RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,4 /5

About RUN Powered by ADP

RUN simplifies payroll and HR with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use tools, all backed by ADPs small business expertise.

Learn more about RUN Powered by ADP

Cleo S.
HR Specialist
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/14

"Great payroll platform!"

Comments: Overall, my experience with RUN Powered by ADP has been great. They provide good customer service support, especially if you use the Workers' Compensation services.

Pros: I've been using ADP for more than two years now. We switched to ADP from Paychex, and I can say it was a smart decision. RUN Powered by ADP is friendly to use. The onboarding process is quick and easy, and the payroll processing feature is complete.

Cons: The only thing that I believe ADP could improve is its pricing for extra features. The basic bundle is complete, but if you want to add features (i.e. child support options for employees) you have to switch to higher bundles.

by ADP on 2020/08/24

Cleo,

We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience beginning at on boarding and on to running payroll with ease! We value your partnership and appreciate your feedback.

-Your RUN? Service Team

• Reviewed on 2020/07/14
Kristen Z.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/22

"Easy to Use Payroll Software"

Comments: I had a great experience using this software and ultimately only switched due to the need to offer benefits.

Pros: The software is intuitive, easy-to-use and secure.

Cons: I have no complaints apart from the constant password changing required.

by ADP on 2021/02/24

Kristen,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? provides you with features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, allowing you more time to focus on your small business.

We appreciate your partnership on your payroll and human capital management needs.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/22
Joan C.
Bookkeeper
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/09

"Good software but expensive"

Comments: Liked it and ADP but the price went up. Interesting that when I requested no increase I got it once but not again. When I said I was going to leave I wasn’t offered anything to keep my account. Months later I got calls and a million emails offering me months for free and no W2 charges. I would have stayed since I liked the product and the company and would have liked not to go through the pain of a change.

Pros: Easygoing use. Reports very good.access. ADP provides lots of HR info.

Cons: It is quite easy to use. The reports are well designed and easy toI asked about no increase I got it once but not again. When I said I was going to leakreques

by ADP on 2020/07/10

Joan,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? provided you with features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, allowing you more time to focus on your small business.

We appreciate your feedback and our RUN? Service Team would love the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. We hope to partner with you again on your payroll and human capital management needs.

Managing Member
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

"Payroll Taxes"

Comments: It is not different than Paychex. Just big corporate software. It works well, but if you have a problem you are working with giant companies. Not sure with Paychex, but ADP customer service was horrific.

Pros: Actual payroll processing and data entry of employees and payroll is easy.

Cons: I had payroll tax issues that were not resolved by customer service, and in fact were made worse, causing a fine and back taxes.

by ADP on 2020/07/10

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We love hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but it also streamlines your payroll processing. Our RUN? Service Team would like to ensure your tax concerns are resolved, we look forward to connecting with you.

As always, we strive to add value to your organization and add time back into your day through our products and services enabling you to focus on what matters most.

Mike M.
HR Manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/12

"Solid HR Platform"

Comments: Overall, we find ADP RUN to be useful and a pretty good value for the money. It saves us time and works as expected 99% of the time with no downtime. ADP has really good customer service and we've enjoyed the integration with the retirement services. RUN is robust and offers a lot of different, useful features.

Pros: We've been using ADP RUN for a few years now and have enjoyed our experience with the system. It makes payroll a breeze and provides our staff members with an easy-to-use timecard and information portal, which allows them to see their pay stubs, W-2s, and retirement balances. Errors within the system are rare, and the ADP customer service team is extremely responsive if any issues do arise. W-2 forms are generated automatically for us to mail out and ADP also helpfully files tax and employment reports, which saves a ton of time. An added bonus is the fact that RUN integrates with ADP's retirement services division, so employees can make changes to their deferral percentages and investment options directly through the Employee Access hub. We've also found the HR411 feature to be useful for basic HR queries, particularly when certain forms are needed. It's a good resource.

Cons: Every so often, the Employee Access hub seems to glitch and prevents some employees from reaching their accounts. I've found that this can sometimes be rectified with a cache clear or even opening the Access portal in a different browser, but overall this is a relatively minor issue and it can be quickly cleared up in most cases. ADP also has a bit of a habit of having random salespeople reach out from time to time to attempt upsells rather than a dedicated account manager (we do have a dedicated manager, but the upsells are usually pitched by others).

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/12
Ashley J.
Administration/ITSpecialist
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/28

"RUN Powered by ADP Review"

Comments: Overall I like ADP because it is a whole lot easier than the old way of doing things and it a lot easier than our other system. There are some quirks with it and it could stand to be a bit more modernized, but even still its a decent service that offers a lot of neat things that can be extremely useful.

Pros: As an employee I liked being able to log in and view my W-2s quickly as well as the employee handbook and PTO. As a person who also runs the payroll its nice being able to see an excel type form of all the employees across the board. I like being alerted when money is coming out so I know exactly whats going on especially since the funds came out earlier than what I thought. There is also a nice break down of everything. I like the idea of having all the employee perks that can be added on and will maybe be implementing more in the future. Lastly I liked being able to change some of the other employees banking information without too much of a hassle. There were 2 employees that changed banks shortly after getting ADP and requested their direct deposits go to their new banks and I assumed it would be a hassle to get them set up again, but it was pretty easy.

Cons: It took some time and frustration to set it up and even still its not fully functional as far as the perks that are promised with the service. We have the vendor discounts at different restaurants and stores as well as a retirement plan, but it took a bit of time to set it up because the rep that was assisting us couldn't get through to the customer service. Another thing I was not expecting was that the money was being withdrawn the night before the actual payday. I'm not sure if that is an ADP thing or just how things work sometimes as this is the first time I've run payroll. It was also frustrating having to log into multiple services. As an employee and then to run payroll. I set up 2 log ins, but I feel like if you are an employee running payroll everything should be in 1 space.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/28
Lindsey-leigh M.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/01

"A decent product that gets the job done better than the servicer we had before."

Comments: For what we need it to do, it works and then some. Having all the reports available for us to run when we have audits is much better than having to request them and wait from our previous company.

Pros: For the most part, running payroll and managing employees is easy. If there is anything that you have difficulty with there is always an agent to walk you through how to get it done. It is nice that I can enter payroll from my computer, or my phone as I am sometimes out in the field when payroll needs to be run.

Cons: ADP can be VERY pushy about buying additional services from them. I find it quite annoying myself. They take a bit of a " if you don't get this services, this can happen" approach that I do not appreciate.

by ADP on 2020/12/07

Lindsey-Leigh,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

How wonderful to hear that RUN? provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips, empowering you to focus on your business!

We value your trust and partnership on your payroll and HCM needs.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/01
Jennifer G.
Human Resources Representative
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/07

"Great human resource management tool."

Pros: Great human resource management tool that is easy to use. I love that it gives you real-time reports and lets you create reports that are calculated by the time you have been working. It is very convenient that ADP tool is compatible with many other project management tools and can be easily integrated.

Cons: ADP is a web-based tool with smart time tracking. I wish it could track how many time you have spent on each client with one simple click. The general invoice system is very user-friendly and straightforward however currency change is not an available feature. Detailed visual overviews help plan your time and resources better and offers valuable insights, however the interface is a little boring.

John R.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/05

"RUN is Awesome!"

Comments: As a small business with 3-5 employees, you might not think of ADP RUN, but it's great! I deal with customer service weekly and use the RUN app almost every day. It is an excellent tool for my small business!

Pros: I have been using RUN since 2009 and what I most like is how user-friendly and easy it is to use as well as providing detailed easy to manage and download reports. Also, RUN provided all the needed records for the cares act(PPP), which was a huge help with the loan process. Lastly, I also frequently use the mobile app, a great feature I do enjoy. Very happy to refer RUN!

Cons: As of yet, not much! RUN has been a great tool for many years and have not found anything I didn't find helpful.

by ADP on 2021/02/08

John,

We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP? and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you.

Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/05
Richard R.
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Weekly Payroll"

Comments: It takes me less than a minute to process my weekly payroll. Very simple to use and with ADP dealing with taxes, a section 125 deduction, and local taxes, it let's me focus on my business.

Pros: Easy to use. Easy to set up. Reasonable Cost. Handles my federal, state, and local taxes. I can do my payroll from just about anywhere.

Cons: Could offer the ability to customize reports for accounting. I don't need to integrate the payroll into my G/L, but formatting reports to allow for easier journal entries would be nice.

by ADP on 2019/09/26

Richard,

Thank you for this stellar review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

Hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? puts time back into your day is music to our ears! We strive to provide you with superior tools and support to enable you to plug that time back into what matters most...your employees and your business.

RUN Powered by ADP? does provide a Custom Report option and our RUN Service Team would be happy to explore this option with you as it relates to your GL. We look forward to hearing from you!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/24
Joyce T.
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/25

"Using ADP"

Comments: We are able to run payroll without having to call anyone, I can do it from home or vacation. It has proven to be easy to use the software. I have been able to call customer support and accomplish all the things quickly and efficiently over the phone. It has been a good experience so far. I am pleased so far.

Pros: I am new to ADP so I am still learning. It has been very easy to maneuver through payroll. I have been able to make changes and add things with very little trouble. I like it so far and the customer service is good also when you do not know just what to do.

Cons: I have not found too many things I don't like about it. The only thing I can think of is when I signed up I was talking to a sales Rep who led me to believe he was my go-to person for all problems. He was very helpful in the set up process but when I needed customer service he was not thee for me. It would be nice to have a representative to call with my questions.

by ADP on 2020/03/16

Joyce,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, especially when on the go!

We value your partnership on your human capital management needs.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/25
Carla F.
Payroll Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/15

"In general the overall experience is good"

Pros: The system is easy to use and intuitive. Most days there are very few issues. Everything from benefits, taxing, withholding and demographics are is right there to see.

Cons: Customer service can be a struggle. However recently this does not seem to be an issue either. There are also changes being made, sometimes we are not expecting the placement to change. For example following the last big change we suddenly had to stop and look for the items moved to the pay tab. Even though it did not take long it was unexpected.

Heather K.
CEO, Simply Beautiful by Heather
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/05

"I've been an ADP user since 1999 and it's always been growing with us!"

Pros: Constant updates and ADP actually listens to the feedback of their customers. I LOVE having a dedicated manager to answer my questions or to direct me in the right direction.

Cons: I wish that when setting up a new tax that needs an ID #, that ADP would handle contacting the state for id #'s, etc.

by ADP on 2017/12/07

Hi Heather -

Thank you for providing a positive review of our WFN platform. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP!

• Reviewed on 2017/12/05
Mark P.
Team Leader
Automotive, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/29

"ADP User"

Comments: Overall, it is a user friendly software and is a great, organized program.

Pros: I like that the software breaks down each specific type of pay and even shows a pie chart of where my money has gone and what type of deductions were taken out of my check. There is also a downloadable pdf copy of my official paystub.

Cons: I did not like that it resets your password occasionally and that you can’t use your last four passwords. I do not have a wide array of memorable passwords.

by ADP on 2019/10/04

Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are thrilled to hear that RUN Powered by ADP? provides you with ease of use and peace of mind so you can focus on the things that matter most . We value your feedback and appreciate your insights!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/29
Hope W.
Sr. Payroll Analyst
Mining & Metals, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/07

"ADP is a good produce and mostly user friendly"

Pros: The layout of the reports. They are easy to find and easy to use. The quarter to date information is straight forward and makes balancing easier

Cons: The new Smartcompliance is not as user friendly as the older version was. There is an outstanding issue on the home page from 2013 that has been resolved but it will not go away. I find that troubling.

Jennifer P.
Administration and HR Director
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/19

"Great management tool for Payroll"

Pros: I like the reporting ability which allows me to review and easily drill down into employee time and attendance.

Cons: It can be a little confusing to know who to talk to when you need help as there are different platforms that all work together and you can find yourself being transferred around or dropped.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/19
Emily M.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/10

"Payroll by ADP"

Comments: This system is easy to use on a daily basis. This is an easy system to train staff. I like the reports that i can print including the address labels.

Pros: I like this payroll option because everything you need is right there in the system.

Cons: There isn't much that i don't like about it. I can't say anything negative about it.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/10
Katy S.
manager
Food & Beverages, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/24

"love it"

Comments: Overall, it has been a great experience and they have provided a quality product

Pros: I love almost everything about this company. They provide pay statements three days early and my employees seem to have no issues with the company

Cons: I would have to say I hate the customer service aspect of the company. They are not helpful at all and really are useless to my employees as well as me

by ADP on 2020/08/24

Katy,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We appreciate your valuable insights!

• Reviewed on 2020/06/24
Charlotte B.
Office Manager/Payroll/HR
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/28

"Run Powered by ADP Made My Life Easier"

Comments: We have been using ADP for years. This last upgrade has given me so many more and easier options. I love that I can get all my reports with a click of a button. Some were already there, but may be I wasn't using correctly. ADP now makes it more clear for some reason.

Pros: Reports

Cons: have to go back and forth to much

• Reviewed on 2017/03/28
Renee S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/08

"Easy to use programs, Excellent Customer Service, We are always IRS compliant with ADP :)"

Pros: User friendly, run and time card manager work together seamlessly, HR 411 has all the tools a company needs to stay compliant

Cons: No complaints ADP has great software
If I had to complain I would say I wish timecats manager tracked employees call in locations

• Reviewed on 2017/08/08
Silvana S.
Payroll leader
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/15

"I find that ADP have great customer service employees."

Pros: It is easy user friendly, easy to follow how to hire, terminate employees. Reports are accurate and fairly easy to create.

Cons: If you submit a payroll file, you need to call in to delete it.
with other ADP software, you were allow to delete the batch yourself.

Sarah N.
med collections
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/12

"ADP"

Comments: It is easy for all the employees to use

Pros: I love using adp software, been using it for over 5 years. It super easy to use.

Cons: I do not dislike anything about this adp software

by ADP on 2019/08/15

Sarah,

Thank you for the valuable feedback of RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are thrilled to hear that our products provides you with the information & access you need at your fingertips -- and we are equally pleased to hear that your employees find the system easy to navigate as well.

We are always looking for additional ways to add value to your organization and your employees. We appreciate you taking the time to provide these insights on your experience!

• Reviewed on 2019/08/12
Darlene Z.
ADMIN ASSISTANT
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/30

"NOT BAD"

Pros: THE PROGRAM IS VERY EASY TO USE. IT WALKS YOU THRU EACH STEP.

Cons: I DON'T LIKE THAT I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD NEW EMPLOYEE DATA EACH TIME I ADD A NEW EMPLOYEE. WHEN I WANT TO PUT NEW HIRES IN THE TIME CLOCK, I GET AN ERROR MSG. WITH THE OLD TIME CLOCK (USED FOR TIME & ATTENDANCE) I HAD NO PROBLEMS ENROLLING A NEW HIRE IN THE TIME CLOCK. ALL OF OUR EMPLOYEES USE THE FINGER PRINT TIME CLOCK.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/30
Mary M.
Direcotr of Finance
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/16

"generally positive"

Pros: Time and Attendance portion is easy for employees to use to record their time and track their paid time off. The platform has easy and logical progression to add new employees.

Cons: When you export report to excel the numbers transfer as text which is contrary to why I export to excel. Also, need to be able to allocate salary earnings and show allocation of taxes and benefits .

• Reviewed on 2017/08/16