• Overall
    4,3 /5
    4,4 /5

About Workfront

The platform for enterprise work management, helping teams and companies plan, execute, and deliver great work and desired outcomes.

Learn more about Workfront

Showing 1 081 reviews

Faith P.
Technician
Banking, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/31

"It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data"

Comments: Sharing of projects is now easy and every member of the team has up to date data on project progress. Moreover, executives look for loopholes to help in easily and monitor progress.

Pros: It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data which helps organization executives to monitor work in real-time using the data. The most important thing is that their support team worked with us from the beginning to create a platform that best fits our job environment. Now we can easily work in teams as we are able to plan, create and share tasks and projects within the platform and most importantly Workfront was integrated with the softwares that we use on a daily basis. Another benefit is that they offer a free trial for an organization.

Cons: The vendor support team took a little bit longer in creating the Workfront platform that could best match our needs but in all it was a success and now we are good.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/31
Judy P.
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 2015/09/01

"Long time administrator of AtTask/Workfront"

Pros: Workfront has allowed our department to fine-tune our projects, which consist of approx. 45-50 projects per year over three selling seasons, all working concurrently. We have been able to integrate our Product Development dept in NYC and our distribution facility in South Carolina, in order to Go to Market in a seamless manner. There is visibility for anyone who needs it and a range of reporting functions.

Cons: It can be frustrating to set everything up in a particular manner, only to have it become a 'legacy'. The challenge I've faced as the admin for my company is that it's not my full time job and it can be time-consuming to figure things out at times, or try to configure a work-around to meet our needs. The reporting has improved a lot since we started with the product 7 years ago, but there are still some basic needs that aren't met, such as the fact that there's a beautiful Milestone report, but it's not printable. It is the exact type of report that is most useful for our organization, but it's impossible to print out for our dept meeting, for instance.

• Reviewed on 2015/09/01
Sophie B.
Sr Knowledge Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/11

"Yes!!!!!!!!!!"

Comments: Very satisfactory. Can’t imagine another product meeting the needs of our org with so many workflows and such complex data needs. Incredible customer service and training resources. Incredibly helpful annual conference for users and potential buyers.

Pros: Workfront is a fantastic, adaptable project and resource management system. If you have diverse needs across your org or company, it is the product for you. It can be fully adapted to very disparate teams. I find new features and functionality every day.

Cons: Because it’s so able-to-be-tailored, a high-quality implementation can take a looong time, but their implementation services are fantastic

• Reviewed on 2019/09/11
Dawn M.
Manager, Enterprise PMO
Financial Services, 501-1 000 Employees

"Good Stuff"

Comments: From implementation to the partners - it's great!

Pros: It helps streamline work. A business that runs more efficiently is going to be the leader of the pack.

Cons: I think resource mapping could use a touch more work. I'd love to see a heat map.

Production Designer
Food & Beverages, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Workfront Works!"

Comments: Projects are laid out very well, and we provide transparency to our requesters.

Pros: I like the functions of it all. It's very organized, and once you're used to it, it's very easy to use.

Cons: Unfortunately I find the app extremely difficult to use and frustrating.

Gaurav G.
Senior Web Analyst
Food & Beverages, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/25

"Project Management made easy"

Comments: After using Workfront, I was able to focus on completing my analytics projects in time and reduced time wasting in finding what my tasks were by searching for emails where tasks were originally requested. I was able to successfully document progress I made on various marketing projects and review it with my manager. So, avoided wastage of time and paper when reviewing progress of my work. This reporting capability of Workfront also helped my manager provide budget and resources support, when needed.

Pros: I use Workfront software to manage my analytics workflow which is part of the larger marketing campaign projects. My favorite feature of Workfront is its ability to search all projects by specific keywords such as name of vendor, product or brand which my marketing team is trying to promote. And, the feature of summarizing all the projects in one page with my name assigned to them. So, I can quickly find a project I need to work on as well as prioritize it. I also like the feature of getting an update in my email that a new project has been assigned to me by my marketing team, so I know I need to start working on a new project. Support is great. All these features make me more productive in my role of a web analyst.

Cons: Workfront interface is not very user friendly so it takes time for a newbie to first train on it before adopting it. The scale of project completion from 0% to 100% is not very accurate because I had to leave it on 0% for some of my projects for me to know that those projects are not complete before moving on to the next set of new projects. I was unable to print the milestone report so I could share it with executives. I also struggled with the limited ability to globalize the comments, so I was having a tough time tracking a conversation.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/25
Marketing Projects Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/22

"Complete and powerful PM information system with some areas to improve"

Comments: Working in an in-house marketing department, we have been using Workfront for three years to manage our projects and operations. We need overall visibility on all the activities of our department, plus a powerful collaboration platform.
Our main aim using Workfront is to manage the capacity vs workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand.
Workfront is fulfilling our basic needs, but we feel that there is a lack of ability to create clear dashboards or to have a better visibility of critical task between multiple projects at the same time (which happens when several campaigns overlap).
There are other points to improve (see Cons below), but it seems that folks at Workfront are committed to improve those areas and correct the product weaknesses.

Pros: Logging hours is not painful (as it actually sounds), there are several choices to input them and it’s quite easy to get used to the habit.
The collaboration features are very good: comments, sharing if documents, approvals...
Work requests via assignments are clear and provide accountability.
Integrated document proofing and versioning is a must for any creative department and this one works really well.
Workfront support is quick and responses are elaborated, always providing a workaround if there isn't a functionality to match your need.

Cons: Reporting is a bit limited; while basic reporting is completely fulfilled and you can present the information in clear graphs, when you try to create complex relations (historic vs forecast, capacity vs demand) things get more complicated, there are limitations and you need workarounds to obtain the desired (or closest to the desired) information.
Sharing of information is cumbersome; although you can send automatic reports by email, it's difficult to distribute more elaborated pieces of information.
Resource management is limited; there are tools in the system, but they are not intuitive and are a legacy of previous versions of the system.
Learning curve is steep, it doesn't take much time to get familiarised with the common request-collaborate actions (which most of the users will do), but it needs much time and training to carry out actual project management processes within the system.

• Reviewed on 2015/10/22
Rebecca L.
Founder + CEO
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/06

"Planning software that helps us get the job done"

Comments: A great tool, I love the ease of use and the time it has saved my team!

Pros: We have produced hundreds of events and this software is essential to keeping us on time and on budget. The entire company uses it for everything from resource planning, event workflows and automated approvals, to our company-wide operations calendar and staffing. Being able to create customized dashboards to track, in real time, the progress of all of our ongoing projects has led to increased collaboration across our teams and given us time back to focus on our clients. I like the streamlined document proofing capabilities which allows us to eliminate major bottlenecks and reduce unnecessary paper – it all lives in the platform! Every event is different, and the nimble functionality of the platform allows an adaptable environment for our clients while still tracking the necessary metrics of success. The reporting capabilities is terrific, very robust, and most importantly, easy to use. It has everything we need, and even things we didn't know we needed!

Cons: Because the platform is so robust there is a healthy learning curve for new employees, dedication to training and maintenance across the full company is needed for successful adoption.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/06
Narayan R.
IT Manager
Information Technology & Services
  • Reviewed on 2015/05/01

"My experience with Workfront has been fantastic."

Pros: The software is extremely intuitive, very interactive and intelligently designed. It supports the many different approaches to work management and is highly flexible. The API also provides endless opportunity for enterprise integrations. The reporting is very powerful. The training offerings are extremely useful. Quarterly roadmap webinars provide administrators with a great overview of future functionality. The vendor is great to work with. The sales reps, client success consultants, delivery consultants, trainers and support staff are all very helpful in working through issues until they are resolved. Progress on requests is highly visible through their requests interface. The response times for all types of requests, whether direct email or within the support site, are responded to in a timely fashion.

Cons: I least like the fact that the product was rebranded. I also do not like some of the limitations of the amounts of data that can be reported out of the system. While the reporting interface is very powerful, the application struggles to provide reports when large amounts of data are being reported on. The sandbox environments are very slow, which results in very little use of them. If they performed well, they would be used much more by our users and administrators for testing. Regarding the vendor, I sometimes feel like there are known issues, bugs or limitations within the software that should be addressed.

• Reviewed on 2015/05/01
Agneta S.
Senior Project Manager
Financial Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/18

"From a constant stream of chaotic, seemingly unstructured requests to a streamlined intake of work."

Comments: Having a singe route for the marketing operations team (our internal agency) to take in work has created more structured, more consistent intake so work can be assessed more easily. It has completely stopped requests getting stuck in peoples email inboxes or sent to the wrong person. We now also have greater visibility of projects and requests. Can asses the type and volume of work so we can schedule resources easier and plan for future recruitment better.

Pros: It has broad functionality and follow typical project management flows and tools such as agile and different project views. It is rich enough to run complex projects and you can simplify it to make it easier to use for users that have no or limited project management experience. The system administrator can do most, if not all, configuration so you keep control of the system in-house without needing consultancy. I particularly like that you can report on all fields in the system, even against custom forms, so if you have a non-standard project need you can report on it.

Cons: Out of the box there are no templates or workflows, which means you start from scratch. There would be nice to have had some basic flows to start with. Some of my colleagues in the marketing team found the broad functionality, needing to access different screens to do different work, quite intimidating. This can be solved with custom dashboards, but as a project management tool designed for marketers (who don't usually have project management training) having an out of the box 'simplified view' would be good.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/18
Merchandise Assistant for Disney's Aulani, DVC, Golden Oak, and Adventures by Disney
Entertainment, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/05

"Strong Project Delegation Site with Some Room to Improve"

Comments: This replaced a previous program for task and artwork sharing purposes, pertaining to projects and collections. Once a master user customizes your dashboard, it is easy to see all of your projects in one place without digging through thousands of unrelated projects from other departments. (Make sure to pin your custom dashboard before you click away.) I like that this shows a percentage for each task and how far along the project is. People are then asked to take responsibility for their tasks and have to change the status to 100% to progress the project to Finished. There's no confusion with edits to artwork – you can compare past versions without flipping to another tab. It's easy to make comments on the artwork so the respective teammate can make note of the changes for the next version.

Pros: Clear percentage gauge for project that changes as tasks are completed by team members. Customizable dashboards for each user or department to allow them to view what they need to see and work on, versus sifting through all the projects manually. Can share and upload files easily, including multiple versions. If sharing artwork, you can share many versions and updated files, with the option to compare past iterations side-by-side. Any edits needed for artwork files can be highlighted with lines that point to the area in question, which creates a little bubble that links to the sidebar with a comment from a teammate.

Cons: An admin for the site/master user needs to help with customizing the dashboards for new users. Master user has to grant/create special team groups/distribution so everyone on the team can see the project and receive updates. To clear notifications, one has to manually check that they've read all of them, or click through each link one by one.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/05
Emma j. H.
Professional Freelancer
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/11

"Workfront Leading the Frontier of Web-Based Project Management Systems"

Comments: Workfront is a great web-based project management platform. It is well-designed, and the company continues to make updates to improve it's platform and does not just sit on their hands for one annual update. It is very easy to link projects, manage workflows, the reporting is intuitive, and much more. In addition, asset management is streamlined with ability to house documents within projects, or as my company does for larger programs that span multiple projects, create an actual Document Repository project that can be used across multiple boards. The community is very engaged and admins and project managers can speak together to help figure out the more advanced parts of the platform and how to help arrive at the endpoint your are searching for, wherever possible. They have phenomenal integration with other platforms, with options to have full DAM and more, but each add on increases the price (naturally). Even as they develop, they tend to have beta areas and accept feedback to continue to improve before they launch something that would impact the entire platform.

Pros: Well-designed
Continual Updates from Workfront instead of waiting to fix problems
Ease of linking projects with cross-predecessors
Managing Workflows
Reporting
DAM
Engaged community with other Project Managers to discuss best ways to utilize Workfront
Integration with other platforms

Cons: I am interested in almost all that Workfront has to offer, but to have everything it can do can be cost-prohibitive. My company has utilized other platforms, that may be less efficient and harder to keep everything consolidated, simply because of the additional cost of utilizing the feature in Workfront.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/11
Jessa S.
Portfolio Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/02

"I think that Workfront is a very innovative system - I think there are some missing pieces too."

Pros: I like that Workfront is pretty easy to navigate, I also like the new front with integrations coming into play. I like how easy it is to do reporting and leverage reports into dashboards.

Cons: I do not like the lack of ability to customize user instances. I would prefer to hide everything that a user does not need to see or use to make it way more basic. Right now, the system is not structured to do this by user only by group or permission settings. I think it's also annoying to have current-pending projects not be an option to show on the legacy gnatt and it's a pretty easy feature. I'd also like to see more development with roles and skillsets not the basic settings for primary and secondary roles. I'm happy to hear that the help desk will be restructuring requests going to specific topics such as reporting. I have used the help desk before and have found it frustrating that the consultant I am assigned does not have the knowledge to address my concern/question and I get passed along through the pipe until I reach someone who can. I'd like to see development in reporting more.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/02
Anna S.
Creative Designer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Reviewed on 2015/09/09

"A Workfront end user to be allocated work and track progress."

Pros: The overall interface and system is very intuitive to use. One of the most effective parts has been the clear segmentation of each project into separate tasks with individual deadlines and approval steps. This has helped with allocating the best person to work on each task which has resulted in the whole team working more efficiently. The approval process is a useful feature that allows the correct senior staff to confirm the work is complete and has been checked. Additionally, Workfront have been very helpful in implementing suggestions to make the system work better for us and our working processes by implementing suggestions for new functionality. They have also been very proactive in training and getting feedback for new ideas to make the software even better.

Cons: Setting up the system has taken a very long time to implement within our business. I understand this is mainly down to the speed at which our business incorporates change and that Workforce has been integrated with existing systems and software we already have in place. The resourcing tool has not been ideal for our working practices and we are needing to do further work before this tool can be fully used - but Workfront are working with us to implement new features that will enable us to use this in the future.

• Reviewed on 2015/09/09
Dan C.
Creative Manager
Broadcast Media, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/26

"The first few months of Workfront are promising"

Comments: Workfront has given us a scalable and shapeable project management software. Startup and migration from our previous system has been cumbersome, but the outlook towards a robust and customized project management software is very promising.

Pros: Extraordinarily customizable. We've been able to suit to more precisely to our needs than our previous project management software.
Proofing options are excellent, allowing for dynamic viewing, commenting, and approvals.
Conversation-style updates digests, easy to track.
Robust notifications
Really like the predecessor feature that triggers actions AFTER other actions are complete.
Solid budgeting and reporting functions.
In-project media storage is extremely useful, meaning that we don't have to use a third party.

Cons: Fairly intense learning curve for both those who on-boarded the software and the users. The software really needed to be shaped to our environment before it was ready for easier learning for the crew.
The sheer volume of features meant that we spent considerable time distinguishing between some aspects of the software from other similarly named aspects.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/26
Richard H.
Global business excellence Manager
Food Production, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/04

"workfront review"

Comments: We've found the tool to be very good, (with some weaknesses - see above). Support to date has been variable - delays responding at times but overall we feel a positive experience

Pros: the fact that i can configure the out of the box tool to manage my bespoke business process its relatively intuitive for new users to grasp ongoing development of functionality. it feels like workfront are ambitious but not too big to stop listening to the customers the fact that reviewer licences are free but give some basic functionailty. if we had to pay for all licences it would put us off and limit the scope of the tool

Cons: Document management - its a real weakness of workfront that documents cannot be edited in location and saved down. dowloading, editiing, saving then uploading is very long winded and a barrier to adoption. particularly for those people who use sharepoint. searchability in updates - poor. i can't search / filter messages by subject/user... etc I still feel the reporting is a bit limited and old school (pie charts/bar charts) - we expect more options these days and still therefore have to export data into excel at times to generate different kinds of reports

• Reviewed on 2019/06/04
Kyle C.
Account Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/07

"Hands down, without Workfront my job would be frustrating."

Comments: I have to manage multiple projects a week, and Workfront allows me to stay on top of everything from the start of the project all the way through the launch date.

Pros: As a recent college grad (and first career job), this is my first experience with a work project management system. In school, they don't teach you about this at all. I imagined everything was done via email or voice. Using this system makes managing projects efficient and convenient. A few things I love the most are the actual projects that allow me to allocate resources, assign tasks, upload documents, and have timelines and lists of my projects.

Cons: The main dashboard was a little hard to navigate at first, and the update a few months ago made it worse. BUT, the new design rollout today I am super excited for!!

Chrissy J.
Sr. Marketing Automation Specialist
Management Consulting, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/05

"Great for managing tasks, set up can be time consuming"

Comments: Overall, the pros of having a SaaS that provides me a task "to-do" list every day outweighs the time spent up front making sure projects are set up and assigned out correctly. Visibility into an entire team's work load is a major plus as well.

Pros: Very useful for managing tasks once projects are all set up. I generally have at least 100+ different tasks that I'm working on at any given time, so being able to sort and organize by the day they are due and have that view is a lifesaver. The calculated allocation is also useful to see if it is even possible to accomplish everything in a given work week.

Cons: If you have a project to set up that doesn't follow a template, you will spend A LOT of time getting your tasks, milestones, etc. all set up and assigning the work out. It can also be cumbersome to modify task due dates if they change.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/05
Adam M.
Senior Project Manager – Resource & Infrastructure Optimization.
Retail, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/07

"Easy Project Management, Made Easy!"

Comments: So, our eMarketing design team has always been very "execution" focused... yes you need Governance (evaluate the Charter and brief documents) and Reporting (who's doing what and how much of it are they doing?)...but the reality of a very small team was that we were execute / execute / execute. Per that, the team started off managing projects via XLS, which is the bare minimum you can use; with Zero project plans / work assignments or easy document sharing or communication. Workfront, then AtTask, was brought on board and solved so many problems that as the number of projects increases, the number of Design team members has not had to.

Pros: So, I have two "dog & pony" training sessions when introducing a team member to Workfront; one is for a Business Owner or Project Manager, while the other is for Resources (e.g. Content writers, Visual Designers, Coders, etc.). Either way, it lasts about 25 minutes only and always I hear "I get it." well before the 25 minutes are up. It's simple to use and grasp quickly, intuitive, and serves up all relevant information in a clear format. I can literally mange hundreds of projects a year successfully because of this tool. Me, by myself.

Cons: I think the adding of new Product features and improvements; the process in place feels a little difficult to get in on. I would guess that's not their intent, but there is an opportunity to improve that, especially with customers who've been using the product for 4+ years!

• Reviewed on 2015/10/07
Lauren J.
Publishing Manager
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/18

"Wouldn't be without it now. It is vital for our project management and data analysis for planning."

Comments: Visibility and transparency across our projects (10 per year), more accurate information for resource forecasting and project planning.

Pros: Personally, reporting is the most useful for me. I run reports daily to glean information for resourcing and future project planning. For our editors, the project plans are vital to manage 100s of tasks in one place and assign work to their team members.

Cons: It can be slow and temperamental at times. Dragging and dropping tasks is a no-no! You never know where it will end up! It is largely intuitive but I have found that it is only by trial and error that I have learned how to ask for what I want to see in reports. Not always immediately obvious. Updates can affect reports also and render them useless / not working as they were before the update.

Megan C.
Business Development Executive
Insurance, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/29

"Best PM Software for Creative Marketing Teams"

Comments: Workfront has an exceptionally good customer success program. From solution specialists to user forums and beyond, you are supported throughout.

Pros: Workfront offers the best suite of services, automations and support for the creative marketing organization. I recommend it for high volume production management, both planned and unplanned. The client management tools are excellent and keep WIPs from escaping too soon. The performance data is easy to capture and customize.

Cons: This is not an easy solution, but it is the best. That means the creative organziation is going to have to invest time and money into implementation and training. Marketing managers will need training on the client side, too.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/29
Senior Visual Designer
Investment Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/19

"It's worth a look, but missing a few key features for myself"

Pros: I used to think Workfront was terrible, until I tried other enterprise level project management software. I'm not saying it's the best, far from it, but I think you start to appreciate it more after you realize what a herculean task it is to track everything. It does a decent job of letting you know what you're responsible for, with helpful email notifications so you don't need to always be in the tool. And once you get those notifications it's easy to respond directly in email or link to the project/task at hand and respond or make changes there. The really killer feature is the proofing tool, which despite some grumbling is one of the best out there. It allows commenting and markups of all types and allows you to do so in context. It also does versioning of the proofs, which is super helpful to go back to to remember what was marked up prior or changed. All in all it gets the job done but it's not particularly a pleasure to use, other than the proofing tool.

Cons: Not the most user friendly or aesthetic. The dashboard could use some better UX. I tried out a beta of the new dashboard and that was even worse, glad they didn't roll it out. The one big negative is the lack of a proper calendar module. I heard that one exists but for version my company uses, we don't have anything remotely resembling a calendar view. This is so helpful to me to get a view of milestones and deadlines coming up, without having to do the mental gymnastics of looking at a list view of tasks and figuring out what my priorities are. While the proofing tool is amazing (see pros) it does have a couple of missing features. One is the ability to mark comments as completed or resolved without having to do a response, and the only is to somehow create a linear history and relationship of the markups through the versioning system, so you see the evolution of them. Also, the whole idea of creating percentages done of a task seems so arbitrary to me. Even my company doesn't take much stock in it. We basically leave things at 0% until we absolutely need to mark things as 100% complete in order to not risk being at risk or to move on to the next task that's dependent on the prior one.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/19
Jan F.
Packaging & Containers, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/17

"Easy way to Communicate with a Team"

Comments: We used it for one specific client and it performed exactly to our needs to keep the projects organized and keep the line of communication clear and concise. It helped to streamline our communication process into one platform.

Pros: What I liked most about the Workfront software was the ability to discuss a lot of different projects with an entire time. The communication channels are easy to follow and keep track of multiple projects at one time.

Cons: It was a little cumbersome to use at first but once you get a handle on all the tools it becomes an easy software to utilize and use on a daily basis. Great communication for a whole team that is located within several different offices.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/17
Brandon H.
Creative Services Project Manager
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees

"Best PM tool around"

Comments: My experience with Workfront has been an excellent one. The system has revolutionize the way that I PM. I'm able to have full oversight into the projects that are coming into our team and keeping an eye on when things are due. It's helping me to keep things moving and that's critical.

Pros: For me, as a Creative Services PM, my favorite thing about Workfront is being able to have a highly customizable way to uniformly intake project requests. The ability to also have an in-system proofing tool is invaluable -- it helps to keep our stakeholders accountable and it streamlines our proofing/feedback workflow.

Cons: There's so much to learn -- our organization is 1.5 years in and I'm still just scratching the surface of WF's capabilities. This might be one of those strengths veiled as a weakness, but that's my main pinch point.