• Overall
    3,7 /5
    4,1 /5
    3,4 /5

About NCR Silver

NCR Silver delivers the tools you need to drive your goals. Cloud based ePOS, actionable insights, marketing tools, and more.

Learn more about NCR Silver

Showing 25 reviews of 142

Director of Marketing & Events
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/14

"iPad POS that includes marketing tools!"

Pros: Having email templates included was huge for us. Customer data integrates with emails, allowing us to segment our customers and send personalized deals.

Cons: Email templates are not as attractive as something like MailChimp, so a working knowledge of html coding can help make them more appealing

• Reviewed on 2019/03/14
Kelley C.

"Payment reporting inhancement"

Comments: Our overall experience with Silver has been great. We have recommended this product to several colleagues.

Pros: This software is very easy to use and set-up. There are a lot of helpful reports you can run. I like that you can view your business activity remotely from your smart phone.

Cons: When there is a problem it is sometimes difficult for customer support to fix the problem until the next update. This is frustrating because you are left to wait up to three months or more.

Kari A.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/18

"Originally a great product, now not so much"

Comments: I do not utilize ALL the functionalities because I am a bakery not a restaurant so I would like to be able to get a "cheaper" version so I am able to get the most for my money. In the last few months customer service is almost impossible to get answers from and they no longer have the concierge system where I have a specific customer service agent that helps. Its very frustrating to wait on hold and then get told that I am calling the wrong numbers when the website for help clearly states to call certain numbers for assistance. Overall, customer service needs help.

Pros: I liked the ease of set up of this product as well as the ability to run categorical reports. I also like the ability to use this as a time clock system too!

Cons: I would like to see a way to customize each category more, I sell cupcakes, I would like an option for more specific categories and options.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/18
Chris B.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"More than a cash register!"

Comments: Overall I've been very pleased. I think it's obvious that NCR has taken it's decades of experience working with registers and retailers, fulfilling their needs, and applied it to the Silver app. It isn't the cheapest option on the market but it's way more reliable than any windows PC based POS. I'm not worried about viruses and windows errors or even brief power outages disrupting my business. If I have a wifi connection, I'm in business.

Pros: The back office, inventory management, and customer tracking is terrific. Any system can fulfill the basic need of helping you ring up a sale, but Silver offers features that I didn't know I needed until I had them. Computing sales tax for state filing, locating past customer purchases, super useful features.

Cons: I'd like to be able to add devices without additional fees. I guess I don't understand why having a second device changes anything with regard to the costs incurred. I had a copy of the app on my phone purely as a backup in case something happened to my tablet but realized it was costing me every month for something that I wasn't using.
When wifi is having problems, I wish there would be a way to cache those transactions offline for processing when wifi is connected again. As it stands, I end up using the old carbon copy forms to take and impression and running the transaction later.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Mario R.

"NCR Silver review"

Comments: This is our first POS and it has given us more access and flexibility.

Pros: Stable performance, easy to use interface, good quality stand, printers and drawers.

Cons: We should have access to the programming staff, either directly or via a liaison. There are many small changes that would greatly enhance our experience.

John H.
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/26

"This is a publically traded company NCR No Way..."

Comments: They are an awful company. Their support system is a disaster. I don't know how many times I called NCR Silver for support and get a recording "hello we are experiencing an extremely high call volume. We will get back to you..." IF they get back to you it's hours later when customers have already left because we could not complete our transaction. When my system was first set up, it was set up improperly based upon their support set up. After it was up and running it caused many delays where we could not input customers information and finalize the sale. So often, we received an error message "that item already exists and must create a new ticket" We call NCR Silver and was advised to proceed in an incorrect manner where the issues were never resolved. AFTER 3 YEARS OF THIS NONSENSE, It took my representative to resolve the issue after numerous hours on the telephone. After all this, I asked for a partial credit to my account as they were responsible for the horrible software program. First, a manager would not even talk to me and flat out refused any credit. Then I asked for her manager. He did not even reply back to me. This company is supposed to be a publicly traded company. Their program is horrible and customer support is equal par. HORRIBLE!!!! Ger professional NCR and the managers need to start getting involved with a customer instead of acting like they are holier than thou.....

Pros: We really did not like anything about the solftware. It was very difficlut to operate and there are many issues that NCR is not fixing. The multiple steps to complete a customer transaction is too long. They also do not have enough employees where I have wasted large amount of time waiting for their reps.

Cons: When we call NCR as the merchant to assist on failures of the software program, they do not respond immediately. Their phone system states, if you want to wait for the next avaiable representative press #2 on the phone. This message is repeated almost every 10 seconds. This is very difficult and discouraging.... Of course I want to wait for a representative... Do I have a choice????

by NCR Silver on 2017/04/28

We apologize for the NCR Silver experience not meeting your expectations. Not sure what happened with the "item already exists" issue, but it should never take that long for a problem to get resolved. Thanks for pointing it out to us.

As with any call center, sometimes reps get busy. That is why our award-winning customer support team also offers text, chat and email support. A text for example can solve simple issues substantially quicker. We also, by far, have the most extensive customer support team out of any cloud POS provider and offer live 24/7 support in addition to free set up, monthly menu maintenance, training and more. It's truly a comprehensive service.

As for transaction speeds, the UI in version 4.0 is extremely fast and it vastly streamlined an already quick customer checkout experience.

We have sent your comments to our customer care department, which will be reviewing it.

• Reviewed on 2017/04/26
Neryk Z.
Owner/ barber
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"NCR Silver for Jack and Sons Barber Shop"

Comments: Not bad. Would love to have someone come out and fix the issues we are having.

Pros: Pretty easy to use and great back office helps keep up with inventory and sales.

Cons: System crashes sometimes and usually when we are busy so we have to try to figure out how to fix it ourselves and sometimes call customer service but hold for long time before ever getting help.. still have issues that need to be corrected with Quantum unit.

Kristi E.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/20

"Unresolved issues and expensive"

Comments: It is handy with reachingnour customers and very user friendly for our staff. We have a really hard time with our retail product growing and needing a barcode scanner but we don’t want to pay NCR more money when we have other issues with them that are not being resolved. It is also expensive. Some other businesses like ours use square and have no issues and have no monthly cost for the service, just merchant fees, which we also have in addition to our fees with NCR.

Pros: Very easy to use. Easy to retain customer contact info.

Cons: We’ve had quite a few unresolved and recurring issues with our credit card processing.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/20
Robert P.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/21

"Mostly positive"

Comments: My overall experience has been good. They have great support

Pros: I like the ease of use and the different reports offered. They also have a lot of tools that come with the software, from POS to customer loyalty.

Cons: I don't like how the price seems to go up. The main reason I chose NCR was their pricing.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/21
Jenny M.

"Could be better"

Comments: I feel Silver could be better there’s a lot of other POS systems out there that have more restaurant functionality.

Pros: User friendly easy to train new employees to use.

Cons: When it works it’s fine, but that’s when it works only. My card reader majority of the time doesn’t work and they’re brand new.

Jeremy P.

"Review"

Comments: It’s beem a good system overall

Pros: Easy to use interface, ability to access back office anywhere

Cons: A little slow, monthly price increase with no value added

Katherine J.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/18

"NCR Silver Review June 2019"

Pros: It is easy to add new items to the program and the color classification of the system to make it easier for my cashiers to remember where a certain item is located.

Cons: I wish there was a way that all customers had to enter in their information in our system before starting check out. This would make it easier for our customers who use the loyalty program.

Melissa M.
CO-OWNER
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/23

"NCR SILVER"

Comments: I am able to work from home, vacation, or office.

Pros: The ease of navigating the pages and the POS. The reports are easily found and read.

Cons: Not able to save custom variations that are used regularly.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/23
Mix M.
Chef / Owner
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/08

"Buyer beware!!!"

Comments: The only times we got any communication was before and up to the sale. After that we only got to speak to someone when there was a problem. the programming of the menu items, modifiers, void/comp reasons etc. was clearly done by people that have never been in the restaurant business so every abbreviation and menu item had to be re-done by us which took up valuable time that we did not have. there is a log of all of the issues that were called in that has yet to be addressed by management. everyone seems to just want to pass it down the line and nobody has taken ownership of the problem and certainly nobody has offered a solution. Except for TOAST POS that we have replaced your system with. I will never do business with NCR again and will be completely honest with anyone whom asks my opinion or about my experience.

Pros: BOH reporting was about it. I wish there was more.

Cons: The connectivity was terrible. The hand held EMV chip processors tie up the terminal so no other servers can use it until the transaction has been completed. we had to buy additional iPads just to process payments using a SQUARE swipe attachment and set up separate account for payment so we could latr transfer the money into our actual account once the NCR payments had posted. The payment process is terribly time consuming and has caused a great deal of negative feedback on social media which has cost us in sales and also in repeat customers. Additionally, we had 3 of the portable units fail in the middle of service, on 3 separate occasions, causing payment log jams and upsetting even more guests ( the units had to be replaced and it took 3-4 days for them to arrive...) WORST system ever in my 39 years in the business!

• Reviewed on 2019/07/08
Nicholas M.
general manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/02

"Everything works perfectly except for the card readers!"

Pros: very easy to use! also easy to add and delete stuff!

Cons: the card readers get compromised and we have to send them and get them replace every other week. its frustrating!

Essa R.
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/27

"NCR POS"

Comments: I’m controlling my inventory and ordering

Pros: Accuracy and convenience of the reporting

Cons: Unable to edit the paid out labels and reasons for payouts

• Reviewed on 2018/07/27
Lynn R.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/23

"Good Value"

Pros: Ease of use, accuracy, better pricing than previous pos purchased.

Cons: Customer service sometimes but not always helpful.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/23
Justin M.
IT Mananger
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

"NCR Silver"

Pros: Ease of use, variety of choice on devices

Cons: I wish there were more inventory features available

Moret P.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/07

"Not Conducive for restaurant"

Comments: Not pleased with the system. Looking into other companies with better ratings. Hopefully will have a better outcome.

Pros: compact size, and for the most part it's ease of use

Cons: Constant glitches and malfunctions. I have had numerous tickets submitted with ncr customer care in teh 6 months of us using this software. Not efficient/reliable for our small cafe.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/07
Mike M.
financial analyst
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/13

"HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE"

Comments: Horrible company stay far far away

Pros: The sales staff is very well trained at making their system & staff seem competent. While the reality is you are basically on your own with a mob of indifferent outsourced support reps who could care less about their jobs.

Cons: Reports are broken, support is unavailable 99% of the time, estimated call back times for messages from our experience were 3-7 days for a standard issue, their staff asks you for extensive notes when creating issue tickets yet somehow other support members will call back with no idea what the problem is beyond the basic description. No chain of command so when a lazy support rep hangs up on you after being on hold for 30 min you cant even submit a complaint.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/13
Cj B.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"System Hasn't Evolved In Several Years"

Comments: Customer service has gotten worse over the last few years and most reps really don't have solutions to anything that isn't basic.

Pros: Very intuitive to use and everything is cloud based.

Cons: The overall system hasn't evolved in 2+ years since we started using it. It's not compatible with Shopify nor is it friendly to any outside developers. There is not a transfer function between stores and the overall reporting is just basic.

General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/30

"NCR Silver review"

Comments: I do like some of NCR Silver's features, but it's a pricey software and some features are a bit of a hassle to figure out.

Pros: NCR Silver has a clean interface, and using it is quite intuitive. Its features save me time and effort and I didn't encounter many problems.

Cons: I've had issues with the printing of receipts. I wasn't able to print double receipts (one for me, one for the customer) or adjust fonts and font sizes on the receipts.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/30
Keita S.
FC support
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/28

"Lots of glitches, not trained customer support"

Comments: There are way too many glitches that make us waste so much time every time.
A lot of times the ticket numbers go missing. Not even shown in the back office.
Contacting the customer support, they don't have an attitude, neither do they have a clue or solution to the problem.
They say no one else is having THAT problem, but I doubt it.

Pros: Easy to use.
Can get a good datum in the back office.

Cons: Poor customer support. Poor engineering.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/28
Joe O.
  • Reviewed on 2016/02/08

"Awful!!!"

Comments: this system has many flaws it needs lots of work to be able to work for our business

• Reviewed on 2016/02/08
Wendy W.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/18

"NCR Silver meets our multi store needs"

Pros: This cloud based system met the majority of our needs when I began searching for a new POS system when our retail store was adding a second location. I was looking for a system that could be accessed remotely, share information between the locations and could grow as our store grows. The 24/7 Customer Service is reliable and accessible. Most times, a single phone call is all it takes to resolve a problem.

Cons: The biggest drawback was discovered shortly after we began installation. We were told during the sales pitch that our system of alpha numeric sku numbers would easily transfer to NCR silver. The use of the bar code scanners and ticketing system would be simple process. This was not the case. We have to manually key in the alpha numeric sku numbers which is much more time consuming the scanning.
Four years later, we have of course adapted.