About EngageBay

EngageBay is a simple, affordable all-in-one marketing, sales and service CRM software to acquire, engage, nurture, close leads.

Learn more about EngageBay

Pros:

I love using a multiform that can manage all of my data and daily functions in the one place without having to sync and integrate multiple platforms using third party service providers.

Cons:

NO SMS Function However I have been told this is coming soon.

EngageBay ratings

EngageBay has an overall rating of 4,6 out 5 stars based on 200 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used EngageBay before?

Hafizah S.
Hafizah S.
Assistant Manager Business Development in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1 001-5 000 Employees

Everything under one roof

5 9 months ago

Pros:

EngageBay cover all of any business needs, from task managing to customer support platform. I mainly use it to collaborate on task and project. It comes with good communication hub that let us to have a quick and swift connection between us to discuss on the task and project.

Cons:

As this software is packed full with features, it can be quite confusing to use it for the first time, and to choose the correct tool that i need to running the project objective that i has planned. The manual guide is not too detail and not very helpful for me.

April W.
Sales and Marketing Director in UK

Brilliant all-in-one package

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Connected sales and marketing platform has resolved manual intensive activity scheduling. No need to import a new list each month into a separate email marketing platform. Being able to have contacts in multiple list and sophisticated tagging is brilliant. The guys at EB are really helpful with speedy responses, providing video and screengrabs to help. The best experience i had was when i recommended that there should be a report on the dashboard for forms, a couple of weeks later i had an email from EB letting me know that they'd developed the report and added this to the dashboard - couldn't ask for a better service.

Pros:

A complete package for connected sales and marketing and data and reporting in one place. Previously had a separate CRM system from email marketing platform and as such no integration and ability to see what marketing had gone out to what contact and their response to that, all activities and follow ups were all manually scheduled this has been resolved with EB. Customer service and support is fast and efficient too.

Cons:

Had an issue at first setting up the smtp integration with the correct configuration as we wanted to send mailers using our own email servers, took some backward and forwards between technical teams but was resolved in the end. Being able to email from multiple email addresses is great but I also would love it if we could have multiple email signatures attached to a single user too.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub, ActiveCampaign and Keap

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: it offered all of the functionality at an affordable price. The only one that would've done everything EB does was hubspot however because we had multiple domains for each of our product this meant hubspot required us to pay for x 2 marketing and sales hubs which wasn't the way we wanted to use the platform nor within our budget.

Olivia H.
Founder in Germany
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

Wonderful customer service

3 last month New

Pros:

The customer service is very good whenever there is a problem you can write in the chat and you will be helped.

Cons:

Some features are missing when you work with any software because there is never a 100% fit of your needs otherwise there wouldn't be so many different offers. But engagebay is helping us with CRM wonderfully. The system could look a little more modern but its just a small thing.

Alternatives Considered: Vtiger CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: We were convinced by the demo-appointment

Parminder S.
Director in India
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Customer Support

4 3 months ago

Comments: We are able to manage our customers and prospects well. With automations and workflows we are able to set up drip campaign which keep lead warmer and help in conversions.
Email handling is very good, we are able to do email campaigns
We are also using ticketing tool for customer support.
Chat widget is good and used in our multiple sites.
Loved pop up and messages displayed on my different sites , intelligent control through engage bay. If two step pop up capturing phone number with country code and email is given would really solve our business problem and improve our whatsapp integration

Pros:

Found a very good customer support. My couple of issues were resolved realy fast appreciate same. Easy to use tool, workflows and automations are easy to set up and very useful

Cons:

Additional email purchase is very very expensive. Would love this tool and blindly recommend to all of my community if additional email purchase can be reduced. One additional functionality which can be very useful for business can be scheduling a batch job to run workflow or automation on specific date and time or with specific frequency like daily or weekly. In forms phone number field need to be improved - country code should be captured correctly associated with main phone number

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit and ClickFunnels

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: More functions and features - single crm tool with most features

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Click funnels is very expensive - but landing pages are awesome will switch to click funnel for landing pages once I have budget Convertkit is very good for email marketing - but engagebay offers full crm solution which both product does not have. Engage bay email functionality is very expensive so will look for integration with convertkit in near future.

Jasmine D.
manager in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

engagebay erview GYM and HEALTH

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: so far my experience with engagebay has been excellent.

Pros:

it is very close to what I am used to, the support has been incredibly helpful. It was super easy to set up pretty much plug and play and you are away. I am only 2 weeks into using this app but so far I'm really happy with it.

Cons:

The text messaging in automation has been problematic during the set up phase but the support has been excellent and have helped me with it. Hopefully in the future once I get used to using the platform i can set up the automations with the messages working straight away.

Levi B.
CEO in Israel
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

A real rivel to HubSpot

5 2 months ago New

Comments: The customer service has been amazing and we have had very little problem getting started using Enagagbay after spending a year with Hubspot.

Pros:

Engagebay has everything one needs from a CRM and then some. We previously used Hubspot and in terms of functionality, there is not much difference between the two. But in terms of value for money Engagebay is so much better. In addition, customer support is really second to none. I have never had an issue that they were unable to solve almost immediately. The sales pipeline system works perfectly as does the contact management.

Cons:

In terms of cons the only aspect I would suggest is that at time the UX is not as intuitive as one would like,e However, the customer support and the value for money make up for any deficiency in this area.

Marcin R.
Marketing and Promotions Specialist in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

First Time User

5 2 months ago New

Comments: This is my first time using EngageBay and my first CRM program, and I love it. I tried to use another program as well, as a free trail, but I instantly liked EngageBay a lot more. The layout and ease of use is so much better in Engagebay.

Pros:

I love how EngageBay has everything in one program. You can add contacts, which could be potential new users for new services. You can create email templates which are very neat and easy to do. You can track emails sent out and see which contacts opened them. Etc.

Cons:

One thing that can be integrated is adding a calendar view straight onto the email templates, so that people can click on a day and time and schedule appointments. (Instead of taking to a different page)

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub and Commence

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: The ease of use and layout of EngageBay were one of the main reasons I chose Engagebay over other products.

Myriam D.
Myriam D.
CEO in Spain
Real Estate, Self Employed

Powerful Marketing Tools

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I will recommend Engagebay to anyone looking for a great CRM and marketing tool! At EngageBay you get value for money.

Pros:

I signed up for EngageBay because of their CRM features. The features like contact tracking, tasks, lists, web analytics, email marketing and automation. Managing all marketing in 1 place is great. I really appreciated the helpful, clear customer support via chat.

Cons:

As a real estate expert it is very important to me to also link CRM to an MLS system, unfortunately this is not possible (for now).

Steve P.
Owner in Canada

Great value and support!

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Very helpful and responsive!

Pros:

Feature rich yet easy to use. When I run into a question the live chat feature has been excellent. Less expensive than other systems I have tried with fewer limitations. Integrates and sync's with Stripe / Gmail nicely.

Cons:

Nothing yet I do not like or could say I like least. So far completely satisfied.

Pierpaolo V.
Pierpaolo V.
CEO in Italy

I've tried it, but now it's our official automation platform...

4 2 years ago

Comments: I have tried other platforms, also spending a lot of money on assestment (hubspot, sharpspring, active campaign, etc...). Some of them have too high prices, others don't seem to listen to the request for new features, still others the support is slow to respond. In all the cases I tried something was missing: for EngageBay nothing is missing and the costs are very affordable (it also includes a free version to let my customers try the product).

Pros:

Quick and easy to use. All very easy. It has everything we need (integration, mail automation, sales automation, lead generation, Android and Ios apps, support ticket e chat for visitors, etc...).

Cons:

It is not possible to program post social (at the moment you can only monitor your profiles, although technical support has assured me that it is in their roadmap). Maybe the pricing model needs to be improved by including web analytics per user in the basic version and offering a monthly block of "no branded" emails.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub, ActiveCampaign and SharpSpring from Constant Contact

Switched From: SharpSpring from Constant Contact

2 years ago

Thanks for the review and feedback Pierpaolo Villano.

Sian M.
Director in UK
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

Sophisticated Software

5 2 years ago

Comments: We run a number of businesses and use Engagebay for some of our clients. If you need to sort contacts, pick them out based on certain factors and send individual or broadcast emails and/or put them through a pipeline, this is for you. You know you need Engagebay when you're trying to organise your contacts by tags and have so many you're going mad.

Pros:

How you can really drill down into sorting contacts. It's almost like have a spreadsheet to organise different contacts. We use it for sending individual booking emails alongside broadcast emails. We searched for ages for software that could combine a sophisticated CRM/contact management system alongside email and newsletters - this is the best on the market. The other thing we love is the customer response - there's a chat service and usually someone is on there within minutes of a request and they stick with you until it's fixed. Best on the market - and certainly at this price.

Cons:

The training manuals could be improved - that said, they are always happy and prompt to help - but some of my queries could are general and could have been covered in a manual/video.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Lack of features

Switched From: Sendinblue

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Features mainly and then support - they answered questions promptly. I also tried other products before I arrived at Engagebay but although they initially said they could do what I needed, after weeks of frustrating try outs - they didn't - and the support hadn't really listened to what I'd said I needed - Engagebay listened to what I actually needed before I got started and it did what they said.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review Sian.

Cameron N.
Owner in US

Feature-rich without breaking the bank

5 2 years ago

Comments: We love EngageBay and highly recommend it to our clients who want/need a full featured platform that will work across multiple departments, automate regular tasks, and that don't want to pay the high-price and add-on that you have to with many other tools. EngageBay's support team is AMAZING!! Anytime I have a question about something, they are quick to respond, very helpful and knowlegable, just a breath of fresh air to know that I can get a hold of someone when we have issues (which isn't that often, but when we do they are there!).

Pros:

It is amazing to me how feature-rich the platform is at the cost. More features and functionality than some of the 'big guys' for a fraction of the cost. It is easy to use and train clients on the system, so that is ALWAYS a huge plus for us.

Cons:

Learning curve at first just to understand how it works differently from other systems, but that is not necessarily a con of EngageBay because that is the same for every new platform as each has their own little intricacies.

2 years ago

Thanks for the great review Cameron. Your words are super encouraging. We will continue to build great features to help small businesses grow their businesses without breaking the bank on expensive bloated software.

Marcello M.
CEO in Brazil

A Magic wand

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am very satisfied with EngageBay, I see my company as advanced user of EB, when we got stuck with something, they are always ready to listen and enhance the tool to achieve the desided feature and make the tool even better!

Pros:

Easy of use, easy of implement, easy of integrate!

Cons:

Webinar features, landing pages does not support reusable headers and footers, no option to build own templates. Missing Social Software Analytics

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Pipedrive, Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Features, dashboards.

Switched From: Zoho CRM, Pipedrive, Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Flexibility, pricing model, all in one, Sales, Marketing and Support... no need to have lots of tools.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review Marcello. Our landing pages can now support reusable headers and footers. We have developed this feature and it is currently in QA and should go live in a couple of days. We already have the feature to build new landing templates from scratch. You can also code your own ones too. Please check it out and we would glad to help if needed.

Kamran R.
CEO in Pakistan

Its really an alternative to HubSpot and Agile CR<

5 7 months ago

Comments: It has been a great experience and i onboarding is super easy.

Pros:

Well I tried several CRMs which include ZOHO CRM PLUS, AGILE ENTERPRISE, and Hubspot for a while. Most CRMs have same functionalities but when it comes to pricing its way different. Engagebay has everything which Agile, ZOHO, Hubspot has but at a fraction of the cost. When you are running a digital business you probably have thousand of leads or contacts who you want to nurture and with limited contacts you cant do miracles. Engagebay has give me unlimited storage of contacts and i can send 50,000 emails a month without connecting any other email app like sendgrid or mailchimp. Other thing is support, their 24 hours support is awesome and team is also cooperative as well. Therefore, you should try this since it has everything which a high end CRM has but at fraction of the cost. I would highly recommend EngageBay to use.

Hans E.
Business Developer in Vietnam
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 Employees

Our number-one-choice of CRM-systems

5 5 months ago

Comments: Engagebay is incredibly user friendly and offers an incredible amount of functions, with all of them having been implemented very well.
While other CRMs only offer sales functions for a high price, without further marketing campaign management, Engagebay does all that for a low price.

Pros:

- Smart and user-friendly interface - Incredible functionality - Highly cost effective - Instant customer support - Encompassing Marketing and Sales management, all in one - Great storage capacity for contacts, images, etc.

Cons:

Perhaps some optimization of contact management, other than that nothing really.

Alternatives Considered: Capsule, Zoho CRM, Insightly, ActiveCampaign, Pipedrive, Bitrix24 and HubSpot CRM

Switched From: Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Better functionality, fair price, more capacity

Matthew M.
IT in Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

8 Month use Review

4 2 years ago

Comments: Software is overall nice some features are missing and some on the current ones are limited but overall its very easy to use and hope to see where the software goes to into the future

Pros:

The software is nice to use some features are pretty self-explanatory, but there are some features that are missing maybe adding like a module based system where you are able to create and customize modules to your liking, which our previous CRM system was able to do wish there was a function like so.

Cons:

Some features are missing, or are under development but the current ones available are fine for now but as the industry grows your CRM should be able to adapt otherwise it's not good

2 years ago

Thanks for the review Matthew. We look forward to receiving all the customer feedback and making EngageBay the best marketing and sales software for growing companies.

Bernadette M.
Marketing Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Customer Service, Mostly Easy to Use

5 8 months ago

Pros:

It offers lots of features that a small but growing business can access. The support team are incredibly helpful (and quick to respond) if you ever have trouble figuring something out. There are also plenty of free resources such as articles and videos.

Cons:

Yes, there are some features such as the ability to view what list(s) a contact belongs to from their profile in the marketing hub, and the ability to forward tickets to other emails in the service hub. Some tasks require work-arounds to accomplish. The support team gladly take suggestions for improvements though, and the program is always improving.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Salesforce wasn't offering enough with their basic membership. EngageBay offers service, marketing and sales capabilities at a fraction of the cost. EngageBay is much more user-friendly and intuitive.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: More affordable for small business

Angus B.
Director in Australia

A great priced and featured all in one CRM. We moved from Hupspot to EngageBay and love it.

5 9 months ago

Comments: Overall experience is fantastic.
We have not even started the marketing side yet so we are looking forward to that.
If you want an affordable CRM that does just about everything you need at a price that is actually affordable then EngageBay is a great choice.

Pros:

It is fast and simple to use. We live in deals and task most of the time and it gives you all you need. Support is amazing. I have even made product change suggestions and some were implemented in a few days. That is amazing.

Cons:

We wish we could easily change the sort order of the deals when in tablet mode to the order we want (custom order). Sometime we want to just call a selected few clients in a day and it would be nice to just show them or put them at the top of the list. A small con but still a con.

Saurabh M.
Saurabh M.
Marketing Head in India

Outstanding Marketing Automation Platform

5 4 months ago

Comments: Overall, I will recommend Engagebay to all my colleagues in the marketing world. Simply outstanding tool. Its truly all in one marketing tool

Pros:

I love the marketing automation, landing pages, email broadcast feature of the tool. Above all, I love the pricing of the tool. Early-stage startups like us who have no marketing budget, but still want to initiate marketing will love it.

Cons:

List management needs improvement. But, I am confident that they will improve it for sure.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Marketing Automation, ActiveCampaign, Freshsales, Sendinblue, Keap, Mailchimp and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Zoho Campaigns is not good (simply put - its bad marketing tool). So, we looked alternative and switched to Engagebay, which served our needs

Switched From: Zoho Campaigns

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: EngageBay is a cost-effective tool, simply put alternative to super expensive Hubspot

Na R.
mARKETING in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

We're pleased we made the change to EngageBay

5 5 months ago

Comments: Positive experience. We moved from using multiple platforms for email, sales etc to this one. It worked out a lot cheaper doing this, but also we're more streamlined working across the different teams.

Pros:

It has a lot to offer, from using it to manage sales, to social scheduling to sending email campaigns and reporting. It is a one-stop-shop for all your needs. I can also see that they're constantly working to improve it and add more features which is fab. Their customer service via the chat box is great too, you never have to wait for support, there is always someone on hand.

Cons:

There are some aspects that I struggle with a little bit, such as not being able to check the personalization on an email campaign prior to sending it. The social scheduling side has been a little clunky for me too.

Brendan M.
CEO in South Africa

Engagebay CRM

4 6 months ago

Comments: We are using Engagebay for our 3 account managers and 3 pre-sales people to collaborate and track deals. it has streamline the tracking of opportunities and given us a way to centralise documentation so that order processing can be tracked and made very efficient.

Pros:

The ability to create custom fields that suit the unique approach of clients is excellent. The interface is intuitive and a number of sales people have commented that it is very easy to use and update deals. The support is excellent and fast. You get almost instant responses on chat. Also if you make a suggestion, they are quick to incorporate it if it has value.

Cons:

Having more detailed documentation would definitely help. However the almost always available chat and quick responses goes a long way to offset this. I would like to see the ability to be able to standardise dashboards across all users centrally as opposed to having to create them on each users instance.

Leonie H.
Founder in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Great Features for a Great Price Point

4 7 months ago

Comments: As a solopreneur, I am able to run a mid size business very cost effectively and efficiently while being able to keep up the contact and communication with clients and prospects.

Pros:

I like that I can streamline and automate repetitive tasks and processes which saves time and effort. Love the integration with WordPress and the other apps that can be integrated. I use the CRM, Marketing Automation, Workflow Automation, Appointment/Calendar Management.

Cons:

I believe the Landing Page builder is not of the quality that is required and needs some work, particularly around ease of use and responsive design. It works - but could be a lot better I also think the same about the Newsletter design. Would love to have a Quiz feature or more complex form capability.

Mark H.
Chief Strategist in US

Best bang for your buck

5 5 months ago

Comments: It's straightforward to use, and the best thing is with larger functioning software's there needs to be strong support, and they have that well setup. You can easily get in contact with their help desk to quickly have answers to any of your needs.

Pros:

Engagebay has the most comprehensive suite of features for marketing without the associated costs you incur for other tools out there. I first was looking at marketing software that could encompass a lot of the needed aspects to support our and our clients campaigns, and was pleasantly surprised at the breadth of tools available within Engagbay. They cover both marketing and sales as well which created needed synergy.

Cons:

The only thing that comes to mind right now is the automations that can be created sit in silos in marketing or sales... they have different functionality, but I've found myself looking in marketing for a sales automation and vice versa. I understand the need for the separation, but one automation location with a way to filter and separate marketing vs sales would be helpful.

Mirna D.
Marketing Generalist in Netherlands

Good Product , Customer service and Cost

5 6 months ago

Pros:

The platforms has a lot of features (we are mostly using the marketing side of it). Their customer support is quick to respond, open to suggestions and tries implementing fixes and new features asap. Once you get used to using it, building landing pages is smooth and quick.

Cons:

Automating posting on socials (e.g. LinkedIn) didn't work very well for us. Some features could be better documented/explained (e.g. custom fields and connection to forms & filtering, email reporting), so that you don't need to contact their customer service. On the positive side, the customer service is very responsive so most questions get answered quite quickly.

Ayush S.
Ayush S.
Business Development Associate in India

Caters to all our requirements well and helping the team scale with ease.

4 8 months ago

Pros:

Enagagebay covers our Sales and Marketing team from all the directions including Lead Generation, Zapier Integration makes it quick, Customization on Deal Board, Marketing Broadcast Email and Reports. Calendar Sync, Appointment Generation, Marketing Automation and Workflow. Moreover, the support team is proactive and always ready to help with our issues.

Cons:

In terms of the design templates of responsive email, they can add more to make it more intuitive. Currently, they have basics but will be good for marketing teams to include responsive designs in the templates.