15 years helping South African businesses

About EngageBay CRM

EngageBay's Marketing automation software helps small businesses automate marketing & sales tasks to generate leads & close more deals.

Learn more about EngageBay CRM

Pros:

I love using a multiform that can manage all of my data and daily functions in the one place without having to sync and integrate multiple platforms using third party service providers.

Cons:

NO SMS Function However I have been told this is coming soon.

EngageBay CRM ratings

4.5
4.8
4.6
4.7

8.8/10

EngageBay CRM has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 759 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used EngageBay CRM before?

Krishna
Krishna
Performance Marketing in India
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Must have CRM tool for big or small organization.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, this tool is easy to implement and use and thanks to their support team which is avl 24/7 to help us. I used the tool during my internship, then I suggested the same to my current organization and hence, that's how we implemented it and now our whole team is using it and loving it.

Pros:

1. It's collaborative working environment is so easy to implement and adapt. 2. We don't have to worry about losing our data anymore as all the data is now stored on the cloud. 3. Their server never gets down so our team works any time of the day they want. 4. According to the price, this is the best CRM with all the relevant features as compared to the other alternatives in the market.

Cons:

The users might get lost during their initial days of using this due to their vast featuers but their resource modules are so helpful that they helps them to get back on track. Also, their support team was always there to help us when we got lost using the tool or had any doubts.

President in US
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

A dizzying array of tools in a nice, integrated package

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall it's been quite nice. It is an incredibly capable platform with lots of room to grow into.

Pros:

The simplicity of connecting the API, the tracking tools, and the way that it manages to somehow pull together all the complex features needed into a single package and somehow make it appear that it's less complex than it really is. The capabilities here are astounding, but if the more complex things aren't needed, the system remains simple and straightforward.

Cons:

It would be nice to be able to hide the links, tabs, and menus to things that aren't being used and re-add them if we decided to use them later. Also, the social media marketing only covers Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I'd really like to have a much wider selection.

sneha
Email Marketing specialist in India
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

More improvement required

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

To be very honest i have used this service twice only in free trial the functionality is good for sending email and they also provide accurate result but while investigating the email i came to know that they are using mailgun service for sending emails.

Cons:

The service provider they are using earlier it was very useful for bulk email marketing but now a days they are worst cause they do not change the IPs regularly which necessary to compit in the email marketing today and the same thing facing by engage bay, other wise the software is good for sending emails

2 weeks ago

Hi Sneha, Thanks for sharing your feedback. May I know what was the issue you faced with your email campaigns. Based on that, we can get it checked. Thanks, EngageBay Team

Amir
Owner in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Fast ROI with EngageBay

Comments: The overall experience has been very satisfactory. The initial demo and onboarding was highly informative and showed how EngageBay would serve our purpose for a very reasonable cost. The several times I have needed tech support I was able to jump on a chat, explain what I needed help with, and quickly get a resolution to the issue.

Pros:

EngageBay is an extremely easy platform to implement. While there have been a few times we have had their support team help us, for the most part it is highly intuitive. One of the key features we needed was the ability to create email sequences. Having used other CRM platforms, I was pleased with the bulk upload feature. With other platforms, I found I was able to only upload 50 at a time which was time consuming. With EngageBay I was able to upload 500 contacts all at once. With other platforms I have been limited to sending 500 emails per day. After using the email verifier that EngageBay provides for a very nominal cost, we are able to send up to 1000 emails per day.

Cons:

Setting up the email sequences was a bit tricky in places. The first time I went to upload contacts to the email sequence the contacts did not load properly. When I checked to see results the next day, I found that only a few dozen emails had been sent. After contacting tech support, I was able to avoid having this happen again and was able to get all contacts uploaded.

Michelle
Vice President in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Our business has benefitted from using EngageBay

5.0 4 days ago New

Comments: My overall experience with EngageBay is great! I've never had a problem using the software and any time I have a question, the support has been quick and helpful.

Pros:

The best thing about this CRM is the ease of use. I found it easy to learn and continue using.

Cons:

There are some options that could be expanded on such as building web pages, I would benefit from having more options in the design process of the web pages.

Staffan
CEO in Sweden
International Trade & Development, Self Employed

Superb Allinoneplatform

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: so far great support and rather easy to set up, even there are many many features.
Canva integration is missing.

Pros:

all features in one platform. Perfect for soloentrepreneurs need only one system

Cons:

no integration with Canva. This is very needed

Fiddich
Digital Marketing Associate in South Africa
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Value for money

4.0 last month New

Comments: It's a good paltform at the price tag, a lot can be done to make it user friendly and reduce redundancy

Pros:

It is affordable, offers more than competitiors at that price range.

Cons:

not user friendly. Can't design emails for campaigns on the go, can't include existing email campaigns in workflows.

FATIMA
CoFounder in India

Beyond just a CRM

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Satisfactory experience as of now & exploring further.

Pros:

Complete marketing to sales Suite with the optimal prices is one of the check points for companies or startups and the futuristic UI/UX makes it a better option.

Cons:

It is easy to use and don't find any thing least, it seems to be a good option for companies of any size.

Director in UK

Very impressed

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Had one on one communications from both the sales and on boarding teams, very personal approach to their clients, great to be on board!

Pros:

Starting with the free trial and free offering has been an awesome experience. Easy to set up and use, and can already see the value.

Cons:

No cons yet! Can't fault at the moment. Been a great experience.

Ammar
Sales Manager in Hungary
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Very effective and usefull tool

5.0 last month New

Comments: Satisfied, no surprises, simple to use and offer good functionalities and futures.
Good service team by mail or chat.

Pros:

Friendly user system, good value for money, top after sales service. Our SME sales team is functioning better after using this platform.

Cons:

The merge between contact list and companies. Not ideal.

Cameron
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Feature-rich without breaking the bank

Comments: We love EngageBay and highly recommend it to our clients who want/need a full featured platform that will work across multiple departments, automate regular tasks, and that don't want to pay the high-price and add-on that you have to with many other tools. EngageBay's support team is AMAZING!! Anytime I have a question about something, they are quick to respond, very helpful and knowlegable, just a breath of fresh air to know that I can get a hold of someone when we have issues (which isn't that often, but when we do they are there!).

Pros:

It is amazing to me how feature-rich the platform is at the cost. More features and functionality than some of the 'big guys' for a fraction of the cost. It is easy to use and train clients on the system, so that is ALWAYS a huge plus for us.

Cons:

Learning curve at first just to understand how it works differently from other systems, but that is not necessarily a con of EngageBay because that is the same for every new platform as each has their own little intricacies.

4 years ago

Thanks for the great review Cameron. Your words are super encouraging. We will continue to build great features to help small businesses grow their businesses without breaking the bank on expensive bloated software.

Rudi
CEO in Poland
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

Very Very Good All in CRM and Marketing platform and Super Service!

Comments: Until now, I have nothing to complain. It is really great to work with the software and the support desk. Hints on new functionality are taken seriously and you will get feedback if it is integrated or not.

Pros:

The software is fantastic, but even better is the customer service. When integrating CRM, it makes a company very dependent on a platform as it is not easy to migrate to another and it will take weeks to adjust all settings to what you like. But I can say, if this is the direction Engagebay is going (as far as I see now) then I will be on board for many years to come!

Cons:

You have to buy email credits, which I understand in some way, they have also costs to send mails. You have to warm up you mail account. But what Engagebay did very well is integrate mail services from for example Amazon and others. It is some work to set it up, youtube is your friend.

Daniel
President in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Happy Engage Bay User

Comments: Overall it's been great. Just a little bit of a hard start, but as I said, support had been excellent.

Pros:

- Tons of features and functionality- Love the all-in-one nature of the program (CRM, Email Mktg, Calendar Scheduling, Live Chat, and more)- Excellent customer service. Very responsive whenever we need help. That's a huge benefit!- Very up-to-date interface- Continual improvement of product- Willingness to fix things and take feature suggestions seriously

Cons:

There is a learning curve and some of the features were hard for us to figure out at first. We have to make use of their support team more than we would have liked due to difficulty figuring things out and/or inability to find the appropriate support documentation. However, I believe that has improved.

Antonio
Antonio
Founder in Netherlands
Computer Software, Self Employed

Perfect for small businesses

Comments: Pretty satisfied. Good solution at this price (free :-) (I use only the help desk module for now).

Pros:

It's very modular. You can use just the required feature without paying for extra modules. This means that it can be adapted to any business. For example, in my business, I only need the help desk feature for now, which is free, by the way! It's nice to know that I can add the marketing module if one day I decide to do some email marketing automation.

Cons:

I have no complains so far, and I have been using it for 2 years.

Roy
Roy
Developer/Digital Marketing Specialist in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Ever evolving EngageBay CRM

Comments: I know how to use my system so it is awesome. Engagebay is a sophisticated tool. If you don't know how to use it then it will be less helpful. It is like owning a Jet fighter but you do not know how to be a pilot. I know how to pilot it that is why I can direct it to success.

Pros:

It has a lot of features that can be used and each time I check it it's becoming better. 5 years ago when I saw it it has a lot of potential. Now I know it will be growing further

Cons:

Up until now, it does not have a sufficient knowledge base to back up its extensive features. Though it's easy to use. but having a guide will still be helpful

Alexander
CEO in Cyprus
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Love This Software

Comments: Very easy and positive, support is very quick and helpful

Pros:

It has the best value for money. I use all features I need and still pay a relatively low free for that. I was actually searching for such CRM and after trying may CRM's Engage bay has all I need.

Cons:

That I can't integrate messagner chats and have communication inside of the CRM

Malia
Operations in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Great Bang for Buck

Comments: EngageBay has been very helpful in managing our growing volume.

Pros:

EngageBay has a number of features that can be easily deployed once you're past the initial learning curve (like all software).

Cons:

Some features are clunky but the team is always willing to hear feedback. They've implemented several features/upgrades/changes/updates based on chat conversations with them.

Matthew
IT in Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

8 Month use Review

Comments: Software is overall nice some features are missing and some on the current ones are limited but overall its very easy to use and hope to see where the software goes to into the future

Pros:

The software is nice to use some features are pretty self-explanatory, but there are some features that are missing maybe adding like a module based system where you are able to create and customize modules to your liking, which our previous CRM system was able to do wish there was a function like so.

Cons:

Some features are missing, or are under development but the current ones available are fine for now but as the industry grows your CRM should be able to adapt otherwise it's not good

4 years ago

Thanks for the review Matthew. We look forward to receiving all the customer feedback and making EngageBay the best marketing and sales software for growing companies.

Malintha
Malintha
Operation Manager in Sri Lanka

Best CRM for Company can afford

Pros:

All-in-one platform: EngageBay CRM combines CRM, marketing automation, and customer support in a single platform. This integration allows businesses to have a holistic view of their customer interactions and streamline their processes.Ease of use: Users have found EngageBay CRM to be intuitive and user-friendly. The platform provides a clean and organized interface, making it easy to navigate and access various features without much training or technical expertise.Automation capabilities: EngageBay CRM offers powerful automation features, allowing businesses to automate repetitive tasks, workflows, and follow-ups. This automation helps save time and improves efficiency in managing customer relationships.Marketing tools: EngageBay CRM includes marketing automation features such as email marketing, lead generation, landing page creation, and social media management. These tools enable businesses to create targeted marketing campaigns and engage with their audience effectively.Affordable pricing: EngageBay CRM has been praised for its affordable pricing plans, especially for small and medium-sized businesses. The platform offers different pricing tiers to cater to various business needs and budgets.

Cons:

Customization limitations: Some users have mentioned that EngageBay CRM could benefit from more advanced customization options. While the platform offers a good range of features, some users have expressed the desire for greater flexibility in tailoring the CRM to their specific business processes.Integration options: Although EngageBay CRM integrates with popular third-party applications such as Gmail, Outlook, and Stripe, some users have noted that they would like to see expanded integration options with other tools and platforms they use in their business operations.Reporting and analytics: While EngageBay CRM provides basic reporting and analytics features, some users have expressed the need for more advanced reporting capabilities. They have mentioned that additional customization and visualization options could enhance their ability to derive actionable insights from their data.Learning curve: Although EngageBay CRM is generally considered user-friendly, a few users have mentioned that there can be a slight learning curve when first getting acquainted with the platform and its features. However, with some exploration and practice, users have found it easy to navigate and utilize effectively.

Randy
owner in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Engage Bay CRM is a tool worth considering

Comments: Overall it is a great product. I would definitely recommend it.

Pros:

It does everything i need in a CRM and sales tool. it has definitely helped me become more efficient. Best thing about Engage Bay is their support. Chat support is live and picks up almost immediately. they always resolve the issue, you are never rushed. they will even give you a call if text is getting tedious. It seems nowadays everyone's support is non existent so their outstanding support makes it stand out

Cons:

its a little difficult setting up /navigating at times, however if you reach out to support, they will get you going in the right direction. once it learn it its simple. and the interface can be a little slow at times, however has never been a real issue.

Erlan
Digital Marketing Strategist in Indonesia

Engagebay is awesome

Comments: I think engagebay was best all in one marketing tools with friendly budget

Pros:

EngageBay help me doing all-in-one marketing, sales, and support CRM in one software. I love The UI and UX its simple but powerfull and eazy to use

Cons:

its prepect, but has a lower limit in workflow automation

Shannon
CEO/Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The Best All-in-One Budget Friendly CRM Out There!

Comments: Overall, the tool has served our needs. Anytime I need to get help with something I don't understand or feel isn't working properly I can almost always get customer service help immediately through chat. They are always helpful and polite.

Pros:

After having used several other CRM tools (Infusionsoft, HubSpot, and Insightly) investing in EngageBay was a no brainer to me. Why? It offers all of the "things" that most businesses need such as a robust CRM, Sales Pipeline, Email Automation, Calendar Tool, Email Marketing and MORE. I was paying so much more for all of these features with the other companies and wasn't using everything. It was a massive investment that just did not make sense. EngageBay makes sense.

Cons:

There are a couple things that I enjoyed having access to in Hubspot that EngageBay does not do well, yet. Having the ability to customize my proposals would be a game changer. Currently, it's very limited in how you can pull this off in the proposals feature. I would also appreciate a more customizable calendar feature.

Onur Kutlu
Cofounder and CEO in Türkiye
Import & Export, 11–50 Employees

Very intuitive, complete email marketing tool with a perfect support

Comments: So far so good. It's value for money. Very intuitive, complete tool with perfect support.

Pros:

We use EngageBay for Email Marketing only. For the last 3 years, we have been using Mailchimp and Mailerlite. And we run very extensive, very well-segmented email campaigns. EngageBay is a very easy-to-use tool. Very intuitive. It has all the features you can expect from an email marketing tool. And they have the BEST EVER support I have seen. Super fast, always available.

Cons:

There are some basic functions missing, like searching and filtering campaigns. But once we share these requests, the team puts those requests into their product roadmap.

Preston
General Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Good product, Fantastic Support

Comments: We started with marketing automation and adopted CRM over time.

Pros:

Robust feature set. Fair pricing. No artificial limit of custom fields. Zapier integration

Cons:

Happy so far. The setup is intuitive and similar to other CRM-like tools we've used.

Hafizah
Hafizah
Assistant Manager Business Development in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Everything under one roof

Pros:

EngageBay cover all of any business needs, from task managing to customer support platform. I mainly use it to collaborate on task and project. It comes with good communication hub that let us to have a quick and swift connection between us to discuss on the task and project.

Cons:

As this software is packed full with features, it can be quite confusing to use it for the first time, and to choose the correct tool that i need to running the project objective that i has planned. The manual guide is not too detail and not very helpful for me.