15 years helping South African businesses

Microsoft Excel Reviews

4,8 (18 871) Write a Review!

About Microsoft Excel

Data analysis solution that helps businesses manage spreadsheets, create graphs/charts, perform calculations, share projects, and more.

Learn more about Microsoft Excel

Pros:

It's versatile functionality and data handling is best in class. It's online help and a huge user community makes it easy to learn and collaborate.

Cons:

1 year later, I found out I had to pay year after year. I was very disappointed that I had been deceived.

Microsoft Excel ratings

Microsoft Excel has an overall rating of 4,8 out 5 stars based on 18 871 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Excel before?

Filter reviews (18 871)

Camila
Camila
Administrador in Brazil
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Excel provides a great deal of functionality for its users.

5,0 last month New

Comments: Simple, intuitive and extremely flexible, a spreadsheet, if used well, can solve a lot of problems.

Pros:

It's easy to implement, flexible and free

Cons:

If I have a very large volume of data being processed in a spreadsheet, it tends to get slower and slower.

Accounting, 1 001–5 000 Employees

Microsoft Excel - Spreadsheet software for formatting and analysis

5,0 2 months ago New

Comments: I appreciate utilizing and becoming familiar with Excel. There are several ways of utilizing it and making it personal for your work. It is extremely practical for data management and is extremely easy to use all functions and features.

Pros:

It is so flexible to use. Rather than using Adding machine, I can undoubtedly see what I'm computing. It encompasses all of my finance framework and it is involved in my weekly computations. Ascertaining utilizing fields from different pages is excellent and effortless to use. Any work concerning bookkeeping, organization, and computations can be feasible by using Microsoft Excel.

Cons:

Firstly, it doesn't come free with your PC. Therefore, you would likely need to purchase it, and it may be somewhat costly for some individuals. However, you may pay it monthly, which can be more sufficient and affordable for those who aren't willing to pay the full yearly cost upfront. While LibreOffice may be a more ideal choice for a PC, Microsoft office 365 offers other services that are easier to work with, especially for users who aren't as knowledgeable about computers or technology as a whole. However, Google Docs/Excel is free and also very easy to use. Although other platforms offer similar services, Office 365 (Excel) is an ideal choice for personal work.

Nathan
Nathan
Senior Software Engineer in US
Law Practice, 5 001–10 000 Employees

Well, it's an option

3,0 5 years ago

Comments: A tolerant level of frustration, like accepting your parents or siblings because they're your only family, but they irritate you to no end. It's there and it's all you got because Google cloud apps are blocked by your law firm.

Pros:

The pros are thin on this software. I'll list them by number. 1. The software is over 20 years old and has been refined and recreated numerous times over that period. 2. It makes creating lists very easy when copying and pasting information from tables on web forms. It intuitively pastes tables by column and row quite accurately 99% of the time and enables you to take one column as a list and paste it anywhere else. This utility reduces the tedium of quickly conveying information to co-workers considerably. 3. The ability to import data by comma or tab delimited text files is also exceedingly powerful in reducing time spent listing or reporting on specific items in a format that is not conducive to pasting into a table, or perhaps powershell script derived data outputted to a comma delimited text file. As a computer engineer, this takes hours and hours of time and compresses it into minutes. 4. The formulas, while available on Google or other spreadsheets, are also good pros and help with calculating anything you need to do in terms of math from other columns, in my case and in short, capacity and utilization percentages of storage devices on hand.

Cons:

What I like least are the frustrating things, and while few, these really irk me and stand out as a problem, especially in creating reports for people using the formulas, math and functions that spreadsheets are best known for. Case in point: The ability to copy and paste just the function into another spreadsheet that is open. It simply does not work unless you tab out of the existing cell and this is because, annoyingly, separate files, completely separate Excel spreadsheets, all act as if they're part of the same file. If I have one spreadsheet xlsx file open and a separate one open where I'm copying and pasting pertinent data from one to the other, it acts as if I'm in the same spreadsheet and the behavior is inexplicably wonky and unusable. I just want to copy the formula plain text as is into the cell of another spreadsheet because I want to use that same math for data related to other irrelevant items. Google Sheets does not do this at all. Maybe this was something Accountants wanted for some crazy reason that I'll never encounter as an engineer. But this is obnoxious and makes me scream at the computer often. The other con is that I do not like the non-intuitive UI and clunky way to simply save files. It pushes One Drive, and pushes it hard like non stop telemarketing calls. Also, I just prefer the old way to save files. Call me old fashioned but it was simple. I don't need the whole screen to change when cling the file tab.

Marco
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

We Use Excel to Store Customer Emails

5,0 last month New

Comments: Like I mentioned - the sales team gathers emails of potential customers when we are at Shows, and when we return from the shows, we will take the emails and enter them into an Excel spreadsheet. It keeps things orderly.

Pros:

Our sales team gathers emails of potential customers when we are at Shows, when we return from the shows, we typically will take the emails and enter them into an Excel spreadsheet. It keeps things clean, and it’s easy to use. Reliable.

Cons:

We don’t have many issues with excel. It’s pretty straightforward both how it is used and how we need to use it. Works well.

Sheen
Product Manager in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Best tool for productivity & spreadsheets

5,0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Since the product has been in the market for decades now, it has become advanced to capture all the needs of a user. It is by far the most frequently used tool in any organization. I like the possibility of easily transforming data into graphs and being able to use multiple formulas. There are some unique formulas too, such as the GoogleTranslate formula that quickly converts text into the desired language.

Cons:

Sometimes it is really hard to filter information if you're dealing with a huge amount of data. For example, if I filter a column by colour, then I cannot use data validation on top of the existing filter.

Khatse
Technologist in South Africa
Computer & Network Security, 201–500 Employees

The very best of Microsoft Excel

5,0 last month New

Pros:

Microsft Excel has been a pivotal tool in my line of work for over ten years. I have been using the software for all my administration and design of systems using the calculation functions. I was able to design a shallow foundation base using the software and transferring the information to CAD software. The most fantastic part about Microsoft Excel software is its ability to process large data and auto-generate visualization graphs.

Cons:

Microsft Excel has a lot of functions which can be very confusing if you do not know how to utilize the functions hence it is important to take training. Microsoft Excel can also take time to reopen if the data is too large.

Cristina
Quality assurance tester in Romania
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

A great software that manages your data with accuracy

5,0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is one of the easiest data editor software to use, it has plenty of functions and tools to analyze, transform data, and perform calculations. It is well organized, in the sense that all the primary features are displayed to be easily accessible.

Cons:

Working with confidential or sensitive data would require some security, something that, Microsoft Excel does not offer. For instance, it is easy for data to be deleted, changed, or stolen in a company setting without knowing who did it.

Rica Tanya
Onwer in Philippines
Food & Beverages, Self Employed

Microsoft Review for a Student and Business Women

5,0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Microsoft Excel is like a reliable assistant that helps us neatly arrange and analyze charts and data's. It's so easy to use, whether you're a small business owner or just someone trying to keep their personal finances in order.

Cons:

Learning all the intricate functions and formulas in Excel can feel like trying to decipher a secret code, making it tough for those who aren't spreadsheet wizards to dive in smoothly.

E-Learning, Self Employed

Microsoft Excel: True Review

4,0 2 months ago

Pros:

I Likes the Microsoft Excel for its effective data organization, robust formulas and functions, powerful charting tools, versatile data analysis features, seamless integration with other Microsoft products, customization options, and the ability to automate tasks.

Cons:

The things that I like least about Microsoft Excel include its steep learning curve, potential compatibility issues across versions or platforms, resource intensiveness with large datasets, limited collaboration features, and challenges related to versioning in collaborative work.

Brendan
Finance assistant in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Excel Review

5,0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Being able to be so flexible with the whole software and customising it to exactly what you need it to do. Extremely important in my finance and payroll role. Cannot live without it

Cons:

Perhaps a section for useful formulas would be nice. However, Google also helps with this

Food & Beverages, 1 001–5 000 Employees

Simply cannot do without, although sometimes you would like to

5,0 3 years ago

Comments: I use excel on a daily basis to process data or make quick analysis from extractions from sql for example. I love the flexibility it offers to ‘work’ with the data

Pros:

Flexibility. Excel has something for every hser. From building simple overviews to massive data tables. From a simple calculation to complex calculations and basic analytics. It amazes me every year how much richer they make the solution in terms of features. The graphics are always improving and the addition of for example more predictive algorithms (although basic) is very nice. But still mostly I use it as a data tool for semi large lists and in-betweens between simple and SQL needs. When it comes to graphical reporting I prefer power BI or any other tool, although with effort, excel can do a lot!

Cons:

Language/country setting of other users that differ from local settings can be a pain sometimes (dot vs comma in decimals or date notations for example) I also think that at some point the normal user can be overwhelmed with the sheer number of functions... and they are not all that easy to understand

Maryorie
Maryorie
Docente in Venezuela
Education Management, 1 001–5 000 Employees

Excel efficient multi-area spreadsheet

5,0 6 years ago

Comments: The Excel is a tool of frequent use, as a teacher it allows me to take a history of attendance, grades, make previous and final notes, it is like a kind of a pre-record, also used it to analyze the behavior of the students in a particular way during the Semester development. As a researcher, he used it to empty the data and put together a base that allows the application of formulas to determine particular statistical aspects such as fashion, coefficients, variances and covariances, estimates, frequencies, intervals, means, medians, chi-square, correlation, others. It also allows to edit tables and graphs for the presentation of data and results. I have also used it to assemble accounting books and make purely financial calculations.

Pros:

It is a very practical spreadsheet that can be used for countless tasks and areas of application such as audits, accounting, finance, mathematics, education, research, among others, which allows to empty data of various types that form a database that can be edit with the use of many formulas from the simplest to the most complex to execute calculations on data that in turn analyzes it to determine particular amounts that give answers to questions, mediating numerical results, graphs, tables, among others. Similarly Excell that the spreadsheet can be customized according to the tastes of who uses it, and according to the end of the information that is expected to meet in order to meet specific needs. It also allows multiple spreadsheets to be handled in a single file, which even gives the tools to connect them together. At the time of printing allows to hide information that is considered not relevant to display, even if the information from a previous spreadsheet is required, it can be copied to another sheet to work on it, leaving the original intact. Another function that is very good that generate database in my case education for student notes, and allows you to create macros to show only a case of particular notes (note of a student) and can even connect with the presentation of student behavior through graphs, without the need to show all the results of the database. .

Cons:

Particularly I do not have to object to the use of this tool, the times that I have presented some flaw is because I have not been configured for Windows installations are done automatically, a situation that has been corrected automatically at the end of the update.

Amy
Associate Director of Development in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

This Product Has Very Useful and Extensive Capabilities

5,0 5 years ago

Comments: Elaborating on my favorite features of Excel, the following more specific functions are of tremendous help to me on a regular and ongoing basis:
-The ability to easily sort lists based on any piece of your data, (for example, sorting by last name, by zip code, but dollar amounts, by dates, etc.) On top of that, you can sort by multiple data at once with one click of a button.
-The formulas you can customize and insert into your workbooks are phenomenal. The program essentially does the math for you saving time and effort once you create and insert a formula. These can be very simple or very complex depending on your specific needs.
-The graphs and charts Excel can create based on data you enter into a workbook are wonderful. Often when I create presentations for our board of directors, particularly when reporting on key data, the graphic element these add is incredibly helpful. There are multiple different types of charts and graphs available, and each of those is entirely able to be customized, from font to colors, to data included, and more. Even better, these can be used outside of Excel once created. They are easily copied and pasted into Word, PowerPoint, etc. to suit your needs as well, which I also do pretty frequently.

Pros:

Microsoft Excel is truly amazing. I have used it for SO many things including the following: -Creating simple lists or databases -Utilizing more complex rules and formulas within my data -Creating a TON of different type of charts and graphs for data analysis and reporting These are definitely my top three favorite features and capabilities, and those that I use most frequently. In addition, everything can be customized to meet your needs and preferences in Excel as well. Fonts can be changed in size/type/color/style, cells can be highlighted, and charts and graphs can be customized in these same ways as well.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about Excel, but I know that its capabilities are far beyond my knowledge and ability. It can seem complicated, but once you learn how to utilize all of its features, it can truly be an asset in so many ways. A personal goal of mine is to get some more training in that area so that I can take advantage of this software's capabilities to the full extent.

Christian
Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Spreadsheets with Power

5,0 5 years ago

Comments: Excel has been my go to for financial statement preparation (as an accountant). I have used it for the accumulation of tax data and preparation of tax forms. At one point, I programmed Excel spreadsheets to do many of its own functions for these very forms. Today, I continue to use Excel as a way to track data for the church I serve. I use it for time tracking, information gathering and formatting, and to track the data I maintain of people and thing in the church.

Pros:

I would consider myself to be a professional Excel user. I have been using Excel for more than 20 years and I cannot see using any other type of spreadsheet software. I started with Lotus (a predecessor of Excel) and have not looked back when Excel became the software to use. I am also one of those people who takes to using new technology relatively quickly. Excel provides so much in the way of capability that there are some aspects of Excel that I am not familiar with, even though I am no longer a daily user. The help function (the question mark in a box) is very user friendly and there are also many help topics that reside within the software. If you are asking a really tough or programming question, there are also online forums for those who would be considered power users. For those who are simply in need of a place to gather information and make some simple calculations, I also would not look any further than Excel. With the Microsoft 365 subscription, you get all of the most recent updates and functionality without the high price of buying the software license each time the software gets an upgrade.

Cons:

The only con would be if you purchase the full license. When you subscribe through Office 365, you get all the latest updates without having to purchase a new license each time. If you are not familiar with spreadsheets, Excel's functions and tool bars can be a bit daunting to look at. But, if you take some time and familiarize yourself with them, they are quite logical in their layout and functions. You can also customize the toolbar to include the functions you need the most. It just takes a little time to do so.

Suzanne
Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Often Underappreciated Beyond Offices

5,0 5 years ago

Comments: Overall, I think the learning curve on Excel makes many people hesitant to try it unless they see it as necessary for their profession. However, the basics of Excel really doesn't have much of a learning curve. The advanced stuff, yes has a learning curve (though not too bad), but the basics are pretty quick and easy to pick up.

Pros:

I use Excel regularly - sometimes for its intended functions like calculations and personal business organization, as well as sometimes just an easy way to keep track of things visually by assigning it different colors and locations. Many of my calculations are quick-and-easy numbers where it's easier to make a quick plot on excel than type everything out on a calculator. Other times I've made very extensive sheets to organize a lot of data and perform calculations for special projects. I find Excel useful for organizing and presenting data. There is a learning curve to understanding how to program it to perform different functions and calculations, but once you've gotten the hang of it then it is pretty easy to set things up to perform live calculations as you adjust your data. More advanced features include getting cells to change color based on the numbers or letters appearing in either that cell or others. Since I'm a very visual person, color coding is very helpful for me. And of course it is easy to convert your data into charts and graphs.

Cons:

When you type a formula incorrectly, excel's error messages aren't always very helpful in understanding what the error is. There is no way to exit out of the cell containing the error without either fixing it or deleting all the text inside and starting over later after you've figured out what you did wrong the first time. Creating graphs and charts isn't always as intuitive as it could be. Sometimes I've had to struggle a bit to get the data I want to appear along the axis I want in the correct intervals. It would also be nice if the chart would automatically adopt whatever color coding I used in the data cells so that I wouldn't have to manually modify the default colors. For some of the more advanced functions, the editor can get very clunky. For instance, I did a sheet once where I had it return a different string of text for whichever number in a range was entered. This quickly became a very unwieldy mass of code in a single cell that was difficult to edit in the small text box and caused some lag in the program. It's also annoying that when using search, I am limited to searching one sheet at a time instead of the whole workbook. I'd like to see more options to customize the location and parameters of my search.

Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Excel-essential for everyone

5,0 4 years ago

Comments: I'm an Excel user since my childhood and it is essential for every profession. I had a long journey with Excel still I didn’t find any better alternative for this spreadsheet software and this is the secret of success for remaining No 1 position. More love for Excel >>>

Pros:

If you are a kid and you are trying to interact with PC for the first time, Excel is first coming for the mind for initial learning. Since my childhood, excel did a lot for me and even I can't imagine a better alternative for this. We can do numerous things for our educational purposes and business purposes apart from some basic real mathematics. The macro function feature of Excel is really awesome and we can customize our final output as per our requirements. It contains all the examples for itself for various equations and this helps a lot when we are very new to any set of functions and these suggestions really save our priceless money. The latest versions of Excel support various file formats and also we can save our outputs as a PDF format for our convents. I'm really impressed with Excel algorithm because it was a cracker for big equations and we can get the results within a second. The mobile version of Excel also doing a pretty decent job for their users and we don’t need transferring cables to access our files within various platforms because the cloud service from office 365 is really cool.

Cons:

The Excel interface remains the same since their first appearance and we need some improvements in their appearance. Their pricing for the Office 365 package is comparatively high when compared to the other similar kind of alternatives. We are missing inbuilt auto-correction tool in excel and I hope this feature will be added soon.

Amy
psychotherapist in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

KEEPS EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE PLACE

5,0 4 years ago

Comments: I use it daily for tracking all of my business transactions, and I love the fact that it quickly adds the columns for me and gives me a quick and accurate total of my profits, it keeps accurate and easy to set up to use especially for someone like me that is not computer savvy at when I first started using it but quickly with customer services' help and taking the free classes offered became a pro in no time.! Absolutely love all aspects of the program and the ease of using it!

Pros:

Keeps all of your data neat and clearly in one place, easy to locate, easy to use, the spreadsheets are great for tracking everything - personnel, clients, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly incomes, etc.; invoices, tracking venue of outstanding balances and denies with a place for explanations and follow up, clients information:name, email addresses, phone and cell #s, etc. for easy access, can store on laptop, flash drive or print out, use daily to add date with ease, customer service and data software personnel easy to reach and mange your issues within minutes, not much the program can't do. I also use it for person use to track Christmas, Birthday and other special Cards I send, I use it for church projects, and all home budgets including home projects. Been a user for over 18 years - love all the updates it has made with great improvements and it is the best software for spreadsheets money can buy. Would never change to another program. Loyal customer for life.

Cons:

Wish the spreadsheet always fit on one page and at times I have difficulty using it with other apps Can't think of anything else.

Osuavareghe
Technical Instructor in Nigeria
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees

Excel for Small, Medium and Large Organizations

5,0 3 years ago

Comments: On the overall, I have more than an excellent experience with Ms Excel. I love it.

Pros:

Ms Excel is a very cheap yet powerful spreadsheet tool for data manipulation and analysis that produce information that can be used for planning, budgeting and forecasting. Its sorting and filtering, charts and graph, data formatting features help to fine tune data manipulation. Programmers can also use the list feature to ensure that only certain values are entered into those formatted cells. The availability of different currencies is an added advantage. Excel can also be interfaced with Ms Word, Access, PowerPoint and even Ms SQL. The benefit of importing plain text files and converting them to cell values by separator text in those files is something else. I was also able to export the data in Excel to an Access database I worked on for a small sales shop. One great thing about Excel is that it can accept data from scanning devices instead typing obscure data, you can simply scan it into the cells. Linear Problem Programming (LPP) and Project Chart Diagramming is possible with Excel. What more can you ask for? Did I fail its data security features. I was able to restrict user access to certain portions of programmed sheet, plus I I can password the entire file to ensure additional security to the file by scrupulous or malicious individuals. I had it setup on a SharePoint for a shop with different terminals to ensure smooth sales by different sales personnel. Though this required some in dept knowledge.

Cons:

What more could I have asked for in Excel that I didn't get? I used Google sheets but still preferred the regular Microsoft Excel.

Tonmoy
freelancer in Bangladesh
Computer Software, Self Employed

Best spreadsheet software "Microsoft Excel"

5,0 3 years ago

Comments: Excel has been wonderful to me in view that I first began out the usage of it as a pupil in center school. Since then, I've slowly began out growing my talents with it - functions, pivot tables, electricity query, macros, VBA - and it has paid off immensely for my career. Though I use different programming languages pretty often, Excel compliments them pretty nicely and understanding that 99% of the corporations use Excel, I recognize that it is a software program really well worth making an investment in.

Pros:

1.Multiple worksheets. 2.Easy to "program" 3.Can hyperlink among worksheets in identical record or different documents. 4.Has respectable graphics, graphs, charts, etc. to reveal your information. 5.Table feature permits you to clear out out information conveniently. 6.Great for calculations. 7.Almost anybody can use Excel. Excel is likewise very beneficial equipment for simple graphs and charting and in case you need to take analytics to a pro-degree then it helps integration with superior analytics equipment inclusive of Power BI. Autosave characteristic and excel subscription as part of Office 365 let you shop your excel documents at the cloud which may be accessed everywhere the use of net connectivity.

Cons:

1.It isn't intended for enhancing huge portions of data. 2.It isn't intended for storing huge portions of data. 3.It isn't a database. 4.It may be hard to show the equation for an extended feature in addition to severa cells that the equation is relating to if the worksheet is huge. 5.It could be very functional, however occasionally you want a database. There isn't anyt any alternatives to have a cloud primarily based totally Excel spreadsheet. If there were, I am quite positive maximum organizations might ditch their cutting-edge software program and stay with Excel. Our commercial enterprise has more than one bodily stores, so being capable of proportion to report among all stores for them to collaborate might be ideal.

Newspapers, 11–50 Employees

Analyze This!

5,0 3 years ago

Comments: Excel is probably the most useful of all the Office products Microsoft offers. I literally use it more than once each and every day and find it useful for almost everything. Even for people that don't have a wealth of data to look at or keep track of, the ability to create anything and sort it to your liking is limitless. I love the product

Pros:

besides the obvious ability to build a spreadsheet to analyze data, I use Excel for many other things. They just release a personal finance product "Money" that gives you the ability to analyze your spending habits, see where you spend and how much, that integrates with your bank accounts and allows you build budgets. You can dial down expense categories as much as you like by adding subcategories...great product for anyone who wants to get a better handle on where and how they spend their money. I am forever building prospect and client lists through Excel and love how I can sort the data any way I wish; who spends the most overall with me, on certain products, etc. It really is limitless.

Cons:

Support could certainly be better. And I understand they need to go through an excess of red tape before implementing anyone's suggestions - regardless of how useful and easy it to implement - but come on! Fortunately, the program gives you the ability to customize things to your needs

Mona
Programmer in US
Information Services, Self Employed

Can't remember what life was like, before Excel

5,0 3 years ago

Comments: In business, I use Excel for so many things - lists of orders, invoicing, purchase orders, tracking information, all kinds of nightly reports that get sent to customers for their use. In my personal life, besides the afore-mentioned medication listings,I use excel for tracking expenses, banking information, investments, calorie counts, purchases I've made, books I've read, gifts I've sent, the list goes on and on. Basically, any data I want to organize goes into a spreadsheet.

Pros:

Once you learn how to use it, and get comfortable with the features, you find a million reason to use it. Most recently I set up spreadsheets for husband's medications. He takes quite a few, and keeping track of the names/dosages/price paid/next refill date, etc., was a burden on him. I did the initial set up for him, taught him a few "tricks" and now he maintains that information himself. He will input the data himself every time he renews the medications, so that he knows what he has, and when the next ones are needed. Also, any extra information about any medication can be added as a comment in the sheet. This is just one way I use Excel in my day-to-day life. Of course, I use it for business reasons as well. But its real "pro" for me, is the way it can easily make sense out of data that could be otherwise unwieldy.

Cons:

My only concerns with Excel have to do with some things that it considers to be "features" that I call annoyances. Like assuming I want long numerical data to be converted to scientific expression. Or assuming I want leading 0's to be dropped. I know Excel is trying to be helpful but there's a lot of data out there that does not conform to how it thinks data should be. As as result, I'm always having to jump through hoops to get my data format preserved. Not such a huge deal except when the data goes out to a customer, and it's wrong. Because a significant 0 was dropped. I know Excel provides work-arounds but those aren't always so convenient when you're reading in comma-separated data, or you're pasting data from a screen, and you can't always "rescue" the data prior to it being converted.

Rida
Rida
Quality Management System Coordinator in Pakistan
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Microsoft Excel - A versatile Software

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: MS Excel is overall a very great tool. I have been using this software for the past six years. It helped throughout my academic period, and I would give main credit to this software as it made my life easier. I would highly recommend this software to the youngster, and I would suggest they watch beginner videos of this software on youtube.

Pros:

Excel has entirely different features, and it eventually substitutes some manual procedures like calculating on excel sheets are much simpler and safer than calculating manually. It helps me in managing my data and keeps my records on a day today. There are a lot of facilities through which I can perform multitasking through this software. I can work on two or multiple sheets at the same time. Functions like SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, MIN, MAX, and many others have played a vital role in saving time and making work more efficient. In short, MS Excel is a versatile software.

Cons:

Excel needs a user with proper knowledge about its features and tools. Initially, I could not make the most use of Excel because of a lack of knowledge about the tools and not being familiar with its features, so the process of doing and completing the task was much more complex and sophisticated for me. So at first, it could be a little difficult for the beginners.

Mowshori
Researcher in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

With Microsoft Excel, I can look at a lot of data at once.

5,0 last year

Comments: Microsoft has made Excel apps that can be put on smartphones so that the user can view, edit, and share Excel files.

Pros:

It lets me work on the web version of MS Excel with my peers or coworkers. This means that I and my peers can access the Excel file from anywhere and change it at the same time. Excel is a great tool for analyzing data because not only can I store our data and do calculations with it, but it also comes with a number of other tools. Powerful tools for filtering, sorting, and searching help me narrow down the factors I need to think about when making decisions. So, I can play with a huge amount of data in an efficient way.

Cons:

If the file is too big, it can slow down the Excel program because the interpreter/compiler has to go through each row and/or column. The easiest way to make sure Excel is time-efficient is to break up the file into smaller files. For a one-time analysis, Microsoft Excel is a great tool. The information doesn't go into the spreadsheet. The user has to type in every single bit by hand.

Ajay
Salesforce Developer in India
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10 000+ Employees

A Flexible and Effective Tool for Pushing the Limits of Information Administration With Ease

4,0 9 months ago

Comments: We as often as possible ought to compare information, and Excel's table work exceeds expectations at showing information sets side by side. Its information sorting and other apparatuses too offer assistance me get a handle on huge sums of information rapidly and precisely. It makes a difference us to keep adjust information and communicate with shoppers more productively. Its ready-made equations are valuable for appearing future measurements from show information, and it is valuable for week by week work status. The spreadsheet file may moreover be shared with associates for participation. The leading include for me is the capacity to include formulae so that information may be composed naturally.

Pros:

Microsoft Exceed Expectations may be a phenomenal device for making a difference in clients procure, record, process, display, and trade information. On the off chance that you have got any inconveniences with this program, basically check it up online; the support user bunches for this program are essentially superb. Ready to indeed spare the complete handle as onlarge scale and have it rehash itself. It spares a critical sum of time. The tables and formulae are straightforward to utilize, and it has the potential to perform a parcel of robotized work in the event that you know how to use the instrument appropriately. Information is ceaselessly put away in Microsoft Exceed expectations with each unused word entered, giving ceaseless information-sparingabilities. I moreover appreciate how information can be connected from one spreadsheet to another.

Cons:

The as it were impediment I can think of is that Exceed expectations employment circular references. The turn usefulness in Exceed expectations isn't energetic and must be revived each time data is updated.It can be troublesome to distinguish which formulae are the leading. On the off chance that the client is utilizing Microsoft Exceed expectations, he must keep up himself up to date.

Anais
Anais
Quality Auditor in Venezuela

Listings, indicators, graphs, data tables and much more gives you excel

5,0 6 years ago

Comments: Microsoft has done an incredible task, not only creating quality software such as Excel, but striving permanently in their updates to make it more and more complete, leaving the competition behind, leaving Excel as a pioneering program in terms of databases are concerned. Excel is the blessing of the evaluators and designers of indicators.

Pros:

Within the functions that I currently perform in my work, summarized in designing and analyzing indicators associated with administrative variables and prevention, Microsoft Excel is irreplaceable software. Excel is an old friend, he has been with me since my beginnings of higher education and now he does it in my work, he is a vital tool for my functions and that is why I summarize his benefits: In the first instance, it is an excellent database manager, which is complemented with multiple tools that simplify the elaboration and analysis of administrative indicators. These factors are necessary to perform a more precise and fast work. The linking of these indicators with different types of graphics summarizes a fascinating analytical and expository work, allowing not only to analyze indicators but to transmit them to my superiors. It also allows me to export this data to other software, diversifying my possibilities of analyzing indicators and their exposure. It has an excellent taskbar, combined with an exquisite presentation, which facilitates the work.

Cons:

Despite its complexity when it comes to familiarize with the software, I have no objection or criticism in relation to it, since everything is usual. When you get used to the software, using it is much easier