• Overall
    4,8 /5

About Trainual

The easiest way to train and grow your team. Get your business out of your brain today with Trainual.

Learn more about Trainual

Maggie D.
Admin Assistant
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/20

"Best Decision we have made this year!"

Comments: Using Trainual we are able to organize the content with have and share it consistently with our associates
at all properties.

Pros: Trainual is simple, user-friendly and fits our business needs perfectly. We are in the process of switching over from training our teams inconsistently to organizing and standardizing our processes with Trainual and we couldn't be more pleased with the product and service.

Cons: We need more "getting started" support - starting with a blank platform is a bit overwhelming.

by Trainual on 2019/06/03

Thanks for the review, Maggie! Our L&D Lead will be happy to help you with onboarding. Just email [email protected] with any questions.?

Zachary H.
Director of Sales
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/24

"Excellent product for building out your companies training program"

Comments: its great we do enjoy using it and its really helped us a lot

Pros: Very easy to use and track progress. Also very easy to add and move subjects and sections from various courses to other courses. in other words easy to build and easy to reorganize when needed as changes in the company occur.

Cons: sometimes difficult in the way things are laid out, wouldnt mind if it were a bit more intuitive on the home screen for reps to navigate through

by Trainual on 2020/11/25

Hi Zachary, thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that the platform has been helpful to your business! We appreciate your feedback about usability and will be sure to note it for our Product Team. Please let us know if you have any other feedback or questions!

Victoria I.
Center Director
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/19

"Easy to Use Training System"

Pros: I like that it gives you a percentage when you complete a course.

Cons: Sometimes it will take some time to load.

by Trainual on 2020/11/23

Hi Victoria, thank you for sharing your Trainual review. We're glad to hear that percentages have been useful! We appreciate your continued support and would love to hear from you should any questions or additional feedback arise.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/19
Sarah H.
Co-Founder, Co-Host
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

"So far so good!"

Comments: Our team has given us really good feedback about Trainual, and it makes a great first impression on new team members.

Pros: It's simple, pretty, and functional. No real complaints.

Cons: There are some nitpicky features and functions that I wish were available or that don't work quite the way I'd want them to. The search functionality gets on my nerves sometimes as it seems to load exactly the search result I'm looking for immediately but then a second later SEVERAL results load and the one I actually want (that's most relevant) jumps further down the list. If you are a speedy clicker and try to click it before the rest of the search results load (like me), it will take you to something completely different as the rest of the results will load right as you click. I do like that it *has* search functionality and when we have had to make wide-sweeping changes it is really nice to be able to hit the enter key and see not just results in whatever category you're in but in every aspect of your company. We have used other comparable software in the past and have never had true search functionality like this before.

by Trainual on 2018/10/19

Thanks so much for the great feedback, Sarah! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team.

Matt L.
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/13

"Game Changing Training"

Comments: Trainual has been the most valuable addition we've made to our franchise network in the past year. I recommend it often.

Pros: The Trainual platform is easy to use and has allowed us to scale our growth that would have been impossible with traditional training systems.

Cons: We need better testing and certification options. The testing isn't robust enough. Users need certifications to show they've achieved a certain level. This is important for motivation. It seems like an easy add that would add a lot of value. We're currently looking for testing and certification solutions from 3rd parties, but Trainual should be able to provide them quite easily.

by Trainual on 2020/06/03

Hey Matt, we're super pleased to hear we've helped you scale and grow your employees! I've actually gone through and added a feature request for certificates based on completion rate. We'll send over an update as soon as this becomes available.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/13
Tonya K.
Director of Customer Experience
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees

"Training made SIMPLE!"

Comments: Overall, trainual has been a lifesaver for me and my team. By using trainual as our training platform we are able to ramp up more new team members at one time and keep our open forums to high-level reviews of the material. This saves my trainers and supervisors hours of hand holding which in turn allows them to focus on their other daily tasks.

Pros: The use and navigation of the Trainual platform is simple and clear. My trainers are easily able to create new subjects within minutes. Also, having the ability to move entire sections from one subject to another makes life so much better. It would never work if we had to copy/paste and delete. We also love the reporting in Trainual. We can monitor our new trainees' progression and identify areas for improvement at a glance.

Cons: I cannot think of anything I don't like about trainual. It would be nice if we could choose our own color scheme to match that of our company.

by Trainual on 2019/05/22

Thanks for the review, Tonya - Glad we were able to simplify your process!

Michael D.
Director, International Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/29

"Does what it needs to."

Comments: Overall it is great and has greatly cut down the time to onboard a new employee.

Pros: I like the simplicity of trainual, especially the dashboard and the email reminders that content has been updated. Building lessons is fairly easy as is creating tasks. Getting my entire company to move over the platform was fairly easy, as was setting up the invites and setting individual user levels. Once training lessons are created, they are easy to update and keep current. I like how you can both link and embed video and really, create any type of layout you want. That is nice and I like having the ability to have certain layouts for certain kind of content. Embedding Loom videos has been a super easy process.

Cons: The only con to Trainual is when it comes to editing the overall structure of training. It can be a bit confusing adding new content from the subject area (but once in the lesson it is super easy). I just think the initial contents could be easier to navigate.

by Trainual on 2020/02/21

Glad we helped you cut down onboarding time, Michael! Thanks for your feedback around our subject editor too -- we're working on a big project to make this a lot easier.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/29
Tony A.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/20

"For a growing company absolutely amazing!"

Comments: Time saver and is allowing us to grow our company and our profits faster.

Pros: Our company is growing at 40-60% a year and we are so busy it is almost impossible to get someone trained to take off the workload and we have added 7 employees in the last 9 months. It has been essential to have to do the training once and then send everyone through it saving my manager a ton of time. It has been easy for us to setup tasks for the new hires to do as well as to have comprehensive tests that really get the new hires engaged.

Cons: It could be easier to install videos and photos.

by Trainual on 2019/05/23

Thanks for the review, Tony! We're working on an in-app video recorder, which should make adding videos a breeze -- Stay tuned!

Michelle M.
Director of Marketing || Wynge Financial
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/11

"User-friendly so you won't pull your hair out"

Comments: I love having everything in one place and organized into "need to know" sections when onboarding (both as a new hire and later, a manager). As a growing start-up, we were constantly adding to the training content, and bringing new superstars into the fold was easy because they're getting a consistent and thorough rundown of our company history, SOPs, and tools we rely on to function. BIG PERK: even as the Founder/top dogs get busier, the flow of information isn't disrupted for new team members. I wish Trainual existed years ago!

Pros: Simple user experience w/ clear navigation for both trainers and trainees, prompt response from Trainual staff if there's an issue, and it takes away the excuse of "I didn't know" as new staff onboards (the admin dashboard with progress reporting is magic!)

Cons: Nothing to note at this point. Any hiccups or new feature suggestions are always acknowledged quickly by the team...which isn't a bad thing at all!

by Trainual on 2018/10/15

Thanks for the review, Michelle! We're so happy to hear Trainual has helped your company train as you grow.

Kirk D.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/03

"will use for every business i open"

Comments: great

Pros: Search feature being able to look up what i ineed when i need it

Cons: the website not loading at times being down and unable to open

by Trainual on 2020/12/15

Hi Kirk, thanks so much for leaving your review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with load time, and it's something we are working on! We're thrilled that Trainual has been impactful to your business and we're always here if you have additional feedback or any questions.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/03
Emily R.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/20

"Trainual cares about their customers!"

Comments: Took a bit to get going, as with any LMS, getting your outline and content in there is the longest part. Then once you get going, keep diving into the features to make your content even better. My overall experience has been really positive.

Pros: Really excited to use the Gusto integration. Trainual makes it easy to share knowledge with people on my team and get new hires up to speed, quickly. The new Google extension and search feature make it convenient for those already on-boarded, to reference a past article. They do a great job of being in communication with their customers regarding feedback and overall great customer service.

Cons: Newer software with some missing features, but the team is working to make them available and are even sharing a roadmap to let us see what features are in the pipeline.

by Trainual on 2019/05/21

Thanks for the review, Emily! Happy that you know about the roadmap, too. ?

Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/20

"Trainual is a life-saver!"

Comments: The business problems we are solving involve capturing internal processes and getting consulting knowledge out of people's heads.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use. We used a much more expensive solution previously and training on the tool was a real problem. It was hard to set up. Trainual is so easy that anyone can use it quickly (even the CEO). When I found the tool, I had one day to prepare my first module to train new consultants. I was ready with the first three hours of training by the next day and completed 15 hours of training a few days after that. It was a life-saver! I like how we can easily capture files, video, audio, processes. It is easy to organize the training as well. Our business is complex and I was desperate to get all the internal knowledge into one centralized database.

Cons: It's a little hard to organize - we have a lot of modules - to support multiple job positions and to find what you need if it is not part of your original training. I want everyone in the company to be able to see what training is available to them.

by Trainual on 2019/05/21

Thanks for the great review -- So happy you found a good fit in Trainual!

Marlene W.
Property Supervisor
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/04

"Property Supervisor"

Comments: It makes it easy to cross train all of our staff. I love it. We use it weekly.

Pros: This product is easy to use. All of our employees are being cross trained and they are all able to easily use it.

Cons: I don't know of any features that are not working well.

by Trainual on 2020/09/17

Hi Marlene! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We love hearing that your team is using our platform on a regular basis and that it's been beneficial for your training efforts! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional feedback or questions.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/04
Rachel A.
Customer Experience Manager
Cosmetics, 11-50 Employees

"Great!"

Pros: We love the ease of Trainual! We use it everyday and LOVE the search function!

Cons: I find it a bit hard to locate everyone's total completion and what they need to finish.

by Trainual on 2020/11/19

Hi Rachel! Thank you so much for leaving such kind words about Trainual. We're sp excited to hear that you're utilizing the search feature and that it's been impactful to your company! Let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us.

Amelia T.
Head of Coach Talent & Culture
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/30

"One of the easiest LMSs I've ever used!"

Comments: Best LMS I've ever worked with, and I've worked with Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas and Northpass. Great job!

Pros: I LOVE how easy the text editor is. I can literally copy and paste content without the code breaking -- this includes content from outside Trainual. For anyone who has ever had to deal with content creation in any LMS, this could literally make or break your sanity. This one small details is part of the reason we switched from our previous LMS to Trainual. Plus, the tutorials are actually helpful! Win all around for me.

Cons: So far, as a new customer, I really have nothing to complain about!

by Trainual on 2019/06/03

Thanks for the fantastic review, Amelia!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/30
Director, Sales and Business Development
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/23

"Very helpful for training, never got fully implemented"

Comments: Trainual is a great platform for setting up training modules. You need to have content to make it work best, and have somebody who leads the implementation. Overall, it was a very positive experience with Trainual.

Pros: Trainual seemed like the perfect fit for training our employees across departments. We only got it half implemented before adopting some other tools, but I loved the start to it. The administration is straight forward and simple. The user interface is easy to learn and intuitive for users.

Cons: The setup required a bit more work than was ideal, not because it was difficult, but due to not always understanding where you were in the setup, what was published/not published, and what certain users had access to.

by Trainual on 2020/09/28

Hi there! Thanks so much for leaving your Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that it's been easy to use, and we definitely understand it can feel like a lift up front. We're glad you gave it a chance and we hope it continues to be impactful to you and organization. Let us know if you have additional feedback or questions!

• Reviewed on 2020/09/23
Sarah K.
Operations Manager
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/25

"Great way to organize internal processes"

Comments: I'm very pleased with it.

Pros: It's a great way to organize internal processes. Trainual is very user friendly and can be easily accessed by computer or mobile. I like that you can give different permissions to various roles.

Cons: The formatting is not consistent (paragraph/line breaks) and copy/paste formats from other documents (Word, Drive) do not persist. Also, some table formats are not visible on mobile (cannot scroll right if rows are long).

by Trainual on 2019/05/30

Thanks for the review, Sarah! We're working on text editor improvements as well - Stay tuned!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/25
Penn M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/20

"Brought Our "Book" onto the Internet"

Comments: As described above, it made digitizing our processes, adding tests to assess competency, and automating the tracking of progress easy.

Pros: We had developed a training manual in written form that covered most of what we wanted to teach our staff. But, there was no tracking mechanism, so it took us to personally check on each staff member's progress and understanding of our processes. Trainual ("Train Y'all") has automated this process. Trainual also has caused us to reread and edit our processes, which we can easily update at any time.

Cons: There's a lot here and it can be overwhelming. Once our president, got comfortable with moving around the software it became very easy to use. It also allowed me to review her postings so we can work together without sitting in the same room and at a more convenient pace.

by Trainual on 2019/05/21

Thanks for the review, Penn! Happy we could help bring your book online. :)

Joanna K.
Team Excellence Liason

"Trainual Features"

Pros: We love that there's a space to provide our organization with the resources and training they need in one place. In addition, these resources are available at all times and can be modified as needed. No need to worry about multiple versions of one training topic.

Cons: The software can be updated to include more flexibility and customization. There are great features that look like they are in the pipeline to be released.

by Trainual on 2019/05/21

Thanks for the review, Joanna!

Mohammad A.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/20

"From Accounting Biz, LLC. Thank you!"

Comments: The more we use Trainual the more we love it! It's been a blessing to get our processes and systems in Trainual and out of our minds which makes scaling a lot easier and faster.

Pros: What we love the most about Trainual is that we are able to scale our company faster and easier with our processes and systems in one place. Hiring just got a lot easier, now we get our business out of our brains and focus.

Cons: I can't think of any cons so far using Trainual.

by Trainual on 2019/05/21

Thanks for the feedback, Mohammad! ?

Sharon W.
Benefits Compliance Specialist
Management Consulting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/16

"Depend on this resource daily."

Comments: Working reference for all of my work assignments. Wouldn't be able to complete these tasks without it.

Pros: Ease of use and quick reference box. The look is simple enough without wasting time finding a specific topic.

Cons: If you have a lot of courses you have to scroll down.

by Trainual on 2020/11/19

Hi Sharon! We're delighted to hear that you like our quick reference feature and that it's been helpful to your work. If there is anything we can assist with moving forward, don't hesitate to reach out!

Megan A.
Clinic Manager
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees

"Trainual take off"

Pros: I like the ability to assign topics and exams and the fact that I am alerted the results and progress of employees.

Cons: I least like some of the set up restrictions

by Trainual on 2020/11/25

Hi Megan, thanks for leaving a review of your Trainual experience. We're happy that assigning subjects has been beneficial to your business! We hope you continue to see that platforms impact. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns for our team!

Kyekyenika T.
Entry Writer
Import & Export, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/24

"Good basic training program"

Pros: I liked the customizable feature of this program. When there was something that we felt was needed to add or edit, it was easily implemented.

Cons: I did not like that I couldn't skip courses. In my role, something I needed to learn out of order but I wasn't able to access them until I completed the others first. This may be a parameter set by my employer. I'm not sure.

Justin S.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/21

"Simple but worth it"

Comments: Overall it has been good. Simple and basic. I like being able to organize or training this way

Pros: Having everything in one place. Love the subject layout and the freedom to customize.

Cons: Design is very basic and simple. Could benefit from a ux/ui audit

by Trainual on 2019/05/24

Thanks for the review, Justin! Feel free to submit any product feedback to trainual.com/ideas - We'd love to hear your UI suggestions! ?

• Reviewed on 2019/05/21