Filter by:

• Overall

About lemlist

Cold email outreach, personalization and sales automation - in one clean place.

Learn more about lemlist

Caleb C.
Caleb C.
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/04

"Lemlist Rocks!"

Comments: Warming up campaigns is definitely one of the biggest wins. I love how you can still use lemwarm even after warming up a campaign to keep your inbox engaged and healthy. The statistics for lemwarm and many others make it very easy to keep your inbox happy and healthy. The dynamic images and pages definitely help break the normal boring messages that most of us have all received at some point. It creates a very personal touch even if it is automated. They amount of templates available straight out of the box, definitely helps someone get started.

Pros: The ease and flow of the UI/UX is absolutely beautiful. Very Dynamic software and very creative with dynamic images and Landing Pages. One of the biggest things that brought me to the platform from using a different service is "Lemwarm" and the ability to automatically warm up your inbox before getting ready to launch a campaign. So many amazing features. There was definitely thought and intention with the entire platform to embody everything needed to launch a "cold" email campaign that doesn't feel so cold.

Cons: Downsides? What downsides? ;) i definitely haven't found anything about the platform or Lemlist, that I don't love!

• Reviewed on 2020/06/04
Joris B.
Director of Marketing & CS
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

"Next level outreach!"

Pros: There are so many outreach tools on the market, yet Lemlist is able to differentiate from all the other offers out there. They have built an amazing outreach product, and continue to deliver new exciting features week after week.

Cons: Sometimes adding the personalisation in pictures isn't the easiest for our team, but once you did it a few times you get the hang out of it.

Edwyn A.
Edwyn A.
Affiliate Marketer
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/29

"Awesome platform for cold emails!"

Comments: I can easily reach out via email to people interested in the products I offer on my site, I love how I can track and analyze the status of my emails the domain for tracking email activity can be customized by your own subdomain so these helps even more to not get flagged as a spammer. Of course, there's always important to not abuse and always respect you contacts desires whenever they won't want you to continue sending them emails to them.

Pros: I'm really loving the new user interface! I particularly love how I can easily change from one section to another via keyboard shortcuts, but I would say that what I love the most of this platform is the email warmer functionality it works great! it helps you to warm up your email address so it doesn't arrive in Spam or Categories section but in the Primary section instead, where users focus their attention, I also love the team, they've always been helpful to me and the support is great!

Cons: Well, I don't really dislike anything, time before there was a non customizable limit of emails to send daily (I believe it was 100) but in the most recent versions I have seen this number can be customized by the user which is something that I really appreciate!

• Reviewed on 2021/01/29
Liz S.
Company Founder
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/01

"decent product, horrible customer service"

Pros: Being able to customize each email is great and has resulted in more responses from cold emails. The tool itself is good and has some nice features - primarily the individual customization

Cons: Their knowledge base is lacking detail and primarily just covers the basics of setting up, so you will likely reach out with questions because something isn't working (they did get back to me with a workaround) or isn't clear (like you need to set up Gmail alias but not how they work with the tool - they've since added some detail after my aksing), however, they were extremely rude when I responded that it would have been great if the explaination had been included in the initial article - it now does. Because I didn't set something up completely correct initially (because of the initial lacking detail) I've since had a question about manually removing people from a sequence, they won't respond, I've asked THREE different times, and am running out of time before the next email in the sequence is to be sent, but as I said their customer service is rude and doesn't respond.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/01
Digital Marketing Manager
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/16

"Great tool for Email Outreach"

Comments: I have used dozens of CRMs and email service providers but none are quite as easy and useful for cold email outreach with as many personalization tools. We were struggling with scaling cold email outreach and increases engagement. Lemlist made it possible to quickly create personalized images and messages then upload contact list into email sequences.

Pros: Lemlist has the best and easiest to use personalization tools of any email software I have used. It's extremely easy to created personalized images and creative in your emails that boost engagement.

Cons: It's relatively new so it's not really large enough to be a stand-alone email service provider like Mail Chimp or the like

• Reviewed on 2019/05/16
Ricardo C.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/30

"Great online SAAS to help with my email outreach and prospecting"

Comments: It does exactly what I need it to in making campaigns while prospecting and allowing me to track everything.

Pros: I like how simple and easy it is to use and understand. I have picked it up fast and begun making many campaigns sending emails while it tracks everything and even gives me a history log on what happened such as when the specific recipient opened the email etc. The image templates are good as well as you can send images with the recipient's name in and mass send them while Lemlist changes the name on each of the images. Great customer support should you need them answered any questions I had quickly.

Cons: To be fair there is not really any Cons as it does what it says on the tin and more and is reliable and does everything I need it to do. If I had to be super picky I would say it just needs some borders around the sections to better separate the sections inside lemlist but this is not a big deal as once I'm using it I barely notice.

Chris R.
Chris R.
Head of Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/17

"LemList - Making Cold Mail Outreach Fun"

Comments: Overall, we had a great experience with LemList, albeit that for some inexplicable reason, our deliverability stats were lower using the same messaging and prospect targeting as we do with some of the other platforms we are using.

Pros: Lemlist has a lot going for it as far as an Email Outreach platform is concerned. As far as outreach automation platforms are concerned, they are one of the better ones out there and some of the features such as reporting are better than their competitors, Woodpecker.co and Reply.io One of the most outstanding features that LemList has that we have not found in any other platform is the use of Liquid Syntax. Liquid Syntax allows you to build multiple version of an outgoing message by adding snippets that express what you are saying in slightly different ways. The Liquid Syntax then randomizes those snippets for each outgoing message, thus creating a new variant of the message so that no two outreach prospects receive the same message. In a world where spam filters eagerly search for copy-cat messaging, this is a game changer.

Cons: We did find some of the features of the software a little gimmicky. The use of emojis and stuff is a bit "juvenile" and we didn't really see any benefit in using these emoji in our messaging sequences.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/17
Account Executive
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/28

"Perfect tool for sales!"

Pros: I love the simplicity of the product. It's very useful and get a lot of response thanks to lemlist.

Cons: I don't really really like the interface of the design we could have a better user interface and more tools.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/28
Jim H.
Jim H.
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/05

"Great product that keeps getting better"

Comments: Great support, great and ever expanding feature set.

Pros: The founders post a lot of great content on how to use the software in your business for best results. I feel like they really understand the user's side of this and how we run our business. They have been continuously developing this for years and it keeps getting better.

Cons: Honestly, so far I have found it very easy to use as a small business owner.

Reynald S.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

"Great outreach tool"

Pros: personnalization is dope, integration with many other tools like CRM

Cons: pricing is a bit expensive especially if you're working as a team

Ale. R.
Editor
Newspapers, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/10

"cold email with a warm touch!"

Comments: Lemlist is a really cool app for getting new clients with cold email. Is a really nice way to avoid spam people with generic emails and try to get a personal relationship thanks to custom emails. I love the set and forget with automation!

Pros: Lemlist is an really nice alternative for classic cold email tool like mailshake Very nice suite with automated features like followups, sequeance, and schedule I like the lemlist because
- trully personalization emails with custom variables
- you can add images personalization for make the email more funny and worm
- you can automate all the process with followups, sequeance, etc
- you can schedule the emails
- zapier integration
- UI is cool!
If you dont have a clue about cold email they save all the pain, and you can do it easily I love they add emails templates. That really help!

Cons: I would like Lemlist add more images templates. I would suggest the pricing should be more competitive because there is so many tools at the same price (like mailshake)

Dahiyah Y.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/13

"Great for my dessert business"

Pros: Great outreach software for my dessert business. Have been using it to get some commercial clients on a recurring revenue

Cons: Starting up the software can be daunting for non technical staff. Had to learn and got someone to each us.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/13
Cyrus M.
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/27

"Poor customer service, UI clunky and unintuitive"

Comments: Coming from a small business, lemlist was good for initially warming up my email domain, however, I would not recommend them due to an overall clunky UI and just very poor customer service. The fee for their basic version is now $49/person, not $29. Poor customer service - However, I've had several experiences with the customer service that were not ideal. The support reps I messaged took several hours to respond to me (10+ for some responses) and were never able to resolve issues, they only confirmed to me that they do have them. I decreased the number of subscriptions from my team and they refused to refund me for the unused subscription, which was a huge red flag to me. Email tracking - Their email tracking is inaccurate and counts your own clicks as an "open." Editing emails - There is no way to review your drafted emails after you queue them, even if you want to go back in to make an edit, nor can you even look at the email after queuing it. Poor UI - A lot of the features are clunky and have to be figured out on your own. I had to make a separate email address to experiment and figure out how the sending works, and I've had experiences where I fill in a variable field for a template and the sent email never fills in the blank space.

Pros: The lemwarm feature warms up email domain

Cons: Poor customer service
Poor and inaccurate email tracking

• Reviewed on 2021/04/27
Ryan M.

"Great"

Pros: It's a great new piece of software, great for start ups and other businesses! Definitely buy!!!!!!!!

Cons: Little bit clunky and the design is very basic, probably should spruce things up abit to make it a more premium service

Jp B.
Jp B.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/27

"Awesome tool, adding features fast but UX could be improved"

Pros: - The price I had it for is perfect (AppSumo deal)
- Easy to add people to a sequence, so it's easy for you to add say 10 people per day on a list that will get your emails
- The image personalization is a great twist
- Email templates included

Cons: The UX is not so great. It really feels like developers built it without using it a ton. You need to create emails, then list before creating a sequence (also called a campaign in other tools). It would be great to be able to create everything in one go. They have some email templates, but no template for sequences (aka campaign), that would be a massive addition. Overall, it's really great, just misses a little bit of polish but they're super early, and they've shipped a bunch of features in the first few days I used them...so I'm highly confident they'll improve all this.

Adrian G.
Freelancer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/10

"Has all the features you need to start your cold outreach campaign"

Comments: I use it almost every day to cold email prospects. Launching the campaign is really simple and I can check out the results any time I want.

Pros: I like that it's really simple to use and yet it's really powerful. Tracking opens and clicks, reports, notifications. And of course custom images - that's the USP of Lemlist.

Cons: I had a bug where the contact I deleted from the list hasn't been deleted from actual campaign and received a follow up. From what I know, it is fixed now.

Joshua J.
Joshua J.
Digital Marketing Manager, SEO Manager - OWNER
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/27

"Cool Tool For Cold Email"

Comments: As an entry level cold-email engagement app, this is value filled. Had I paid the sticker price or the price of the competitor I'd say it's an expensive meme generator. As it is, it's a great email outreach tool with a really cool feature. To be honest, saying anything remotely critical is tough b/c the support has been 100X better than other mailing programs I've used.

Pros: The "meme" generator option is nifty. You can create a auto-responder esque campaign with multiple emails that contains a custom meme for each person. For the price you really can't go wrong with it, but it feels like a 1-trick tool that you break out for a special occasion vs something you'd run your business with.

Cons: It's missing features or the UI to explain that these features exist. Currently you have to upload your list via csv. There doesn't seem to be a way yet to enter email address manually .

Steven J.
Steven J.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/10

"The ease of use and time that this platform saves pays for itself from day one!"

Pros: Incredibly easy to set up. Templates available from the very start, and extremely flexible options to personalise every email you send. Configure, schedule, sit back, and watch the responses come pouring in!

Cons: Sign-up and email accounts is limited to Google Accounts, but with aliases that's not a big obstacle. Should be easier than that, as setting up aliases took a few days because Google didn't recognise the domain.

David L.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/05

"Spice Up Your Outreach With Personalized Image"

Pros: - This is the only outreach tool that allows you to personalized your image. By doing so, you stand out compare to your other competitors. You can grab the attention of your target!
- pretty easy to navigate thru the dashboard.
- you can use your own SMTP as sending domain.
- ability to automate follow up emails.

Cons: Too bad that there isn't much direct integration and most connection with other apps has to be done thru Zapier. Duh!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/05
Cody P.
Cody P.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/27

"I love Lemlist. It's something I'm currently using every day."

Pros: Lemlist has very well put together features such as the ability to schedule campaigns and remove leads from campaigns once users have responded to an email. This way, they're not harassed with continuous automation once they're interested in your product or service.

Cons: I think there could be more features that integrate lead list rating/grading based on opens/responses.

Pierre L.
Pierre L.
Head of Growth
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/05

"Great software for acquisition managers"

Pros: The scenario and the use is very fluid, very easy to use and to configure.

Cons: Maybe a little bit more UX friendly interface when it comes to analytics, more details and more integrations. (But zapier is fine too..)

Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/08

"Lemlist review"

Pros: idea bank for emails is amazing! Lemwarm is also a new feature I am trying but sounds and looks great

Cons: The learning curve is a bit rough, not as intuitive to get started

• Reviewed on 2020/06/08
Arthur M.
Arthur M.
Marketing Executive
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/31

"I used reply.io before, now i use lemlist"

Comments: A lot of answer from my potential clients

Pros: Very easy to use. I was working on reply.io before now it's impossible anymore to shift.
A must have for every sales team who need to do cold emailing. The thing i like the most is obviously that we can insert meme inside

Cons: There is some user experience points to improve but i'm sure they will do soon.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/31
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/30

"Helped me to increase my business"

Comments: Better open rates and engagement.

Pros: The ability to customize my emails and make them stand out from the crowd has increased my engagement and click through rate by 72%. My customers have even commented about the unique emails.

Cons: Haven't found anything that I don't like so far. I wish I had found it sooner since it's having such a positive impact on my marketing/

Deputy CFO
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/14

"Lemlist has allow me to run full blown personalized email campaigns by using my Gmail account."

Comments: I can set up and automate the sending of personalized email campaigns through my Gmail account.

Pros: What I like most about lemlist is the ability to run personalized email campaigns by using my gmail address.

Cons: There is no way to keep Google from resending emails that are undeliverable - every time an email is resent means I can send one less email to a good email address.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/14