• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,8 /5

About airfocus

The most powerful way to prioritize and build more effective roadmaps. Deeply integrates w/ Jira, Trello, Asana, and Azure DevOps.

Learn more about airfocus

Lino R.
MD
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/08

"review of airfocus"

Pros: It really helps with product strategy in a collaborative/remote setup. Love being able to create roadmap dependencies with drag n drop. Defending decisions and prioritizing your backlog is smooth. Being able to score features and pushing them to Trello is a major bonus.

Cons: I'm being picky here, but their iPhone app could improve.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/08
Dee S.
Head of Product
Environmental Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/28

"An exceptional decision making tool"

Comments: Decision making is super complex in our organizations. Airfocus makes it easier to align to our strategic priorities. I can see this being used as a feature level for releases too. An excellent platform for cross party alignment.

Pros: There are many roadmapping tools out there. I've tried them all. However none allowed me to prioritize with ease and display important initiatives in a visual & decisive manner such as Airfocus. The options to customize & visualize priorities are world class!

Cons: Perhaps the timeline view can become more visually appealing. It lacks some of the UI features that other tools may have.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/28
Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/02

"Good tool"

Pros: I like it very customizable, so I can choose a template that I need and adjust it. I used a project management roadmap template, really like the way it's set up with tasks list, kanban board and timeline, 3 key views I need.
Overall I like kanban board the most because it's quite clear for the team to know what's done, and what's in progress.

Cons: It's relatively quite expensive comparing to other tools.
I'm using it for project management with several workstreams and departments, so not that interested in the prioritization, because things are planned beforehand. But seems that feature has to be there and can't get rid of the scoring when I don't need it. And also I can't trace history version or activities, so if someone did something wrong in my team, we need to manually fix it.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/02
Senior Product Designer
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/23

"Airfocus brought much-needed objectivity in how we prioritize our projects"

Pros: Airfocus is magic, because it allowed my growth team to not work on the latest, shiniest idea. It allowed me to get my team to think more objectively about what projects will actually make the most impact.

Cons: I think onboarding could be a lot easier so I don't have to spend much time walking folks through how to use it.

Brian M.

"Get started quickly!"

Comments: Positive. Our biggest pain point is communicating vision, roadmap, and product releases. Airfocus allows us to do this at a strategic-level while tapping into our team-level kanban boards, where attention meets intention. The product is intuitive and augmented by inline customer support. You really feel there is a dedicated team behind you, and the post-sales support call furthers this sentiment.

Pros: The Timeline and Scoring features make prioritization, which most companies/teams can struggle with, easy to do. It's also nice to have bi-direction sync to everyday third-party products (trello/jira).

Cons: I'd like to see the pricing model change to allow for unlimited contributors. The value of this product is inclusion. That said, I'm looking forward to the public portal feature (Q3).

Bruno M.
Head of Product
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees

"Only use the timline"

Pros: The timeline view. It is easy and quick to update and share with stakeholders. We don't use any other functionality of Airfocus.

Cons: Pricing, currently we share a single user with all product owners.

Kenneth B.
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/30

"1 month in review"

Comments: Pretty happy, AirFocus helped us reduce the time we have to invest in planning and grooming our roadmap. We're still deploying workspaces for Marketing and IT Operations, so will challenge the overall experience we had in creating the workspace for Product.

Pros: How easy it was to integrate to Jira and Trello and other existing tools.
The priority poker feature to simplify scoring and prioritization.
And the timeline management section.

Cons: Can't have an item with two integrations (i.e. a Jira ticket and a Trello card)
JQL queries don't work exactly as JIRA's.
Most templates change in the values used for scoring, but not in suggesting structures or organizations.
Can't filter or search by colors.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/30
Kultida yee T.
Founding Member/ Digital Strategist
Internet
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/20

"Awesome tool for marketing planning"

Pros: airfocus is by far one of the most sophisticated prioritization solutions I've tried that is still easy to use. I also really like that you can share and discuss the projects with a remote team.

Cons: It'd be nice to have an undo button. So far I've not felt the need to use it, but I think it can be a useful feature to have.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/20
Brendan H.
VP Engineering & Digital Product
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/12

"Necessary for all modern product teams"

Pros: As the person who runs product and engineering at our organization, there are requests coming in from every department for features, updates, and new products/pages. Being able to build a prioritization framework that the entire org is bought into that I can share with everyone has been invaluable. The entire team can now see our roadmap and why we're working on certain things. We built a google form to ingest requests, which creates an asana and airfocus task. We then enter their scores for impact, and our scores for effort and other teams can clearly see where their projects fall on the prioritization list. It's made conversations about bandwidth so much easier and made our teams work more transparent.

Cons: Currently, there is no way to have multiple frameworks inside a single project. It's also a bit expensive on a per-user basis.

by airfocus on 2019/04/18

Thanks for the inspiring feedback. Love the Form/Asana/airfocus workflow.

We're soon gonna launch master roadmaps. This will hopefully help you.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/12
Christoph B.
Product manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/22

"Great tool for prioritizing projects, ideas and product features. A must have for decision-makers!"

Pros: Easy set up, you're good to go within minutes. Also love the Jira and Trello sync!
Very helpful is the set of provided templates to get started.
Visualization alternatives (chart, board and timeline view) are great.
Great overall user experience and easy to use.

Cons: I don't totally agree with the differentiation between user groups in terms of features: why shouldn't a single user need Jira and Trello integration?

• Reviewed on 2018/03/22
Process Engineering Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/11

"Airfocus review"

Pros: It is the easiest way to have a prioritization system that can be customized.

Cons: Lack of basic standard software features.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/11
Guillem S.
Partner
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/23

"Really good product for remote teams"

Comments: We are using it to manage the development of our internal technology platform. It works really well to create a backlog of feature requests and ideas that we want to implement. We then prioritize them collaboratively and introduce them into our roadmap.

Pros: Very useful for remote teams. The collaboration features are very useful.
Very intuitive and easy to set up.
UX/UI is very good.
I really like the timeline view

Cons: One feature that is still missing: Public roadmaps with the option to upvote and downvote features

Stephen L.
Automotive, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/18

"Overall, great tool. They've been responsive and helpful."

Pros: Easy of use. The prioritization tool is awesome. The interface is very intuitive. I really like seeing the roadmap with the score on it.

Cons: The chat support is sometimes not very quick to respond. There are a couple features that would make this product even better, like the ability to role multiple items up to a larger item.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/18
Guillermo L.
CPO
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/16

"Good product but still need work on it"

Comments: Is simple, and also very powerful to share information compared with other tools as product board or Asana (really close tools). Very interesting the possibility to prioritize using ICE framework.

Pros: The Priorization possibilities, the Asana integration and the Iframes possibilities to let to stakeholder to track.

Cons: Manual synchronization. Not Asana Due date synchronization , finished task in Asana are not considered. I think that Asana synchronization in general is a big advantage but you should still work on it to obtain maximum information from Asana tasks.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/16
Managing Founder
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"Just perfect!"

Comments: Better decision more quickly.

Pros: Easy to use! Easy to implement! Simply a great way to make better decisions quickly! We use it all the time.

Cons: Jira integeration is a little tideous and lacks full integattion. We espeically would like to map epics and story points. Betterment is under development!

• Reviewed on 2018/07/10
Manoj N.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/16

"The Best Prioritisation Tool for your Business Decision"

Comments: I am looking for similar tools (cheaper or free) for last 3 months, have done many google searches but not been able to find the same. Let me know if you find one :)

Pros: I have been trying various road map prioritisation tool, but airfocus stands out as clutter free decision making and visualisation tool. If your pain point is decision making this is the tool. If you need stuff like sprints, try Hygger or ora.

Cons: Pricing is steep for a freelancer like me, thought the support gave me a discount, but I couldn't keep up and had to cancel subscription.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/16
Mike M.
Product Owner
Automotive, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/23

"Easy to Use but Missed Some Simple Features"

Comments: Overall while sometimes frustrating the tool meets the simple needs for what I require.

Pros: Very easy to use and customize to tell the appropriate story

Cons: There are some simple misses, what seems like very simple feature development and items that should be considered as part of an MVP (minimally viable product) should have been deployed by now.

Martin H.
SE
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/20

"Smart tables"

Pros: Easy to use
Visual way how to transform sheets to database-like tables

Cons: Price and limited or blocked features after trial :-)

• Reviewed on 2019/09/20
Mafalda M.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/01

"Beautifully designed and perfect for sharing with stakeholders"

Comments: I'm very satisfied with airfocus - It helps a lot with being able to share my thought process and prioritization efforts and help align the team around the priorities.

Pros: The UI is very slick and easy to use. It's very visual and creates very impactful roadmaps. I love that I'm able to share with stakeholders and the team in a format that is not a spreadsheet or a static presentation. The clubhouse integration has been very helpful.

Cons: The one thing that I feel it could be improved is importing external data from a file (for example CSV) - I found it was not very intuitive to be on integrations as it's technically an upload, not an integration. Most of all I feel it would be helpful to be able to create bulk items more easily.

Sheena C.
Boss
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/31

"Prioritize"

Pros: I always have a lot of things to do and they all seem important. This causes a lot of anxiety. With this app it can help me prioritize what tasks will give me the best results and it helps me communicate the importance to my team.

Cons: That it isn't free always. It's so useful but I don't always have tyre funds to pay.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/31
Yoann D.
UI Designer
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/23

"Such a complete product"

Pros: The design is really user-friendly. Even if there are lots of features and information, we can easily find what we're looking for. I also really appreciated the chart view (which is my preferred feature) and the priority poker.

Cons: I cannot manage to find a notification system, as we have the ability to comment and interact with people. Moreover, it would be great to have more dependencies options between tasks. Currently we just have the choice between "This item blocks..." and "This item is blocked by...". Could be cool to have dependencies like "Duplicates...", "Caused by...", "Fixes..." etc. Finally, I think that the scoring set-up is a little bit complex, because too complete. According to me, there are too many options. And the ability to set up the importance and weight of every notation would only be a powerful point if properly configured (which can be complicated at a first glance).

Hanna K.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"Best roadmapping software"

Comments: Helps to visualize our goals

Pros: Quick roadmap creation and clear interface

Cons: Freemium unavailable. That's sad but I wouldn't switch to some other service.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/22
Eskil S.
IT Architect
Higher Education, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/01

"Efficient roadmaps with powerful views"

Pros: Single input view which is easy to use, multiple views to analyze and make decisions. The easy to read views make it ready to keep stakeholders informed.

Cons: The webpages can be power consuming from time to time.

CMO
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/23

"Align your teams around the roadmap"

Pros: Being able to share links with live views of the roadmap, timeline, task list is great. Being able to score features and functions on different, bespoke criteria, means that only the features that are going to move the needle make their way into development.

Cons: Being able to bulk score, i.e. these 10 features all score an 8 would be useful, currently you have to score each on individually.

Kelsey P.
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/10

"Review of airfocus"

Comments: I use airfocus to strategize and prioritize both daily tasks and long term goals. It's a fabulous tool.

Pros: Airfocus helps me prioritize both my daily tasks and my long term projects & goals. It's easy to customize based on the impacts to my particular business and industry. Before airfocus, I did routine strategizing (especially for daily tasks) in my head...I'm shocked to the extent airfocus' algorithm actually mirrors my intuition (ie airfocus always correctly sorts) but now I don't have to think about every little detail. This saves me a ton of time and mental focus.

Cons: Too expensive and need a better iphone app

• Reviewed on 2020/07/10