• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,8 /5

About airfocus

The most powerful way to prioritize and build more effective roadmaps. Deeply integrates w/ Jira, Trello, Asana, and Azure DevOps.

Learn more about airfocus

Showing 25 reviews of 93

Yohnathan C.
Senior Product Manager
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/14

"Gets the job done"

Pros: It is easy and straight forward to use. It will allow you to quickly create a board or roadmap without too many clicks.

Cons: When is time to jump into details or dependencies, splitting task and follow all the details in the same board/roadmap it gets complicated.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/14
Rémi B.
Product team manager
Banking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/11

"Good product to involve multiple stakeholders"

Comments: I am very happy for having selected that product, which changed completely the prioritization approach in my company.
I work with 20 countries (international product) and I was looking for a nice & intuitive tool that would help me collect the business value input from all of them.
I can very easily build the "Roadmap" using the priority score calculated in the system, which makes it transparent to everyone.

Pros: - Priority poker are easy to use and very powerful to make people involved in the priorization process
- Item mngt is intuitive (with a very nice filtering capability, thanks for that!)
- talking with the support team is easy and productive
- new features are released frequently improving the overall experience

Cons: - Paying a full "contributor" fee for inviting my local product users to organize one priority poker every 3 months is expensive...

Rishi C.
Head of Digital
Retail, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/24

"Fantastic, simple and clear tool to see the wood from the tree's in our complex roadmaps"

Pros: On boarding of an existing list of items is very easy, the custom tags allow you to group features/items so that when deciding on next set of improvements and functions, you can achieve economies of scale. The swim lane style structure really helps us visualise where we are, what we have prioritised, and what we have completed allowing easy to create presentations for stakeholders when communicating roadmaps and progress.

Cons: I'm not sure the feature voting function is something we will use, and it would be great to have a MoSCoW feature. The user roles and permissions also need evolving, change history would be extremely handy and a function to allow you to create unique ticket ID's would be fantastic, but these are improvements more then dislikes.

Simon A.
SVP Engineering
Utilities, 11-50 Employees

"New User"

Comments: Very satisfied and I will be taking on an editor subscription in order to keep using this product.

Pros: The software attachs well with Trello and gives the needed outputs that Trello does not provide alone, turning one data input into many useful visuals for use in managing tasks and projects while briefing at many levels.

Cons: Takes a while to get to grips with set ups for functionality, not as intuitive as I would like but then as I learn to adapt in my inputs this will be less of an issue.

Florian M.
Head of Ecommerce
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/09

"Good and easy Tool for Product Prioritization"

Pros: * the good UI, easy to understand and use
* the possibility to configure the and weight the different parameters that are relevant for prioritization

Cons: * features like the chart tool are not configurable
* minor UI bugs, especially on smaller screensizes (not scrolling possible, relevant information not in viewport)

• Reviewed on 2019/09/09
Louis S.
Head of Client Relations
Internet
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"airfocus has really helped us prioritise and make the right product decisions in the last few months"

Pros: One of my favorite things about airfocus was the setup process the wizard really guided me through it and I was able to easily setup the software the way I wanted to.
The bubble charts are a big help when it comes to discussing prioritization in-between teams when everyone has a different focus.

Cons: When I share a roadmap with a link, I would like to be able to set filters for the receiving persons view of the roadmap.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/19
Martin L.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/12

"Trial period"

Comments: I had been using a similar, proprietary tool in my previous work in a consulting and system integration company. Therefore using the tool was very straightforward and easy.
I like the different view, which give you different angles of what one is planning.
Unfortunately I could only spend little time using the tool, so I could not evaluate if the tool would be strong enough for my day to day job.

Pros: - chart view
- customer support
- integration with Trello

Cons: - price
- tasks created in airfocus need to be added manually to Trello
- features with similar scores overlap in chart view and become impossible to read

• Reviewed on 2019/09/12
Ben F.
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

"Has some good features"

Comments: Overall it has some great features, but is a bit limiting with permissions and pricing.

Pros: The Gantt Chart is good, and a functionality that trello doesn't have. The 'Prioritisation Poker' feature was also good for feature prioritisation, and I liked the visual matrix of feature priorities by value and cost.

Cons: The Kanban board doesn't really do anything that trello doesn't do. I also didn't like how limited the features were unless you bought more licences, which is harder for a startup like us. The situation it left us with was using a trello kanban functionality as unless we paid more, people other than myself were view only. This was clunky because you had to manually push each change.

Wera S.
Head of Controlling Health Insurance
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/22

"Intuitive and surprisingly strong strategy platform"

Pros: Airfocus is an incredibly useful tool when it comes to scoring and planning of high level projects. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The set-up of my first scoring-document took me about 10 minutes.

Cons: So far, I haven't experienced any issues using airfocus. I hope they implement the CSV-Import feature soon.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/22
Eric B.
VP Development
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/11

"Airfocus has helped us improve our focus!"

Comments: We've been very happy with AirFocus and especially their support. The team has always been willing to answer any questions and point us in the right direction for any conundrums we encountered.

Pros: Airfocus is a clean, clear and concise way for us to prioritize our feature requests and backlog. It has helped to create more visibility within the organization on what the team is working on and have more direct say in what they want to have implemented.

Cons: We had a few issues initially with fitting our process into the software and had hoped for one or two more customizations around ranking, but overall that didn't negatively affect our experience.

Maryna N.
SMM Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/23

"Must-have tool for product teams"

Comments: Helps to visualize our goals

Pros: I like that our product teams has all data in one tool. Import from Jira is done with a few clicks.

Cons: Setting up the Jira itegration for the first time is a bit tricky. You need Jira admin status for that.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/23
Chris S.
VP of Client Services
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/02

"Great Roadmap Tool"

Comments: Pleasant

Pros: Very easy to use and move tasks around seamlessly.

Cons: Not that I have encountered yet but I will Airfocus know.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/02
James D.
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/25

"Great app"

Pros: - It's very easy to start using with the templates.
- Does it's one thing (prioritisation) well without having to have a full blown project management solution
- Integrations are a good start
- Customer support is fantastic

Cons: - Can be clunky to use at times (that is getting better)
- Would like to be able to automate status/colour/groupings based on actions
- Two way links to Jira would be great

• Reviewed on 2019/09/25
Christian R.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/14

"Simple and powerful scoring tool"

Pros: The simplicity of the UI/UX and the adaptability of the product is what really makes airfocus great. It can be used to prioritize anything really. We use it mostly for the prioritization of Epics for our development team.

Cons: The only suggestion I would have is to add a function - similar to planning poker in Jira - where all team members can score different ideas and the tool would use the average value.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/14
Marine L.
head of support
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/06

"Great tool when you don't have the luxury of a team dedicates to product development"

Pros: Airfocus helped us prioritizing our feature requests by building scoring board. What allowed us introducing efficiently new features during product meetings. Also, it helped us understanding what features would be quick wins to implement. It gave us a structure, interesting tool if you don't have a Product Manager in your company.

Cons: Nothing really, the onboarding tour makes it easy to use it.

CPO
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/24

"Perfect for remote times"

Pros: It was easy to set up and configure, and it helped make the rest of the team feel engaged in the prioritization work particularly when everyone is working remotely.

Cons: There were some limitations and issues with the Jira integration that cause duplicated cards to be created when doing a new import of cards into an existing board. I probably missed some steps in the mapping that caused this issue.

Mario P.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/22

"The very best tool to score you best ideas and projects"

Comments: We are evaluating the business opportunities. We are scoring them according to different criteria to see which ones we should tackle first.

Pros: Flexibility on how you can define your evaluation criteria, you can share the evaluation matrix with others so they can all evaluate on the same criteria.

Cons: Really the only thing we desliked was the price range. For us to use it as a team it is to high. It really depends on what use you wanna give it. If you need it weekly, then the price tag can make sense.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/22
Paula O.
Vice President
Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/08

"Agile Product Management Review"

Comments: Ability to determine value of features based on ROI

Pros: Prioritization capabilities were superior!

Cons: Reporting capabilities were lack luste and need some improvements.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/08
Perry V.
Maint. Mgr
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

"Overall good product"

Comments: Overall a good product

Pros: Functionality is good and is easy to use.

Cons: Under the trial there are several limitations that make its use difficult

Yoann D.
UI Designer
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/23

"Such a complete product"

Pros: The design is really user-friendly. Even if there are lots of features and information, we can easily find what we're looking for. I also really appreciated the chart view (which is my preferred feature) and the priority poker.

Cons: I cannot manage to find a notification system, as we have the ability to comment and interact with people. Moreover, it would be great to have more dependencies options between tasks. Currently we just have the choice between "This item blocks..." and "This item is blocked by...". Could be cool to have dependencies like "Duplicates...", "Caused by...", "Fixes..." etc. Finally, I think that the scoring set-up is a little bit complex, because too complete. According to me, there are too many options. And the ability to set up the importance and weight of every notation would only be a powerful point if properly configured (which can be complicated at a first glance).

Hanna K.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"Best roadmapping software"

Comments: Helps to visualize our goals

Pros: Quick roadmap creation and clear interface

Cons: Freemium unavailable. That's sad but I wouldn't switch to some other service.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/22
Eskil S.
IT Architect
Higher Education, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/01

"Efficient roadmaps with powerful views"

Pros: Single input view which is easy to use, multiple views to analyze and make decisions. The easy to read views make it ready to keep stakeholders informed.

Cons: The webpages can be power consuming from time to time.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/01
CMO
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/23

"Align your teams around the roadmap"

Pros: Being able to share links with live views of the roadmap, timeline, task list is great. Being able to score features and functions on different, bespoke criteria, means that only the features that are going to move the needle make their way into development.

Cons: Being able to bulk score, i.e. these 10 features all score an 8 would be useful, currently you have to score each on individually.

Kelsey P.
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/10

"Review of airfocus"

Comments: I use airfocus to strategize and prioritize both daily tasks and long term goals. It's a fabulous tool.

Pros: Airfocus helps me prioritize both my daily tasks and my long term projects & goals. It's easy to customize based on the impacts to my particular business and industry. Before airfocus, I did routine strategizing (especially for daily tasks) in my head...I'm shocked to the extent airfocus' algorithm actually mirrors my intuition (ie airfocus always correctly sorts) but now I don't have to think about every little detail. This saves me a ton of time and mental focus.

Cons: Too expensive and need a better iphone app

• Reviewed on 2020/07/10
Daniil K.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/20

"Best decision by far"

Comments: Definitely recommend especially if you in search of something, that drives you within the project goals.

Pros: We use Jira, Trello, and Zapier. It was so easy to integrate these tools and as result it took off some work and made daily stuff easier.

Cons: I really had not faced issues using the tool as well as my team members.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/20