• Overall

About airfocus

The most powerful way to prioritize and build more effective roadmaps. Deeply integrates w/ Jira, Trello, Asana, and Azure DevOps.

Learn more about airfocus

Cameron C.
Project Coordinator
Information Technology & Services, 10 001+ Employees

"Airfocus Review"

Comments: Airfocus is helping our team organize our project activities into Sprints in the Kanban board as well as giving us a high-level overview in the Gantt Roadmap. The Priority Chart is a cool feature which is allowing us to evaluate projects based on voting/ranking. Overall our experience with Airfocus was been very positive.

Pros: The first thing my team and I liked most about this software is that it covers all the bases for project management: Gantt roadmap, Kanban board and the Priority Chart. The second thing we liked most was how easy it was to use and how it effortlessly integrated into Trello. The customization was the icing on the cake; it allows you to create custom weights for your items and then graphs those items in the Priority Chart which gives a nice high-level overview of your activities in terms of priority. My team was very impressed with this functionality. Finally, the customer service has been outstanding. Representative, their head of marketing & sales has promptly responded to every question and even took a call on short notice to help us address a couple of hiccups which their dev team quickly resolved.

Cons: At the moment Airfocus does not have a dependency feature, which would be great for the Gantt roadmap. Having a visual dependency link between items would make Airfocus and one-stop-shop for all things project management. However, representative has told me that this functionality should be available very soon. One other potential con is, depending on the size of your business, the cost of the editor license. It´s not cheap but for the scale and duration of my team´s projects, it certainly has been worth it so far.

Serge R.
Innovation & Plattformen
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/11

"Fresh breeze for prioritization"

Comments: Using air.focus mainly for keeping users and stakeholders in touch with our Software development process. Its chart view and timeline are easy to read and interpretate. Screenshots from air.focus can be used for quaterly presentations in Front of the stakeholders on the management level.

Pros: can be used as a power-up for Trello,
good seamless integration with Trello,
synchronization works well between the two,
motivates users of our software products to contribute and clarify their requests for features,
high learning curve for editors (Team internal) and contributers (external),
clear message with regard to the commitment point (which features will be implemented by the Team)

Cons: adding a criteria leads to losing scoring for all items,
value axis of a criteria cannot be scaled after its definition

Aviad K.
CPO
Medical Devices, 13-50 Employees

"Makes its work "

Pros: Help us to prioritize our feathers
Clear the road map plan
Improve our collaborating skills

Cons: Integration to Asana should work better, the overall work plan should be synchronized in two ways

by airfocus on 2019/10/09

Hi there,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Our Asana integration is actually 2-way-sync. Would be great to learn where you experienced problems.

Best, Malte

Rob H.
Sr. Director, Product Management
Internet, 201-500 Employees

"Roadmaps Reimagined "

Comments: I loved how quickly they responded to my set-up (team-related questions) issues. They have well-deserved confidence in their product and they were happy to let me share the product (for a limited amount of time) with other co-workers to get company buy-in for the purchase.

Pros: A the kids say, It is intuitive asf. It required almost little to no time to familiarize myself with the feature set and how to make use of them which is rare in a new piece of software.

Cons: Well I understand the reasons why, it is not all that easy to share/collaborate with teams outside of your product group.

Jennifer W.
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/07

"airfocus review"

Comments: I think rep was very helpful, which made the whole trial experience much nicer for us.

Pros: It's easy to use, which makes it great for when you need to onboard new team members - the other tools were too complicated to use for what we needed at the moment
The Board view is exactly what we needed for our roadmap
The timeline feature is also very useful for our Hardware teams
Aesthetics was also a very big reason why we decided to use this tool
I also like that we can customize the value indicators

Cons: The one major thing I noticed, is that it's hard to close / archive a full month (column) in the Board view. You are only allowed to delete it, and then you have to archive all the cards. I think there are some key features missing:
* I wish we could see links for all the previous share views set up, not just the API key, this doesn't help
* I wish we could edit the settings we had for all previous share views
* I wish we could link workspaces so that I could make smaller workspaces but still see an overview of all workspaces
* I wish there was a way to save the custom colors and assign color to JIRA integrations so that I don't have to re-color everything everytime I have new items coming in

by airfocus on 2019/10/09

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for your helpful feedback. I created feature requests from your feedback and hope to get most of it done soonish. All points make complete sense. Please find them on our public roadmap: http://bit.ly/airfocus-roadmap.

Please also get in touch via chat, whenever you have questions or feedback.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/07
Florian M.
Head of Ecommerce
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/09

"Good and easy Tool for Product Prioritization"

Pros: * the good UI, easy to understand and use
* the possibility to configure the and weight the different parameters that are relevant for prioritization

Cons: * features like the chart tool are not configurable
* minor UI bugs, especially on smaller screensizes (not scrolling possible, relevant information not in viewport)

• Reviewed on 2019/09/09
John L.
Senior Technical Specialist
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees

"Simple but effective"

Pros: Was easy to setup and build a road map of existing products the team is working on

Cons: Missing a few features we would like such as adding tasks to the road map items and creating dependencies

Hanna K.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"Best roadmapping software"

Comments: Helps to visualize our goals

Pros: Quick roadmap creation and clear interface

Cons: Freemium unavailable. That's sad but I wouldn't switch to some other service.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/22
Martin L.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/12

"Trial period"

Comments: I had been using a similar, proprietary tool in my previous work in a consulting and system integration company. Therefore using the tool was very straightforward and easy.
I like the different view, which give you different angles of what one is planning.
Unfortunately I could only spend little time using the tool, so I could not evaluate if the tool would be strong enough for my day to day job.

Pros: - chart view
- customer support
- integration with Trello

Cons: - price
- tasks created in airfocus need to be added manually to Trello
- features with similar scores overlap in chart view and become impossible to read

• Reviewed on 2019/09/12
Daniil K.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/20

"Best decision by far"

Comments: Definitely recommend especially if you in search of something, that drives you within the project goals.

Pros: We use Jira, Trello, and Zapier. It was so easy to integrate these tools and as result it took off some work and made daily stuff easier.

Cons: I really had not faced issues using the tool as well as my team members.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/20
Irma H.
IT Project Manager and Product Manger
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/08

"Great tool for product managers"

Comments: In general I am satisfied with it. Looking forward to seeing more improvements from the team.

Pros: I like that it gives option to create customized boards, ability to create customized tags for each board and also to create different ratings on each card per user value, financial benefit and also time for delivery. This helps me a lot when it comes to creating a priorities for next features to be delivered. I very much so like and use the preview of items that represent small wins and those that are to be dropped for now.

Cons: I did not like that I experienced kind of distability. Occasionally it is not working or it stops work and I am changing browsers to make it work.

Simon A.
SVP Engineering
Utilities, 13-50 Employees

"New User"

Comments: Very satisfied and I will be taking on an editor subscription in order to keep using this product.

Pros: The software attachs well with Trello and gives the needed outputs that Trello does not provide alone, turning one data input into many useful visuals for use in managing tasks and projects while briefing at many levels.

Cons: Takes a while to get to grips with set ups for functionality, not as intuitive as I would like but then as I learn to adapt in my inputs this will be less of an issue.

Joel T.
Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/06

"Not expensive and sleek"

Pros: - Has jira integration!
- Has the bubble charts for drivers (rating system)
- not expensive

Cons: - doesn't have open voting for team/customers.

Sigrid B.
Product Owner
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/19

"Ready-set-go!"

Comments: it's really "ready-set-go" and with learning the possibilities you can give more input and receive more output
you can start small and build it up
very intuitive

Pros: Easy to define features and link them to teams and epics
Able to define the values and put a score on it. Even able to change them later on without much effort.
Visualisation of the features on the chart gives you a great overview and information
Timeline is easy to manage without to much needed information

Cons: still need to find cons.
Sometimes you have to finetune or rethink some things, but it's not that you have to start from scratch.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/19
Mariana M.
Marketing Intern
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/13

"Amazing and beautiful project management and roadmapping tool"

Comments: We do our complete marketing planning with airfocus. It's very easy and time efficient.

Pros: I really love the visualized priority charts. Haven't seen something like this before. airfocus is easy to use and makes our planning simple.

Cons: I have nothing bad to say. It could be a bit less time consuming to copy manually added items to another workspace. But I guess that is an edge case.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/13
Kultida yee T.
Founding Member/ Digital Strategist
Internet
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/20

"Awesome tool for marketing planning"

Pros: airfocus is by far one of the most sophisticated prioritization solutions I've tried that is still easy to use. I also really like that you can share and discuss the projects with a remote team.

Cons: It'd be nice to have an undo button. So far I've not felt the need to use it, but I think it can be a useful feature to have.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/20
Brendan H.
VP Engineering & Digital Product
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/12

"Necessary for all modern product teams"

Pros: As the person who runs product and engineering at our organization, there are requests coming in from every department for features, updates, and new products/pages. Being able to build a prioritization framework that the entire org is bought into that I can share with everyone has been invaluable. The entire team can now see our roadmap and why we're working on certain things. We built a google form to ingest requests, which creates an asana and airfocus task. We then enter their scores for impact, and our scores for effort and other teams can clearly see where their projects fall on the prioritization list. It's made conversations about bandwidth so much easier and made our teams work more transparent.

Cons: Currently, there is no way to have multiple frameworks inside a single project. It's also a bit expensive on a per-user basis.

by airfocus on 2019/04/18

Thanks for the inspiring feedback. Love the Form/Asana/airfocus workflow.

We're soon gonna launch master roadmaps. This will hopefully help you.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/12
Chief Product Officer
Utilities, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/11

"Product Roadmapping with AirFocus"

Comments: Overall we have really taken to AirFocus as a company and are using it across our organization's functions. The ease of use, nice UI, and ability to rank features is what makes it most impactful for us.

Pros: I like how this software is simple to use for Product Roadmapping - my main use case as Chief Product Officer. One feature that really stands out for me with AirFocus is the ability to define a weighting scale and weight your features. The view that shows you most important to least important features is very helpful in making decisions on what to prioritize on your roadmap.

Cons: I'd like to see more fine grained user controls (along with more user tracking of who makes what changes on the roadmap). There have been a few instances where other users changed my roadmap (we also use it for business/tech roadmapping) and it wasn't easy to tell what was changed.

by airfocus on 2019/04/16

Thanks for the inspiring and helpful review. We're already working on a granular item history/change log. 100% understood that this is needed. All the best.

Christoph B.
Product manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/22

"Great tool for prioritizing projects, ideas and product features. A must have for decision-makers!"

Pros: Easy set up, you're good to go within minutes. Also love the Jira and Trello sync!
Very helpful is the set of provided templates to get started.
Visualization alternatives (chart, board and timeline view) are great.
Great overall user experience and easy to use.

Cons: I don't totally agree with the differentiation between user groups in terms of features: why shouldn't a single user need Jira and Trello integration?

• Reviewed on 2018/03/22
Jason D.
Director of Engineering
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/11

"Great roadmap planning tool"

Comments: Good product and quick responses on support questions. Very happy with the product.

Pros: The Trello integration and timeline features are most useful to me.

Cons: The board portion isn't something we use much, since we have Trello.

Philippe F.
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/11

"Great for prioritizing the product development cycle."

Comments: Would highly recommend. For this price it's actually a no-brainer for every business that wants to set their priorities right.

Pros: As a compnay we were struggling with prioritizing and answering the 'what's next?' question. Airfocus is a great tool to help you do this in a transparant and convenient way.

Cons: These guys are working really hard and the software gets updated on a regular bases. At the moment we are just missing some simple editing (copy, move,...) features, but they are already on the roadmap.

Process Engineering Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees

"Airfocus review"

Pros: It is the easiest way to have a prioritization system that can be customized.

Cons: Lack of basic standard software features.

Sam S.
Senior UX Designer
Financial Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Overall good software"

Comments: Was good to be able to communicate with staff/help via the chat, where I gave feedback on new features - that was good. Overall the software seems reliable and easy to use. Could do with more robust feature set. But what it does, it does well and simply.

Pros: Easy to use and understand. Interface and UI is simple.

Cons: Could have more features. Sometimes doesn't quite work as I want/thought it would.

Louis S.
Head of Client Relations
Internet
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"airfocus has really helped us prioritise and make the right product decisions in the last few months"

Pros: One of my favorite things about airfocus was the setup process the wizard really guided me through it and I was able to easily setup the software the way I wanted to.
The bubble charts are a big help when it comes to discussing prioritization in-between teams when everyone has a different focus.

Cons: When I share a roadmap with a link, I would like to be able to set filters for the receiving persons view of the roadmap.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/19
Stephen L.
Automotive, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/18

"Overall, great tool. They've been responsive and helpful. "

Pros: Easy of use. The prioritization tool is awesome. The interface is very intuitive. I really like seeing the roadmap with the score on it.

Cons: The chat support is sometimes not very quick to respond. There are a couple features that would make this product even better, like the ability to role multiple items up to a larger item.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/18