15 years helping South African businesses

About Rippling

One place to run your global workforce—from HR to payroll and expenses to devices and apps.

Learn more about Rippling

Pros:

VERY clear and functional. I appreciate that when it comes to managing my money and healthcare.

Cons:

I was surprised to find out that we were working with the head of the implementation team because of how poor our experience was.

Rippling ratings

4,9

Rippling has an overall rating of 4,9 out 5 stars based on 3 033 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Rippling before?

Filter reviews (3 033)

Gary
Gary
Human Resources Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees

Rippling is a business process integration platform.

5,0 6 months ago

Comments: In general, I've had a great time using Rippling. Having a central hub for handling everything relating to staff has dramatically streamlined how we do business. Human resources, information technology, and financial processes are now fully integrated, resulting in significant time savings and fewer mistakes. Particularly notable is the speedy onboarding process, which has helped us streamline our hiring practices and get to work faster.

Pros:

Across HR, IT, and FP&A, Rippling provides a unified platform for efficient administration. It's a fantastic resource for bringing together disparate areas of an organization's operations, such as payroll, costs, benefits, and IT hardware.

Cons:

Considering its numerous benefits, Rippling might be difficult to grasp at first because of its many features and capabilities. It may take some time to become used to all of the options and capabilities, and the learning curve may be rather high. There is room for enhancement in customer service with regards to response times and the clarity of responses given.

Jhedy
International Teacher in Philippines
E-Learning, 501–1 000 Employees

Easy Navigation and User Friendly

5,0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I use Rippling to monitor all my payroll from my company. I am able to carry my payroll on the go and I use it to present as proof whenever I wish to travel. Navigating around the app is very simple and easy.

Cons:

I don't see a disadvantage in using Rippling.

Kristen
Owner in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Stay far away.

1,0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: From the sales process to leaving Rippling every step of the way was filled with poor service. In addition to the above, an employee's benefits were cut off without prior approval, wage reports filed incorrectly and offshore customer service was contradictory, unaccountable and untrained. When I finally received service on the second level, I was subjected to more sales pitches, my favorite was the PEO person telling me that employees really couldn't reach the HR folks any way but email because, you know, this is a software company. Yep. One that shouldn't be in the payroll and HR business. I have never had such a bad experience running payroll with any company, and this is something I have been doing for my company and client companies for over 25 years.

Pros:

I liked leaving Rippling the most. I've used Paycom, ADP, QuickBooks payroll, none of whom are known to be easy and I would recommend all of them over this software. I did appreciate the email reminders for payroll, but that was it.

Cons:

Onboarding. I was treated like a fool who didn't know what a payroll period ending date vs a check date was. The constant pop ups on login. The confusing user interface and poor reports. The horrible customer service.

Shirley
Director of Human Resources in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Rippling: Empowering HR and Payroll

5,0 2 months ago

Comments: Rippling is a game changer in the world of business and they are innovative and future thinking. They ensure everything is accurate and legal with payroll and keeps us up-to-date with notifications as reminders of what we need to do. Managing employees is a streamlined process which frees up time. We recently added recruitment which will make our entire process almost work on its own. Spend Management was a true blessing and it works like a breeze. It couldn't possible be easier than it is.

Pros:

After using Rippling for over a year now, I am impressed how it simplifies the daunting tasks we face with HR and Payroll. I love the integration capabilities especially with third party apps. It manages everything from onboarding to offboarding with ease. It's user friendly especially to the less tech savvy employees. The app works like a charm especially when submitting receipts.

Cons:

We wanted to add on ASO but it was too expensive and they didn't offer adding on one or two levels at a time.

Sofia
Finance Manager in US
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

Rippling is Awesome!

5,0 2 months ago

Comments: Rippling is absolutely great!!! The fabulous tools for achieving many of the Human Resource and Payroll functions for companies of all sizes are amazing. We are so very happy we chose Rippling, overall we would recommend it to every business out there!!!

Pros:

How easy and fast the integration has been.

Cons:

So far I have not had any negative experience yet.

Malarkodi
QA Engineer in US
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Simplest tool

5,0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Rippling was great and it's an easy-go tool.

Pros:

Ease of use and the way the topics is accessible visually when needed.

Cons:

No. I didn't see any negative(s) in ripping so far. If I face any, will add it in my second review.

Suresh
HR Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

The Most Powerful HR Solution

5,0 last month New

Pros:

We have used Rippling for virtually everything about HR. It comes with great on boarding features, makes time tracking easy, it has scheduling features among other capabilities It is so easy to deploy, use ad integrate with other solutions

Cons:

With Rippling, there has not been any major concerns with the way it works

Ed
Artist in US
Graphic Design, 51–200 Employees

User Friendly, very helpful

5,0 last month New

Comments: We have it all in one platform. Insurance, Vacations, payroll stubs. I like it.

Pros:

We have all we need in one platform. Very easy to use.

Cons:

It makes you use their home page instead of google. Other than that no complaints

Ruan
CEO in South Africa
E-Learning, Self Employed

Rippling for business

5,0 last month New

Pros:

If I had more staff this would be an effective way to payroll and employee tracking. Small businesses that are online would have easy Management.

Cons:

Setting up takes some time, the interface could use some a better in-email option or clickables for clients onboarding.

Sean
People Ops Associate Office Manager in US
Package/Freight Delivery, 51–200 Employees

Sean Journey Rippling Review

5,0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Very user friendly. For a first time user, it did not take me long to learn where to navigate.

Cons:

Nothing has come up as a concern so far.

CEO in US
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

5,0 4 years ago

Comments: Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll.
Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros:

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons:

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Rippling Response

4 years ago

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

Lee
Lee
CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Reporting as fraud - zero customer support

2,0 4 years ago

Comments: Rippling took $1000 from me for a 5-person package. When I realized it didn't perform the way they said it would, I asked for a refund. To be specific, they assured me that I could use Rippling in the same way that I use DocuSign. When I tried to upload contracts to send them for signature, the platform wouldn't allow that function. I was going to have to completely re-enter a 15-page contract manually in their online 'editing' box before I could send the document for signature. This wasn't what I was told during my original walk-through, so I requested a refund as that was my main need.
When I requested my refund, I received no reply- the person that sold me the package ghosted me, Rippling kept my money and canceled my account. There is no other way to contact their team other than email, and I sent several emails over months before giving up. Going to have to issue a statement about fraud to my bank to try and reverse the charge now.

Pros:

Nothing. Never got to actually use it because they de-activated my account and kept my money.

Cons:

Their "portal" for documents to be e-signed is like a bad version of google docs- without the ability to import. You literally cannot import a pre-made document. You can paste the content and reformat it- so good luck with anyone transferring from another platform, anyone with pre-existing documents, basically anyone that wants to edit a document outside of their terrible text editor.

Alysha
Head of People Operations in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

I am excited to implement Rippling !

5,0 3 years ago

Comments: From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros:

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons:

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1 001–5 000 Employees

Time is saved by having all HR data in one place

5,0 last year

Comments: It is simple to keep track of your time in and time out, as well as your lunch and rest periods and overtime, when you use rippling. Vacation requests can be made with ease, as can checking the available balance. This is a fantastic method of tracking such data if you are responsible for a large number of employees. The active benefits to employees are also plain to notice.

Pros:

Leave off, vacation, sick time, and working from home are all tracked in Rippling. Our insurance details, pay stubs, and company structure are all readily available through Rippling. It's convenient to have everything in one spot rather than constantly bug HR.

Cons:

The user interface is boring. The dashboard should provide easy access to frequently used software like time tracking. Despite my objections, I am frequently required to use a two-factor authentication process.

Haley
Staffing & Payroll Director in US
Political Organization, 51–200 Employees

Overall Review of Rippling

4,0 6 months ago

Comments: Overall our experience has been very positive and we have a lot of love for Rippling as a system. It is by no means perfect, but it has been very good to us! My advice, should you choose Rippling, would be to take your time, plan ahead, and lean on their team to support you through the process.

Pros:

The full-service payroll is leagues above anything else I’ve used. It is intuitive, user-friendly, and customizable. Rippling is also a great support for maintaining compliance with pay and taxes, which is helpful when you have limited staff. For reference, I have used Paychex, ADP, and Gusto. The ease of use for employees is really great. Our staff were a little hard to get on the Rippling train, but once it was up and running, everyone had positive feedback for us! Again, Rippling is very intuitive and their team is usually really great and guessing what questions employees would have, and making sure that their prompts and applications cover that. The support is unmatched. As a non-profit organization, we have always had tons of clunkiness in our systems, because they’re built for a corporate set up. This was the case for Rippling too, BUT their support teams have been nothing less than brilliant at answering our questions, creating innovative solutions for us, and helping our world fit into Rippling, comfortably.

Cons:

Regional insurance providers aren’t always supported in the Benefits Administration application. We have a regional provider with some unique waiting periods and, unfortunately, Rippling cannot support that at this time. What this means is that we handle our healthcare insurance manually, which is a real pain. With innovation comes lots of changes and they are sometimes hard to keep up with. Rippling is a growing platform and they strive to innovate often which can sometimes lead to a lot of change fatigue, especially with staff members. There is a bit of a learning curve for folks who are administrating/implementing as a non-profit. We ambitiously tried to “fast-track” our implementation which was totally the wrong call. Rippling is fantastic once it is implemented, but can be a challenge in the beginning and with any changes you need to make to fit your world into it.

Melissa
COO in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

All around horrible!

1,0 2 years ago

Comments: If I could do no stars I most certainly would. I do not recommend this product for a company that needs flexibility.

Pros:

There is nothing that has worked well for us. Every single thing we try to do requires so many hoops to find out it cannot be done and there is no way around it. It was sold to us as being flexible, it is definitely not. I am so mad I did not move to the company I know works well for all situations.

Cons:

Benefits do not flow easily, open enrollment was a nightmare and they had to fix so many things even though it was entered properly in the system. K-1 partners can only have payments applied to them, no tracking of benefits that came out of the payment so no reporting to help with your audit and tax prep. PTO & Sick time cannot be split on one day, which is a pain. HSA is a train wreck, money comes out of our account, but it is often wrong. Basically not one thing works well.

Christine
Chief People Officer in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Robust and easy to use

4,0 2 years ago

Pros:

Rippling is very easy to use and has many features that help to get all your administrative work done fast and accurately. I like how managers are also given the capacity to pull their own team reports vs relying on HR to provide them with reporting data.

Cons:

Adding new hires into Rippling throughout the year does not automatically add the prorata vacation days into their profile - you need to manually add that data.

Caitlin
Director of Culture in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Don't Waste Your Money

2,0 4 years ago

Comments: Overall, we felt we were sold a really expensive lie with this system. The main functionality we wanted--the automatic integration with all of our tools to make onboarding easier, didn't actually exist. When we started to use it, it quickly became "oh, well you still have to go into Dropbox to purchase licenses, we don't fully integrate with them" and "oh yeah, MS Office you can't do through our system either because of the licensing" so we ended up doing all of these things manually anyways. Their customer service has been extremely poor, and they're also one of the more expensive products on the market. I don't recommend this tool at all--I think they have a really long way to go in improving their product, and I'm honestly amazed that there are so many high reviews on this site.

Pros:

At the time, it seemed really appealing to make our onboarding process more seamless with email, Slack, and all the other tools our teams were using. The interface and functionality seemed appealing, but overall, unfortunately, turned out to be a letdown. For what we pay for this software, compared to what we get, I can't say much positive in terms of what we SHOULD be getting.

Cons:

The interface is convoluted and user journeys don't make sense. When we first started using Rippling, we were an early customer so we decided to be along for the ride, but things are constantly moved and changed and become more complicated, not easier, to find and navigate. Among many other things, here are a few of the worst issues we've had: - Inability to de-activate a contractor--if you want to not be charged money every month for someone, you have to fully offboard them otherwise your billing will quickly become insane and wasteful. - Their electronic signature functionality is crap--you have to use their clunky system, you can't just upload your own doc and add a signature box. - Their customer support is terrible! They take a really long time to answer emails (you have to pay extra I believe if you want phone support, if that even exists at all), and when they do, they often deny they've made mistakes or their tech has broken. - Lack of security: we offboarded an employee and it was supposed to automatically offboard them from tools, but the employee let us know that several days later, they still had access to these tools. We contacted Rippling and they denied this, and then a month later they emailed us the equivalent of "oh yeah, sorry about that, our bad." This is completely unacceptable when you're working in technology and clients' proprietary code or other info can be compromised by a terminated employee.

Joseph
Senior Software Engineer in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11–50 Employees

From a Users Perspective

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: Rippling has by far been the smoothest experience I've had handling my benefits, payroll, onboarding, etc. Login and password requirements are sensible, Multi-factor-auth is available and encouraged, activities/actions users can take are clearly labeled and easy to find, and once you, say, click into payroll, it's fairly obvious how to do what you need. Rippling is quite comprehensive in it's scope, and it's execution is stellar. Unlike similar platforms I won't name, none of it feels slapped together or like someone didn't want to pay for extra feature X so there's a big gap in the program. I've quite enjoyed it. It has its issues, like it's telemetry and it's reliance on Chrome. however, neither of these are dealbreakers, imo. The telemetry is clearly centered around user interface interaction, which no doubt is how they've made their UI/UX so intuitive. My primary concern as a user of this software is that should a company go all in on rippling, that I'd be tracked by my employer without my consent with that telemetry down the line.

Pros:

- Clear and intuitive UI/UX - Informative Context Everywhere -- Benefits onboarding was well laid out and easy to compare options -- Paystub breakdowns and explanations are awesome -- User profiles actually helpful - Orgchart Just Works. - Healthcare management is easy.

Cons:

- Reliance on Chrome: I've noticed some site features don't behave quite right unless I use a Chrome based browser, and their Employee Home product only works as a Chrome extension, there's no site-based experience for it that I've found. So if you aren't a chrome user, you have to install and keep open an extra browser if you want to take advantage of that without migrating from your current preferred browser. - Site bloat. Initial load of their site is takes 4-5 seconds on my gigabit internet, and clicking around the site results in multiple 5-10 second load times. It can feel unbearable waiting for a page that's just text to load. And then if I inspect the page, A single page of text took over 12 megabytes (post compression) to load. - Tracking/Security. Rippling makes a call back home with what appears to be quite detailed telemetry every 3 seconds, sending not just mouse events like clicking, but the specific place on the page you clicked, hovered, or even scrolled to. Not to mention logging everything you type, every field you type it in. And there's no obvious way to disable this. This in of itself is a security problem for me. One solace is that this tracking is well implemented. Secure forms that should not be tracked are not logged over the wire. However, everything else seems to be.

Tiffany
Head Of Care in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

All The Important Pieces Simplified

5,0 12 months ago

Pros:

This website is a game-changer for businesses of all sizes. It offers excellent payroll features, HR features, and time tracking, all in one place.The payroll features on Rippling are top-notch. It's easy to set up and manage payroll for your entire team. You can automate your payroll and even integrate your benefits programs. You can also access paystubs and tax documents online, making it easy for you and your employees to stay on top of payroll.The HR features on Rippling are also impressive. You can manage employee data, track time off, and create custom workflows. You can also automate onboarding and offboarding processes, saving you time and ensuring that everything is handled accurately.The time tracking feature on Rippling is another standout feature. It's easy for employees to clock in and out, and you can set up custom time-off policies. You can also track time spent on projects, making it easy to manage your team's workload.Overall, Rippling.com is an excellent HR management solution. Its payroll features, HR features, and time tracking are all top-notch, making it easy to manage your team and your business. Plus, it's user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it a great choice for businesses of all sizes.

Cons:

I don't have anything I'd want to improve at this time.

Csaba
Finance Consultant in Canada
Medical Devices, 11–50 Employees

Great product. Excellent support.

5,0 9 months ago

Comments: By using Rippling, we don't need to have an HR person on our payroll. We feel confident that we are compliant while saving money.

Pros:

Rippling is quite easy and intuitive to use. It is very comprehensive and contains many features that I plan to use in the future. It is excellent at reminding you to do tasks so that you remain in compliance. (e.g. an employee moves and it prompts you, and reminds you, to update appropriate forms). I am especially impressed with their support. No matter how good a product like this is, you will always find yourself with edge cases where you want to feel assured you are staying legal and doing it the right way. I've contacted Rippling support many times and in almost every circumstance was more than satisfied with the quick live chat response, thorough knowledgeable staff who are experts in their domains. I feel like I have an HR team working with me and can count on them every time.

Cons:

We integrated towards the end of the year (Nov) and we should have waited until the new calendar year Jan 1 to start the rollover from our previous PEO. There were some issues with tax documents that our accountants had to manually resolve.

Zac
CFO in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

Rippling isa fully featured HRIS suite with excellent customer service to manage through issues

5,0 5 months ago

Comments: We were able to consolidate 4 platforms into 1.

Pros:

The implementation process with Rippling is really special. Each of there "apps" has a workflow built in the UI to step through configuration, data transfer, documentation and the other steps. We really liked this. Also, the customer service is as good as people say. A great knowledge base with video walkthroughs, quick chat responses and a dedicated team of human resources.

Cons:

There are only two areas that I would say we have been disappointment with. 1. Scheduling is not available in time management yet. We have been told its on the road map, but for now there is not a simple, native way to track attendance against a schedule for hourly employees. 2. Benefits admin in Rippling was designed to use forms that are emailed to carriers for updates rather than the industry standard EDI file transfer. They recently added a partner that does EDI with a number of carriers so this has become less of a problem.

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Rippling Review

4,0 9 months ago

Comments: my overall experience with Rippling was good. The platform provided a comprehensive solution for HR management, combining multiple functionalities into a single, integrated system. The ability to handle employee onboarding, payroll, benefits, and IT provisioning in one place streamlined our HR processes and improved overall efficiency. The intuitive user interface and self-service capabilities empowered employees to manage their information effectively. The automation features reduced manual efforts and enhanced productivity. While there were some complexities in the setup and occasional glitches, the benefits of using Rippling outweighed these minor drawbacks. It served as a valuable tool for our HR department and contributed to a seamless employee experience.

Pros:

One of the aspects I liked most about Rippling was its comprehensive and integrated HR platform. The platform offered a wide range of features, including employee onboarding, payroll management, benefits administration, time tracking, and IT provisioning. The seamless integration of these functions into a single platform made it convenient and efficient for HR teams to manage various aspects of employee administration. The intuitive user interface and self-service capabilities empowered employees to access and update their information easily. The automation features, such as automated workflows and notifications, helped streamline HR processes and reduce manual efforts. Overall, Rippling provided a robust and all-in-one solution for HR management.

Cons:

One aspect I liked least was the complexity of certain configuration and setup processes. As Rippling offers extensive customization options, setting up and configuring the platform to align with our specific HR policies and workflows required some technical expertise and time investment. Although the platform provided documentation and support, some aspects of customization could be more user-friendly and intuitive. Additionally, occasional glitches or delays in system updates were a minor inconvenience that could affect the overall user experience.

Parth
Web Developer in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic onboarding app with user-friendly UI and robust functionality

4,0 last year

Comments: The software makes it simple for me to seek time off from my supervisor. I can see how many hours my direct reports have worked and how many they intend to work in the near future. It just makes organising things and dealing with onboarding a lot easier and smoother. I've spent a lot less time worrying about whether or not a time-off request was accepted, as well as how many time-off hours I had before and after a request is submitted or authorised.

Pros:

Rippling's UI is extremely intuitive, simple to use, and delivers all of the information required for effective people management and operations. Rippling's Time-off feature is by far the most user-friendly. As a consequence, I and the approver and spend less time on administrative activities, which allows me to devote more time to my real job tasks. The dashboard is simple to use and helps you quickly discover the information you want. The nicest part is that I can change the quantities of my payments to different accounts each pay cycle. Signing up for employment benefits, submitting time off requests, controlling your work equipment, and checking your payment information are all simpler processes.

Cons:

The Rippling Android App lacks key functionality included in the Rippling browser version. The functions under Insurance & Benefits, in particular, are not available in the Android app. My main concern would be purchasing add-ons to get all of the functionality you require. The onboarding procedure was quite lengthy. I wish Rippling could accept expenditure payments.

Maryam
Marketing Coordinator in Jordan
Education Management, 501–1 000 Employees

Empowers employees to engage in human resources management efficiently.

5,0 11 months ago

Comments: Overall, Rippling has made organizing employee files, requests, and other important information a breeze. Rippling has also improved transparency and accessibility, which is fantastic for our organization.

Pros:

I find Rippling's HR management system to be very employee-friendly. It's great that employees can update their information, upload documents, and get approvals all in one place. Additionally, having access to salary slips and other important documents directly through the system is a huge plus. One of Rippling's standout features is its ability to coordinate vacation requests. Employees can easily fill out the necessary form on their page and send it off for approval. Notifications are sent to the direct manager, who can approve or reject the request and provide reasons on time. The vacation calendars also make it easy for managers to manage requests without disrupting the workflow. Another great feature is the ability for managers to easily fill out and modify employee assessment forms, which keeps the process running smoothly. And Rippling's recruitment procedures are completed promptly, which is fantastic.

Cons:

While Rippling is generally very good, there is room for improvement when it comes to customizing forms and deleting documents.