• Overall
    4,9 /5
    4,9 /5
    4,8 /5

About Rippling

Rippling makes it easy to manage your Payroll, Benefits, HR, and IT -- all in one, modern platform.

Learn more about Rippling

David A.
Manager of Accounting
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/14

"Rippling Software Review"

Comments: It has been great. The amount of HR and payroll time I have to spend on a daily basis is dramatically decreased. Employees are also very much in control of all their own data and feedback has been very positive

Pros: The design of the software makes sense. Coming from other payroll software Rippling has a central platform where you can then jump off into any app that you need, from payroll, to time off, to onboarding. All the programs work seamlessly together and are designed to make sense to users of all technical skill levels.

Cons: We had some issues with migration from the prior software, but this has more to do with the prior softwares issues than Rippling.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/14
Emily F.
HR Lead
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/06

"Rippling Makes life Easier!"

Comments: Overall we have had an extremely positive experience with Rippling. They have grown and added great features over time and they have made my job much easier.

Pros: I love that it combines IT and HR into one portal. As a fast growth company, Rippling as made rapid growth and hiring possible because of the ways it has streamlined onboarding. As an HR professional I cannot tell you the many ways Rippling has benefited me!!

Cons: They recently added a chat feature which has helped with support but over the last year support has been the trickiest part. I have seen major improvements over the last 2 months. Additionally, I would like more abilities to streamline what managers can see, reporting, and org chart capabilities.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/06
Davis T.
Revenue Analyst
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/14

"Rippling for a Startup"

Comments: I mainly use the platform for insurance questions and payroll tracking. There are a handful of other features that may be more useful in a larger organization, but for what I typically need, Rippling's features are great.

Pros: As an employee of a startup, I really value the ease of use and self-service nature of Rippling. I'm able to find the answer to the majority of my questions easily on the platform, without bugging HR, whether its related to insurance, payroll etc.

Cons: I don't recall our onboarding or training on the platform being very in depth, so while Rippling is very easy to figure out, it would have been helpful to have a training session to get up to speed.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/14
Lindsey B.
Controller
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/17

"Best HR Tool I've Used"

Comments: My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros: The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations! Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT. The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons: There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/17
Antoinette O.
Director of HR & Financial Administration
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/27

"Great Overall Business Product"

Comments: Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros: Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons: The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/27
Douglas P.
VP Finance
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/31

"Rippling is a must have"

Comments: Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros: 1) Technology that makes my life better
2) Responsive team/customer service
3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons: 1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes.
2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

by Rippling on 2020/01/24

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/31
Letha M.
HR & Operation Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/29

"Modernized Flexible Solutions"

Pros: The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons: As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

by Rippling on 2019/12/13

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/29
Courtney F.
Director of Bright Tiger
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/09

"A future forward HRIS"

Comments: It has allowed us to set up 4 companies in one system, connect all the teams but directly integrate with so many applications we are using elsewhere.

Pros: I love that this system makes for the most seamless onboarding experience both for the employee and the human resources team. It allows for so many different components that were limiting in other systems (multi-company org chart in one place,360 integration with so many apps without an additional cost, multiple tiers of permissions and policies per employee level)

Cons: I wish that it allowed for employees t fill out a form without having to print and upload. This is the only thing I haven't liked so far.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/09
Stephanie C.
Director of HR
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/12

"Versatility for HR, Benefits, Payroll and more"

Comments: We came off of a PEO into this platform. It took us some time to get things running smoothly, but now it has really streamlined on- and off-boarding, employee benefits and payroll.

Pros: Rippling interfaces with hundreds of companies which allows the flexibility to use the resources you need. We were able to work with our own benefit broker, 401(k) provider, time keeping, and more. Their interface has allowed us to connect products as SSO, even those that don't necessarily connect with Rippling. They have worked very closely with us to get things right and I appreciate that our feedback is listened to and acted upon.

Cons: Our payroll is very complicated. It took us several runs to get the bugs worked out and we still have to do some things manually, though we are changing timekeeping vendors which will help tremendously. Also, in the beginning we didn't have a dedicated account manager so we had to work with different people after implementation. That had since been rectified.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/12
Matilda L.
HR
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/09

"Happy to make the switch"

Comments: The fast response time has been so appreciated since many of our issues are urgent and I feel that Rippling provide the support that I need.

Pros: It is easy to understand and interact with. All the important apps and documents gets kept in the same spot.

Cons: I do not have any direct cons to the software itself. It was a bit hard transferring every data and information over from our last provider and I wish it had been a bit smoother, that's all.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/09
Julie J.
Associate
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/08

"Great Implementation + Platform"

Pros: It's been 1 month since implementing this software for our team. Thus far it's been super easy to transition over. It's nice to have all the documents in one place and even the simple things like having an employee's anniversary easily viewed does wonders for our small team. I also love that they have templates already on the platform that can be easily customized. The customer service has also been 10/10 as their responses to emails and requests are responded to within 24 hrs.

Cons: There are a few features that you have to pay for. Not that they are "hidden" per se but it did surprise me when I assumed Google Workspace + Slack was free to have on on this platform but it costs to have them all managed on the platform.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/08
Jennifer S.
Business Operations Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/12

"It's just that easy..."

Pros: The software is intuitive. While the onboarding support has been great, it really is logically set up. SO much easier than other HRIS systems.

Cons: We're still new to the system, so I'm still figuring out everything it can do. (Which is a lot...)

• Reviewed on 2021/03/12
Marcus A.
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"Horrible service and on boarding"

Comments: Their system is nothing more than the API hub to other third-party service providers. You're paying to connect to your other services through their interface, which costs additional for each service on a per-person level. There are many more affordable solutions with better interface and customer service. To prove how outdated and horrible their system is, they declined my payment (even though I provided my full account info with their rep on the phone that was chewing on the phone, letting me figure everything out instead of trying to help me). I tried to reach my rep, that he disappeared. Due to the inconsistency and the low-level onboarding, I decided to cancel and not proceed with the service. Right after I canceled the service, they went into my account and started to withdraw money without my consent! I doubt that any of these reviews are legitimate. I have found the same reviews on different channels, basically plagiarized.

Pros: I didn't like anything once I signed up.

Cons: -ZERO Customer Service
-Horrible Onboarding for someone who advocates themselves as an onboarding service
-Constant upsell for every single thing in the system, even after I selected the everything from their highest level package there is still cost for even a simple API for your email or Salesforce and much more!
-User Interface is extremely outdated
-Functionality is exaggerated.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19
Jason E.
Chief Financial Officer
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/08

"The most intuitive, well thought out software product I've ever used"

Pros: Rippling thought of everything when building their products. And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Payroll, benefits administration, onboarding/offboarding, custom reporting, app provisioning/management.......we eliminated several other systems and manual systems with a very fast, simple implementation of Rippling.

Cons: So far, and in all honesty, I cannot think of anything I don't like about Rippling. We're only a month in, but still more and more impressed every time I login.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/08
Christina V.
Financial Controller
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/02

"Payroll - Operationalized"

Pros: I appreciate the reporting (both exporting and dashboard) functions of the software. It is great to have an HR usable interface with the back-end infrastructure to operationalize and automate payroll. Thank you for the compliance networks and great partnership for our employees.

Cons: With an increasing demand for remote workspace, I would request a bit more support in establishing tax entity in new states. For a small business, there may only one person wearing many hats behind the scenes and setting up tax jurisdictions can be challenging and time consuming when changing payroll platforms.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/02
Stephen H.
Account Specialist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/08

"Positive Experience"

Comments: overall very pleased to have a great program to use

Pros: Ease of use, mobile and desktop both high quality

Cons: Some options on desktop are not available on mobile

• Reviewed on 2020/12/08
Michael B.
Public Relations & Communications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/10

"Rippling was a great find for our small business"

Comments: Rippling has been great to work with. Whenever we have an issue or a question they are very responsive. I am so pleased with m choice of rippling.

Pros: What I like most about Rippling is it is so much more than a great payroll, onboard and PTO solution(this is what brought us to Rippling). Through rippling we found our 401k partner (Human Interest), our employee review partner (15five), our time and attendance tracker (when I work), and most recently our cloud-based firewall (Cloudflare). All these extra services integrate seamlessly with onboarding saving us a tremendous amount of time.

Cons: I wish there was phone support vs just email support.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/10
Manager of Accounting
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/11

"Best all-in-one solution for small business"

Pros: all the different modules that work together: payroll, benefits, RPass, app integrations, connection to 401k

Cons: no chat support, only email..responses are quick but sometimes having access to chat support right away would be great

• Reviewed on 2019/12/11
Tiffany L.
Client Engagement Coordinator
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/29

"Amazing Software"

Comments: Overall Rippling is a great software product, I would highly recommend it for any company no matter the size of their HR department.

Pros: What I liked the most about Rippling's software is the ease of use for our employees as well as the administrators. We don't have to spend time going over training because the software is so user friendly not to mention all the employees important documents are all in one place that they can access at anytime.

Cons: I honestly don't have any cons with Ripplings software. It's truly a great product.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/29
Rudolf T.
Web Developer II
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/02

"User / employee suggestions"

Comments: It's clear that development is in progress, so far impressed by the potential.

Pros: I like that the design direction is focused on usability around the most important / bottom line information we usually come to the service for.

Cons: I wasn't sure what RPass was, didn't know what I was giving up my password for which is a strange feeling. Once in there, I attempted to sign into Greenhouse, but there was a SAML error displayed as JSON. As a user, it's not great to come across such poor user experience when you handle our critical information for us. Also, I couldn't search by job title in the directory on mobile, was was frustrating.

by Rippling on 2020/02/07

Hey Rudolf, Thanks so much for your feedback, much appreciated. We apologize for your inconvenience around RPass, and want to reiterate that your data is secure. If you have questions, reach out to [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2020/02/02
Ryann M.
Director of Sales Development
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/31

"I love the "you got paid" emails"

Comments: I have never used Rippling so it was a great surprise. I was very impressed with the overall ease of use and simple it made my onboarding.

Pros: I like that everything is very user friendly. If I need to query how many days off my team has taken it's very simple. I love the automated emails when I get paid as well - and the easy to read break down of my paycheck. If I ever forget a password, I log into Rippling and I can SSO into any of the apps my company uses.

Cons: I think the Google authenticator can be annoying but, other than that I don't have any issues and I understand the two-step authenticator is for security reasons.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/31
Jamie O.
Chief of Staff
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/10

"Great Employee Management Software"

Pros: Rippling is not only user friendly, but also incorporates so many elements for our HR and on-boarding process. It is so nice to capture and manage everything from one place.

Cons: Admin permissions options. I have some important admin rights in regards to payroll, HR functions, investment reports; however, my access level does not provide the support email address in the help section of the site. In order to receive support (which was very fast and helpful) I had to request the email address from my CFO.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/10
Bree M.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/31

"Rippling for Growing Business"

Pros: I love how easy it is to onboard new employees with Rippling and the rental program for laptops and other hardware.

Cons: I would like some kind of timekeeping functionality, which is what we liked most about the last software we were using.

by Rippling on 2019/08/05

Hi Bree, Thanks for your feedback! Wanted to let you know we integrate with the best time-tracking applications out there, so you can use the best platform and the best services. Contact [email protected] if you have any questions

• Reviewed on 2019/07/31
Keith I.
Public Policy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Fantastic Small Business Solution"

Pros: Automation! We were looking for a payroll solution, but this provided a complete staff/HR solution for our team. In addition to streamlining our payments to staff and consultants, it has simplified on-boarding, internal compliance concerns, and managing software licenses across the team.

Cons: Onboarding the solution takes a bit of time - but completely worth it!

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Austin A.
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/14

"Simplifies our business signifigantly"

Comments: We run all of our business basics (including insurance) through rippling and are very satisfied.

Pros: Super easy to use, handles a lot of different tasks that usually would require multiple software packages.

Cons: Can be hard to get quick customer service.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/14