Brokermint Reviews

by Brokermint

Filter by:

• Overall

About Brokermint

Complete back office system. Transaction management, commission automation, accounting, agent management, reporting and analytics.

Learn more about Brokermint

Chelsea J.
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/12

"Newbie but so far so good"

Pros: The layout and intuitive set up is fabulous. Very good looking site. Great customer service. Anytime there is something that we can't figure out or that we would love to see changed, we have great and quick response where the problem is easily explained or they put in an order to have it changed for us.

Cons: Because it's more of a complex system capable or more complex actions, it has taken us a little longer to set up and work out the kinks than originally planned.

Maria W.
Office Admin.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/19

"Review of Brokermint"

Comments: Brokermint does try really hard to accommodate smaller companies' business models. Their recent updates have improved the ease of usage for agents overall. Sometimes though, they update and move links/filters so often, that it's hard for the agents to figure out where the things they were used to seeing on one screen is now on another or in a different widget. I also find myself (Admin.)looking for tutorials and/or help guides to the new things they update. The announcements are good but again, the language is not always understood without further research into what it is has changed. Trying to get live support has begun to get harder. A live chat gets passed on to several people which then prompts me to filter through 2 to 3 different answers before getting what I need out of the initial inquiry. Reports is something that we've been working with Brokermint on since inception- we'll get there!

Pros: As far as I understand, Brokermint is not software, it's an internet based program - unless they are looking to get into that field? Initially, what I like most was how different it was from other programs we were using. The ease of initial transaction entry and agent usage capabilities is what took us over the top.

Cons: Initially, it was the understanding that much of the wording (colored differently) was a link to other pages or filters. There are no buttons or boxes to click on as people are used to. That was/is hard for a lot of the agents to grasp. Also, a lot of the dropdowns were not editable and the verbage is different in each state so we had to pick whatever was closest. When Brokermint updated the program to include these, it made the transaction editing easier - but all the previous entries still have the original wording. So if you're trying to find an archived trans. those filters don't work. When trying to communicate these issues to the staff/programmers via e-mail/chat; a phone call would always have to follow because the description language was different and we couldn't understand each other's needs/solutions without describing it live (it's good that they made themselves so available) but it took weeks to get to that point/resolution.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/19
Brent P.
Owner / Broker
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/04

"Brokermint is THE transaction management solution for our firm."

Comments: At the time we switched to Brokermint, we had been dotloop users for years in a marketplace where dotloop was not commonly used. It worked good enough for transaction management I suppose, but at the time, there was no way to apply a checklist to a transaction (each task had to be created manually) and I didn't have a way to track commissions and get that information over to QuickBooks. Brokermint changed all that. We evaluated several competitors and kept coming back to Brokermint as the all-in-one solution we were looking for. We create transactions with MLS data, add a checklist with all items properly assigned to the person responsible for the task, push to google calendar, track commission, e-sign, review files prior to closing, and when all finished, push it all to QuickBooks for quick payment. It has transformed the way our back office runs.

Pros: Having the ability to track commissions inside the system, and then automatically push that information to quickbooks is a godsend. It makes tracking and paying commissions stupid simple. If you've been using excel or calculating commissions by hand, this alone will save you hours each year.

Cons: Most of the cons I experienced early on with the software have been addressed with updates over the time (2 years) that I've been a customer. The one thing I wish the platform did have, is the ability to customize a message when sending an e-sign request, and the ability to create signing template "overlays" as in my particular state, the state forms are each serialized, so the form has to change each time, and the template solution in place today doesn't work well with that.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/04
Lenda W.

"Review"

Comments: I think this is a good program and with just a couple of adjustments, it could be a great program.

Pros: I like the e signature component. I also like the approval process but I would like to be able to fine an agent for insufficient or missing paperwork on the fly. I also like the checklist system because it keeps agents from naming files crazy things.

Cons: Does not track emails to agents regarding their docs. I cannot assess fines or adjust commissions on the fly when approving docs. There is no search engine on the approval screen. Also, incomplete transactions should be red on the approval screen like they are on the transaction screen. I cannot see the date a document was uploaded. Timing out is a huge issue. There should be an additional step in the closing process whereby an agent alerts the staff that a closing has happened but we can get a final check before the integration with Quickbooks. The admin training is insufficient as far as the work flow is concerned. The setup training is great.

Ann B.

"Brokermint Review"

Pros: Brokermint has a nice and simple look to it. I use the commission plans alot and I like that. Customer Service is top notch.

Cons: I wish it were just a little more intuitive and had more graphics. Agents like graphics and need it to be super intuitive or they don't use it and from a broker standpoint it becomes a chore to always be forcing them to use it. It is one of the better ones out there. I want to integrate QBooks but have heard that the integration isn't great. I wish they integrated with Docusign..

Bob H.
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/05

"Slick and quick, but needs some polish"

Comments: Lots of exciting ideas, but poor implementation makes this minimal value as a productivity tool for the individual broker. Not enough space in the edit controls here to describe the issues and solutions.

Pros: I've only used the transaction feature so far, but web response is very good. Navigation is clearly organized. Timeline concept and reminders are a valuable feature. Pipeline revenue design is very well thought out. The biggest value is the transaction due dates. We don't have transaction coordinators, so software that does the obvious (contect due dates based on contract events) eliminates the need for a support employee which is really expensive. The only problem is, I can't control the accuracy. See cons
I like I can save custom views of contacts, but it's going to be a mess when I'm a few years into this. See cons. The calendar feature is an excellent value feature. I can see clearly what I need to do on any given day. This could save me a ton of time; except I can't fix incorrect dates. See cons

Cons: Only one of my two transactions is in the pipeline. No indication why. This is a major defect. What if I had dozens; it would be impossible to know my pipeline is not accurate if just one small transaction were missing. Contacts need a filter option, which requires attributes on contacts. For example, it's unlikely a seller contact will be needed again, or at least within 5 years. No big deal when I'm starting, but when I've had 300+ people over the years it gets unwieldy. The filtering option is very inefficient. It's 7 clicks to find all my clients, and 7 more to undo it. Worse, there's no U/I indicating my filter is in place. While I can create custom filters, I can't select more than one "type". So creating a "Vendors" list is impossible as there are many types of vendors, many types of clients. Transaction due dates simply aren't trustworthy. Since I can't edit the date of a document, I can't fix the dates to match reality. For example, inspection contingencies have dates that change more than once depending on responses.

Justin M.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/12

"Brokermint is great for transaction management but could be better"

Comments: Overall I would say that Brokermint is definitely worth the cost. There is a lot of value and it's relativity easy for even a new user to understand and use. There is some room for improvement and their customer service is very responsive.

Pros: I like the ease in setting up Brokermint. Adding fields and drop-down menus on transactions makes it very easy to customize the layout.

Cons: The reporting feature is not as user friendly or robust. You are limited on the number of columns to display and the layout of the reports make them difficult to look at. You can export them to CSV files which is helpful though.

Sarah C.
Real Estate Agent
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/24

"I love Brokermint!"

Pros: I love this software because it is easy to use and really great for tracking. I love that it has a pipeline feature and it is very user friendly! I enjoy how easy it is to track my commissions, manage my transactions, and also have the tracking feature in order to use for the future. Another great thing about it is the integrations with different websites I use daily.

Cons: I think the only thing I don't like about the software is that I don't take advantage of everything it has to offer. I am learning about it more and more and getting to know the software and I think it has much more to offer than what I am utilizing.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/24
Kyle R.
Kyle R.
Transaction Coordinator
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/19

"Great for transactions, average on reporting"

Comments: Brokermint has been great for our transaction processes, and storing documents for reference later. They have customer support which is pretty responsive, and it seems like they are constantly looking for ways to improve. Some of the data is clunky, but it does the trick!

Pros: Brokermint is wonderful and extremely flexible when it comes to commissions in transactions. If there are credits to our clients, referral fees, or costs that need to be taken out pre- or post-split, it can all be done.

Cons: The reporting feature is a bit complex to use. Our team has run multiple reports with the same criteria (from different launch points) and we get different answers/totals. So it just seems a bit unreliable. Might need some streamlining or a better tagging system.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/19
Jeremy F.
Team leader

"Feldman Group Review"

Comments: Overall it's been a positive experience - keeps my team on track and I can quickly/easily see where we are with our various deals... as my business grows it will be more & more instrumental in keeping us organized.

Pros: The ability to keep my team organized on each transaction... and see what tasks must be done and which are upcoming

Cons: the commission feature is clunky and confusing... it could definitely be easier to use... Also - PLEASE - I would love to have an app that stays logged in!!
The "remember me" feature does not work.
I frequently need to quickly access a document and it's frustrating to have to log in on my phone every time...
Inside the app, if there was a way to quickly access all documents and just search by property, that would be very helpful as well...

Scott R.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/05

"Large KW team user, not a brokerage"

Comments: Brokermint has served our team well as we have adapted it to our needs but there is still room for improvement on the real estate team side in terms of features. It is very clear this tool is used for Brokerages but there is a large overlap of need between small brokerages and large teams. I think it would help if Brokermint could identify this and help support the needed features of a sales team.
Lastly, the Brokermint support team has been friendly and helpful but somewhat frustrating when most of the calls into them result in them telling us the feature we are asking about is not created or possible and we should simply request the development team to create it through their online community. We have done this and requests have gone unanswered or addressed for years.

Pros: We really like the checklist feature and the ability to copy and modify them easily. The ability to see everyone's checklist task through the calendar tab is crucial and much appreciated.

Cons: We dislike the ability to create different transaction types. Brokermint currently restricts use to only two, listing or pending. It would be incredibly helpful if we had a few more categories or the ability to create our own such as a "buyer" with no property address assigned. This would allow for checklists to be assigned to the contact and documents to be saved in the system. It would also allow for our sales funnel to show an accurate representation of our business rather just listings and pending buyer/listings. The second large item we would like to see changed is the integration with Boomtown. Currently, it is only a one-way data feed, a transaction is recorded in Boomtown and then sent to Brokermint. We currently don't use this because it is backward to our workflow. We instead utilize Brokermint for all of our transaction management and simply Boomtown to keep a record of our clients. The ideal data flow would be once a transaction is entered in BrokerMint and either a listing or pending transaction, Boomtown then records it on the client's page as well. Additionally, if we could pull contact information through Boomtown into Brokermint that would save quite a bit of time.

by Brokermint on 2019/07/01

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your feedback!

Your Support rep has sent you a link for training options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Linda M.

"Real Estate Software"

Comments: With REO work, there a many tasks that must be completed BEFORE it becomes a listing. With Traditional, checklists are needed after listing the property. This system allows consistency and efficiency for both products.

Pros: Only software on market usable for REO an traditional transactions. Easy to use. Ability to create custom reports and interface with other software systems. Love the mobility...use from office, Ipad and phone. Team always making improvements for increased efficiency.

Cons: Inability to keep track of expenses. Created a workaround so it works for me.

Margie G.
Transaction Manager/Coordinator

"Work in Progress"

Comments: Overall, I give this system 2 stars. Again, I would never use this platform for a high volume coordination. It has the potential to be great however. I have worked out of various platforms, and this is as low as dot loop and paperless pipline.

Pros: I love how easy it is to set up a file. And how quickly it splits and assigns documents.

Cons: I don't like that it doesn't split over 300 pages. Doesn't show the transaction "id/email" to forward documents into the file on header when in the file (you have to go to docs, then select unsorted). I do not like how poorly made the it is to set up a checklist. Very insidious process. Be great if the following items were in the header : Year built, purchase price, transaction id/email, commission amount).
I also don't like how you have go back and forth from checklist to unsorted docs, to add new document name and make it applicable/required in order to file the doc. very time consuming. As a TC, I could never use this platform for a high volume.

by Brokermint on 2019/06/20

Hi, Shelly
Thanks for the feedback. Your Account Rep has sent you a link for training options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Deena H.
Seller Concierge
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/26

"Brokermint makes every day easier"

Comments: Brokermint has made our overall office processes much easier between listings coming on, homes under contract and transaction processes overview as a whole. Running a busy office can be chaotic so having the proper systems in place is paramount. Brokermint has made that easier.

Pros: Overall the product has been easy to use. We use the software to run a large, high producing team and it has allowed us to easily manage files in a paperless manner while tracking timelines, contract processes and make business decisions based on the ease of being able to see volume, agent production and what is in the pipeline.

Cons: We would like to see a better integration with Docusign as it is more widely used than the built-in E-sign technology within Brokermint. Would also love the ability to easily print reports to a pdf file instead of exporting to Excel.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/26
Jeff P.
Jeff P.
U.S. Corn Farmers vs. Syngenta Class Action Lawsuit
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/23

"Brokermint are always part of the solutions and never part of the problems."

Pros: Ease of use for all of our agents, even the not so tech friendly. Brokermint has not only given us a web based solution, they have allowed us to go completely paperless. This is huge for a fast growing real estate brokerage. We have a serious injury and wrongful death law firm and a fast growing real estate company. Partnering with Brokermint early on has allowed us to grow our real estate business without sluggish bottlenecks. If swift, accurate and compliant transactions are one of your goals, with the ability to track your agents progress while having timely reporting, then Brokermint is a must have.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/23
Rebekah H.
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/16

"Go Paperless"

Comments: Love Brokermint, it really has everything you need in one spot. The checklists are clutch, they help the office and the agent keep on tasks, with reminders and overdue items showing up in red. I don't think I could ever go back to paper files after being spoiled with this.

Pros: This is a must have for real estate office going paperless. There is not a need to have paper files any longer. Everything is organized and all in one place and I love it. There are checklists to keep everyone on track and contact information that is customizable on each transaction.

Cons: There are those oddball transactions that don't fit the usual standard checklists, a co-list agent either or a buy or sell side that doesn't really work with Brokermint. This happens so infrequently though, it doesn't hinder day to day business.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/16
Marianne M.
Office Manger/Realtor
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/29

"Brokermint Real Estate Transaction Software"

Comments: Fantastic tool for Real Estate Transactions. Helps to keep everyone organized and on the same page. E-signature is easy to use. Seamless paperless workflow.

Pros: Great organization tool, sleek design, user friendly, completely paperless, easy to pull reports, integrates with MLS and Google.

Cons: Inability for side by side transaction checklist view, there are times when the software is slow to load.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/29
Jorgette C.
Realtor
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/12

"Love Brokermint"

Comments: Love using it has been a great tool to add to our tool belts!

Pros: I like that it's more than just a signing platform. Being able to communicate between myself and my transaction coordinator on a particular transaction has made the process so much smoother from start to finish. There is no confusion for the clients on where or what they are signing, it is very easy to use. I would recommend Brokermint to anyone looking for a smooth and simple program from contract to close!

Cons: Dislikes are loosing uploaded files when you unassign something in order to keep the file together and not require multiple emails asking for multiple signatures.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/12
David O.
Broker Associate

"Brokermint Review"

Pros: The drop and drag feature and Docusign integration

Cons: The time it takes to load the screens and when you have many docs to split they don't all fit on the same screen.

Ann B.
Broker/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/04

"Good experience. Good customer support."

Comments: Agents like it better than DTR. that we had before.

Pros: Easy to use and the customer service support is wonderful. Good value for money and overall quality is pretty good. I like the clean look. Sometimes agents get confused with the drop downs because they aren't obvious.

Cons: Needs to have a fully functional accounting integration (not quickbooks) with ledgers and bank integration. Would like more graphics and/or color coding. Needs to have a better layout for the commission Disbursement page with more info.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Audrey P.
Administrator

"Brokermint"

Comments: Brokermint was a learning experience but is easy to use once mastered.

Pros: Accessibility of uploaded files and having access to our other RE/MAX offices files

Cons: It takes a lot of time to upload everything into the program, the least thing I like is having to upload everything once we have a fallen sale and have to put it back as an active listing, it would be nice if we could copy / clone and just take out the things that are not relevant anymore instead of having to make a whole new listing.

John C.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/26

"Needs much improvement"

Comments: Overall the system has great potential, however there are quite a few things that need to be fixed. Their development team is constantly working on updates and changes to make it more user friendly but they have a ways to go. Their customer service team is a bit of a challenge as some times it takes a while to get a response or answer to a question. Sometimes I only have to wait a few minutes, others have taken as long as a week. At the end of our contract we absolutely have no intention of renewing.

Pros: The system allows you and agents to see pipline, as well as allows you to create customer views of transaction, assign multiple compensation plans, and has an integrated esign platform.

Cons: The system was designed with only 2 status options which are either listing or pending. The challenge is with real estate, not all transactions are going to be Pending right away, if you want to add stages, you have to create a custom field creating more work. Additionally when it comes to the financial reporting if you charge additional fees to the customer such as transaction fees if you don't want them to count toward any cap plans, then you wont be able to track these are part of the office net. The system is not very user friendly especially for those who are less tech savy then your average person. The biggest negative is that they lock you into a 1 year contract and there is absolutely no way to cancel if you are not happy. Any software company that locks you into an agreement with no way to get out is not worth the energy or effort.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/26
Greg S.
Broker/Owner - Team Leader

"We love this system!"

Comments: Increased efficiency, Accountability and a streamline, end to end process!!

Pros: The ability to have reporting and transaction management all the way through to closing and payroll has increased our overall efficiency. The ability to create tasks and align them with the proper person has created accountability throughout our office. We closed 58 deals in may of 2019! Our best yet and there is no way we could have done it as smoothly without Brokermint!

Cons: We are still not using the E-Sign and forms portion of the software, mainly due to a huge learning curve. We have 19 people using Dotloop currently and we would love to get everyone on BM but the learning curve has been steep. I am seeing improvements and we hope one day to be fully integrated with this feature.

Betty M.
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/23

"Brokermint"

Comments: I really like Brokermint, the website itself is simple to troubleshoot if you are to get a better product, be ready to spend more. I think this tool would work well for any brokerage with less agents. I never got overwhelmed by their system.

Pros: Brokermint is a wonderful tool, it mostly works how you would want it, making it so easy for agents to use with little or no training. The layout set up is wonderful and easy to navigate. Top-notch customer service, my chats are always answered within a few minutes.
Anytime I have something I can't figure out or I want to change, I do have a quick response where the problem would be pointed out and explained or they have it changed for me.

Cons: One problem is it can't track emails regarding agents docs. You also can't save an e-sign document draft, then come and complete it later.
Search engine is nowhere to be found on the approval screen. Incomplete transaction should also be red on the approval screen how it has been marked on the transaction screen.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/23
Molly B.
Secretary
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/05

"Brokermint is the best software for a business!"

Comments: We have a very good experience when using Brokermint, it is a tremendously good software, and it is very easy to adjust it to the type of business you have, as the business needs are.
The service of the brokermint staff is also very good, as our experience shows, whenever we had a problem, they always helped us with the greatest service.

Pros: We are a real estate brokerage firm, We use Brokermint for our business needs, as keeping track of files we have open, whatever is pending, and what has been closed or cancelled. Brokermint is exceptionally good, and we use it daily.

Cons: there is nothing actually not good about it. We use it and enjoy it truly!!