Google Cloud Platform Reviews

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,3 /5

About Google Cloud Platform

Cloud Platform is a set of modular cloud-based services that allow you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications.

Learn more about Google Cloud Platform

Showing 1 038 reviews

Gaurav G.
Data Analyst
Food & Beverages, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/29

"Robust clickstream data storage and analysis tool"

Comments: My overall experience with Google Cloud Platform has been satisfactory. I have been able to work with IT to import marketing campaigns data from multiple sources and store them for querying by analysts in my team. Due to scalability and stability of databases in GCP, I can keep moving more marketing data without worrying about slowing down the databases or crashing them. So, all analytics pulled using this imported data can populate a dashboard and keep it updated with fresh insights. Which helps in driving higher ROI.

Pros: My marketing team uses Google Cloud Platform to collect Google Analytics clickstream data and marry it with structured data from other sources. I analyze that correlated dataset using SQL queries. Some benefits I see off using GCP: I can access data online using a Google email address which I already use for other Google tools. I can export the data extract using Google Sheets and store it in Google Drive. I can import additional data by setting up a daily feed from Google Analytics. So, I get the benefits of a relational database with ability to scale using Google servers.

Cons: Google Cloud Platform is great for importing datasets from Google Analytics and other Google suite tools. But from tools which are not in the Google eco system, it involves heavy lift from ETL developers or architects. Additionally, GCP Bigquery tool has a limit on the volume of queries an analyst can run. Once that limit or cap is crossed, companies have to pay extra. So, using the LIMIT command in SQL becomes critical to limit the numbers of rows. Also, there is a challenge of legacy SQL vs. current version because they use different syntax.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/29
Michelle M.
Consultant
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/28

"Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting"

Comments: True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Pros: I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned to test. I also like the fact that Google de facto billing procedure at the end of their free trial is to pause your service, not ding your credit card. Finally, I was impressed with the list of Always Free services that Google makes available through this service. Also, my Wordpress runs faster on this platform than I have ever seen it run besides being locally hosted. Seriously impressive. Also, think about all that time you spend trying to get your web site's info INTO GOOGLE. Well, this way, they already have it because it's in their data center!

Cons: I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you a way to use their cloud computing engine to set up a web server. You can, however, pay for higher levels of support if you need them. Also, if I hadn't watched a YouTube video specifically explaining how to get the least expensive virtual machine setup, I wouldn't have known how to do it - if you're new to VM, you're going to want to either get some advice or educate yourself a little bit in advance.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/28
Sébastien L.
Directeur
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/16

"An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related"

Comments: The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

Pros: In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

Cons: Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/16
Richard I.
Chief Door Stop
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/04

"Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment"

Comments: I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Pros: The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for testing, and bringing in 'tested' environments into production status. For the most part, I've found the Google Cloud Platform tools deploy very quickly, so there isn't much downtime as you want to ramp up additional resources. I've also found their billing platform one of the best if you have clients you're setting these resources as you can create independent billing accounts like you might in Google Adwords.

Cons: My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly offer up the estimated monthly expense. I've had a few painful surprises over the years so watch your billing estimates carefully. My next gripe is both positive and negative: Google Cloud is always improving their service offerings (this is positive), but often their improvements roll out as a different product with no clear way to migrate from say Compute Engine (older product) to their Kubernetes Engine (new product).

• Reviewed on 2018/06/04
Harmony B.
Pastor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/11

"What my thoughts are about google cloud platform."

Comments: I solve data storage problems and help scale back the amount of human error. At the same time, I am able to run data smoothly and efficiently in a beat and orderly fashion.

Pros: I like the fact that you can store an unlimited amount of space as an online back up. If your computer has a major power surge and fries, your work and documents are saved and you have not lost everything.

Cons: I think that there should be an option where you can make the background and fonts a more laid back description instead of always having it professional. I really also don’t really care for how everything is connected to the google—-everything branches out from it.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/11
Emily G.
Customer Service Support Manager
Food & Beverages, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/02

"My experience using Google Cloud has been excellent"

Comments: Google Cloud have all that I need once I got the opportunity to make a record for my work. It's a web device where I can without much of a stretch make a record, likewise, it's a unique format for introduction or basically decent covering for the doc, it is anything but difficult to impart to associates or companions, I can simply duplicate the connection and gives access to my archive and everybody welcomed individuals will get an email.

Pros: I'm glad that I can utilize Google Cloud at my work and make my documentation inside the quick and most effortless strategy it doesn't rely on my PC operational framework so I can remain quiet that this documentation will be spared and not lost. it's simple and open to everybody. I feel it works incredible for group arranging or business-related assignment. I additionally appreciate the very truth that everyone can alter the archive.

Cons: What I lean toward least about this product is that occasionally records are frequently incidentally lost. It can turn out to be extremely hard to search out some of my archives. It is frequently hard to utilize at first and to encourage won't to it. I feel it took me some time to really be recognizable.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/02
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/10

"Host applications with ease over the most efficient cloud platform - Google Cloud Platform"

Comments: We have our internal as well as client applications deployed on multi-cloud architecture, and I have personally worked over all the available cloud platforms. We also have built our own cloud architecture for internal purposes. However, by far Google Cloud Platform services are by far one of the best services available in the market. Reliance, cost and performance, all collectively considered, GCP would never disappoint any serious user and who actually wants to ease to deploy and channelize effectiveness to all its customers.

Pros: 1. Amazing online community and support documents are available.
2. Supports the complete VM model and micro-services such as managed Kubernetes infrastructure as well.
3. Sole-tenant models are also available - In case you have confidential data to be hosted on applications and cannot take any chance to share your cloud infrastructure with other customers, you can have a dedicated infrastructure, all for you organisations use.
4. Complete on-prem systems can be migrated to Google Cloud Platform with help of engineers from Google.
5. Cost-effective and pay when used model, which helps organisations save funds.
6. Software Development Kit available for Google Cloud Platform, which can be used widely for any service and all via a command-line interface.

Cons: 1. Very granular features are available on the platform which allows users to create custom solutions, but can become a little challenging to set up initially due to a large feature set available.
2. The platform heavily rely on the Internet, therefore stable network with large bandwidth is required so as to run the platform consistently.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/10
Renan S.
Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/28

"I was an early adopter and I will not change it"

Comments: Early adopter in France - Google Cloud Platform saved my life.
I self host my websites with GCP and it provides me such freedom of use. I guess some other platforms started later on and I am not saying they are not worthy but why would I change while I am so satisfied with their services.
GCP is free for a while, time for you to test everything.
When you know what you need you can scale precisely all ressources or tools, then you are charged very fairly whichever your use cases are.
I took benefit of the free trial to discover other technologies I didn't know so much about when that time. I have experimented deep learning/AI applications for music creativity by instance - honestly I would say the only limit is your imagination !

Pros: - Will cover ALL your needs for cloud computing
- Knowing how much complex these IT systems are, it is quite easy to use
- Fair fees
- Best technologies available
- Great documentation and community
- Includes Google Maps (with API)
- Free trial period allows you to test a lot of features for free

Cons: - GCP gives so much freedom over technology it gets hard sometimes, but how can it be else ?

• Reviewed on 2019/04/28
Rahul D.
Technical deliverability Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Quality Feature"

Pros: Google cloud platform is best source to share data without any hardware transfer. It's easy to transfer data from one corner to another corner of world with help of internet connection. Even It provides 15 Gb free space for lifetime and we can also buy extra spacewith little price.

Cons: Only thing I don't like is that when we download file It takes time for file zipping for large file. Untill now I did not find any other drawback in compare to other platform.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Scott S.
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/19

"Hard to go wrong with the Google Cloud Platform"

Comments: I run a small website agency and we use Google Cloud Platform as part of our day to day. Email, sheets, calendar, contact, My Business, YouTube, and love the quick access to tons of day to day tools, that we regularly use. I also can easily manage my clients' accounts with the click of a button. Really easy and efficient.

Pros: The array of tools is very impressive, intuitive to use, and well organized in the sense that you don't have to go looking for individual apps. They're all easily accessed via a single dropdown.

Cons: Honestly, I really like everything, except the Gmail part. I just really prefer Outlook's layout. Google's is really clunky in my opinion. Adding a simple folder is not nearly as seamless as Outlook, for example. and they call it a "label" for some reason. If it's even an option, I haven't figured out how to sort the inbox like you can easily do in Outlook, like sorting by contact, date, etc. I limp through email but wish it was better.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/19
Chamath N.
Chief Technology Officer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/21

"Easy to use infrastructure to analyze big data and queries"

Comments: For basic usage this platform would be fine, as it does the job and does analyze the data and to an extend big queries. If you are looking for a professional platform for your startup or any type of large data, then you might want to go for other programs. If you have your data already built and would use it to perform queries or analyze the data, than Google Cloud Platform would be ideal. In conclusion it is not a bad option to go for, the user just has to make sure this is the ideal program to analyze your data.

Pros: Pros -
- Google cloud platform has been my go-to software for managing Big Data
- Great performance (Manages Big Queries and Data analysis)
- Easy to use
- Speed (Minute level increments. High speed)
- Servers (It can be used with many servers such as Windows or Linux)
- Easy Set-up (it can be used through graphic user interface)
- Pre configures servers (if you don’t want to set up the configuration, they have standard configurations you can use)
- Price (cheaper than many other platforms)
- Networking (up to 16 gbps)

Cons: Cons - - Google Cloud Platform works great for big data, but is not the most professional it seems to be a bit outdated
- Updates (it seems like when other platforms have updates, GCP can’t seem to catch up, and has now become outdated)
- Time (it may take more time to process the information than other platforms do)
- First Draft (It feels as it was an initial beta version and are yet to release the final version of the platform)
- Management (there is limited management)

• Reviewed on 2019/03/21
Gayle S.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/15

"Wow Cloud"

Comments: I use google cloud to store most if not all of my documentation for you paperwork at my job. It is easy to navigate though saved documents.

Pros: The google cloud platform is amazing in my opinion. You can save your documents on it without worrying about loosing them. Just think about it, it's google so you know their cloud is very secure to hold all your documentation or even your personal work. You can set up a Google account to access the cloud and your will never run out of space. At least I have not. Saving documentation so you can access it from anywhere. All you have to do is sign into your Google account.

Cons: Once in a great while the cloud takes a while to load. However, this could be on my end but I'm not quite sure.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/15
Daniel C.
Business Development Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/21

"A more cost effective yet powerful cloud solution"

Comments: We've been able to move from dropbox, to google (a cheaper solution) saving us thousands. As we use gsuite for our emails, it makes sense to unify both our needs under one platform.

Pros: It allows for all files to be stored in a team and/or personal environment. It also allows for files in different formats to be accessed by google's suite of tools.

Cons: The UI could be more intuitive - we have had some issues with user adoption and learning of the google environment.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/21
Data Scientist
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/26

"Google Cloud easy on the pocket"

Comments: My overall experience with Google Cloud Platform was good as it gave me the flexibility required to do my work. The cost factor is what makes it my ultimate choice for VMs but not for ML.

Pros: The price factor is what makes it most effective. I got $300 of free credit to experiment with it and there was no cap on how much I could spend per month. My objective was to get data from Twitter using their API. It was easy for me to set up the VMs which cost less than AWS and Azure. The user interface was easy and did not require much of an effort for me to edit the settings for what was required.

Cons: What I dislike is that there are some features which are not available and that's what make it unfeasible. Plus, the billing options are not front and center. One must really drill down to find it and to understand how to stop being billed for services not needed. There needs to be more prompts to inform the user what they will be charged for. When I removed my billing information, they refused to accept them again unless I sent proof of ID.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/26
Almond joseph M.
Web Programmer
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/25

"A cloud platform that with tons of options for you"

Comments: I have been using this product for years and earning small adsense dollars while not paying anything for my server.

Pros: The standard platform of Google Cloud, which is PAAS, has free tier which is perfect for starting your own website. It scales automatically so developers dont have to worry about sudden spike on the website. The flexible runtime has tons of options ranging from linux to microsoft server, the pricing is almost as cheap as AWS. It's good to use when you want more control of the system.

Cons: The pricing model could get complicated really fast, the learning curve on the PAAS side is a bit harder when you're new to programming.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/25
Mook L.
senior software engineer
Retail, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/23

"GCP is a Cloud Service provider for Cloud computation"

Comments: good but learning experience

Pros: it has a pretty good documentation
the cost seems pretty much cheaper when compared to other service providers like aws and azure
easy to integrate with other google services by adding API's,
google cloud storages are highly durable storage system and it supports multiple region of storage
it is the same platform used by the google search and youtube,
google gmail SSO can be integrated with our web aps

Cons: the web UI could have been improved , made user friendly,
the addition of API's is a overhead task, cant it be automatically added or suggested

• Reviewed on 2020/03/23
Lockdown
Automotive, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/08

"Google Cloud"

Comments: Overall, I really enjoyed it! It was user friendly and I'd definitely recommend it.

Pros: What I most liked about this software was the ability to share files. I worked along side the other two people in my position on second and third shift and it was imperative that we be able to send things back and forth in a quick and easy way as our job required us to be multitasking constantly.

Cons: What we had the most difficulty with was not so much with the app itself, but with our management department. The cloud we were given access to was a Gentex account so if someone new needed to be added on, it was difficult to get them access right away and often times that would cause problems for us on the floor or someone else would have to step in in the meantime.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/08
Kasey B.
Adjuct Professor of Political Science
Management Consulting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/11

"Google cloud is simply the standard"

Pros: This might be a little risky, but at this point, I trust all my backup data to be stored on Google cloud. It never goes down, it is always accessible, runs on mobile and desktops and never runs out of space. I'm not sure what else you expect since google offers nearly everything to do to the public free of charge unless you are needing massive amounts of data.

Cons: There is some issues getting it to work properly when it links in and out of Outlook servers. Though I suspect this is not a google issue but more on Outlook which tends to be total garbage.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/11
Ishan S.
Co Founder
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/03

"Fast, Reliable & Cheap"

Comments: Love it

Pros: I find it much better and Amazon Web Services for the following reason: 1) It is cheaper
2) Has much better interface
3) Great mobile application
4) The logging in the serve feater from browser is very helpful and saves time

Cons: Still lags a lot of services with amazon has to offer but gets the job done if you are looking to build something not too complex.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/03
Media Director
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/31

"Google Cloud Platform Review for Advertising Agency"

Comments: I primarily used this program to share documents between teams, offices, and agencies, and overall has been a great experience.

Pros: One solution hub for all of Google's Cloud-based programs, including Calendar, Photos, Sheets, Docs, etc. I love the idea that there is a central storage for all of these and you can easily access from various devices, including Mobile App and Google Chrome Browser.

Cons: Since there are so many products available, it can get a bit overwhelming, but having multiple options is typically a good thing.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/31
Dan G.
Data scientist
Research, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/11

"Reliability above all"

Pros: We implemented a cloud platform 2 years ago. It is important for us to keep documents in a safe place, since some of them are of great interest to many companies. Due to the presence of two-factor protection, we can not be afraid that information will leak into the network. This is a huge plus compared to other platforms.

Cons: There is a problem with displaying images in documents and displaying thumbnails on the previews. Most often, the problem is observed with large files, less often with small files.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/11
Amanda S.
Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/21

"Its a great working tool for anyone and for any company no matter how big or small"

Pros: I like that you can easily access files, no matter how important or how trivial, anywhere. I like how you can share documents, edit documents with others, at the same time or at different times. I also like that you can create emails for users and manage them from the admin console. And the autosave mode saves a lot of headaches! Plus, the fact that I can edit documents on my phone? Amazing! It has really become a powerful and useful buisness tool.

Cons: I don't like how sometimes documents take too long to load. I would also like the phone app to be a bit more user friendly and the potential to use more features available on the desktop version.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/21
Ilan F.
CCO
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/07

"Cloud"

Comments: I will never go back. Working in a cloud environment makes my life much simpler.

Pros: life before I started to use the cloud platform and life afterwords is very different. It is so easy to work from multiple locations and keep information safe, The office, the law library or the court are all spaces where I can access the material fast and easy

Cons: I guess the biggest challenge is a filing system. With so many folders it is easy to forget where you saved the material

• Reviewed on 2020/01/07
Taylor H.
Student Pastor
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/04

"Google Cloud has helped me save time, money and important information. Can't live without it!"

Pros: I love that all of my important professional documents (budget reviews, proposals, projects, plans, lessons, etc.) and all of my personal documents (letters, photos, videos, etc.) are all safe and sound in the cloud. I can never lose them and can always access them....what's better than that?!

Cons: The only thing I like least about this software is whenever I don't have internet, I can't access my stuff. It's a small thing that really can't be fixed, but it's still unfortunate.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Rizwan S.
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/23

"It is from Google :)"

Comments: Its a good platform. All of your services are integrated and its secure.

Pros: Google Cloud Platform is a great tool for collaboration. It is a very productive tool if used correctly. There is no learning curve if you are a computer user and you know a thing or two about spread sheets or word you can start collaborating.

Cons: A lot of new things are in testing phase so you cannot trust those features. Admin side is a bit complex. Somewhat browser dependent like its more suitable with chrome

• Reviewed on 2018/01/23