Google Cloud Platform Reviews

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,3 /5

About Google Cloud Platform

Cloud Platform is a set of modular cloud-based services that allow you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications.

Learn more about Google Cloud Platform

Showing 1 064 reviews

Max P.
Manager, Professional Services & IT
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/27

"The Cloud Platform to build on for any startup."

Comments: I have worked at two startups now and both were started on EC2 and transitioning to GCP. The costs are almost 50% less at GCP than EC2 and the support at Google to get started is much greater than the massive AWS. The services and Vms are super easy to use and setup. And if your company is on Gsuite, then user management is great. Will always plan on deploying new programs and projects on GCP for foreseeable future.

Pros: Google Cloud Platform is very easy to get started with compared to other clouds. There is free training videos and courses. The costs are among the lowest of all cloud platforms.

Cons: At the beginning compute resources ran out in datacenters that you were already in and using. Also, sometimes features are depreciated or changed to paying for. There is a few months notice on those but still an inconvenience.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/27
Nolan W.
Teacher
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/05

"The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming"

Comments: My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

Pros: Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

Cons: Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/05
Director of IT
Retail, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/29

"Google Cloud is a game changer in the Cloud Hosting Game"

Comments: It has been an excellent experience migrating premised based equipment from our data centers in the Google Cloud. The process went extremely well with minimal disruption of our business.

Pros: Google Cloud's ability to not only use the GUI interface but also the CLI interface makes it extremely valuable.

Cons: The user interface is confusing for users coming from AWS or Microsoft Azure. There is a learning curve for people who are not familiar with CLI

• Reviewed on 2020/09/29
Richard I.
Chief Door Stop
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/04

"Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment"

Comments: I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Pros: The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for testing, and bringing in 'tested' environments into production status. For the most part, I've found the Google Cloud Platform tools deploy very quickly, so there isn't much downtime as you want to ramp up additional resources. I've also found their billing platform one of the best if you have clients you're setting these resources as you can create independent billing accounts like you might in Google Adwords.

Cons: My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly offer up the estimated monthly expense. I've had a few painful surprises over the years so watch your billing estimates carefully. My next gripe is both positive and negative: Google Cloud is always improving their service offerings (this is positive), but often their improvements roll out as a different product with no clear way to migrate from say Compute Engine (older product) to their Kubernetes Engine (new product).

• Reviewed on 2018/06/04
Emily G.
Customer Service Support Manager
Food & Beverages, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/02

"My experience using Google Cloud has been excellent"

Comments: Google Cloud have all that I need once I got the opportunity to make a record for my work. It's a web device where I can without much of a stretch make a record, likewise, it's a unique format for introduction or basically decent covering for the doc, it is anything but difficult to impart to associates or companions, I can simply duplicate the connection and gives access to my archive and everybody welcomed individuals will get an email.

Pros: I'm glad that I can utilize Google Cloud at my work and make my documentation inside the quick and most effortless strategy it doesn't rely on my PC operational framework so I can remain quiet that this documentation will be spared and not lost. it's simple and open to everybody. I feel it works incredible for group arranging or business-related assignment. I additionally appreciate the very truth that everyone can alter the archive.

Cons: What I lean toward least about this product is that occasionally records are frequently incidentally lost. It can turn out to be extremely hard to search out some of my archives. It is frequently hard to utilize at first and to encourage won't to it. I feel it took me some time to really be recognizable.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/02
Renan S.
Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/28

"I was an early adopter and I will not change it"

Comments: Early adopter in France - Google Cloud Platform saved my life.
I self host my websites with GCP and it provides me such freedom of use. I guess some other platforms started later on and I am not saying they are not worthy but why would I change while I am so satisfied with their services.
GCP is free for a while, time for you to test everything.
When you know what you need you can scale precisely all ressources or tools, then you are charged very fairly whichever your use cases are.
I took benefit of the free trial to discover other technologies I didn't know so much about when that time. I have experimented deep learning/AI applications for music creativity by instance - honestly I would say the only limit is your imagination !

Pros: - Will cover ALL your needs for cloud computing
- Knowing how much complex these IT systems are, it is quite easy to use
- Fair fees
- Best technologies available
- Great documentation and community
- Includes Google Maps (with API)
- Free trial period allows you to test a lot of features for free

Cons: - GCP gives so much freedom over technology it gets hard sometimes, but how can it be else ?

• Reviewed on 2019/04/28
Rahul D.
Technical deliverability Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Quality Feature"

Pros: Google cloud platform is best source to share data without any hardware transfer. It's easy to transfer data from one corner to another corner of world with help of internet connection. Even It provides 15 Gb free space for lifetime and we can also buy extra spacewith little price.

Cons: Only thing I don't like is that when we download file It takes time for file zipping for large file. Untill now I did not find any other drawback in compare to other platform.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Scott S.
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/19

"Hard to go wrong with the Google Cloud Platform"

Comments: I run a small website agency and we use Google Cloud Platform as part of our day to day. Email, sheets, calendar, contact, My Business, YouTube, and love the quick access to tons of day to day tools, that we regularly use. I also can easily manage my clients' accounts with the click of a button. Really easy and efficient.

Pros: The array of tools is very impressive, intuitive to use, and well organized in the sense that you don't have to go looking for individual apps. They're all easily accessed via a single dropdown.

Cons: Honestly, I really like everything, except the Gmail part. I just really prefer Outlook's layout. Google's is really clunky in my opinion. Adding a simple folder is not nearly as seamless as Outlook, for example. and they call it a "label" for some reason. If it's even an option, I haven't figured out how to sort the inbox like you can easily do in Outlook, like sorting by contact, date, etc. I limp through email but wish it was better.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/19
Prabhat J.
Backend Engineer ( Data Infrastructure)
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/14

"Fast growing Cloud platform with plenty of cloud services ,cloud support and less cost"

Comments: I will recommend it to my friends anyday. Highly useful.

Pros: Google cloud is fastest growing Cloud platform with plenty of cloud services and less cost that Azure and AWS. It is true that currently its on number 3 , but with growth and features added I am confident it will be
an interesting competition between these three. I am using GCP from my college days , when they offered me $300 to use the cloud resources, that was a good strategy to make students aware from GCP platform.
They offer, plenty of storage services, instance services other infrastructure like load balancer, messaging queue and many others

Cons: It should have come first in the market, I am using all gcp platform and I
really appreciate all features I have used so far.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/14
Louis J.
Managing Director
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/07

"Enterprise Cloud platform however the support is not fantastic"

Comments: Google Cloud allowed us to host our product in a secure and reliable datacentre from a market leader within the UK, giving total piece of mind, however the level of support can mean you need to spend extra on external professional services to assist.

Pros: It's easy to setup a Virtual Machine according to your specifications and flexible to upscale or downscale when required. It allows you to setup databases and storage and link them to the Virtual Machine and also group Virtual Machines in to logical groups, known as projects.

Cons: The Support is not fantastic - often they are there only to diagnose connectivity or up time rather than advising on feature issues or deployment problems - they will often say you need to pay for enhanced support or professional services.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/07
Precious E.
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/13

"Google Cloud Platform - Powerful Cloud Computing"

Pros: Google gives anyone the freedom to run cloud-based apps or computing processes for a token of what's obtainable at almost any other vendor. It has the ability to build powerful cloud servers on almost any platform, ranging from Debian, to CentOS, to Ubuntu, to Windows, etc. It gives the ease to upscale or downscale cloud server resources as needed per project. Its dashboard features an intuitive interface, live pricing when building new machines, etc.
Best of all, Google offers a free $300 credit for new verified signups to get a taste of its cloud services, which can go a long way in helping new developers finetune their projects before actually having to pay for anything.

Cons: Almost no complaints. Its high end GPUs are a bit expensive though. Also, when instances are created in other regions, some error keeps giving them USA as their location.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/13
Ryan F.
Technology Integration
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"Another win for the king"

Comments: The Cloud Platform is wonderful and truly an amazing way to connect. I am part of the IT staff for a school corporation and we have all of our employees using it. With it we can integrate multiple users into documents and projects, on their own time. No longer do we have to schedule certain times for every project and meeting alteration, now we can do it all real time from multiple locations. It is the most user friendly cloud environment that I have worked with.

Pros: Google's Cloud Platform allows you to seamlessly link, share, update, create, and manage all of your files. Anywhere. Anytime.

Cons: The biggest downside to the Cloud Platform is when using it on a cellular device, it can burn through a lot of data if you are uploading or downloading large files, such as photos and videos. So it is something to keep an eye on.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Gayle S.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/15

"Wow Cloud"

Comments: I use google cloud to store most if not all of my documentation for you paperwork at my job. It is easy to navigate though saved documents.

Pros: The google cloud platform is amazing in my opinion. You can save your documents on it without worrying about loosing them. Just think about it, it's google so you know their cloud is very secure to hold all your documentation or even your personal work. You can set up a Google account to access the cloud and your will never run out of space. At least I have not. Saving documentation so you can access it from anywhere. All you have to do is sign into your Google account.

Cons: Once in a great while the cloud takes a while to load. However, this could be on my end but I'm not quite sure.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/15
Bre M.
Advocacy Manager
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/14

"Type A's Rejoice"

Comments: I am so pleased with this software for both personal and professional use. It is incredibly easy to find just about anything in the cloud, and I often start, edit, and complete projects right in the platform. Sharing is simple, searching is simple. If I lost the cloud I truly don't know what I would do.

Pros: Google provides so much organization and so much integration that it becomes tough to use anything else! The cloud keep everything, even attachments from emails, and allows you to create endless folders and sub-folders to ensure nothing gets lost. I still have documents from five and six years ago stored in my cloud, and I could find them in seconds.

Cons: I have nothing bad to say about Google.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/14
Daniel C.
Business Development Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/21

"A more cost effective yet powerful cloud solution"

Comments: We've been able to move from dropbox, to google (a cheaper solution) saving us thousands. As we use gsuite for our emails, it makes sense to unify both our needs under one platform.

Pros: It allows for all files to be stored in a team and/or personal environment. It also allows for files in different formats to be accessed by google's suite of tools.

Cons: The UI could be more intuitive - we have had some issues with user adoption and learning of the google environment.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/21
Conrad F.
Full Stack Engineer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/20

"Google Cloud is Great"

Comments: It's been great, I have been on AppEngine standard environment for over 6 years with one of my services and am very pleased.

Pros: I use Google Appengine and Google Cloud SQL. I like that once setup I don't have to think about scaling my app at all and don't realy have to think about infrastructure. I can focus on developing my actual software code.

Cons: AppEngine can be a little tricky to setup whether you are on the Standard environment (limited libraries but faster deploys and cheaper) or the Flexible environment (totally infinite environment since you package everything up into a docker container, slower to deploy, more expensive) but once you do your infrastructure is done.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/20
Social Media Management and Marketing Expert
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/26

"Google cloud review"

Pros: Google is the best! Their cloud is the best software I have ever used. All my documents are stored in my cloud, I dont have to save, send, attach, all when I get to my account and everything is there. I love the fact that when I need a document that I created all I have to do is have the internet to sign in and have access to it. I also love the document feature that we can turn docs into pdfs. Super helpful in business!

Cons: There is absolutely nothing I do not like about the cloud platform. It is perfect for any type of business of any size.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/26
Michael M.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/16

"Of the big three, I love this cloud platform the best"

Comments: I run a number of server and docker containers. Setup, backup, and data storage couldn't be simpler. You simple enable the APIs you want to use and they are immediately available. The tools are top-notch and it is significantly easier to set up private networks than any other Cloud platform.

Pros: The administration on this platform is very simple to use and is able to project costs more accurately than the competition. The ongoing costs are generally less than competing platforms as well.

Cons: I have used AWS and Azure, and in comparison, I have no criticisms for the Google Cloud Platform. I feel it is secure, reliable and less expensive.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/16
Ian R.
albanymallwitnessing.com
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/19

"Awesome for App Development"

Comments: The Pros FAR outway any small inconvenience to the "cons". We really love this product and use it heavily.

Pros: Clear interface, easy to collaborate on code and development, lots of internal parts already built for us

Cons: You do have some limitations to app development and certain features you can develop or alter because you have to work within their parameters

• Reviewed on 2019/07/19
Dallyce B.
Director of Programs
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/02

"My documents are always safe and accessible!"

Pros: I loved being able to continue working on Google documents at home, that I had started on my work computer. Having my documents shared to a cloud made it perfectly simple and easy to access (and share) any place that an internet connection exists.

Cons: I have no frustration with the Google Cloud Platform. Maybe just re-learning how documents can be shared and 'saved' for those that have primarily used static documents and folders. It's more of a label system, not a sorting system.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/02
Ilan F.
CCO
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/07

"Cloud"

Comments: I will never go back. Working in a cloud environment makes my life much simpler.

Pros: life before I started to use the cloud platform and life afterwords is very different. It is so easy to work from multiple locations and keep information safe, The office, the law library or the court are all spaces where I can access the material fast and easy

Cons: I guess the biggest challenge is a filing system. With so many folders it is easy to forget where you saved the material

• Reviewed on 2020/01/07
Customer Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/16

"Google is the way of go"

Comments: It's pretty great and it's generally free. You can pay for it if you need more space/for business. What more could you ask for.

Pros: Google is the best thing ever. It is super easy and you can do whatever it that you may possibly need it for. I love the email categories.

Cons: More email customization would be great but I make do. Sometimes it thinks an email is not important when it really is. I've tried telling it to put it into the primary email but it doesn't for all of them.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/16
Can A.
Business Developer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/15

"Good Choice"

Pros: Ease of use, UI that I'm familiar with other google products and fast-response

Cons: Advanced features should be updated in the feature.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/15
Rafael R.
Junior Developer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/07

"Best way to save your company data"

Comments: Data storage and backups, we had problems with our server and almost lost everything, so this was a good workaround. It is super stable, scalable and a powerfull tool.

Pros: The power of this product and its versatility is amazing, also it is very easy to manage with different tools, the content on the internet is huge and also the comunity. Also it is very easy to install. The docummentation is pretty easy to find and have a lot of content to dig and take more advantage of the program.

Cons: Tools to manage your data are not as advanced or good as you can imagine, or maybe we are used to use other apps. There are security aspects that are more than a pain, because when configurating or giving access to users you will hit with some problems or things that you must do but you didn't know or are not explained very well.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/07