• Overall

About TravelBank

TravelBank is the all-in-one expense, travel, and card management platform, powering the solution for more than 20,000 companies.

Learn more about TravelBank

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used TravelBank before?

Niara P.
Niara P.
Operations Analyst in US

Quick but sometimes confusing

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Its an easy way to get reimbursed. I know that once I submit a charge, it will seamlessly be taken care of on the back end

Cons:

Sometimes the expense report vs individual charges gets confusing. I'll create a charge but cannot figure out how to put it in an expense report to submit it or how to submit it without using a whole report (I don't have many expenses so I am often only submitting one charge)

4 years ago

Thanks for the review Niara! You can submit expenses directly from the main "Expenses" screen by tapping "Submit" in the top-right on mobile, or clicking the 3-dot menu in the top-right on desktop; this will directly generate a report named "General Expenses" and submit it to your manager, and works great if you just have a few expenses each month. To assign expenses to a report, all you have to do is create a new report first from the "Reports" section of the menu. You can then create expenses directly from the new report you've just created. Also, each time you create a new expense from the main "Expenses" screen you can choose to assign it to any open Report. Hope that helps and let us know any time you have further questions or feedback!

Danny P.
Shop Manager in US
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

Expense Report Generator

5 last year

Comments: I emailed a question and had a response within a few hours.

Pros:

First, The ability to quickly take a photo of the receipt and later fill in the details when I have time. Second the ability to sync my credit card to the software, and third, I don't travel often but I do like the ability to be able to do all purchase and planning via this software.

Cons:

I've been using the software for a week and only added a few entries, so far I've had a seamless experience, As of now I haven't found any cons

last year

Hi Danny, we're glad you're having a great experience thus far, and enjoying our receipt capture, credit card sync, and customer support! If you run into any questions down the road, don't hesitate to reach out to us for help.

Steve P.
Customer Success Engineer in US

Why TravelBank sucks

1 3 years ago

Pros:

The chat feature is okay. Representatives will respond fairly quickly.

Cons:

When booking my flight to Bahrain, the following happened: 1. They only booked 4 of the 6 legs I requested, leaving my final destination as Kuwait City rather than Bahrain 2. They didn't add my frequent flyer number to the reservation as I had requested 3. My preferred airlines disappeared from the list the day I went to make my reservation. After waiting several hours, one of the airlines returned literally minutes before I was heading out of the office on a vacation. 4. My selected itinerary was originally in budget, but after entering my details and clicking the confirm button, the price magically jumped $200 and required my manager to approve. 5. Seat selection was not available on all legs, and the ones I selected were ignored when the system made my reservation.

3 years ago

Steve, we¿re so sorry about this difficult experience, as it¿s certainly not up to our standards. Your Customer Success Manager will work with you directly on making this up to you, and also rest assured that everything we¿ve learned from this situation will go towards improving the future experience for you and all of our other users. Please don¿t hesitate to reach out any time for any further feedback or questions!

Kandi P.
Office, Perks and Events Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 1 001-5 000 Employees

Travel Made Easier at Clearlink

5 3 years ago

Comments: As a large company, with locations in different states, and managers traveling to meet with clients, Clearlink was looking for a way to reduce travel spend, but overall have a seamless and streamlined user experience for booking travel. After demoing multiple platforms, Clearlink found TravelBank to be the ideal fit for our growing organization. Not only did TravelBank work heavily with us to refine our existing travel policy, their team is readily available for any questions that arise.

Pros:

The TravelBank platform is extremely user friendly and intuitive. Their goal is to have you book a flight from start to finish in under a few minutes, and the process is simple and streamlined to take the headache out of booking travel. Aesthetically, the software is clean, well organized and visually pleasing. Adding users is simple with mass uploads, and deactivating employees is just as easy.

Cons:

While not necessarily a con, TravelBank is continuing to develop new enhancements to their system, which means continued changes for our employees. That said, they’re positive changes! There are many items on the roadmap for this year, like rental cars, and as a company that has a high annual travel spend, we can already see we will rely heavily on the upcoming features. As a newer travel platform in an industry that hasn’t seen much change or innovation to travel, we’re excited to see the enhancements that are being made by TravelBank. As we continue to grow in headcount, the reporting capabilities could be increased to support our needs and provide deeper visibility into employee travel. Being able to integrate with an HRIS to remove the manual process of adding/deactivating users would be a nice addition.

Dj G.
Sr VP in US
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

Great change

5 10 months ago

Pros:

Coming from Concur, TravelBank's mobile app saves me and my team hours per month in expense reports due to easy of use and intuitiveness.

Cons:

Great to open and use. Hard to find or understand advanced capabilities. I feel like I'm likely not getting all that I could out of the app.

Lyle F.
Lyle F.
Co-Founder and CEO in US
Computer Games

Awesome modern app that's easy to setup!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Simple travel bookings and budgeting in a clean, clutter-free interface. All enterprise software should be like this.

Pat P.
Pat P.
Director of Evangelism in US

Easy Flight/Hotel Booking

5 3 years ago

Comments: I've booked a few flights and hotels with TravelBank. Good experience so far, responsive customer support when I did hit an issue.

Pros:

Web UI is up-to-date and user friendly Employees are rewarded for smart choices while companies save money

Cons:

Nothing really to dislike, to be honest. Some of the instructions passed through from the hotel was unclear, but that wasn't TravelBank's fault.

3 years ago

Hi Pat, thanks for the review and glad you're enjoying the rewards! If there is ever any confusion due to unclear instructions from the hotel, our customer support team is always on standby to help at [email protected]

James B.
VP of Sales in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Love it!!

5 8 months ago

Pros:

This makes keeping track of your expenses of breeze.

Cons:

None it works fantastic. I wish I would of discover it sooner.

Otis O.
Information Systems Manager in US
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees

Travel Bank review

5 7 months ago

Comments: extremely easy to use

Pros:

Easy to use great product for on the fly expense tracking.

Cons:

Nothing so far. Nothing so far. Nothing so Far

Kassandra R.
Office manager in US
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Great app

5 7 months ago

Comments: I love this app it was recommended to me and now this is all I use

Pros:

It helps keep my finances intac and so easy to download and send over to payroll.

Cons:

Wish you can add once you already submitted

Amulya S.
Regional Director in US
Hospitality, 501-1 000 Employees

Amazing App for an amazing Price (free)

5 3 years ago

Comments: One word - "Amazing"

Pros:

The ease and simplicity of the product is wonderful. The best part is that you can pull it up on the laptop and finish anything you started on your phone. The Customer service is impeccable. I don't know how you maintain that level of service with a free app. This is a great app and making it free to use, is wonderful. The developer has done a marvelous job.

Cons:

Honestly there are no Cons considering its free. I would though, definitely suggest some wishful items that can probably make this app extraordinary. 1. Have OCR recognition to catch receipts details. 2. Give user a full access to change anything in their profile, like Company name, company setup and other items. 3. Allow to change/add logo for the reports, with ability to extract as CSV file. Once again I am not classifying these as cons, but suggestions to build on current platform and make it truly an exceptional app.

3 years ago

Wow what an awesome review! We're blushing. Glad you find it so easy to use and appreciate the customer service. We actually do employ OCR for receipt scanning and are working on updating the employee profile customization. Great suggestions!

Brian W.
Sales Manager in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Perfect for keeping my records organized

5 2 years ago

Comments: With TravelBank, I do not have to worry about losing receipts.

Pros:

It is very easy to simply photo my receipts and move on as I am traveling for my job. I love the simple way I can get a report with all the receipt photos at the end of the month. This makes it very easy to email to my office manager.

Cons:

I wish there was a function that made it a bit easier at the end of the month for a single user. My company does not use the service system wide, so I have to put myself in as the employee and administrator. After I submit my month for approval, I have to approve it myself. Not a big deal, though.

Matthew M.
VP of Commercial Programs in US
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees

Easy expense reporting

5 3 years ago

Comments: This app has saved me countless hours through its intuitive setup

Pros:

Love that it scans the receipt pic for as much info as possible. Also love that TB will send report straight to accounting or cfo

Cons:

Would like a little more control and the ability to add multiple expenses under one title. Also to change the expense report name

Llewellyn R.
SVP in US

Founder Shield Travelbank new user

4 10 months ago

Comments: I am new user but it is very easy to use in terms of uploading the relevant info. Creating the reports, adding expenses, etc. is a little tricky, but I'm sure I'll get better at it as I use it more. I formerly used an Oracle product at my last company and this way easier to use.

Pros:

upload photo receipt option is so easy. Also great that emailed receipts auto populate

Cons:

expenses vs. reports and vice versa, adding one to the other, making sure you have the right named report, etc. is a little clunky. This could be streamlined.

Jonathan N.
Vendor Performance Lead in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1 000 Employees

Helpful, streamlined and the rewards are great!

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Very intuitive and straight-forward. My preferred booking method is Google Flights and this was right up there in terms of bringing the information into a streamlined UI. It makes decision-making much simpler when booking.

Cons:

I flew Southwest, and the check-in process for Southwest is cutthroat. If you don't check in 24 hours at the dot, you get pretty lousy seating options. TravelBank didn't notify me of check-in until almost 10 minutes had passed since it opened up. This was long enough of a disparity that I got almost the very last boarding position. I set my own alarm for the return flight check-in to avoid this problem on the return flight. Check-in notification emails should go out exactly when it is time.

Rodline S.
Staff Accountant in US

Pure Genius and Ease!

5 3 years ago

Comments: my overall experience is great so far! I have a great rep.

Pros:

I like that the software is very easy to use.

Cons:

I don't believe i have the option to create a different expense besides General Expense.

Homemaker/Student in US
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

More admin features would be nice

4 3 years ago

Comments: The service seems very effective at helping coordinate expenses, and encouraging employees to easily book their own travel arrangements under one over-arching umbrella; however, for small teams that don't need extra expense tracking the features are a bit over-inflated and underwhelming on the administration front.

Pros:

The online platform is very simple and straightforward; integration with company credit card is seamless; customer service is lightning fast!

Cons:

Lacking in high level admin functions - managing multiple traveler profiles: i.e. adding in multiple frequent traveler programs simultaneously and to the same contact etc. I have not yet seen any price breaks/negotiated lower rates for any of my travel searches.

3 years ago

Hi there, thanks for the incredibly valuable feedback. We're continually working to diversify and augment our travel inventory, so hopefully you'll see more lower rates soon. We're also happy to share that we have many improvements to administrative features in the works! As such, we would love to hear out your ideas in more detail, so if you'd be open to it, please shoot us a note at [email protected] and reference this Capterra review; we'll take it from there!

Douglas A.
Owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

TravelBank nice!!

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Simplicity! The ease of taking pictures and uploading.

Cons:

I want to be able to select the dates for my expense report. It expenses whatever is logged at the moment

Jay P.
Sales in US
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees

Travel

5 2 years ago

Pros:

This is the most user friendly expense software I have ever used.

Cons:

The lack of segments. I would like to see more options.

Brendan O.
Senior Operations Analyst in US

fast and easy to use

5 4 years ago

Comments: Makes it quick and easy to file expenses

Pros:

It is extremely easy to add expenses on the go. Takes a minute or two to add an expense and file a report.

Cons:

I mostly expense Uber/Lyft rides - it would be nice if the receipts automatically uploaded so I wouldn't have to screenshot each one. Or some kind of partnership with Uber/Lyft so that there is an option to automatically expense a particular trip within the Uber/Lyft app while the ride is being ordered.

4 years ago

Hi Brendan, thanks for the review! One way to make expensing rideshares more easily is to simply forward the email receipts to us, and we'll automatically generate expenses for you: https://support.travelbank.com/getting-started-with-expenses/for-employees/forwarding-email-receipts With Uber, you can even use the instructions for "From your Personal Email Account" to set "[email protected]" as your "Work" email address in the Uber app, and those receipts will get forwarded automatically! Please don't hesitate to let us know any other questions or feedback you may have.

Allen H.
Vice President in US
Chemicals, 501-1 000 Employees

Ease of use

5 3 years ago

Pros:

TravekBank makes traveling life so easy. Mobile camera capture the receipts and make logging into the system a breeze.

Cons:

It’s a great system - no complaints. The system allows me to do it all.

Jesus S.
Solultions Advisor in US
Computer Software, 10 000+ Employees

Easy to use

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use Prices seemed pretty much the same on airlines direct website I would negotiate with airline directly on offering discounts.

Angela C.
Partnerships in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great for Employees

5 3 years ago

Pros:

As a consumer, my favorite feature are the rewards (points to redeem gift cards) you receive for spending under your budget!

Cons:

I don't think the budgets set are realistic. I don't see how companies are saving because it allows employees to spend a LOT on flights on hotels. Even though the rewards are great, it's because the budgets are set really high.

3 years ago

Hi Angela, glad you're enjoying the rewards! Our budgets are calculated with our proprietary algorithm based on a live feed of real-time data. If at any time you see budgets that you feel are too high OR too low, feel free to send them in to [email protected] and we'll take a look!

Joan J.
Finance Manager - North America Region in Netherlands
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees

Great. I love working with Connor Lawrence and the Travel Team.

4 4 years ago

Comments: This APP allows the Finance Team to quickly audit the expense reports. Very user friendly. I also personally love the travel options. I went on a trip to MX for business and I have only positive things about the service. I forgot to say for improvements, please add a field so we can add the Gl Account number for future to assist with Accounting postings.

Pros:

The ease of use of the APP and desktop version, the friendly staff, and the 24 hour concierge service.

Cons:

We would like some additional features which has been shared with Connor for future upgrades. We would prefer the customer and description fields to be mandatory. We also need a Job Task field so we can easily use for job accounting postings. Also the Admin cannot see if an EE's expense report is still unsubmitted or if he is still in his Supervisor's box for approval. I always have to ask Conner Lawrence to investigate. Would prefer a canned report that would let the Admin know this information.

Aleksandar V.
CEO in Bosnia
Entertainment, Self Employed

Overall Great Software!

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I liked that it was very easy to use because the UI is very minimalistic.

Cons:

I did not like that the software could not recognize other currencies.