Mozy Sync

Bob and anna B.
Bloggers
Education Management, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have three computers running with a lot of stuff we don't want to lose. The basic package covers all three at a good price.

Pros: Mozy, now Carbonite, was recommended to us by a savvy friend. The price is right, and when we had to use it, we retrieved all the info and pics we (I) had deleted by mistake.

Cons: With Mozy, it was a bit difficult to view the stored backups, but Carbonite now is much easier to use.

Moz Pro best SEO tool to grow online business

Reviewed on 2018/10/13
Gurmandeep S.
SEO Analyst
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, my experience with this tool has been excellent as it has helped us to increase our website's ranking on different search engines. Due to lack of different features, Moz Pro isn't enough to do SEO work.

Pros: For being an SEO analyst and content marketer, I regularly use this tool to get opportunity in SEO work. Moz pro is the best tool to get to know competitor's Backlinks. This tool has helped us to improve our site's DA and SERP ranking. Best thing about this is that User Interface is too simple as anyone can use this tool without any prior training. I have been relied upon this tool for on-page and off-page SEO but as per my experience this tool is best for On page SEO. Unlike other SEO tools, Moz Pro always provide the genuine informations. This tool also provides SEO insights which can be used to improve Ranking score of website.

Cons: Moz Pro does not provide the broad information like Alexa and other SEO tool. you will not get much information of your competitors which is a great drawback of this tool. Moreover, Tool has not enough features to dig deep to get specific information. Due to limited features, you can't rely totally upon this tool.

Peace of mind backup for all your files

Reviewed on 2018/04/20
Chief Designer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I use Mozy as a backup service for all my design files on my work computer as well as my personal files on my home computer. The plan I'm on lets me have up to 3 computers connected for backup, so I have my parents' laptop being backed up as well. Business wise, this tool is invaluable. My computer crashed a few years ago completely. To the point where I had to do a factory reset. If it hadn't been for Mozy, I would have lost everything. Fortunately I had Mozy and lost almost nothing. It's also great for transferring computers. You can do a final backup on the old machine and do a full restore on the new machine and everything will be restored in the same way as it was on the old machine, file folder structures included.

Cons: With Google and Microsoft offering tons of storage very cheaply, Mozy is kind of expensive. But it does have automatic incremental backup and one click restore which neither Drive or OneDrive have, so I suppose that's the trade off.

Tried and True Backup Service

Reviewed on 2019/12/11
Sarah L.
CSR
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great for syncing and backing up in tandem with Mozy Backup. My go-to software for backing up my important documents. Interface is clean and intuitive.

Pros: Sync folders are included, and clients are provided for for all OS'. You can store up to 2GB for free, and honestly the paid options are a great value as I use the 125 GB plan

Cons: It's not as versatile as some other backup services, but I find it's sufficient for the cost. I can't think of any other negatives!

A bigger fail of an App is not available on the market

Reviewed on 2016/10/22
Steve H.
Director of Quality Engineering
Internet, 10 001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I don't know how you gave this app 4 stars. It is dreadful. I paid for a 2-year backup service and downloaded this app so I could access my files anywhere at any time, just as they claim. But the one time, the one single time I needed the app to work for me it let me down miserably. A total and utter failure of an app. When trying to access my files through the app it just sat there spinning until it eventually crashed. So I never got to access my files like they claimed I would!!! I don't put up with that kind of crap so I cancelled my membership and asked for pro-rated refund. Only problem is that won't refund any of your money after 90 days!! A total rip off organization if there ever was one. A miserable, total, and utter failure of an application. Must have been designed, coded, and tested by monkeys. No wait, that's an insult to monkeys...

Pros: Backed up off of my Mac though slow as molasses in winter

Cons: So many it would take too long to mention here. But suffice it to say that the application failed miserable when I needed it to work for me, as I've noted in the review.

READ REFUND POLICY - I CALL BS

Reviewed on 2019/02/16
Dawn J.
OFFICE MANAGER
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: SYSTEM WORKS WELL. DON'T LIKE THEIR LACK OF REFUND FOR SERVICES NOT USED NOR RECEIVED.

Pros: I WORKED WELL. LAST YEAR WHEN I RENEWED THEY DISCOVERED WE DID NO PAY FOR A FULL YEAR OF SERVICE AND THEY WERE HAPPY TO BILL US FOR TWO YEARS.

Cons: THIS YEAR BECAUSE THEY MOVED TO CARBONITE AND WE DIDN'T WANT THE HIGHER FEES INVOLVED WE CANCELLED & MOVED TO ANOTHER SYSTEM (iDRIVE). UPON REQUESTING A REFUND THEY NOTIFIED US AFTER YOU RENEW & 90 DAYS PASSES YOU GET NOTHING. RENEWED IN SEPT AND MOVED PLATFORMS IN FEB AND NOTHING. IT WAS AS IF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP WANTED TO SHOUT 'GOTCHA!'! I'M BIG ON CUSTOMER SERVICE I COULD NEVER RECOMMEND A COMPANY WITH THIS POLICY!

Wonderful backup service

Reviewed on 2018/09/01
Judy D.
Retired Office Manager
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Use it to back up all documents on our laptops so if we have any issues, we have them available. Also makes rebuilding laptops very easy when getting a new one.

Pros: Reliable - great peace of mind that all documents are backed up.
Set it and forget it

Cons: The only thing that is a negative is how long it takes to do the initial backup and when downloading all of the files to a new PC, but i'm not sure there is anything they can do to speed this up.

Cloud accessible encrypted backups for small business

Reviewed on 2019/07/16
Sustaining Engineer
Internet, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Work for compliance needs and ease of use to restore files without being onsite.

Pros: HIPAA compliant encryption, real-time file backup of individual files, cloud accessible and management options.

Cons: data restore times can be slow depending on the number of files and speed of connection. Basic setup did not include a bootable disk image, which failed to fix a UEFI boot issue encountered after a recent Windows 10 Update.

Reliable backup product

Reviewed on 2018/07/22
Beth C.
Customer Support

Pros: The ease of use is great. I don't have to do anything once the parameters were set. I get daily notifications that all my files were updated.

Cons: In the beginning, I had a problem with setting up the software, but worked with the service team to get the issue resolved.

Affordable back up solution

Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Amy L.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It works like a charm. I never have to think about it. It is always working. I get great updates every week. I am confident that if something happened to our office server we would be OK. Really glad to have this software backing us up daily.

Cons: Nothing! We recently had to switch from Mozy over to Carbonite and it was pretty straightforward.

Sensible Cloud Back Up

Reviewed on 2018/12/06
Systems Administrator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Mozy Pro is just a simple, easy to use program for cloud backup and storage. You can customize it to your needs: specify which folders and files should be getting backed up on each machine, how many and what time(s) of the day/night to search for backup updates, and how/who can access stored data. It really is a satisfying solution for small businesses needs, as well as larger businesses.

Pros: To start with, I like the price for Mozy. It is a cost effective way to provide cloud backup for a small office. I also like how easy it is to use. I'm not managing a huge number of devices, so it is nice that Mozy keeps it fairly streamlined for a mart time IT manager like me. Also, the setup is a breeze, and the ability to manage through their web console is a huge time saver.

Cons: While I led off with how much I like the pricing and Mozy's cost effectiveness, as a small business it would be nice if they were able to offer some additional tiering when it comes to their storage/pricing structure. It kind of feels like we get to a point of one tier, where we are about maxed out, but jumping to the next tier is double the price, which is fine, but it goes up to an amount of storage space that we would not come close to filling in the next 10-20 years, if ever. Something in between would be much appreciated.

Makes setting up a new computer a breeze

Reviewed on 2019/01/08
Coryanne H.
Investing Reporter
Media Production, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: MozyPro provides great peace of mind. The scheduled backups are great. I've never had an issue with the backup running in the background while I'm working on other things. Love the ability to download folders and documents to a new computer. It's come in handy when moving from an outdated OS that doesn't have an easy way to share files with newer systems. The fact that you can run the service on multiple computers under a single account is also useful. You can go online to see and download documents on other computers in your account. Backups are stored for up to 2 months back (I believe). Another great feature if you save over something or accidentally delete a document.

Cons: The only annoyance is the pop-up you get when a backup is complete. This really is just a nuisance not a mark against the software, though. Otherwise the only thing I'd like more of is storage space and the number of computers you can include on one account (currently limited to 4, I believe).

It effortlessly restored my files!

Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Marketing Coordinator
Civil Engineering, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy way to backup and restore files.

Pros: This software is fantastic. Very little you need to do to have files backed up and the restoration process was amazingly simple. My computer died and I couldn't access any of the files. When I purchased a replacement, the restore process was so easy and super fast! I was really impressed.

Cons: I kept running out of space. Had to go up to the next level. Due to money issues I had to stay on a lower plan which started to not meet my needs. I also had wished you could preview files a little easier on the web version l. I ended up accidentally downloading the files a bunch of times.

This has been excellent as an automatic backup for my computer.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12
Randi jo S.
Owner/Chiropractor
Customer Support

Pros: What I like most about this software is how effortless it makes backing up the important files on my computer.

Cons: What I like least about this software is the amount of space that comes with the initial set up. I quickly met the max amount of space and would need to upgrade for a fee.

I feel safe with Mozy. I know my files are backed up.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08
Chiropractor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Mozy is great to have for the office. Files are backed up across the network safely and securely. They are also easily accessible.

Cons: The only problem I have run into is storage limits. I have had to delete things quite a few times to make more room.

Reliable fast backups

Reviewed on 2019/01/28
Tony Y.
IT Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: 1. Reliable fast backups
2. SQL DB Backups
3. Good rentention
4. Flexible backup schedule

Cons: 1. On the pricey side if you have a lot of data.

Good alternative to an external hard drive

Reviewed on 2011/11/28
Charline G.
Customer Support

Comments: Mozy is a great remote backup software that carries out the backup automatically. The automatic backups are carried out even when your computer is not in use. You don't have to worry about doing a backup yourself and you can request Mozy to send you DVD backups. With the mobile app the users can securely access the files protected with Mozy. It is an excellent alternative to my old external hard drive. I am very happy with this software.

Pros: The is no extra hardware to buy and no setup fees
Mozy is really easy to use
Mozy allows you to select a folder or individual files you wish to have backed up
You can schedule the backups

Cons: The software not be suitable for very large files

Great for backup

Reviewed on 2019/04/07
Chiropractor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It was easy and simple to back up the files I need.

Cons: I do not have anything to complain about with this software.

Wonderful for backup

Reviewed on 2019/04/07
Doctor Of Chiropractic
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is easy to back up my files automatically.

Cons: I cannot find anything to complain about with this.

Great Online Backup Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/30
Barry N.
Network Engineer
Computer Software, 1 001-5 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I have used this on both workstations and servers and it is a great product. Easy to recover files.

Cons: If you have a full backup involving a large amount of data ordering physical drives for mail delivery can be expensive.

Good backup Program that's free

Reviewed on 2018/07/10
Robin C.
Author
Customer Support

Pros: That it's on the cloud and one of the plans is free. The ease of being able to sync files across multiple computers is VERY nice for small home office in which I use different computers

Cons: Free version is very limited space. Still, it is free and the paid plans are affordable and comparable with similar cloud backup programs

Mozy Sync and cloud backup

Reviewed on 2019/02/12
Carl T.
Customer Support Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Used this for a limited time with a clients, and opted to move to another solution.

Pros: Mozy Sync is similar to other services such as dropbox, box, etc. Mozy Sync is a product complimentary to Mozy Pro, or Enterprise, which are for backing up your data to the cloud.

Cons: Price. May need to be more competitive to dropbox or other competitors. Sometimes its all in the name when it comes to price.

One of the best back up software out there

Reviewed on 2018/03/08
Marcus D.
Information Technology
Customer Support

Pros: The best part about this software is that I can back up multiple things and it doesn't take long at all. I think this is one of the best syncs in the game right now

Cheap & Smart Way to Back Up Your Files

Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Elle R.
Sales Assistant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Online backup service that will automatically archive all your files. Only costs reasonable for an unlimited storage.

Cons: Not any issues yet, however access to customer support seems more difficult than it should be. Phone support isn't as proactive as it could be.

Recent new computer

Reviewed on 2018/11/10
Assistant Director
Individual & Family Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Product is very convenient and easy to use.

Cons: Product is a little slow and can be easily overloaded.