Filter by:

• Overall

About Productive

Productive is an end-to-end agency management platform that gives you a birds-eye view of your agency business.

Learn more about Productive

Luka P.
Luka P.
Co-Founder at Studio Bien
Design
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/24

"Great software that has everything I need to run a profitable business."

Pros: Productive is great because I have an overview of every segment of my company in one place. From sales, scheduling projects, communication management, employee management all the way to the reporting. We were paying multiple software apps, which was not only expensive but also confusing and time wasting. With Productive costs were cut down significantly. The support team is very responsive, always available and fast in helping us solve our issues.

Cons: It takes some time for setting up the organization and getting everybody on board, but with Productive help center and their support team that was done in a jiffy. The software is a bit robust due to its wide pallet of functionalities, so it has a bit steep learning curve.

Claudiu J.
Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/24

"A great project management tool for us"

Pros: For us it is one of the best options out there. And I recommend it especially if you want to better understand, analyse and forecast the profitability per resources, services offered, projects and tasks.
In terms of task management it works smooth and easy, like any other premium task manager. The big differentiation comes in terms of budget tracking, expenses and resources overview. In the past 1.5 years since we use Productive.io it helped us to see some trends in terms of services that are profitable and see which clients / projects are not profitable. This way we managed to improve the overall performance of our business.

Cons: - The onboarding / initial setup can take a bit. Nothing too bad, but you might need a couple of days to get used with the UX.

Alternatives Considered: Planless.io, Basecamp, Asana and Trello

Switched From: Teamwork

• Reviewed on 2020/11/24
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"Easy to use, user-friendly interface, nice design, has much useful stuff."

Pros: Connecting my words with photos using just one monkey :)
Schedule option is great too, and I like and use a lot of custom tags.

Cons: Boards. Let's say, one project has 5 boards, and when moving tasks from one board to another, I don't know where does it go. It's easy if I'm the owner of the project, but when I'm doing some things in other project, I just don't know where to put it. Suggestion - maybe when the user is in one board, he can just see task lists from that board?

Vibor C.
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/15

"Professional. Approachable. Friendly. Helpful."

Pros: It really has the potential to unify the agency processes and eliminate the need for several tools. It brings together time tracking, project management, CRM and sales, financials, invoicing. One of the really cool options is the fact that you can use as much or as little features that you need. You adjust the software to your sales and business process not the other way around. A special hat-tip goes to the support team. They were readily available, helpful, really went an extra mile to help out, even came to our office and did a presentation and training even before we signed up for the software. I am in this industry for more than a decade and rarely does one see support team with so much passion about their product and their willingness to explain all the possible details. Highly recommended!

Cons: In some rare occasions there are minor issues with synchonisation between time entries made from the website, mobile app and desktop widget. However, when we reported those issues, team was quick to fix them and continiously offered help.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/15
Velimir G.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"A great tool that gets the work done, while being easy to use."

Comments: Better insight in our business.

Pros: UX details that make everyday tasks like logging time simpler. And, over time, getting more and more simple, taking fewer and fewer clicks to perform the desired action.

Cons: It's "opinionated" in the sense of data/information architecture (clients/budgets/expenses/invoices/etc. - you have to follow the logic of the application).

Boris V.
Government Relations, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/19

"All-in-one agency management software"

Comments: Productive.io offers us a framework to run our business in and all the tools to manage it.

Pros: Integrated sales, project management, time tracking, team scheduling and invoicing software. Most of the tools you need to manage an agency in one.
If you want to run your agency the Productive.io way, this tool will integrate your whole business.

Cons: The tool does everything. Which means that you'll be best of running your business and using the tool exactly as the developers intended, which takes some getting used to.
For a tool that is meant to do everything it doesn't really cater to the power-user a lot, there are few keyboard shortcuts and you'll be clicking a log.
The tool can be buggy and slow at times. And there is no off-line support.
Using Productive.io will create a HUGE single point of failure for your company.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/19
Maricar T.
Account Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"It's been great so far and working closely with the Support team for any improvement on the features"

Pros: It has a nice interface so I like it. The budgets' features are helpful and flexible- there are options for Fixed, Hourly, etc.

Cons: The reports have limited very filters and not that flexible. Especially on the time forecasting for the people per project, etc.

Quendoline J.
Quendoline J.
UX Consultant | Kwaliteitsmanager
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"I really like the tool as a designer, but have my doubts as a projectmanager"

Pros: The time tracking and the insights. we almost never forget to track our hours and i can see easily how much time we spend on each project.

Cons: The invoicing features! We can't make our invoices like we want to and have to do double work now. :(

Jane G.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/11

"Nice interface and easy to use, lots of features"

Pros: The interface is exactly what I need, easy to use and find what I'm looking for. Also allows the team to communicate with the client and get feedback. You can assign tasks, view the calendar, upload files, and I like that you can reply via email and that there's Time Tracking included. Also like that there's a free 30 day trial that doesn't require you to add your credit card. One thing that really stands out from the rest is the Sales section, you can see where you've submitted Proposals (including estimate amount) and see them 'In Negotiation' so you can keep track of projects that aren't even started yet - and then convert them to Projects.

Cons: The fact that they charge per user is not all that great because the amount of users changes all the time, depending on the project, so there's no way to plan your monthly budget (if you're a small company that matters).

• Reviewed on 2018/05/11
Paolo O.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/09

"Powerful."

Comments: good.

Pros: Productive is a good product to track projects and time spent on it.

Cons: Strict methodology brings some rigidity.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/09
Camille B.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/13

"Productive.io helped us organize better our work and made collaboration easier with our team members"

Comments: - Better team organization
- Better project management
- Better time tracking

Pros: The main features are awesome and so far we've used almost daily the task list, time tracking, sales board and the project's management section. We're also very happy with the customer service provided by Productive.io

Cons: I'd like to be able to customize more our quotes (ie: change colors, fonts, layout, add additional text like our terms and conditions etc.). Sometimes, I'm also confused about small details (where to click, what's the link between sales, projects, the pricing ie: hourly or not), but in a few weeks we've already seen the software update and improve a lot so we're convinced the team behind Productive.io is working making everything on point.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/13
Megan J.
Creative Associate
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/17

"LOVE. Being able to go from a desktop app to a mobile app with ease is great"

Comments: My team's workflow has improved tremendously. The software makes communication and workflows easy by keeping everything organized. I love being able to communicate with clients through Productive as well.

Pros: My favorite thing about Productive is being able to organize and personalize my own dashboard layout. I am someone who works better when I can make task lists and productive allows me to make private lists for myself to use throughout the day.

Cons: I wish this software would allow subtasks under the original task -- sometimes a task isn't complete unless multiple subtasks are completed first. This would allow our workflow to move more smoothly.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/17
Tim H.
Chairman/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/12

"We are AdAgency and PR Firm, Productive is the ideal project management tool."

Comments: Productivity

Pros: Ease of use. And the ability for everything to be self contained within the software...no need to email...or to email docs/elements.

Cons: We have found nothing as yet. We are new users but don't anticipate any issues. We will be eliminating Clients and Profits over the next few months and begin using Intuit for billing. That too looks to be an easy transition.

Caine S.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/12

"Moving our studio over to productive has been a game changer."

Pros: We managed to transition 4 different software applications into 1, saving us monthly costs as well as improving our efficiency in running our studio.

Cons: So far there really isn't much I can say in a negative way, there are a few additional features we would like, but its great that they publish their development roadmap so we can see these features are coming.

Digital Developer
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/12

"Finally. A productivity solution that works for or company."

Pros: I appreciate the built-in time management. The ability to bill to two different business entities is crucial for our combined organization.

Cons: The design could use some polish. No notes on individual tasks. Really, though, my biggest hang up is the design is not great.

Andreas H.
Andreas H.
Partner / Project director
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/11

"A great tool for agency work"

Pros: Productive is a very powerful tool covering basically all the tasks and processes related to project management, account management, reporting, planning of resources, managing the sales pipeline and many more.
It feels very modern and easy to use with really powerful features. Also, the product is constantly being improved with an active customer service.

Cons: It takes some time to really onboard everyone and use it as a day to day tool. But that would probably be the case with every new tool introduced to the organization. Thus, not all the features must be used or be introduced at the same time.

• Reviewed on 2021/08/11
Jonathan G.
Director Of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/16

"Productive Is Awesome"

Pros: I've been in the advertising marketing business on the operations side for over 25 years. I've seen and used lots of Project/Financial/Resource Management software in my day, and this is by far the best one I've used. It It was easy to set up, user friendly and has great, actionable data.

Cons: The only con is the way hours are entered into the Resource Scheduling area. Its requires manual calculations that are a bit laborious.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/16
Account Group Director

"Intuitive and accessible"

Comments: Organization and collaboration with my team.

Pros: Like how I can access it from anywhere with the mobile app or from any browser.
Great tool for sharing projects with team mates in real time.
Great project management tool!

Cons: Wish there was a way to create a unique number for each project to track projects numerically as new projects come in and make it easier to archive and retrieve in the future.

by Productive on 2018/03/21

Hi there,

As you know, Projects are basically containers within Productive that hold Budgets. Since you can have multiple budgets within each project, we put more importance on the budgets themselves.

The number you are looking for is on the budgets, not projects.

Robert N.
Robert N.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/05

"Gave me a running start"

Comments: I use Productive for my day-to-day operations and was able to do an integration with Trello using their API. This makes my invoicing a breeze and allows me to give time reports to my customers. There is a ton of other features (sales pipeline, scheduling, financial reports) I am not using, but just for the small part I am using, it is a big time saver.

Pros: Productive has:
- comprehensive feature set
- ease of use
- a tutorial to get you familiar with the different modules of the product
- a decent price
- customers can access the platform (when you grant them access)
- an API to allow integrations with other components
- responsive support (some bugs get fixed really fast)

Cons: - some structure elements may not be an exact match to your business (like with any product)
- support is only during business hours, being a solo entrepreneur, problems don't always happen between 9-5 Monday-Friday
- support could benefit from a ticketing system instead of a chat-based system
- the task component have few features when compared with Trello. Strange for a company that brands itself as "more powerful than Trello and simpler to use than Jira" (https://www.productive.io/tour/project-management/).

Alternatives Considered: elapseit, Paymo, TimeCamp, Accelo, Plutio, Time Tracker, Invoice Ninja, AND. CO, Scoro and todo.vu

Reasons for Switching to Productive: - Better feature set - Better pricing - Trial available

• Reviewed on 2019/09/05
Arman A.
Arman A.
Co-Founder
Environmental Services
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/12

"Simple, fuss-free and meets all our needs as a growing agency."

Pros: My main issue in the past with other software was that they were too complex, had too many features or had too much of a learning curve. Productive on the other hand is easy to get your head around and start working with from day one. Our team has now been using Productive for almost 2 months and we're active on it daily. The main features we use are creating sales (which is essentially leads), creating projects (in our case new client projects), calculating project costs, creating tasks and assigning them to team members and sharing the project with clients via the dashboard. What's more is that Productive have outstanding customer service, I actually just received a letter in the mail today written by their team which proves they're ready to go above and beyond for their users. Lastly, their price point is unbeatable. The Pricing page says it all and compared to the other software out there, Productive is easily the best value for money.

Cons: Small bug with the hourly rate when creating a new project.

Mauricio P.
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/17

"Great tool, but a bit expensive"

Pros: Productive worked great for us at the beginning, and really helped us to keep track of our projects and costs.

Cons: Pricing was a bit high compared to other tools and there were some features missing like real time board updates.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/17
Jerko S.
Jerko S.
Business Development
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"A must-have business tool for a software development agency."

Comments: Financial insight, time tracking, invoicing etc.

Pros: I love the time tracking, budgeting, reporting, invoicing features. From a managers standpoint, this software covers all our business needs. The reporting system gives us an in-depth review in terms of cost/ revenue structure, profitability, time spent, project success, employee utilization etc. The data really helps us make better business decisions.

Cons: Our developers struggle using the task management feature, and we're currently developing a new framework that can easily be used in Productive.

John B.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/26

"Amazing Customer Service"

Comments: Brilliant - The customer service in particular is fantastic. We had an excellent onboarding call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was exceptionally patient with us and had fantastic product-knowledge. He guided us through an automated time tracking solution which will be invaluable to us in the months and years ahead.

Pros: The breath and scope of the product - There is a lot of functionality available and we have only begun to scratch the surface.

Cons: Due to the extent of functionality, getting set-up on the system took a bit of time - minor gripe

• Reviewed on 2021/02/26
Oscar F.
Data Analyst
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/04

"Productive Review"

Comments: It is a cool tool and I see a lot of value. I would recommend looking at your competitors and find a way to make it more user friendly from the start. I would recommend having a "how to" section for first time users to learn more about the software.

Pros: I thought this software offers more useful features than its competitors. The price is great. I like that you can assign team members and clients to tasks.

Cons: I thought the software was difficult to understand, so did my team. As the admin, I wish I got more of an overview of everyone in each project. I felt like I had to search a lot to find the information I wanted.

Alternatives Considered: Slack, Jira, Asana, GitHub and Kanboard

Reasons for Switching to Productive: The option for more tools, such as budgeting and the price value.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/04
Product Manager
Design
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/24

"Great customer service team, gabrijeila was amazing"

Pros: easy to pick up and onboard team members, we switched from another program and uploading tasks was a breeze

Cons: inability to easily delete tasks. this process can be convoluted and annoying at time. Dont understand why things can only be archived

by Productive on 2018/05/28

Hi there,

Thanks for the honest review. It could be our fault for not informing you properly, but you can delete tasks as well from now on!