ImportOmatic Reviews

by Omatic Software

Filter by:

• Overall

About ImportOmatic

Omatic transforms data into value, empowering social good organizations to affect great change in the world.

Learn more about ImportOmatic

Tim H.
Donor Records Clerk
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/22

"A Real Time and Headache Saver"

Comments: ImportOmatic has enabled me to import lists of constituents, with their address info, multiple phone numbers and email addresses, multiple pieces of education, and multiple constituency codes all in a single import, without ever needing the Import ID. ImportOmatic has saved me all kinds of time and frustration in importing data, doing comparisons, creating queries of external lists. If given the choice between doing a traditional import or using IOM to do my imports, I don’t think I can imagine a scenario where I would choose the traditional import method.

Pros: It gets data of all kinds into Raiser's Edge much easier than with the traditional import process. And it can import a plethora of vastly different types of data in a single import. Not needing an Import ID for every import makes comparing lists of incomplete information received from external sources against my database a much simpler process than the traditional method. From there, I'm given all kinds of control in whether I want to update the information we have on hand, or simply create a query of people off that list (or both). I can either automate individual options (or the whole thing) or go through them one at a time for full control.

Cons: My only small gripe about ImportOmatic is the initial learning curve made figuring out how to use it a bit tricky. When we got IOM some 3 years ago and I was setting up my first few imports... that was a somewhat confusing challenge to navigate all the possible options (even with training). Now that I've been using it for a while, they've improved that process quite a bit and I'm able to get even more types of data in than I initially was. I also have several templates built at this point that allow me to get my complex datasets into Raiser’s Edge with minimal need to build a new import every time.

Iris T.
Constituent Reporting Analyst
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/22

"Easy to use for non-technical user"

Comments: I'm very satisfied with Import Omatic. It works well with RE/NXT. Although there is already a RE Import in the database version, Import Omatic provides a more flexible and easy to use for any non-technical user.

Pros: It is a great a great platform for RE and NXT for data import. Our department relies on Omatic daily. The best part is the customizable set up on different module to check duplicates. Duplicates is always the issue in our database. The data dictionary and static field can be re-used and cut our development time half every time we create a new job.

Cons: Automation in RE desktop version is not available.

by Omatic Software on 2021/01/25

Hi Iris, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Julie C.
Senior Director of Operations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"Data Import"

Pros: Once the dictionaries and import files are programmed, the data easily transfers to Raiser's Edge daily. The online programming assistance helps with setting up the forms since we are not programmers.

Cons: Setting up the import forms can take time and every field needs to be mapped correctly. Once the form is set up, then the ease of use is amazing.

by Omatic Software on 2020/12/02

Hi Julie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Evan R.
Donor Dev. Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/22

"Great Integration for Classy-Salesforce"

Comments: I highly recommend this product! Our non-profit has only positive things to say regarding Omatic Cloud Software. Considering that we are to small to have a formal IT department and do not have a Developer on staff- this eases burden, permitting us to focus our efforts on mission. In 2020, that meant feeding over 6.5 million meals to families whose livelihoods were drastically impacted by Covid-19.

Pros: The support team aiding in set-up made the process seamless. This system has not only reduced duplicate data within our CRM by 95%, but has increased confidence amidst our organization’s leadership with CRM reporting.

Cons: I found it somewhat challenging to asses platform error messages. Having an online reference for error messages with troubleshooting measures would be a great resource for consumers. I believe it would not only build confidence through understanding data flow, but also cut back on need of tech support with issues that may be resolved by the user.

by Omatic Software on 2021/01/25

Hi Evan, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Sarah M.
Development associate
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/07

"A great help!"

Pros: I love that I can import my daily donations with ease. Saves me a lot of time during the day.

Cons: Sometimes updates will mess up my imports and I have to go through and figure out where the disconnect is happening.

by Omatic Software on 2020/12/08

Hi Sarah, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/07
Specialized Gift Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/15

"ImportOmatic Makes Batching Easier"

Comments: I love it and recommend it. It makes using Raiser's Edge much easier and is a tremendous improvement over Raiser's Edge import.

Pros: I love the review of constituent records vs incoming information and the ability to make very specific changes to records before committing import. It's much easier than reviewing record by record in Raiser's Edge batch and going through at least 2 tabs per record. It also makes it possible to edit a batch in a spreadsheet or other database software vs using Batch.

Cons: Some of the updates caused a loss of attribute information or the need to create more than one profile, but it seems like these unexpected outcomes are corrected in later updates.

Jonathan C.
Director of Operations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Lifesaver"

Pros: My organization imports over 20k records per month, without importomatic duplicates would be a major issue. The ability to match in constituents that are already in the database, select the specific data to correct or modify and edit the import information on the fly, make it an incredible tool.

Cons: Customer support process is the one thing about the product I like the least. Creating a case and waiting for a response is frustrating at times.

Sudha S.
Database Coordinator
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/02

"Great Software"

Comments: Great

Pros: Easy to use and is an excellent data migration tool.

Cons: Mapping fields differently labelled to the original record fields.

by Omatic Software on 2020/12/03

Hi Sudha, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/02
Dawn W.
Director of information systems
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/15

"Good tool that we use daily"

Comments: Overall we have had a very good experience using the import O-Matic products. We also use another product called Mayo automatic and are very happy with that as well.

Pros: Import O-Matic makes importing all kinds of data into the Raiser’s Edge so much easier than the native import functionality.

Cons: I don’t love the user interface. Wish it could be just a little friendlier. Although importing data is a complex and detailed process.

Rolly L.
CIO
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/26

"Good, does what is says it will do."

Pros: basic and simple, straight forward. Integration with Google is as we hoped. We hope to continue using this product as it evolves

Cons: renewing the license causes some hickups. As features are added, we needed to change our licenses which caused some issues.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/26
Business Systems Analyst - Advancement
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/17

"Powerful tool"

Comments: Omatic helps us uploade data from our Phonathon software to RE every day. We can now bring in our new student record into RE in weeks rather than months

Pros: It provide us with the ability to automate many of our import needs

Cons: Some of the options are not as intuitive as one would think

• Reviewed on 2019/02/17
Michaelann P.
Development Database Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/22

"ImportOmatic has been a great investment for our organization"

Pros: You can import data from basically any source and you get to customize the import profile to fit your needs.

Cons: The only thing that is inconvenient is updating profiles and/or dictionaries after a version update.

Development Opertations Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/05

"Easy Software to Use"

Pros: Makes importing and pricessing donations easy

Cons: I dont really have anything that I dont like about the software

• Reviewed on 2019/03/05
Alexis C.
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/22

"The Ease of Importomatic"

Pros: I've been using Importomatic for 2 years now and have enjoyed the ease of transferring information into RE. I wish I needed to use it more often. I am now more comfortable with the whole process and grateful to have it. I haven't had the need to call for help in a while. Thank you!

Cons: Nothing, as I only use it to enter particular information, and it's not even once a week.

Hannah W.
Hannah W.
Director Of Communications
Civic & Social Organization
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/18

"Honestly, I hardly ever use it, but when I do it's great."

Pros: Importomatic is definitely easier to use than Raiser's Edge's import tool. I like the side by side matching function. We have duplicates in our database that I clean out from time to time, so this allows me to makes sure I get the right info on the right record.

Cons: It's still a little complicated to use. I wish there was a way to make this less jargony, more point and click-ey. I think I made that up... :) I guess what I am saying is I wish there was a tool that was super SUPER easy. I also would like it if there were a pay per use option. I only use it a couple times a year.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/18
Database Administrator
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/27

"Great overall experience."

Comments: The greatest benefits of this software have been the ease an accuracy of getting new and updated information into our database.

Pros: It truly works as it says it does. Information goes into our database with ease and accuracy. The importing process is seamless once the profile is set up.

Cons: It wasn't as seamless of a process to get everything going once we were in the hosted environment. This may not be as much of an issue now, but some consideration for staying in constant contact with all parties involved to ensure all parts are connected and running properly by promised date.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/27
Melanie L.
Director of Partner Engagment
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/15

"Helpful for the right users"

Comments: Overall it has been ok. We are thankful to have a system that integrates into Blackbaud. I haven't been happy with some of the glitches in the system which disables some of my profiles.

Pros: Import multiple values into the system quickly. More flexible than the Blackbaud Import features allowing for more importing from our users.

Cons: The support side is a little bit hard to wrap my mind around. If you are not a frequent user it is easy to miss the nuances of the import and the support/knowledgebase can be limiting.

Erin L.
Database and Registration Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/01

"Not as "omatic" as I'd hoped"

Pros: The customer support was the absolute best consultant. They were very knowledgeable and always willing and available to train and troubleshoot. She was the best part of our experience with Omatic.

Cons: It's not as automatic as the title leads to believe. There is still a lot of manual work and I'm not sure I'm ever using it correctly.

by Omatic Software on 2019/03/05

Hi Erin-
Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with Omatic. We value your input!
I love to hear that you had an great implementation consultant. That's wonderful! However, if you are having issues with the product itself, we'd be happy to take a look to make sure you have everything set up ideally. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] to get something scheduled.
Thanks,
Marcia
Customer Success Team Lead

• Reviewed on 2019/03/01
Savina C.
Program Associate
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/22

"Overall, ImportOmatic is easy to use and fairly intuitive to setup."

Pros: We like having the ability to do imports and get data into Raiser's Edge quicker, especially leading up to our busy Run/Walk event.

Cons: The duplicate search feature doesn't always work as we would like it to, other than that we are pretty happy with this software.

Donor Relations Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/14

"Product saved us so much time"

Pros: The company s so amazing. They are one of the most helpful company's that I had the pleasure to work with. Not only do they tailor their software to your organizations needs, they are always transparent and respond so quickly. It is a lot of work to set up your import for your organization, but they dedicate hours of training and one-on-one conferences to help you. Everything is really taken step-by-step, which helps for the process to not be overwhelming. They work with you to make a schedule and plan. Everything is set up pretty fantastically.

Cons: I honestly can't even think of something that I don't like wit this software yet.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/14
Director of Advancement Operations
Higher Education, 501-1 000 Employees

"Nice Add-on Tool"

Pros: How it integrates with Raiser's Edge in the importing of files

Cons: The complexity of setting up the file - it would be nice if templates were available

Sue C.
Assistant Director, Advancement Services
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/26

"ImportOmatic - easing our import process"

Comments: We are using ImportOmatic to import our education records for new graduates. This was a laborius process in Raiser's edge requiring multiple imports that can now be done with one import with ImportOmatic. This will be a huge time saver. Creating the profiles is more problematic however, it really requires a lot of support from ImportOmatic to get the profiles working correctly.

Pros: Being able to import multiple kinds of records with just one import

Cons: The difficulty of creating profiles on your own

• Reviewed on 2019/02/26
Stephanie U.
Stephanie U.
Senior Director of Operations

"Automatic omatic"

Comments: Not pushy sales people. Willing to show demos and answer questions. Product set up was quick, perhaps too quick. Would have liked the trainer to follow back up with us after our trainings as once we started using the product, we had questions.

Pros: My organization uses three omatic products. They have continued to show their understanding of our industry and design their products so they are easy to use. The product we have been using the longest is Record Radar. If your fundraisers like to visit geographic areas and want to know who else they can visit, this is the tool you need!

Cons: They are not pushy at all with their products and I wish they would be more! By this, I mean that I wish I would have purchased this sooner as it has made a world of difference with our data processing team. I do think their implementation could have gone a bit different for import-o-matic.

by Omatic Software on 2020/12/02

Hi Stephanie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Database Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/15

"it has been extremely difficult"

Comments: Update – we are now paying a HJC (Luminate Consultants) and trying to get Blackbaud Professional services involved to assist with resolving omatic group-sync issues. currently seeking professional services combination of RELO and Omatic, as these issue remain unresolved with support.

- Run RELO at the same time as Luminate Connector – as the omatic group sync profile is causing too many problems to list
- Can either of these tools bring registrants into the events module, prior to bringing the donations over?
- Can either of these tools prevent the runaway duplicate situation in Luminate Online? I suspect once group sync profile is fixed, this will resolve itself
- Can either of these tools bring constituents over who have not yet made a donation, rather signed up for a newsletter? The omatic constituent import is not working because group sync has overwritten Country from Canada to Cnd and there are thousands of updates (errors) to click through to find one new genuine newsletter subscriber.
- What happens to all the monthly donors that were set up with omatic? a return to RELO would break all those subscribers connections to the original recurring gift.
- Creating an email group takes 3 hours for 30000 records, everytime annual giving wants to send an email – Omatic says that the only resolution is getting faster internet (RE is hosted by Concourse and Luminate Online is hosted by Blackbaud), who needs faster internet?

Pros: the promise of ease and time saving sounded great, unfortunately that has not been our experience

Cons: Luminate Connector is NOT a time saving tool, and profiles still not working months after implementation

by Omatic Software on 2019/02/25

We are sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the Luminate Online connector. The entire Omatic team is committed to working through these problems with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss your concerns in depth. I'm happy to help!
Marcia

Crystal C.
Crystal C.
Advancement Services Specialist
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/12

"Fantastic tool & it makes my job much easier. I can work smarter not harder. The staff are amazing."

Comments: ImportOmatic allows me to work smarter not harder. I can import files in minutes and know that the information is coming in just the way I want it and not creating duplicate records. I don't have to spend time cleaning each import file because I created a profile once and know that it will take care of the mess for me.

Pros: Setting up the profiles is fun and the tools (dictionaries, virtual fields, automation) are so helpful. I can add or update constituents within minutes with ImportOmatic instead of spending days doing it manually or worrying about issues with the standard import tool in RE. I can setup and change the matching criteria for profiles depending on my trust issues or trust in the file that I am importing. Being able to assign functions and proper casing within the profile means that I don't have to spend time formatting my spreadsheet every time. The training from the Omatic staff is great. Their training method of showing you how to create a profile, creating one with you, and then a following up call for any questions about additional profiles you created is perfect.

Cons: It is hard to think of cons because just in the past year Omatic has expanded the features that I had complaints about before. I miss being able to process a whole import no matter what the size under the validation mode. It just added another safety net to the process.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/12