• Overall

About Sortly

The industry's simplest (mobile friendly) Inventory and asset tracking system. Trusted by 1000's of businesses. Get it for free today!

Learn more about Sortly

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Sortly before?

James K.
James K.
Operations Manager in Canada
Farming, 11-50 Employees

An excellent and simple app to manage inventory.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely happy with the software. Its created efficiency within my business and has saved me a lot of money on part runs for items that we already had in inventory. I would highly recommend this software.

Pros:

What I like most about the app is how simple it is to use and categorize product. As a small business owner, I was having a tough time trying to find an inventory program that fit out business needs. Once I found Sortly Pro, it streamlined our business and created efficiencies company wide.

Cons:

The only negative I have experienced is with the lack of instant notifications. I wish it notified the administrator or owner when specific items are pulled from inventory. A suggestion would be to include this as an option when entering inventory into the system.

Joey T.
Joey T.
Upstream Process Development Engineer II in US
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees

Nice tool to keep track of inventory

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, it is a good tool to maintain inventory. However, we have had encountered some minor bugs.

Pros:

Sortly would send notification if inventory is below a pre-set amount.

Cons:

Sortly requires users to click on descriptions. Users often click the icons instead of the descriptions.

Brandon B.
Vice President in US

it works well, syncing can be an issue at times but overall good product

4 4 years ago

Pros:

easy to use. simple scan codes for inventory tracking. Can use it across all my devices, iphone, iPad, and Mac to always be up to date.

Cons:

syncing can sometimes be an issue. obviously with an inventory tracker a difference of even one can make a difference. it has got better, especially after going to the pro version.

Miguel S.
Drone Technician in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

An active user's true review

5 3 years ago

Comments: We were a start up company 3yrs ago and grew quite a bit since then. We had a mess of items that needed organization. In a matter of a few days, I had a 3yr mess sorted and organized. I've received high praising from managers and bosses alike for changing the companies dynamic so drastically. Sortly helped me help myself to a standardize organization I could only imagine were possible.

Pros:

The ability to export chosen folders/files. This was huge!

Cons:

It would be nice if sortly had a "location" section for a even more descriptive stock experience.

Andrea W.
Owner and Founder in US

Best solution for inventory tracking using a photo and tagging using custom fields.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Ability to print and share inventory list. Ability to create custom fields. Ability to associate photos. Makes tracking unique items easier.

Cons:

Printing doesn't include custom fields negating the value of this feature. File hierarchy isn't easy to manipulate when inventory items need to be moved around. Could be made easier and less clunky. Need ability to delete, hide, or reorder fields. Great tool for managing furniture for a move, art inventory, or anything that needs to be reviewed by a third party and tagged. Would like if App vs desktop version more similar. Would like ability to sort by a tag. Not sure the scan and QR code is relevant to my needs as a professional organizer. Seems more useful for someone with actual inventory (mulitples of the same item) vs a home owner with lots of unique items.

Anna D.
Show Home Design Coordinator in Canada
Design, 51-200 Employees

Sortly Pro's Review

5 3 years ago

Comments: We are tracking inventory of furniture and accessories for a staging and design business. It works very well for what we need it for.

Pros:

It is very straightforward and easy to use.

Cons:

There is not as many features as some of the other inventory applications but it works for what I need it for.

Jonnathan R.
Founder in US
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

Great service with friendly UI

5 3 years ago

Comments: IT's great, they are very helpful via email. The ipHone app is great, and so is the web app. Very responsive, and newbie friendly.

Pros:

I love the friendly UI, it is really easy to use.

Cons:

There's some missing inventory features that are missing, but I am sure will be added in the future.

Kevin A.
Kevin A.
IT Infrastructure Manager in US
Building Materials, 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy and Aforadable

4 3 years ago

Comments: we run a small hvac company and this tool has helped us reduce our spending by allowing our project managers to see what we have on sight that may have been returned from other jobs and prevents us from over ordering. it also allows team members the ability to see what we have on and at a moments notice. this has been a great fit for our company

Pros:

Sorry Pro was very easy to setup and to use. I was easily able to add items keep them categorized for easy searches

Cons:

for the purpose we are using this i have not found any cons yet. I am still looking

Andrew S.
Engineer in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees

How do they get the reviews? Its like they have never tried to manage inventory

1 2 years ago

Comments: Inventory management (well, labeling of inventory to be specific)

Pros:

The marketing and labels look good - but that is about it.

Cons:

The design of the software is a big time suck - after two months of the $120/month fees, my opinion is that its hard to understand how justify the use of this software. It takes way to much time due to the way that it is designed. In my opinion this business has the hall marks of an MBA from silicon valley that is not intimately familiar with the problem they are trying to solve. All the hooks to get you in (and make them lots of money) but none of the features that make you think, wow, that was money well spent, saved me loads of time. Turns out there is a super simple solution to the problem that sortly tries to solve and it doesn't involve a subscription. The main down side is that you don't get the phone app bar code scanner but you do save yourself days creating the labels how you need them. Try lable LIVE pared with your favourite barcode scanner to excel app and you will be further ahead.

Sortly Response

2 years ago

Hi Andrew. We are very sorry our product fell short of your expectations. Thank you for the feedback as it is helpful for our team's efforts to improve the product and better serve our future and existing customers.

Vice President of Project Management in US
11-50 Employees

Works great for simple inventory tracking.

5 4 years ago

Comments: 100% tracking of our inventory with barcode scanning from cell phone and cost/price separation.

Pros:

I like that this supports multi device use, barcode scanning from cell phone and price/cost separation.

Cons:

sometimes inventory can give a false number or not fully updated information about a product on a different device than scanned and input from.

Ger M.
consultant in Ireland
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Used in an event companies warehouse

5 3 years ago

Comments: great.

Pros:

Completed changed and improved how we track a myriad of items we use at events. Our office staff can how see everything in our warehouse and its exact location.

Cons:

No calendar ability to saee where an item will be on a future date.

Dianne L.
Management Information Systems Manager in US

Sortly Pro for IT Inventory

3 3 years ago

Comments: We are populating the inventory as we go. So far it seems pretty good.

Pros:

The ability to take a scan of the bar code on most items is very helpful. It helps capture the serial number which in turn helps us track when the item was purchased. The ability to take a picture of the item is helpful in case of inventory claims and just so we know what we are looking for.

Cons:

It would be great if there was more of tutorial that shows how to use it. For example, we have populated the Items, then assigned them to User folders so that we can track where the items are. We have set up Tags so that we can report on how many of a particular item we have. We have sort of fumbled around figuring all of this out. There may be a much easier way to accomplish what we need, but we don't know what it is due to the lack of training.

Anthony M.
Sr Systems Administrator in US

REAL DEAL VALUE INVENTORY

5 3 years ago

Pros:

LOVE how simply it is and the cost isn't a huge burden!

Cons:

Nothing, this great! Can't find any complaints!

Andrew M.
Andrew M.
Managing Director in Australia
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees

demo stock management SortlyPro

5 3 years ago

Comments: Would be useful to know product enhancements and timelines of enhancement for planning future usage chnages

Pros:

Easy to use and costs effective. Seamless operation on web interface or iOS App

Cons:

Lack of flexibility to control access level to changes at different folder/item levels.

Stephanie G.
Operations Assistant in US

Amazing Inventory Tracking

5 9 months ago

Comments: I LOVE how Sortly can reflect exactly what my company specifically is looking for. It is a program with user ease in mind. The customer service support team is also spectacular and they are always able to answer any problems I may run into.

Pros:

I love the ease of use, cost, and different functions of the program. It is so simple to customize how this program works.

Cons:

I do not have any complaints about this software, rather of short comings. I wish the program was able to be imported into QuickBooks on the server based platform.

Dallas C.
Dallas C.
Customer Support Specialist in US
Consumer Electronics

Sortly Pro has been a great tool in transitioning from the old spreadsheet into the 21st century.

5 4 years ago

Comments: The ability to track inventory on the go, efficiently.

Pros:

The ability to create custom fields and specify the metadata for said field. Quick to add/move/remove/edit items with quick actions. The tagging system is an efficient way to group products. You can easily track quantities and move and adjust as needed on the fly with simply an app on your phone. You get the intricacy of a spreadsheet with the user interface of an app. If you can add/edit/remove items on a social media profile, then you are savvy enough to create a basic inventory system in this platform.

Cons:

With any startup, you're going to have growing pains. They are still perfecting the system. The silver lining is in their response to customer feedback. I don't know if I would call this a con, but there is definitely something of a learning curve. For instance, to create a detailed, intricate inventory system, properly, is going to take some trial and error. There are features and ways to manipulate the app that aren't necessarily apparent. For instance, understanding it's best to keep 'Folders' to a minimum and instead use the tagging system to identify and classify items. We have our own struggles with managing inventory, but once you get a baseline established, in a normal inventory environment, maintenance shouldn't be too labor intensive.

Bridget W.
Bridget W.
Project Manager in US
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees

Perfect For Our Team

5 3 years ago

Comments: We continue to use Sortly Pro as our go to source for our inventory management. It has been a great tool for our business.

Pros:

Sortly is VERY easy to use. Adjusting inventory is a breeze and immediately updates. Our team is spread across the US and can all access our current inventory at all times on the Sortly app.

Cons:

At first, the app was not available on Android applications which affected our teams ease of use. Now it seems like Sortly has ironed out the flaws and is running seamlessly.

Benjamin B.
Cinematographer in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Perfect for Camera Equipment

5 3 years ago

Comments: Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Pros:

What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Cons:

A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it. I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.

Robert F.
IT Installation Tech in US

The App was easy to use and helpful at first, but in the end it did not do everything needed.

5 4 years ago

Comments: I was able to get a pretty solid list of inventory and was able to manage it manually for a few weeks.

Pros:

I liked that I was able to take pictures and scan the product into any folder. I liked that i was able to create as many folders as I needed. I really liked the style and functionality of the app. It just didnt accomplish everything that my bosses needed.

Cons:

I was not able to search through my items by quantity, I would like to know what I am out of so that I can restock what I do not have. It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other users on the account. I pay for Users, and it would be nice to be able to message them about specific items arriving, through the same app. Maybe a notification system of some sort. I also wish that it were easier to move items back and forth from folder to folder. It is not as user friendly as it should be when it comes to searching for the folder to move the item into. Specifically on the mobile app because when searching for the destination folder you have to click on just the arrows on the right hand side of the parent folder. Maybe implement a quick touch and a hold down action. It would also be nice to be able to receive boxes and deliveries and be able to sort them into specific folders automatically, based on what is scanned. So predetermined folders.

Kevin M.
Sales in US
Chemicals, 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use for basic inventory needs

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall Sortly has solved some of our problems with inventory management but to implement it on a wider scale it would be impossible to use as is.

Pros:

Ease of use, simple to add and delete inventory.

Cons:

Not being able to sort part numbers within the app. I wish there was a text only option to scan through inventory items easily without having screen real estate taken up by product pictures. The general layout of information, part number, lot number, etc should be editable. Especially the order in which it appears on the app. Labeling needs some help. Being able to set a specific QR code per item and reprint that specific one would be a really nice feature for inventory management. Being able to use a standard label printer to make labels vs using a sheet and standard printer. Or make your own thermal printer to use Sortly branded labels with the app!

Audrey R.
Director of Marketing in US

Get the Trial - All the Features but no commitment

4 last year

Comments: Sortly was very easy to use and they were also flexible with the trial timeline.

Pros:

The trial was so easy to setup and had all of the features. I had it on my phone and an iPad for the trial. The interface is intuitive and simple. It would be great for operations trying to track simple inventory functions.

Cons:

I did not really have any issues with the system. We were tying it to an existing platform so we were really going to have to rely on the exports, but it would have handled that.

Alternatives Considered: Clear Spider

Natasha M.
Assistant Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Excellent resource for small business!

4 3 years ago

Comments: As a small non-profit business, our inventory changes rapidly and comes from a large variety of vendors. Having the ability to add a vendor name helps us to find items and know where we can reorder more from.

Pros:

I love having the ability to scan a bar code and get the information about a product, then add that info into our data at the click of a button. Also having the ability to scan a code or search a word to find items in the data base, which prevents dual entry.

Cons:

Just wish there were more items that had all the data already in the system. I assume this will increase with time. Our inventory changes rapidly so having to add all the data for a vast majority of items is quite time consuming.

Kiley A.
Youth Program Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

SAIL Loan Closet

5 3 years ago

Comments: The Customer Service has been immensely helpful to us in understanding how the app can be used to best suit the needs of our specific Loan Closet project. We had been doing things in a roundabout way and the Customer Service team was quick and kind to point out a better way to use the app.

Pros:

Super fast and easy to inventory new items due to how intuitive the set up is. It has been very easy to teach other people in our office how to use the system! We can also see the exportable CSV files being a favorite feature for monthly/yearly reports in the months to come.

Cons:

Twice we lost several entries/data due to updates or system errors. We were unable to recover that data which was frustrating.

Sam G.
Fuel Tech/ IT in US

After 20+ years of using an outdated inventory system it was a relief to find the Sortly App.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Everything is set up and easy to use, the interface is straight forward and I was able to get straight to work within minutes. If you have a small business and are ready to get out of old ways of inventory I highly suggest Sortly.

Cons:

The hashtag search feature can be a hold up sometimes when doing so many numbers with same tag. I wish there was a way to add a hashtag across an entire album instead of inputting the menu with every number. Also I noticed as inventory builds I have to refresh screen more often as some numbers would become unavailable unless I refresh the screen..

Nicholas R.
Ceo in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

Softly ftw

5 3 years ago

Pros:

We were able to quickly inventory our whole studio

Cons:

I wish there were more label formats. We had to make our own smaller labels.