• Overall

About Sortly

The industry's simplest (mobile friendly) Inventory and asset tracking system. Trusted by 1000's of businesses. Get it for free today!

Learn more about Sortly

Andrea W.
Owner and Founder
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/16

"Best solution for inventory tracking using a photo and tagging using custom fields."

Pros: Ability to print and share inventory list. Ability to create custom fields. Ability to associate photos. Makes tracking unique items easier.

Cons: Printing doesn't include custom fields negating the value of this feature. File hierarchy isn't easy to manipulate when inventory items need to be moved around. Could be made easier and less clunky. Need ability to delete, hide, or reorder fields. Great tool for managing furniture for a move, art inventory, or anything that needs to be reviewed by a third party and tagged. Would like if App vs desktop version more similar. Would like ability to sort by a tag. Not sure the scan and QR code is relevant to my needs as a professional organizer. Seems more useful for someone with actual inventory (mulitples of the same item) vs a home owner with lots of unique items.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/16
Miguel S.
Drone Technician
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/30

"An active user's true review"

Comments: We were a start up company 3yrs ago and grew quite a bit since then. We had a mess of items that needed organization. In a matter of a few days, I had a 3yr mess sorted and organized. I've received high praising from managers and bosses alike for changing the companies dynamic so drastically. Sortly helped me help myself to a standardize organization I could only imagine were possible.

Pros: The ability to export chosen folders/files. This was huge!

Cons: It would be nice if sortly had a "location" section for a even more descriptive stock experience.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/30
Brandon B.
Vice President
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/06

"it works well, syncing can be an issue at times but overall good product"

Pros: easy to use. simple scan codes for inventory tracking. Can use it across all my devices, iphone, iPad, and Mac to always be up to date.

Cons: syncing can sometimes be an issue. obviously with an inventory tracker a difference of even one can make a difference. it has got better, especially after going to the pro version.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/06
Kevin A.
IT Infrastructure Manager
Building Materials, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Easy and Aforadable"

Comments: we run a small hvac company and this tool has helped us reduce our spending by allowing our project managers to see what we have on sight that may have been returned from other jobs and prevents us from over ordering. it also allows team members the ability to see what we have on and at a moments notice. this has been a great fit for our company

Pros: Sorry Pro was very easy to setup and to use. I was easily able to add items keep them categorized for easy searches

Cons: for the purpose we are using this i have not found any cons yet. I am still looking

Joey T.
Upstream Process Development Engineer II
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/02

"Nice tool to keep track of inventory"

Comments: Overall, it is a good tool to maintain inventory. However, we have had encountered some minor bugs.

Pros: Sortly would send notification if inventory is below a pre-set amount.

Cons: Sortly requires users to click on descriptions. Users often click the icons instead of the descriptions.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/02
James K.
Operations Manager
Farming, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/18

"An excellent and simple app to manage inventory."

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely happy with the software. Its created efficiency within my business and has saved me a lot of money on part runs for items that we already had in inventory. I would highly recommend this software.

Pros: What I like most about the app is how simple it is to use and categorize product. As a small business owner, I was having a tough time trying to find an inventory program that fit out business needs. Once I found Sortly Pro, it streamlined our business and created efficiencies company wide.

Cons: The only negative I have experienced is with the lack of instant notifications. I wish it notified the administrator or owner when specific items are pulled from inventory. A suggestion would be to include this as an option when entering inventory into the system.

Jenny N.
Practice Mngt
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/15

"Great way to sort out inventory!"

Pros: It's very user friendly. I was able to use it without any problems. Also taught other staff members and they were able to comprehend and help complete the task.

Cons: It doesn't recognize some of the barcodes when trying to scan them. It worked better on my phone then the iPad.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/15
Jonathan S.
network support specialist

"clean experience"

Pros: I liked the seamless integration between web app and mobile app. pictures help coordinate things, and custom fields let me handle the specifics of our inventory without any hassle.

Cons: The mobile app glitched out on me once, but it was fixed with a quick reinstall. There was also a learning curve with making qr labels, but I figured it out, and that was more on my printer than anything.

Supply Chain Specialist
Retail, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/30

"Easy and Helpful Inventory Tracker"

Pros: Sortly Pro allowed our team to keep track of our inventory. Inventory updating is possible and easy. Barcoding is a feature that was mostly needed by our team for our supplies and Sortly Pro provided that feature. Sortly Pro allows our team to create reports and analytics regarding our products which is a great feature as well.

Cons: Needs more updates with its current features, but everything other than that works great.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/30
Operations Specialist
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/01

"IT Inventory's Best Friend"

Comments: Love Sortly!!

Pros: Ease of use and flexibility. Love the app!

Cons: There's not anything I don't like. Sortly is a great product!

• Reviewed on 2019/02/01
Xavier C.
General Administration
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/20

"Sortly Pro - Mobile Rehab"

Comments: We have completely overhauled and streamlined our inventory/asset management processes with Sortly.. we have no complaints and will continue to utilize Sortly Pro going forward

Pros: Ease of use, simple functionality, strong and versatile capabilities

Cons: Tracking history/review of movement among folders

• Reviewed on 2019/01/20
Connor D.
Medical Sales Vendor
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/08

"I use sortly to keep track of inventory at various hospital locations in Los Angeles."

Pros: The overall functionality is easy to use and makes sense. Taking photos for each item makes it easy to record information. Tagging each item with specific instruments is great.

Cons: Items seem to disappear or move from account to account. This could possible be caused by updates but none the less makes things difficult.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/08
Eric R.
Studio Manager
Motion Pictures & Film, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/18

"Has changed our way of organizing photo/video gear"

Comments: Overall Sortly is incredible and I would highly recommend anyone on the fence about to get it. It's worth every penny.

Pros: Right away I love the ease of use. Sortly Pro makes it effortless to organize your inventory. The app isn't confusing like other inventory apps. I also love the ability to export/print PDFs.

Cons: I hope there's a better check-in/check-out system for gear.

Charley L.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/06

"Ok"

Pros: Great visual and math features, easy to set up, with multiple folder options. Sorry, I don't have a hundred characters of pros, so I am just writing this to fill in he required space for this review to work.

Cons: Changes made when offline don't seem to sinc when you go online. Contrary to popular belief, don't always get web reception where the goods are, and even if you do, you have to wait for it to reboot after every single entry. If internet is slow, you can go ten times faster on paper.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/06
Meredith M.
Speech-Language Pathologist
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/27

"Great tool"

Pros: As a speech therapist, I love that I can tag each item with a skill or concept. This is incredibly useful for when I am planning for my next session. I simply type in the skill/concept I want to target in the search tool and all the activities, toys, and games that are tagged with that skill pop up. Very easy and quick for planning.

Cons: Perhaps if there was a way to have the most tags or the most recent tags pop up when you are adding a new item would eliminate the time it takes to add new tags.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/27
Austin H.
logistics manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/25

"Great for keeping stock of our warehouse"

Pros: simple to use and a great UX we had everything set up in a day for an entire warehouse.

Cons: not an easy way to deduct items from the total count without recounting and just changing the number

Sheng A.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/19

"Weird Scanner"

Comments: Overall the app was okay but the scanner part of it not working was a big turn off.

Pros: I thought this app was adequate. Entering items into inventory was pretty easy and it did everything it advertised.

Cons: Even though I initially enjoyed the app, the barcode scanner on it doesn't function properly sometimes. At first it was fine but when I got to about 5 or 6 items, the scanner refused to read barcodes. Also the free version is limited.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/19
Doug W.
Administration Director
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/18

"Great Software at a Great Price"

Comments: We were trying to find an efficient and effective way to keep track of our office supplies without having to manually check stock levels every day. Sortly Pro solved that problem and at a great price point!

Pros: Ease of use. It was simple to setup and even easier to use on a day-to-day basis. Performs inventory management perfectly. The reminder features are especially useful.

Cons: The fact that you cannot use the barcode scanner for products outside of the category you are in. For example if you setup a category for office supplies and then try to scan something for kitchen supplies even though you are still in the office supplies screen, it will not let you. You should be able to scan any product from any screen.

Director of Operations and Events
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/21

"Great system that has really helped our business"

Comments: We have a wide inventory with multiple uses. Sortly has helped us consolidate information in one convenient location and given us the opportunity to see all aspects of our inventory under one 'roof.' The check-in/check-out process is quick and easy for anyone on our team and even though we don't use some of the tools that it offers, as our business grows it is nice to know that we have a system that can accommodate our diverse needs.

Pros: The software is user friendly, offers a lot of practical functions, and offers the exact needs for our business. Using it has kept us more organized, more efficient, and has saved us time and money.

Cons: The one feature that I would like to see added is the ability to move items in bulk based on a custom number, not the entire inventory.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/21
Kensuke K.
Account Executive
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/13

"Simple and easy app to use"

Pros: I use this app to control the office supply and sample inventory. I like its simple template that I can easily change the setting. It is useful that I can save the picture of the material as well.

Cons: When I change the inventory, I liked the old version that I could simply press + or . Now I have to type in the number.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/13
Melanie D.
VP Operations
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/05

"Easy to use and set up. Good value overall."

Pros: The app is easy to use and requires a minimal training period for users. It is aesthetically pleasing while being functional. Set up was quick, easy, and can be implemented same day.

Cons: It's missing some core functionality that would be helpful:
- Ability to choose which info is displayed first when pulling up a searched item. From our use, we need to see quantity and customer cost first, we don't need to see the QR code, it leads to unnecessary scrolling on the users part to access the info needed.
- Permission based views of fields per item. Such as the ability to hide fields, such as dealer cost from non-admin users.
-Permission based editing of fields.
- Ability to reprint QR labels that have been created
- Custom fields are great, but they are limited to text fields. A drop box feature would be great.
- Search field suing the web / computer doesn't work as well as the apps.
- Low inventory alerts are needed.
- a live support number would be highly helpful for any business.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/05
Sean W.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/28

"Best inventory tracker I've found"

Pros: Sortly is easy to use, helps us update our inventory quickly and accurately, and is well worth the small cost. Having not just a photo, but tags and descriptions for each item is invaluable to our business as many of the designs have similar titles/themes.

Cons: Under the free version we had a limit on the number of items that could be tracked, but once we upgraded to the Pro version we've had no issues or complaints with the software.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/28
Jason R.
Histologist
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/25

"Sortly in the Laboratory Environment"

Comments: This was exactly the application that I needed when I started our Laboratory inventory system. It is easy for my staff to look up if we have any chemicals on site, and the ability to add custom fields and tags allows us to keep a list of all of our Hazardous materials and link the SDS(new MSDS) forms to the chemicals, as OSHA and other agencies require.

Pros: To be honest, it is 'dumb' software. It has a very basic structure that allowed us to fill in and sort things as we needed to without fighting against any templates or pre-designed structure that got in our way.
It is super easy to integrate the iOS/Android app as a barcode scanner, something that other inventory management software charges *thousands* of dollars for, as well as expensive hardware to use. Most of your employees already have cell phones, or can be issued ones for work easily.

Cons: It is not quite as intuitive of an interface as the design would lead you to expect. A few good video/YouTube tutorials would be helpful.
The team is still developing features as clients give them input, so things can change quickly. App does not always push to update versions and old versions can be out of synch with the database.
Uses Avery labels when I would prefer a zebra printer for printing labels.

Matt G.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/12

"Very Useful"

Comments: Sortly Pro is easy to use and the price is acceptable.

Pros: This product is great. We use it to track our tools and easily catalogue everything that comes in and out of our storage.

Cons: Product has only a small learning curve, once you use it a few times its very very simple. No notable "cons".

• Reviewed on 2020/10/12
Maria M.
Lab Coordinator
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/18

"Has lots of potential, but is lacking a bit of common sense"

Comments: It has been a process. I would love to be able to do a full switch of our inventory into the system however, it is difficult as there can be lots of mistakes that can happen that are difficult to track meaning that it is nearly impossible to reconcile properly.

Pros: When I was looking at the program prior to committing, the advertising and sell guide was impressive.

Cons: It is not easy to use. I find it frustrating often and it is difficult to find support. There are times when I need support right away and I have to "schedule" a meeting.