About Factorial

Factorial streamlines HR processes for every stage of the employee life cycle so HR can focus on what really matters.

Learn more about Factorial

Factorial ratings

Factorial has an overall rating of 4,5 out 5 stars based on 182 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Factorial before?

Lotte G.
Senior Technical Project Manager in Qatar
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10 000+ Employees

Easy Staff Managment Through Factorial

5 6 days ago New

Comments: As of now, the Factorial Application is running smoothly and meeting all desired expectations in my business unit. Staff is much pleased with the software as they no longer need to visit my office to submit their leave forms physically as the application enables them to request these through the system. Likewise, never missed my tasks and not had any arguments with my subordinates with regard to their day-offs. All the above achievements emerged thanks to Factorial Software. You will never regret owning this software because this will help to save your human assets in the company.

Pros:

One of the best aspects of the Factorial app is its handy Dashboard. This provides a great helicopter view to senior staff with regard to identifying many activities such as upcoming events, pending tasks, upcoming holidays, and community posts. The Dashboard is in blocked shape with enlarged text, which helps users to quickly capture the eyes of the user without missing any activity! Furthermore, the users can easily install many user-friendly applications that integrate with Factorial through a few clicks. Some of the great features you can enjoy using these apps are Goals, reviews, surveys, training and etc. Another superb plus point is users can integrate the mailboxes, including outlook. If somebody thinks this is an exaggeration; I must tell you that you should try their free version before purchasing this! You will surely be mesmerized by your output!

Cons:

So far, I did not experience any issues, since I have been using limited features yet but there are many other areas to capitalize on. There are abundant capabilities this App has but I am yet to experience any misbehaves of this app. In a nutshell, there are literally zero issues for me as of now!

Joana P.
Founder and Managing Partner in Portugal
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees

Terrible customer service

5 last month New

Pros:

A lot of features and options for HR management.

Cons:

Factorial has a lot of features and options, however it is very hard to use and implement. The customer service is one of the worst I have ever encountered: they simply do not reply to anything. It was very hard to schedule a meeting with their sales team in order to get a proposal to start working with them. That was almost 3 months ago and I still did not receive the proposal. Also, they have good features, but it is hard to implement and start working, and since customer service is so bad, I'm not even sure how we'd set them up.

Caroline C.
Marketing in Spain

Solid cost-effective HR/PTO/hours tracking for small teams

4 8 months ago

Comments: Viewing team vacation days and who is in/out of the office as a peer is easy, but protects peoples' privacy as well.

Pros:

Decent UI for end users; plenty of customization available for leave reasons, alternate configurations, etc.

Cons:

A little tedious to use re interface for submitting PTO when it is not just a straight shot, but is instead in half days, etc. A visual calendar editor with half day indicators would be easier, rather than selecting date after date day by day. From an administrative side, there is a significant amount of initial configuration needed when starting with the software, and with each time that you add an employee, however, this is similar in almost all competitive softwares.

Denisse H.
HR Specialist in Spain

Factorial for our changing process

5 2 years ago

Comments: We use to make the payrolls with a company and for me this process was terrible, was that time of the month when i really not wanted to be on. Now all this process is really easy and the communication with payroll staff is vry clear and fluid so any doubt it´s solved at the moment.

Pros:

What we like the most was how easy is understand the platform and used. There´s no one who can not be able to find what they need or registered in the platform. How easily is complete the payroll process and how attent are the payroll staff. That i can use the platform for more than just one use, as example: payroll, recruitment, as documentary, to share documents with the employees, etc...

Cons:

What i like least is that in the lead product that i think is the payroll i mis some usabilities as do changes directly in the payroll when are ready, like last minute changes that make the process return to scratch. Will be more easy if i can do it online. I really miss create differents document folders. I think that right now you have it but it´s a differente package.

partner success manager latam in Spain
Consumer Services, 501-1 000 Employees

All hr information Conected in one platform

4 2 years ago

Comments: for me it is a great HR Platform, because you can manage everything in one tool! even if you are from the HR Department, or an user (employee) that self manage their neccesities.

Pros:

it's easy to use. to ask for a free day it's quick, because your manager receive an alert to be approved or denied, you can control the schedules of all the employees, vacations, the exact hours an employee has worked. Also, all the information of all the employees in one hand.

Cons:

I think it is necessary to find another way to control attendance, either by synchronizing with a work tool to avoid forgetting to record worker attendance. In my case, I had to set a daily alarm to remember to fill it.

Maiari A.
HR Business Partner & Operations Manager in Spain

Factorial for IT

5 2 years ago

Comments: The "problem" that this has solved is abiding by the Spanish law implemented last year for employees to clock in daily working hours. If we get an inspection, thanks to Factorial, we Will not have any problems. It is also easy for our travelling consultants to clock in wherever they may be worldwide.

Pros:

It is easy to use and as the administrator it is easy for me to see if employees are clocking in their hours and chase them if they are not. Also if one forgets to clock in one day it is easy to fill in the hours afterwards. I believe the payslips and time off work well (from a friend who uses it in his company) but we have our own system internally so I do not use this personally. Also when I have had an issue client services get back to me very quickly.

Cons:

Can´t think of anything that I do not like about it.

Megan W.
Head of People in Spain

Easy to use, nice user interface

4 last year

Comments: It has only been a short period but so far the service has been excellent and we are happy with the product in general. It is still quite simple and some complexity needs to be added regarding historical data and the employee journey but this feedback has been shared and is being actioned.

Pros:

The day-to-day operational features are easy for users and administrators. Eg. clock-in, time off, employee directory, org chart, viewing and sharing documents, announcements, etc.

Cons:

The product is still in its early stages. It needs more depth regarding employee historical data (eg. changes of position and manager). The reporting could be a bit more automated but the Customer Success team has been very useful to guide regarding any doubts.

Sophie paige H.
HR Business Partner in Spain
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Organising and bringing team together!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Every part of the process has been great: The onboarding, support and the constant available videos, articles and content really prove that Factorial are the best in the sector!

Pros:

What I like most about Factorial is obviously how user friendly it is for our employees, our team managers and ourselves as administrators. This is not only useful for organising fair time off for holidays but it also allows team members to check in on who and when fellow colleagues are here - therefore helping them plan projects etc. The social side: making visible different events on the dashboard such as team outings, birthdays, events etc..

Cons:

How we currently are using Factorial, all the features are apt for us.

Lilian M.
Consulting manager in Spain

Very happy with the functionalities we need

4 2 years ago

Pros:

We use Factorial for Time tracking holiday compensation & tracking Team availability & holiday schedules Office information Those features we are using are working very well and are very easy to use, as an end-user but also on the administration part. Using a cloud-based solution is definitively the best approach.

Cons:

We have seen some periods where the application was out-of -service We need to be able to add hours of holidays (for compensation of extra-hours) and the product is limiting us to half-days

Alberto M.
Ops Manager in Spain
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

Definitely a good tool for upcoming businesses

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Support team, easy to use... I think FactorialHR hasn't thousands of functionalities, but those that are included just do the job. Price per user and functionality is definitely a great value.

Cons:

It lacks some automation flows but since they implemented integration with Zapier it's almost solved.

Sarah O.
HR Manager in UK
Food Production, 51-200 Employees

Better Options for HR Systems

4 4 months ago

Comments: I wouldn't personally recommend but it may have improved. I wouldn't want to pay for the product.

Pros:

Cheap and very budget-friendly. ok for small headcount

Cons:

I used the free version before they charged for the service. It was developed outside the UK (spain) so some parts weren't translated well. It wasn't able to handle shifts and varying patterns and was very basic.

Partner Success Manager in Spain
Consumer Services, 501-1 000 Employees

Factorial my favorite HR software.

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have really enjoyed using Factorial as we HR tool. It is very easy to use and intuitive, comfortable, and very well-organized itself.

Pros:

The best part of Factorial (for me) because I work in a large company is being able to locate people and recognize their roles, the team they belong to, and who their supervisor is. In addition, it is possible to see the entire organization chart. In this way, it is easier to know who to go to in different situations. For daily attendance control and requesting days off, it is also very easy to use.

Cons:

I would like to be able to synchronize Factorial with my email or other work software, so I don't have to open the web to register my daily attendance.

Carmen D.
PMO in Spain

A great solution SMO

5 2 years ago

Comments: GREAT! You need to improve customer services / services desk sometime tickets get loss.

Pros:

the UX/ UI, how easy is to start with setting and documents to be uploaded.

Cons:

When a release is done, we experience several bugs and then we need to figure our what happens. Time tracking, we can't add different work schedules, besides 40-20 hours, e.g. we don't have m-t full day and Friday half day. Signature process som time is quite complicated, I know all this things are a work in progress, and so far I really like / love your solution!

Natan G.
Digital Marketing in Spain
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Excellent Software

5 3 months ago

Comments: I'm super satisfied, Factorial cover everything we need for our HR processes and we can save a lot of time by not doing manual tasks.

Pros:

All in one HR software, covering everything we need to manage our HR process. Easy time clock and time tracking, PTO, evaluation performance, documents, and digital signature.

Cons:

It's easy to use and intuitive. Had to contact support to integrate with other APIs, but they were really helpful.

Rahul D.
email marketing manager in Spain

Qualitative use of factorial

5 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

- It's really great place to engage with all employee plus to manage their track records & attendance. We can easily apply for leave application without writing big emails. - you can have working schedules & employee profiles up to date - you can manage payroll & holiday calendar + really useful place for survey

Cons:

sometimes it takes ages to load but might be server connection issues

Serena G.
Executive Assistant in Spain

Factorial easy and clean approach to HR

4 last year

Comments: Absolutely positive!

Pros:

Time tracking and Time off management Easy to use

Cons:

In the TASKS section when you create a form you can't decide the order of tasks

Veronica T.
marketing executive in Italy

User-friendly HR software

5 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like Factorial as it's a very simple and intuitive software. From the employee perspective, I think it's pretty valuable because all the documents are arranged in an orderly manner, and it's possible to upload files both from laptop and mobile devices. The dashboard gathers all the relevant information in one place so it's super easy to stay up to date with the events of the company.

Cons:

I haven't tried yet the integration with LinkedIn because Factorial is currently working to release an update, and I am really curious to examine this aspect (as a marketing executive, it's important to me that I can link the two platforms in order to enhance employee engagement)

Alejandro R.
Co-Founder & CEO in Spain

Good solution for HR problems

5 7 months ago

Comments: Happy customer

Pros:

Nice UX/UI Mobile App Scalable Strong product

Cons:

Payroll is too separated from SaaS This is something that 80% of the times is a bad thing, on the other 20% it is nice to speak with a profesional partner who owns a strong legal payroll background

Tatiana K.
Tatiana K.
Finance Controller in Spain
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Must have for the mid size company

5 2 years ago

Comments: Simplifies all HR related processes

Pros:

Covers all HR processes, easy to use and administrate

Cons:

Reporting is definitely the are for improvement

Diego V.
Business Manager in Netherlands
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

Good HR software for small companies

5 2 years ago

Pros:

The possibility to manage all aspects of our employee in the same place and according to Spanish law.

Cons:

Factorial could offer more space to upload public documents for the whole company, and the most important to organize them in different folders, like Google drive.

Bogdan-victor J.
Designer in Spain

A breeze to use

5 2 years ago

Comments: I can easily check my documents and calendar at a glance

Pros:

intuitive, easy to use, and straightforward

Cons:

occasionally to rarely occurring bugs, other than that nothing

Inigo M.
HR/Payroll Specialist in Spain
Events Services, 201-500 Employees

Factorial HR Review

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use, all the information in the same place and good customer service

Cons:

Companies cannot configure the time tracking as they wish.

Guillermo D.
Senior Engineering Manager / Office Manager in Spain
Events Services, 51-200 Employees

Easy to use and reliable

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Very easy to use, good UI/UX, very clear with permissions, easy to roll out.

Cons:

Nothing to say here.

Oscar N.
Financial Controller in Spain
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Great HR software!!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I like how "easy to use"is the system, very clear and covers all the functionalities that we need for a HR system. Also we valuate a lot the team abscenses calendar.

Cons:

The benefits side is a bit unclear, sometimes we have problems to contract health insurance.

Jordi G.
HR Team Leader EMEAR in Spain
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

New User Feedback

4 2 years ago

Pros:

I really liked the ease of use of the software. You have many options and the configuration is more comfortable. There are some aspects to improve but in general the application is very positive.

Cons:

The fact of not being able to play with the dashboard design. It is important to be able to maintain the corporate colors and designs and not just the logo.