15 years helping South African businesses

Google Workspace Reviews

4.7 (15,404) Write a Review!

About Google Workspace

Google Workspace is how teams of all sizes connect, create, and collaborate — to drive innovation from any device, and any location.

Learn more about Google Workspace

Pros:

Customer support is good and in some plans you have priority support services. The collaboration is the most transparent possible, work agility is better than with other solutions.

Cons:

It can be frustrating when there are features that are available in MS Suite that GSuite does not have. They are few and far in between, but once in a while it does frustrate you.

Google Workspace ratings

4.3

9.0/10

Google Workspace has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 15,404 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Workspace before?

Filter reviews (15,404)

Enaan
Enaan
Digital Marketing Executive in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

A great business collaboration tool

Comments: Google Workspace has been an amazing asset to my business. The apps are user-friendly and the collaboration tools are top-notch. I love the ability to easily share files and communicate with my team members. The pricing is also very affordable. The business apps integration is also a great feature - you can easily access your email, calendar, and contacts from within the workspace. Overall, I've found Google Workspace to be a great tool for business collaboration.

Pros:

Google Workspace is the most complete way to work from anywhere specifically when you have to work both from home and office. Google Workspace includes Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Slides. I can use all these services from one place with a single login. It's saves a huge time. I can work with others team mate at the same time on the same document and see their changes in real time.

Cons:

It is little bit hard to configure for the first time if you are not a tech savvy guys.

Jen
Jen
Owner/CEO in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

"Worth the Price", I keep reminding myself...

Comments: My relationship with Google Workspace could definitely be described as "conflicted". I love many of the features, but other aspects, such as trying to understand their instructions and the added fees to add extra domain names, frustrates me.

Pros:

What makes me stay with Workspace is the extreme capacity for file storage (you get much higher limits with a paid Workspace account, vs their free Google Drive accounts), and easy management of sending/receiving emails with one of my domain names. I appreciate how easy it is to send and receive email through my primary domain, and I like the ability to share a folder between my multiple Google email addresses. I am a "solo-preneur," but since I have many projects, I have multiple emails, and it's nice to be able to access the folder from basically every email address I've shared it with.

Cons:

I really want to give Workspace higher reviews. What stops me? A few issues: 1. The fact that to add each additional domain name is an extra $12/month. 2. They say alias domains are free; they essentially redirect to a primary domain, or any other domain you've set up in your organization. But thus far, I have set up several and cannot get a single one of them to actually work. I keep getting "undeliverable" notices. 3. Their instructions are absolutely NOT "user-friendly". I dread looking up instructions on how to implement anything in Google Workspace, because their dry instructions were apparently written with the assumption that everyone reading them is on the same level of knowledge that the coders were.

Bogdan Alexandu
Stock Manager in UK
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Google Workspace

5.0 5 days ago New

Comments: Google Workspace tools are esential for a business. It was easy to transfer all the emails from Outlook to Gmail. I really like the cloud syncronization and the ability to work from different devices but in the same place.

Pros:

Setting up the account is straightforword and Google team will help you is just one phone call away to help. The services and features Google offers for a relative low price are amazing. I like I am no more limited by the email space and i dont have to delete emails in order to receive others. Document management and storage is another great and very useful feature, also, sharing and colaborating with other is made easy.

Cons:

In more than 1 year i could not found something to add here.

Coordinator of Network and Technology Services in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

G Suite - The New Standard for Education

Comments: Google is awesome. Google Sucks. Google changes things at random, because they think they know better than you. Google's project vision often excludes we the user. They have plans for one application, so you won't get a feature in another. They intend to replace something, so you can just do without while we work on it, to later discontinue it. But G-Suite works. It's awesome for email. It has a terrific set of applications that are becoming mainstream enough that I get less and less shouts at for it not being office. Google Drive is great, as a last bastion of storage for when someone loses their documents. The configurations of various apps for users is awesome for most of the Google Apps (if they have been blessed to give you such settings). Do I recommend it? Absolutely. It's a necessity in a Google Education district. Would I use it for email even If I wasn't? Yes I sure would. The rest of the options, iffy.

Pros:

G Suite, a powerful collection of Googles Utilities wrapped up in a business-centric manageable cloud (for in our case, Education). There is a large amount of customization available based upon users by OU, which can trickle down into Chromebook management, and more. Quick alias support for name changes. Extra Routing steps for email if you wish (route through your own filters, or a second route for internal archiving). Enable / Disable GSuite apps based upon OU. And configurations based upon such. Password Syncs with Active Directory (requires an install on a password management server). User Sync with Active Directry (requires another install on a directory server).

Cons:

G Suite is excellent. But G Suite does suffer some flaws. The management interface is SLOW. I cannot underscore this enough. Antique "Active Directory Users and Computers" is like lightning compared to using the management interface. The mangaement inferface tends to forget your log-ins mid stream, it doesn't remember where you were, and your attempted setting change wasn't set. Don't forget. Some interfaces hide the save button (seemingly...). Other settings are saved on click (lack of consistency). New features are often bleeding edge, but also sometimes completely excluded because "it's not for business customers"? Restrict "Hangouts" for some users? No... you cannot, you have to use "Hangouts Chat" because that's the business client, but that doesn't integrate into email.

Tito
Computer Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Amazing product. Uptime, support, easy to use, low cost for a great suite. Powerful.

Comments: Overall great product good price. Awesome technology. Great tools. Uptime is almost perfect. Google products are solid. Do your due diligence and find out if its for you.

Pros:

It was easy to setup and migrate from 365. Powerful suite with lots of tools. I mainly use it for email. Google search and Gmail are powerful tools by default and free. Now imagine having a paid version of it with all that and some extra tools. Like extra space, domain, Outlook sync support. Spam support by default is great and keeps most garbage out. You don't need to set it up or tweak it like 365. Archiving is the best, you can hold all your email and archive it. You can still access it with search. 365 still has an outdated pst files the grows exponentially. Overall a great product recommended but do your homework.

Cons:

Only real issues are if you lose your credentials or access to an old phone number that has all the recovery information. It's over complicated just to recover your account. I don't mind because I don't want people hacking my account. I had to prove ownership even though I could log in. Proving ownership is complicated so have good records and if you change phone numbers make sure you update all your account settings. Also if you have 365 you will need to purchase Microsoft office on your own. Google docs, sheets, are great but not as powerful as Microsoft Office products.

Jeremy
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Prout User of Google Workspace

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience has been very positive. I did need to some help and was able to find plenty of tutorials and written explanations.

Pros:

There are all kinds of tools in the Workspace that are free and are very good quality. I primarily use the Workspace for my email accounts.

Cons:

Honestly, because there are so many options, I don't like the fact that I personally can't figure out how to integrate them all into my business. www.westvalleyhomecare.com

Josh
Regional Director in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Google Workspace Review

5.0 5 days ago New

Pros:

I really like the file management and live updates on all Google docs and sheets.

Cons:

Google workspace has a lot of syncing and uploading glitches from time to time.

Joshua
Infrastructure Engineer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

The best domain name / email management service.

5.0 6 days ago New

Comments: I have been using Google Workspace since 2015, and it's been a fantastic journey so far

Pros:

Easy management, Superb integration with any other service like exclaimer for digital email signature and the rest. The ability to downgrade subscription from Business Standard to Business Starter instantly, without losing any data.

Cons:

Price is relatively high, needs to be lower than current price

Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Essential tools for work

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It has many features such as g-mail, google drive, chat, web conferencing (Meet), sites, forms, keep, etc., and it is almost unlimited in capacity. Even employees who do not have a high level of literacy are able to get used to the service relatively quickly. We have never experienced any service outages, and the system functions well as an information infrastructure.

Cons:

When sharing google drive outside the company with a specific domain, the other party must also be a Google Workspace user. In this case we have to use another online storage service.

Oil & Energy, 2–10 Employees

A workspace for the entire company

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Everyone has access to everything. We all have the ability to upload and download files securely and quickly!

Cons:

So far we have no experienced any cons, any issues that may have come up were usually due to our own error.

Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

A full feature office suite, wherever you are

Comments: Overall, G-Suite is a great tool for productivity and collaboration. The pros far outweigh the cons.

Pros:

-Cloud based: Can use in the office or remote. Works on multiple devices and syncs seamlessly -Ease of use: Most apps are initiative and feel familiar, especially if you've used the Microsoft Office suite in the past. -Scalability: Allows a company to grow their team with ease. -Google ecosystem - great if you already have a gmail account, Android, or any other Google products. -Versatile: G-Suite can replace multiple applications. Office Suite and file storage, just to name a couple.

Cons:

Slow load times: I'm often surprised how long the "Working..." text lingers before everything loads. You'd think Google's servers would be powerful enough to load documents and spreadsheets nearly instant. I've noticed this issue on multiple devices. Desire to convert. I wish G-Suite did a better job of viewing Microsoft files nativity. You can technically view them I always feel the need to convert to a G-Suite file to get the most use. And then I'm stuck with 2 file types. Not great for transferring documents to a Microsoft user back and forth. There could be improvement here.

Bryan
Technology Director in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Best option for a school or non-profit to share and collaborate in an office environment

Comments: Gsuite has a minimal cost for us, and it allows us to collaborate within our organization and with all of our customers as well.

Pros:

Our organization wouldn't be the same without a tool like Gsuite. Most school districts use Gsuite because it is a free service. We can share and collaborate on just about any kind of document. 90% of our employees do most of their daily job within Gsuite. GSuite also connects to hundreds of 3rd party apps and it can be used as your centralized user database.

Cons:

Enterprise security measures are not a top priority. Google is constantly improving this concern, but I believe Microsoft addresses these concerns better than Google.

Marisa
Web Guru in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

One of the Best File Storage Systems for Teams

Comments: We were having a huge problem with document version control, not knowing where things were (which also related to version control) and it was costing us valuable time and productivity. Now that we have G Suite, that isn't a problem anymore. We just might have to tell someone where a folder is now and then but usually we have it set up pretty intuitively. Plus, because of things like Google Docs and Sheets, we can collaborate on documents that are saved inside of our Team Drive. It makes things so easy! We knew that this product would help us when we decided to purchase it but I'm not sure we realized just how much.

Pros:

I love that everything is in 1 place. Our team no longer has to try to figure out who has what file because we know to just put it on the Team Drive. It's also nice because we can share files out to people who aren't in our team which makes things like website downloads really nice because if we need to update it, we just update the current file and don't have to change the link. It has really helped our team be more productive and save time because we're not searching for files like we used to with SugarSync. (Plus trying to remember to share folders with everyone.) I also love that everything is streamed to my computer (unless I have specifically selected to have offline access to something). That way, if I'm working on things where I don't need access to Team Drive, I can just close it. Doesn't take up any extra space on my machine.

Cons:

One feature I wish we had although I do kind of understand why it's not available would be the ability to share folders within a Team Drive. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to share a folder with a client to give them access to everything that they need but for now we either have to individually give access to every file or copy it to our My Drive and issue access that way.

Paul
Director in Ireland
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Arguably essential for any serious small to large businesses

Comments: If you're a small business then it's a no brainer: one low monthly fee and you get enterprise-level email, cloud storage and collaboration tools. I use it for my own business, and I recommend it to any of the small to medium-sized businesses we work it.

Pros:

- Best in class office suite (docs, sheets, slides with collaborative editing and versions) - Collaboration and sharing is easy (from shared docs, cloud storage and video calls) - Reliable, spam-protected, email service (gmail) - Constant improvements: g-suite has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years ; it's only getting better - So, so much more capability if you want to dive into everything from user-roles to managing employee devices and dedicated apps...

Cons:

Sometimes Google's menus can be a bit unituitive. There's almost too much here (especially if you're a smaller organisation)! It would be nice to have a click-and-go set up process with tooltips explaining the features for those new to the service. But generally everything is well-documented.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Great office solution for our small team

Comments: Overall I'm happy with the software. It's easy for the team to use, document sharing and working on the same document together is very simple. I finally feel Google Chat is at least somewhat more comparable to Slack, but since it was so far behind when we started using G Suite, we're now stuck with Slack and switch is just too much of a hurdle. So if you're starting out with G Suite now you might be able to save yourself the money on a separate Slack subscription as well.

Pros:

G Suite has been very easy for our small team to use. The web apps are user friendly and easy for anyone to quickly get up to speed on. Google Meet is also very easy to use for team or external video meetings, and offers dial-in numbers for participants if some are on slow internet connections or don't have a microphone setup for their computer. The video quality has improved dramatically since I first started using it back in 2018. It works in the browser with no additional software installation needed, so it's quick and easy to use each time.

Cons:

Gmail needs an overhaul, especially the settings area to make it more user-friendly. Setting up custom keyboard shortcuts to navigate through Gmail is cumbersome and there doesn't appear to be a way to map a shortcut to "Display images" in an e-mail if you have loading of these turned off by default, which I do for privacy and tracking reasons. For Google Drive it doesn't seem to save the sort order setting for each folder and there's no way to get this to save. Some folders where I prefer to sort the file order by Last Modified so recent ones show at the top then impact the sort order of other folders where I'd prefer it stay in alphabetical order. Google Meet needs to add more features similar to other video conferencing solutions to stay competitive.

Kaela
Chief Operating Officer in US
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

10/10 Recommend!

Comments: My overall experience with Google is amazing, 10 out of 10 experience. Google allows us to communicate with our clients, our team and track analytics. I love the aesthetics of Google Workspace. The dashboards are so clean cut they benefit my psychology when performing tasks. I truly love Google Workspace and would not consider another alternative.

Pros:

The features most used with Google Workspace are email monitoring, calendar management, scheduling, video and audio conferencing, secure data storage, Google Sheets, and Google Docs. These features are at the core of our business operations and without them, we would not be profitable.

Cons:

The only feature that I would love for Google to add to their products/features is a Microsoft Sharepoint equivalent. I have not found a sufficient Sharepoint equivalent with Google Workspace.

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Best collaboration and productivity suite for small or medium scaled organizations.

Comments: Google workspace is one of my favorite productivity software suite. It's extremely intuitive and easy to work with. Moreover, it's excellent product for collaborating with team members on real time basis or sharing the files across organization.

Pros:

My organization uses Google workspace as a primary software for internal emails, collaboration, document creation and meetings. I love working on Google workspace due to these reasons: 1. Google workspace works seamlessly when it comes to real time collaboration with your team/organization. Anyone who has the right access, can make real time changes to the document 2. As an owner of document, you have full access controls that allows you to share files with specific people with specific access (view/edit/download etc). 3. It provides tons of 3rd party integration like with Jira, confluence, slack, Zoom, workday etc. This makes me super productive as I don't have to spend time on exporting and importing of data between different systems. 4. All google workspace products are extremely intuitive and very well designed even for those people who are not very technically savvy.

Cons:

For online version, its hand-down the best solution. But as a Desktop solution, it lacks a lot of features. Google workspace is very basic when it comes to what you can do in their Desktop apps. Also, when it comes to 'heavy data/number crunching', I have found MS Excel to be much better in performance as compared to Google Sheets.

Alejandro
Producer in Colombia
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Lots of great features, but one of the most importants doesn't work fine

Comments: We use GMail and Calendar as our primary communication platform for all our accounts, and we're happy with both. We used to use Drive for file sharing, but now we are switching to OneDrive because their files and folders synchronization is more reliable. Also, sometimes we use Documents, Spreadsheets and YouTube and all of the works nice.

Pros:

I've been using Google Workspace for more than 15 year now, since it was free. I love how it integrates all the ecosystem of applications to make the daily office labor a lot more intuitive and straight forward.

Cons:

One of the applications that I use more often is Drive, because all the time my clients send me multimedia files (images, audios and videos), with changes between revisions and approval. Sadly, since a time to now, the real time synchronization of folders in Drive doesn't work at all. No matter the platform or the device, it synchronizes some files, but don't another ones. Sometimes it duplicates some random file, o even doesn't show a file in a given device, but in the others. It's a real mess.

Furniture, 11–50 Employees

You're likely already going to be paying for it on your email hosting, check out the rest of it!

Comments: Google Workspace ahs been a great way to encourage our team to collaborate more, create meaningful documents and processes, and help us reduce costs by transferring documents we pay to store at Box, into the Google storage we have with our existing Google Workspace accounts. This one software replaces another 3-4 that I have used at other companies. It's a great way to lean up expenses by better leveraging what you already have.

Pros:

If you're already going to use Google Workspace for your inevitable Info@ email address, take a look around at the other features that Google has to offer in the Workspace suite. Obviously there is Google Drive and the storage that's included, but you can get an unlimited amount if you need more, The calendar integration with the other products like Chat and Gmail are great. You've also got collaboration tools like Jamboard and Meet. You can create your own intranet sites easily for internal helpdesk or resource centers with the Sites app that's included. Forms is great if you have to interact with the public or other departments as an easy way to collect information without needing to repeat yourself all the time. The uses of Workspace are endless and amazing that they are included in the price.

Cons:

There terminology changes a bit when you are switching between apps, so what may mean on thing in Google Docs, may mean something else in Google Keep. The sharing functionality to send something to someone gets clunky and sometimes results in the person needing to request access to a document. And while some analytics on documents exists to see if or when someone was last on a doc, I wish it could be expanded more or a dashboard of document usage across a drive would be great.

Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

G Suite is revolutionizing use of the cloud for business and students everywhere

Comments: Extremely positive experience with G Suite. I use it all the time and the ease at which you can convert from Google format to Microsoft Office format is a huge plus, since many people still only use Office. It has overall saved me tons of time and I think really improved my students learning experience.

Pros:

Where do I even begin? Well for starters, pretty much the most important things that G Suite can do are free. That is amazing for any student who is strapped for cash. The 2 most important features of G Suite for me are 1) As a scientist, the ability to take experiment notes in Google Docs or make a spreadsheet and share it with my Mentor so that he can keep track of my experiments progress without having to even be in the country. This is good because he travels a lot. And 2) There is an amazing feature on Google Slides where you can give a link to your presentation to anyone in the audience and they can go to the link on their phones or laptops and type out questions that I can then see on my computer!!! This is an invaluable feature when teaching larger classes and students are scared to ask a question and sounding stupid.

Cons:

The features in all of the Microsoft office-like programs in G Suite are not really close to comparable to the amount and quality of features in the actual Microsoft Office suite (yet). I assume this will get better with time but for example the variety of transitions and animations in Google Slides is much less than PowerPoint. Also, in Microsoft Excel you can basically code programs if you know what you are doing, and this is just not achievable yet with Google Sheets.

Russell S
Russell S
Teacher and Consultant in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

G Suite is great for educators!

Comments: Extremely positive! Grateful that G Suite was developed!

Pros:

Long gone are the days when teachers had to make hundreds of copies, keeping filing cabinets full of documents, worry about a dog eating the homework, worry about a computer shutting down and not saving something, and struggle to collaborate with peers. G Suite is an educator's dream come true! Here's why I love it from a teacher's perspective: - It moves all of your software tools to the cloud, which means I can work on anything (documents, spreadsheets, surveys, etc.) from any device, any time, and anywhere. I don't have to have one desktop, or the same laptop, or any of that. I can simply log in with my credentials and continue working. - G Suite offers multiple tools that are great for teachers and students. Classroom is a digital space where I can assign and collect assignments. Docs is a phenomenal word processor. Forms builds surveys, questionnaires, or quizzes in minimal time. Sheets can be used for graphing in science/math, etc. And this just scratches the surface. G Suite also offers Sites (a powerful, yet simple website builder) and a host of other great tools. G Suite is so multifaceted and full of awesome tools for the classroom! - Access to all of these great tools just comes with your Google account. Yes, you are limited by space, and how much cloud storage you or your employer have purchased. But all of these great tools are free with your account. - It's reliable, perfect for collaboration, and always being updated with great, new features.

Cons:

My only con (and this isn't really a con, more of a concern) is that your creativity potential is limited by how much cloud storage you have. Everything you create or build uses space - so make sure you have enough. Different than the hard drive era of years ago also is the fact that you will have to continue to pay for this cloud space - you can't just buy a hard drive (one time fee) and store your items with G Suite. Hopefully, though, your district or school system purchases access to this for you as a part of your employment.

Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

G Suite Does the Most

Comments: This product is essential to the workplace, and there isn't an alternative that provides all the products, services, and features included in G Suite. It provided a cost savings by allowing us to cancel subscriptions to other services that are included in our G Suite subscription. Overall, it's a must have for any office.

Pros:

G Suite encompasses our email, file storage, backups, spreadsheets, documents, forms, collaboration projects, and much more, all in one place with one login that I can access from anywhere with a computer, tablet, or from my phone. I can't imagine having multiple vendors to provide all the services we get with G Suite. The ability to work with multiple people, both inside and outside our organization, to update the same spreadsheet or document in real time is extremely beneficial. I can also save files to my Google Drive directly from my computer, without having to log in and upload them. If a person leaves the company, we retain all their data, should it be needed. Also, when an employee leaves, he or she can migrate a copy of all their files and emails to a personal account if they wish, but no longer have access to the company account and the company copy of all their data.

Cons:

Customer service mostly consists of reading support docs, forums, and articles. You can't call a person for assistance if you don't know how to do something.

IT Manager in UK
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

G Suite has managed our business systems for years and revolutionised how we work.

Comments: It centralised all of our business productivity needs. As a tool for small businesses it is immensely powerful and has the reliability to be your go to business tool. Switching from traditional networking may be jarring, but the collaborative benefits make it worthwhile. Getting the core productivity tools along with extras such as Google Meet for video chat and screen sharing, Google Chat for team based conversations and planning (think Slack), Calendar, Forms and a rich admin interface that let's you control and customise a great number of options for the service makes it huge value for money. You're also supported by knowledgeable Google staff if you need support with administering the system thanks to the included phone, chat and email support.

Pros:

G Suite comes with a raft of tools. The basics are the office productivity software with Docs, Sheets, Slides and GMail. The office-esque document tools are more than just basic online editor. They are competent and functional tools that would accommodate 90% of your work. The main power of Google Docs is the collaborative tools. You can edit a document live with other members of your team and see the changes instantly. If anyone has come from network-based sharing, it's a game-changer for distributed teams and ensuring that versions are not overridden. GMail is much like the free version that you may be accustomed to. It has all of the filters and label functionality that you need to manage your inbox reliably. If you are desperate to use it in other email clients, there is IMAP connectivity and a connector for Outlook. I try and steer my colleagues away from these but the option is there for even difficult users. Drive is a sophisticated web interface for storing all of your Google documents. Any Google documents take zero space. Other files, such as Microsoft Office documents and PDFs take up additional room as these are "real" files. Using the Google File Stream tool on your PC makes it appear as a new hard drive on your computer. You can access files on the fly from Explorer without having to download all of the files onto your drive. A neat feature of Drive is that you can store files in more than one location, a la Linux file links.

Cons:

As Google have expanded G Suite to include many more tools, some services seem to fall behind. The todo / tasks tool feels like it was put together decades ago and hasn't seen any improvements. Also, there is a learning curve. The language in GMail and Drive is different from standard mail clients and computer desktops. People need to be trained to use something that is, in principal, something that is almost the same but not quite. Some newer features of G Suite are also paywalled. There are now three tiers of pricing for G Suite - you should check over all of the products and see which one meets your needs and if it's enough for you. Google Meet, for example, is the new version of Hangouts. I'd hoped to use this to replace Go To Meeting but some basic features are only available in the Enterprise version, making the cost exceed the product I hoped to replace. Finally, you may be looking at Office 365 as a competitor. It's worth noting that Office 365 includes the desktop versions of Office. If this is something you need, the web-only versions of Google's tools may not be enough for you.

Nicholas
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

An alternative to Microsoft email platform

Comments: Besides the most recent issue I had with my client it has always worked.

Pros:

It isn't MS exchange! Easy to configure and maintain. The email service just works. It NEVER goes down. Not in the years that I have used it for myself and clients.

Cons:

One of my most recent integrations had an absurd restriction on mail enabled groups that lasted more than 90 days. It was infuriating and after opening more than 20 tickets all we could do is wait out the 90 days for external mail enabled groups.

Nathan
Nathan
Digital Marketing Manager in Zambia

G Suite is the tool we swear by the most. Great for all business sizes.

Pros:

G Suite allows us to manage our business communication centrally and also collaborate on documents and projects internally in real time. The best features include 1) Easy integration across the G Suite makes it easy to work on documents, send emails and collaborate (a huge thing for a company like ours). G Suite works with many existing file formats making it easy for us to quickly add documents and files to our drives and emails. 2) Gmail for business is king - The use of threaded emails in Gmail accounts is great (especially with the new Gmail interface), also being able to share files via Google drive and insert edited documents on the file from Google Drive. 3) Google Docs and Sheets allow us to collaborate in our different departments and provide us with real time edits, so we can see who is editing what and when it was edited. The real time collaboration helps especially as our teams usually work remotely. Without sounding like a fan boy, G Suite really competes with the best of the best business communication solutions out there and is great for collaboration and communication.

Cons:

Although we are impressed with G Suite as a whole, it is not without its flaws: 1) G Suite always logs you out of your main account even when you tell it to remember your device. This is really annoying even if it is a security feature. 2) Also documents are not always organized properly, when you add a document more than once to your Drive, it will show up there the same number of times. (A duplicate remove feature would be very helpful for this). Also add ons in the G suite app area, do not always work as proposed. Why does one need a plug in for word count? 3) Hangouts is a confusing feature to use. Hangout chat is supposed to be better but we have ended up using our existing third party group communication tool. 4) Mobile Apps do not always sync in real time - When syncing between mobile apps and the web apps, at times, documents do not show up as they were created. For example, we have a large spreadsheet that is constantly updated and G suite mobile apps may crash or take more than a minute to load even on flagship phones because of the constant updates to the file.