• Overall
    4,2 /5
    3,5 /5

About Clover

An all-in-one point-of-sale & payments system, Clover integrates the functions of a cash register, card payment terminal, & POS system.

Learn more about Clover

David F.
Managing Partner
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/31

"An out of the box solution that works well for small business"

Comments: Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

Pros: I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

Cons: The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/31
Katie M.
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Easy to Use and Competitive Rates"

Comments: Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

Pros: What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

Cons: I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Sara C.
Business Co-Owner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/13

"Great POS for smaller businesses"

Comments: Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

Pros: The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

Cons: I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/13
Tim H.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/22

"Not Fit to Handle Hospitality Industry"

Comments: Pros: inexpensive, intuitive, malleable
Cons: wrong fit for hospitality, horrible support, horrible crisis management

Pros: Easy to set up, easy to train, while it has many lacking elements that would be essential to any other hospitality POS there are easy work arounds. Handheld devices are good.

Cons: The entire support and technical team is unfit to handle the hospitality industry. They are completely unaware and seemingly unconcerned about the issues that your staff on the floor must tackle with their system. It's painfully obvious a roomful of engineers comes up with forced changes that adversely effect their entire client base without an ounce of understanding the impact of the changes they make. I and others I know that use clover have said many times, if any of them had worked on the floor for 5 minutes they would understand.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/22
Michael H.
Property Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/08

"Not Recommended For Restaurant Operations Regardless How Small"

Comments: The simple and very common "custom item" or "open food" item commonly used in the restaurant industry and CLOVERS lack of ability to attach a printer to such has ruined what otherwise would be a useful and easy system.

Pros: the ease of using but the simplest item below has ruined the experience.

Cons: CLOVER Dining comes with button "Custom Item" . CLOVER is incapable of sending this item to the kitchen printer. After 4 calls to CLOVER and 2 dropped calls and no return call (even though they ask you prior to any conversation for a call back #), their only suggestion is to create an "inventory item" and attach the "Kitchen Label", HOWEVER, that does not give you the flexibility or customization of price and name. One would think if they have an option "Custom Item" that is flexible to price and label and prints in detail on the 'receipt" they would also be able to attach the "kitchen label" so the items prints in the kitchen.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/08
Amanda T.
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/27

"Nice System"

Comments: Love that this machine can give clients peace of mind, as they can process their own payments- from inserting their card and entering their pin numbers, to choosing how they would like to receive their receipts. Also love that it is easy to train new staff members on how to process payments and do end of the day reporting. Overall great experience!

Pros: Easy to use/learn. Very easy to read- apps , wording and numbers are a great size even for older clients who are using the machine. Reporting at the end of the day is simple to retrieve and review. Customer service is great!

Cons: Check processing can be a little tricky with having to hold the checks over the top of the machine to take the picture, but otherwise it is great.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/27
Nakesha A.
social worker
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/27

"Definately Worth It"

Comments: Fewer people are using cash which means there has to be a way to process credit cards. I was able to accept credit card and deposit it directly into my savings account.

Pros: I was not initially interested in using credit card for my small practice but I mus admit it made life easier. It was easy to set up and customer service was very helpful. Even if the card is not present you are easily able to process payment.

Cons: It was super easy to use. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to save credit card access for future use.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/27
Jessica G.
Self-Employed
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/07

"Clover - Retail/Art Studio"

Comments: We are overall really happy for the price point. We do have a few things we would change, and we would like to see the glitches fixed.

Pros: Clover is quick for training of new employees. We like the options for additional apps and absolutely LOVE the round up with Donors Choose.

Cons: We have hit a few glitches - we cannot return after processing a payment with a split tender. We have 3 instances where the system has processed a payment but at the end the order is still "open", this issue is still being resolved with customer service.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/07
Jose R.
CEO/President
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/11

"Great retail POS that provides the ultime customer experience"

Pros: fully customizable, mobility and touchscreen, immediate integration with many payment processing options, inventory management and SKU customization, online receipt storage and SMS confirmation. All in all, it's a great product that helps a lot any retail merchant.

Cons: Initial investment to be considered, both at the hardware device as well as the software integration/customization and SKU managemet. The benefits outweight that initial investment and a small merchant may need to consider a managed solution.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/11
Tory S.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/13

"money hungry company"

Comments: I purchased these clovers in full and was to have a one year warranty. but every time one didn't function right they charged me for every one they sent me in first year. didn't need key pads tried to send back and they kept wanting my scanners returned instead. had to take to BBBural to get money back for just one and they still owe me for the other. credit card service is way above other card swipe price. tried to talk to customer service talked to one high level rep. twice then they would not respond to my issues and that was before the BBB. it bad that you have to turn them in to BBB to get a response and they still never called me. something went wrong with my compliance last year and they were to have someone contact me to clear it up. again this year I tried to become compliant again there was a problem they were suppose to email me with solution to the fix 3 months ago I'm still waiting and they charge me 10.00 a month for being non-compliant. would you recommend this device if you hade these issues? Tried to switch bank accounts for the clover was told I couldn't do it had to pay 20.00 to put a block on account to force them to switch accounts. finally was contacted by Stephen the rep that sold me these devices yesterday 7/11/2017. he called out of the blue and not a response to these issues I am skeptical that any of these issues will be addresed

Pros: Quick use of device when it functions has been better in last 6 months 111111111111111111111111111

Cons: Half of inventory data moved out of category. ease of saving data without excel not possible. 111111

• Reviewed on 2017/07/13
Jared W.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/11

"Good POS system!"

Comments: When everything is working great its awesome and easy to use, if you have issues can be a little bit of a headache. Overall happy with the products and service!

Pros: I really enjoy the machines we use, its a combination of a card swipe but also able to print out the receipts!

Cons: I have had a few issues with the machines and their battery. Sometimes the units can get frozen and takes a while to get them up and running again. I was not too impressed with the customer service line you have to call if you have issues.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/11
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/16

"Clover for small nonprofit"

Comments: I think this is a great starter for nonprofits wanting to receive donations. They send thank you notes and constant reminders to the organization and donor. Easy to set up for donors. Allows for automatic bank transfers. Overall I recommend this tool.

Pros: Clover is really easy to use. It is a basic simple program that can help any organization collect payments or donations. Customer Service was not always easy to get a hold of, but when I did they were helpful. They have recently updated their program, which has a cool new feature that lets you send donations to different bank accounts. This is super helpful for designated donations.

Cons: It is simple and does not have a lot of special features. No custom questions on the donation page.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/16
Misty F.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/23

"Awesome"

Pros: Fast easy cool design mobile devices ! It doesn't run off communication with other computers like our previous system, it runs alone , communicates via internet like an app, so this makes for no interruptions in device like previous system . If we had one computer down with old system it would stop business but this system runs smooth with one computer shit down or turned off , doesn't stop us !

Cons: Wifi dependent it does depend on internet to run , unless you download the At and t service to your mobiles but we have excellent service here so that's rarely and issue , but like I said there is a way around that prob with the at&t download I just am cheap

• Reviewed on 2017/02/23
Deb P.
Practice Manager
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/20

"Meets all of our needs"

Comments: Excellent experience. Quality equipment. Reasonably priced. Easy to reconcile to other financial reports.

Pros: Loved portable units. During the pandemic, our business was operating 100 % curbside. With the mobile units, it made checking out clients an easy process. Easy reporting.

Cons: We haven't found anything we do not like about Clover. We would highly recommend this to practices needing portable units.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/20
Alyssa L.
Bartender
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/08

"Way to go Clover."

Comments: Saved the business, from traditional old school register to simple POS system, Clover you win.

Pros: Great POS system. Used in a small cafe and the system worked out perfect. I was able to edit the menu and change pricing when needed.

Cons: Occasionally would run slow, I think updates may have been needed.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/08
Eric W.
General Manger
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/19

"Very affordable POS with great functionality and easy to use"

Comments: Very positive experience and glad we made the switch over to Clover. I highly recommend this POS.

Pros: Easy to train my employees on
Adding items was a breeze
Setup was done in less than 45 min
Chip reader and pos all in one package with the clover mini
Easy for guests to read and you can send receipt via email....etc..

Cons: It is a bit more expensive than other POS machines but well worth it. The best POS machine I have purchased and worked with.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/19
Cynthia C.
cashier
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/06

"great pos"

Comments: It easy to restart if it freezes. Great customer service available right away if there is a proble,

Pros: How easy it is to find the items Im looking for. It is very organized. Very easy to use. Im able to train other new employees very easily on the clover due to its organization.

Cons: The slowness of the credit card part. Guest have to put in there credit card several times before the chip reads it and that's a headache.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/06
Katie M.
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/12

"Clover is a great option for small businesses"

Comments: Overall Clover has proved to be very easy to use and accessible for our mobile office.

Pros: I like that I am able to have multiple users be able to access the software from their smart phones allowing them to take payments anywhere. I also like that the chip reader provides our clients with an extra layer of security when making payments.

Cons: The start up costs are some what high for each device. We have lost one and had to re-purchase.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/12
Kylee B.
Bartender
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/21

"Very easy to use"

Comments: It's the best system I've used!

Pros: Has been very easy to use. I've used it for years at different places that I have worked.

Cons: I dont really have any complaints about this software!

• Reviewed on 2020/04/21
Abdul H.
HSI Mentor
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/17

"Job place made easy"

Pros: Its very easy to use. Wonderful camera. It looks like tmwe are using ipad. Fast software. No laggings.

Cons: Order and customers could be bettered prganized by groups.
Some issues with the organizing.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/17
Business Consultant
Financial Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/19

"It's like switching from a basic cell phone to an IPhone, without the cost increase"

Comments: The Clover unit has made my day-to-day operation so much easier. There are so many free and or low cost apps available that I am always finding new ways to free up my time. I use apps to handle my sales tax collection and filing, my employee scheduling, my social media postings and my inventory. As I look at the app store, I imagine new ways I can use apps to make my life easier. When I went into business, I had no idea how time consuming it would be, Clover has given me so much of my time back.

Pros: App store
Efficiency
Support from my First Data rep

Cons: I should have done this years ago.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/19
Merchandise Manager
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/22

"Great POS system and company"

Pros: Clover made it incredibly easy to conduct retail transactions. The simple interface and Clover POS systems are the most user friendly I've ever experienced.

Cons: Setting up my tax information was a little confusing, but a quick call to customer service cleared up any issues.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/22
Tyler B.
Senior Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/02

"Clover Review"

Pros: Clover is a very easy to use POS system. I see it as a great functioning system for coffee shops, retail, very small operations.

Cons: This POS system was not built for full-service restaurants doing any type of volume. We switched out of it because we did too much volume.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/02
Kristine P.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/09

"Zero customer service"

Comments: I’ve been with several Pos systems over the years and these guys take the cake at worst all around.

Pros: Nothing...
I would never use this service again. They have out of country phone servicer’s who just “escalate” your case. It takes days and weeks to get information after wasted time making calls to them.

Cons: Customer service, not organized, no return calls, filled with apologies and excuses

• Reviewed on 2021/01/09
Janet B.
Executive Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/15

"Clover"

Comments: Clover is easy to use, once everything is in place. I love the fact that I can take the "mini" with me when we have out of office events and/or programs.

Pros: This product was recommended to us. We are a Thrift Store. Processes are seamless and reporting is easy to understand and reconcile. We are implementing this into our administrative offices as well.

Cons: integrating with offsite store employees was challenging, but we got it done. All of our stores are now using Clover

• Reviewed on 2020/12/15