• Overall

About WooPOS

WooPOS -- Point of sale and inventory management for WooCommerce and Shopify. Fit businesses for up to 1000 employees and 1M products.

Learn more about WooPOS

Scott B.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/18

"One of the most customizable ecommerce addon"

Pros: What makes Woocommerce greatis the fact that it is higly cutomizable. WIth your every need it can exceed your expectations by far.
Built for speed and custom it is another great tool to work with as a designer.
The easy to install and manage make it for users ideal for small and large shops.
You can manage a multi store from the same dashboard and start making some severe changes.
It integrates perfectly with other plugins and apis

Cons: The export data function should be tailored for less fields or make it more compact, it is great for export import in the same ecommerce platform but a nighmare just to upload it to something else.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/18
Matthew M.
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/02

"Super powerful and designed for use for Wordpress and it works great in the software it was written"

Comments: Its a great, powerful peice of software, makes for a very flexible and complete store. But you need to pay to get their, other competitors already offer the options in a monthly paid format and include phone support. But those are different models. Its working for this client and I'm glad they are happy. I would consider it again, but perhaps a little closer eye on the yearly cost.

Pros: I had a client who needed a store and wanted me to build it an host it. Since I use wordpress for all my sites I'd already known about woocommerce. Its allowed me to build a very flexible, powerful store that can do almost anything I ask of it, as long as my client can continue to pay for the yearly renewals.

Cons: Its expensive if you run anything more than a very simple store with simple products. As soon as you want to process credit cards, thats a paid plugin, you want to add the cost of goods (a feature free by default in 99% of its competitors), thats paid plugin. I would necessarily call it a full eCommerce solution, more like a solution framework that you need to buy multiple once a year renewing addons. Since its self hosted on your wordpress server you will not have phone support, email/ticket support is pretty responsive though. but you are expected to have moderately high level of tech knowledge.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/02
Megan M.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/16

"Best Shopping Cart"

Comments: We saved tens of thousands by using Woocommerce to build our online site. We make sales daily thru it and are able to design and setup the site exactly to fit our needs.

Pros: Woocommerce is free and easy to use, so as a business owner I was able to take the time to learn how to use it and create my own website with Wordpress and Woocommerce. I have no web design background, but was able to learn thru google and helpful articles and videos. As a platform, Wordpress is built to be easy to use and have made it simple for developers to create and sell useful plugins. Woocommerce is a great add-on to Wordpress and has allowed me and others to create beautiful and effective shopping carts. If we had to pay someone to custom create and maintain a site for us it would have been tens of thousands of dollars.

Cons: Because Wordpress is a free base and countless developers can create their own plugins, there can be a lot of conflicts between plugins. Especially when there are essential or major updates to Wordpress or Woocommerce. This can have a huge impact on a website, and you need to be prepared to test major updates before they go live. One update once changed the entire structure of variable products and created hours and hours of work on the backend for us. You would not see this with a contained shopping cart (like 3DCart), but that's because you pay more for the other services. For the price, Woocommerce is unmatched.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/16
Alphonsus T.
eCommerce Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/05

"WooPOS is the best POS software on the market for Woocommerce !"

Comments: If you have a retail business and are looking to link it to an ecommerce platform, WooPOS is the best solution on the market. Prior to using WooPOS I tried web based POS systems on the market such as "WooCommerce Point of Sale (POS)" by actualityextensions and "WooCommerce POS" by kilbot, only to find the them lacking in features, slow and prone to crashing. Having used WooPOS for over a year, I find the software reliable, frequently updated and a key part of bringing my brick and mortar business into the eCommerce space.

Pros: - Full featured POS software with everything our previous POS station had and more.
- Highly configurable allowing for a tailored user experience.
- Follows industry best practices, which initially seemed annoying and unnecessary but much appreciated down the line, when generating reports or tracking stock.
- Robust documentation and Excellent email support. Always helpful with problem solving and developers actively deliver on newly requested features.
- Reasonably priced with no hidden fees.

Cons: - You can't modify SKU numbers easily. The workaround after changing an SKU number in WooCommerce would be to delete and re-import the product into WooPOS.
- User interface feels dated compared to market leading POS Software (Vend, Square, Toast)
- It would be nice if WooPOS sold POS display directly or had links to some options. I couldn't find a suitable customer facing POS display, I was advised to use a regular PC monitor but those seem too large.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/05
George M.
Webmaster / IT
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/15

"Very Functional"

Comments: With this software, we have been able to simplify our retail process. Now we can actually USE the touch screen computer monitors we bought. So the picture and point process for ringing someone up has made the whole process faster, and easier (i.e. less mistakes) and it will help us automate some of our more complex programs and back-office activities.

Pros: One of the most important features to us was its ability to create custom customer types and set different prices for them as we have a two leveled wholesaler program. So short answer is its functionality. We've only been using it for a week or so but I already see that you can do just about whatever you can image with this program. I also especially like the re-order amount features in the inventory side of the software. It will allow me to automate re-ordering at inventory level.

Cons: As with anything else that is more functional, it is more complicated to set up than some others I have tried in the past. However, the ones I tried in the past wouldn't do everything I needed them to do, so there's your trad-off. And overall, the knowledge base is a good help, but there are a few places where there are gaps in the instructions. Still, that's when the customer service came to the rescue. A fella named [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been helping me, and he's a great service rep. Quick, friendly, knowledgeable.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/15
James B.
Digital Media Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/13

"Woocommerce is a great product that turns any Wordpress site into an online store with a click."

Comments: WooCommerce has enabled me to set up sales online with very little knowledge of how to do it, or where to start. The cost is low and the support is great. With woo commerce I've started bringing in over average in sales and it keeps growing.

Pros: Woocommerce worked "out of the box" and I was able to set up selling immediately. I've found it to be robust enough for a new seller, with limited experience. And it's been relatively easy on the front-facing side for customers as well.

Cons: As I have utilized the software, I've realized that it comes with very basic functionality, and the only way to make it a true, fully-functioning store with the bells and whistles to operate professionally, is to buy an add-on, okay a couple... well several add-ons. The problem with that is Wordpress. If you have any knowledge about Wordpress, the more plugins you utilize the heavier the site gets and the more time it takes to load the site, and the more possible problems can arise. I've had all the plugins for several months, and so far so good (fingers crossed).

• Reviewed on 2018/07/13
Steven S.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/10

"We handle all of our customer orders through WC now, and it's mostly issue free"

Comments: We use it daily to handle all of our customer orders, from payment through order fulfilment and shipping. It's helping us streamline our process and handle orders efficiently.

Pros: Fairly straightforward to use once you get the hang of the order fulfilment process. It has the add-ins we need such as USPS which helps us streamline our process a bit. It's still a bit tedious to fill orders, but it's getting better the more we learn and the more we functionality we enable.

Cons: It can be a bit tricky to learn at first, but it's not too difficult. The process for filling orders is still a bit longer and slower than I'd like, but we're learning more and streamlining it all the time.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/10
Margaret S.
WordPress & Digital Marketing Services and Consultancy
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"Every WordPress user's dream!"

Pros: Ideal for WordPress users or developers who prefer a self-hosted, and plug-in friendly e-commerce set up. Not ideal for first-time users or no website backend familiarity.

Cons: One major consequence I think that sets WooCommerce from drag and drop e-commerce builder these days is that when a bug happens, you need to contact their developers/support to fix the issue (if you cant fix it), so you need to wait a while. Sometimes its fast, other times it takes days.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/10
Information Technology Specialist
Religious Institutions
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/28

"I have setup and implemented WooCommerce for a nonprofit selling its curriculum."

Pros: With us assortments it's assorment of add-ons, I found it easy to solve all the problems that I have faced. I like that the base of WooCommerce is free and you only have to pay when you need special circumstances.

Cons: While it's not wooCommerces fault, I found it a little difficult to make the software match our business practices. This is likely unique to the organization, however

• Reviewed on 2018/07/28
Chris G.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/11

"Woopos & Woocommerce"

Comments: Superb. Any technical issues are quickly sorted, as well as any of our odd requests for customisation.

Pros: Integration with the client websites has been easy and Woopos is so fully featured.

Cons: None found that could not be quickly sorted.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/11
Joseph N.
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/24

"Selling without the heavy coding!"

Comments: I can sell subscriptions without having to hard code my website!

Pros: Selling is never been easier for me. I sell website and design in a form of subscriptions. I am able to bill every month to my customers, send emails and notice of payments. WooCommerce is just that convenient. I can rely on the software without having to create o program a system to complicated.

Cons: For a beginner it can feel a little bit overwhelming. The interface could be better and updates could harm data.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/24
Christian G.
Desarrollador de Aplicaciones Móviles
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/28

"Design your online store without losing time."

Comments: If you are already a wordpress user and you are going to develop a virtual store, woocomerce is the perfect solution.

Pros: This plugin has evolved a lot, it has all the necessary functionalities to have your virtual store active without making many advanced configurations.

Cons: You must previously install wordpress. Not everything is free, there are many useful plugins that are paid. You can not manage multiple stores from the same place.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/28
Jane G.
Web Designer
Design
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/19

"Easy to customize, Feature-Rich, Reliable"

Comments: I use WooCommerce for all of my WordPress Ecommerce projects, it's reliable and easy to customize on the frontend, and clients are happy with it once they get used to using it.

Pros: Free // Easy to customize for developers // Most of the necessary features and functionality without having to purchase Extensions // Can add your logo to Emails from the admin*

Cons: Requires theme updates from time to time (if customized) when core plugin files are updated // *No way to customize the actual text in Emails from the admin // Checkout, Cart pages not responsive/mobile-friendly (tables) // UX Not intuitive: not as easy for the average client to learn / use without guidance

• Reviewed on 2017/09/19
Senior Software Developer
Printing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/15

"Very customizable platform for your e-commerce needs"

Comments: Free

Pros: I had to integrate custom API with Woocommerce, really liked how many things you can manage with the API - add products, edit them, modify orders, customer data etc. Really easy to build something very custom.

Cons: For the price (opensource), there aren't really any downsides. The downside is moslty the wordpress platform, which with all the plugins can cause some problems for woocommerce. For example, a SEO plugin can mess up API responses for woocommerce by injecting random HTML in responses.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/15
Michelle G.
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/17

"If you are wanting or creating an eCommerce website you can not do any better than WooCommerce."

Pros: WooCommerce has everything you could ever want to build an effective, cost friendly, eCommerce website. The free version comes with enough stuff to get you going and the additional plugins will take your online business to the next level.

Cons: If you are not very technical the system can be cumbersome to setup and use. You will definitely need to spend some time with the documentation to understand what everything does and how to best utilize it.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/17
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/08

"Easy to use eCommerce pluggin/app"

Pros: It has payment gateways like PayPal, it provides options to offer free shipping or flat rate shipping, user reviews, user ratings, reports with category filters, it's free.

Cons: it has not free hosting, even though it's simple, you still need to download and install the plugin on your WordPress site.
It's needed to have a WordPress site installed.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/08
Eric M.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/14

"Easy to integrate into my wordpress sites, as well as payment processors."

Comments: Easily integrated it into a wordpress site for a client to sell items online in a very simple to use way.

Pros: Integrates with Square (with extension), and Paypal. Easy to use. Compatible with most themes. Easy to add products and manage inventory.

Cons: There is a a bit of a learning curve for new users. Per item custom shipping prices would be nice to include natively.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/14
Guillaume P.
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/05

"Best POS system"

Pros: After trying 4 different POSs, I found WooPOS!
Better than many popular POSs. I use it in multi-mag and I have no difficulty in synchronizing my data. You will likely have everything you need to properly manage your inventory and sync your website hassle-free

Cons: Nothing..

• Reviewed on 2020/03/05
Rena R.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/13

"It's great for physical products"

Pros: I like woocommerce for its ready to use software. Its basic version is free, and for many businesses it can be used as is, and as the business grows more features can be added for a cost.

Cons: It's not great for digital products, which is mostly what I sell. There's a long checkout process that is unnecessary for digital products, and I lose customers that way.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/13
Derek M.
Sales Executive
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/28

"Woo Commerce - great plugin for Wordpress - eCommerce good to go!"

Pros: Easy to work with and modify to specific needs. Fantastic addon for Wordpress and lots of cool features too.

Cons: I've issues with updates not working but I think that was more my fault than the programs. A bit of a learning curve, but pretty easy overall.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/28
Hervé M.
Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/18

"Easy to setup basic e-commerce shop"

Pros: I have integrate woo commerce to our e-commerce website very easily and setup a complete e-commerce online shop in half a day.
Various payment and shipping options available to cover most needs.
Works well also for digital goods downloads

Cons: I would like that WooCommerce offers 2 modes: basic and advanced for its configuration.
Basic settings would have pre-defined parameters and advanced would allow deeper customization.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/18
Aaron M.
Web Developer/Ecommerce Strategist
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/19

"Great, well supported, and easy to use."

Pros: Very easy to put together a well funtioning online store for a reasonable amount of SKUs. Most themes support integration, create product variants.

Cons: Do not recommend for high quantity product catalogs. Addons are expensive. There are usually better options available.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/19
Tim R.
Operations Manager
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/07

"Excellent"

Pros: Very user friendly. Woo POS helps me stay very organized.

Cons: Nothing. I have zero complaints about this software.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/07
Katie D.
Project Development Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/22

"Still new but love it so far"

Pros: We are still new to using this software but so far it has been incredibly useful with our online store. We have been in need of a software to use in our store that will sync with the back end of our store website and inventory- this software gave us all of those things.

Cons: So far, because we are still new to using this software, not many issues have some up yet. We are still learning all the ins and outs of the software, so this review may change as (if) problems arise.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/22
Richard H.
Data Scientist
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"The best WordPress e-commerce plug-in"

Pros: Allowing you to build a store in WordPress with this plugin allows you a great deal more design flexibility than many dedicated e-commerce site builders.

Cons: It can be quite easy to end up with an overly convoluted site structure due to needing to use a lot of plugins to get the most out of WooCommerce.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/15