Compliance & CE Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Compliance & CE

Compliance & CE is a complete learning management solution for your laboratory.

Learn more about Compliance & CE

Aileen E.
CLS
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"I used this program to prepare for the MLS(ASCP) board exam"

Comments: Provided a different way to study besides just studying from the book. I enjoyed using LabCE.

Pros: I love that the answers to questions are explained in depth and that it had questions that covered different areas of study such as hematology, chemistry, microbiology, etc. I also enjoyed the ability to select different types of mock quizzes, test, game mode was my favorite and that I could select the number of questions I wanted to answer.

Cons: The size of the font, I would recommend increasing it. I also thought the size and quality of the images was poor. It was difficult to identify cell morphologies and biochemical reactions for some of the images.

Clinical Laboratory Manager
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/12

"MediaLab offers multiple solutions for laboratories at reasonable prices."

Comments: Daily benefits - excellent document control system that did not require our IT department to set up, great system to maintain inspection readiness with Inspection Proof, ease of meeting continuing education requirements using the Continuing Education package. Overall, great system!

Pros: Flexibility of the software, willingness of the company to make changes, continuous improvement and addition of new features. We use several modules and find that the system is flexible enough for us to create new ways to store and retrieve information rather than storing paper.

Cons: It is sometimes difficult to know what needs to be created first and we went back to make changes in how we set up the document control system. It would be helpful to identify users who have really maximized the system and offer to have them share their ideas.

Saba J.
CLS/MT
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"This website is a great source of learning, very easy to use, and the customer service are great!"

Pros: It's has so many information for each course that covers the most important materials and notes for every students. This software allowed me to learn so many things and aspects in the clinical lab that make lab professionals really professionals. It contains illustrations that help with understanding and memorization for the materials that I've never had before. I strongly recommend it!
As per the exam simulator, it's very helpful and covering the materials for the exam needed with feedback, which is I liked the most and let you learn much with more and more questions.

Cons: Actually, I really like it. Just few errors you may see like spelling errors, but can be fixed. In my opinion, the only thing that I don't like is the exam for each course, 10 -15 questions only are not enough for students to practice their knowledge. It should be 100 questions or at least 50 questions for each course exam, so the student can feel that he/she has achieved something and
took the certificate of completion with effort.

Dana S.
Administrative Lab Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Has been awesome for about 15 years now"

Comments: Countless benefits that I've already described in the previous questions.

Pros: Applicability to re-certification for my MLT's and MLS's, and a wide variety of coursework. The price is also attractive and can hold a lot of information that inspectors like to see.

Leslie S.
Document Control
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Helpful with staying in Compliance"

Comments: Love MediaLab and the staff! Tim Westover and Michael Davis will always take great care of you!

Pros: I love the Reports, you can generate any type of report. Whether it's per user or course, it opens a variety of options to fit your company preference.

Michelle G.
MLT Department Chair
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/13

"We've used the tutorials and the practice certification exams for several years and love it."

Comments: Gives students a great review

Pros: From and administrator's point of view, it is very easy to use. I can easily set up the required tutorials and pull the reports to see how the students have done.

Cons: I would like to see more on the analysis portion of the certification exam. Specifically, if a student takes the exam, there would be an option to possibly assign a quiz based on the area that the student was most deficient. Currently, I rely on the student to look at the results and assign themselves another test on just that area.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/13
Brenda W.
MLT
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Best courses to maintain CEUs; can be done at your leisure"

Comments: I have used this program along with the ASCP program to maintain my 36 credits that I need every 3 years to keep my license.

Pros: you can take a course and exam at the same time or you can print it to review and go back and take the exam by allowing a re-take of an exam immediately, things are more apt to make sense and stay with you for awhile

Cons: Some of the pictures are very confusing, particulary in the immunology course
The bloodbank course for the disappearing antibody was also confusing and I found it difficult to read the antibody panels

Daniel F.
Manager, Laboratory Services
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/14

"Our lab uses MediaLab as part of our annual competency assessment program. Excellent offerings."

Comments: This software is a very important part of our annual competency assessment program for staff and the main source of continuing education credits for staff.

Pros: Wide selection of courses; easy to manage users; relevant content; courses are challenging; the value for the licenses is outstanding, which allows us as an employer to offer high quality CEU opportunities to our staff.

Cons: Microbiology modules are lacking. Engine that enables customers to make customized courses could be a little easier to use.

Nicolas M.
Lab Technician
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"LabCE has been instrumental in helping me study for the ASCP MLS BOC."

Comments: The software is somewhat expensive, though I think it's worth it.

Pros: I love how many questions there are across all MLS disciplines that expose you to a variety of challenging questions. It also is a great hub for organizing CE's.

Michelle N.
CLS Program Director
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/30

"I have used software in the hospital setting & in academic setting with students and I love it."

Comments: Having additional information for our students to help prepare them for the their clinical rotations

Pros: Ease of use, students and employees have no problems accessing and using the software. There are several different reports I can run to track employee and or student progress

Cons: Wish there were more courses in each section. More panel practice for blood bank would be great, more bacteriology for microbiology would be great.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/30
Tracy W.
Med. Lab .scientist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Made studying for my exams easier and fun"

Comments: I passed my test when i used it to study

Pros: It was specific to whatever topic and i wanted and descriptive too. I would not have done as well as i did in my test if the software wasn't easy to use

Cons: I didn't have any major complains except when it keeps asking me to sign in again on my phone even when i didn't sign out the last session.

Carolyn B.
Manager of Laboratory Services
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/12

"Very simple to use - great value!"

Comments: Low cost contining education, ability to comply with regulatory training mandates.

Pros: Ability to add and assign custom learning modules providing content that is meaningful for our site. Also aids in compliance with regulatory bodies.

Cons: Some content is more pertinent to US than Canada. That being said, I am able to add custom modules that are more pertinent

Alicia G.
MLT
Hospital & Health Care, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"I used media lab to study for the NOT exam, it was very helpful to my exam prep."

Comments: The feel of taking an exam and sitting through a presentation in the comfort of my own home. It was much better for me.

Pros: I liked how test subjects could be chosen by selecting an area to work on. I also liked the ease of access.

Cons: Some if the questions aren't formatted like the suggested study material so it when it came to taking the exam, it was a little more difficult.

Hersie ville L.
Senior Lab Coordinator and Educator
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"It helps me a lot to pass in my MLS ASCPi exam and as reference in my hospital CME presentation."

Pros: The courses were very useful reference for some non-routine test ordered. It helps to improve workflow and accurate cell identification. It serves as my reference when I conducted case presentation in the hospital and likewise as my CME reference when doing both internal department as well as hospital wide presentation.

Laura S.
Clinical Laboratory Co-ordinator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"We use this software in a community college MLT program. Students like it, and instructors like it."

Comments: It really helps students learn and review. It emphasizes what they are learning. The exam simulator for the ASCP exams are great, we just have to motivate students to use it. Ones that have used it said it helped their test scores the most.

Pros: The content is well thought out. I like that I can assign students courses so easily and can look at reports to see how they have done on the tests at the end of the course.

Cons: Sometimes I have to feel around the program to get out of it what I want. (like in reports) Sometimes I just have to play with all the options to get what I want to see. The administrator page which I am usually working out of seems cluttered, there is a lot in the screen to look at to decide what you need to do.

Lena P.
Lab Education Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"Excellent. No complaints from staff. Easy to use."

Comments: The quickness and ease of building courses and tests. In one day I can build a course and send it out, no waiting. I can upload photos, links, attachments and audio.

Pros: I like the ability to make users open to take whatever they want but I can also assign mandatory training or checklists to them. Love the option to make something reoccurring annually.

Shalynthia J.
MLS(ASCP)-Group Lead
Medical Practice, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/28

"I have had an easy experience with the software. It has been very user friendly"

Comments: The benefits I got from this software is it was budget friendly and very user friendly and the lectures and topics were very interesting.

Pros: The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I liked how after reading the lecture the quiz promptly popped up.

Cons: The least thing I did not like about the software was how I had to go back to a different screen to print out my certificates.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/28
Raymond G.
Managing Partner
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees

"Very few complaints"

Comments: Ease of documentation compliance at a reasonable cost.

Pros: We enjoy the diverse range of modules available in MediaLab as well as the extremely reasonable price.

Cons: Often the function of the software can be less than intuitive and sometimes difficult. Batch uploading, naming, and editing could be much more efficient.

Christine C.
Senior Technologist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Very easy to use and affordable when you register as a group."

Comments: CE credits

Pros: There are a variety of courses. You can do ones that only take an hour or more in depth courses that require 5-6 hours.

Cons: There is really nothing that I can think of that I dislike. It is easy to use and logging in and out is no problem. You can stop a session and pick it up at a different time. I have no negative comments.

Mike D.
Extractions Supervisor
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"MediaLab had worked great to help staff stay up to date on compliance issues."

Comments: Staying up to date with continuing education requirements.

Pros: It is easy to use, assign, print certificates, and stay up to date. The website is convenient to visit.

Cons: The GUI for managing employees, assignments, and recurring assignments can be tricky to use. Sometimes it can be confusing to use after not visiting the site for an extended period of time.

Leslie anne B.
MLT / LTA
Alternative Medicine
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/04

"Pretty satisfactory overall."

Comments: CE compliance units in the comfort of my own home, on my own time

Pros: The photos are almost always good; I like that the explanations behind the answers are usually clear

Cons: The surveys that pop up at the end of every single course get pretty annoying after you've seen it more than once, especially when you're doing more than one course at a time!

• Reviewed on 2017/10/04
Debbie H.
Blood Bank and Phlebotomy Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"All of our techs use Media Lab for their CEs and we love it. Diverse and easy to use."

Comments: One-stop shopping for all of my required annual continuing education.

Pros: Very diverse list of courses that are relevant to all of our team members and enable us to complete our CEs easily.

Cons: It would be nice if the courses were updated more frequently. I'm not talking about adding courses, but updating the available course content.

Brandy S.
Support Analyst for Lab software
Computer Software, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"Very easy to use and a nice selection to choose for."

Comments: Education and CEU's for Cert.

Pros: I found it very easy to use and a very large selection to choose from. I've use this site in the past and would recommend it.

Cons: I would like to see more classes regarding meaningful use and the new requirements and possible more LIS related classes.

Patricia K.
Dean of Health Science
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"We utilize MediaLab for our MLT students. Overall it is a good source for our student learning needs"

Pros: Easy to use, can be accessed on multiple devices. Easy to incorporated into MLT courses. Overall good product.

Cons: Need additional modules in Microbiology, Hematology and coagulation . Additional questions in exam review.

Andrejs S.
Clinical Lab Scientist
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"LabCE has been a great source for online learning in all areas of the clinical lab."

Comments: Using this software has allowed me to learn a variety of useful information about the clinical lab profession and the problems that can be encountered in this

Pros: The detailed descriptions of the lessons in each module written by experts is the best feature. I feel like I am learning the most important details of each module in a succinct format rather than from a dense and poorly condensed textbook.

Cons: I would like to see more lessons available in more fields of the clinical lab. Perhaps lessons about lab management and administration would be valuable additions to the lesson offering.