Medical Lab LMS Reviews

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5

About Medical Lab LMS

Compliance & CE is a complete learning management solution for your laboratory.

Learn more about Medical Lab LMS

Pam V.
Quality Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/29

"Functionality and utility!!"

Comments: Tracking of user competency, continuing education opportunities, course customization, assignment tracking

Pros: I love the functionality and ease of use for the administrative role. We utilize the program for tracking competency checklists for individual users and as a tool for continuing education. Customization of MediaLab courses is valuable for non-US users (different requirements, etc.).

Cons: There is so much I probably don't know all the things I could be doing! When we implemented originally every user had to be manually entered, but I think they have since changed that to a mass staff entry option using a spreadsheet.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/29
Rory H.
Associate Professor
Education Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"Love the hematology cases and the practice exams. Content is very relevant to what I am teaching"

Comments: Was able to complete my CE requirements for the past few years. Also, a great resource for me as an instructor in a CLS program and an additional format to direct students who are underperforming in my classes.

Pros: Hematology Cases (WBC and RBC simulator) and the exam simulator are excellent. I appreciate this site as a way for me to keep up with my continuing education requirements. Also, I appreciate that the company tries to continually adding new and relevant courses. The addition of the advanced WBC cases was an awesome addition.

Cons: The CE courses could use an update to the way the courses are delivered. The fact that they appear to be HTML based (read a slide and manually advance) is rather outdated and not the most engaging format. What would be great is to incorporate videos through out or possibly an audio option, so that the user could hear along side the text and see something. This strengthens cognition.

Melissa R.
Regulatory Affairs and Laboratory Manager
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Good place for all your CE needs"

Comments: All of my compliance needs in one place. It is tracked in the FL clinical personnel system. Easy to add additional resources specific to my laboratory.

Pros: It is easy to use and very organized. The test questions within and at the end of the module challenge personnel to really think about the concepts presented and how they can be used at the place of business. It is easy to understand even if you are not a licensed clinical laboratory personnel. It links with state licensing agencies for tracking. They are constantly adding new modules or updating current modules to reflect changes in regulations. I also like the ability to add documents, quizzes, or other laboratory information under resources to link with courses provided.

Cons: Sometimes there are typos in the course or formatting issues. They don't effect the content but you question the proofreading before publishing.

Yiu W.
Medical laboratory technologist
Biotechnology
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"A must-have resource for Medical Lab Exam"

Comments: I got a pass in my Medical Lab Exam in HK and got the MLT licence.

Pros: Clear illustration of med lab concept, not wasting my time filtering useful content out of content irrelevant. The content also can be downloaded as PDF so I can store in ipad and jot note. Another good thing is there is interaction in each course, the system would ask question about the material you just studied, which helps a lot to concentrate.

Cons: The app version always require me to enter password again and again. It is very annoying. It would be great if the app can save my password. It becomes worse when it requires me to enter two password for a single login. It takes me a lot of time because I always login logout the app while I am studying on train. Also there is not a search function for finding all relevant material for a single topic.

Mohammad T.
Lab coordinator & Training supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/19

"excellent"

Pros: for me this software is very useful ,as per our user's & including me we are not face any problems of this software so easy & our exp is excellent cause i am using this software more than 10 years,easy to use any one .

Cons: i would like to thanks your software team because they did wonderful job for your IT team ,i am using this software more than 10 years and never face any problems of your software,especially after finish the course & get the exam & get the certificate & your valuable survey.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/19
Tracey J.
Manager, Quality Assurance
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Compliance & CE is instrumental for completing the OSHA required training in our organization"

Pros: I like the ease of use and reporting. It is easy to assign training to all users within the organization and follow to completion for each user. I also like how you can see how long people actually spend time reviewing the training, to let you know if they really read it or not.

Cons: I think the open enrollment is limited and not all training can be found in Compliance & CE. More of the CEU related training for our employees are found in the Histology & CE. Unfortunately the way MediaLab has the course set up it requires us to purchase licensing in two modules which is very costly. It would be nice if everything could be found in one place. Also it doesn't appear that the courses available are updated very often. Our employees grow tired and callous to taking the same OSHA courses each year. While these courses tend to be standard, it would be nice if they get changed up a bit. Overall I would just suggest combining all the courses into one module and providing a better variety to help suit all types of laboratories.

Anna D.
Director of Quality / Laboratory Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/11

"Excellent training and customer service. User interface could be a bit more modern and navigable."

Pros: Document control module makes maintaining document control compliance a breeze. Over all content is a 9 out of 10.

Cons: Navigation between modules is and home screen are a bit outdated. A home dash board interface vs. drop downs and less wordy links would be great improvements. Organization of content is 6 of 10.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/11
Gail A.
Medical Laboratory Scientist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"I had no problems with medialab since we started using it 7 years ago."

Pros: I like how easy it is for all skill levels to get on and take courses. I think the transcript is very useful for yearly competency reports.

Cons: I am not a fan of the fact that we cannot get rid of the number in front of our usernames. I wish once you have signed up, you can delete them.

Leslie S.
Document Control
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Helpful with staying in Compliance"

Comments: Love MediaLab and the staff! Tim Westover and Michael Davis will always take great care of you!

Pros: I love the Reports, you can generate any type of report. Whether it's per user or course, it opens a variety of options to fit your company preference.

Yvonne L.
Medical Technologist(free-lance)
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"I've been informed and kept up to date in my areas of interest. Have been exposed to new areas also"

Comments: I use this for all my CE requirements. It is a great savings in time and money and it is most convenient to use. I'm always assured that my CE hours will always be approved because the subjects are relevant and the certification is not just for attendance of a Seminar but has test results also.

Pros: All the learning objectives are usually met. The convenience of doing the required CE credits anywhere is most useful. Being provided with practice questions throughout the course helps to boost retention of the material.

Cons: I have not yet met an area that has elicited a negative response. There are a few times that the credit hours given could be more.

Tiffany M.
Director of Development and Quality Assurance
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/18

"Extremely intuitive and user friendly."

Pros: This software is easy to navigate through and manage tasks for my organization. We find it intuitive and user friendly. Even new hires are able to use this product with little help.

Cons: For some of the HR related courses, they do not automatically renew every year and sometimes the required courses change without our permission.

Michelle N.
Assistant Professor
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/22

"Great Experience, easy to use"

Pros: I have used this software for over 15 years for continuing education of my staff in the hospital and on the academic side for my students to supplement lectures, as review and for training before they go into their clinical rotations at the hospital.

Cons: I would love the exam simulator software to have the option to time practice exams, meaning that the exam stops when the student reaches the two and half hour mark so it helps them practice time management for the certification exam.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/22
Michael M.
Lab Director
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"Great Product - Saves Time and Money"

Pros: User friendly and customer service is always available to assist and answer questions. Otherwise, the self help solutions are easily available.

Cons: It would be a good addition to include mock exams for ASCP, AAB, AMT for certification for HCLD, MT, and Technologist.

Nicolas M.
Lab Technician
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"LabCE has been instrumental in helping me study for the ASCP MLS BOC."

Comments: The software is somewhat expensive, though I think it's worth it.

Pros: I love how many questions there are across all MLS disciplines that expose you to a variety of challenging questions. It also is a great hub for organizing CE's.

Irene T.
Education Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees

"Great for staff"

Pros: The staff as access to PACE accredited CEs that continually get refreshed. It is also easy to use to create competency exams. There are a variety of products that help manage compliance and education.

Cons: The test function on the Course Builder is not the most user friendly. Point values and test style is not easy to manage. Granting individual admin access to courses/ groups is a pain.

Amalia T.
Lab Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"Great product for keeping up with competency."

Pros: I like that you can customize the training information. You can use charts, pictures, different files.
And it's easy to use.

Cons: Need to be able to customized the different reports. Need to be able if we existing checklist in like word or excel format to be able to import the file in and then enter the information instead of us having to copy and paste. Make it easy to change over.

Carolyn B.
Manager of Laboratory Services
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/12

"Very simple to use - great value!"

Comments: Low cost contining education, ability to comply with regulatory training mandates.

Pros: Ability to add and assign custom learning modules providing content that is meaningful for our site. Also aids in compliance with regulatory bodies.

Cons: Some content is more pertinent to US than Canada. That being said, I am able to add custom modules that are more pertinent

• Reviewed on 2018/06/12
Alicia G.
MLT
Hospital & Health Care, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"I used media lab to study for the NOT exam, it was very helpful to my exam prep."

Comments: The feel of taking an exam and sitting through a presentation in the comfort of my own home. It was much better for me.

Pros: I liked how test subjects could be chosen by selecting an area to work on. I also liked the ease of access.

Cons: Some if the questions aren't formatted like the suggested study material so it when it came to taking the exam, it was a little more difficult.

Hersie ville L.
Senior Lab Coordinator and Educator
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"It helps me a lot to pass in my MLS ASCPi exam and as reference in my hospital CME presentation."

Pros: The courses were very useful reference for some non-routine test ordered. It helps to improve workflow and accurate cell identification. It serves as my reference when I conducted case presentation in the hospital and likewise as my CME reference when doing both internal department as well as hospital wide presentation.

Sherry S.
Lab Coordinator, OSHA officer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"It helps keep all the employees training in one place."

Comments: You get OSHA training, and laboratory con. ed. in one placy

Pros: It is easy for the employees to use. They can go at their own pace. Again everything can be kept in one place for easy retrieval. It also allows employees to get additional continuing education of other aspect of the lab.

Nate C.
Fleet Training Coordinator
Maritime, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Our company uses this for DOT collector training and it works great!"

Pros: This is a simple, cost effective tool that allows our employees to meet federal regulatory requirements. I do not know what we would do without it! The thing I like most about this software is that adding users is very simple. The program will even automatically assign login credentials. Also, the record of previous users is quite helpful.

Cons: The thing I like least about this software is that clicking on "print certificate" doesn't take you directly to print screen. Instead it refreshes the screen and you must click again before going to the print screen. It is a small inconvenience that could be easily remedied.

Stephanie W.
Program Director
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"We use MediaLab courses for students and employees and love the variety of topics it has to offer."

Pros: We love how easy it is to use and that we can upload our site specific courses for use by the students and employees.

Cons: We would like to see MediaLab offer more coursework for Microbiology, specifically Bacteriology, Mycology, and Mycobacteriology.

Naseem C.
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"Overall the staff likes this product. It's an easy and convenient way to touch up on our knowledge"

Pros: i like that we we can use credits for against CE units for California license renewal. I like that we can add 15 individual per account

Cons: I do not like that It is not so easy to navigate the site and it takes a bit long to find the right courses and assign

Paulina N.
HLA Medical Technologist
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/01

"It was easy to use the program from purchasing, creating the account to learning the objectives."

Comments: I need the credits to complete my continuing education and it was great to learn new things and refresh my memory.

Pros: It was not complicated, easy instructions to follow. I liked the variety of offered courses. Good quality for the money I have paid.

Cons: I did not experience any problems while using this program so I'm not sure what the customer support is. I think the only annoying part about this program for me was to linking the offered courses with my ASCP account getting the credit for it and going back in order to choose another course.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/01
Diane D.
Laboratory Compliance Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/18

"As a lab tech the courses are relevant and interesting"

Comments: The courses are interesting and a great way to obtain the required CEUs for my certification. I don't think its right for my company but when my certification needs renewed I will join as a private user.

Pros: I like the variety of courses available. The competencies and documentation handling is a really neat feature. I wish it were more practical for a 20 clinic system.

Cons: Most of the courses do not apply to POC. I am the only lab tech withing my company so I was looking for something that would help my nurses and MAs learn more about the lab and help them with skills such as phlebotomy and waived testing.