• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,7 /5

About Issuetrak

Issuetrak helps you manage tickets & requests from creation to resolution. Flexible, customizable, & easy to use. Cloud or on-premise.

Learn more about Issuetrak

King L.
IT Support Technician
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/09

"IssueTrak has allowed me to document and resolve IT requests in a timely manner."

Comments: When I was hired as an IT Tech Support for Old Wisconsin Sausage, I was told that all IT requests for assistance was done through email and phone calls. They did not have a ticket system set up for users to submit tickets. This forced me to prioritize and document multiple requests using Microsoft Excel and other applications to help me stay organized. I had many instances of where I would be on my way to assist a user, only to be stopped in the hallway by another user requesting my assistance. I would feel obligated to assist the user in the hallway, because customer service is something I am passionate about and couldn't say no. Other times there was a higher priority that needed my immediate attention, the user I was assisting at the moment could not understand why I was leaving to assist another user when I did not resolve their issue first. IssueTrak has eliminated many of the miscommunication and created a more standardized operating procedures for me. It has allowed me to stay connected with my end users by following up on the many IT requests. IssueTrak is a tool I use daily to deliver excellent customer service in a timely manner. It helps me stay organized and has given my end users confidence that their submitted issues are a priority for me to resolve. When I use IssueTrak, I feel that it helps me go above and beyond for my end users. It's a great software that I will be using for along time. The many features and benefits are plentiful.

Pros: The customization that IssueTrak offers has allowed me to create a "user friendly" software for my end users to submit issue requests. It gives me options to create forms that makes sense to what end users are requesting assistance with. The "quick pick" options allows the user to submit requests just as fast and quickly as sending out an email or calling for assistance. I also like the "Menu Option" that allows me to add internal web applications that our end users use on a daily basis. This allows end users to use IssueTrak as a centralized hub to access internal company files, applications, etc.

Cons: Ability to add more than one column on the "submit " page -- This will allow for seeing the whole screen instead of scrolling down. I have used IssueTrak's User Voice feedback website to make suggestions, but it doesn't seem like any of these suggestions are taken into consideration. I've seen many great suggestions submitted 1-2 years ago by other IssueTrak customers and users only to see a feedback of "Received (Under Review)" Please allow or give us the option to add more columns to the submit page. In my opinion it has a very organized and clean look to the interface. The Menu Option is a great feature, but it would be great if we can have certain sites that only a particular group or user can only see. For example, sites that will pertain to certain departments, Human Resource, I.T., Maintenance, etc. As of right now, any department or group can see these sites set up in IssueTrak. Give us the ability to restrict the sites to certain groups.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/09
Chad M.
IT Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2015/03/16

"Maillie Review of cloud base issuetrak - Chad Mohr"

Comments: Before I was hired, Maillie was using no help desk software at all. We are a 100 person small accounting firm. I came from a 400 person pharma company in which I used and configured 4 help desk software before. I have used before Remedy, HP service center, Cherwell, Lifetime, and Frontrange ITSM. I am ITIL v3 certified and this product helps follow some of the ITIL methodologies. We trialed 8 hd systems. I deployed IssueTrak cloud to Maillie at end of Sept 2014. Our employees are gravitating to the system, we now average about 200 issues a month. The pros are:-easy setup/configuration. I did our company configuration needs in about 2 weeks, with the setup of mostly issue types and subtypes. The setup training was easy to follow and I didn't need all the hours. I revisited the hours when I was ready to make templates/forms for things like New Hire Requests. Sync to AD worked after you get the certificate loaded properly. We are using the asset trackpc.exe which pulls from a batch file at login the client and server machines info. Reports have been easy to generate and export to excel. We use tasks for access approval, software request, hardware request and change control. We now know who is approving it and when. Creating a kb article from a ticket is easy. Escalating an issues to a global issue and then linking issues to that global is very easy and it closes and updates notes with any modifications from that global issue. IssueTrak Support has been quick, effective and easy to talk to. I can tell IssueTrak invests money and time into their product they do take suggestions from their clients. The Cons are: sometimes a lot of windows get opened and then it's difficult to find screen you need. Everything works downwards on the page, the more fields you add the lengthier it gets. Be nice if you could just make fields go in open spaces on the page. When submitting an issue you should fill it out from top to bottom because if you have any custom screens, it changes the screen and fields below then are wiped.IE settings have to be set to show content. If two people have the same issue open, the last save takes presidents. Devices that cannot run trackpc.exe need to be entered. When submitting an issue, it would be nice if it automatically suggested a kb and not have to click the KB link which takes you away.
OVERALL, I am very pleased with IssueTrak and I would recommend it to anyone because it makes configuring, deploying and using hd software easier.

by Issuetrak on 2015/04/30

Chad, Great product review. Regarding the request to have IssueTrak automatically suggest a KB solution....I've seen that functionality demonstrated in a recent developers meeting. Just saying.... Customer feedback really does help define the product. Thanks again, Tony

• Reviewed on 2015/03/16
Delgado N.
Ingeniero de Proyectos
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/19

"Issue Track is very functional and customizable"

Comments: The logistics department is more relaxed with the help provided by this platform.

Pros: It has excellent tools for order control, it is a great help for the company's logistic department, it is easy to use and very customizable. A good customer service and technical support, we will continue using it !!!!

Cons: It is an incredible platform, but it will help us more if the custom fields are added automatically at the end of each search, we hope they improve this so that they are practical.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/19
Russell Q.
Manager, Customer Relations
Utilities
    3,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2015/09/28

"IssueTrak for Issue and Project Tracking"

Pros: We use IssueTrak for multiple functions: to receive and track customer inquiries and requests, to track internal processes, and even as an outreach tool to our stakeholders. IssueTrak supports all those goals, and does it in a very user-friendly and scaleable manner. IssueTrak is very configurable making it ideal for small shops, multiple uses and individualized projects and processes. Support does a good job of understanding your questions/issues, and first level support knows the product well. With the cloud-based version, we require very little internal IT support. The administrators for the tool are within my department, and we can configure it to do everything we've needed so far.

Cons: As with any system, there sometimes are "quirks" and work-arounds that are not necessarily well documented. For example, we needed to give some individuals access to items that were not assigned to their departments. You can do that in IssueTrak, but it's through the use of "e-mail notifications" (you can grant individual access, but turn off specific e-mail notifications). We didn't know that by reading the documentation, but it works!

• Reviewed on 2015/09/28
Ed Q.
network admin
Consumer Goods, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/26

"On-Premise user - for about 4 years now..."

Comments: as an IT dept, we have used IssueTrak to maintain all our Inventory, Contracts, Contacts, setup automatic reminders for Renewals...used PC-Trak (until recently) for Inventory. we publish our internal info as KB articles and that comes in quite handy for little-used but very-important means of troubleshooting and knowledge transfer. their tech support is super-responsive and there hasn't been a problem with their product that couldn't be resolved....suffice to say, we really haven't had that many 'issues' with it anyhow. once you get your own concept down of the Hierarchy (global and such) then it's very simple to use...and customizable to way YOU want to 'think' or how u want to use it. we did eval several other products 4 years ago, when we choose this...and haven't looked back.

Pros: customization , quick-pick setups for repetitive tasks/scenarios

Cons: small learning curve...but then is easy-peasy

• Reviewed on 2017/01/26
Wendy J.
Real Estate Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/08

"Not being savvy in the ways of software, Issuetrak was very easy for me to learn and understand"

Pros: My goal was to find software that I could turn my emails into something that I could track at month end. I was looking through a month's worth of emails and then in two other systems to get a complete history of each month which took hours at the end of each month. I was missing things and hated all that was falling through the cracks.
I asked google for a software program that I could turn my emails into something I could track and up popped IssueTrak. I have been testing it for a few months and just went live...it's incredible. I had my IT department create a special email address that I sent out to all the property managers that I deal with and bingo, we are live and traking!!!! Not only will I be able to able to create reports at month end I can create special reports for our zones and regions. I also like that I can make 90% of the changes that I need to make - adding issue types, locations, end users, etc. is so easy.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/08
Human Resources Generalist
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"Used daily as a organizational communication routing tool."

Pros: Used daily as a organizational communication routing tool. I like going to a single location to document and having the data routed as needed to the appropriate recipients. I like the escalation process built in.

Cons: The reporting could be a lot better. The reporting options need to be more clearly defined, "how to".

• Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Cathy H.
Lead Technician
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/26

"IssueTrak meets our Help Desk needs"

Pros: Long time user. IssueTrak is easy to use for our techs and even the most basic users. The reporting makes it easy to pull a report even minutes before a meeting.

Cons: We have had some problems since the upgrade to version 10. However their tech support have been helpful getting the issues resolved.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/26
Sarah C.
Sr. IT Administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/13

"Great product for all IT/helpdesk need"

Comments: Issuetrak meets all our IT/helpdesk need. The system is very simple to use; hence it requires no training for the users. The software is flexible that we were able to customize it to fit our needs perfectly. I am most impressed with their customer support team. They are always courteous but most of all, they really know their stuff!

Pros: Great sales and support team.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/13
Tom D.
IT Technician
Philanthropy
    3,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2015/09/10

"A Great Product with Fantastic Support!"

Pros: The support is second to none! The product itself is very versatile. We use it for Help Desk, Asset Management, and issue tracking. The Active Directory integration works seamlessly once configured.

Cons: The interface is still a little "clunky". Creating reports from queries that you create takes a little getting used to.

• Reviewed on 2015/09/10
Dj W.
Sr. Technical Services Specialist

"Lacking Key Features"

Comments: I have used one other ticket tracking system before and for this system to allow multiple users to have the same issue open and editing is such an unfortunate design flaw. Make sure you have a rock-solid process in place otherwise you will be reaching out to people via phone or email at the same time! This makes our group seem horribly inefficient. Also to allow multiple Assets with the same serial number to be entered successfully? How is that helping to eliminate the duplicate entry of inventory items? Not only were we told that these are not under design but not even prepared for future designs.

by Issuetrak on 2016/02/10

We appreciate your feedback. Both items you mention are good suggestions for improvement.

Many Issuetrak customers employ our "Assign To Me" feature so that agents can grab an unassigned issue from the queue. That issue is then removed from the queue, and other agents won't try to grab it. But this method doesn't prevent the problem you mention 100%. I checked UserVoice, and I see several other people have requested more robust handling of simultaneous updates. I contacted our product manager, and he says this is an issue we will be addressing.

The other problem isn't so clear-cut. There could be times when it is OK to have assets with the same serial numbers. What if they come from different manufacturers?

I see Arbitration Forums has been a customer for almost nine years! We've enjoyed working with you and your colleagues over the years.

If you have any more suggestions, please let us know, or feel free to put them directly into issuetrak.uservoice.com.

Adam S.
Computer Network Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2016/01/28

"Excellent product!"

Comments: Pros
-Very easy for the end user
-AD integration
-Easy administration
-5 star customer support
Cons
-I don't have any
Our school has been using IssueTrak for several years now however I just stepped into my new job about 6 months ago and as part of the job one of my responsibilities is the IssueTrak system. I have had to learn and work with A LOT of new systems in the past few months and this one has been extremely easy to work with. When IssueTrak found out I was new they recommended a "tune up" which is a one-on-one webex session that goes over "your" IssueTrak setup. After the tune up I was ready to go! When I run into things that are over my head tech support is just a quick call away and have always been helpful and didn't stop working on the issue until the problem was solved. I would recommend IssueTrak to anyone looking for a product like this.

• Reviewed on 2016/01/28
Service Desk Analyst/ On Site Technician
Law Practice, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/01

"Cheap and effective."

Pros: The support team! They always do an amazing job and treat you like a Vip. I have never been let down by them.

Cons: Sometimes the bugs get in the way of functionality. That being said they usually. Patch them up pretty quickly.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/01
Kathy S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/01

"IssueTrak's Help Desk - Excellent Product & Staff"

Comments: Our organization has used IssueTrak's Help Desk software for a number of years. It is highly customizable and allows us to be more efficient in tracking issues with our end users. The software is very stable and we rarely need support but in those few instances that we do, we always receive excellent support and guidance. There are a number of features that are extremely useful. The Quick Search and Advance Search options provides the ability to find information quickly. The Reports section is highly utilized and cherished for it provides us with Summery Reports and a Report Writer for our own Queries. The Email Notifications keep everyone in constant communications. Excellent product with excellent support staff!!!

• Reviewed on 2017/03/01
Bob B.
Solution engineer
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/11

"Basic issue tracker"

Pros: The functionality is basic but it is great for storing knowledge base type solutions that can be associated with issues experiences on the job.

Cons: Use it for supporting our software and it allows for tracking all the needed information about an issue, however, the basic functionality limits the potential.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/11
Alicia C.
Sales Coordinator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"The program works okay to streamline tasks."

Comments: If you need a way to have tasks assigned to the correct area within your corporation, this may be the tool for you!

Pros: We had a lot of success using this program to organize our tasks. It refers the task to the correct location, which is great. Edits of the referrals are very easy too.

Cons: It can be a little difficult to use. Assigning a task to the correct location takes a little learning also.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/19
Caitlin H.
Field Audit Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/29

"Review of IssueTrak"

Comments: We have been using IssueTrak for almost three years now and have had nothing but success! It is extremely user friendly for our employees to use and a great tool we have implemented to both of our entities. We continue to expand our IssueTrak and continue to love it! It has been a great tool for our employees to log issues and work through them. We are so glad we found this product!

• Reviewed on 2016/04/29
Judy K.
Customer Service Manager-Distribution
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/22

"This product has been a great resource for our customer service network."

Comments: We are able to document repeat issues so that system upgrades can be quantified for our IT department to program necessary changes to our ordering platform. It also assists us in documenting recurring issues for our logistics group with delivery issues and vendor non-compliance. Overall it has been a great experience with EXCELLENT technical customer support.

• Reviewed on 2016/03/22
Jeniffer A.
Client Support

"amazing software"

Comments: We reviewed many different ticketing systems, and decided upon Issuetrak. The support we got is and was above and beyond. The system itself is super easy to customize, and easy for users to use. We use this product on multi levels, and as a project organizer. We love it. It has made tracking so much easier!

Jennie M.
I.S. Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/01/27

"IssueTrak is great for tracking our issues and Help Desk tickets. Support is superb!"

Comments: I would like to have a label-making component with the asset management side of the software.
Searching tickets for specific needs is easy!
Report writing is very user-friendly.
Task Manager is great to use when non-IT users need to complete portions of tickets - such as new user setup, procurement, etc.

• Reviewed on 2016/01/27
John M.
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/28

"Great customer service. Polished product."

Comments: We have used IssueTrak for many years. We have rarely had any issues. The product is polished and just plain works. The few times we have had an issue the IssueTrak support team has always been there to quickly get us up and running. They are always pleasant and very knowledgeable about the product.

• Reviewed on 2016/04/28
Craig C.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/14

"Ten years running, always works well"

Comments: Easy to use and implement, excellent product support. Good product to be able to search previous issues. Would like a little bit better product on the asset management side, perhaps a mobile app that could be used to scan devices into inventory and/or create a help desk ticket?

• Reviewed on 2016/03/14
Stephen G.
VP, Information Services
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/23

"Awesome product. Excellent technical support"

Comments: Issuetrak is one of those set and forget programs that just works. We use it extensively to track technical and building maintenance issues for our 100+ users. If we do have an issue, technical support answers quickly, are easy to understand and very knowledgeable. Love it.

• Reviewed on 2016/03/23
Brent M.
Senior Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/24

"Great help desk software and amazing support"

Pros: The tech support and follow through of this company is amazing. They truly want you to succeed using their software and will do everything they can to make your experience great.

Cons: The only features that would be nice is RMM integration with various product choices.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/24
Deborah C.
Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2016/02/29

"Good customer support"

Comments: We receive prompt and professional customer support from Issuetrak. It is limited in some of its capabilities based on what we need it to do but overall quite good.

• Reviewed on 2016/02/29