• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,7 /5

About Jamf Pro

A complete Mobile Device Management solution for IT pros to simplify the deployment, inventory, and security of Apple devices.

Learn more about Jamf Pro

Mike P.
Senior Specialist - Web Content
Consumer Electronics, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/06

"Terrible User Experience - Would Not Recommend to Admins and Companies"

Comments: I think our admins use it as a user administration tool for corporate security, but it's super inefficient and highly frustrating to use. It actually makes my work processes super inefficient, because i'm constantly batting weird errors and frustrating password resets.

Pros: Nothing. The software is meant to be a sort of user management software for companies, but the user experience is one of the worst I have experienced in my life.

Cons: The running processes bog down your work machine and the security reset protocol (at least for my organization) is very frustrating. It doesn't work, our passwords need to be reset every 90 days, and we're supposed to get a notification to do this, but it doesn't happen, so every 90 days, I physically go to see our internal IT department. In addition, the process runs constantly, so it drains your battery.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/06
Michael N.
Technology Support & Training Specialist
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/04

"JAMF puts the flow in device management workflows."

Comments: Jamf is an indispensable tool for device management. It puts the flow in the workflow and makes large scale deployments manageable by a small staff with various skill sets.

Pros: Jamf provides me the ability to amplify my efforts of making task ready machines, where ever, and whenever needed.

Cons: I'd like a GUI option to replicate the actual device screen so I can have teachers manage devices in real-time to maximize contact time.

Jerrod B.
Senior Technical Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/28

"A must have for apple product administration"

Comments: Jamf has been excellent in securing our student iPads. The sheer amount of control we have over our devices is perfect for our school.

Pros: One of the biggest pros of is its ease of use. Implementing this mdm with our apple products was very streamlined and fluid. The GUI is straightforward. They are always making improvements on the front and back end.

Cons: I don't have much to say in the way of cons. If I think of something that might be missing or needs improvement, it's a fleeting thought at best and not worth remembering.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/28
PowerSchool Administrator
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/04

"Solid iPad and Mac OS management platform"

Comments: We are using Jamf to deploy iPads user and device-based in a school setting. While, it can be tricky keeping those two deployments separated, the platform makes it easy and intuitive with the layout.

Pros: Jamf is a solid platform with an intuitive interface for managing your Mac and iOS devices. We use it for device and user-based app implementation and it is a smooth roll-out every time. They have a great support team to ensure that your Jamf instance is what you need it to be for your environment. The JNUC, user conference, is also a blast to attend.

Cons: What I have found is occasionally, there is an issue we will find that has no solution, or we change what we are doing in a way that it becomes a non-issue before it gets solved. There have been 4 occasions in 9 years. 2 went away as mysteriously as they came. 1 became a non-issue when we changed our workflow. The last one I am still working through, which is where the wonderful support people come in.

Jason C.
Mac/iOS Jamf Pro Administrator
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"Jamf is a growing company with a great product and amazing support, really listen to customers!"

Comments: I could not do my job without this software. We are very limited in staff, time and money. Without Jamf Pro, we would not be able to effectively manage the fleet of iPads, MacBooks, iMacs and Apple TVs we have.

Pros: Jamf is a growing company with a great product and amazing support,
really listens to customers!
Pros: Jamf has been doing this the longest when it comes to Mac and
iOS device management. They are a relatively small, yet growing
company with Midwest values, that really cares about helping
organizations succeed with Apple.
They stand behind their product and their support is phenomenal! They
are passionate about giving back to the communities they are based in
(Chippewa Valley, Minneapolis, and offices around the world). They put
on the worlds largest user conference for Apple IT admins and they
have the largest user help knowledge base, jamfnation.com. They also
provide same day or prior support of major OS and iOS releases. They
are constantly refining the product and adding new features to it.
If you have an issue, Jamf support will bend over backwards to help
you, even if you're not a paying customer. They care that much about you
and the product. Also, the soon to be released version 10 will bring
many needed changes to the UI.

Cons: Jamf Pro is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. For
instance it allows me to manage 6k+ iPads and over 2200 Macs, iMacs
and Apple TVs with a very small staff. The money we pay for the
solution is more than made up in the ability to manage all of these
devices successfully and with a limited staff. That being said, like
all software, Jamf Pro has issues. Sometimes these can be major
issues. However, Jamf is quick to throw dedicated support at these
issues and works hard to fix them. As mentioned above, they are
growing for sure and there will be some growing pains along with this
growth.
The update to the UI cannot come fast enough. Would like to actually
be able to pull usable metrics and reports from the product. The
logging errors could use more of an update or hotlinks to resolutions
(feature request maybe?), but this is more for on-prem hosting.
Overall though, it's a great product with a great company and team
behind it!

Mike B.
IT Specialist Helpdesk
Government Administration, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"Pretty good management system for Macs. Don't even consider LANDesk."

Comments: Because it is a MDM solution that actually works, with reliable uptime and easy maintenance requirements, I am the hero for having pushed for JAMFPro.

Pros: Fairly easy to figure out what it takes to make it work if you are of average intelligence for this sort of thing. In my case, it was difficult, until I figured it out. Patch management was the priority for us and it turns you have to be a little creative in trying to get the information extracted from the Macs (depending on the application) in order to determine if it needs to be patched. In another words, it's not as turnkey as much as I was led to believe. Support at JAMFNation is fantastic. Those folks have tackled most of the problems and that's where I located the scripts and other nuances required to make it work. No other resource like it. Newbies and super rockstars all contribute to make things work. JAMF staff also helpful. Make sure you contribute too!

Cons: For me personally, the required Jumpstart training you need to purchase didn't work so well. Did not know enough about what I was doing to ask intelligent questions. After the training, fighting the learning curve began. There are no step-by-step procedures (or friendly user manual) to help a newbie get the system up and running. Mind you I say this as a complete novice and not a very smart one at that.

Eddie M.
Technology Specialist/IT
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/04

"Jamf Pro Use In To Manage School Devices"

Comments: One big aspect of JAMF that we love and it is not software related, is their Tech Customer Service.
Over the last 6 or 7 years, we have never had a bad call with JAMF's customer service.
Every time we call their support or chat with them, we receive exceptional support.
Even if we have a big problem, they stay on top of it and follow up until it is resolved.

Pros: The ease of use for users to have the ability to update or install software, at the click of the button.
We love using Self Service, this allows us to install or update software and drivers without the user needing to bring the device to us. Jamf Pro also gives us control of what gets installed on devices and what settings get pushed automatically. You have the ability to create groups of devices and get as granular as you want with groups.

Cons: Not really a "Con", but it would be great if the reporting was a little bit easier to get.
You can download several different reports, but I think JAMF still has room for improving their reporting.

Alan M.
Desktop Support Manager
Marketing & Advertising, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/13

"Great Mac management software"

Comments: Overall the experience has been extremely positive and I would definitely recommend Jamf, they are the best in the business. My only negative would be that they sometimes seem more interested in implementing new features than addressing known issues.

Pros: Jamf Pro is a very powerful tool with a rich feature set. There is a learning curve but the training available is excellent, providing you are in a region it is available. We manage a global fleet of Macs and use a hosted cloud instance which allows us to install software, perform updates and just generally manage our Macs no matter where our users are. The Self Service app gives our users the ability to install software when it suits them or run fixes to known issues without having to contact IT.

Cons: Support can be a bit slow at times, as we have a hosted instance when we call support we are often told we have to wait for someone from the cloud team to take a look and get back to us. Also since updating to v10 we have had performance issues because of a product issue which could be resolved by throwing more resources at the server but as we do not host it we do not have the control to do that. Apparently the problem has been addressed in the next release.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/13
Jax W.
Solutions Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/01

"The best for Apple device management"

Comments: It is the best out there for Apple MDMs. That said, the field is still pretty bad. Not all of the issues are with Jamf, as Apple has certainly bungled a few things, like Apple School Manager. But if you're committed to the Apple way of life, Jamf is absolutely the only way to go, and has certainly made things easier on me since we switched from a competitor.

Pros: It does everything you need it to in terms of managing whatever you buy from Apple, with a focus on as much automation for mass deployment as possible. Since they focus on Apple, they have all the latest features available as soon as possible.

Cons: When things break, they can break badly, and a lot of solutions involve running command line scripts and requesting service restarts from support, so if you aren't willing to dig into these sorts of things, it might be difficult for you when support gives you this type of solution. Also, their marketing can be very deceptive, with their analysis on costs phrased as to make apples-to-oranges comparisons and obfuscate their competition's benefits.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/01
Nikki L.
Systems Administrator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/04

"Jamf Pro Essential for Secondary Education"

Pros: Jamf Pro allows me to easily and seamlessly empower my teachers to be masters of their classroom -- employing the appropriate restrictions and management tools when they feel necessary. Jamf Pro gives me the confidence that my devices are secured and that all of my students have what they need when they need it.

Cons: The Jumpstart fee for macOS management is often a burden that small, independent schools cannot afford. While I did get a lot of insights from my jumpstart, the money we spent on the jumpstart would have been more beneficial to be funneled into a training pass to allow me to have some time to get a better understanding of not just the product, but management theories -- something that was not covered in my jumpstart. There's very little negative that we've experienced since our onboarding.

Ross B.
Network Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/27

"Best MDM that we've used!"

Comments: JAMF has made my life so much easier managing a large amount of devices with very little need to physically touch the device. It just works and the support is awesome!

Pros: All encompassing. It works great for all of our iOS devices and allows us to run our environment with "zero touch" to over 500 devices, (soon to be over 2000). We primarily use it for Apple iPad management, but we do have a few Macs on premises and have been slowly adding them in to the mix. Once the initial setup is done, it just works. Any time that we have had issues, my personal "JAMF Buddy" is only an email or call away, and our issues are resolved in a timely manner.

Cons: Not a lot not to like. Probably my biggest complaint, which I've slowly been losing is that the UI can sometimes be a bit annoying. Reports also could be a bit more intuitive, although you can get a report for such a wide variety of items, but there is a learning curve. Maybe some premade reports or something to go off of would be nice.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Jesse S.
Apple Systems Administrator
Telecommunications, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/19

"Best MDM we've used, and the price is just right!"

Comments: Automation, reduced workload, more chances to be Proactive versus reactive, valuable work experience.

Pros: What we can do is near limitless. The automation is something we are still working on, but for a business thats entering the enterprise world, this is an absolute must before things get out of hand. We started using Jamf while we were still only 300+ employees, and now we are coming up on 700, and having the data on all our macs in one spot is awesome. Now that we can make the worry of deployments a thing of the past, it gives me time to work on being PROACTIVE, versus REACTIVE.

Cons: Because the software can do so much, I'm sometimes surprised at the things it can't do. Example. when Prestages get changed from one MDM server to another on accident, you lose your entire scope. Luckily, the customer service is great, and we were able to recover data. Just a shame that it lost the data in the first place. and that I couldn't recover it on my own with built in methods.

Systems Analyst Associate
Higher Education
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"Good all-in-one"

Comments: Inventory and asset tracking, single location to manage all macs, lots of community support

Pros: jamf has an advantage of having MDM and policy/self-service built-in to one, and it manages macOS and iOS in the same platform. There are a lot of things that jamf does really well, and being one of the larger platforms it has a great community around it.

Cons: jamf has a lot of limitations and does some things poorly. They have grown in their release cycle which has helped with Apple's quickly changing landscape, but there's still a lot that is customized. Often you don't know there's a limitation until you're in the weeds and realize that jamf doesn't do it at all or doesn't do it well. Our environment (and most) have a lot of customization in order for it to run smoothly

• Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Craig L.
Client Systems Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/19

"JamfPro has become my Go-To Enterprise management framework for Mac OS."

Pros: Support. That is the fulcrum for me, and Jamf's support is top notch. They address concerns, resolve issues and duly consider feature requests. You don't get the feeling that you are a faceless clone adrift in a sea of needy nerds.

Cons: There are some areas that still exist from the early days and they stub their toes on it occasionally. That is not an uncommon experience in the world of the MacAdmin. The difference with JAMF is that they are A.) Aware that these areas exist, 2.) They have a roadmap that generally drives the product towards the adoption of Apples latest tech and III.) are sympathetic to those that still rely on the legacy behavior to support older deployments and other edge cases.

Eric L.
Desktop Support Specialist
Higher Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/27

"JAMF Pro makes Mac management easy"

Comments: This product makes us wish we had a Windows variant. Everything is easier thanks to it. Imaging, policies, asset management.

Pros: I love the information that is placed at your fingertips. I love the control you are given over the Apple devices in your company. JAMF Pro makes handling your user's machines a breeze. Self Service allows users to install their own software without your aide. Configuration Profiles allow for ease of management and total lockdown if necessary. The ability to have users set up their own printers is a support tech's dream.

Cons: We've had issues with the success rate of combining it with DEP in order to have a 0 touch experience. Sometimes it works and other times it does not or needs some pushing to get it going. The dream would be getting to the point that is advertised. The user gets their machine, logs in, and away they go. All on their own.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/27
District Instructional Technology Coach
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/20

"Great MDM for iPads"

Pros: We use Jamf Pro to manage the 1:1 iPads in our district. I like that the company is responsive to our needs and is there to help us in a crisis. I also like the degree of control we have over our iPads. We are able to lock out unwanted apps or features. We are also able to reduce the time it takes to provision new iPads for students.

Cons: I wish we would receive a clearer message about when and how we should upgrade our Jamf Pro server. The upgrades come out, but we are advised not to update. This is understandable, but we don't receive a followup on when to update. This is more of an annoyance than a con.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/20
Max P.
Manager, Professional Services & IT
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/17

"A must have for asset management for Mac Systems"

Comments: We needed a way to manage laptops for local and remote employees as well as push updates and software such as antivirus and Office. We had between 100-200 Apple laptops to manage and it was hard to do one by one. And the new hire process was slow to setup laptops without this software. After a few weeks of learning how to use JAMF we could order a laptop from Apple through our company e-commerce store and have it shipped to office or a remote employee and it would be setup, joined to AD, software installed, etc. right out of the shrink wrap. Can’t image using anything else now, but does have a steep learning curve.

Pros: Best way to ensure all Macs are up to date, ready to go with business required software installed. Works straight out of the shrink wrap.

Cons: Very steep learning curve. Lots of short scripts to install different software. They do have a good CS team to help onboard you and check back in if you need help. But expect to spend the first week or two learning how to get it to do what you want. Don’t expect to learn how to deploy this without designating a lot time on learning it.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/17
Sean H.
System Administrator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"Makes managing mac computers easy and intuitive"

Comments: The ability to manage all my macs almost without interaction.

Pros: The scalability of the software. You can manage 100 macs or 100,000 macs with this super easy to use MDM. It also has a diverse network of Mac Admins who constantly post creative solutions to expand Jamf Pro's capabilities far beyond what is already provided for you.

Cons: I would say that if you are new to mac administration it will take a little to get used to how the different parts interact with the mac. The other thing to remember too is a lot of the functionality of Jamf is allowed by Apple, meaning that sometimes Jamf is a little constrained due to what Apple allows you to manage with an MDM.

Apple Technology Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/28

"Consistently reliable MDM solution"

Comments: I was initially drawn to Jamf by the sheer number of times I found myself on JamfNation forums while searching for answers to a problem with my existing MDM. Jamf has proven one of most fully-features solutions I've worked with, has very regular updates to their product improving and refining their feature set, and as noted above, has one of the most knowledgeable and helpful online communities I've encountered. As a recent bonus, their acquisition of the Nomad utility for macOS makes binding and mobile accounts a thing of the past.

Pros: Feature depth, customer support, forums, and now Nomad integration

Cons: A bit pricier than I'd like, and tough to get a personal touch from support at their size.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/28
DevOps Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/06

"I love Jamf Pro"

Comments: We used to manage some twenty Mac (desktop and MBP) with Jamf Pro on a previous role for my former employer and Jamf Pro made our lives so easy! Sure, lots of the stuff can be achieved through SSH and remote control, but truth is that when you need to have lots of Mac in top shape for the company employees, Jamf easily cuts down the time needed to administer them to 1/5.

Pros: - Managing multiple Mac systems is as easy as saying 1, 2, 3
- Easy and fast agent installation over network
- Useful dashboard with all the metrics you need
- Easy to learn, you'll be up and ready in a blink of an eye

Cons: - I wasn't the one that made the call to buy this solution, so I'm not sure of how much does it cost to my company; however, I was told that it isn't cheap
- Nothing else I can think of

• Reviewed on 2019/03/06
Aditya R.
Remote Systems Engineer
Entertainment, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/26

"JAMF review Aditya Rao"

Comments: Support is amazing and always helpful, They guided us on call, chat and even on remote sessions as well which is exceptional service.

Pros: User Friendly, The GUI is very nice and gives exact results, reports, we can use this for patch management system, Very good tool for centralised management and remote management.

Cons: It depends on the organisational usage, We were using BMC as the tool to control over macs which was very difficult for us to manage remotely, for patch management and remoting into systems, maintaining asset inventory and exporting the reports , which is more easier in JAMF we can run scripts policies , smart groups all these are exceptionally well developed we can do remote enrolment to manage remote machines.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/26
David R.
Technology Integration Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/09

"Make your life easier, use Jamf Pro."

Comments: Hands-off Apple management = a happier life!

Pros: This software allows me (one person in a K12 environment) to manage 1200 iPads without having to touch a single one of them. It allows me to create groups based on buildings/grade level/classes/etc. and assign different configurations to all of them without having to travel to the site.

Cons: There is so much to do that the software can be a bit daunting at first, BUT the classes that Jamf offers on its software (CCT/CCA/CCE) are extremely well-run and educational. If you use the software, do yourself and your folks a favor and take the classes.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/09
Nick P.
Engineer 1
Printing, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/19

"Jamf Pro makes my management really easy. My Windows management colleagues are always jealous."

Comments: There are no other products on the market that do what this product does. Nothing even comes close as far as Mac and iOS management are concerned.

Pros: Ease of use. I can quickly train my Windows centric team, as well as less technical people throughout the company, to get useful information from the web console. I like that even as you get to more complex configurations, things still seem easy and intuitive.

Cons: Sometimes we have some weird issues while running policies. We've attempted database cleanups, and other maintenance, without too much luck. That being said, our support has been fantastic.

Richard M.
Technology Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"Our school district uses the JAMF products to manage Macs and iPads. The tools available work well."

Comments: Far more efficient and effective Apple device management and deployment.

Pros: There are numerous levels to manage Apple products at. Once you have a structure built it is easy to deploy Apps and manage devices with or without user restrictions. Providing access to network printers is easy. Tasks that formerly took a long time by hand now are accomplished by policies applied to the device. It is very easy to configure new or reconfigure devices as staff comes and goes, or new equipment is purchased.

Cons: There is a lot of navigating through the pages (web interface) to accomplish tasks that are managed with multiple policies and configurations. An improvement to this infrastructure has been implied in a coming update to the software.

Darrell A.
Mac Administrator
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"Great! Easy to use for both admin and users."

Comments: Just the ease to manage hardware and software and the ability to remote onto Macs. I work in a Windows environment so having JAMF really keeps things organized and manageable for my mac and mac users.

Pros: Self Service. Having that available for users to download and manage their macs, helps a lot in managing hardware and software.

Cons: Cost. It is pricey for the amount of users that we have (30 or so) but I still think it is necessary. I am the mac admin and my office is in Seattle and 98% of the mac users are in Portland. So having JAMF is key for me to manage hardware, software and all the mac users.