• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,7 /5

About Jamf Pro

A complete Mobile Device Management solution for IT pros to simplify the deployment, inventory, and security of Apple devices.

Learn more about Jamf Pro

Mike P.
Senior Specialist - Web Content
Consumer Electronics, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/06

"Terrible User Experience - Would Not Recommend to Admins and Companies"

Comments: I think our admins use it as a user administration tool for corporate security, but it's super inefficient and highly frustrating to use. It actually makes my work processes super inefficient, because i'm constantly batting weird errors and frustrating password resets.

Pros: Nothing. The software is meant to be a sort of user management software for companies, but the user experience is one of the worst I have experienced in my life.

Cons: The running processes bog down your work machine and the security reset protocol (at least for my organization) is very frustrating. It doesn't work, our passwords need to be reset every 90 days, and we're supposed to get a notification to do this, but it doesn't happen, so every 90 days, I physically go to see our internal IT department. In addition, the process runs constantly, so it drains your battery.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/06
Jerrod B.
Senior Technical Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/28

"A must have for apple product administration"

Comments: Jamf has been excellent in securing our student iPads. The sheer amount of control we have over our devices is perfect for our school.

Pros: One of the biggest pros of is its ease of use. Implementing this mdm with our apple products was very streamlined and fluid. The GUI is straightforward. They are always making improvements on the front and back end.

Cons: I don't have much to say in the way of cons. If I think of something that might be missing or needs improvement, it's a fleeting thought at best and not worth remembering.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/28
Nikki L.
Systems Administrator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/04

"Jamf Pro Essential for Secondary Education"

Pros: Jamf Pro allows me to easily and seamlessly empower my teachers to be masters of their classroom -- employing the appropriate restrictions and management tools when they feel necessary. Jamf Pro gives me the confidence that my devices are secured and that all of my students have what they need when they need it.

Cons: The Jumpstart fee for macOS management is often a burden that small, independent schools cannot afford. While I did get a lot of insights from my jumpstart, the money we spent on the jumpstart would have been more beneficial to be funneled into a training pass to allow me to have some time to get a better understanding of not just the product, but management theories -- something that was not covered in my jumpstart. There's very little negative that we've experienced since our onboarding.

Steven A.
Tech Coordinator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/24

"JAMF to manage iOs and MacOs"

Comments: I have used Meraki systems manager, Moysle, and Apple's product, but nothing compares to JAMF.

Pros: I cannot imagine life without JAMF. We manage 800 iPads and 50 Macbooks and cannot imagine not using JAMF.

Cons: JAMF Pro can get a little pricey, but still worth the money. They now have JAMF school which is made specifically for schools for 1/2 the cost.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/24
James V.
Technical Director
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/26

"still the only game in town for HiEd"

Pros: The support channels are responsive and robust; the installation base is huge in HiEd; the admin community is supportive and knowledgable; when actions/methods are easy, they're VERY easy.

Cons: When things are difficult, they're very difficult/complex. Nothing experience won't overcome, but the learning curve is steep for some. Interface with Apple pertaining to certs and Apple IDs could be a little less cumbersome, but this is largely Apple's making and affects all MDM solutions. Cloud distribution point management is a bit lackluster. Repository syncing feels clunky. Some UI/nav isn't what you naturally expect it to be. None of these are dealbreakers.

Chris S.
Assistant It Manager
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/13

"Fantastic MDM for Apple OS and IOS Devices"

Comments: Ease of use, customization and customer support are the best. This product was designed for Apple products and that is where is shines.

Pros: What I love most about Jamf is the ease of use. The first couple of iterations while workable, did not do what we needed in the education field. What was the saving grace, was the customer support. They came up with work arounds for us until IOS 10 hit. This makes adding software to our district IPads a snap as well as policies for the student use. As for support, I ALWAYS get someone who contacts me within a couple of hours of submitting a ticket.

Cons: My main problem is that there is no find my device or location tracking as with other MDM's. We have thousands of student IPads and a lot of disappearing on a daily basis. This would be a great feature to have.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/13
Systems Analyst Associate
Higher Education
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"Good all-in-one"

Comments: Inventory and asset tracking, single location to manage all macs, lots of community support

Pros: jamf has an advantage of having MDM and policy/self-service built-in to one, and it manages macOS and iOS in the same platform. There are a lot of things that jamf does really well, and being one of the larger platforms it has a great community around it.

Cons: jamf has a lot of limitations and does some things poorly. They have grown in their release cycle which has helped with Apple's quickly changing landscape, but there's still a lot that is customized. Often you don't know there's a limitation until you're in the weeds and realize that jamf doesn't do it at all or doesn't do it well. Our environment (and most) have a lot of customization in order for it to run smoothly

• Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Paul E.
Sr.Network Admin
Education Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees

"My Jamf journey"

Comments: Jamf makes everything better from imaging Macs to managing our iPad fleet. Tech time is down because it just works, wish I Could say that about windows.Jamf has paid for itself in cost reduction in tech time and management twice over in the last three years.

Pros: First off I when I started down the Merry road of Jamf I had no experience at all with MDMs.I had to move from another MDM mainly for ipads and the boss said it's your baby now. Well from the jumpstart to a 3 month implantation I am blown away on the easy it was to set up,that was three years ago now we manage everything Mac/iOS with Jamf.

Cons: If I had one thing I would like it would be a little better reporting on the iOS side.

Ryan B.
IT Technician
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/04

"no experience to Admin in no time flat"

Comments: it has been almost completely positive.

Pros: my district decided to try out apple products in a 3 tier deployment. Faculty was first, i was selected to run as admin for this but had no previous experience with even the most basic Mac machines. Between the 1 week of training and the answers from Jamf Nation i was able to get 200 machines up and running in under 3 weeks and expand to now over 300 Macs and 3000 iPads with very few hiccups.

Cons: a lot of my issues have slowly been fixed with software updates. my biggest issue was with shared iPads and setting the location/time. now that i no longer have shared iPads its a nonissue

John N.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/24

"Jamf have been a first class company to work with from the initial engagement through to completeion"

Comments: Jamf helps us do more with left and adds real tangible value to the Apple devices used by the people who earn and learn at our College!

Pros: The Jamf product clearly has its roots as a software that was thoughtfully designed by System Administrators themselves who understand IT shop workflows.

Cons: The marketplace is crowded and there is a lot of competition. In some cases the competition is able to offer most cost effective solutions. This can make the Jamf solution a more difficult sell to management. The typical offset technique is that Jamf focuses exclusively on the Apple ecosystem and therefor it is unquestionably the best at dealing with our organizations fleet of Apple products.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/24
Sean B.
manager
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/22

"The only MacOS/iOS MDM solution to consider"

Comments: Jamf Pro has been reliable and a great Apple management solution for us. We are assured that any Mac coming in the door will be managed and managed reliably.

Pros: Jamf Pro is great! It provides the most features for MacOS and iOS support. It provides everything any other MDM solution will provide but with day-zero support for new OS releases and a Self Service application for end users.

Cons: I do think it's a bit on the expensive side. I also believe the patching functionality can be improved.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/22
Max P.
Manager, Professional Services & IT
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/17

"A must have for asset management for Mac Systems"

Comments: We needed a way to manage laptops for local and remote employees as well as push updates and software such as antivirus and Office. We had between 100-200 Apple laptops to manage and it was hard to do one by one. And the new hire process was slow to setup laptops without this software. After a few weeks of learning how to use JAMF we could order a laptop from Apple through our company e-commerce store and have it shipped to office or a remote employee and it would be setup, joined to AD, software installed, etc. right out of the shrink wrap. Can’t image using anything else now, but does have a steep learning curve.

Pros: Best way to ensure all Macs are up to date, ready to go with business required software installed. Works straight out of the shrink wrap.

Cons: Very steep learning curve. Lots of short scripts to install different software. They do have a good CS team to help onboard you and check back in if you need help. But expect to spend the first week or two learning how to get it to do what you want. Don’t expect to learn how to deploy this without designating a lot time on learning it.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/17
Apple Technology Specialist
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/28

"Consistently reliable MDM solution"

Comments: I was initially drawn to Jamf by the sheer number of times I found myself on JamfNation forums while searching for answers to a problem with my existing MDM. Jamf has proven one of most fully-features solutions I've worked with, has very regular updates to their product improving and refining their feature set, and as noted above, has one of the most knowledgeable and helpful online communities I've encountered. As a recent bonus, their acquisition of the Nomad utility for macOS makes binding and mobile accounts a thing of the past.

Pros: Feature depth, customer support, forums, and now Nomad integration

Cons: A bit pricier than I'd like, and tough to get a personal touch from support at their size.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/28
Maurissa W.
Mac Client Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/19

"Can't imagine managing Macs without it"

Pros: It's the most comprehensive management software and makes my job a lot easier when it comes to helping our end users get what they need and have a good experience in the process. I also like how much the community input matters and new feature requests are added all the time.

Cons: I don't like their support structure as much as I used to since now there are teams rather than specific people assigned to an organization. Sometimes it's harder to get the answers you need since the support engineer isn't as familiar with your organization's setup as they previously would have been.

Terence S.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/19

"An essential tool to managing Apple devices in our school."

Comments: The restrictions mostly from Apple that limit what can be done from within Jamf Pro to manage both our macs and iOS devices. Jamf Pro is capable of doing more but often Apple simply doesn't allow it to do so.

Pros: What I like most about Jamf Pro is it's overall power and capabilities. With a small support staff for a large number of devices, Jamf Pro allows us to perform and automate a lot of tasks that would have otherwise required hundreds of man hours to complete. It also allows us to provide Self Service options to our users which lowers IT operating costs. I can't imagine doing my job without Jamf Pro.

Nick P.
Engineer 1
Printing, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/19

"Jamf Pro makes my management really easy. My Windows management colleagues are always jealous."

Comments: There are no other products on the market that do what this product does. Nothing even comes close as far as Mac and iOS management are concerned.

Pros: Ease of use. I can quickly train my Windows centric team, as well as less technical people throughout the company, to get useful information from the web console. I like that even as you get to more complex configurations, things still seem easy and intuitive.

Cons: Sometimes we have some weird issues while running policies. We've attempted database cleanups, and other maintenance, without too much luck. That being said, our support has been fantastic.

Alex W.
Technology Consultant
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"Powerful, but necessarily complex. Great support, darn good value"

Comments: Management of several schools/districts worth of iPads, centrally managed in a way that makes it very easy to keep up to date

Pros: Support (including chat support) is great. There's a lot to it, so the "ease of use" suffers a little...but if it were too easy, it'd also lose a lot of power. They're always adding new features, and there's a public "Feature Request" page

Cons: Some weird issues pop up that only one person in the office knows the fix for, so I have a support roulette to find the right person (or someone who knows the right person). I'll stress again though that this is rare, and our instance is sort of wacky anyway, so it's a pretty minor "con". The iOS price used to be competitive, but is becoming less so as more vendors come into the market. Experience is great, but the MacOS price, for what we do, is far less competitive. It's very powerful though, so again, a minor con

Andre D.
Support Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/25

"I love it. Simple and gets the job done after setup."

Comments: Zero Touch, it is an easy way to manage all our Macs and it is great for setting up a Mac.

Pros: I like the zero touch aspect. Getting a user up and running fast is perfect. I also like how to can apply software from self service so wherever the user is they can get the software they need to complete their job.

Cons: Our only issue is getting it to work with LDAP. We have to manually hand the user account info into the jss after zero touch. If we can get that working where it is all automated will be great.

Michael V.
Senior Macintosh Engineer
Government Administration, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"I've been a Jamf Pro (Casper Suite) customer for nearly 5 years. Can't live w/o the tools or MN team"

Comments: No headaches. Ease of use. can teach others to use it easily.

Pros: Ease of use. Customer service (dedicated staff person). The classes and certifications offered around the globe. Jamf Nation community. The JSS Dashboard (web based). Compared to other Mac enterprise tools and MDM services, Jamf Pro beats the competition by miles. I've tried many too.

Cons: Still computing... will let you know when something pops out. I love that this software is Apple only. The focus there is great. Bye Windows folks.

Geoff B.
Manager, Client Support Services
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"Manage 25,000 ipads and 5,000 desktops. JAMF has been invaluable."

Comments: There are so many benefits. Complete management of iPads Manage apps, Teacher control, elps in recovery of lost/stolen devices.

Pros: The ability to customize the experience for the end user is amazing. We have used it to recover many lost/stolen devices. The teachers are able to use it to focus the class of iPads to a specific app and or task. the Service/Help is amazing.

Cons: It still has some of the old features enabled that are no longer needed and at times this can cause some slowdowns

Maximilian N.
IT-Systemadministrator
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/09

"If your looking for the Apple ecosystem management solution, take it :)"

Comments: really love it, the community around and my daily work.

Pros: I really like how easy to use jamfPro is, even if you have to do the weirdest things with Apple devices. And also the day zero support which is very good to avoid problems on macOS release days. With the solution jamf Connect we are on track with the newest technologies available and can implement that in our windows environment.

Cons: there are no real cons, it's working like a charm!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/09
Christopher F.
Desktop Systems Administrator
Higher Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"Complete enterprise-grade management for macOS and iOS devices (and almost any other Apple device)"

Comments: No downsides to the product itself, but a product of this quality doesn't come cheap. You definitely get what you pay for, but you have to have a healthy budget for it.

Pros: Impossible to pick one thing that I like the most. It provides excellent inventory reporting, powerful and reliable MDM management for devices, powerful software deployment, a complete admin interface that gives me everything I need to manage my devices, and absolutely top-notch customer service.

Eric T.
Desktop Support Intermediate
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/26

"Easy to use, strong support"

Comments: We started with JAMF because we had a request for iPad carts, since then the amount of Mac's we manage has grown and all of them are managed by JAMF Pro.

Pros: Jamf Pro, like any other admin software, takes time to learn, but the panels and functions are very straight forward. I love the Dashboard feature to make it easy to see most of what I'm looking for. Self service is a very nice tool that extremly easy to set up and manage, you can also customize the look to reflect your company logo.

Cons: I've never used other Apple Managed software to compare to(except Apple Configuratior 2) so it's hard for me to compare. Most of the error's I've encountered would probably stem from learning curve mistakes. JAMF is very responsive with support and has always resolved my issues.

Todd T.
Lead System Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/25

"Overall, it's been a very good experience. With some ups and downs."

Pros: I like the ability to provide a front end store for the end user. This allows us to empower the user to install what they need when they need it.

Cons: Some of the triggers in policies are hard to use and a lot of times don't kick off well.
The policy trigger frequency should be able to have custom days - currently the shortest time is 1 day and the next up is 7 days. If we could do custom, then I could set it to 3 days or 4 days, etc.

Benjamin H.
Tech Director
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/25

"Less hands on time needed to resolve users."

Pros: Ability to scope add/remove software and configurations at will. Able to 'lock down' some student machines with higher restrictions without the need to touch the device.

Cons: Some of the support setup that goes beyond the software it self is lacking. Part of that is a limitation of my own knowledge, but at times it is nice to have support able to help with some of those items.