GoToAssist Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About GoToAssist

Remote support software you can count on. GoToAssist will be there for you, so you can be there for your customers.

Learn more about GoToAssist

Steve B.
VP of Sales
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/15

"We have been using GoToAssist for many years."

Comments: Provides a tool to support customers remotely and transfer large files directly between users.

Pros: File transfer, remote control and access are good features. Remote reboot feature also good. Unattended support is also a great feature if you plan to do remote support.

Cons: Connecting remotely to computers that you have previously connected to either requires updates or uninstalling previous version through Control Panel. Recently this issue has got worse and worse with no resolution for months and now has us looking for different remote support software.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/15
Customer Care Center Engineer
Computer Networking, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/07

"GoTo the Rescue!"

Comments: It makes remote access and support so easy, that it really comes down to being the most important software in my business. Without RescueAssist, I wouldn't be able to do my job sufficiently, and this just makes it that much easier.

Pros: The ease of use it what truly makes this a must have software for any remote support. Being able to have a single exe file to load on the fly, provide a session code and then have full remote control for support is what keeps my customers happy. Without a reliable, easy to use software like RescueAssist, I wouldn't have a job.

Cons: With the newest OSX, unfortunately the user has to go into their security preferences and allow control of their computer. By default this is disabled so the first time the user will have to unlock the security settings and enable it.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/07
Giridhar S.
Giridhar S.
Campaign Executive
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/28

"best of the best cloud based remote desktop Tool"

Comments: I have been using GoToAssist to provide technical support to my clients mostly and it helps me a lot in resolving all the issues in real time as it's a cloud based remote desktop tool. I was using this tool since 2012 and as of now resolved nearly more than 5000 customer and clients technical issues without any delay. Thanks a lot to this tool as it's always helps me a lot in delivering customer's business on time :)

Pros: The Most I like in GoToAssist is:
1. We can easily connect using remote desktop and secure
2. We can Access and Control unattended computers
3. Can Send files using this tool
4. Can Control PC and Apple MAC computers
5. Inbuilt Chat option
6. Real time customer Support

Cons: If I can get it for free for a lifetime then there'll be no dislikes about this tool :D

• Reviewed on 2019/03/28
Ifeoma O.
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/09

"Our clients love GoToAssist."

Pros: Gotoassist simplifies the process of remotely communication between my organization and our clients and even between the team at work. I am able to screen share with my colleagues at the workplace, comment on files and documents remotely. I see this tool as a better alternative to Google doc.
It is easy to setup and install ,and interestingly a lot of our clients have come to accept this tool courtesy our recommendation.

Cons: Requires a fast internet network connection to function quickly and from experience every remote communication tool requires same too.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/09
Miguel R.
IT
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/24

"IT Tools made easy with GoToAssist"

Comments: GoToAssist is a solid product. It can't get any easier when remotely providing support. Being a user for 2 years, I sometimes take for granted how much easier it's gotten. We use to use VNC, Teamviewer and Join.me, however, started having issues when a product marked as Free then was no longer free, or how another product is just not safe to have in your network. With GoToAssist you get the ease of use for both the person providing support and the person receiving support. Although it's not free if you are a Non-Profit there are ways to significantly reduce the price by half on a yearly subscription.

Pros: Ease of Use
Intuitive
Offers other built-in tools

Cons: Retail Price a little high compared to other free products

• Reviewed on 2017/02/24
Manny P.
Manny P.
Network Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/05

"Great remote access software."

Comments: Simple setup for you and the consumer. In just a few minutes you get computer access.

Pros: Make's remote support simple to use. Clients get a keycode to install software and you are in and out.

Cons: The software was buggy at times and couldn't connect and the computer was on trying to get remote support.
Pricing very steep when compared to other companies who do the same thing and have the same features and services.
When compared to other companies it's still has a lot more work to do to be charging what they charge.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/05
Derek C.
OFFICE MANAGER
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"I use when I need tech support and to allow secure remote access"

Comments: Secure help from different techs from many different programs. It assist with long term learning for me to better run my clinic

Pros: Software allows for tech support to remote into my computer or server and address issues over a secure connection. It is only a temporary download, so with that it helps to minimize any security threats. I am able to watch and work with techs this way and even learn how to fix things myself long term

Cons: The only thing that can be liked least about this software is that you have to take the extra few minutes to download it each time. That being said it's 100% necessary for security which definitely comes first

• Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Technical Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/02

"Very useful software. Limited on MacOS"

Comments: Once a session is established it is easy to provide technical support with almost no lag in the process. On MacOS, it is a little limited because it does not have annotation /drawing features or the ability to Restart as Admin to perform certain commands. Besides that, the software is simple, easy to use and fast.

Pros: It allows you to give clients fast technical support with little to no delays in the process.

Cons: Clients that are not tech-savvy find it difficult to join a session.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/02
Sloan S.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/12

"My favorite enterprise remote support app!"

Pros: + Set-and-forget - install for managed IT and it's there when you need it.
+ Auto-updates on client machines
+ Allows for clients to consent to remote support

Cons: - Versioning is an issue on some machines - if the client's machine does not update, it can become impossible to connect. This happens most often with clients who "break things" and is not a frequent occurrence.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/12
Anthony A.
Welcome Team
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/17

"GoToAssist Overall Positive"

Pros: Can remote onto customers windows based systems and assist with issues with ease. no issues with program once connected

Cons: Cannot remote onto a customers IOS device, I know this is asking alot but would be the cherry on top for customer service.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/17
Paralegal/IT/Full-Charge Bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/01

"GoToAssist is great!"

Pros: It allows our IT the ability to access and maintain our systems during employees' off hours. Our IT is then able to update each computer and the server, as well as fix any backup issue, insure that the backup's are running properly, and perform all virus and malware scans necessary.

Cons: If the system is down, of course, GoToAssist does not work. Of course, if there is not Internet connection, this software does not provide the necessary access from outside to the systems

• Reviewed on 2018/08/01
Board Member
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/04

"Great"

Pros: The software is a nice way to be able to have IT help. Easy access and useful when in satellite offices so they do not have to drive there.

Cons: Not much. It is a pretty great product. Occasionally we are unable to fix the issue at hand and it requires more work to get complete.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/04
Tracey M.
Tracey M.
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/12

"Top of the Line in the Remote Assistance Software Service Sector in my opinion. Worth every cent."

Comments: Ease of use to assist my clients remotely throughout the country.

Pros: I used this software for years and have seen it through many different variations but it definitely remains my favourite. Its ease of use and complex features are made functional and fun to use.

Cons: It is a little on the pricey side but that is understandable considering all the benefits that it offers.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/12
Colin W.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/01

"Very easy to use and reasonably priced for low volume users."

Comments: Affordable and very easy to use.

Pros: It was extremely east to learn the ins and outs of GoToAssist. I am relatively computer savvy but I think even novice users could handle this with relative ease. The user interface is very intuitive and the pricing for the volume users is reasonable.

Cons: We have occasionally run into issues getting things synced up between users with some crashing of the interface from time to time.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/01
Melissa A.
AA
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/11

"easy to use"

Comments: It was convenient and very easy to use especially for someone not tech savvy.

Pros: For someone who was on the receiving end of the support and not very tech savvy, it was easy to use and prompts were easy to follow.

Cons: Nothing to dislike about this software. Never had an issue the several times I had to use this software.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/11
Jordan J.
Jordan J.
Implementation Specialist
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/30

"Great for remote support"

Comments: Allowed our team to provide remote support to client around the state.

Pros: Easy to use and install. Allow for great remote support.

Cons: Licenses can get pricey after a few users.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/30
Integrated Technologies Consultant II
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/12

"Great way to remote to another workstation"

Pros: My company doesn't use this software anymore, but we used to and I loved it. Very user-friendly and intuitive. I also loved that I could see multiple screens when my end-user had more than one.

Cons: No complaints, I loved this application.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/12
IT Support
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/22

"GotoAssist makes our job a lot better and convenient"

Comments: Overall I'm very satisfied using this app. This helps us a lot when dealing with urgent issues on clients computer. App has also a lot of features that greatly benefits us

Pros: This remote tool can perform multiple tasks, that's why this is very convenient tool for me specially in IT support dealing with many devices

Cons: Just a little things needs to improve. On my case, I'm using android application of GotoAssist as well, sometimes when switching back to home screen of phone, GoToAssist app tends to automatically logout.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/22
Yagneshkumar P.
Yagneshkumar P.
Software Engineer
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/13

"Great Supporting tool via remote"

Comments: Ability to transfers files, record sessions, connect more than one end-user, chat option to take notes for the issues and much more

Pros: Go to Assist offers a wide variety of feature, First; with unlimited live end-user support- with one click i am able to convert a phone session with a customer into an online support session. Secondly, Session Reporting where i am able to jot down notes during the session, track my time spent, and more importantly record my session and download them for archiving and training purposes. Third, I am able to transfer files securely to my customer's pc and diagnose the issue. Fourth, GoToAssist has a dynamic remote support, where it enables multi-sessions for up to eight customers at a single time, transfer, files and reboot/reconnect if need be. Last but not Least, GoToAssist offers a trail version for users who want to test the software.

Cons: The lack of support, There were times when i had questions about the new features or even basic support for GoToAssist but thier customer support isn't sufficient to respond back in time, or it takes time for them to return to my messages via email.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/13
Chandra S.
Chandra S.
Insurance, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/26

"Will definitely assist"

Comments: GoToAssist is a great product for menial tasks. It does what I needed it for, but nothing extra.

Pros: I like that this program allows my help desk technicians to use remote capabilities when assisting their caller. This prevents frustration with the caller and allows efficient resolution..

Cons: This program tends to have slow connection and can take a while when uploading or transferring files.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/26
Bradley H.
Architectural Consultant
Architecture & Planning, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/23

"Long time user"

Comments: It has always been a reliable tool for me and thinking back I cant think of any issues I have ever had using this software.

Pros: I like that it has always been around for me, and that it has such an easy way of connecting with my clients to assist them with their needs on their machines using our software.

Cons: maybe not as feature rich, but a lot of the new features these days can be full of gimmicks or just for wow factor. this software just does what it needs to.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/23
Marvin P.
Marvin P.
Computer Technician 1
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/23

"we use this at work for all of our remoting. Works great and has good usable features as well."

Comments: Great software, great featuers, a bit on the pricy side!
Best benefit is the abuilty to send and receive data such as programs and or error logs.

Pros: This is our go to software for work. Obviously we use the for on demand customer service, but we also use it when we need to remote into a computer or server unattended. One of the great things about this software is the ability to send and receive files during the remote session, making it easy to install software or download log files when troubleshooting issues.

Cons: its a bit pricy, we've even discussed moving to an in house platform for remote software, but some of the features you get with GoToAssist are just not available with in house solutions.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/23
Paul B.
Paul B.
Technology Coordinator
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/02

"I have used several remote control packages and this is one of, if not the best, I've ever used."

Comments: Ease of use and ease for users to allow me to connect. I like the unassisted option that makes it easier for me to work on systems during peoples off hours but doesn't compromise their login credentials.

Pros: It's easy to setup new users and easy to use. When I have to connect in with someone I don't have unassisted access to their system it's easy for them to follow the on-screen prompts to allow me to connect.

Cons: Sometimes, not very often, I've had issues with updates causing issues with certain other software on systems that I connect to. I wish it were easier to "rollback" an update to an earlier version so they could have time to create a patch - which they have done for me in the past.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/02
Jason J.
IT Manager
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/25

"The Perfect Software for the IT Person"

Comments: I have had a great experience with RescueAssist and I would recommend it to any IT professional.

Pros: RescueAssist has been some of the most helpful software in my career. The ease of use as well as the options available for the price are unbelievable. I can manage 40 people's computers without leaving my home. The ability to control employee's' computers from my home is an absolute time saver.

Cons: Sometimes the software doesn't work correctly and won't pull up a support session, but usually exiting out and logging back in will fix this.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/25
Larissa H.
IT Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/17

"Best remote support software I have used in six years as a support technician!"

Pros: Easy to deploy, use, maintain, and start session for users. In addition to the unattended support feature, they have several URLs users can easily navigate to, which results in shorter time to session.

Cons: Cost - this is one of the more expensive remote support tools I have ever paid for. I had to really push to get it approved, but I'd say it's worth the price!

• Reviewed on 2018/04/17