15 years helping South African businesses

About HoneyBook

Tools for independent business owners: invoices, contracts, scheduling, and more. Get started with a 7 day free trial today.

Learn more about HoneyBook

Pros:

We have used it for a little over a year now, and this was so incredibly helpful filing taxes for the first time. Well worth the investment.

HoneyBook ratings

4.6
4.7
4.6
4.7

9.2/10

HoneyBook has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 610 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used HoneyBook before?

Hospitality, Self Employed

HoneyBook is the best.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I love this program. I'm not sure if there is anything really like it on the market and I don't care to look. This program has everything I need to keep up with the day to day in my business.

Pros:

I love this program. This is great for photographers and event planners. Likely could be good for another business as well, but as an event planner this program allows me to get inquiries, navigate them through the pipeline stage of booking, invoice clients and send contracts, process payments and build task management and automations all in one place. This program does so much, and connects to QuickBooks which is a huge bonus for me.

Cons:

There isn't really much about the program that I dislike. I don't like that the automations now have two types of files (legacy and templates). They are basically the same and it really makes no sense to me why they exist separately, but it doesn't impede on using the software. Also, the reporting is good but it doesn't really make sense as it's not as functional as I'd like. You can't look at a report in the program, you have to download every time, but, I make due with what's available.

Angela
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great for basic client tracking and proposals. Slowest for payment deposits.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I use the super basic functions of the platform. I am aware of the other great tools it offers - my business just can't afford the pro costs. I am on my fourth year using HB and still trying to figure out how to use some of the features.

Pros:

I purchased Honeybook primarily to keep my client details in a single location while gaining the ability to send proposals and invoices for the clean, professional touch. This area is very easy to use without having to hire a pro.

Cons:

To use all the features of CRM, you need to hire a pro who can set you back at least $2k. Also, the payment deposits are the slowest on the market - days! If you use Square, you get the deposit the next day - same for all other CRMs. If you receive a payment on a Wednesday, for example, you won't get that deposit until at least Monday.

Resha
Book keeper in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Honey for the money

3.0 last month New

Pros:

Invoicing I like the ability to easily invoice and send

Cons:

Should be able to have more functionality

Julia
Designer in US Virgin Islands
Graphic Design, Self Employed

I don't want to be with out it

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Affordable, easy to get started, can do it all.

Pros:

Honeybook keeps me organized which in return gives me a good reputation as a service provider. I like that I can do it all - and at that from my phone because theres an app that has most of the features the desk top does

Cons:

There's not much to like about it. It meets all of the things I was looking for in a CRM.

Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Near Perfect Helper

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, I live using Honeybook. It has helped me keep my client's information and projects easily managed.

Pros:

I appreciate having all of my client's information in one place. I also like that it can be integrated with email, you can create documents and so on.

Cons:

I would like more creative ability within the documents. Also don't like how some of the documents including invoices interact. It's hard to explain. It's both easy and complicated at the same time.

Robin
Creative Liason in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

HoneyBook takes the stress out of Events

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I have been using HoneyBook for my event planning business, and it has truly transformed the way I manage my events. The platform's ease of use for both business and customers is exceptional. It simplifies the process of keeping all event details in one place and ensures everything is organized on the calendar. The amazing capabilities of HoneyBook have made my life so much easier, allowing me to focus on delivering exceptional service to my clients. I highly recommend HoneyBook for any business looking to streamline their event management process.

Cons:

Nothing, the application is fantastic!! I am so glad we have this amazing tool for our business!

Mai
Managing Director in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

HONEYBOOK IS A DREAM!

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have fully enjoyed my experience in totality and remain a current client and user.

Pros:

I love the ease with which I can confidently navigate the multiple features of Honeybook. I am not the most tech savvy but Honeybook makes it feel easy to me!

Cons:

I had a bit of trouble acclimating to emailing within the platform but now I have adjusted and know how easy it can be! Sometimes the emails land in client's spam but only once in a while!

Owen
Owen
programmer in US
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

improved task management

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It makes it easier for me to have all the detailed information about each project in one place and having my scheduling calendar makes all my work flow organizedly.

Pros:

It is an innovative tool where each function is unique and serves to have an improved organization of my work, in task management it is easy to distribute the work in the team and then reunite it and the security with the data is very reliable, when I make the signatures electronics I am calm that there is no risk of anything.

Cons:

All the processes are useful and have had no inconsistencies in use, so on my part everything has turned out satisfactory.

Lauren
CSR in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Reviewing Honeybook

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall i think this program can help lots of marketing companies with proposals and its very detalied amd accurate

Pros:

I really enjoy how easy it is to use the system. I take a lot of payments and handle invoices and this program makes it easy

Cons:

The customer service can take a while to answer the phone or resolve a problem online

Director in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

HoneyBook is great!

5.0 last week New

Pros:

What I loved the most of Honeybook was the scheduling was easy and processing payments and also the flexibility of customers paying online for services and products

Cons:

Long term it just wasn't for me and my business

Flossie
Professional photographer in US

Level up

Comments: It’s saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros:

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons:

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and I’d like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

Cori
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

The Best CRM Software EVER!!!

Comments: I am keeping my workflow seamless. I am not falling behind with not knowing what i have and havent done. I get notifications in my app on my phone to keep me up to date when i am not at a desk. Saving templates keeps me from having to re-do contracts and brochures to send to clients. And honestly the BIGGEST thing is it keeps me on top of clients and either closing things out if they arent interested, booking them if they just forgot to get back to me, or making sure they are seeing things.

Pros:

I love how seamless and easy to use it is. It may be a transition at first but once you get changed over you will NEVER go back. The workflow is so easy to use and very customizable. Other softwares i've tested are not even comparable to how simple honeybook is to use.

Cons:

The only thing i wish were better is the calendar system. It would be nice to be able to block dates out on the calendar to avoid booking, like if you had planned a vacation. I also with it would sync directly to ical. I hate having to make it use google becuase if google runs out of space it doesnt tell me and then i have a calendar issue.

Alyssa
Founder & Creative Director in US
Design, Self Employed

Using HoneyBook is like having a personal sales assistant helping me run my business 24/7

Comments: Wow, just keeping everything in one place for my business and the way HoneyBook automatically saves everything that I've been working on has been absolutely transformational. I feel like HoneyBook is 5-10 apps all in one. I also like your customer support and the overall vibe of your company that I get from using your product. I feel like you truly care about your customers :) Also, I'm currently on the $1 per month plan for 6 months. Keep offering that, because that is what made me commit to HoneyBook! Also, your pre-written proposal legal contract is AMAZING! So professional and easy to customize.

Pros:

Honeybook is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Luckily, I started using it when I began my business, so I didn't need to transfer any existing CRM or sales data over. When I was onboarding, HoneyBook's support staff loaded in a bunch of pre-designed templates specific to my industry. They also took images I sent them of my products and prices and turned them into usable sales proposals. That alone has saved me WEEKS of time that I would have had to spend learning how to use HoneyBook and manually inputting my content.

Cons:

The time tracker does not function to the extent that I need it to. I currently use Time Doctor to track my time, but it would be nice if I could keep everything in HoneyBook. Also, I oftentimes don't see my reminders for following up with "tasks" for clients in my projects pipeline. If there's a way to have those notifications automatically sync with my personal google calendar and send me an email reminder, that would be helpful. Pipedrive's CRM and sales pipeline does a really great job of showing urgent prospects to follow up with. I think it color-codes them too. Also, the email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing. Sometimes, I can't tell if an email sent or not. The notes are also not displayed in a way that's very easy to read. It would be nice to add bullets, bold text, underline, etc. Pipedrive does a really great job of showing all of the email threads and notes between clients and multiple team members in their CRM. Also, the first time I sent an invoice, HoneyBook automatically included a place for gratuity/tip. I've now figured out how to turn that setting off, but I couldn't see that it was automatically included in my invoice ahead of time. With my business (and I think most), they will never need gratuity, so I think that's kind of an odd setting. Maybe instead of having to click and review the settings in the left side bar of invoices, there could be an extra prompt to review those settings before the user sends the proposal to their client.

Charlie
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Solid Payment Invoicing & Proposal Tool

Comments: 8/10. Once the client has paid the first time, their automated recurring payment solution is working really well for me.

Pros:

I moved away from Quickbooks online because they didn't have an easy way to send customers automatic recurring invoices. Honeybook had pre-built service agreements along with the automated recurring payments feature I needed for my business. It was appealing to work with them because set up was very easy to get what we needed up and running

Cons:

After a client pays their invoice, it usually takes 12-24 hours for Honeybook to send me a confirmation email saying they've paid. This is (I don't use this word often) absurd. With Quickbooks, I know payment confirmation comes in within 10 minutes. Especially if I am going to start work with a client right as they pay, this hurdle in their platform stops me from getting to work right away. It usually leads to me emailing my customer "Did you pay the invoice?" then them replying "I did!" then me looking into Honeybook wondering why the heck it hasn't come in and making me look foolish to my client... Then I finally get the notification the next day. It's the #1 feature request they need to get updated.

Sarah
Owner in Canada
Photography, Self Employed

Definitely a game changer!

Pros:

I love how organized I feel using this product - I can see at a glance where I am in the process with all of my clients and it is amazing to pull up all the correspondence with each client in one place. It has made a world of difference and I am beyond happy with it!

Cons:

The thing I like least is the limitation when building templates for contracts, proposals, questionnaires, etc. - I am in the business of photography and delivering beautiful images is what sets my soul on fire! I wish I could add some of my images into some of my documents and have full control over the size and their location in the document. The way it is set up right now is a square crop on any image which can only be left, center, and right page. Dubsado has the leg up on Honeybook in that regard but otherwise I am totally happy with Honeybook.

Taylann
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Best business decision!

Comments: Incredible. I can't see us using any other program.

Pros:

Integration with gmail for scheduling, payment processing and mobile app! Also, how easy it is to use and how it maximizes the client experience.

Cons:

For our industry, it is lacking an edidable document such as a BEO or Event Details Sheet - I wish this type of document would be an option.

Ariel
Owner/ Lead Photographer in US

Honeybook is AMAZING!!!

Comments: My overall experience with Honeybook has been incredible. I use the program for contract, invoices, payment processing, reports, automations, client contact, calendars, questionnaires, and so much more!

Pros:

What I love most about Honeybook is that most of my business needs can be handled through them! Aside from client galleries- it’s all done here on Honeybook. The program is organized, intuitive, and includes so many features! It’s easy to learn and use. I can’t imagine running my business without it!

Cons:

I have no cons. This meets and exceeds all expectations that I would have for a CRM.

Deborah
Designer in Canada

This Product is a Must.

Comments: This software organizes our contracts, our proposals, our payments and essentially preps all our accounting in such a quick easy way. Our business became so much easier. We don't have to sit over paperwork for hours and that gives us time to give it our clients...which in turn gives us more clients. Our clients have never had to ask how to pay through the software because it is easy. The system even sends out payment reminders to our clients so we don't have to...which is definitely a major plus. I have already recommended HoneyBook to several other businesses who were struggling with all the paperwork and payments for their companies. This software makes that much of a difference.

Pros:

The complete set up of contracts, invoices and legal portions was so quick and easy. Now we don't have to struggle with creating new proposals with each client. The auto population of products previously used is a huge time saver and makes it really easy for new employees to get the right price with the right product.

Cons:

The only thing I would like to see, and truly, I haven't asked, so it may even be there already; the monthly report of income shows the total of all contracts that came in during the month. We only collect a deposit from each. We would like to see the income report reflect just the deposit total of the month for our accounting purposes.

Jennifer
Wedding Officiant in US
Events Services, Self Employed

Love Honeybook!!

Comments: Customer service is prompt, attentive, and friendly. The program helps me manage all of my couples' needs efficiently and with ease from the first contact to follow up after their wedding ceremony.

Pros:

Honeybook provides many tutorials to help you get the most out of the program. Setting it up is fairly simple and worth the effort for the ease of use in managing your clients and how much time you save when using the features such as email and contract templates and task management. I love having everything about my couples in one place - the contract, tasks, payments, all messages and any notes. Plus, I can see the details at a glance and love the ability to integrate my own pictures so my clients and I can all see the beautiful eye catching graphics of my choosing.

Cons:

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I thought I liked my old program a few years ago, but when it went defunct and I had to change, I was so grateful I was forced into an upgrade. I did not know what I was missing. This program simplified the management of my business beyond what I thought was possible.

Javier
DJ/Owner in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Makes your Creative business Look 👀 and run like a champ!

Comments: I was able to put different packages together with pricing that reflects the complexity of the events, such as weddings or corporate events that require more interaction with the client's for planing and venue walk-thru’s which will require more of my time to finalize the bookkeeping side of things simpler. Less complicated events are priced lower allowing me to book more events based on The amount of time I spend with the client versus actually the work that needs to be done giving me more time being creative and last time running the business.

Pros:

I have been with HoneyBook since it’s inception, I was fortunate enough to be one of the founding fathers. In the beginning, what attracted me about the platform was the ability to focus on getting my clients booked quickly by keeping everything in one spot through the iOS app or web-based interface and it has been relatively easy for them to use as well. They were already an amazing company with an outstanding product, and with each update they release, they continue to exceed my expectations and help me run my business on the go by making the complicated tasks seem quick and easy. BEST INVESTMENT EVER!! Thank you so much for bringing me and my entertainment company to the 21st century!!!

Cons:

Definitely Would like to see a review questionnaire or rating system with an HTML generator plugin that could be used to post on my website or google ad. Updated training videos for the new features.

Morgan
Cosmetologist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Great platform

Comments: Love them and will always recommend them when I can.

Pros:

I love that it makes everything so easy. you can send out your contracts, you can send out your emails, you can set reminders that will tell you when things are due you can send out invoices. If someone enters in their information through the contact page that honey but provides they put everything into the system for you that the client has provided to sell the name the email address all of that making it that much more easy for you . I also really love the customer service everyone is very professional and helpful and they go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. it’s also very easy to understand. It makes you look very professional as a business owner I highly recommend Honey Book

Cons:

Honestly there’s not really a whole lot of cons the only one that I can think of is that the mobile app is not as interactive as if you were using a computer or laptop but honey book constantly works on improving things so I’m sure that in the future it will be fully interactive from your phone where you can check on things like bookkeeping and Send out contacts faster. So for me it’s not really a con just something to be aware of other than that I really honestly can’t really think of any cons.

Amanda
Venue Director in US

Honeybook Makes Running a Business Less Time Consuming

Comments: Honeybook has saved me HOURS every week - which for me means more time with my family and less time in front of a screen. It's so easy to add projects and keep all communication in one place for reference, and the option to add files to each event keeps everything in one place which is GOLDEN.
On the back end we love the reporting function for taxes, tracking how we are doing and our goals.
I can't speak enough great things about Honeybook!

Pros:

Honeybook does a great job about giving you the ability to customize your proposals, brochures, invoices and more. The calendar being linked to google is AWESOME and not having to track down late payments is great so I can focus on my client's and their goals. They're constantly updating, adding and expanding the services which is nice as our business grows too.

Cons:

There are some kinks, especially if trying to work it with a team of employees that are not the best and if you aren't careful can result in double coverage or gaps. The timeline feature is helpful when it's not constantly freezing or crashing and is basic but when workings awesome! Quickbook link - doesn't completely speak with Quickbooks so if you also link a bank account it will result in double entries and occasional mis-logs. For us it was easier to disconnect, fix the past and just compare moving forward.

Matt
Web Designer in US
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

One of the best customer service relationship managers around!

Comments: We've been using them for a couple of years now and just recently moved our second business into the HB system. We're happy with the way things are and don't plan on changing anytime soon!

Pros:

Honeybook has everything we need to run our two companies (and we use it for both). Support has been absolutely excellent, and we love how they're constantly adding new features and templates. HoneyBook is easy to use and they take security seriously, which we value.

Cons:

They're stuck in the Stripe system for payments with zero other options. We run our businesses using PayPal and the lack of paymention options pales in comparison to a couple of the CRM competitors out there. The app could use with a UX/UI redesign for the new decade. It's easy to use, but could be much better.

Jennifer
Tour guide in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

HoneyBook review by Jen

Comments: Considering how well most of the experience went, I would recommend HB.

Pros:

Hand off booking to HoneyBook. They have several automated services that keep business on track even if you've gone off the rails for a moment.. (l.o.l.)We came to Honeybook because I'd heard great reviews of their contracts, I wasn't disappointed at all. Easy peasy.

Cons:

While HB shined in some ways, I guess it just wasn't what I expected in others. Payments lagged behind.

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

HoneyBook Review

Comments: Overall, my experience with HoneyBook was positive. The platform streamlined my client management processes and helped me stay organized and efficient. The ability to centralize all client interactions, from initial inquiry to final payment, in one place was a game-changer. The platform's user-friendly interface and customizable templates allowed me to create professional proposals and streamline my workflow. While the reporting and analytics capabilities were somewhat limited, the overall experience with HoneyBook was excellent, empowering me to deliver a seamless client experience and grow my business effectively.

Pros:

One of the things I liked most about HoneyBook was its all-in-one platform for managing client interactions and business processes. The ability to streamline and automate tasks such as client communication, project management, invoicing, and contracts was incredibly valuable. The intuitive interface and customizable templates made it easy to create professional-looking proposals and streamline my workflow. Additionally, the collaborative features, such as the ability to share files and communicate with clients in real-time, enhanced the overall client experience.

Cons:

While HoneyBook had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the limited reporting and analytics capabilities. The platform provided basic insights into my business metrics, such as income and project status, but I would have appreciated more in-depth reporting and analytics features. It would be beneficial to have access to more comprehensive data and visualizations to gain a deeper understanding of my business performance and make data-driven decisions.