• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,6 /5

About todo.vu

CRM, task management, time tracking and billing for teams, agencies, freelancers and consultants.

Learn more about todo.vu

Selwyn F.
Director and Financial Advisor
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/24

"A daily project management and todo list program used for my business and private life"

Pros: After trying so many, this one allows different workspaces i.e. business, pleasure, projects etc
colour coded labels for urgency and importance and simple additional comments added to the same task or project along with a time clock for the work completed.
Can share comments with clients and teams working on the same project.
Each client is listed and additional tasks, comments and narrative histories are kept saved and backed up by Kitovu
Best of all is that emails can be forwarded from clients or myself to Kitovu to create tasks. Developers provide extremely fast support and service like no other organisation and so are extremely keen to resolve questions and get genuine feedback.
Great value and I highly recommend it for business and private life.

Cons: None so far, all of my questions have been answered by the developer and the product is always being improved. Help is near when using Kitovu

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/24
Fidelis A.
sales executive
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/20

"todo.vu for project tracking"

Comments: My overall experience is impressive. Although is one of the first-hand project management software am using. They are supportive and very easy to set up projects.

Pros: todo.vu is a project management software. I use this software to manage our agency projects. It is a great software for freelancers as it helps me to list out the task I would like to carry to, set my due date, and start a count-down timer to measure the time it took me to complete each task and project. As a freelancer, I am rewarded to set up a task and project within the 14 days trial period so as to reduce my cost of the subscription. I can easily assign tasks and invite my team member via email to work on the same task. It is easy to use, easy to track projects and can be integrated with other app services.

Cons: todo.vu team needs to clarify and improve on their billing feature for new projects. They need to connect social media or other messaging platforms to help share the project progress with clients.

by Kitovu on 2021/04/10

Fidelis, thanks for your great feedback.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/20
Kim B.
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/26

"Great Task Management System"

Comments: It has beneficial for us to track clients & time spent. This helps us to determine our pricing, which is useful.

Pros: I love the way that I can task out our team based on client & project. Then view analytics about this. It helps in keeping track of employee's tasks, as well as how much time we spend on clients & projects.

Cons: When it comes to media, we would love to be able to share inside the app. We were able to do this in the beginning, but soon filled our data limit. Many of these files are not needed after the task is complete. In the help chat, I was able to gain access to the files in bulk - however there was no way to "select all" media & mass delete. I feel this would be a useful capability.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/26
Eseosa I.
Digital Marketing Executive
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/25

"It gets the Job done!"

Comments: Overall, I'll say it gets the job done and the interface is fantastic as well so little to no learning curve in adopting it.

Pros: - Ease of use if the first thing that stood out to be with this product. Super intuitive and visually pleasing interface. - I think it would be great for entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to organise activities and tasks - Some of my favourite product features are the colour-coded importance markers and the time tab showing time spent on each task.

Cons: - The tool experiences some down-time every now and then, not sure if it's from my weak connection or from their servers perhaps - Exporting saved contacts was a bit of a task to figure out .Besides those, great product overall

by Kitovu on 2019/08/01

Thanks, Eseosa for the great feedback.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/25
Jon P.
Chief Geek
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/05

"Amazing Project Management Software"

Comments: As a small design company, I had been searching for a project management tool that was easy to use and navigate, that had all the segments and features I needed in it, and most importantly could fit my budget and scale as I grew. todo.vu has hit the sweet spot on all fronts. It gives us just enough flexibility to communicate and log what my team needs to in order to get the job done, but enough framework so that nothing falls through the cracks. The desktop and mobile interfaces are very user-friendly, so management and updates can be handled virtually anywhere. Checklists, Timelines, File Handling, Due Date, Delegation, Status, all the features are there!

Pros: I like that it is intuitive. It breaks down tasks, delegations to people, the scope of time and other smaller functions very well. I love how affordable it is. I think it's amazing.

Cons: Only 2 things really.
1) Can't export Contacts easily yet
2) I wish there was a stand alone time keeping function.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/05
Brett H.
Partner
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/16

"Vu'd be crazy not to give it a go"

Comments: To Do Vu is finally sorting out two big problems for me: 1. A simple effective to do list that keeps me focussed.
2. A simple and effective way to capture my time and bill clients.
For those looking, let me save you some time. To Do Vu has what you need. As an accountant and real estate agent I have tried many, many task tracking apps and equally as many time tracking apps. I have also watch my clients try and fail many many such apps. ToDo.Vu does what you want at a price point that is hard not to put it miles ahead of its competitors on value for money (value for money = features / price). I have also noticed that they have been very active in developing the product. The features keep coming at a steady click and add further value each time. (Not just a pretty icon or a facelift). Give it a go, stick with it, it's worth it.

Pros: Easy to use, lots of useful featues and great value for money

• Reviewed on 2017/03/16
Christina D.
Managing Director
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/11

"todo.vu trial"

Comments: At the end of the trial, I found more billing hours than I usually would by tracking on a calendar system. That's real money.

Pros: It was easy to get started, learn and apply. Start up took a couple of minutes. Took 4 hours to master the whole thing. It rewards you for learning with real money. Setting up and tracking my client time, took me less than an hour.

Cons: The time start stop time is confusing.

by Kitovu on 2018/09/11

Wow, the perfect customer - no support required and figures it all out.

Christina, should you need any help, please do let us know. I'd love to know what you find confusing about the timer.

Thanks for taking the time to review todo.vu.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/11
Ivan Y.
Developer

"Does the job easily."

Pros: It is easy to use. Looks good. It doesn't bother you with unnecessary stuff. Has nice import/export features.

Cons: Some really minor issues, like it doesn't remember me, I need to login every day. And also can not remove "Important" flag from a task.

by Kitovu on 2018/01/23

Ivan, thanks for your great feedback. Regarding turning off Important flag - some settings can not be edited once a task is completed. This is to ensure preservation of data for historical records.

Petya M.
web site developement and design
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/25

"I use the software at work and also at home."

Comments: It does what it must - it is a project and task manager, also time tracker, and CRM,a collaboration tool and also billing tool.

Pros: It offers enough features on the fair price. It is highly intuitive and easy to use. I like it a lot.

Cons: Maybe the short list of tasks at one time. Sometimes I have many tasks - at home and work and I want to be able to see them all.

by Kitovu on 2018/08/27

Petya, thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate it.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/25
Bruno C.
WordPress Developer
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/22

"Todo.vu is one of the best complete Task Management System"

Pros: It packs in a single tool the most desirable functionalities, such: task management, team management, bill management and time tracking.

Cons: Some functionalities still needs some polish. Things like auto repeating tasks doesn't work very well in some cases, like when you need to do an edit in all of the repeating tasks or delete all of them.

by Kitovu on 2018/01/23

Bruno, thanks for the great feedback. We are currently testing our next release of repeating tasks which will introduce much more advanced sequence editing and resolve the issues relating to mass editing a sequence.

Sue H.
Development Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/22

"Great idea . . . needs some tweaking"

Pros: I like that you can break a project down into smaller parts. The color coding is good. Icons are helpful, but I had to work to mold them into what worked for me.

Cons: Not at all intuitive. The Edit Timer function could be made much simpler. Only lists 5 existing tasks at a time, then you need to click again for the full list. I'd love to see a redesign of the screens themselves. I've trained myself to look at only the areas I need to see, but it seems cluttered to me, and it took a while before I really was confident about how it worked.

by Kitovu on 2018/01/23

Sue, thanks so much for the constructive feedback. We are working on new documentation and training videos at the moment.

Rudy M.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/06

"Free Trial not enough to evaluate - might as well be scrapped"

Comments: Frustrating

Pros: The look and feel, and the ease to create tasks, users and clients.

Cons: Installed desktop and IoS versions.
Mobile app hangs when trying to change workspace.
Mobile user cannot sign into same workspace, making the whole thing useless.
The lack of integrations.

by Kitovu on 2020/05/10

Rudy, thanks for your feedback.

We frequently extend the free trial for anybody who asks, so had you contacted us we would have gladly provided more time. I noticed that you've only had the trial for just 1 day - the free trial provides all premium functionality so I would really appreciate knowing what more you would find useful.

Checking your account I can see that you only have 1 workspace so there would be no need to change workspaces in such a situation.

We are unaware of any issues with the mobile app, but certainly, if you were to provide some info on what you experienced, we would investigate immediately.

If you've any interest, I'd be more than happy to talk to you more about how todo.vu works via email or a phone call.

Either way, I wish you all the best.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/06
Teacher
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/24

"Simple project and task manager with inbuild time tracking"

Comments: I am impressed with the minimal but effective way of project management. It logs time, has a checklist for doing the task. I would like to see a time of copletitation in the checklist, a favorite and very important star sign like Google have in their email.

Pros: todo.vu have an old approach towards their UI. I really love the inbuild time tracking. It is a simple yet powerful project manager and I really like it.
I am impressed by how simple the workflow is for todo.vu. Its simple project and task are easy to handle. The task has a title description and checklist. This is all I need for my simple task and subtask manager.
Todo.vu has backlog time entry option, so I can create the task a manually add time to them.

Cons: Sometimes autosave can't reach the server and failed to save all the document which I have to recreate. The time start from -20sec. Sometimes When I click stop timer it didn't stop and keep running.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/24
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/12

"Recent convert to ToDo.vu and we love it!"

Comments: We are new to this system, but the customer support has been stellar. It also combines two or three systems we were using previously all into one. It's clean, intuitive, and easy to use. The built in timer is far and away the best one we've used as a company.

Pros: The UI and ease of use for this software is amazing. You can also search for tasks by almost any category you can think of. It's also "spam free" because you have to set up customer emails in the system for emails to be accepted. The reporting functions are awesome, and the built-in billing could be a huge asset if you're looking to integrate billing and reporting all in one spot. Customer support and responsiveness is THE BEST!

Cons: There are some features that are lacking, but I think that's due to how new the software may be. That being said, the support is top-notch and they listen to their customers, implementing things their customers need.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/12
Mike R.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"ToDo is a Must Try For Any Small Business"

Pros: Ease of use and user interface is attractive

Cons: All I need now is a reliable mobile app and to link this with the Microsoft suite

by Kitovu on 2019/08/27

Mike, thanks for the great feedback. The mobile app development is almost complete. Not too far away now.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/26
Scott J.
Owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/31

"I love this young app which serves many functions and is growing fast"

Comments: To review a worthwhile program that's up and coming but not yet getting noticed much.

Pros: It does all this: Project and task manager, time tracker, CRM, collaboration tool and billing. Each is easily accessed, intuitive to understand and use. This is a project for which the CEO is passionate about: he will assist with technical issues as he wants to understand how we use the service and the problems we have so it can be improved.

Cons: There's not much to dislike, though I wish there was an iPhone version. The CEO says it's in the works. The timer doesn't trigger automatically when there is inactivity. This too is on the roadmap.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/31
Writer/Editor + Virtual Business Specialist
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/10

"ToDo is Fantastic!"

Comments: We're using ToDo.vu to manage client tasks, track time, make notes, and collaborate on work. It is more streamlined than our previous management systems, and far less expensive. It's a win all around!

Pros: The built in time tracking - right in the same screen as tasks - is incredible! it has allowed us to capture more time and have fewer small increments fall through the cracks!

Cons: Unfortunately, we've had to do some workaround with repeating tasks and changing plans for our clients, but it's a relatively minor setback for all of the good things about this system!

• Reviewed on 2018/08/10
Carlos G.
Partner
Civil Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/29

"Hangs Up when creating "my First Workspace""

Comments: Nothing

Pros: I was unable to test it so it is difficult to say anythin

Cons: I just hanged up when trying to create a workspace, so, I decided not even to get it a try

by Kitovu on 2018/09/06

Carlos, I'm very sorry to hear of your experience. We have many thousands of active users so I'm sure this is an issue related to your setup. As with any web application, the performance will depend on your internet connection, your web browser and any plugins you may be running. If you contact our support at [email protected] then we will happily schedule a call to help you out.
***POST NOTE***
We managed to contact Carlos and discuss the issue. He tried again and it worked with no issues. So it does appear to have been a temporary connection issue related to his location and setup. To our knowledge nobody else has ever reported a similar issue and we have never been able to replicate the problem on any of our test systems.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/29
iOS Developer
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/30

"An average and cost effective todo management for users"

Pros: - Todo.Vu is great when managing very small amount of project and tasks
- The pricing is good, and have a free option to try out before use

Cons: - The UI is not modern and the UX is bit bad, which lacks the feel of using modern app
- There is no mobile application provided which is essential nowadays.

by Kitovu on 2018/07/31

Thanks for your review. If you have any specific concerns about the UI I would encourage you to email us directly with suggestions, we really are keen to hear constructive feedback.

The UI is built on a very modern ReactJS framework. This provides us with auto save of all inputs, very fast server responses and compatibility with all modern browsers. But there is always room for improvement of UI elements.

I look forward to hearing from you directly.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/30
Seray Ö.
Architectural Project Coordinator
Real Estate, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/02

"todo.vu is such a great collaboration software for technical design projects"

Comments: todo.vu is a user-friendly technical design project managmeent program that helps us to manage all aspects of our project designs from one single platform. Pricing plan is extremely affordable and worths the price.

Pros: User interface is great, we can use the platform with full features without problem thanks to its user-friendly inteface. Customer service cares about the cases we report them and they are fast to solve the problems. $9 per user, per month is quite affordable price when compared with the other alternatives and when features are counted.

Cons: Indeed todo.vu works in a great way so far that's why there is nothing serious to mention as negative so far. Maybe third party inegration library can be extended with new programs.

by Kitovu on 2021/04/10

Thanks Seray, I appreciate you taking the time.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/02
Rico A.
Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/21

"Todo.vu is great to use and document my activity and thoughts on projects I'm working on."

Comments: It helps me to easily keep up-to-date on my activities in my projects.

Pros: Ease of use, sits in the background and is updatable whilst you work. I also like that you can log time against the jobs.

Cons: There is nothing that immediately comes to mind that I dislike about the software. The only thing I can think of is the interface is a little generic perhaps? I'm thinking about MS Online interface as a more modern looking one, but this is not a big deal IMO.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/21
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/27

"Nice project task manager but average billing features."

Comments: I love the time tracking feature, it is the only reason I am still using this service. One click and you get all the details on your tasks and project. This helps me to see and manage my time really efficiently. Manually logging time also gives me the ability to add time in a single invoice. Billing and CRM features are OK, I really don't use them much here. todo.vu needs to work on their UI better. All the menus overlapping I don't like. As a freelancer, it is a really good tool for my business.

Pros: I am using todo.vu for quite some time to manage some of my project and daily driver. It did very good work for track time for tasks and manage projects. Average billing facilities. You need to spend some time on this software to use as a daily driver. The task manager, todo list and project manager is confusing at first and need to get used to due to their UI.

Cons: Set up time hi huge. I think a better getting started wizard will help to set up quickly. The calendar view of todo is really needed to visualize my past work, with notes so I can found my last and latest updates.

by Kitovu on 2018/11/29

Debjit,
Thanks so much for such great constructive feedback.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/27
Donna E.
Design and Production Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/02

"Overall great piece of software allowing us to track our department's productivity"

Pros: The billing and report area makes it easy for us to generate monthly reports for our financial director to allocate our salaries to for his activity based costings. I like that you can add time manually at the end of the day if you have forgotten to track a particular task. Breaking the navigation down from client, to project, to project tasks is a great way to organise our workload and our team of seven can see at a glance what each other are working on great for remote workers who are not always based in the same office.

Cons: The inhouse tasks don't show in the billing area so it's tricky to add them to our monthly report. Having to add on manually at the moment. However, the developers are working on adding in this feature. Customer service is great and always feels very personal - they take on board any feedback given which is very helpful.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/02
Photographer
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/29

"Task manager with inbuild time tracking."

Comments: I was looking for a basic task manager to utilise time more efficiently and manage it. Todo is one of the best option available.

Pros: I am very happy to use todo.vu. It helps me with tracking time spent on a task. As a photographer, I work hourly basic. Now I can charge my client on the basis of time spent on the job.
The project as a folder helps me to keep everything in one place. Some times task needs a manual time adding for jobs like outdoor drone shot. I can easily add this time and bill later. Now when I can see how much time I need for a certain type of project, I can use time more effectively and earn some extra bucks.

Cons: I can't search any task in the project. I have to be an inside project to search for a certain task. This features will be very helpful.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/29
manager
Biotechnology, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/22

"a To-do List, taken to business"

Comments: In general, happy. At work it is useful, and you can even use it in your private life

Pros: Useful. It is a type of CRM in which you can monitor tasks, objectives, budgets, and follow-up of clients, employees, equipment, fulfillment of objectives.

Cons: An update with "recurring tasks periodically" is pending. They usually respond quickly to ideas and suggestions, so there's not much bad to say

by Kitovu on 2020/01/23

Thanks for your feedback and support.

Please do get in touch with me directly about the recurring tasks and we can discuss your requirements and options.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/22