• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,7 /5

About ClickUp

ClickUp is the future of work - it's one app to replace them all. ClickUp is the #1 fastest growing productivity app in 2020.

Learn more about ClickUp

Showing 2 146 reviews

Irfan A.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/25

"Great Tool for My Small Projects"

Comments: I loved it overall especially because of its pricing as compared to some of the other options in the market.

Pros: Great experience with the product initially I was a bit hesitant to use and recommend it because I did not know about the product at all but once I started using it I fell in love with it. ClickUp support is excellent and the team behind its development is vibrant because one can see with frequent improvements and updates to the platform They keep on adding innovative features to the product which you will not find in your conventional project management software

Cons: It can be difficult in start because of so many things in place but once you get to know the features you fell in love but start can be cumbersome. Because of so many of the features initial set up can be difficult for some.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/25
Ben W.
Marketing and Growth
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/08

"A joy to use"

Comments: Outstanding product and support from the team, including the pre-created resources. Very easy to get started and be productive.

Pros: The user experience of ClickUp is outstanding while also providing power users the functionality they need. The best thing about ClickUp has been the changes to how we work. We had tried other products before but they never really stuck (Monday, Jira, Asana etc.). ClickUp is the first platform we have used consistently and everyone at the firm has found value from.

Cons: Would like to see even more external connection capabilities to further integrate ClickUp into other applications. The existing Zapier integration is good but exposing more of the API via Zapier and Tray.io would be very helpful.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/08
Rudolf N.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/08

"Best of all for tasks and project management"

Pros: I've tried them all, both the well-known project management tools and the newer ones, more document-oriented. ClickUp has the absolute best development team, listens to their community's voting platform and reveals new features every week. At the same time, their packages are reasonably priced, so affordable for many. We run a small real estate development company with ClickUp.

Cons: Their UI could be cleaner and their mobile app should be relaunched for sure. With their latest implementation of 'Automation' it looks very promising, and I hope they can keep up with the new players and make ClickUp more document oriented.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/08
Matt W.
CIO/CTO
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

"Seriously, outstanding job."

Comments: I use ClickUp purely for myself and I only use it for work related tasks, projects, and emails. I also have a small development team which I manage with Pivotal Tracker. Your feature set is growing into something I may move my dev team onto, but transferring all the notes, comments, etc will be the biggest obstacle.

Pros: It works really well, has extensions/add-ons, looks clean, is very customizable, and the rate you provide quality feature updates is mind blowing.

Cons: I was an IQTell user (RIP) one feature I miss the most where ClickUp struggles was a set of hotkeys and preset actions for processing lists at an extremely fast pace. For example, you could configure actions i.e "Create Next Action", "Delete", "Link to Action" and bind them to number keys. If I were viewing and email I could press "1" then "E" which would create a task and prompt me for a field or two. You could also process an inbox full of "quick notes" in a matter of minutes. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I don't feel like ClickUp allows for task processing at that place. Secondly, I get that the value is in the team related features, but a guy can wish. It would be nice to have a "solo" layout that disables the growing list of sharing options in the UI along with the multiple workspaces.

Mark M.
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/11

"Really is one product to rule them all"

Comments: Excellent - very good customer service, good product, a few teething issues with V2, but they have gone - very pleased.

Pros: A lot of products out there do certain things well - task lists - scheduling - CRM etc, but then they reach a shuddering full stop. We haven't found that point yet with Clickup and the constant innovation means that we are always pleased with the way it develops and changes.

Cons: We have been desperate for a resource scheduler and project budget planner since the moment we starting using it. Streamtime (a rival) does this very well, but just that. The Streamtime features in with Clickup would add the magic to make it a unicorn for us

Adrianna K.
Company Co-owner, Board Member
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/08

"ClickUp - software that changes with our business"

Comments: Possibility of simple data operations. We are able to create a functional customer base with full descriptions of potential clients. ClickUp changes as dynamically as our company and flexibly adapts to our needs.

Pros: - easy task sorting
- fluid filtering option
- searching tasks with ease

Cons: - software lags when it needs to process large amount of tasks
- when filtering, forcing US date format despite setting European format
- choosing several filters needs a lot of clicking
- the ability to choose your own filter formulas

Jason K.
Product Designer
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/02

"Simple enough to get started, deep enough for all your needs"

Comments: I couldn't be happier with our switch to ClickUp. I've been vocal to my friends and former colleagues on the service and a few have already signed up for it. Keep up the great work listening to your users and the transparency of what is next on your roadmap.

Pros: I randomly came across ClickUp when searching for a Project Management tool replacement. We had outgrown our use of Trello. After setting up the initial trial - I was quickly won over by the organization of not only projects but teams and tasks (even subtasks!). It allowed us to get deeper with our PM, but still easy and approachable for other team members across the company (ease to create a ticket and using the software, using Slack to submit, etc). We're seeing a wider adoption among more teams wanting to use it now.

Cons: The only con would be about user permissions. We've made it work but the initial setup was tricky. Being able to invite guests/members to specific Spaces would have been great. But with the speed and agility of the CU team, I'm sure any con listed would quickly get sorted out.

Angela M.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/27

"OMG Every week I am more and more impressed!"

Comments: I use ClickUp and Integromat to do my bidding LOL I am able to have all of my business information, projects and Customer Service in one place. When I am presented with a question such as "Can ClickUp do this" I can almost always make it do what anyone needs. I am passionate about this software and I am converting everyone that is willing.

Pros: I don't know what I love most about this software, because every time I turn around there is more to love! I use this software for my own business, for my clients and I recommend it to everyone who asks for my opinion and some who don't. I feel confident that you are listening to our needs and that you are keeping us informed about when you are working on the new features and you always make a huge effort to alert us to new features.

Cons: Sure there are things that I would like to have that aren't YET a part of ClickUp, however, you are adding new features each week and you do such a great job running the feature request system so that we can not only add our own requests but that we can upvote others.

David P.
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/17

"ClickUp is THE BEST project management tool, hands down."

Comments: I can't praise Clickup's product enough. I have personally used so many kinds of project management tools: Trello, Monday.com, Basecamp...you name it. Nothing comes close to Clickup. When I randomly think of a feature that might be useful to a project manager like me, it's there on Clickup!

Pros: This is a product with a soul. You just know it that an amazing product team is behind it. They have features like:
--Clickup Chrome extension can take screenshots with annotation then attach them to tasks directly. Seriously, how can you not like a tool like that?
--Integration with almost all popular software: Gmail, Slack, Timedoctor, Dropbox, and etc;
--Multiple views to manage tasks: List, Kanban, calendar view
--Notification center: You can clear up tasks related to you daily by working tasks one by one at the Notification center
--Recurring task: You can set how you want the task to recur, frequency, trigger, and etc
--Minimize tasks: you can save a task to the bottom of the screen if you're working on a task often

Cons: Seriously, there's nothing I can't think of. But if have to, I think their marketing team isn't doing a great job. Because a lousy PM software like Monday.com has much higher brand awareness, compared to Clickup. A killer PM software like Clickup should be the one dominating the market, yet it took me a long time to find it.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/17
Dominique W.
Director of Digital Media
Retail, 2-10 Employees

"Asana on Steroids"

Pros: Features
Not only is ClickUp more robust than other management softwares on the market it is more visually appealing. The commitment to providing different templates instead of taking a silly "minimalist" approach that seems to be trendy everywhere even in areas/industries where it doesn't make sense is great and allows project managers to provide different views of a project to get the full perspective on where the progress is and needs to go.
Transparency and Innovation
The constant improvement and level of transparency they provide in terms of where the product is going along with the genuine consideration they give their users by not only providing a transparent way to make suggestions but also ACTUALLY act on them is amazing.
Reasonably Priced
The best part is that they openly and freely provide a way to negotiate price and provide very reasonable fair pricing that doesn't leave small businesses struggling to stay organized. Many competitors have very rigid pricing that leaves 2 people teams with big projects and tiny budgets SOL. Had we not been able to negotiate we would not have been able to sign up for pro.
As with anything great they're not completely perfect, there's still some features that feel missing (bulk subtask selection, bulk task duplication) but thats OK —  its still a company ran by real humans and nobody is perfect. But I do think between the open roadmap, constant improvement, tonne of features and negotiable price they're pretty close.

Cons: Missing Features
Some more seemingly basic features seem to be missing (bulk subtask selection, bulk task duplication)
IG
Instagram integrated view like twitter doesn't exist yet
More is more (things to learn)
If you're like me and not a project manager/ have a clear vision of how you need to set up your views it can be overwhelming - there's definitely a lot to learn

David B.
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/18

"Excellent project management software. Functional but user-friendly."

Comments: Overall, ClickUp has made it easer to manage a large software project and to get engagement with my client. ClickUp has made this much easier and I can now deal with the client's main priorities.

Pros: The feature I liked the most was being able to quickly import tasks from Asana when we moved our project across. I tried with other services (e.g. Jira) and this did not work well (or at all). The integrations are brilliant. ClickUp has more features than many other services, but is also less complicated than the expensive, buggy options out there. It works very well for me.

Cons: There isn't much not to like, but the learning curve for some users is still a little steep. I manage a project in collaboration with my client and some of the features (e.g. list views) are not obvious in how to create or customise them. But this is a minor concern.

Daniele L.
Lead Developer
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/04

"The definitive project management tool"

Comments: ClickUp is a young company and his product is evolving at the speed of light, new improvements are released every week and it's clear that the foundations of the product are solid.

Pros: It's really simple to set up, everything is in the place you expect it to be and in a week it's possibile to build a complex project management dashboard aiming on coordinating and organizing different teams working in the same project. Actually more than 6 teams are working together (FE, BE, Customer Care, PM, SEO, CR and improvements, etc...) in this platform which allowed us to keep track of tasks, developments, bugs, documentation and lot more...

Cons: At the actual state we are missing mainly: ability to create users groups, ability to create sub folders (only 1 level of folders are allowed right now), ability to creare a deeper level of subtasks (only 1 level of subtasks is allower today).

• Reviewed on 2020/03/04
Yann I.
Podcasting Consultant
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/03

"THE project management tool (after having tried several others)"

Comments: ClickUp has quickly become the tool I manage most of my business tasks, projects, and work. There are only a couple of tools I use on a daily basis — and that help move my business forward — and ClickUp is at the top of the list!

Pros: There's plenty of things I like about ClickUp. What stands up for me is its user interface and, among other things, the ability to easily switch the dashboard view from Task List and Calendar to Board (Kanban-like). There's so much one can do in terms of organizing the project management spaces and products, as well as features and options you can add to and activate for specific tasks — labels, due dates, assignment and dependencies (great for when you have task B that can be completed only after task A has been completed). And ClickUp has something I consider a MUST for a project management tool, but that some still don't have, a smartphone and tablet app.

Cons: ClickUp has quite the variety of features and this may feel a little bit overwhelming, especially when starting out with the tool

• Reviewed on 2019/10/03
Shwetank P.
Machine Learning Researcher
Biotechnology, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/29

"Awesome Product - Must have if you want to declutter your worklife and project management"

Comments: I am a Machine Learning Engineer working on applications of AI in medicine and physiology. Mostly, I would be handling my projects using traditional pen and paper methods. However, it became too tedious and staring at those sheets of paper would start giving me headache. I tried apps like Trello and Asana but they were all rigid in how they let you organize your data and very non-user friendly. But, once I saw a youtube video by Thomas Frank in which he recommended this app and described its flexibility. I gave some time to learn using this app and it has been very satisfying experience for me. All my work projects are highly organized and I have started it to use it to organize my personal life expenditures. No more papers and clumsy to-do lists. Just clean and simple management using Clickup.

Pros: I really love the flexibility Clickup provide for the management of all my projects and personal life activities. I can adjust the tasks, subtasks, and checklists the way I want. You don't need to bend yourself to adjust to the Clickup environment, instead it moulds itself according to your management style. It just flows with you.

Cons: While the product is flexible, there is a certain learning curve for learning to use all the features of the environment effectively. Though, I think that is common among all the project management apps. One thing I least liked about Clickup is that it's Android app is very slow and takes time to get updated. It doesn't even run without a data connection on the phone and it gets problematic when signals are weak. I tried previewing some images I uploaded and it took a lot of time. A partial offline setting like Evernote where it saves your frequently used documents offline would be very helpful. Also, the tasks of doing budget and money management in projects are not done quite smoothly in the app. Maybe, a separate plugin for finance based tasks will be really helpful. Guys, your product is fantastic and I have high expectations for your team. You are doing really great work. Your motto of making the world more productive really resonates with the way many productive people want to lead their lives. I happily recommend this app to anyone who asks me about the productivity issue. So, I will hope that you will improve this minor issue.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/29
Jacob C.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/17

"ClickUp Is Awesome"

Comments: We tested out 5+ tools before choosing ClickUp... now people don't just use our project management software, they actually like it! I even use it outside of work.

Pros: ClickUp is great. It's clean, easy to use, and can be configured to work how you want it. Our company has become much better at planning and communicating work, thanks to a strong policy of 'everything goes in ClickUp. ClickUp isn't magic - you need processes and rules around using it for everyone to follow to make sure it'll work for you. For us, the rule is 'If work isn't in ClickUp, it doesn't exist.' Also, their integration with Slack is the best I've seen, and their shortcuts are awesome as well. As an engineer, I love the keyboard shortcuts! Last - their 'inbox/home' view is really useful and makes organizing my life easy.

Cons: You have to be strict about using ClickUp for it to work. Also, I think there could definitely be some more assistance getting set up and guidance towards policies that work. We went through a bit of internal debate about how to structure things, as it's different than our other task management software has been.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/17
Tyler S.
Director of Data & Outcomes
Philanthropy, 501-1 000 Employees

"Game Changer!"

Comments: This has changed everything for us. Especially during this time where we're all working remote, it's as if we're all still sitting next to eachother. We've used other systems in the past, such as Jira, but this outpaces all the others ten fold. Can't imagine ever going back!

Pros: Task management is FAST. There is no delay in loading, switching between tasks, updating tasks, etc. This makes productivity so much easier. We also all love how frequent ClickUp is adding new features, and expanding on its already great platform.

Cons: It would be nice if the premium features would be made available on the free trial, for smaller teams. We plan on going with the paid subscription in the future, once we add more people to our team, however right now, we're just not at that place, and the more advanced reporting capabilities would be nice to have while we use it and test it out.

Chas S.
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/05

"ClickUp helps EDIFY Background Screening stay one leg UP on the Competition"

Comments: Overall, this is an excellent application and does the foundational things we need where others fall short. Our employees love it and remark how it keeps us all informed so that multiple touch points with clients become seamless. Also, the checklists are great and help with projects that repeat on a weekly basis. We also like the fact that the Click-up folks send out regular updates and a listing of proposed features and enhancements and give an indication as to progress of work to add new stuff. Love it, and hope they keep the same philosophy of execution as they grow.

Pros: 1- Ability to see all outstanding projects & tasks in one place.
2- Ability to assign multiple people to a task.
3- Can create reoccurring checklists which is very helpful for new client signups where we have a specific set of steps we have to execute in sequence.
4- Reminders... Reminders... Reminders
5- Can "stage-gate" a project to at-a-glace know where we are in the process.
6- Tagging others in comments is a very cool feature to keep everyone that needs to know in the know.
7- Having the ability to assign a comment to a specific person and then that person can resolve the comment once addressed. (This is a great feature to handle one-offs that aren't quite tasks but important enough to make sure it gets addressed by the right person.)
8- Can set up an email filter to automatically send tasks to Click-up (although this has to be done thru a 3rd party at the moment which is a CON for me. I'd like to see this feature become direct.)
9- Ability to make projects private or share with specific people instead of the whole team.
10- Customer support has been outstanding and very responsive.

Cons: 1- Inability to send tasks directly to Click-up from a Gmail filter... (Right now have to use a 3rd party service but Click-up advises this is in the works.)
2- No Firefox app yet.
3- Sometimes notifications on the mobile app are confusing because when you click on one it opens the whole lists of projects and tasks and you have no idea which one the notification is associated with.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/05
Sarah M.
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/13

"Awesome App!"

Comments: Overall I think ClickUp is a great app and has been so easy to use and integrate into my business (I even use it for personal projects).

Pros: ClickUp is fairly easy and intuitive to use. The basics of creating a task work great and the things you can do within a task...recurrence, notes, subtasks, lists, chat and so much more. Not to mention ClickUp has updates every week adding functionality, fixing bugs, making things easier to use. I was able to use it immediately for tracking my workload and with additional features over just 6 months it has become part of my business processes by creating templates, docs, dashboards, goals, videos, etc. It's Amazing!

Cons: The biggest downside for me is the lack of a generalized chat for a space. I would love to add users so they could contact me/ask questions without going through email and without having to access a specific task. Sometimes it is nice to check on a client without it being task related.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/13
John C.
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/02

"Best project management platform i've used so far"

Comments: One of the best project management platforms i have tried so far, and I have tried a few: Jira, Trello, Monday, Teamwork, Asana, and so on...

Pros: Easy to use, easy to onboard multiple specialties onto, versatile enough to get almost everything I want done.

Cons: Not many cons. The team behind it constantly updates the software with new features and bug fixes. Sometimes, the app might become a bit slow, but a refresh / restart always gets it back to normal running status.

Michele B.
Tinkerer/IT
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/27

"The Perfect Tool To Organize Anything"

Comments: It has allowed me first, and then my colleagues to organize and manage some big projects with ease, and that alone is amazing. The fact that it is constantly updated with useful features and not just "bug fixes" makes it an always improving experience and the workflow gets better overtime.

Pros: I can scale it up to small projects, side projects and big projects effortlessly and easily with a few clicks. It has amazing integrations with mail and git so I can move tasks ahead as an afterthought.

Cons: Not sure there's anything I do not like.

Alex J.
marketer
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/27

"Excellent software for small businesses"

Comments: My overall experience is good with the software and I will continue to use it for as long as they will exist on the market

Pros: The interface is beautiful and the way the lists and boards work help me greatly in my business. Easily sharing tasks with the team makes the software even better.

Cons: I feel at times that the interface is overcrowded and more colour themes are needed

Megane D.
Lead Product
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/08

"ClickUp, perfect tool for startups"

Comments: We are now able to estimate and track time, which is very powerful to manage a software project!

Pros: It contains a lot of features that allows us to adjust the tool to different types of projects. The strength is the way we can customize and filter everything to adapt it to our work.

Cons: The notification aren't not very visible on the interface, it means some of my colleagues miss them sometimes.

Evangeline G.
Email Marketing Manager
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/18

"It's as simple and complex as you need it to be"

Comments: ClickUp is the best time management system I've come across. I prefer to use the browser app, as it allows me to open multiple tabs - very crucial for my workflow. The desktop app does not have this feature.

Pros: ClickUp is in my daily toolkit. I rely on it to tell me what I'm working on, what I need to work on next, and helps me to plan for the future. It provides many different ways to view tasks and subtasks. It's easy to turn sentences, reminders and notes into tasks. It integrates well with my workflow and helps me stay focused and efficient.

Cons: ClickUp has a lot of features. Some, I don't need, such as commenting and the activities feed. It would be nice to hide these sections from my page view. Currently, this is not possible, according to support.

Eric T.
Business Development Director
Professional Training & Coaching, 5 001-10 000 Employees

"Eric Turiaf review"

Comments: I use CU on my own. I would love that my company deploy CU.

Pros: So much great pros....
User Interface
Multiple views ( list, board, can’t)

Cons: No function in Inbox to re order tasks without an hour to reflect the priority of tasks ( drag and drop at the top the most important task ) and no real native integration with Miro software and Evernote.

Eoin G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/27

"Very Powerful Task Management System"

Comments: We use clickup to manage follow up and assign follow up tasks to our users. As an Admin I can see all the user's lists and add/edit and comment. We've been very happy with the frequency of updates and the amazing reporting functions.

Pros: It is easy to get lost in all the features. I love how easy it is to create a task, assign it to a team member, set a due date and check on the status and notes. It integrates with our Google Calendar to send reminders. I love the ability to add attachments, add subtasks and create different projects and "Spaces" There are so many more features then I will every use.

Cons: The learning curve can be a bit steep, but with some quick review on our personal office procedures, it is possible to learn the basics within a day and the advance features over months!

• Reviewed on 2020/07/27