• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,2 /5
    4,1 /5

About WorkforceNow

Save time and money and gain peace of mind with ADP Workforce Now, the cloud based HR suite that makes managing your workforce easier.

Learn more about WorkforceNow

Showing 5 049 reviews

Jessica B.
Customer Service Representative
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/30

"Simple features"

Comments: overall a good program and super user friendly. I've had people tell me they enjoy this more then the previous program we used.

Pros: easy to use features, end user friendly, creates easy recruitment, great outsourcing amazing appearance

Cons: customer service is a little lag and needs more features that's all the negative I've got on this one

• Reviewed on 2020/08/30
Shikha V.
HR Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/30

"ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions"

Comments: Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros: ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc.
This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service.
It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately.
The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application.
The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant’s file.

Cons: The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/30
Kathryn M.
HR/Payroll Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/16

"ADP Review"

Comments: I have been using ADP in my current role since July 2016, this is my first exposure to ADP. I am in charge of payroll and employee data within ADP. The application takes a little getting used to but I do find it fairly user friendly. I took advantage of the online courses right away and got certified in HR/Payroll/Time and Attenance early one. This really help get a better understanding of the system. One area I have struggled with is Performance Management, specifically getting reviews up and running in ADP. The process is a bit disjointed. For those of us with no "programming" background, it would be more user friendly to have this all be one process. The process of building approval paths should be part of setting up the performance management module. I also found the training on this particular topic to have the same disjointed feeling. You have to take the workflow training and the performance management training and the figure out how to merge the information to get the module up and running. This is definitely an area I see that could use some improvment. In order to really make this a comprehensive platform, it needs to be user friendly and this is the one area I have encountered that is not. I have seen ADP make several enhancements over the last 7 months, I am holding out hope that this will be coming soon. One other area of minor concern is customer support. There is inconsistency on how knowledgeable the customer service representatives are. When I call in I never know if I am going to get the person who knows exactly how to help me, or can ask the right questions to figure out the best course of action. Or, if I am going to get the representative who seems to be lacking the basic understanding of ADP and how to address customer questions. End users rely on the voice at the other end of the line being the expert. When the representatives knowledge seems to be less than the end users, confidence in the product can erode.

Pros: Most transactions are easy and intuative. The "one stop shopping" for HR/Payroll needs. Availability of online training. Updated payroll dashboard is very helpful.

Cons: Performance Management is cumbersome to set up. I find the message center clumsy.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/16
Kary W.
Business Support Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

"ADP Workforce Now"

Comments: The time to process payroll was tremendously reduced. The ACA measurement period piece helps you to identify who and when to offer benefits, And LOVE that you have a person assigned to company that you can directly contact for issues and support.

Pros: Easy of use., accuracy, development, customization, ACA Reporting, validating direct deposits.

Cons: Purged employees not being able to edit, Not being able to add local taxes without creating a new employee number or transferring them, and not having access to tax support- only being able to upload documents and wait for responses.

Assistant Photo Editor
Publishing, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/06

"ADP is a great tool for businesses"

Comments: Really happy overall.

Pros: ADP is a great tool for companies to use for their employees. Not only can you find all the important documents you need in one place, but you also get perks with ADP. Even if you leave a company ADP will still show you your pay stubs and tax info later on. Sometimes businesses add certain qualities to ADP, so be sure to make what you have on the platform clear. I have gotten many great perks and coupon codes from ADP for car rentals, movie tickets and outings.

Cons: Customer service is slow, if non existent. If you have an issue it is guaranteed to take you more then 48 hours to solve.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/06
Tonya S.
Sr Analyst, Accounting
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees

"Excellent Payroll Software"

Comments: The portability of this service makes it very convenient to take care of anything outside of the office as needed. Some of the latest updates have really improved the workflow of the software. Processing payroll, starting new cycles and manual checks have become more and more streamlined. New hires are also improved, the process is much more intuitive.

Pros: We have chosen the "withhold & submit" features with the payroll taxes, which eliminates the need for tracking and submission on our end. It works perfectly every time.

Cons: The PTO is not flawless as it should be. We provided our policies and had those setup in the beginning, but there always seems to be a different field or "trigger" that does not correctly calculate PTO. It will either award time to people who have not earned it or vice versa. I would like to see improvements here.

Patricia D.
Assistant Controller
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/25

"ADP WFN is a great piece of software, and ADP has wonderful customer service."

Comments: This software allowed us to incorporate T&A, payroll and benefits into one piece of software. This allows HR and payroll to work more seamlessly together. We generate less paperwork, because property supervisors now submit one report for payroll, instead of multiple pieces of paper showing hours, time off, etc.

Pros: This software is capable of handling all aspects of our payroll. The payroll GL interface works wonderfully and saves a lot of time each pay period. ADP's customer service is excellent. Customer service is able to rectify most issues with the first phone call.

Cons: The software is so expansive and we utilize several different modules. So some of the steps for processing payroll are not linear. This makes training a new user a challenge. Example, if an employee wants to be paid out 40 hrs of vacation. We have to add those hours to the paydata batch after pulling over time cards. It could be put in it's own batch as well. But then, we need to remember to change the time off balances in T&A manually. So the thing I like least about the software, is payroll is not an easy step-by-step process.

by ADP on 2017/07/25

Patricia -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product.I am glad you are discovering many of the software's unique features. I would be more than happy to connect you with the appropriate resources to help you with some of your issues. Please feel free to reach out: [email protected]

Larissa R.
Payroll Manager
Oil & Energy, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/27

"Robust always evolving system"

Comments: Paperless onboarding and electronic document storage make finding necessary documents for auditors a breeze and are very easy to setup. The work number helps cut down on the number of VOE's and they are constantly adding new things to their marketplace which integrate easily with ADP.

Pros: If you can dream it up ADP can do it and there will be frequent releases of improvements based on the feedback you provide!

Cons: Sometimes the system is glitchy when an improvement is about to be released

• Reviewed on 2019/08/27
Kathryn S.
CFO
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/27

"ADP is continually working on improving - happy with WorkForceNow!"

Pros: First - ADP is always making changes and improvements to their web-based software. (Also - the fact that it's web-based enables our managers to run payroll for their department even when not in the building.)
In the past few years we've been using ADP, the portal gets more and more user-friendly, with a clean large-buttoned home screen.
Their customer service is second-to-none; we rarely have an issue getting through to someone (occasional long hold times) and every representative we've spoken to has always been helpful and friendly. They also do a great job of updating their software to keep up with the latest in ACA rules and regulations as well.

Cons: We self-file our taxes, and each quarter we have to specifically request ADP provide certain reports. We would prefer the reports be automatically available either via their main portal or through the iReporting software.

by ADP on 2017/06/30

Kathryn - thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product and service. We appreciate your time and your business.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/27
Toni W.
CHRO
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/25

"Customer service is frustrating. If they need to get back to you, response time is terrible."

Comments: All in one HR/payroll package that can be easily access from anywhere. Robust features that handles all of our needs.

Pros: I like the features it offers. We have a complete HR/Payroll solution all in one. I like that I can access it from anywhere and don't have to count on a work server to deliver what I need. The time management product is superior.

Cons: It has issues transferring data from one module to another. Sometimes our benefits don't connect with our deductions and that causes large problems on our end. There are so many little check boxes in the background that we were not aware of and it has caused issues on the benefits end for us as well. I wish there was a way for us to know all the little neuances before they cause us problems. Our Controller does not like that the gl interface does not give her details.

by ADP on 2017/07/25

Toni -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry to hear about your underwhelming experience with service, and would be more than happy to connect with you about this. Please feel free to reach out: [email protected]

Caryn A.
Controller
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees

"WorkforceNow Review"

Comments: My position as controller is a little hectic, and I just don't have to worry about payroll or payroll taxes at all anymore. WorkforceNow has really relieved a lot of stress for me.

Pros: The Time & Attendance, Time Off features are very helpful, and the Self Service Open Enrollment function for Benefits has completely updated our previously manual system. I love that we can deliver required documents to employees through WorkforceNow. The Bridge has also been a huge help when I just have a quick question.

Cons: I've been working with WorkforceNow for several years, and it has taken me a while to get comfortable with all the features. I know that we are not using everything that is available to us, and it's only because I don't have the time available to learn more about it. But I know that eventually we'll get there.
Also, I'd like to see more options/functionality with the portal configuration. It's such a great feature, but it's a little hard to work with when adding images.

Kathy K.
VP/Payroll & Benefit Manager
Financial Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"Review for WorkforceNow"

Comments: Overall my experience has been positive and the payroll processing is always accurate.

Pros: Being able to keep all employment, payroll and benefit information in one software. Also being able to create and run reports using any of this data.

Cons: What I like least is how often updates/upgrades are done that aren't communicated well in advance of them occurring and not being tested well enough to know what other issues the updates/upgrades cause. We just get a process in place that runs smoothly and an update/upgrade breaks something in that process or adds another step or even steps to the process. Another thing that I like least about the software is because it is internet based if connectivity isn't the best changes and processes can take considerably longer to do. Even if I am using the software to look up things or even trying to make a change I will be timed out and have to log back in and start over. I realize this may be for security but it is still irritating.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Vice President, HR Operations and Insights Manager
Banking, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/23

"A Versatile Solution, With Opportunity to Improve"

Pros: Out of the box, this product meets most business needs, including HR, Payroll, and Time & Attendance. Additionally, with add on modules available for purchase, such as Performance, Recruiting, and Compensation, you can tailor the solution to meet your specific needs. Finally, if you need additional products or functionality that WFN cannot provide in its native environment, you can purchase API connections with a host of third party software on ADP's Marketplace. There are a lot of integration opportunities and pulling data out of/into ADP is simple.

Cons: The products that come with WFN are pretty basic, and not scalable to a larger, more complex organization. The service team, while making some improvements lately, appear disorganized and are not always knowledgeable about the product or how to troubleshoot issues. When software releases are rolled out, they are often buggy or have glitches, and sometimes undo prior functionality.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/23
Taraiya D.
Senior Payroll Generalist
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/30

"Great payroll platform, easy employee access"

Comments: I add new hires, policy assignments, monitor and adjust time off when necessary, work under utilities doing imports of hours, and use the reporting function daily.

Pros: I like that ADP continuously works to update the system and keep us up to date on current changes in tax laws. I also like the ease of using the reporting feature to build, edit reports you your own specification is great. I also like the standard Batch of PR reports that’s provided. The ADP training materials are also spot on as well as the payroll representative the response time to solving an issue or follow up has been great. Our rep seems to be well versed across ADP and always helps us correct an issue and provide guidance when are faced with having to implement new policy changes, etc

Cons: The only thing I don’t like is not being able to correct a note when making adjustments within time off , you will have to make a new adjustment to correct the error.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/30
Leslie M.
Coordinator, Human Resources and Volunteer Services
Museums & Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/15

"ADP WorkforceNow...Succinct and Easy to Operate!"

Comments: We realize the many options for web design and have made our company home page the "one stop shop" for information and resources.

Pros: Reporting functions are diverse and many options to allow multiple features. Timekeeping and time off are easily accessible!

Cons: A specific POC would be helpful for a business account, but the Bridge is a helpful resource, and there is prompt follow-up to email inquiries and troubleshooting.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/15
Moises H.
Accountant
Accounting, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/08

"The easy way to make your payroll, we have over 3 year using adp as our payroll provider and we love"

Comments: On the past few years we are growing a lot, that been said, the time that we make a over 1200 employees payroll is amaizing, all the reports that are available is great, also comparing the price with other similar you will apreciate your actual quote.

Pros: The way it comunicate with our POS system (is where we have the timer for our employees), also the ability to download all the info, and the customer support are very profesional, they help us to make a weekly report so we upload all the resume with our accounting soffwarr, amaizing

Cons: We have a minor problem, most of the problem was a bad comunication about how to terminate a employee, so for a few months we where overpay adp because we never terminate our employees the way should bee, but at the end ADP make us a credit so we get our money back, nice to have someone on your sitr

by ADP on 2017/10/09

Hi Moises -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN platform. I am glad the system makes it easy for you to process payroll. We appreciate your time, business and loyalty to ADP!

• Reviewed on 2017/10/08
Annette M.
Escrow Accounting Assistant
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/26

"Accessibility is on point"

Comments: Viewing pay-stubs and time cards at ease and being able to view all of my benefits in one place

Pros: I love that ADP has an app where I can check my statements and download them from my smart phone or desktop computer. Viewing my current timecard on the desktop is simple and easy. I am able to check past timecards for discrepancies. Requesting time off is a snap. Once time request has been submitted, I get an email to show that my request had been sent to the admin. Once the admin has approved the time off, I get an email confirming this. Within the Calendar, I am able to see upcoming time off that I've requested which makes it easy for me to keep track. I can also access my 401k plan via ADP online and make changes if necessary or request a loan. Pretty much anything you ever need to go to the HR department for, can be done literally at your fingertips via desktop or smart phone

Cons: I do not have any cons. There is nothing bad I can say about this application. All of its functionality is something that I appreciate and use regularly.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/26
Michael S.
Customer Relations Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/05

"Very Easy to Use and Navigate."

Comments: I enjoy accessibility I have to my PTO, health insurance benefits and my payroll information that this program offers. I use it on a daily basis.

Pros: This software makes scheduling days off in advance very easy. It also calculates the amount of Vacation and Sick time you will have at the time of scheduling. I like to know how much sick/vacation time I have accumulated when I plans days off months in advance. It is every easy to change banks accounts for direct deposits as well. You can easily look up your health insurance coverage and what you are enrolled in for the year as well.

Cons: We have to do performance reviews yearly at our organization. The overall platform for the Performance Reviews can be a little confusing to complete. You may need assistance from a direct supervisor depending on the performance review questions.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/05
Michaelia T.
Demand Generation Coordinator
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/12

"ADP is a great system to work in both as an administrator and as a user."

Comments: ADP benefited our company as we grew and continued to acquire new companies in a short period of time. The ability to load new employees through Excel import was great and the custom reporting has been a life saver as well.

Pros: I LOVED their customer support. Calling into the center was always easy and the representatives always took their time in helping me figure out what I needed to do (usually some type of report). The system is easy to use and understand quickly. The ability to customize the system was also a great feature.

Cons: Though customization is great, it can be a blocker when you do not have an ADP "guru", of sorts, on the team to help figure out and own how your ADP instance flows. As an organization, we struggled with that.

by ADP on 2018/01/03

Michaelia -

Thank you for reviewing our WFN system. I am glad our platform is easy for you to use and navigate. Also, thank you for shouting out our amazing customer support teams!

• Reviewed on 2017/12/12
Shaida V.
HRIS administrator
Medical Practice, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/11

"ADP review"

Comments: the product is good but the support is not there. it was a struggle to get contacts for specific types of issues. without a direct contact, cases fall through the cracks and have nowhere to be escalated to. Also, provide more simulations and demos for updated products - i have found those to be very helpful but lacking on certain topics.

Pros: lots of features and capabilities. Implementation team is good. Emily Brown with etime is amazing.

Cons: customer support is lacking. very hard to get direct contacts for more difficult cases, escalation time takes too long, service center often provides incorrect information that is contradicted by other specialists when contacting the service center again.

by Anthony on 2017/08/21

Hi Shaida –

Thank you for taking the time to review our Workforce Now product. I apologize that you have had a less than stellar experience with our customer support so far; however, we are making changes to our support system that will reduce your wait times and provide quicker answers.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/11
Abbe P.
HR Generalist
Wholesale, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/19

"Expensive but user friendly"

Comments: Great system if you have a lot of non-administrators using the product.

Pros: Easy to implement with managers and intuitive

Cons: There is lag when loading each screen. It was difficult to find a customer service rep who were knowledgeable enough with the software to help you.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/19
Dixon P.
Senior Financial Analyst
Environmental Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/14

"ADP Workforce Now Review"

Comments: Overall a good experience. When I came into my roll, it took around 25 hours to process one payroll and we produced about 500 pages while doing so. After implementing ADP's software and familiarizing myself with the process, payroll now only takes around 10 hours and is 100% paper free! As someone who works for a small firm with my main duties fall outside of payroll, the ability to quickly and accurately process our payrolls has been a massive improvement for our company.

Pros: One platform for all payroll related items - HR, Onboarding, Payroll, Benefits, Employee Organization. Ability to export to different file types is also top-notch.

Cons: Effective dating can be a bit counterintuitive. For example, an new employee elects benefits to begin on the first of May. However, if the first payday in May encompasses a time / earnings from only the previous month, the medical deduction would be absent.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/14
Radka D.
Finance & HR Manager
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/29

"Correct set up during implementation is crucial"

Comments: Definitely great option but there are still things to improve.

Pros: Easy to use and saves time but everything needs to be set up correctly during implementation to avoid overhead in the future. Also I would appreciate if short training or tutorials on various issues is available.

Cons: Not always flexible and I would appreciate easier way to move employees between states.

Benefits/Compensation/HRIS Manager
Sporting Goods, 51-200 Employees

"WorkforceNow User"

Comments: We upgraded from version 2 to 14 last year and I have been able to completely automate many paper functions. This year we were able to do open enrollment electronically which saved time and money. With remote employees it has made it easier for them to access what they need because we can house it on the home page.

Pros: For the most part the software is pretty intuitive if you have ever been an HRIS administrator. I was able to pretty seamlessly move into a new position never having used ADP and picked up WorkforceNow fairly quickly.

Cons: The CONS are the latest round of upgrades seem to be happening without full testing at times and when I call customer support to report issues it doesn't seem as though the staff are even aware of the new functionality of certain things. At times the people have talked down to me which was not appreciated at all.