ShipStation Reviews

by Shipstation

Filter by:

• Overall

About ShipStation

Shipping & order web app connected to 150+ carriers, marketplaces/shopping carts & more. Automate tasks & batch print labels with ease.

Learn more about ShipStation

Todd C.
Parts Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/03

"Daily Shipments"

Comments: If you ship packages more than 3 days per week, ShipStation is your best option out there. Connect it to your UPS, FedEx, or any other major parcel carrier and your shipping troubles are over. Creating shipments, printing labels, tracking and even business reporting are all in one program. Simple to use. Thank you ShipStation!

Pros: ShipStation integrates seamlessly into our retail website's control panel. It imports and exports all of the orders, shipments, tracking and business measurements into one easy dashboard.

Cons: I can't think if any at this time. Flawless for us so far.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/03
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/31

"We've tried them all, and are sticking with Shipstation"

Pros: We've been involved in ecommerce for 20 years, and have tried *all* the ship programs. Shipstation is program we recommend to most people, and the one we've been using for the past 4+ years. The entry level subscription quickly pays for itself with their access to discounted USPS rates, free tracking on many shipments, and easy side-by-side rate comparisons. And if you're an eBay or Amazon seller, this is the best and easiest.

Cons: No program is a perfect fit for everyone. The mobile app is rubbish on Android, can't create batches, can't print, can't email a PDF. So basically you can confirm orders one at a time and just leave them there until you can log in with a PC. But they have a dedicated development team, I suspect it will improve over time. Also, creating manual orders is straightforward, but a bit cumbersome. They do a great job integrating with eBay, Amazon, Woo Commerce ... but not things like Wix and Shopify (unless you have the Plus account). Again, their team is pretty responsive, so I wouldn't be surprised to see integration of these (and more) in the near future. And a few little bugs on the site (the site freezes frequently on us, we have to log out and log back in). But we don't hesitate giving Shipstation a solid thumbs up.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/31
Samantha P.
Samantha P.
  • Reviewed on 2016/06/06

"Great Solution for a Growing Business"

Comments: A year ago my partner and I started our ecommerce business, and a couple months ago we decided it was time to invest a system to help us automate shipping. ShipStation came recommended from another business we knew, so we used the one-month free trial to give it a try. Within a week or so of getting familiar with the interface, we knew ShipStation was a great fit for us. We were especially happy to see the entry-level tier option of $9/month, which was by far the best value we found among comparable platforms. We also love the inventory management aspect of ShipStation, which we didn't even realize was included at first! The amount of time and energy saved daily by not having to hand write labels, stop at the post office, and manually update inventory is fantastic, especially as those precious hours can be much better spent elsewhere.

Pros: -- Once you've overcome the slight learning curve (stated as a con below), the layout feels very natural and easy to navigate. Hovering beacons help provide tips throughout each screen.
-- Functionality. ShipStation is an incredibly robust platform with tons of aspects to it: multiple sales channels, customization, inventory management, shipping and tracking, customer logs, reporting, the features go on and on.
-- Love the handy calculator tool right on the main screen, which allows you to quickly calculate postage for any type of shipment.
-- Many tools to automate functions and make your work quicker and easier (e.g., setting up filters, rules, and batch actions).
-- Integrates with many, many, many other apps and tools.
-- Save money by using the discounted pricing you receive on postage through ShipStation.
-- Very thorough helpful articles in the Support Center. They also have a forum where you can submit suggestions and feature requests.

Cons: -- Interface is overwhelming at first. Would have loved to receive a short and sweet video introducing me to the main features and organization. The video I did receive upon signing up for the free trial was more of a marketing-focused pitch video, which served no purpose as I was already invested and ready to explore ShipStation.
-- The $9/month tier exists, but not readily available as an option when you’re ready to upgrade from your free trial. I had to submit a request via Live Chat to have this option provided. The lack of transparency was a bit disappointing after everything else felt so customer-oriented.

• Reviewed on 2016/06/06
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/23

"EXTREMELY EASY TO USE! and much more!"

Pros: Shipstation is extremely easy to use. It also has better pricing for postage than USPS itself! It even has more applications than I ever dreamed of! You can have your brand name on your postage (or anything you'd like), it also allows you to: send your customers an email -AND- choose WHEN to have it sent; like so, I learned you can have shipping tracking/delivery confirmation sent to your customer; when it is mailed (scanned at post office - and on it's way), or even sent at the moment you print it out! You can add other venue's that you sell from, integrate the sales from them & print your shipping label right from Shipstation! SO MUCH MORE, that I am still learning I can do! SHIPSTATION IS A WONDERFUL APP IN MORE WAYS THAN I CAN COUNT! ... AND IN MORE WAYS I'VE YET TO LEARN! EXCITING -AND- SIMPLY PUT - IT IS SO EASY TO USE! I'll never go back to printing shipping labels from my on-line account with USPS directly, they do NOT have all the capabilities & extra's that shipstation offers! ONLY SHIPSTATION FOR ME!

Cons: The only 'con' for me is because I don't have enough customers to warrant the monthly charge. A smaller fee for people like me (who -in a way- are paying more for postage when you add on the monthly fee with the postage). That would help me, or people like me, who can barely afford even the lowest per month for 50 postages per month because I am only printing up to 10 per entire month. It's great for bigger business' tho!

• Reviewed on 2018/02/23
Mike S.
Mike S.
Ecommerce
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/17

"Why use anything else?"

Comments: Absolutely amazing. It is so easy to use that I was able to easily integrate it across three warehouses plus our corporate headquarters. I had 20 different ecommerce sites across several platforms including Woocommerce, Magento 1, Shopify, Prestashop, Open Cart, Ebay and Amazon Merchant fulfilled. Setting up rules to automate our business was so simple. I can automatically have orders go to the correct warehouses based on rules by skus. We were easily able to customize marketing material for each store on invoices and shipping labels. Love you shipstation.

Pros: Besides everything? The thing I loved the MOST would be how fantastically easily it was to get up and running and integrated with every platform. I looked like a real genius. But it wasn't me, it was the simplicity of the system. Its that easy.

Cons: They had an inventory management portion of the software that I didn't quite understand how to utilize it.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/17
Senior Director of Ecommerce
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/21

"Made My Order Fulfillment Team More Efficient"

Comments: Our warehouse was 100% manual and we were shipping nearly 3000 packages a month. And with Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming, we were at risk of a huge bottleneck in our process. Shipstation automated some time-consuming processes for our warehouse staff, and made them more productive and actually HAPPIER at work because they were no longer doing the tedious stuff, and could focus more on picking and packing and getting orders out the door. We had an amazing holiday season and I give credit to Shipstation for helping us reach our sales goals.

Pros: Easy to learn, we were able to teach our warehouse staff to use it in a day. It made their lives SO much easier. The shipping label auto creation was a gamechanger for us.

Cons: Does not have a barcode scan validator. We needed to make sure that our staff were being alerted when they attempted to pack the wrong product. Shipstation does not have this, so we had to use a separate software for this function.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/21
Nichole P.
Nichole P.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/27

"Perfect all in one ship solution"

Pros: With shipstation you have the ability to print packing slips and shipping labels at the same time. I like that they allow custom branding on emails and all printed items that go with the package. If you use a platform like shopify, they allow you sync orders plus any other sales channels like amazon. There is a small discount on shipping rates from all the main carriers (fedex, Usps, and ups) and the ability to create return labels for the same packages you’ve shipped. Shipstation has everything you need to streamline the shipping process and is great for small businesses.

Cons: I’ve noticed shipstation creates multiple customer accounts for the same customer if that customer purchased from different sales channels so it’s not that intuitive when it comes to customer identification.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/27
Justin P.
Justin P.
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"Best application we use by far."

Pros: -Ties in all of our selling channels to one central location for information.
-Cloud based with easy to use app, let's us work from anywhere.
-Great customer service and support.
-Automation options steam lines our workflow and saves us a ton of time.

Cons: -I wish there was part based bar code confirmation scanning.
-It would also be awesome, if you could tie inventory levels to all of your selling channels so that they would auto update.
All that being said, these are just wish list items that can be accomplished with 3rd party integrations, and are not meant to take away from what is truly an amazing application for any business shipping product.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/02
Jaron H.
Jaron H.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/10

"Saves a ton of time"

Pros: I had an ecommerce website and I connected ShipStation to my shopify website. This made it quite easy because I no longer had to visit my shopify website to fulfill orders. Instead, I could go to ShipStation and refresh my list of orders. From there, I could print labels directly and fulfill my orders. Previously, I used to go to the USPS store and stand in line to pay for an order. Now, I was able to print my labels and just drop them off without the line. Yes, I can also just print labels directly from USPS's website, but then I have to manually enter all the shipping details and contact info. This way made it easier. If it was more expensive, I proably would stick with USPS's label printing site, but at this price it was worth it.

Cons: It take some getting used to... It can be pretty complicated and it has a lot of features. I did have issues with getting my shipstation account to communicate with my Dymo printer. The ShipStation desktop app was pretty finnicky and often had issues. I had to delete and redownload the app a few times during my time using ShipStation.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/10
Chief Operating Officer
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/12

"Shipstation makes life easier"

Comments: Saves time, saves money, since time is money! It really has made my life so much easier. It saves hours a day.

Pros: Having a place to aggregate all of your orders in one place is great. I love the automation rules that you can apply which automatically applies the correct shipping parameters per your specifications. The fact that you can enter all of your shipping information and print off packing lists along with your shipping labels is just great.

Cons: I do wish there was a little more control over the automation, since sometimes items get tagged wrong and I have to go in and manually change shipments. I also wish the labels printed a little sharper. I know that my printer can print sharper, but the labels are a bit pixelated. Not a deal breaker in any way, though.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/12
Gabriel A.
Gabriel A.
President/CEO
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/05

"Shipstation rocks!"

Pros: This has HUGELY SUPER BIG TIME improved our shipping process. We now can easily make shipping labels, print on our Zebra thermal printer, and instantly make return labels. We can track where everything is at (outgoing, returns, etc) quickly. I am genuinely in love with ShipStation. They've done a really great job.

Cons: Sometimes it's a bit slow to load. Also, sometimes FedEx rates do not load but I think that may be a FedEx API issue and not related to ship station. Other than that, I really cannot think of any downsides as it's really a top notch shipping management service.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/05
Greg U.
Finance Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/05

"ShipStation is a pretty solid option if you handle fulfillment in-house"

Comments: For the price, it's a very useful tool that can adequately manage a small business's fulfillment processes.

Pros: ShipStation is affordable and pretty easy to use. It has many smart features including the ability to combine multiple orders into one shipment, and easily-generated return labels.

Cons: ShipStation's communication with Shopify is a one-way street - the order is placed in Shopify and then it gets transferred to ShipStation. It's clear that ShipStation would be more useful if it was a true integration with Shopify.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/05
Adith K.
System Administrator
Financial Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/05

"A time-saving label printing application that also helps retailers in managing their Shipping requirements."

Pros: You can effectively organize and manage shipping and service from your e-commerce websites. Presence of a powerful feature to identify return customers. The search customer feature where you can search four to field details of a customer is very robust as it reduces a lot of time. A huge volume of orders is processed with higher fulfillment times. Highly responsive customer service. Automated client communications, integrating emails, messages, and chats. A rugged inventory tracking system, they, in fact, have a lot of templates you can work on.

Cons: The user interface gets quite slow at situations. You cant just edit the created orders, you have to take up an additional effort to delete and create another one. The address confirmation feature could be made better. The absence of the desktop version of the software

• Reviewed on 2018/07/05
Nkonye O.
Cosmetics, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/13

"Excellent software"

Comments: It has been very good. It is perfect for a one-person business like myself and it removes a lot of manual work for me. I love it!

Pros: It automates all the processed form ordering, to inventory management to shipping. It is very user friendly and allows for the customisation of your communications to your client. It also allows you to manage your orders from several online payment systems. I have made an order through the system, bulk uploaded my products and customers and that way the system links the customer to the order and updates the inventory once the order is shipped. It provides the ability to print of all your shipping labels, branded with your company logo. As a Software Developer, I am impressed!

Cons: It is hard to dislike it, but the UI could do with a tidy up. I understand the "functionality first" approach to software development.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/13
Christopher l. P.
Christopher l. P.
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/30

"After all the head aches..."

Pros: My fiance and I started a small fine art company. One of our biggest hurdles was finding the appropriate shipping interface that met our needs. Ship station did just that. Their Rate Calculator gives you an overview of all the possible rates you can pay for a specific package. Their customization options are phenomenal, ranging from modifying shipping labels with or without logos, thank you message, packing slips, order summaries, and client notification templates that provide all the information the client needs regarding their package are all what makes shipstation amazing. There are too many to name! Also, their customer service was super helpful for whatever our needs were. They were always quick about finding solutions to problems, most importantly, our customer service rep treated us like people and not just an account number. ShipStation meets all our needs and continues to excel our expectations! We highly recommend this company. Additionally, their set was a breeze and had no problems finding a compatible label printer. Amazing. It's totallly worth it's price.

Cons: There aren't many that we can think of. However, any of the issues that we did bump into were quickly resolved by our rep. One thing I can think of that does arise often is printer settings. It seems that ShipStation Connect (which enables your printers to be used with this web browser interface) tends to glitch often. Nothing a quick little restart won't solve.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/30
Courtney M.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/15

"LOVE this software, made our day to day work go so much smoother."

Pros: Every marketplace shows up all on the same page. Ebay, our website, etsy, everything all in one area and easy to see, you can make notes for each order, set tags for specific shipping types or people.

Cons: Glitches every once in awhile and doesn't speak back to our marketplace and mark an order as shipped. Or when we have to void a shipping label, and issue a new one, it doesn't update it in our marketplace for the customer to see their new and correct tracking information.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/15
Kristina J.
Kristina J.
JRSC Express Manager
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/04

"ShipStation"

Comments: Shipstation has allowed my company to place all the orders for the multiple stores that we ship for in one secure, and well organized location. We can search orders through how they are to be shipped, or through what company they are through. When you are shipping out something, the process is very easy and saves a lot of time.

Pros: It is an easy way to combine a bunch of different order sites into one place. It is very well laid out, and very easy to use. Shipping has never been easier.

Cons: I have just had a few problems sometimes where the system would fail to update. Usually it is an easy fix and then work great again after.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/04
Kristi S.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/16

"Great software! Definitely useful for any online retailer."

Comments: The benefits are endless and also very customizable. Know that you should spend the time to get to know the software before getting discouraged. Overall, Shipstation is great and helps ease the initial difficulties with running any business.

Pros: The features of shipstation cannot be matched by any other software on the market. Shipstation syncs seamlessly with various online platforms (shopify, etc.) and contains all of the data you need to successfully run and scale a business.

Cons: The sorting and filtering in shipstation is pretty difficult if you don't spend the time to learn the software. If you are a novice, I recommend using their customer service team to guide you through necessary data sorting, etc. Importing and exporting data could be a little confusing for the first time user.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/16
Facilities Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/04

"I cannot say enough good about ShipStation!"

Pros: I absolutely love ShipStation and how easy it is to implement. It took hours out of our normal packing and shipping day!

Cons: The only thing I can say that is negative about ShipStation is that we have found every now and then a process will glitch out and we will have to re-institute it, but Customer Service was always there for us and able to help us get everything working smoothly again very quickly!

• Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Product Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/10

"Excellent service for those shipping orders from multiple channels"

Comments: This software helps make our shipping process simple. It also helps us to save money on shipping by allowing us access to high volume USPS shipping rates. It rocks

Pros: Seamless integrations into all of the major 3P selling channels that allows for easy order fulfillment and label printing from one location

Cons: ShipStation has gone down at a few crucial times during business hours and the support is very vague regarding fixes

• Reviewed on 2018/06/10
Jami S.
CFO
Public Safety, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Great program"

Comments: Good. We have been using it for years now with no issues

Pros: If you ship from your location, this program will help a ton. You can log into your accounts already set up with Fed Ex, UPS, etc to find the best rates.

Cons: Not really a con--but you do need to purchase the machine that prints out the shipping labels--it is available at Amazon.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/24
Kim D.
Kim D.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/01

"Still learning but we love the ease and the savings."

Pros: We were using UPS however over the holiday they started running slow and we saw this as an option. After shipping over 1000+ individual packages on multiple platforms we had less than 1% missed delivery or late delivery. The postal service really did a great job and this tool really helped us keep everything streamlined. This is relatively intuitive and was easy to install. The savings are wonderful as is the ability to gain specific information relative to each customer, tracking number and so forth. It makes it a real time and money saver. We are now able to pass that along to our customers.

Cons: Sometimes the address checker shows the address as wrong even though it isn't. Also when using a thermal printer it has a tendency to drop off and needs to be reloaded. I wish we could print a summary for the Post Office the way you can on Stamps.com - that would make things much quicker and easier when we have to drop off packages. It may be possible, as of our usage 60 days in, we haven't found it yet.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/01
Roxy P.
manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/29

"Very user friendly, highly recommended for all skill types."

Comments: on stop shipping

Pros: I like that is is easy to use, very user friendly.
We have a couple guys who are not too technically savvy, they use shipstation with zero issues.
This syncs nicely with eCommerce platforms, like ebay, etsy, amazon, shopify, ect, and ect.
Great if you are manually inputting this type of info! Return labels process is a breeze.
Easy to search shipments. Ship station also populates data , such as how much you have charged for shipping vs how much you have spent on shipping.
Overall been a great system we use.

Cons: Um the only con that comes to mind is return shipping labels for international shipping are not available.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/29
Jared J.
Jared J.
Technical Support Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/15

"Brilliant app that saves time for ecommerce clients."

Comments: It makes the fulfillment/shipping process almost fun! You can also get discounts on rates from FedEx and Stamps.com, and get a free stamps account for signing up, so it almost pays for itself!

Pros: It's a fantastic way for you to consolidate shopping carts into one app to streamline the shipping process. Orders import automatically, and you can make bulk shipping labels for all your orders in a few clicks, and print them, automatically as well. Works with all major shopping carts/marketplaces.

Cons: It currently is more focused on orders, and not items, so it can be difficult to get custom items to show properly, making a couple of extra steps to fulfill some orders. Still saves an incredible amount of time for most orders.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/15
Regina B.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/25

"Both Time & Money Saving"

Pros: The program is fairly easy to use, the cost per package is lower than what i was paying using usps.com. I can see where my package is in the shipping process and confirm receipt. It helps me provide better feed back to the customer and gives me more control over my first class passengers than I had before. It takes me FAR less time to process orders than it did previously, which i really love.

Cons: Some parts of the program are not entirely intuitive and I've had to call customer support to help me figure things out. I would think the more packages you ship, the lower your monthly charges would be rather than the reserve.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/25