ShipStation Reviews

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5

About ShipStation

Shipping & order web app connected to 150+ carriers, marketplaces/shopping carts & more. Automate tasks & batch print labels with ease.

Learn more about ShipStation

Ronald C.
Arts & Crafts, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/23

"Shipstation Changed My Life"

Comments: We started with shipstation when our small online shop was shipping well under 100 items a month. I'd tried a few other softwares, and none of them compared. Now, our business has grown many, many times over, and shipstation has scaled with us without a hitch. It's incredibly easy to use, integrates wonderfully with our online storefront, ebay, etc... I've recommended it to many, many people over the years, and I really can't imagine running my business without it!

Pros: Ease of use and feature richness. We had tried a couple of other shipping systems for our online shop, and none were as intuitive and user friendly as Shipstation. We were able to get up and running very quickly when we first started, and now, many years later, I've learned much of the the deep functionality that lays beneath the simple surface.

Cons: I had to think a while, but I do with the dashboard reporting was a bit clearer and easier to read. There are a couple of widgets on there that I have still to figure out quite how to read.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/23
Bryan C.
Operation Coodinater
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/08

"Shipstation is great software for the price, but it has its limitations"

Comments: Shipstation is great, but as you scale out your business you will most likely need to move to a more robust WMS. For many start up companies that do not have a lot of inventory or a high volume of SKU's, Shipstation will provide a powerful tool that can help speed up fulfillment and release many of the frustration of shipping product while not costing you huge amounts of money.

Pros: Shipstation is great for companies that are looking for a label printing solution for there shopping carts. Shipstation is able to handle high volumes of orders and allows for labels to be pre-printed, which can greatly increase the fulfillment time. There are pretty good filtering options that can lead to more efficiencies when printing that can save time with your fulfillment team. Shipstation integrates with many different platforms fairly seamlessly, which allows for more diversity in the ever growing number of platforms that are out there. They are also constantly adding new platforms that can integrated with. I think the fact that this software is user friendly and efficient in its design makes this software a worthwhile investment for those that need a better shipping solution.

Cons: The issues that we have run into with this software as we have scaled to processing over 3000 shipments a day are too many holes which can cause many opportunities for errors, processing speeds, and lack of flexibility. When you are processing up to 3000 orders a day problems flesh themselves out quickly. One issue that has arisen is the inability to hold people accountable when errors occur. For example, since the labels are pre-printed there is not a simple to way to know who misshiped an order when it is sent incorrectly to a customer. On top of that, since the labels are pre-print there is no way to verify through software on the outbound that a shipment is correct. You have to trust that your team is packing order correctly, which is guaranteed to cause problems regardless. There is also the possibility that labels can be double printed or not printed at all since labels are processed and then a PDF is created to print orders. This has been costly for us an multiple occasions, which is hardly preventable no matter who you have printing. Due to the fact that Shipstation is cloud based this can cause issues with processing speeds. We have seen hang ups (especially on Mondays) that cause the whole team to be slowed down due. The other issue with cloud based system is the lack of flexibility for Shipstation to be customized to how you would like it. If changes are made they have to be made globally, which can take a while or just simply cannot happen altogether.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/08
Ecommerce Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/29

"Shipstation Makes Multi Channel Shipping Insanely easy"

Comments: I love it. I love that it offers to combine orders from the some customer together, I love that I can create global rules for each platform. I love that it integrates with every platform and you don't need to worry about having any kind of issue there. It works with special shipping options like seller fulfilled prime. Really could not be happier.

Pros: Integration is a cinch. YOu really need next to no technical knowledge to set this up on most platforms. Once you create all the rules anyone and I mean anyone can just come in and fulfill all your orders.

Cons: Honestly, I would say that I wish it was free but it is as I like to say WEP - Worth Every Penny, and it doesn't really cost very much.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/29
Emily E.
Merchandise Manager
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Shipstation is a must have for those who ship a lot!"

Comments: Shipstation is wonderful. Their customer support is great, anytime I've had an issue, they've gotten back to me right away and solved it.

Pros: I love that it can connect right to my Bigcartel site. All I have to do is refresh, and all of my orders are there waiting to be shipped. Shipstation makes it incredibly easy to weigh, input package info, and ship packages. It comes in handy, especially during the holidays when all of the post offices are crazy busy with holiday shipping. I can just print my labels, and throw them in a blue mailbox!

Cons: There are a few minor things I would change (like uploading item info, and keeping weight of the items standard). In the grand scheme of things, though, there is nothing at all I don't like about this software. I honestly think it's perfect.

Scotty H.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"ShipStation is essential for small business"

Comments: ShipStation has been a great improvement over what I was using before. It's just as clean and easy to use, but also provides a lot of physical efficiencies for my business.

Pros: What I like most is the ability to print directly onto adhesive labels. It sounds like a small thing, but having to print out labels on a paper, and then cut/fold them, and then place into a label sleeve takes a lot of time and effort when packaging a large number of orders. ShipStation allows me to print and stick in one easy step.

Cons: What I like least is because it is not affiliated with an official carrier service (FedEx, USPS, etc) I have to actually go and drop off the packages. A carrier will not come to my business to pick it up.

Matthew J.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/12

"With ShipStation, I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience"

Pros: • I was assigned a specific person as my customer service representative, and when I called with an issue, one of the customer rep picked up the phone and answered my question on the spot; meaning, I didn't have to dial a ton of menu options or wait on hold at all to speak with a person. She is also very responsive to emails. We tend to look at websites and applications as faceless businesses, but with ShipStation I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience. • Integrates seamlessly with Squarespace Commerce account • Automatically marks order fulfilled when a shipping label is printed • Connects to printer easier than Stamps.com

Cons: • Have to load balances instead of paying for what you use as you go. I encountered this with Stamps.com as well, but it is annoying because I have to make cash flow considerations when all I need is a few extra dollars to print a label. • Cannot edit manual orders, need to delete and re-create an order if changing quantity or amount of a product. • I "chose" ShipStation because it was the only shipping option that would integrate with Squarespace. Most of my issues were encountered while trying to transition from Stamps.com to become familiar with the new platform. Though very similar, ShipStation INITIALLY felt like a clunkier, gaudier version of the same thing. Thankfully, they've recently made some positive design changes. However, there are still some quirky user interface aspects, including:
— animated "help/info" bubbles (which I just figured out how to hide).
— In Stamps.com, I was able to see if my thermal printer was connected (or visible to the website) before clicking "print" — which, when I click, charges the postage to my account regardless if the label actually printed. In ShipStation, I have to click "print" without knowing if the website is able to send the job to the printer. This has resulted in additional postage billed to my account because I clicked "print." I then have to wait for that amount to be refunded in my account. Though I should add, I rarely have printer connection issues with ShipStation, whereas it used to be the bane of my Stamps.com experience.
— Stamps.com also made it easy to see all the USPS shipping options and rates at a glance, while viewing an order. In ShipStation, I either have to select a service, then an option from within that service or open up a separate rate calculator. This makes it harder to find the lowest shipping fee/service or fastest method for its value when modifying individual orders.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/12
Nick J.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/09

"Making Life Easy"

Comments: We are very happy with the software we just wish the integration with Lightspeed POS was a little better.

Pros: We have two small retail stores with most of our owners and employees' time dedicated to servicing those in-store customers and providing great experiences for everyone who walks through the door. Shipstation allowed us to open up our online store and divert minimal time to fulfilling the rush of orders we received from our website. During the Covid 19 Pandemic this website with the Shipstation software helped us to keep the doors open.

Cons: Integration with our Point of Sale Solution is not perfect and could be improved significantly.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/09
Terry J.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/22

"An absolute staple for any e-commerce business."

Comments: After trying just about everything else out there, Shipstation is as close to a perfect solution as you'll find. It helped me save over an hour each day, time that I was then able to spend on actually growing my business. It was a stretch to think of anything I didn't like - which speaks volumes about the software.

Pros: Integration with most major platforms and channels - it communicates back and forth between your Shopify, Amazon, eBay, etc. accounts to mark orders shipped and email the customer.
Discounted shipping labels - The subscription pays for itself with how inexpensive the labels are.
Automated tracking emails - create your own template and look the part of other major e-commerce stores.

Cons: Can get a little confusing when dealing with international shipments but their support team is definitely top notch and can help you sort out the issues quickly.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/22
Network Administrator / Lead Programmer
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/21

"Never thought I could use a paid monthly tool, but ..."

Comments: My website has been online for years and I always printed labels directly using the services included for free like eBay and USPS. I picked up a Dymo 4XL printer on a Black Friday Deal off Amazon and I couldn't use it for USPS directly. So I looked around and I was able to get a two-month trial to ShipStation. Never would I have thought I would be happy to pay a monthly fee for a service. It does so much that I used to do manually like leave eBay reviews after transactions, send out customer emails, and more. Definitely worth the money.

Pros: Easy printing of labels, almost automatically. Sends automatic emails to customers upon item shipping and delivery. Automatically leaves feedback on eBay so I don't have to remember to do it. Save on monthly Stamps.com monthly fees. Much much more.

Cons: I had to upgrade to a month service because of my monthly shipments, but apparently the emails it sends out is branded by ShipStation. Automatic printing of packing slips and/or shipping labels as the order is received. I would like packing slips so I can look at my orders without having to go to the website all the time. Maybe an extra tier of service. A way to classify a line item is shipping costs. I receive PayPal orders and the line item is seen as a sale item, not shipping.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/21
David H.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/30

"Most Efficient Shipping Software we have every used!"

Pros: Shipstation listens to their users and puts every feature you could ever need in their software. It has the most features, the most integrations and has the fastest workflow. We use it for eBay, Amazon, Reverb, Big Commerce, etc. If we were to change to a different website platform, it would be easy because Shipstation most likely integrates with them too. It also integrates with QuickBooks through a third party app. It works very well and keeps us accurate. The Shipstation Package Insurance works well and we have been paid on time for lost packages.

Cons: We would like to see more competitive pricing for USPS. eBay has far better shipping rates specifically for large packages and International Shipments. We want to ship all shipments through Shipstation.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/30
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/30

"We use this to ship out 50+ packages a day"

Comments: So much better then ship easy and others we tried. This communicates back to our channels with shipping info seamlessly.

Pros: Very scaleable, as we have gone from 1-5 boxes a day and now 50, it has been seamless in keeping up and adding efficiency to what we do.

Cons: Simpler drop shipping automation would be nice. We send things to our customer's customer and have created a lot of auto rules to ensure this works without breaking any confidentiality or confidence between us and our customers, to ensure a package goes to their customer blind.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/30
Aaron C.
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/27

"Perfect!"

Comments: I have run a small online business where I manufacture and sell the products for 4 years now and am very prone to efficiency. One thing that I noticed and did not like was that just shipping orders would take almost as long as product production itself. From copying and pasting addresses to bouncing from on selling avenue to another is both time consuming and somewhat confusing when delagating the task to others that are stepping from their normal tasks to help pick up the slack. Moving to Ship Station was one of those game changing moments for my business! I cannot imagine a better system for getting the right information in the right place to increase productivity and ease of use. That free'd up time and mental load has made it possible to invest more in areas that can increase growth rather than just maintaining. During the free trial I told a friend of mine that also produces and sells online "I don't care what this costs, it is worth it just in how much time it frees up". Luckily, the company does not seem to be greedy(which is a real problem these days) and for $25 a month I am saving hours upon hours in time an headache.

Pros: Easy to use
Consolidated sales information
Fast access to important information for getting the right items to the right people

Cons: None really. If anything, maybe more options for international shipments.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/27
Karim S.
Stratège de marketing numérique - Digital marketing strategist
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/11

"Shipstation is a sharp one-stop shop to ship for cheap!"

Comments: Having a centralized shipment flow makes it easy to create shipments or quotes, bulk shipments and labels as well as tracking ins and outs. Perfect experience!

Pros: Having all shipping and courier carriers aggregated in one place makes it easier for us to use the right one at the right time, therefore saving on cost and time.

Cons: Occasionally, we have a hard time getting through our point of contact over at ShipStation but overall, there is really no major cons using them.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/11
Jen C.
Operations, Fulfillment, and Media Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/14

"Easy to use and integrates with other software we use."

Comments: Integration options and ease of use.

Pros: It is easy to add all of your boxes, products, and shipping account and you can even use customer accounts. ShipStation will create commercial invoices, customized packing slips and more. You can set up automations for customers who always use their own shipping account or products that always go in the same box. Customer service is good. The quote calculator is handy.

Cons: I wish it could keep track of shipping box inventory. Some of the customization options need to be selected in multiple places to work, which can be tricky but things are labeled if you look for them.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/14
Facilities Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/04

"I cannot say enough good about ShipStation!"

Pros: I absolutely love ShipStation and how easy it is to implement. It took hours out of our normal packing and shipping day!

Cons: The only thing I can say that is negative about ShipStation is that we have found every now and then a process will glitch out and we will have to re-institute it, but Customer Service was always there for us and able to help us get everything working smoothly again very quickly!

• Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Director, Solutions Development
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/10

"Simple + Effective = Fantastic!"

Pros: Easy to use, does everything we need. We integration with many selling channels, several carriers and have used ShipStation for over 2 years seamlessly.

Cons: The only think I wish ShipStation could do more with is inventory. There is basic inventory functionality but doesn't have robust inventory features such as managing inventory across multiple DCs/Sales channels, PO integration, forecasting, etc.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/10
Kristi S.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/16

"Great software! Definitely useful for any online retailer."

Comments: The benefits are endless and also very customizable. Know that you should spend the time to get to know the software before getting discouraged. Overall, Shipstation is great and helps ease the initial difficulties with running any business.

Pros: The features of shipstation cannot be matched by any other software on the market. Shipstation syncs seamlessly with various online platforms (shopify, etc.) and contains all of the data you need to successfully run and scale a business.

Cons: The sorting and filtering in shipstation is pretty difficult if you don't spend the time to learn the software. If you are a novice, I recommend using their customer service team to guide you through necessary data sorting, etc. Importing and exporting data could be a little confusing for the first time user.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/16
David G.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/19

"Best Tool Ever - SAVES ME SO MUCH TIME"

Comments: BEST EVER! Best money spent.

Pros: Automated Rules are amazing. My weights, sizes an shipping options automatically pull in. Being able to easily print shipping labels for Amazon, Ebay, ETSy and my website couldn't be any easier.

Cons: This tool is great. I wish they could help negotiate better rates, but they do help provide some level of discounts with carriers.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/19
Roxy P.
manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/29

"Very user friendly, highly recommended for all skill types."

Comments: on stop shipping

Pros: I like that is is easy to use, very user friendly.
We have a couple guys who are not too technically savvy, they use shipstation with zero issues.
This syncs nicely with eCommerce platforms, like ebay, etsy, amazon, shopify, ect, and ect.
Great if you are manually inputting this type of info! Return labels process is a breeze.
Easy to search shipments. Ship station also populates data , such as how much you have charged for shipping vs how much you have spent on shipping.
Overall been a great system we use.

Cons: Um the only con that comes to mind is return shipping labels for international shipping are not available.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/29
Tanner K.
Sales Representative
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/09

"Highly Recommend ShipStation!"

Pros: Very user friendly and has a lot of features and options. Use it on a daily basis and rarely ever have a problem. If I do, customer service takes care of it very promptly.

Cons: Sometimes I feel like there is too many steps for a certain task. Also, printing from the Zebra requires an extra step - that could be a user error though.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/09
Cameron F.
President & CEOI
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/21

"Poor customer support"

Comments: Very poor customer support. I have contacted them on Friday and was not even replied to by end of day. The chat option is gone, and we use the gold subscription. looking to different options.

Pros: Ease of use and lots of flexibility. Not much to dislike.

Cons: Speaking only about the software itself, there is really nothing we dislike.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/21
Amber P.
Business Development Manager
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/15

"Easiest Program We Use for our eCommerce Business"

Pros: It does what it's supposed to. Pulls in orders from multiple sources, makes it easy to set up commonly used packages and preferences, runs labels & pack lists. It's a no brainer.

Cons: We probably could better learn to use the batch & packaging templates to better manage when two or more of products are used and we already know the carton size & weight of this pairing. This is mostly on us, although I think it might be a little more difficult for our warehouse team to figure out without more support.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/15
Jennifer S.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/05

"Ship station is a game changer"

Pros: We love that you can integrate with Amazon… This actually was the reason we switched to having Amazon for fill our web orders. Should Station meet us so easy. It also has even better analytics the square space does. We also really like the fact that it is a better deal and diseases deals.com. After switching over we saved a lot of money. We also liked how will we contacted customer Support, not only did they solve a problem that they were able to give us an extended free trial. I like the fact that when we first started we could talk to a live person and if you couldn’t get your answer right away they would schedule a time to talk to you later by phone.

Cons: I think the website look could use a little bit improvement. Also we didn’t like the fact that we had to manually refresh to see most current orders… Otherwise I didn’t actually refresh for quite some time. Automatic refreshing of The website would be great.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/05
Stacy W.
Webmaster
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/07

"Easy to Use Shipping Fulfillment Software Solution"

Comments: The main benefit is the ability to track inventory accurately. This is one of my favorite features.

Pros: One of my favorite features of this software is the ease of finding orders and checking the status of those orders. Plus, I appreciate how nicely it integrates with other applications like Finale Inventory, BigCommerce, etc.

Cons: When the shipping department changes its method of shipping providers, the tracking number does not get updated to the customer order.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/07