• Overall
    4,8 /5
    4,7 /5
    4,7 /5

About Omnisend

Ecommerce marketing automation for smart sales-driven marketers that have outgrown the generic email marketing platforms.

Learn more about Omnisend

John B.
Consumer Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/02

"Promising, but still a lot of work to do."

Comments: Meh is the best way to describe it. I'm using a number of the features but do not have confidence I'm using it correctly or well. Getting support in a timely and sufficent manner is abysmal at best. Chat doesn't cut it for the depth of insight I'm looking for. Not nearly as resposonsive or interactice as it can and should be.

Pros: The apps integration with Shopify is what appealed most to me, and it appears to be fairly full featured. I was transitioning from MailChimp and needed a solution that offered turnkey engagment tools i.e. pop-up, automation workflows and email.

Cons: Frankly, it's not nearly as intuitive as it should be, not the tools of the help system.

Jordan G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/16

"Omnisend is a clear winner for us"

Comments: Overall it's been a pretty solid one.

Pros: I really like that omnisend is so easy to get up and start using and not to mention it's also so much cheaper than it's alternatives.

Cons: If anything their platform is a bit newer so integrations are not as plentiful compared to others.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/16
Filippo D.
Principal Software Engineer
Utilities, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/03

"Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only"

Pros: Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it. The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons: The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future. To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

by Omnisend on 2020/07/22

Hi Filippo!
Thank you so much for leaving such an unbiased and detailed feedback for our application.
After reading your comment, we wanted to reach out with some clarification on your last comment. We indeed don't have a built-in solution for triggering the Welcome automation when subscribing to the check-out page. But, we may offer a workaround when defining the properties that distinguish those contacts, among others, will help you trigger different flows.
For example, you may set up the Segment of the contacts having Subscribed status and not having the opt-in date field (that is assigned after subscribing to the Signup form) and use it in the Segment entry-based flow. In that case, any new contact subscribing at the checkout page will get the intended message.

Please, check this instruction (https://support.omnisend.com/en/articles/2398171-contact-enters-exits-a-segment-automation ) and reach out to our Support Team for assistance via [email protected]

Nate P.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/04

"seamless marketing platform with Affordable pricing"

Comments: Great experience and enjoy the consistent and reliable automated email marketing that frees up my time

Pros: The seamless experience and its simplicity in the to design and automate email campaigns, and forms.

Cons: The email templates that you build do not always look the same when you open them on mobile devices. Specifically, I noticed the mail app on Apple Iphone's do not display the email in the same way that the gmail app would display it.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/04
Jade A.
Content creator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/21

"Best email service for new bloggers!"

Comments: Amazing! Even the customer service is really good.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use this email service. I used Mailchimp for years, and struggled with the outdated features. There was nothing keeping me loyal to Mailchimp so I looked around for a new email service. I used plenty of email services (mailjet, sendinblue, Mailchimp) out there before I came across Omnisend. Mailchimp sucks - just trying to create 1 email takes forever because it’s so laggy. Mailjet is ridiculously buggy and has no brand customisation which is obviously a major aspect when creating brand loyalty and trust with your subscribers. Omnisend is by far the best. And on their free plan you get 15,000 emails FREE per month, which is a crazy amount for FREE! But the most amazing feature has to be the unlimited subscribers - now this is the biggest benefit, because most email services charge you depending on how many subscribers you have. Which for a blogger SUCKS because it’s almost as if they are punishing you as you get more and more successful!

Cons: Honestly, I’ve been using Omnisend for a few months now and I can’t think of anything I dislike about the service. After using so many crappy email services, I can’t believe I didn’t find Omnisend sooner.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/21
Justin J.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/21

"Not Bad... I like some of it, but they raised priced significantly this past year...."

Comments: so, so... again as I have stated, I am ok with a price increase from companies as I realize companies need to improve margins and top-line sales revenue, but as a customer of theirs for nearly 2 years and glowing recommendations to my friends/ colleagues in the industry... I no longer recommend the product as you can get more value for your dollar for what they now charge. But for me at this time, their hooks are in tight at this point, so Im stuck for the moment but will be looking for a new platform to switch to soon unless they reduce their price which I know they wont AND/ OR improve the value for what I am now having to spend.

Pros: Not Bad... I like the product and have been using it for 2 1/2 years - and I signed up originally because the price was great, but now, I don't love the platform for the price they now charge. The company raised the price significantly this past year... when I say significantly, I mean close to 400% -- and nothing really really changed for the price increase. I would have switched platforms actually because I don't like the following features, or lack thereof for the price they now charge: - Lack of themes like pre-built Black Friday, Holiday, Cyber Monday, etc themes
- You have to re-fill in your social media information each/ every time you send a new email campaign
- Email templates they do have are somewhat dated, and are not fresh/ modern

Cons: - Lack of themes like pre-built Black Friday, Holiday, Cyber Monday, etc themes
- Email templates they do have are somewhat dated, and are not fresh/ modern

• Reviewed on 2018/10/21
Jess L.
Editor-In-Chief
Photography, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/07

"OmniSend, is a god send!"

Pros: There is a lot that OmniSend does extremely well, we used to use Klaviyo in the past and it was an absolute nightmare, the interface was disgusting and so clunky to use. When we swapped to OmniSend, we honestly will never go back to anything else. OmniSend's interface and ease of use are insane for the price that you pay. Would 100% recommend it to any of my colleagues and continually do!

Cons: As a company with a very strong focus on how things look, there are a few design additions I think that could be added, along with some pre-created templates that are filled with content. Something similar to how MailChimp does it? Just a suggestion!

Svetlana O.
Food & Beverages, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/08

"Easy to use, saves time"

Comments: quick and easy marketing and saves a lot of my time

Pros: I like how Omnisend helps me to market my products and increase my sales. Email marketing, push notifications, scratch cards, reports, contact list updates...

Cons: when you need to go back if you forgot something, no option to open the next step in new tab

• Reviewed on 2019/08/08
Mary M.
Marketing Director
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees

"Great all-in-one app"

Pros: I love the Live View so that I can see which products are being removed from the cart most often. I also love how easy it is to set up my marketing automations. Super user-friendly!

Cons: I wish it would allow you to create a custom e-mail template that you can use to create future campaigns. I end up having to start from scratch every time.

Cassidy C.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/03

"PERFECT for my boutique!!"

Comments: Awesome app, awesome features! SO glad I made the switch.

Pros: This is such a user friendly platform. I love how I can connect the app right to my shopify site and it makes generating emails SO easy. The live view on the app is also intriguing to watch. I have several automation set up through Omnisend and I have never had any issues with them!

Cons: I haven't really ran into any issues yet! I am getting into more custom work, so hopefully it will be pretty simple to insert some pieces created in Illustrator right to Omnisend.

Brady H.
Brand Experience Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees

"Mailchimp Migrant"

Pros: Love the ease of use when designing emails. The user interface is also pleasantly smooth and simple to navigate. The design and branding of the platform translates to the default design options during email creation as well. That makes our job much easier because we don't have to do a ton of a work to make something look good.

Cons: The only real con I can think of is it's not really set up for enterprise/agency use quite yet. If you happen to use the same email address on multiple accounts, the multi-brand navigation is there. But if you use different email addresses, it seems you have to log out and log back in.

Lisa K.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/01

"Pretty easy to use and love the price"

Comments: We get a lot of good open rates and lots of clicks from Omnisend. Compared to what we previously used, I can definitely see with the reports that we're making quite more than before and it's been growing steadily. So good price, great ROI and of course fantastic customer support.

Pros: I've gotta say that they really know how to make an "easy to use" product. I read all these 5 star reviews before I got the app and really I thought it was, you know, marketing stuff but...once you like connect it to your store then you're pretty ready to go. I played around with the newsletter maker and it was easy. really easy. I had mailchimp before and really it took me like hours just to figure out where i was. this one...20 minutes i think I was done. Also, price is amazing and really works with our budget.

Cons: thre are some features they're missing that I'd like. i know that facebook is important and it would be nice if they could make it easier to create facebook ads based on user info that we already have. but i guess they're working on it, so we'll see how it goes.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/01
Amir Y.

"Feedback"

Comments: My experience so far has been relatively good. For my needs it gets the job done but as I mentioned I would like it if you offered a full service option.

Pros: the emails are easy to set up and create compared to other platforms.

Cons: want more templates & the Text message aspect was easier to set up. I also which you have an internal team that I could pay to create and send out emails for me weekly.

Arielle C.
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

"I like the product."

Comments: It's cool, still feeling it out

Pros: There are alot options to use and its very functional.

Cons: We had some issues with customers who signed up with apple.

Etienne E.
Co-founder
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees

"Soundest Review"

Comments: Omnisend has helped boost revenue and well covers its cost. It guarantees sales on every e-mail for us and is good for retargeting 1st time customers who may have only subscribed and not purchased, as well as returning customers.

Pros: Easy to use and integrate with other email softwares and Shopify.

Cons: Charging based on both the amount of subscribers and email sent. Typically charging by only subscribers is a more upfront cost and easier to budget.

Courtney J.
Owner / Designer
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/02

"Best Service out there!!"

Comments: Omnisend came to the rescue when MailChimp​ & Shopify split. I was very surprised with how accurate​ the reports were and we have seen huge growth in our conversion rates since we joined Omnisend. Sales through email are up over 50% from last year and we have only been with Omnisend for 4 months now. The look of our emails has also been elevated. Love all the great template options Omnisend has to offer!
While our decision to move our email marketing business to Omnisend was a forced one, It has turned out to be the best thing that happened. I am very happy with this service and highly recommend​ it to everyone looking for email marketing solutions.

Pros: Everything.
Easy to use, Beautiful & professional templates, accurate reporting, sales have gone up

Cons: It was a little hard to make segments of our customer lists but the support team at omnisend have been a tremendous help!

Alan T.
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/07

"Great Email Marketing Tool with many functions!"

Comments: Pleasant and direct. Working as expected

Pros: Automation is relatively easy yo understand and setup.

Cons: More conditions for automation would make it even more powerful

Coty T.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/12

"Awesome platform to market and track leads!"

Comments: Overall, it has helped us grow as a business to learn how to tailor certain things to certain audiences who shop on our website. It has given us a chance to market in an easy manner and fully understand where we need improvement

Pros: We have used Omnisend for many tasks, but the one being the most is marketing. It's been used to track clicks and browsing behavior on our personal business website to better key into what our customers like, want and need. We are able to track spending increases based off of browsing stats, which has helped our business grow!

Cons: For the few months that we have implemented Omnisend, there hasn't been anything that stands out to us as something we don't like. We use every feature provided, and customer service is second to none!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/12
Plamena D.
Operations Manager
Retail, Self Employed

"Love It!"

Comments: Love it!!

Pros: I absolutely love the live feature! Gives me so much insight which is something I did not see with the other provider I used to have. I also love the automations feature. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it all out, unlike other programs out there..

Cons: Choosing products off the website is sometimes very time consuming. With mailchimp the products were integrated into the software, you could just pick from a drop don menu.
Worried about pricing and the way credits work.

Fahad T.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/02

"From Mail Chimp to Omnisend"

Comments: Satisfying

Pros: Being a Mail Chimp user it self is satisfying marketing experience and does not need to change. But using Omnisend I have realized how convenient and comfortable it can be to market your product & implement customer equalization strategies & for that reason I am completely satisfied with Omnisend.

Cons: looking for how many new subscribers numbers is a bit of hassle may be will improve with time.

Haylie W.
Co-Owner
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/07

"Way better than MailChimp"

Comments: Overall, this is a great program and I am so glad MailChimp isn't supported by shopify anymore because I would of never found this.

Pros: I love that there is more options. I especially love the wheel!

Cons: Only thing I do not like is that when you try to use the block of recommended products where they plug in products from your store, it doesn't work for me. They just show up blank.

Mohammed S.
mr
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/14

"omnisend is awsome"

Comments: omnisend is very easy to use compared to other app and the customer service is bang on ... first class and always their and ready when you need them.

Pros: very easy to use , no need for long tutorial the fact it takes seconds to create your campaign and automation once you saved your layouts

Cons: facebook integration needs to be put into it . some features were missing like adding freeshipping to all collection however... the workaround is working for me and they give good pointers

• Reviewed on 2018/09/14
Kim F.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

"Highly recommend!"

Comments: I love the abandoned cart feature as well as the newsletter capabilities!

Pros: I love the ease of use with this product as well as the wonderful customer service I receive!

Cons: The add-ons are too expensive! I would subscribe to those if they were a part of the package...

Roxanne G.
Cosmetics, Self Employed

"Great Software"

Pros: User friendly. I like that there are prebuilt templates.

Cons: Price increase. I wish the stock photos where better or available