15 years helping South African businesses

About Omnisend

100k+ Shopify, WooCommerce, and Wix ecommerce stores trust us for our easy newsletters, email marketing, SMS and lead capturing.

Learn more about Omnisend

Pros:

Easy migrating from Mailchimp. Easy to use interface, and great customer service.

Cons:

The moving target with monthly fees is a bit frustrating.

Omnisend ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Omnisend has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 718 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Omnisend before?

Bo
Bo
Customer Service Ambassador in UK
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Very nice for marketing solutions

Comments: We have been using Omnisend for both campaigns and workflows and customized everything with our needs. Customer service responds well when needed help and they are very knowledgeable and reacts very fast.

Pros:

Has pre-built e-commerce workflows and automation workflows with pre and post purchase follow-ups, and lots of other features that can create your sms or e-mail marketing campaings from scratch and lets you have a view of any campaigns from their beginning to their end with generating performance reports. Highly using the high management reports for the management and the whole company. Works really well with banking campaigns when targeting spesific customers.

Cons:

The product should work on their own, integration with other tools might be problem.

Filippo
Filippo
Principal Software Engineer in UK
Utilities, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only

Pros:

Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it. The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons:

The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future. To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

Omnisend Response

4 years ago

Hi Filippo! Thank you so much for leaving such an unbiased and detailed feedback for our application. After reading your comment, we wanted to reach out with some clarification on your last comment. We indeed don't have a built-in solution for triggering the Welcome automation when subscribing to the check-out page. But, we may offer a workaround when defining the properties that distinguish those contacts, among others, will help you trigger different flows. For example, you may set up the Segment of the contacts having Subscribed status and not having the opt-in date field (that is assigned after subscribing to the Signup form) and use it in the Segment entry-based flow. In that case, any new contact subscribing at the checkout page will get the intended message. Please, check this instruction (https://support.omnisend.com/en/articles/2398171-contact-enters-exits-a-segment-automation ) and reach out to our Support Team for assistance via [email protected].

Adam
Full Stack Developer in Israel
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Email Marketing Tool with CDP Features

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Email marketing, lead capture and naturing.

Pros:

Omnisend unify customer data in one place which help make informed decisions.

Cons:

Omnisend is a perfect shot, it barely let me down.

Matt
COO in France
Consumer Electronics, 11–50 Employees

Many features

Comments: Overall I am satisfied!

Pros:

It helps us with people who sign up for our mobile app - they are added to our contact list and then receive a welcome email.

Cons:

The email content builder is glitchy. Fonts, colors, etc.

Greta
Founder in UK
Design, Self Employed

Great Email Marketing for Ecommerce

Pros:

The data and insights it provides on customers, orders, behaviours and experience.

Cons:

The limitations with the design templates.

Jo-Ann
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Best Email Marketing Tool for Shopify

Comments: Omnisend is second to none in terms of managing my email campaigns and automations. Once set up, everything just runs smoothly in the background so the majority of our marketing is on auto-pilot.

Pros:

I love Omnisend. Having used it for sveeral years now, it is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Setting up automations and forms and managing email campaigns in so incredibly easy.

Cons:

The email campaigns functionality can be a bit slow to respond. The automations are great once set up, but not very intuitive and difficult to manage and copy over to new automations.

Chetan
Chetan
Director in India
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Best Email Marketing Software for our Ecommerce Brand!

Comments: It was a nice experience with the Omnisend. We overall loved this tool for our automations and customer engagement.

Pros:

Omnisend is the best email marketing tool for our fashion brand. We have used this tool a lot for our automations and campaigns, on a daily basis.

Cons:

It's kind of a complete tool in the email marketing industry, and we loved this tool a lot.

Construction, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Awesome for communications

Comments: Omnisend has been a great and easy experience from beginning to end.

Pros:

This is a really easy platform to use for sending out mass emails. We used it for internal company communications and it was convenient to set up different audiences to send emails to depending on the subject. The emails are very customizable too.

Cons:

The only thing I would choose to improve is the "preview" feature. A lot of the times the preview didn't look exactly like the actual email on my browser (some of the word spacing would be off, pictures slightly different sizes, etc.). Not a big deal but a little annoying.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great e-commerce email marketing software

Comments: Omnisend has been great and has other features like messenger bot integration and integration with social media that we will be implementing in the future. 2 thumbs up.

Pros:

I LOVE Omnisend. My client had to switch from mailchimp to another software for her e-commerce business, something that would integrate with Shopify, and we found omnisend. The templates are beautiful and easily changeable and editable. The interface and backend design is clean and easy to use, and we can even see who bought items from specific emails so we know what works and what doesn't. Plus it's super affordable. Definitely recommend for a small online e-commerce business.

Cons:

I had a little issue changing the email and password but was able to resolve it through customer service.

Ipek Nil
Ipek Nil
Sales Marketing Specialist in Türkiye
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Great SMS Tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like especially using this for SMS marketing and it's very efficient.

Cons:

I prefer that this tool allows Turkish character into the body of SMS text.

Andrea
Owner/Designer in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Good App - lots of options, good support & easy to set up

Pros:

I love the live view of the software & find it captures much more data than I ever did on MailChimp as to who has clicked through & actions taken. The abandoned cart in particular is way more effective than mailchimp ever waas. After years of having a social media company manage my newsletter, I moved to ominsend when MailChimp stopped working with Shopify. I was able to manage the migration myself and support was excellent, from simple questions too difficult set up's questions. I like the many options for follow up drip series of follow-ups, abandoned carts, re-engaging customers. Love the gift box (although I do wish redirect/answer didn't go to a non-secure link as this comes up on my antivirus every time) & scratch & win. The base price of this app is reasonable and offers a lot of options included with it.

Cons:

I love that this app has pop up's built-in but I wish they were more customizable to my theme. The wheel for example doesn't go with my color scheme so I haven't been using it. I have been trying to build a pop up exit offer to link to a quiz but can't get it to look right or work. I have tried several but have never put any into use as they either don't match my colour theme or I can't get them to do look how I want. I would like to see an overall metric that shows growth of my entire list instead of giving stats by each catagory such as automation, campaigns etc. While this info is great I would like to see the overall list growth as an additional stat as I watch the size of my list growth each week. The base price is reasonable but the next step up is a huge leap. I tried the upper price option for a month but found I wasn't making progress with the sms & messenger portion. It costs so much more I downgraded as it isn't affordable to test out. The ala carte add on's for these are way to expensive to acutally use (a person may as well just upgrade). I would like to see these options a bit more affordable as they take some time to build & start seeing results. There are apps that do messenging, sms & text at no charge or minimal/month & while I prefer to have everything under one app I would go with a less expensive due to the big leap in price. Would like to see loyalty program integrated

Jess
Editor-In-Chief in Australia
Photography, 11–50 Employees

OmniSend, is a god send!

Pros:

There is a lot that OmniSend does extremely well, we used to use Klaviyo in the past and it was an absolute nightmare, the interface was disgusting and so clunky to use. When we swapped to OmniSend, we honestly will never go back to anything else. OmniSend's interface and ease of use are insane for the price that you pay. Would 100% recommend it to any of my colleagues and continually do!

Cons:

As a company with a very strong focus on how things look, there are a few design additions I think that could be added, along with some pre-created templates that are filled with content. Something similar to how MailChimp does it? Just a suggestion!

Tatyana
COO in US

We love Omnisend!

Comments: Love Omnisend so much!

Pros:

Our favorite part is the dedicated account manager - Sydney! She is always looking for ways for us to optimize and helps with any issues that come up! I love having one person who helps us with projects rather than feeling like you are lost in a cog with many other programs/companies.

Cons:

Would love more segmentation options, but software is awesome overall!One thing I would love to improve is just having a drop down for time when scheduling a campaign. The current time selector is very sensitive and easy to make a mistake on. Perhaps splitting date and time into two drop downs.

Meryam
owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Omnisend is a game changer!

Comments: We've tried 2 other email platforms prior to and nothing was as easy as omnisend, time is the most valuable thing to a business owner, and Omnisend simply saves me a lot of time.

Pros:

We have been using Omnisend for over 2 years now, we integrated it with our shopify store and it has been a breeze. I was a beginner at email marketing and still feel like I am, but Omisend makes me feel like I can get the job done. We love the templates and the drag & drop features. Everything is fast and efficient. We also love the Automations and the ready made templates for those as well.

Cons:

There's nothing I dislike about the software, I would suggest more weekly "prompts" to give us fresh ideas on what to send out in our emails, or maybe an automation refresher? Things that can be fixed or adjusted to maximize profits.

Kat
Owner/Entrepreneur in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Keeping connected...

Comments: As mentioned in my review the most important aspect of Omnisend is keeping connected! Whether I use it once a week, once a month or once a quarter, it is an old friend waiting for me to reach out to those who I value in my business!

Pros:

Omnisend has had a huge impact on keeping connected with my customers and potential customers. Not only does it interface with my POS, but I can also add contacts easily from a simple sign-up I have inside my shop. My patrons are excited to sign-up and receive new information regarding my classes, products, and services. I am able to get, virtually, instant feedback on interest levels by viewing my report on opens and opt-outs. The Omnisend platform gives me peace of mind and a sincere, personal way to stay connected to current and future customers in a world that is sometimes distant! thank you Omnisend. You are truly a vital part of my business.

Cons:

I am very pleased with all the features of this software and have no cons to list at this time.

Dolores
Head of business development in Canada

Value for money

Comments: It has been good so far.

Pros:

Forms, automation rules, creating segments

Cons:

There is still some scope to make the software better for mobile devices, especially for an app that uses dark mode. Wheel of fortune could have more color themes or options to choose custom colors.

Nick
Owner in US
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Best email marketing software that I've used!

Comments: My overall experience with Omnisend has been amazing. This software has allowed me to automate my email marketing and start building relationships with customers and everyone else who comes in contact with my brand.

Pros:

I love that it gives me the ability to visualize my automated workflows before building them out. It allows me to craft our brand experience and customize it for different groups of people.

Cons:

Honestly, nothing. So far it has all of the features that I need and more.

Nadia
ceo in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Works fine but still needs improvement

Comments: I think it works fine for the price.

Pros:

Pricing is decent + overall basic features work fine as well. Still need a lot more interesting templates and optimizing on both mobile + desktop so so

Cons:

would love to be able to speak to a person live if needed if chat gets frustrating. Also need a lot more templates

Alejandra
Creative and Email MKT Lead in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Amazing Email Mkt Tool!

Pros:

I love how flexible is Omnisend. We can work in developing email campaigns and automations for our 4 brands, measuring results instantly, and improving our campaign constantly by analyzing metrics! Very user friendly and easy to manage for the marketing team. Omnisend has been a key in the success of our marketing plan and sales.

Cons:

I would love that the new email builder has a "view in browser" option.

Tanya
Founder in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Big fan of Omnisend

Comments: We've been really happy with Omnisend for the last number of years and will continue to use the app in our marketing activities.

Pros:

Omnisend is a powerful tool that's easy to use, offers customizable features, and exceptional analytics.

Cons:

We had some issues when converting from old builder to new builder but it turned out to be a simple user error and customer service helped us right away.

Jonathan
Director in UK

Why You Should Consider Omnisend

Comments: Omnisend lets us build our email marketing lists, automate email communications and easily design newsletters, it works very well with Shopify and while prices have increased recently it still represents good value

Pros:

Great list and email design management at a price that is more than competitive compared to some of the other big players in this area. The customer service is also very good

Cons:

WE have 3 ecommerce stores in different territories - when creating automations and emails it should be easier to copy existing flows and templates from one store account to another - it often feels like this was forgotten in the original build of the software. THe ability add short videos into emails would be good to

LaTresha
CEO in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Great App

Comments: So far it's been very positive, the customer service team rocks!

Pros:

Helps me easily reach my customers in each step of their purchasing journey.

Cons:

Integrating certain software, creating segments

Justin
Founder in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Not Bad... I like some of it, but they raised priced significantly this past year....

Comments: so, so... again as I have stated, I am ok with a price increase from companies as I realize companies need to improve margins and top-line sales revenue, but as a customer of theirs for nearly 2 years and glowing recommendations to my friends/ colleagues in the industry... I no longer recommend the product as you can get more value for your dollar for what they now charge. But for me at this time, their hooks are in tight at this point, so Im stuck for the moment but will be looking for a new platform to switch to soon unless they reduce their price which I know they wont AND/ OR improve the value for what I am now having to spend.

Pros:

Not Bad... I like the product and have been using it for 2 1/2 years - and I signed up originally because the price was great, but now, I don't love the platform for the price they now charge. The company raised the price significantly this past year... when I say significantly, I mean close to 400% -- and nothing really really changed for the price increase. I would have switched platforms actually because I don't like the following features, or lack thereof for the price they now charge: - Lack of themes like pre-built Black Friday, Holiday, Cyber Monday, etc themes - You have to re-fill in your social media information each/ every time you send a new email campaign - Email templates they do have are somewhat dated, and are not fresh/ modern

Petra
Owner/Designer in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Is Omnisend for me?

Comments: Very pleasant. Good feedback and support when you need it. For me it is user friendly.

Pros:

I really do appreciate the live visitor feature, as it lets me see who and how many potential customers are interested in a specific collection or product. I usually use the same template, less time spend on trying to figure out is any link is live. Time is money as they say, plus what's familiar, is easy.

Cons:

I like to see when new signups happen. See their info to give them a special treat with their shipment. At the moment I don't see that option, though it may just be me not the system. As I say, I don't have much time to explore.

Christian
Business Development Rep in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Switched to Omnisend 6 months ago, helped transform out emails

Comments: Very pleased with our experience.

Pros:

The ease of use, the look, and the simplicity of email creation. The customer service has been top notch

Cons:

I wish at times the list management would be easier. The ability to make segments based on data is excellent but I would love to make a manual email list at times.