15 years helping South African businesses

About Epos Now

Simple, secure, and powerful. Take control of your business with our award-winning POS systems.

Learn more about Epos Now

Pros:

The thing I like most about the software is that I can access my data and sales information from anywhere. I can check/make changes at home from my mobile device, home desktop, or my laptop.

Cons:

Sometimes it is difficult to get through to a technican and I do not always receive a response to tickets that I raise.

Epos Now ratings

3.3
3.0
3.3
3.1

5.2/10

Epos Now has an overall rating of 3.3 out 5 stars based on 391 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Epos Now before?

Damien Paul
Damien Paul
Restaurant Manager in UK

Helpful after sales

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: From sales to after sales the service have been meeting my expectations. Their live chat environment is really helpful

Pros:

I love the after sales offered by epos now they have 24 ×7 support which gives me confidence

Cons:

I didnt dislike anything related to eposnow

2 months ago

Hello Damien Paul Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Kalawna
Owner in Canada
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Epos is Getting there.

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I'm critical about their POS but after transferring to a more suitable POS for my type of business I returned to Epos as they have far superior customer service and the system is easier to use.

Pros:

The Cost is superior, they have 24/7 support, once they have finished with their programming I'd have to say it will be fantastic.

Cons:

The scanner and the lack of apple compatibility.

2 months ago

Hello Kalawna, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Samantha
Director in UK
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Appalling company and terrible equipment

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Absolutely shocking. Worlds worst service!

Pros:

Nothing at all this company is shocking in every way

Cons:

Unfortunately I've been stung twice by this company. First time I purchased their software and they didnt support the set up properly, sent me faulty equipment, cut contact once they had my money and overcharged me for support services I never purchased. It took months and months to correct. The second time when I started up my own business I decided to use them reluctantly because it was easy to transfer menus etc across from the old business to the new business. To get the same monthly price I had to pay a year in advance and thats when it went downhill. I paid my money and then the sales advisor [sensitive content hidden] who promised to transfer my menus cut contact and left me with nothing. After weeks of trying to get him to respond and filing complaints the Customer Relations manager with not the correct tech experience attempted to transfer all my menus and lost them all. £200 staff wages menu developing just gone like that! Now the software team are suggesting that menus with sub categories cannot be transferred. What a ridiculous system to set up that cannot thrn be transferred and better still why did no one advise of this before I paid an employee £200 to set up the menus. Now no one is responding to me. Ive paid a years worth of licenses and now got zero service and no till system. Shocking company and the poor service is across the board. Theres plenty other EPOS companies to deal with avoid these money snatchers at all costs as when there are software faults the tech teams are under qualified and just try to wing it regularly making your problems even bigger! AVOID!!

2 months ago

Hello Samantha, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues. please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at [email protected]. Thanks again for your share, EposNow.

Jay
Sports, Self Employed

Affordable and Functional

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Been a functional system for my Golf Simulator business with great processing fee rates and the customer service has been very good. My business is a seasonal business from November - March and they were able to suspend my monthly fees when I'm not in business (very accommodating to my business needs!).

Pros:

Payment processing fees were the best I came across when looking for a pos system.

Cons:

Being a European company, some of the lingo is different than the USA.

2 months ago

Hello Jay Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Timothy
Manager of Sales, Design, Projects in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

All Good Thanks

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of Use. Nothing wrong with equipment.

Cons:

Hold Times, Getting in touch with customer service, Delivery of transfer were never as promised.

last month

Hello Timothy, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Michele
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Terrible Customer Service

Comments: This system isn't as good as the one we changed from. Our old system got bought out and we were forced to change and I talked to many reps and looked at reviews and I can say that I was misled. Our system is supposed to come with 24 hour customer service and it definitely doesn't.

Pros:

Easy to set up and use for basic functions

Cons:

No ability to set specific times for orders to be prepared by. With so many take out orders happening, it would be nice to have the ability to have a set way to tell the kitchen when an order was being picked up instead of using "notes". It is terrible that if a bartender adds drinks to a ticket, the ticket gets switched to the bartender's ticket. Now our bartender has to keep paper tabs for customers and give them to the servers so that the tickets don't get switched. The worst is the almost non-existent customer service. If you need help "fast", forget it. I've waited on average of over 40 minutes to speak to a tech support member. Once I get them, they are helpful, but getting to them is crazy. I've tried the WhatsApp with the same problem. I've sent messages and didn't get any response for over a half hour. They make it sound like you will get immediate help, this is absolutely not true. I feel like once you are past your first month, you are on your own...they really don't care about you or any issues you might have. I am very unhappy with my decision to choose this POS system.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

No Trial Pay even if you cancel within a few days.

Comments: Bad, Bad tech support, Bad Customer service. Bad overall. Sales is Dishonest.

Pros:

So upset with them charging me to cancel, I cant think of any.

Cons:

No Free Trial. I signed up and canceled a week later and they said there will be a cancelation fee. They always have to get back to you in several days. You wait for emails. no one to talk to.

Derick
Derick
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

Worst POS you can get out there. Beware of the trouble after you sign up.

Comments: Probably one of the worst POS service out there. We still not open yet and they keep sending us charges. After we called in for many months, the customer service finally have someone reach to refund some of the charge. They assure us that there won't be any charge until we open. This month they send us another charge again. We emailed their customer relation, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get those charge remove and no respond from them. If you own a business, do you want to wait days or weeks to get a respond from a POS service? They locked us in for two years and won't let us cancel the service so we will be dealing with these horrible service for a while. We would not recommend going with Epos now no matter how cheap they offer you. Beware of the trouble ahead with this company.

Pros:

It's the cheapest choice compare to the other competitor. Probably the reason why they don't have good customer service.

Cons:

The worst customer service ever. Very challenging to get a human on the phone for help. Save yourself the trouble and get a different one.

Abdullah Al
FOUNDER, CEO in US
Design, 11–50 Employees

They are Scamming People

1.0 4 weeks ago New

Cons:

Nothing, they are useless. They are just scamming people. they Took money for terminal, payment processing. i told my requirements that I need invoicing, payment link, Virtual Terminal and pos machine. They said they all have it. After taking payment they said they cant verify my bank. Then I told to refund my money. After then I approved my account. Without sending and providing my requirements they are trying to charging me each month. When I talked to there support team they said they only provide invoicing, payment link, Virtual Terminal after one month processing. I asked why you guys told me you will provide me invoicing, payment link, Virtual Terminal. They said let me talk with him. No answer they didnt give me. Now whenever Im trying to reach them. They said I can only rise a ticket. Wait till then. Dont go with them

4 weeks ago

Hello Abdullah Al, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. We requested further details in order to locate your account with a view to resolving any outstanding issues, please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at [email protected]. Thanks again for your share, Epos Now.

Alex
Bar Manager in UK
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

North Walsham Town Football Club

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Rang up on Saturday Morning as had an issue with prices not being updated on the till (turns out through no fault of my own) [sensitive content hidden] went through all the steps with me and even finished off the process for me making sure they were all correct ready for a big charity event we were hosting that day To add, EPOS Now even kindly donated 2 extra handheld terminals to help us deal with the volume of people we were expecting for our event. Every time we have gone to EPOS now with an issue or request [sensitive content hidden] and the team have always delivered

Cons:

Not through any fault of their own but haven't used the inventory or ordering section on the back office yet so not sure how it works

Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

If in Australia and in hospitality - do not buy this system

Comments: Although the Australian Eposnow team try to help and are friendly, they are inexperienced and short staffed. It seems they are working business hours of 9-5pm on Queensland time, which does not suit Australian hospitality where the time zones are different for at least 6 months of the year; and businesses are open 6am until 9pm.

Pros:

Ease of implementation Inexpensive Reporting Apparent integration to existing banking systems

Cons:

The support is only in QLD business hours. The integration with banking systems is not with Australian banks only Tyro. This software is only for retail businesses, and would be good; is not for hospitality venues - receipts are restrictive and are not set out for hospitality and the kitchen dockets are complicated and difficult to read.

Retail, 51–200 Employees

Hidden fees, broken promises

Comments: Horrible, difficult to use, customer services horrible, constant hidden charges on sales as well as use fees $$$$$

Pros:

They don't really stand out above anyone else, so nothing really

Cons:

Fees, hidden charges, difficult customer service

Kate
owner in US

Contact the BBB and your state Attorney General

Comments: It's a PAIN! Don't pay for this nightmare.

Pros:

Next to nothing! The people I spoke to at first were AWESOME! Then, once I paid, I got the WORST support.

Cons:

Horrible. Most of my scheduled calls were never met. They just didn't call for our set up appointments. They kept me on hold anywhere from 10-60 min. When things started to go south, they were harder to get in touch with. They are not holding up their end of the contract and want to charge me $500 to cancel my account. The 28 page Terms and Conditions are a MUST to read. They're convoluted and difficult to understand when there's a problem so be careful before you give them your credit card info. This is a paid for NIGHTMARE!!!

Miguel
Receiving Manager in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Not meant for middle to large businesses

Comments: I am the shipping and receiving manager for my company. A few of my daily tasks is to post and receive 200+ invoices weekly. Inventory management, market retail adjustments, sales reports, purchase orders, etc. It'd a very busy job. When we first got this EPOS NOW system we started having issues and they informed us the application at the time was unstable and so they switched us over to a web browser format. (First red flag).
Every day I get constant "timed out" errors because their servers have too many users. As I write this review, it's been almost 2 hours now that I can't post and receive any invoice. There's also the too many users are online so your task has been killed pop up. Which literally means "try again".
They are constantly trying to add new features, but don't address and resolve the instability of their service. There's also a huge problem with the feature "notes" which is where we add the invoice number of every invoice/po entered in to the system. I told them that 90% of these notes are erased from the system days after posting. They said that's not a priority of theirs. So, I told them it's definitely a priority for a market that processes hundreds of invoices weekly. Helps us search entries i.e duplicate invoices, etc. This system is good for smaller businesses (such as a bar/restaurant). But not for middle to large businesses.

Pros:

Easy to navigate menu. Seems pretty straight forward.

Cons:

The constant "hang". Unable to connect. They keep adding features to the system without fixing the instability of current features and service connection.

Edward

Cons I was charged month after month for NOTHING

Comments: ONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.

Nicole
Manager in US

Unhappy retailer

Comments: If it were easy to switch services, I would in a heartbeat. But I'm hopeful with time, they will listen to feedback and improve the product.

Pros:

The back office is fairly easy to navigate for basic needs

Cons:

The help/tutorial aspect of this software is greatly lacking. There are a lot of features to utilize but it's near impossible to get proper training on using them. Which leads me to my next con - The support team is incredibly unreliable. IF you are lucky and get a good support rep, your issues may be resolved quickly. However that is a rare occurrence. I typically have to call back a few times to get issue resolved/questions answered. Add the fact that it's very common for the support reps to make mistakes in fixing "issues" and often end up making matters worse. The bulk import feature is incredibly important to our business. But it is complicated and doesn't work properly because of what seems like a formatting/programming issue. It's been two years that we have used this product. One would think they would have fixed this issue by now. Especially because they charge for the service. They also do not have an EBT functionality which complicates our daily report reconciliation. That has been on their "project" list for some time now. Maybe one day?

Vicky
Director in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Never buy EPOS and don't bother buying if you are in Canada

Comments: I will strongly recommend this product to people I hate and let them suffer.

Pros:

I hate the system. We add inventory and the system will not pick items when customers are standing in line. Not only this is irritating, it becomes embarrassing also.

Cons:

Everything. The screen will not work if sunlight is coming on the screen or even nearby. In Canada, I can't add certain taxes and fees. I can't get a detailed end of day report that separates my sales types by-products. Lottery redemption is a huge task and customers complain of wait times. Don't ask about customer service. You need something, UK customer service will call you in the middle of the night. I received my box and I was promised a customer display (please not although they will show you it is not included) am going back and forth with customer service for the last 2 months and they still have not given it to me. Their employees will tell you "yes, we are misleading, but it is not included in your base price". And good luck dealing with customer support. I have decided to move my services to some other service provider because Epos Now will not take care of my grievances and I don't have time and courage to deal with their customer support because they simply don't care. AND ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING. DON'T GET INTO THEIR SALES TACTICS AND USE EVO PAY AS YOUR PAYMENTS PROVIDER. TRUST US, YOUR MONEY WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED IN YOUR ACCOUNT ON DAILY BASIS AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CLOSED ON WEEKENDS. EPOS NOW EMPLOYEES WILL MAKE $2K AS COMMISSION BUT YOUR LIFE WILL BE SPENT IN DEALING WITH EPOS NOW AND EVO PAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Matthew
Director in UK
Printing, 2–10 Employees

Very useful system for SME

Comments: Very Good. It has helped us total our end of day sales and with the breakdown of items and sold we can easily separate the Vatable sales saving time for our accounts team.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and can be edited to suit your business needs with time saving folders. It also has a very user friendly interface that can be picked up in minutes making it great for getting new employees up to speed

Cons:

Updating the software was a little tricky but with the help of the telephone team this issue was resolved pretty quickly.

5 years ago

Hello Matthew. Thank you for leaving us a business review, we take all feedback seriously and use this to help continually learn and grow and provide the best customer service possible. The simplicity of our front end system is a real unique selling point making it easy to train staff and adapt for personal / business preference. The backend provides intuitive reporting about profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business.This allows you to figure out what¿s working and what isn¿t to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line. I understand that updating the system was a little tricky, I'm pleased to hear that our award winning support staff were able to support you through this. If you wish to provide any additional feedback please email [email protected] Kind Regards James

morteza
diretor in UK

Totally RIP-OFF

Comments: absolutely rip off,
they advertise complete solution for £249 including till terminal, cash drawer and a printer. (to good to be true)
when I called to place an order, I ended up getting it for £600 for that.
here comes worst part, as I only received a till terminal without cash drawer and printer.
I called them up to find out, they advised me cash drawer and printer will be dispatched separately, so I had to wait for another week.
unfortunately another week passed and no sign of my items, this time after literally 12min holding my call ,different guy picked up the phone and went through my record and said that the amount you paid was only for till terminal and for cash drawer and printer I had to pay separately.Really??
so I paid £600 only for till terminal only, is this a joke
so I asked what is this £249 that you are puting for sale included, he responded thats plus 3 year warranty and licence fee.
Obviously I have already purchased the license and do not need 3 year warranty as well,however he said we won't make money out of this, so we need to add a 3 year warranty charge so to cover the cost.
This is ridiculous, nobody told me that, otherwise I would not go for it.

Pros:

covers most of my needs,not a bad support team.

Cons:

Be aware they con people easily.sluggish software, you have to buy all equipments from them so not compatible with any other hardware other than themselves.

Michelle

Terrible customer service

Pros:

The system is easy to use. I would love to have continued to use it....if they stood by what that tell you when you are purchasing the product and provide customer support, as they indicated.

Cons:

Do yourself a favor....DO NOT PURCHASE AN EPOS SYSTEM. They DO NOT stand by what they tell you, when you are purchasing their equipment. Their support after one year is HORIBLE. If you refuse to buy their customer support plan, they tell you that they provide email support, which is a lie. They told me desktops have a 3 yr warranty on all equipment. Now, they are saying it only had a 1 yr warranty and we have to pay for a warranty, to have anything replaced now. I have created several tickets and never heard a word back or got the problem resolved. Today (Sunday at 2:00 CST) our desktop was down (which is ironic since our warranty supposibly just expired on the desktop). We had customers in our store and I needed our desktop up to check out customers. We received an error message saying the desktop could not be found, it has been moved or deleted. We called EPOS. It went to U.K. They refused to help because we did not purchase the 24/7 customer support service and said to call the US support line on Monday. Needless to say, we will be shopping for another POS system that stands by their product and customer service!

Derek
Chef/owner in Canada

Glitches

Pros:

Fairly user friendly , great customer service

Cons:

The number of glitches, ie. Past orders popping up out of nowhere.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Dreadful support of a non functioning system

Comments: Dreadful and extremely costly. Possibly the worst in over 30 years of working in Epos. As a consultant advising on Epos / Accounting selections for retailers of a single store through to significant multiple site/till configurations i could never recommend such a product confidently when it fails at its its most basic level. In very short space of time became apparent that the product did not meet its claimed functionality and was creating significant challenge for the client and a decision to halt the project at significant cost and resort to its former system.

Pros:

Not Much to define it above anything else in a crowded marketplace of average solutions.

Cons:

With over 30 years in the Epos industry, both supply and executive user, Brought in to effect the conversion and integration of accounting systems for existing Eposnow solution. On representation of links to Xero and with other systems integrated elsewhere to the platform in the business all attempts to link were painful. !st line support were unable to fix and any higher support was not accessible. Insistence that the problem was Xero for over a week was frustrating until eventually a functioning link was established to the API (not a Xero problem). Then the problems really started. Transactionally the information flows to Xero were flawed and did not balance to reality. The posting of sales invoices to the accounting ledger made no reference to defined accounting structure, created spurious entries and gave no meaningful method by which reconciliation could be achieved.

Kevin
owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Beware of what your told and what you get

Comments: not really happy. thinking of at least dumping support because i see no value. i paid for the system outright so just going to grin and bear it for now. If my industry continues beyond 2020 would probably switch to clover

Pros:

Not hard to setup not hard to use The till is OK

Cons:

this a United Kingdom based software. The reporting when exporting to excel use VAT taxes and you have to change headings because a lot of them don't make any sense when using an outside loyalty program platform the system is incredibly slow The system uses nearly all the storage available and I find myself constantly having to try to delete windows update failures, downloads, and other items . I am a small shop and not an IT guy Support is random sometimes unavailable and the times we have called in most of the problems have not been solved by their support . We were escalated but then no one ever calls back and we figured out the issues on our own. 'I'm unable to figure out how to use the added features as most things are just set up as individual items I run a vape shop and was hoping to be able to use variants such as colors, and bottle sizes but was advised against during setup for reporting purposes. so every size and color is setup as an individual item which is disappointing as we have changing stock constantly in the industry.

Graham
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Avoid

Comments: I've given up contacting customer support, you get nowhere with a serious issue. It is always referred to the developers.
My issue now is that stock re-order levels are not be alerted to me.

Pros:

As a retailer there is not a lot to like about this software.

Cons:

Clumsy, does not integrate with apps, especially shopify. Features are aimed at the hospitality industry, not suitable for retail. The database is clumsy, you can only search for products on the till if they are listed as for sale on the till. With over 2000 products in my inventory that makes the till slow. Integration with card payments is awful. You request a fix and it takes months, but the system is always being updated with cosmetic upgrades. Avoid like the plague

Retail, 2–10 Employees

Eposnow is a phenomenal software!

Comments: We began as a very simple bookstore, with only a couple hundred products, and thus very easy to manage. Later on, as the business grew, I realized we needed to move into the future and purchase a point of sale. Eposnow has filled that need like only they can. We originally were bogged down by the fact that some of our books had no barcodes. They were able to teach us to barcode our products, and we could use them in tandem with the pre-barcoded books! Fluid and simple, and very excited for the new update!

Pros:

Everything! Easy to use, straightforward, dependable, cheap, and powerful! I've never had such an easy experience with technology, and all of my hardware has worked seamlessly with the software!

Cons:

Honestly, no cons. I wish there was more customizability, but a few of my feature votes have come through such as preauthorization, so the feature voting system does work well! I also was bothered by the quality of some of the training videos, but since they were free I wasn't too surprised. The customer display sometimes reads the wrong price.