• Overall
    3,8 /5
    3,9 /5
    3,4 /5

About Quicken

Rental property and personal finances management solution with tenant information tracking, income management, and expense tracking.

Learn more about Quicken

Thandile N.
Freelancer
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/08

"Extraordinary for following your financial status, all around incredible."

Comments: Exceptional for getting your records all together and starting to see elevated perspective where you and your money is. I could have done without the evaporated features before my last update yet i'm adequate now. It's one of my essential applications!

Pros: It's a direct mechanical assembly to use for most business structures fit for managing trades, taking everything into account, and repeat. It is the best product (in my opinion) to follow records, adventures and business pay/expenses in all cases spot and on your work region rather than having that information simply on the web. Having the option to see each record in one spot truly permits you to all the more likely control your funds and spending plan. It's absolutely the best.

Cons: What I have gotten extremely astounded with is the marking in and my intuit ID. At whatever point the systems logs me out, for no good reason, whenever I log back in, it just doesn't take me to my standard page, it makes another page and new record for me. It's terrifying and it has been occurring even more once in a while. In like manner, I do feel the spending section of the application could use some work. I genuinely cherished it as a matter of first importance, however at this point it is fairly a desolation to use and have not used it since.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/08
Nina B.
Realtor
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/29

"Quicken Rental Property Manager works some of the time"

Comments: I've been using this program for over 10 years and while it it not perfect it is better than nothing. I would like the rental part to be easier and more reliable to use. I like that you can integrate Zillow estimates and values to properties.

Pros: I liked that it integrates all my accounts and I can track rentals, home and business at the same time. Reports are fairly accurate and are very useful for accounting and tracking purposes.

Cons: Has bugs that I cannot figure out. Sometimes the transfers don't ever show up and the accounts get messed up. Hard to track rents in the format that is available. I can't figure out how to enter and keep all reconciled the way they want you to do it.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/29
Jonny F.
CTO
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/31

"Fab on PC, run the PC version on the Mac, dumbed down online"

Comments: The PC version of quicken is fully featured, and our accountant, tax professional, and finance person all like it, can use it, understand it, and can handle files / exports made with it. For a while we switched to Mac and the only people who did not switch were the finance people because of PC Quicken. With some 3rd party help we had the PC version running on the Mac. Every couple of years the support for connecting to banks and maybe file formats change, and we seem to have to update the PC version. We tried the on-line version, execs in the company asked for on-line access to view the reports etc. The capabilities of the on-line system were very reduced, not sufficient for our finance team.

Pros: Fully features on the PC. with excellent sync with bank accounts and other financial systems, payroll etc. The online system is well priced.

Cons: The Mac version is not fully featured. The online version is very simplified. Every couple of years for the PC version they drop support for communications to bank accounts (and file format?) so you need to buy the latest one again.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/31
Marty A.
self-employed
Hospitality, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/31

"Top Notch Software going downhill"

Comments: I believe Quicken is making a mistake going subscription based only. I think they should offer a choice between product ownership or subscription based. After all these years with Quicken, I may be parting relationship because of this and I am not the only user who has the same sentiment. Short of going subscription based, Quicken would be a 5 star in my opinion.

Pros: I have used Quicken software of various versions for over 20 years.
Overall a great piece of accounting software.
Provides flexibility reporting.

Cons: Does not provide option to use account numbers (I have to incorporate account numbers within the account description)
Current versions are not going to subscription based.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/31
Kozhi M.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/22

"Quicken Review"

Comments: Best product out there. Tried others, including the now defunct Microsoft Money, and this is, by far, the best product for the money. Also, now that they are separate from Intuit, there are some great things on the horizon that will take them to another level.

Pros: Easy to use. Uncomplicated when it comes to inputting data. I like that you can use the mobile app and it syncs with the computer system on the desktop version.

Cons: It would be good to have it work without having to use a desktop version. We are so mobile these days and having to sync with the desktop is a headache.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/22
Chris P.
Corporate recruiter
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/20

"great for tracking costs and doing taxes"

Comments: I've used it for many years and have no problems with it. I started with a free version for many years and eventually paid for a basic version and it's still just fine for me.

Pros: I use it for personal use and used it for my coffee shop. it was easy to create and track different categories like inventory costs, payroll, etc. Come tax time this was very important

Cons: exporting reports isn't as details as they could be but it still served my purposes especially since I have the basic (cheapest) version

• Reviewed on 2021/02/20
Cathy C.
Insurance
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/13

"Quicken lets me track my rental income and expenses accurately"

Comments: I can track my rental expenses and income to deliver to my CPA for taxes. I can download my bank activity directly to the software, saving me time and money

Pros: I can create my own chart of accounts, the reports allow me to easily see how I spend money and which rental it is spent on.

Cons: I would like to be able to talk to customer service more readily or find someone in my area to help with the complicated details. Everyone seems to use Quickbooks and doesn't train on Quicken

• Reviewed on 2018/03/13
Tim P.
Principal
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/07

"Potential as a great product that suffers from poor quality"

Comments: Quicken for Business has no real peers on the market. There are certainly much better SMB accounting packages, there are better investment packages and better rental property packages, but Quicken appears to be the only one that consolidates all these functions into one. This used to be a quality package with minor bugs. Since being spun off, the management has successfully converted this from a typical "license and download" software to an annual subscription service, meaning you have to continually pay to be able to use the software. They also appear to have changed something in the QA process, as it has become more common for updates to fix one thing and break two more. Still, the basis is there for this to be a great product if they can ever solve the bad development issues.

Pros: For a small business or and individual with rental properties, this product has a full set of features that, if working properly, could really help. Interface is easy to use. Most banking and investment services can be accessed to easily download and reconcile accounts.

Cons: Very, very buggy. Some features just seem to automatically cause the system to crash. It seems way too often that the data file becomes corrupted. Recently changed to a subscription model, so you can't really keep a stable release.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/07
Andre C.
Accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/09

"Great for investment management"

Comments: Quickbooks is really the kid on the block that is easy to have clients use for budgeting and investment management.

Pros: Investment management is a challenge if you are self-managing your investment portfolio but Quicken makes this easy. Easy to make entries, Flexible reporting

Cons: No ticker bar or quick glance investments, 3rd party integration not that flexible, no mileage management

• Reviewed on 2020/10/09
Michele M.
Realtor
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/12

"Use for payroll"

Comments: We have a small buiness and we use this for payroll and bookkeeping. I do not have any accounting background so it is a huge help to me.

Pros: Easy to use for small business, to keep track of expenses, print check, print reports, have been using for close to 10 years.

Cons: Tech support is sometimes difficult to understand. Updates sometime create issues. I usually do not install update until months after released.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/12
Amy B.
Gifted Teacher
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/24

"Quicken"

Comments: Over many years I have had very good success with using this product and would recommend it to anyone. I was very positive for my family when it was offered in an apple compatible version.

Pros: I have used this software for 15-20 years and have found it very useful to me personally and in a small business setting. It allows for personalization in selecting categories for income and expenses. It has been very helpful in keeping track of itemized deductions and investments.

Cons: I don't like that updates are not free with initial purchase. I don't like uploading data and just want it on my own computer and backup. Some of the new features with updates are not necessary to me. But, I can see value for others.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/24
Melissa H.
Secretary
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/05

"RENEW SUBSCRIPTION REMINDER"

Comments: WAS A VERY HAPPY USER FOR 21 YEARS.....NOT NOW!! THEY SHOULD ADVERTISE IF YOU DO NOT PURCHACE THE MEMBERSHIP THEY WILL MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE SOFTWARE NOT USER FRIENDLY. IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS LIKE MINE THAT YOU DO NOT INTEND TO DOWNLOAD INFORMATION FROM ONLINE....YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER A DIFFERENT PROGRAM BECAUSE THEY ARE TAKING UP YOUR SCREEN SPACE WITH ADVERTISEMENTS.

Pros: I HAVE BEEN A QUICKEN USER (MOSTLY 2004 VERSION)FOR OVER 21 YEARS. I FINALLY SAID I SHOULD UPDATE MY QUICKEN PROGRAM. THAT BEING SAID I UPDATED TO 2019 VERSION. THE PROGRAM IS WHAT I EXPECTED TILL THE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP RAN OUT THAT THEY GIVE YOU FOR PURCHACING THE PROGRAM.
I DO NOT NEED ANY DOWNLOADS FROM BANKS ETC. I ENTER ALL MY INFORMATION MANUALLY.
THEY SAY YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHACE ANY ADDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP IF YOU WANT TO ENTER MANUALLY.

Cons: THEY TAKE UP YOUR AVAILABLE SCREEN SPACE WITH A LARGE BANNER ADVERTISING TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP. SO NOW YOU CANNOT USE THE SCREEN SPACE AND SEE YOUR BALANCES AND OTHER INFORMATION EASILY. MEMBERSHIP IS $89 A YEAR. THAT IS A HEAVY COST TO PAY TO REMOVE THEIR ADVERTISEMENT FROM MY SCREEN!!!!

• Reviewed on 2021/04/05
Greg N.
Computer Consultant
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/09

"Online BillPay is not functional"

Comments: If they resolve the BillPay problem, or if you confirm your bank will accept payment from Quicken through their DirectConnect feature, then the subscription/2019 version should be similar or slightly better than earlier versions. If you need BillPay, DO NOT UPGRADE Quicken until you can confirm they have patched their software to correct this apparent bug.

Pros: Subscription/2019 version is similar to older versions.
Tracks funds easily. Intuitive money management.
Allows download/sync with checking, savings, credit card, and investment accounts.
Subscription model is expensive, but will be offset by no longer having to pay monthly charges for BillPay.

Cons: Requires "upgrade" to 2019 version.
Requires deletion of old BillPay account and manual re-entry of all payee and account info during upgrade.
As of 2/9/19 BillPay is not functional. Have been waiting since 1/6/19 for account activation, so can still not pay bills through quicken using the subscription version I am paying for. Many other customers with same complaint. Support says still trying to resolve similar tickets from customers from December 2018.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/09
Gerard B.
owner operator
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/15

"Easy Small Business applications"

Comments: I have enjoyed theeapplications nd uses that it has provided for me.

Pros: Quicken allows me as a small business to provide professional accounting management solutions to my small business without big cost.

Cons: The learning process and initial set up is slow and time consuming. But that is expected with a set such as this.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/15
Matt D.
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/11

"Great product"

Comments: Great product.

Pros: Upgraded with no issues. Improved features. Great product. I would buy this product again. A must have for any landlord/property manager.

Cons: The product could use more mobile friendly features. The product is missing ability to attach pictures, have tenants direct deposit, etc. Great value though!

• Reviewed on 2017/05/11
Sandra F.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/18

"Small Business Owner"

Pros: This is the go-to software for new business owners. It is easy to use, offers tons of functions and features and pairs with both my POS and my bank.

Cons: With each update you have to learn your way around again but that is a small price to pay for remaining up to date.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/18
Kevin T.
managing director
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/06

"Quicken is really the only way to go"

Pros: the ease of use. its intuitiveness when entering data, trying to find data, AND FIXING MISTAKES. it is so easy to fix a mistake.

Cons: not much , i have been using this product for years, and it keeps getting better

• Reviewed on 2019/08/06
John R.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/20

"Easy to use efficiency of tracking"

Pros: Quick click for access to most account information generate reports quickly for accounting. Great product!

Cons: Took a little while to get accustomed to use, but overall great program!! Really don't have any negative comments about this program.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/20
Lea ann H.
Independant Contractor
Primary/Secondary Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/02

"Quicken - For personal and Small Business"

Comments: Sometimes there is no option to place a liability into a separate area - My car loan was part of my credit union accounts. When I tried to download the details from my credit union, I placed it in a credit card item and I had to use it that way. I would like more flexibility to place things in areas when my mind thinks they should go. Perhaps it is not right but I don't know.

Pros: I have a continuous history of my income and expenses, I can easily use the details for tax purposes. At a glance, I see my liabilities and expenses, and balances.

Cons: There is not enough undo options on some of the things I do and I delete things when I don't mean to do so.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/02
Myca A.
Director, Customer Experience
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/04

"Quicken's Come a Long Way!"

Comments: Being able to access the software remotely (finally!) is a huge win.

Pros: You can quickly track investments, keep your portfolio in check and import a variety of different types of transactions. This helps you get up and running quickly, especially when you're moving from another system.

Cons: There are still some limitations with Quicken that have been around for quite a while. It would be nice to have a warning when you're getting "close" to spending through your budget, but that's not a core function of the system. Small tweaks could make this platform much more user friendly and useful!

• Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Lois A.
Accounts payable, receivable, bookkeeper, Mother to owner, of site support for all items working directly with owner.
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/13

"Quicken for Small Biz"

Pros: Ability to get reports.. plus the ability to generate you own. I often use the same reports and i can save my own

Cons: The side bar seems to get in the way. I feel as if I am sometime chasing it to work in my register.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/13
Matthew S.
Physician
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/03

"Cost may be an issue"

Comments: Quicken works well for my business. Functionality is great, but don't want to pay monthly for a subscription that really doesn't do a lot from me.

Pros: Quicken makes a nice P&L report. My transactions are automatically downloaded from my bank so it makes data entry a breeze.

Cons: Software was much better before they went subscription based. I can still use the software but unable to automatically download my transactions from the bank unless I subscribe.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/03
Suresh P.
Mr
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/30

"Use it for personal investment tracking"

Comments: Would like it to integrate directly with QB if not all brokerage firms are available for downloading statements. Otherwise, great for regular money matters.

Pros: That it allows me to track all my transactions in several of my investment accounts. the links to all the major brokerage firms is very convenient.

Cons: That many brokerage firms that are not listed for automatic transactions makes it tedious to manually enter them. Often times this make for data entry errors.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/30
Daphne M.
Consultant
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/19

"Quicken and updates errors"

Comments: Like the software overall.

Pros: I have been using Quicken for almost 2 years. The ease of the reporting and categorizing the expenses is very easy to do. The resultant reports for tax purposes is great.

Cons: Until a month ago everything was good. Now I cannot get my bank account to sync with Quicken. I have performed all the troubleshooting recommendations with no success. Each time i deactivate an account I have to wait two days before I can see if this function worked. Two weeks and no success. Also, Quicken tells me that the error is not my banks issue but Quickens.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/19
Patrick F.
Sr. Applications Engineer
Design, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/11

"Quicken"

Comments: It has helped us very much in the long run over the years to be able to keep an eye on our money.

Pros: It is a great program to use to track everything we do and compare to the bank statements. Nice to be able to find items and categorize as well.

Cons: There aren't a lot of things I don't like, I am not an expert in it, but most the things I have done have been pretty easy.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/11