• Overall
    4,5 /5

About Flock

Flock is team collaboration tool that helps you get work done, only faster! Trusted by over 32000 businesses globally.

Learn more about Flock

Hannah R.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"The Team Communication Tool We Needed"

Comments: Keeping all team communication in one place is exactly the solution we needed, elevating our team from seperate chats and email threads. It has organized our team and keeps everything organized and archived if we ever need to draw on what was previously said.

Pros: I like the intergrated tools that make managing projects within our team so much easier! For example, the to-do lists that you are able to create between team members keeps us on track and organized.

Cons: I haven't found to many things to dislike about Flock, the only pain point with the free version is only allowing the (1) administrator to post to announcements. Our team made a seperate channel so that relevant leaders could post announcements.

Ron G.
Dir Business Development
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/03

"We Chose as an Alternative to Slack"

Comments: As we are all working remotely now, Flock is especially useful for everything from early morning check-in to quick sharing of files.

Pros: Having used Slack with several organizations, I was familiar with the benefits of a direct real-time communications platform tailored to enhance work activities. In choosing for our small company, we found Flock to be a better alternative both cost-wise and overall look and feel. The ability to bring in guests on specific projects without adding to our baseline use cost was a key recommender for us. The integration with Google Docs is very good. Flock also seems to be a more customer-focused independent company, rather than a large public corporation (and even larger now) that will be driven by how much more rent it can charge across its customer base, which is a personal pet peeve of mine.

Cons: Some of the audio/video features need to be better integrated. The video conferencing still seems a bit buggy compared to other platforms, so we don't rely on Flock for that service.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/03
Carsten D.
Director of User Experience
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/03

"The best Slack alternative, and I prefer it over Slack"

Comments: Exceptional. While I'm not a huge believer in the importance of these chat products vs. those of the past, of the ones in the market today, Flock is my preferred chat tool. I've used Slack, Flock, Glip, and others. This one is easy to use, adds more features than Slack, and is far more stable and quality than Glip.

Pros: I never understood the hype around Slack. Marketed as an "e-mail killer," we all know that's true. There are still so many things it cannot do that email can do. Not to mention, it's just another internal chat tool. In fact, the only core differences between Slack and your typical enterprise grade chat client are silly emojis and power user abilities that 99% of your employees don't know how to use, and won't use. Flock, while generally speaking works the same way, at least adds some productivity concepts in the app. For example, in different channels and private chats, I can have working to-do lists with assignments and due dates. I can pin documents and files in a conversation or channel that are relevant to the conversation. Also, for some reason, things just feel cleaner in Flock. My entire team was confused why we switched at first, but those types of features were my reasons. And now they love it, no going back.

Cons: Not as many integrations as Slack. But not a deal breaker. Almost all the tools we use integrate.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/03
Lindsay L.
Group Rooms Coordinator
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

"Great for multi users"

Comments: Simple install, seamless to use and very helpful when working with a large office. It's great for productivity opposed constantly having to physically gather to share information.

Pros: This is very easy to use and great for multiple users!

Cons: I'd love to use it as a multiuser for loved ones if there were a free version.

Heidi P.
Insurance Broker
Insurance, 11-50 Employees

"Flock Review 2019"

Comments: Flock helps us connect as staff, as our company is spread over 3 towns.

Pros: - easy of use
- connects staff spread out

Cons: - the notification noise

Azeem S.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/09

"We were using flock for the last two three years and it is awsome."

Pros: Flock is more a collaboration tool.The main advantages of using it are,
1)Flock is a simple platform.The simplicity makes the flock more usable.
2)Can create multiple teams.
3)Can create channels for projects.
4)File sharing.
5)Can create apps
6)Multi platform because of the web platform and the browser extensions.

Cons: The video chat and conferencing needs to be improved.It will be better if you can create your own platform to do the conferencing.It will be better you provide the native app for Linux.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/09
Student Coordinator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/17

"Ease of communication"

Comments: Every time I need to talk to my reporting head or team leader, I can point them on flock instead of having to go to their desk or can send files to them if needed very easily.

Pros: Flock offers a platform for communication that seems basic but has so many functionalities built into it. You can send documents, media, emojis, texts or share a to do list. For those who don't like to go through the painful experience of sending mails for official purposes, flock is the platform that helps the communication flow smoothly between the employees and employers.

Cons: Recently there's a limit added to the number of messages a free account can have and the old messages get deleted every time you get a new message. This means unintended loss of data for those who are using it.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/17
Courtney W.
Lead Practice Representative
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees

"Flock if great!"

Comments: great for open parallel communication in the office.

Pros: This is a great tool for daily use in our office to keep communication open and everyone on the same page.

Cons: I have not come across anything that I dislike about this software yet.

administrative analyst
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/21

"great for business meetings"

Comments: The flock platform is being the most used in the company where I work in this pandemic period, mainly due to the integration with google analytics, drive, calendar, among other platforms that we used before that period.

Pros: What I liked most about the software was the possibility of integration with google analytics, in the company where I work we use analytics a lot and the integration with it was fundamental in choosing the software, in addition to the integration with other software. As a result, many meetings are held only on the flock, without using other, better known platforms.

Cons: I didn't find the platform as easy to use as other competitors, but the integration is still unbeatable, which makes us continue to use the flock.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/21
Rohit S.
Marketing Lead
Computer Software, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/04

"Surprised by ease of usage and intuitiveness of UX"

Comments: Would happily use it.

Pros: Ease of usage and dependability. Availability across Android, iOS, and Windows.

Cons: Search and other apps. Apps are not dependable and UX also not favourable. 3rd party apps and integrations are non-existent.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/04
Renee S.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/01

"Why we use Flock"

Pros: We love the ability to chat/group chat, upload links and share notes with each other. Our company is spread out over a few states, so to have the ability to chat with everyone is very important to us.

Cons: For us, there are no cons to the product. It does everything we need and more.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/01
Mark L.
Founder and CEO
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/02

"Flock is very easy to use. This app has been helping us grow as a company for the past 3 years."

Comments: It helped my company to grow by allowing us to communicate easily.

Pros: I like it's very user-friendly interface. The app is very straightforward when it comes to its features.

Cons: What I like least about this app is that the admins cannot change the team members' information. Having to change the members' details will requires complicated steps. I hope we can give more power to the admins.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/02
Mayank C.
Manager Product Solutions Sales
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/21

"It's good, and very easily accessible."

Pros: Messaging right from the phone. Easily accessible from anywhere.
Can monitor the things right from the phone?

Cons: Getting hanged sometimes.
Too much of Bot messages
Scroll up is very uneasy. It's not so smooth and sometimes takes to much time to view the old conversations.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/21
Jennifer B.
Broker
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

"Great for Work"

Comments: Love it is great and well for a professional setting

Pros: Ease of use for work and holding of documents. Love I can have it on my phone as well

Cons: nothing to change its easy to use and has great benefits other than just chatting and sending messages

Alden C.
Engineer L1, Software Development
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/27

"Awesome in overall !"

Comments: Easier communication

Pros: Ease of use and communicate with others.
I am able to create channel/groups to communicate to specific teams.
It also allows integration with bots to set reminders. These are useful features.

Cons: It updates the conversations slow when using on my phone.
The @all function is a bit irritating. I would recommend to change it to other color contrast with @me, so that it can be differentiate easier.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/27
Victoria D.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/29

"Great commuincation and sharing tool!"

Pros: Its great for file and document sharing. Even better for communicating with either a team of single employee. Love that is displays info on their profile so can contact them easily. Helps keep me very organised with its to do listy and reminders :-)

Cons: Limited intergrations. Lots of updates so app has to be restarted regularly

• Reviewed on 2019/04/29
Anshul S.
Assistant Manager
Research, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/17

"Review on Flock functioning and functionality"

Comments: It solved a lot issues related to internal office communication and the speed of software makes its a way better product in comparison to other products in same category. It also has Emojis, so, yeah, this is another awesome feature.

Pros: The most useful and important feature of Flock is its speed and ease of usage. The features such as group creation, setting reminders, profile info are very helpful and strategically places to offer the best working of this communicator software.

Cons: The very frequent and mandatory updates sometimes create lag in the software.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/17
Sudesh agrawal G.
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/12

"Extremely easy to use, we are using it for our entire GeeksPerHour team"

Comments: Easily able to manage my team remotely.

Pros: We love the user interface. It is extremely easy to use. The another thing I loved about flock is that we experienced zero bugs in our use so far!

Cons: So far nothing, however, I requested a feature from the flock team and it is still pending approval from their technical team. If the feature is implemented I would be very happy!

Krishna R.
CMO
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/03

"Best team communication and task managment software"

Comments: Easy to manage team and share files and notes with the team

Pros: Flock fills the gap of tasks management and team communication at one place. We always wanted to have a task management and communication at one place and flock has solved the problem here. With unlimited chat history you never loss the conversation. Sharing files and notes are very easy when compared to other team management software. I definitely recommend this for every team.

Cons: Nothing much they have all the box ticked

• Reviewed on 2019/02/03
Alanna M.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/18

"Team communication simplified"

Pros: What we like most about using Flock is how easy it is to communicate with our entire team, in real time. It's more organized and professional than texting. And more simplified and modern than emailing.

Cons: We feel like the platform could use a few tweaks with how it works and new features.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/18
Jessica J.
MARKETING MANAGER
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/26

"GREAT WORK MESSENGER!"

Comments: WITH A GAZILLION EMAILS AND PEOPLE WORKING ALL AROUND THE CONTINENT, FLOCK PROVIDES A SOLUTION WE NEVER COULD GET WITH EMAIL

Pros: I LOVE THE INSTANT COMMUNICATION, THE CHROME PLUGIN FUNCTIONALITY AND THE ABILITY TO SET UP MULTI-PERSON CHATS.

Cons: I THINK THERE'S A LOT OF FEATURES THAT I DON'T USE BEYOND MESSAGING.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/26
Alison A.
Certifications Coordinator
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

"Flock"

Comments: Has helped us a bunch with communication.

Pros: Very easy to use and for all of us in this office to stay connected without having to get up from our desks or call to ask or question or share something with the team.

Cons: We like every feature of Flock and cannot think of anything to change.

Attorney
Law Practice
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/12

"Flock is an indispensable tool for my firm"

Comments: Much better team collaboration and time management

Pros: Cross-platform operation, integrations with other apps/software, ease of use and overall speediness of the app

Cons: The desktop app could use some optimizations, as sometimes it's slow to retrieve search results. Also integration with Outlook would be a game changer.

Rithvik P.
Chief Executive Officer
Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/11

"Looks like the best team communication app"

Comments: Solved the problem of team communication and shared tasks great way to manage your team

Pros: Team communication at its best, Notes, to-do, shared to-do list, automation and many other features which helps you run the business. This is not just a communication app it is

Cons: I wish there are kanban type of task lists so that its more easy for us to figure out and add resoureses to the

• Reviewed on 2019/02/11
Richard C.
Tech Support Engineer
Computer & Network Security, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/02

"Personal Review of Flock"

Comments: We use Flock for the ability to communicate from tech to tech and supervisors if needed. It also provides us the ability to chat with or other departments in the area.

Pros: • Ease of use
• The ability to have more than one group when needed
• The ability to share all kinds of data
• The standalone app for PC and Phones

Cons: I really have not found too much I do not like about the software application

• Reviewed on 2019/05/02