GigaTrak Asset Tracking System Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About GigaTrak Asset Tracking System

GigaTrak Asset Tracking Software, a powerful easy to use solution to manage all of your stuff. Call us today!

Learn more about GigaTrak Asset Tracking System

Kyle J.
Assistant Director - Events & Conference Services
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/14

"Changed the way we take inventory"

Comments: Again, the savings in time and money as well as increased accuracy were substantial.

Pros: The GigaTrak system dramatically changed how we handle inventory, the accuracy of our inventory numbers, and the amount of time/labor hours spent taking inventory. Once the system is set up and bar codes are established, we had an up to the minute count on all of our materials and information about who checked them out.

Cons: It was a little cumbersome to set up, but that was purely because of how our previous system was organized. Once that was handled, it worked seemlessly.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thank you for your feedback and being a long-time customer! We are so happy the system accomplishes your needs while saving money! We are here to help if you need anything!

Gary T.
I.T. Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/21

"Quality product easy to learn and implement"

Pros: product was easy to implement and easy to learn, it was adaptable to our needs

Cons: do not really have any cons yet the product has done everything I needed.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks for the feedback Gary! We are here to help if you need anything!

Louis M.
Warehouse assistant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

"GigaTrak"

Comments: Customer service is great. Excellent product.

Pros: This tracking tool is the best tool tracking system I ever use. Is very easy to deal with it.

Cons: No bad comments I love it. I like everything overall.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks Louis! Our programmers have worked extremely hard to make sure the system is very easy to setup and use on a daily basis! We are happy to hear the system is working out well for your company!

Greg B.
Safety, Quality & Procurement Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees

"Tool Trackinig"

Comments: Overall the experience with GigaTrak is very positive.

Pros: I find GigaTrak easy to use and it meets most of our needs.

Cons: In honesty, the only issue I have is when I am looking for some reporting but it's a very small concern.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks for the feedback Greg! If there is a specific report that we don't offer, we can create a custom one for you! Feel free to email [email protected] for a quote!

Vicki T.
Technical Support Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

"Asset Tracking Software"

Comments: My experience has been good! I think this is an excellent Asset Tracking software system and I highly recommend it!

Pros: The software is easy to learn, and easy to use. The reports are an awesome feature. The cost is well within our budget I love adding photos to each asset, and printing a copy of the Asset values by employee. I look forward to using the software each time we add a new piece of computer or phone equipment. The ability to backup to our own server helped sell this product!

Cons: I can't think of any cons, as this is the software we have needed for a long time.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks for your response Vicki! We love that we can provide our customers with a number of hosting options so that they have a choice whether they want to go Cloud or stay self-hosted. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with in the future!

Mickey P.
Technical Service Supervisor
Events Services, 51-200 Employees

"Ease of use"

Pros: The maintenance is easy like adding and removing gear or retiring a piece of equipment.

Cons: It can be confusing when first getting started knowing how to catalog items.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks for your review Mickey! I know learning and understanding a new piece of software can be a daunting task. Feel free to check out our online Client Center (found on our website) for a number of great resources including videos and documentation on cataloging items.

David R.
Asset Manager / IT Tech
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/14

"Great tool for first time asset managment!"

Comments: I have had a very positive experience using Gigatrak, and have recommended it to our other departments.

Pros: I went from manually entering serial numbers and asset tag numbers into multi-sheet excel documents to easily scanning and tagging with Gigatrak, it was game changing.

Cons: I admit the interface took some getting used to as with any software, but once I became familiar with it, I felt more confident and the software grew on me.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

We appreciate your recommendations David! We have hundreds of users using the system in a school-type setting as it's great for keeping track of everything from furniture, to computer equipment checked out to students, to consumable material such as ink toner. With unlimited assets, we grow as you grow.

Mark G.
Contruction Maintenance Administrator
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees

"Excellent Product"

Comments: we currently use this system with tool control it has save us time from using pencil and pen to dependable technology, we are considering using it for chemical control

Pros: Ease of use and excellent customer service

Cons: downloading the first time, just to confusing

systems engineer
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Easy to use"

Comments: I like the way how you import /export feature, you can use it straight hand scanner, makes life easier

Pros: check in/out, gives you multiple options to install either SQL and Access DB

Cons: Handscanner software, That would be great if we can use web-based system

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks for the review! We do offer a cloud-based tracking system that is completely hosted by GigaTrak! Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for more info!

Stacy P.
Counselor
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"Great product to keep track of expensive robotics equipment and tools!"

Pros: It easily allows you to keep track of expensive STEM school products that students need and track where the tools/items are and who has them!

Cons: Somewhat expensive and takes some time to get started but worth the initial set u and money you save by not replacing tools.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/19
Michael W.
maintenance Manager
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees

"Giga trak"

Comments: I will need more trianing on how to work the this product.

Pros: Very good idea to manage stock and assets of your property

Cons: I find it hard to use. Can not find a happy place with this product.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Hey Mike, we are here to help! Feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions you might have. We also provide all customers with a detailed online training session as well as an online Client Center with videos, documentation and user manuals that can be accessed 24/7!

Steven M.
Operation Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/14

"GigaTrak Asset Tracking System review"

Comments: Have to start from scratch to build program

Pros: Be able to track tools and show where they are

Cons: Set up is hard and wanting to make sure that we set it up correctly

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks for your review Steve! Setting up any new system is going to take time! The good news is that once it's done it's done and now you have a complete detailed list of all your assets if needed for things like insurance purposes, state mandates, filing taxes, etc. Let us know if you need help with anything in the future!

Michael H.
Engineering Technician
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees

"GigaTrak Review"

Comments: Satisfied user. Will recommend for anyone looking to enhance their company's organization.

Pros: Easy to use. Functionality. Excellent customer support.

Cons: Encountered some technical issues when trying to create a barcode. Customer service quickly responded with helpful support.

Scott W.
Network Administrator
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/21

"Bar Code tracking made easy"

Pros: This software allows for easy management of bar codes.

Cons: Technical issues often require a registry fix.

Simon L.
Pharmaceutical Process Engineer
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/30

"GigaTrak Features"

Comments: Tracks who has the barcoded document as intended.

Pros: Very simple to use. The barcode scanner is easy to operate and works well.

Cons: Desktop software is pretty basic. It works but why you have to have your date and time in American in order for it to work correctly is ludicrous. It should work with any date and time setting, especially as Day/Month/Year is widely accepted around the world as the most sensible.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/30
Drew R.
Administrative Assistant
Banking, 51-200 Employees

"Very Useful Product"

Comments: For the most part it has been a really good experience. The more I use it the more I realize as to what it does. I really like all the different reports you can generate also.

Pros: I like how you can assign an asset to an individual and then keep track of the history of that asset as to who used it last. I also like how you can look each individual asses up by the asset number assigned to it.

Cons: I wish there was a mobile app I could use to scan the asset bar code so I didn't have to run back and forth to the computer to enter an asset's number. We bought a scanner but hardly ever use it. I typically open the note app on my iphone and keep track of what asset numbers need to be assigned to different users. It would save so much time if there was an app I could use to scan the bar codes of the assets.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Hey Drew! We now have a mobile app available for our Asset Tracking System that can accomplish just what you are looking for! Feel free to reach out to [email protected] to learn more about it!

Jeanie F.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

"GigaTrak Review"

Comments: I am greatly pleased with GigaTrak. Not only the program itself but with the support and customer service. They are continually updating and growing which keeps the program matching our needs as we grow.

Pros: This program is one of the easiest programs to use that I have had experience with. It has helped our school district tremendously in maintaining better inventory records.

Cons: My only dislike is that the program seems to be more " GigaTrak barcode" driven and we inventory using our own asset tags/numbers. So when trying to search for a device in some reports our asset number will not flow through, only the GigaTrak barcode number will show. So it requires more work on our end.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Appreciate the feedback Jeanie! We do rely heavlily on barcode as the unique identifier for an asset. We do allow customers to check out/in an asset with either barcode or asset number! We can also create custom reports for you that can include the information you are looking for. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for a quote!

Maria R.
Utility Clerk/Property Control Manager
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/14

"My Experience with GigaTrak"

Pros: What I like the most about this software is that it is very easy to understand, and to follow thru. The assets are easy to find with all the many search criteria that it has. I like the reports, and the ability to add more than one picture or document to each asset.

Cons: What I like the least about this software, is that every time that I search a bar code list for a location the order of the assets is different every time. It would be better if the order would always pull up by the smallest number to biggest number. Another thing would be good to have is the picture of the asset printed on the "print bar code list."

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks for the feedback Maria! We provide many different fields that allow you to track very detailed information about an asset and search by that criteria. When searching for an asset using filters on the F1 tab, you can easily sort by barcode by clicking on the Barcode column header. This setting will save for your next search. Also, we are always adding feature requests to the system so I will be sure to put down adding a picture to the barcode list! Thanks for being a GigaTrak user!

Joe M.
Operations Supervisor
Broadcast Media, 11-50 Employees

"GigaTrak Overview"

Comments: Our media library houses thousands and thousands of broadcast tapes and drives. The older library system was archaic and GigaTrak helped resolve the challenges we encountered and is still working fine after 9-years of usage.

Pros: Easy use and quick to comprehend for newer users.

Cons: The earlier versions of the software were not as user friendly but changes were made that catered more to our type of business (see below)

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks for being a valued customer! We are always working to better our product and add feature updates as our customers needs change. We appreciate your feedback!

Chris M.
leaderman
Oil & Energy, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Easy to use software"

Comments: I like the fact that with little training i was able to get around to the information that i use on a daily basis. ease of operation.

Pros: Being able to navigate thru the user interface.

Cons: i have no issues or complaints with this software. Once the program is loaded the process for navigating is straight forward

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks for the feedback Chris! We truly appreciate it!

John B.
Technical Specialist / Parts Specialist
Utilities, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/22

"A Whole Different Experience"

Comments: We are --finally-- getting a grip on the inner workings of our Tool Repair Shop. Business metrics were previously difficult to acquire and to work with. Prioritizing work was a difficult manual process, and communicating with our customers was problematic at best. Now, with the new system, and the GigaTrak Team behind it, our Tool Repair Shop, and company as a whole, is sure to benefit.

Pros: Simply put, the software is everything that we need it to be, and will likely perform beyond expectations. The company's personnel and customer focus is by far, the best I've experienced, bar none. Working with the folks at GigaTrak made me feel that we were colleagues working for the same company and on the same project. Their positive, friendly attitudes made it a pleasure to work with their personnel and their product. Well done, GigaTrak!

Cons: Minor aspects of the program could be refined to suit our application a little better. This being said, I am confident that working together with GigaTrak will surely lead to future enhancements.

Greg B.
Tool Crib / Lab Technician
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

"School Edition"

Comments: No more lost or misplaced tools! I have it set-up so the tools are signed out to a certain instructor, this puts the responsibility on to them to make sure that their students return the borrowed tools at the end of each day.

Pros: I have a much easier time keeping track of the tools that leave my tool room. The system gives you different options to check the tools out too. you can check out with the scanner or manually enter the number you have created for that tool, I find this especially handy to keep the students working quickly.

Cons: There is no where in the software to input a location within your tool room location.(shelf location). However I was still able to put it under "notes" and this seems to work well.

Mark G.
Construction MAintenance Administrator
Government Relations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/17

"Tool Control and Inventory"

Comments: We are in the process of expanding the Giga Trak system into other areas of this agency

Pros: A great way to track my tools and inventory, when it was checked in or out and who to

Cons: importing all our files into the system

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Appreciate the review Mark! Feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you need any help with your import!

Calvin G.
Shop Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/25

"Great program"

Pros: We are very happy with our Gigatools program, it has been a great asset to this business

Cons: Really there is not much to say, everything is great

• Reviewed on 2018/10/25
Shawn B.
IT Manager
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/20

"GigaTrak Works"

Pros: Gigatrak does what it's meant to do. We've never had an issue.

Cons: The built-in reports are good but it would be nice to have more customizable reports.

by GigaTrak on 2019/08/27

Thanks Shawn! We are working to provide more customizable reports in the near future! Stay tuned!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/20