• Overall

About Hive

We help teams move faster. Hive is the world's first democratic project management platform. That means that our product is built by us

Learn more about Hive

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Hive before?

Robert F.
Robert F.
Project Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees

The Only Project Management Software with the Features I need

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Hive is the only project management software that is cloud collaborative, has infinite sub tasks, and Gantt charts so it was an easy choice. Also it is not Microsoft Project so I don't have to deal with their insane billing methods. Chatting inside tasks or letting task owners turn sub tasks into their own projects is great. Everyone can keep up with who is working on what and who needs help or what is holding up the project. Sign in and billing is super easy. Support is extremely reactive when I have questions. There is a bunch of stats on task completion that I don't use, but look useful.

Cons:

The mobile app has significantly reduced functionality compared to desktop.

Morgan P.
musician in US
Music, Self Employed

Great for Project Management and Planning

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have been able to create and implement my goals and achieve my deadlines successfully.

Pros:

I'm a self-employed individual user. I found Hive in a search for a software that could be easily used by individual to manage deadlines, projects, and future goal planning all on one platform, with interweaving timeline features. Most softwares don't accommodate individual users, but Hive does!

Cons:

No, Hive is very easy to use and has helped me organize my business very well.

Hive Technology Response

last year

Hi Morgan, Thanks for your kind words, we're glad you're enjoying your Hive experience. If you ever need anything from the Hive team, please reach out to [email protected] Best, The Hive Team

Nina D.
Project Manager in US
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Hive is a Complete Gamechanger!

5 last year

Comments: Overall, Hive has been a game changer for us. We haven't had a project management or project planning tool at all since I have started at my company and having this now has been so helpful. The ease of use and the user friendly interface has made the adoption process smooth and collaboration has seemed to soar so far.

Pros:

What I love most about Hive is the number of options you have to make the project plan work for you. In my organization, we have a variety of different project types and sometimes one size does not fit all. We have the option now to plan our projects out based on the type of tasks/teams that are assigned and and we can find something that fits for each one. It's also been so incredibly helpful to have a variety of different views so we can share them with our clients and it makes updating projects so much easier when a milestone shifts or something like that. The integrations also make it extremely helpful for us to share projects across different departments.

Cons:

One of the only cons I have seen so far is the Jira integration. We have a software team that operates solely through Jira and while that works for them, we've been trying to bridge the gap between Jira and Hive so that we can work efficiently. I just wish that the integration with Jira was a little more robust, however, it's not something that will make things super difficult for us and would just be a nice to have!

Michelle K.
Studio Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

Overall good, can tell quirks are getting worked out as the product grows and evolves.

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall it has been good. We have watched the program evolve and have definitely noticed improvements in ease of use and functionality. Several questions/ functional issues that I have had and expressed through surveys and chats have been modified/corrected, so it's good to see that the company is actually paying attention to how people are using it.

Pros:

-Multiple methods of tracking and organizing projects. -Easy for multiple people to see what needs to be done on a project -timelines make is easy to see where a project is going -chats make it easy to keep shared notes available to everybody -The time tracking feature is a nice addition. We are still getting the hang of using it effectively, but I think it is a good addition.

Cons:

-Definitely don't like the new blue expansion boxes in the Gnatt view. Too easy to rename/delete something -Can't see my notes on Hive mobile. -Wish the green "complete" mark bubbles could change color depending on what the status of an item is. -I don't understand why the subactions of a phase don't stay condensed/expanded as I left them, instead of randomly expanding/condensing upon close & reopen of a project. -Wish there was an option of deleting all the subactions when a phase is deleted, instead of having them appear in a different phase then have to delete each one manually, individually. -I'm not sure if I'm missing an option, or if there is a bug, but it seems like dependencies don't always make the things they are attached to, move together. Maybe I just need a more through explanation of how the feature works.

Glenn W.
Quality Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Hive Taken to the next level

5 last year

Comments: Hive has been a great help managing sales orders, manufacturing processes, quality inspections right down to shipments. It provides MFT with a live overview of all the various projects running simultaneously by assigning travelers, tasks, additional notes, check off lists all on a daily basis.

Pros:

Know Hive is a Project Management tool MFT has taken it to the next level. We use Hive to following the manufacturing process from start to finish. As the Quality Manager, I use Hive to track scheduled fabrication on a daily basis. As orders are generated, the fabrication process is tracked throughout the build, to completion. Quality inspections are reported, and documented, then uploaded results so the team can review results. At this point, the jobs are tagged as complete and moved to the next step which is packing and shipping.

Cons:

As sales orders are generated, they are inputted into Hive along with all applicable documents, PO#, drawings, travelers and additional notes is needed. Hive use to be able to open a Autocad file or Solidworks file, but now, the drawing file has to be downloaded then opened. This is an extra step we didnt have to do in the past. The recent update eliminated the ability to open these files from Hive.

Hive Technology Response

9 months ago

Hi Glenn! Apologies for the inconvenience. We've set to work righting this error and you should be back to normal within the week. Thanks again!

Kathleen P.
Client Relations Manage in US
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

Best Task Management System Ever Created

5 2 years ago

Comments: As a Health benefits office, this program makes every task we do easy to complete and with the utmost efficiency that the task is absolutely done or what needs to be done to complete it.

Pros:

I love how simple it is to create the task cards and customize them any way necessary.

Cons:

Once something is deleted such as a comment or a picture it is permanently deleted.

Tyler B.
Founder in US

Hive Changed my life

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Hive is the single best end-to-end project management software on the market. I've tried pretty much all of them and they hide critical features behind tiered payment plans unnecessarily. I have team members all across the world and we all use it to stay on top of critical projects daily. I especially love the forms feature for standard or weekly tasks. Every single time I've reached out to customer service regarding questions or issues they've been professional and especially helpful to me. They've always known how to help, gone out of their way to make sure I was satisfied, and given me exactly what I need. In my opinion, Hive knocks every single other task or project management software out of the water. It has increased our productivity, simplified our communication, prevented issues with clients, and given everyone in my company peace of mind.

Cons:

The app for the phone isn't as functional as the desktop app for Mac or the online version.

Darren D.
Lead Engineer in US
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

Hive user

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall it has been pretty good. I like that the software generally is very fast and responsive. The only area which is sluggish is the notes section which is a shame honestly because generally I'd want to see notes open up quickly if Im not prepared to start jotting things down on an impromptu call.

Pros:

I like the my actions section the most. It allows me to just quickly note down actions rapidly and then

Cons:

I think the task view could be reorganized a bit with regards to the UI/UX. It can be difficult to find things, and I'd like to see comments to be more prominent rather than at the bottom. I think github issues has a great layout that makes the conversations easier but still having an organized layout of options on the right.

Jason B.
Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Hive is the Most Versatile Task-Management Tool I've Ever Used

5 2 years ago

Comments: I love using Hive. I have been demonstrably more productive at scheduling out my time and seeing what's on my plate. I love it so much that I've been paying for it out of pocket for about nine months (as of this writing) because my company has yet to approve paying for it (just for budget reasons).

Pros:

Hive is versatile, customizable, and easy to use to track the completion of projects and tasks. The simple fact that you can instantly convert a project from Kanban style to a calendar view is incredible.

Cons:

The arrangement of the projects at the top isn't ideal.

Eddie L.
Co-Founder in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Versatile and solid UX platform

5 2 years ago

Comments: It's been great

Pros:

There are many platforms for organization and everyone has many different types of processes. With Hive we managed employer partnerships, customers, and development items all in a single application.

Cons:

I'm not sure if this is an actual negative, but I wish it was cheaper

Jesse F.
Creative Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Hive for in-house design & marketing team

4 2 years ago

Comments: It;'s been pretty much exactly what I wanted, and has worked as well as I could have hoped for. It has helped us greatly reduce the time it was taking us to input data from design requests, and it helps us stay on track with our large volume of active projects.

Pros:

First off, it's the best priced option I found in my research. It's way below other services. I was happy to find that the interface and functionality did not suffer due to the low price tag. The platform is pretty much ideal for our purposes, design request forms, job traffic, and even long term strategic organization. Customer support is good, generally quick responses and help.

Cons:

A few minor things here and there, like not being able to delete custom fields that I created. I feel like I looked pretty thoroughly for a way to delete them and didn't find it, but I also have not spoken to customer support, which i'm sure could help. Some trouble adding users at first, invite email took a while to get to teh person.

Mary ann D.
Operations Manager in Philippines

Very helpful to my team

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I love Hive so much because this is the perfect tool for me and my team. It's like trello and slack in one! The task cards are easy to navigate. Assigning or tagging people to the tasks is not complicated at all. The forms are being used for our clients' job requests and it works great.

Cons:

App and browser - sometimes logging in is hard because it loads really slow. Some of my team members are always complaining that they cannot log in to hive, just seeing plain white background. I hope you can improve that.

Editor in Chief in US
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Good for Workflow Basics

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, Hive has been a great addition to the company. It feels scalable and the easy of use is nice. I am still exploring features such as Time Tracking as I work towards configuring the software to account for more of our workflow. Customer service has been pleasant to deal with and they are working towards addressing some of the logic flaws in their design. Hopefully within a couple of months, we'll have the tool where we need it.

Pros:

Organizing and structuring recurring assignments for a team of writers who produce over 1,000 articles per month can be challenging. Hive definitely helps keep things flowing. My writers love how clear and concise their workload is presented each day. The ability to change and insert new assignments or move them around is also great.

Cons:

The reporting and accountability factors are lacking a little in Hive. There is some bad logic in their recurring actions that prevent us from being able to generate accurate productivity reports. They are currently working towards addressing this issue, but as it stands if you need strong, reliable reporting and also need recurring assignments, then Hive may not be the tool for you... yet.

Founder in UK
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees

A good choice for collaboration and project management

5 3 years ago

Comments: It has been great to have everything in one place: team chat, task management and tracking, and project management/scheduling tools. Team is really responsive to feature requests. I think this is already a good choice compared to alternatives, and it will be easily the best choice if they continue this trajectory.

Pros:

Different views are useful for different use cases and avoid duplicating entries between collaboration and project management

Cons:

Its a newer product and some of the features can a be a bit buggy from a user interface perspective. In part, I think this is from having a quite large set of features included compared to alternative platforms. However, the team is really responsive to bug fixes and none of the bugs compromise data or use.

Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Junior Designer in US
Design, 2-10 Employees

Head and shoulders above the rest

5 3 years ago

Comments: Intuitive UX design: check. Customization: check. Small expert touches: check. This software makes managing projects and seeing where all of our projects are at a breeze.

Pros:

I'm a designer at a small agency, and we have as many as 12 different client projects going on at the same time. Before, figuring out priorities and deadlines was organizational chaos. With Hive, I know what's due when, who's working on it, what the feedback is, what the status of the project is, and all at a glance. I love the built-in messenger and different layouts for viewing projects. The small touches like custom messenger statuses and built-in giphy make Hive fun to use.

Cons:

I think the notifications section needs some improvement. I'd like more settings for how and when I receive notifications. My bosses are out of pocket a lot of the time, and we haven't been able to figure out how to make sure they get email notifications for the right things. Right now we're still relying on email for some internal communications, but I hope that won't be the case in the future.

Joanna P.
Staff Scientist in US
Research, 2-10 Employees

Hive Review

5 3 years ago

Comments: Hive makes it easy to organize data and consolidate information through grouping together actions by their progress in their assigned project. It allows everyone to know what is going on and what needs to be done. Working in multiple locations in a small company makes it hard to always communicate all your actions to your coworkers, but Hive provides a great way to keep everyone updated.

Pros:

The organizational methods, grouping actions into their progress status, and viewing actions of all the members makes working together as a small company much easier.

Cons:

That projects do not immediately show up on the pinned bar to all members that can view the group and that there isn't a more consolidated area to specifically attach files in each project.

Graduate Assistant in US
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best task organization product!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Hive has made our team task management and communication so much more efficient.

Pros:

I am in love with this software. It helps our team manage tasks, request and give approvals, chat with each other, and connect our email. There are so many functions that just make this software the best I've used.

Cons:

I have only been using Hive for a short amount of time and I have not found any cons yet. I am still learning all it has to offer.

Larry G.
Senior Director, Product Marketing in US

Convenient, Easy-to-Use Online Project Management

5 last year

Comments: We continue to customize and tweak our processes. Hive becomes a more efficient tool all the time, especially as we have established standards across the team.

Pros:

We've expanded our internal team by a third in the past few months, and we needed a tool that would allow us to work more closely on a large number of short- and long-term projects. Hive does a fantastic job of allowing us to communicate progress and share files and news in a highly organized way.

Cons:

It can be a challenge to set up projects because as soon as you assign team members to tasks, they get alerts! We have to create the projects and times first, then assign roles at the end to avoid an avalanche of notices going out to the team.

Chief Visionary Officer in US
Translation & Localization, 11-50 Employees

Great management system

5 3 years ago

Comments: We really loved using Hive for our project management. They are responsive and work hard to improve their product.

Pros:

I love that Hive is continually expanding their functionalities. They are also very responsive.

Cons:

The privacy button notification can be confusing. The mobile app needs more work but it is actually much better than before.

Diana L.
designer in Mexico
Design, 51-200 Employees

Why I love Hive?

5 3 years ago

Comments: We had been looking for aplications that would help us stay organized, and that our bosses could see what we were working on. In hive, they can see what I'm working on, how long it will take me to completed a project ad when I finish my project. It is really fantastic.

Pros:

I love hive, because is very easy to use, it is very compatible with users, and it allows me to see the tasks that I have programs

Cons:

Actually there is nothing that I do not like, since it is what we have really had very organized in the company.

Karlyn G.
PhD Student in US
Higher Education, 10 000+ Employees

Hive works with Alexa to give some smarthome features

5 last year

Comments: My Hive accessories have been very useful and reliable.

Pros:

I like that I can connect my Hive accessories with my Alexa-equipped accessories and controls features like light tone and brightness.

Cons:

I don't fully understand why my Hive devices can't connect straight to my Alexa devices, rather than going through the Hive system, but that has more to do with my limited understanding of these technologies than with Hive itself.

Kandice G.
Customer Service Manager in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Excellent Product!

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I used this product frequently in my old position. Though I no longer use it as much as before, I still help out the person who took over for me. Hive makes it so easy to review and provide feedback to my coworker. It doesn't take long for me to take a look at what is currently taking place, and if I'm asked any questions, I can use Hive to quickly respond. What's most valuable is the ability to organize!

Cons:

I wish there was a way to pick and choose alerts. There are some projects I'd like to follow, but there are too many alerts to feasibly keep up with.

Junior Fellow in US
Think Tanks, 51-200 Employees

Good task manager

4 3 years ago

Pros:

It's a good task manager, especially if you work in teams. If you set your preferences correctly, you can view and have others view what you're working on, and collaborate in different projects. You can add attachments and comments to tasks, making it easier than sending emails with attachments or links to cloud services. it saves a lot of time and it's very convenient. It's the best task manager I've ever used.

Cons:

The mobile app is very bad, useless. (There are 2 versions of it—both of them are bad.) So if you're looking to add/manage tasks from your phone, forget it. The most you'll be able to do is see what you're working on, but not make any changes.

Deputy Director for Development and Communications in US
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

Great Resource for Small Nonprofit!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Hive allowed our team to better streamline and coordinate project management tasks, and played a huge role in eliminating unnecessary inbox activity.

Pros:

The ability to view projects from multiple layouts (eg calendar, status, gantt).

Cons:

With so many options, it took a little while for our team to function on the same page.

Adnan A.
Junior IT Engineer in UK
Broadcast Media, 5 001-10 000 Employees

YAASSS

5 2 years ago

Comments: Perfect

Pros:

Easily interface to use, so simple to understand, very simply organise what needs to be worked and check what has been completed. Jut so simple to use, drag and drop system

Cons:

to oxy, maybe some new designs around here and there would be great, other than that it's fine to me