• Overall
    4,1 /5
    3,8 /5

About eHopper

eHopper is a free mobile POS system including free processing. Ideal for retail and restaurants to speed up operations and grow sales.

Learn more about eHopper

Wendy H.
Finance Coordinator
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/26

"Great for large-scale events!"

Comments: My overall experience was good, except for my credit card being charged for another month of full access to the software. I had made it abundantly clear I only needed the license for 1 month and nowhere did it say the license would auto-renewed/charge my credit card. Further to that when speaking to support (I did that a lot), I was told that access to the software would automatically cease after my month was up if I didn't make another payment before then -- this was exactly what I wanted and had no reason not to trust what eHopper told me. That has unfortunately left me a bit disappointed and not too keen on doing business with the company again if I fair resolution to the issue can't be accomplished.

Pros: What I like most about this software is the user-friendly interface both for the back office and pos software on tablets. Also a big bonus is syncing in real-time as it allows me to share information with my team on the progress of our event. One of the biggest motivators to a team that received almost 15,000 guests is hearing how much of each product was sold because it's more than just a number. What has to be taken into consideration is the kitchen staff, our food line servers, and the prep work leading up to our event. . . all things that contributed to our numbers/sales.

Cons: I'd have to say the transaction warnings. I had paid for the full license but some of my cashiers (1 had 4), were locked out of the POS software. During a weeklong event that saw 15,000 patrons that was a nightmare. Thankfully, eHopper support (Monsur and his manager) came to the rescue and set up backup accounts for us and my trouble-shooting helped get us back up and running.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/26
Duane M.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/26

"Our Implementation"

Comments: Extreme lack of support and or communication, constant login and licensing issues, overall as a POS it would be fine but you get what you pay for as they say. We ended up blowing it up, losing data, and ultimately going to VEND.

Pros: Ease of use, price point. During the free trail it seemed that this product would work as we are still small and new but you must consider future growth as well.

Cons: Lack of reporting, lack of customization IE receipts, entries required that don't make sense, IE departments that don't display anyways, constant time outs on back end and needing to constantly log in, lack of integration with Moneris - an ongoing problem since the latest apple update.

by eHopper on 2019/11/12

Thank you for you valuable feedback! We are very to sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We are always working to improve our functionality and support. In terms of customer support, we have added additional resources with 24/7 support. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/26
Lynn O.
Manager of Sales
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/22

"Small business"

Comments: been great printers work fine - and easy for staff which is very important

Pros: Looks Great - easy for the staff - back office is what i have been looking for

Cons: stock take is not doing what i need Need a fast cash out to help staff when bar is busy need more metric measurements for australia

by eHopper on 2018/08/24

Thanks Lynn,
We really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Continued customer feedback is a crucial part of our entire process. I'm glad Back Office is what you're looking for. Please know that we are actively working to upgrade features and provide things like fast cash outs and improved localization options. If there's a specific upgrade for your business, know that you can always reach out to our Support line with any questions or concerns.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/22
Keith E.
Senior Client Relationship Manager
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

"MY eHopper Experience"

Pros: The eHopper POS Station is a great POS for the hospitality industry.
The customer service was great, there is never a flawless reboot and they helped with every hurdle
The POS is very cost effective as well

Cons: They do not add logo's to receipt
They do not add logos's to the POS screen in sleep mode

by eHopper on 2018/08/28

Thanks Keith. We really appreciate the response. You're right, while no project is without flaws, we prepare to tackle every hurdle as they arise. Custom logo displays are on our road map. Thanks for choosing eHopper.

Laurie T.

"Vape shop review"

Comments: Customer service is where it's at with E-Hopper! Any issues we have with the software are promptly addressed by technicians who know what they are doing and go above and beyond to help us fix our problems- even when it is user error!

Pros: It is easy to use and understand. I like the tabs and the matrix options for different sizes or nicotine levels!

Cons: I have not figured out how to transfer data to my Quick Books Destktop.

Oliver A.
dir
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/08

"Bad support"

Comments: Their support team does not help if you have an Epson Printer....

Pros: Not sure what to say here as mainly posting for the bad support

Cons: support is not consistent... we are located in South Africa...we have an issue with our printer.
Epson printer.... we have to wait until 6pm for someone to help us eventually... and after 20 minutes the support says he can't fix issues with an Epson printer, not supported by their system.... sorry but that is a Joke...

by eHopper on 2019/11/12

Thank you for the valuable feedback! We are very to sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with eHopper POS We are always working to improve our functionality, and user feedback like this is incredibly valuable to our overall process.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/08
Katherine Z.
Product Specialist
Business Supplies & Equipment, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/01

"Great System and Great Service!"

Comments: Beautiful software and hardware, simple to setup, amazing customer service. Would recommend to anyone looking for an easy-to-learn solution for their business. Support has always been available whenever needed and their team resolved all issues quickly and efficiently.

Pros: It is beautiful and simple to learn. Very user friendly.

Cons: The software is great, can't think of anything I don't like

• Reviewed on 2018/11/01
Joe D.

"Very satisfied"

Comments: Perfect! They take your input seriously and implement the changes unlike other companies like Lightspeed.

Pros: They hit the nail on the head with this software. But most importantly, their support is second to none. CSR deserve a big raise.

Cons: None at all. Been very happy with my overall experience.

Danielle T.
Operations Manager
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/30

"Great system!"

Pros: the all in one is smooth and works so well together.

Cons: No real flaws. It's easy to use, easy to maintain and sleek!

by eHopper on 2018/10/31

Thank you Danielle! I'm glad to hear the All-in-One Touchscreen POS terminal is performing well for you.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/30
Viral P.
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/25

"Inventory Managment"

Comments: Overall its seems like start up company

Pros: Back office features have good funtionality

Cons: Inventory managment have less features functionality

by eHopper on 2018/08/27

Hi Viral,
Thank you for taking your time to submit a response. While it's good to hear you enjoy the Back Office features, I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to satisfy your Inventory Management needs. Feel free to respond here, but our Support team will be reaching out to you to hear about your specific concerns and see if there's a way we can improve your experience. Thank you for choosing eHopper!

• Reviewed on 2018/08/25
Nghiem T.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/10

"This company and service is terrible!"

Comments: We are currently using their software for our restaurant, it has crashed multiple times. In a span of 4 business days we have had to uninstall and reinstall the application 5 times. Their customer support has been unresponsive to addressing the issue. It has been non-stop in issues. We highly recommend not using their service.

Cons: Crashes ALL THE TIME, you will not be able to conduct business when there are customers trying to order.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/10
Lisa G.
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/14

"Great software"

Comments: I love this software. My only critique would be the ability to put products in alphabetical order. Otherwise this software does as much, or more, than a lot of paid Point of Sale systems.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/14
Owner/Operator

"eHopper customer experience"

Comments: For the most part, the service fills our need at this time.

Pros: We have a convenience store and the inventory management can be very helpful. Also the customer service is very good.

Cons: There are a few small programming options that would be helpful. For example, after the last update they took away the ability to turn off the receipt printing so that we didn't have the "uncheck" that option after every single transaction. We are in a small community and don't have much traffic but with 100 transactions per day that's 100 times we have to click a button. It's not a huge deal but there are just little things like that they overlook I think.

by eHopper on 2018/08/27

Hi,
We'd love to hear more, specifically, about your need to uncheck the receipt printing option. If you could contact us, at your convenience, perhaps there's a work around we can set up for you. Just reply here, or reach out to our Support line. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide us this feedback.Let's see how we can help!

Full Manager Bookkeeper

"Ehopper review"

Comments: Pos is easy to use. Back office works with Excel which I like.

Pros: Easy to use pos. Anyone can use checkout.

Cons: Difficult connecting to Quickbooks. Although I have just recently tried.

by eHopper on 2018/10/29

Thank you! If you are still having trouble syncing your point of sale with Quickbooks, please, don't hesitate to reach out directly to [email protected] and we'll be sure to get you set up.

Sheng A.
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/12

"Amazing app"

Comments: Very happy with ehopper. Works well on tablets and PC. Does not work on phones

Pros: Ehopper is absolutely wonderful. Super easy, clear and professional looking interface. Allows for easy transactions and quickbooks integration. Really good customer support.

Cons: To really unlock it's full potential you have to purchase the subscription. I would love to just pay a one time fee and be done with it but it seems everything is going in the way of subscriptions.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/12
Justin W.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/11

"You Get What You Pay For"

Comments: Overall eHopper gets the job done. For paying nothing for a POS that is functional most of the time, you cannot beat that. Main gripe would be the crashing of the POS every now and then can be stressful. There is a way to reboot easy enough, but it does get taxing if it happens multiple times in a day.

Pros: - Free to use (for one location, great for very small businesses)
- Manual sales
- Prompt customer service
- Ability to splits taxes and whatnot

Cons: - Issues with connectivity
- Certain functionality issues
(ie. Split payment process tedious, no support for gift cards, difficulty reprinting hard copies for certain type of returns, etc.)

• Reviewed on 2018/10/11
Graham P.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/31

"Good Product"

Comments: So far the only hurdled have been getting our products loaded. The support was ok but it took a day for any help. and a few requests weren't even answered.

Pros: Ease in making a transaction
Functions well
Looks nice

Cons: Quite difficult to set up (loading products and variations etc)

• Reviewed on 2018/10/31
Suella V.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/30

"Great Experience"

Comments: Our experience with ehopper has been pleasant so far. Someone is always available to address any concerns we may have and the software itself is a breeze to use.

Pros: Its mostly self explanatory and doesn't require much instruction to use.

Cons: It wasn't built to cater to a floral shop, but it works nonetheless.

• Reviewed on 2016/09/30
Sandi O.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/27

"Very Pleased with EHopper"

Comments: I have been very happy with Ehopper and the customer service they have given to me. I ran into a problem at a show and I called them and they helped me figure it out and fix it. If I have any questions about anything, they are there to answer all of my questions and I have had a lot of questions.

Pros: The software is very easy to understand and use.

Cons: The thing I like least is that the signature box on the merchant reader is too small but the only other option is to have the customer sign on the register but then I am constantly having to move the whole register around for the customer to sign. I have the all in one register.

by eHopper on 2018/10/29

We really appreciate you taking the time to respond, Sandi. It's great to hear that our team was able to assist, in real-time, when you had an issue at a show. Our All-in-One Touchscreen POS Terminal now comes with a customer facing display. Someone will contact you soon to see if an upgrade would be of value to you.

Jillian S.
Hr
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/18

"Good for larger companies"

Pros: I liked the functionality of the software.

Cons: The price. For smaller businesses it’s not really worth it.

by eHopper on 2018/10/29

Thanks Jillian! Feedback like this is vital to our development process.We strive to balance our features with a price point that is affordable to business of all sizes.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/18
Laz R.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/05
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/05
Iryna P.
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/14

"Used be a good one; however, now it is horrible"

Comments: Will be GLAD TO LEAVE this POS asap due to a terrible customer support.

Pros: Back in 2018 the support was awesome, they went an extra mile in order to sustify their customers.

Cons: Now is 2020 the customer support is the worst in the world. For example, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (if you hear her name, pls hang up and don't waiste your time!!) she waisted 20+ mins of my precious time, she accused me that I'm not paying for the software, as well as she cannot find mb e in the system and stated that I'm a free member who is NOT going to get help. On my question how about the monthly charges for 2 registers that I'm paying for 2 years, she retorted it is for the devices (however, the devices were paid in full 2 years ago!) I cannot believe they hired her.
If you got a dummiest technician on the phone, like I did on May 12th, whose answers are "... I can't find an article... I don't know the answer...!" That's the sing to LEAVE this company.
On my request to transfer my phone call to a manager, I got yelled by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he screamed at me like a crazy person.
That the real face of the technical support right now in 2020.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/14