Finale Inventory Reviews

by Finale Inventory

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,7 /5

About Finale Inventory

Finale Inventory is the most adaptable and flexible inventory management system to support the workflows of your growing business.

Learn more about Finale Inventory

Kristin J.
Operations Director
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

"Hairbrella x Finale"

Comments: I've had an awesome experience with Finale so far. We plan to grow and they assured us they'd grow with us.

Pros: The setup process was very straight forward. Setting up your inventory system can be very tedious but it's very important that it is done correctly. Finale can be fully customized for any type of business.

Cons: I wouldn't change anything at all. Finale can be pretty complex to a new user so I would suggest teaming up with support. They're very friendly and can help you become a Finale pro in no time.

Joe C.
President & Founder
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/23

"A Hidden Gem"

Comments: Since its inception into our business, Finale was incredibly easy to use, simple and straightforward. With an excellent support team and support documentation, we were set up in less than a single day. After that we barely had to get in touch with support, as the self administering factor of Finale is what makes it so great.

Pros: Finale is incredibly easy to use and provided our company the ability to scale up by using additional features of the product over time. Our inventory is always spot-on as the integrations with various merchants and other software is excellent.

Cons: The only issue we hold with Finale is their lack of support for iOS and iOS browsers. One could easily integrate the standard browser interface into Finale with some changes and allow those who have an iOS or Mac-based environment be able to use their existing hardware with off-the-shelf scanners.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/23
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/06

"Finale Completely Changed Our Business"

Pros: Honestly, I love everything about Finale. Before we started using the software, we were using Google sheets to keep track of all of our inventory. To say that getting Finale was life changing is an understatement. It made sending POs and keeping track of inventory so much easier and faster and was pivotal in helping us grow our business. Not only that, the customer support is out of this world. Anytime I have a question (which is pretty often), the team responds extremely quickly and is always willing to hop on a call to help me with whatever I need. I couldn't recommend this software more.

Cons: There are a few features and reports that we looked for that Finale didn't have, but nothing that has really made that much of an impact.

Celina T.
Accountant
Warehousing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/11

"Finale- Great Software"

Comments: We have many unique nuances to our company. Finale offers many options and lots of flexibility to fill our needs and scale our business. The ability to customize features like reports and dashboards is essential for us and Finale makes it simple. Importing data is super easy and fast! Lots of great features and functionality.

Pros: Ease of use
Great customer support
Unlimited user access
Integration with Ship Station

Cons: Every time we have encountered a problem, customer support has been able to offer options and guide us through a solution.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/11
Joseph M.
Data Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/25

"Superb service, perfect for our needs, easy to use"

Pros: We are part of a university research lab group that uses Finale to track supplies of biospecimen collection kits (builds) and lab supplies. The ability to create builds (to track individual components) for our kits is wonderful! Also, the ability to track lot identifiers and expiration dates is critical for lab reagents and things like blood collection vials. Having Finale Inventory has really helped as our group as we have grown. It's very easy to use and their are still numerous features that we haven't fully explored. Pricing is very reasonable as well. The customer service is FANTASTIC! Chinh (Co-founder, Finale Inventory) has always been very accessible and replies promptly. He's spent extra time walking through problems with us over the phone. This company really goes out of their way to make sure their customers are happy. I can't stress that enough. We have used Finale since late 2014 and are currently in the process to expand our use of it. We are very pleased with both the software and the tremendous customer service and user support.

Cons: Overall, we are extremely happy with the software. Sometimes our inventory numbers get off due to user error, especially when our builds change (which is not often). So we don't suggest relying solely on re-order thresholds. This is a problem more with our workflow than the software, but it would be nice if there were some kind of mechanism to assist with build changes and inventory audits (though there are great report features and barcode tracking is an option). We have discussed upgrading to use the barcode tracking (which would probably help alleviate this problem for us), but have not made that commitment. The ability to control user permissions and access (like completely separating inventory) is also a little limited, but we haven't really had problems from this. Finale does allow you to assign inventory to different custom locations, but we did decide to get a second account to fully separate our inventory tracking between two groups that never share inventory. On the other hand, being able to share inventory and easily move items from one location to another is also a great benefit.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/25
Kevin K.
CFO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/14

"Without good customer service, even the best software is pretty much worthless."

Comments: Simple inventory that fits how we work.

Pros: Finale Inventory is very easy to use, not overly-built and accessible to the small-medium sized business who do not need a complicated ERP management type system. Right out of the gate, it is very easy to set up and start using, so that you can be productive in the first day. Simply start where you need, and build outward from there. There is no need to make things complicated. You can start small and add things in as you need. The concept of a "build" is especially helpful to assist in managing products that are parts of other stock inventory products, and you can utilize this concept for as many layers as makes sense. For instance, several products can be included into another product "build". That product can then one of several products that make up another product "build". And so on, and so on. You can make things as granular or as broad as you need, and Finale Inventory will assist in this process, without limiting your style of work. It is web-based so that it is accessible anywhere you are traveling. Finale Inventory has everything a basic inventory system should have, without the overwhelm usually associated with such systems. Customer service is extremely responsive and superb. We recently asked for a report that we needed for stock takes - on a Sunday night. On Monday morning, it was finished. EXCELLENT! Highly recommended to test drive , you won't be disappointed.

Cons: A web interface has it's limitations, but even that is being improved! Being in the cloud make internet connectivity necessary when using. No surprises there.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/14
Steve B.
  • Reviewed on 2015/11/23

"Finale is the best SMB inventory, orders and returns management system on available on the market!"

Comments: We've been searching the right system to take our company to the next level, lowering working hours and human errors in managing our inventory, sales and especially returns.
We've been checking 13 different cloud based software solutions and were mainly interested in 3 features:
1. Manage and sync inventory between our online platforms, Amazon and Magento and offline wholesale orders - so there will be no sells for out of stock items.
2. Manage and sync orders between our online based platforms, shipping platform, ShipStation and our accounting software, QBO - so we won't have to retype those fields to create invoices and payments and prevent human errors in this important area.
3. Manage returns - simply as that! I can't believe that an item based business (not a service based) doesn't manage it's returned orders same as it's outgoing orders.
Too much to ask?
So first, apparently, very few of the 13 platforms we checked have a returns management system. Some is still in development and most of them don't even have it.
Finale has a simple Sale Return feature that does just that in a very smart manner.
Second, most platforms sync automatically with QBO, with rules that are hard coded in their software. This has created a big mess in our QBO account, creating new customers, orders on a different serial number and duplicate items.
Finale has a manual sync with QBO that shows you exactly what is going to be synced and you can configure it to work as you wish.
Last and not least, many of the platforms had lots of connection problems with Magento, in addition to miss information when syncing to ShipStation like the shipping method, weight of the package etc.
Finale integration works great! all the order information comes right to ShipStation and then to Finale to sync inventory to the other marketplaces almost instantly.
Finale has a simple look and interface which may look old fashion comparing the new fancy looks but you should know to "not judge a book buy it's cover"!.
Finale works fast. really fast! importing new information, sync orders and inventory and many more.
It has many options that helps you configure Finale to work for you and not the opposite.
They offer quick way to import information, use a barcode scanner and many different kinds of reports.
They have a dedicated team that it is a pleasure to contact in any case or problem, and any software have some.
We hope Finale will keep grow and improve and wish them all the best!

• Reviewed on 2015/11/23
Chris C.
Product Sales Manager
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"Finale has been instrumental in helping our company grow!"

Comments: Any roadblock I have ever encountered has been effectively removed by Finales outstanding customer support!

Pros: Finale is easy to understand and their customer service is absolutely outstanding! As a multichannel ecommerce seller, with a robust magento 2 website, B2B portal, wholesale and retail accounts, Finale has been instrumental in managing our inventory, purchase orders, sales and shipping services with simple and easy to use integrations backed up by top notch customer support. Finale's support and adaptability has allowed us to gain in-depth insight into our business. By working with us and our changing needs, Finale has helped us manage profitability of our products, customer trends, ecommerce channel sales and supplier ordering, allowing us to grow seamlessly over several years. We have come to rely on Finale as an integral part of our business, and I can't imagine being able to manage the intricate aspects of our business without it!

• Reviewed on 2018/01/09
Marshall G.
Co-Founder
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/05

"Finale Inventory - Distributor's Perspective"

Comments: The team at Finale Inventory has been amazing! They were extremely helpful with on-boarding; Have routinely answered support tickets during off hours; Go above and beyond trying to find us solutions to any issue; and have the patience to explain situations to us thoroughly.

Pros: When we were looking for a new inventory solution we had one major issue: How can we manage inventory across over a dozen websites, (and through our wholesales program) with some degree of accuracy, while allowing our in-house account managers and order processing personnel ease of use? Finale was a complete and total answer to that question. Pros:
* Simple interface
* Extremely fast and easy for building purchase orders or sales orders
* Adding customers, suppliers, and new products is extremely easy.
* Very flexible reporting module.

Cons: * Not enough group security.
* Needs a bit more flexibility in the interface options.
* Needs a better way of tracking cancelled orders and how they affect inventory.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/05
Roman I.
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 2015/09/11

"Finale Inventory Review"

Comments: My experience with Finale Inventory has been a pleasant one. Before using Finale, I was able to sample a dozen inventory cloud management companies, and none of these were able to fully provide me with what I needed. Either important features were missing or the cost didn't make sense.
Finale on the other hand has been able to provide me with the tools I need to accurately track my warehouse inventory, creates purchase orders, create/map bundles(kits) for online sales of multiple products, keep track of sales, etc.
Although I did run into a few issues in the beginning, they were mostly my fault (due to not understand how to use Finale). Everything else was quickly resolved through customer service (including prompt replies to answer any question I may have had).

Pros: Good customer service, easy to use interface, easy to import and export inventory/products, Finale generates a wide variety of reports if needed, easy to map listings/online sales to products, kits (bundles) which many other inventory companies do not have that feature

Cons: Can be difficult to locate a specific sale or item sold because name of customer isn't listed. Sometimes when mapping items, I start to type and a drop down menu of items appears and when I click on the correct one, the wrong one gets inputted.

• Reviewed on 2015/09/11
Derrick M.
GM
Packaging & Containers, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/18

"Finale Inventory"

Comments: It is a good product, I would not say great but good.

Pros: We use Finale Inventory to track shipments, stock counts, suppliers, cost and so much more.

Cons: Some times when creating new suppliers or new SKU you have to close the program and re-open, others wise the new information can not be found.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/18
Greg P.
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/03

"My Inventory Experience with Finale was and is amazing!!! They have a solution for EVERYTHING!"

Comments: Faster turn times, Less man hours

Pros: I like everything about it. It tracks my inventory, it allocates my inventory for my orders. It helps me tell in my shipstation integration what I am able to ship and not ship saving me hours and hours of man time. Its tells me what I have at all times, so I know what I need to fufill the rest of my orders. Oh and on top of all that the Service I get from the team is amazing! They are able to answer any questions I have very thuroughly and give me direction and solutions to any and all issues that I am facing.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/03
Abby B.
eBay Listings Growth Team Lead
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/12

"This is a great in-house inventory management program for small businesses."

Comments: Managing in-house inventory in an easy-to-use interface that allows you to view sales, create purchase orders, and import new inventory.

Pros: The greatest thing about Finale is that you can cater it to how you would like to use it. You can use some features while ignoring ones that you don't need. Importing items and keeping track of stock and sales is very easy.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/12
Andres O.
IT Manager
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/13

"Finale is an clean, stable and powerful tool for inventory management."

Pros: I think the product is excellent. It does not try to do everything, like many products out there, it focuses on Inventory Management and does that excellently! The UI is clean and intuitive. The system is fast. It is extensive with great APIs and Reports. The customer service and support they provide is fast, kind and personal. I could not be more happy.

Cons: Sometimes I feel the documentation is not as clear or complete in some areas as it could be. But I send an email and get a quick response with the information I am seeking.

• Reviewed on 2016/04/13
Jd P.
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/04

"Good but could be great"

Comments: Finale has worked really well for us but we are waiting on some features. Wifi syncing on the barcode devices would be great and a phone app would also really improve the experience. The ability to combine stocks together as 1 item/barcode would also be nice. However, the overall functionality is very good.

Pros: Support and ease of use

Cons: no real updates in 6 months

by Finale Inventory on 2017/05/09

Hello JD,
Based on customer demand, we have release Wifi syncing for the barcode scanners. More information can be found here:

• Reviewed on 2017/01/04
Mitch S.
COO
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Great Solution for the Price"

Pros: Finale Inventory is easy to implement and brings a lot of value for the price. We run multiple Shopify stores and are easily able to sync inventory between all of them.

Cons: There isn't a great demand planning module.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/09
Nate G.
Automotive
  • Reviewed on 2015/05/28

"Finale Rocks!"

Comments: “Finale allowed us to trade a bunch of messy, mind-boggling Excel spreadsheets with dozens of tabs for a powerful program that tracks our inventory in real time, even while we are sleeping. Our spreadsheets were outdated the minute we completed them and required constant updating and babysitting. The time we spent slaving over spreadsheets can now be used to focus on researching and adding new products.
Gone are the fears of accidentally opening an older version of a spreadsheet, plus ShipStation and Finale work together seamlessly in the background with minimal input required.”
Nate Garland - Samoco Industries, Inc

Pros: Integrates seamlessly with ShipStation. Does all of the heavy lifting with minimal intervention.
Can handle millions of SKUs and myriad kitting options.
Frees up valuable time to focus on other more important things.

Cons: Starting up fresh requires a lot of data entry, but the bonus is that it is a one time deal, plus you have to do this no matter where you decide to go.

• Reviewed on 2015/05/28
Jon L.
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/06

"Practicality and ease of use, access, and usefulness of all features"

Comments: Financial gain due to no longer having to over order, all in one inventory monitoring and sync's with other software.

Pros: Finale Inventory Software is so accurate that we no longer have the overstock of unused products or dead skus. Purchasing accuracy is 100% and if there is an error we no longer have to question if it is user error or software.

Cons: Finales Customizable features are not as user-friendly as the rest of the software. When you customize your screen pdf's and items associated with the front end of what you see it is an arrow up or down, not being able to drag and drop when arranging your customs takes time and is very aggravating.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/06
Mohammad S.
General Manager
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/01

"Great Inventory Management for the Right Price"

Comments: Finale offers inventory management for your online selling channels as well as warehouse. Very easy to use. Some improvements are a must such as wireless syncing and eliminate the need to create lookups. Overall very satisfied

Pros: Easy to use. Mobile device solution for picking, receiving...etc. You can customize product/stock screen view and add/remove filters to see what you need. Lots of features and ability to customize.

Cons: No wireless syncing available yet and you have to create product lookup for everything you list on selling channels or otherwise will not update. This should be automatic.

by Finale Inventory on 2017/05/09

Based on customer demand, WiFi syncing for the barcode scanners is now available. More information can be found here: http://www.finaleinventory.com/blog/product-news/wifi-syncing-available-for-mobile-barcode-scanners

• Reviewed on 2016/12/01
Andrea B.
Corporate Operations Manager
Wireless, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/05

"Highly recommend Finale Inventory!"

Comments: Finale allowed us to integrate our sales, e-commerce and shipping seamlessly... it improved our business!

Pros: The ease of use.. uploading is easy and it works very well. Also the customer service is unmatched! They helped with every stage and made the implementation of a new system very smooth and easy.

Cons: The reporting is the only thing that I would say needs to improve.. and it is customizable which we didn't spend a lot of time doing but I would often have to change formatting to get the data how we needed it.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/05
Richard S.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/24

"Customer support was completely absent"

Comments: It seemed a good way of getting integration between other software that don't integrate themselves but the support is so bad it would be better just to go straight to the APIs of each of the software and write an integration yourself.

Pros: Throw into the bargain that integration with Prestashop does not work straight out of the box and that none of the support staff could be bothered and I'd find it very hard to continue with this trial.

Cons: No support, couldn't get it to talk to prestashop

• Reviewed on 2020/12/24
Justin J.
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/09

"The Best Option"

Comments: Finale has saved our parts department. What was once a mess from start to finish is now organized. The team at Finale has been AMAZING at helping us customize the program to suit our needs. I have recommended this to every person I know. Simply the best money we have spent on Tech in years.

Pros: I love how customizable it is. We were looking for years for a solution to our part inventory needs and finally found it.

Cons: We can not export any spreadsheet with photo info / links included.

• Reviewed on 2016/09/09
Dwight W.
Operations Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/28

"Good quality Product. Outstanding Service."

Comments: Better Oversight of our inventory and better accuracy in picking packages. It also allows us to better handle Product Kits

Pros: Like I i said in the title the service provided is outstanding. Quick and helpful response.
The platform is easy to understand and you can customize the reports to fit your needs
It is very intuitive.

Cons: The look of the product is bland. It is text based menu system. It works, but lacks the finished polish that other products i work with have.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/28
Tariq B.
Business Operations Manger
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/07

"it does not save data properly"

Comments: need to properly save data then this will be the best inventory system on the market

Pros: easy to use and they constantly apply updates to the system. easy to receive inventory and system is adaptable

Cons: if you try to edit an existing order it does not save the change sometimes which causes me to constantly have to edit the same order multiple times and re-sync the scanner so I can pick the order. This also causes inventory to over sell which caused a big headache because now I have to contact the customer to cancel the order which they are not always happy about. I also would recommend auto-instant wifi sync as this will also minimize mistakes if you operate on more than one scanner

• Reviewed on 2017/06/07