15 years helping South African businesses

About Whova

Cloud-based software with event app, event registration, event marketing, and event management for in-person/virtual/hybrid events.

Learn more about Whova

Pros:

An integrated innovative managerial approach in making the event more lively. As well paves the way for the interconnection of participants and panel members in an exemplary way.

Cons:

When you do that, the window closes, so what’s the point of that useless button.

Whova ratings

4.7

9.3/10

Whova has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 2,064 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Whova before?

Filter reviews (2,064)

Owner and Consultant in US
Military, Self Employed

Whova is great!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This was actually the first time using it at a conference. I really enjoyed it, and made note-taking super easy, since I was able to take pictures and then add them to my OneNote immediately with the notes I typed. The ease of the information of the agenda, the speakers, and the attendees were really helpful to connect with them after the app.

Pros:

Whova allowed me to easily see the agenda, and the speakers with their bios and Linkedin capabilities made it really easy to network. I was allowed to chat with them in the app, and thus meet them at break or after the days end. Conferences are just about networking, as the information presented.

Cons:

Connect to a computer app or online software, so that information is easily integrated between the app and the computer. If this is already a capability, then it was not well informed. I use OneNote for all my notes across all my domains, and it's helpful to copy, cut, and/or paste as needed from one to the other. Also, I didn't see an option for a separate networking event (where participants can create an event or event link) in case there are get-togethers at the end of the day after the completion of the agenda. I think this would be good to post something (like a FB) that would draw others interested in networking with that group or organziation. This would be something the conference organizers may not have planned, but nonetheless beneficial to all involved.

Ronald
Sr Mger CQA in US
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

Nice conference app

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It did not crash at any point. MOst other conference apps I have used have crashed and required me to reboot or unload and reload the app.

Cons:

Could not find my payment receipt in the app.

Jason Paul
Jason Paul
Executive Director in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Beware of Use

Comments: We will not be using this app again and I recommend that others don't use it either. The sales folks are very much about the upgrades and will nickel and dime you for every small add on. The help desk folks try to be helpful, but are up against the tremendous limitations of the system. This is overall a product that is engineered to make money rather than support the success of the users. We knew this going in and were happy to pay for some add ons, but others were not communicated at all at any point during the process much less in any help or FAQ documents.

Pros:

While there are some pros, the cons by far overshadow anything good about this app. I was excited to use Whova as I used it as an attendee for other events. However, from the admin side, things are not as pleasant.

Cons:

There are many features that cannot be turned off. There are emails that go out to attendees without notice. Definitions vary from the proposal stage to the implementation stage: a speaker is also considered an attendee, although they may not attend and just need to be listed on the paper presentation. The most frequent response from their Help Desk begins with "Unfortunately..."

roberta
Administrative Assistant in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Whova Intel

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: my overall experience with the Whova app would be that I really enjoyed using this app. It was a fun way to interact with the attendees. I did enjoy using it, but I felt like I was on my phone 24/7 trying to get points to be ahead of people, that I just stopped trying to be in the "TOP 10"

Pros:

the thing I liked most about Whova was that it allowed us to interact with everyone who attended the conference. it made you step out of your comfort zone and join in on events without actually having to join in, which some people have a hard time interacting with people they do not know.

Cons:

since I am new to the Whova app I can't say that there was anything that I liked least about it. It was a learning experience. but if I had to choose something, it would be that it took away from the learning experience from the event. People were more focused on earning points through the classes and it could also be a distraction.

Elizabeth
Director. Institutional and Market-Based Research Support in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Whova: Take control your conference experience!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I really enjoy using the Whova app. It really enhances and improves my conference experience and also allows me to access materials post-conference, continuing to be of benefit!

Pros:

Ability to review agenda (by day and time) for entire conference and to select then review my agenda separately. Also, the app supports interaction with an easy to use and reliable poll / survey option, and, being able to access materials for my sessions immediately and to view information on the speakers was great!

Cons:

There weren't any features that I disliked about the app. However, I did not use the networking option very much.

Colby
Development Manager in US
Fund-Raising, 51–200 Employees

Whova is great for conferences!!!

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I love Whova! All around great experience when using at my conferences.

Pros:

I love the many features Whova offers. I have used Whova a handful of times when attending my annual conferences, and I love it. My favorite feature is that you can create your schedule in the app by selecting the sessions you would like to attend. With that, you can also see the session speakers and access the presentations before you attend. Helps keep me organized and even gave me access to the information presented after I returned back from the conference.

Cons:

If I am being honest, I really have no cons to leave with this review. Whova is a very solid company.

Jasmine
Education Coach in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Coach Camp 2024 via Whova

5.0 last week New

Pros:

The Whova app simplified my experience at coach camp. I knew about meet-ups I could attend with colleagues. Reserving a spot for a session was just a touch away on my phone. In conjunction with the app, I received emails from the organizers. The emails included information from agenda to items people lost.

Cons:

I did not participate in the social part of the app. It was a personal choice as I attended with a group I planned to be with.

Malcolm
General Manager in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

A great communication tool

5.0 last month New

Comments: Our conference had various contests that kept attendees engaged and in touch. Whova gave us instant communication with other Whova users to schedule shared rides to the airport, meetings for after hours activities and agenda changes.

Pros:

Whova provided instant communication at our event where attendees were spread out over a large area.

Cons:

It is very intuitive and easy to use. I have no "cons" with Whova and highly recommend it.

Katie
Admission Advisor in US
Higher Education, 5,001–10,000 Employees

So helpful

5.0 last week New

Comments: I was glad to have the app on hand throughout the conference. Made it easy to keep up with others and keep track of my agenda. I think it was a great addition to the conference.

Pros:

Able to keep up with others and keep track of my agenda for every day of the conference.

Cons:

There wasn't really anything about the app that was disappointing or not user friendly

Francoise
Director of Research Development in US
Higher Education, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Info at your Fingertips

5.0 last month New

Comments: I think Whova offers lots of great options for people who want to expand their use but also is good for people who use the basic functions. Enjoyed having the agenda on my phone.

Pros:

Whova provides all the conference information on your phone - no more lugging around paper agendas and folders!

Cons:

It has a lot of features which can be confusing for the basic user.

Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

A must have tool for event organisers

Comments: The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

Pros:

The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Cons:

Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility to include the same person under two or three attendee categories (organizers, volunteers, speaker, secretariat) as the posts are normally shared among a small group of people who assist in the organization. Lastly, even though it is helpful attendees to register via facebook many of them use nicknames which ends up printing wrong badges. I have not used the app as an attendee, so I suggest to offer an option to register via LinkedIn, Academia or other professional websites, inform that the name used should be the same one used during registration and that will be printed in the name badge requesting their approval.

Bruce
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Terrible Tecnical Support

Comments: Terrible!

Pros:

Expansive features, front end support was outstanding

Cons:

They are West Coast and we are located on the East coast. Their tech support opens when the rest of the company opens 4 hours after we start on the East Coast. Every problem we encountered was our fault. We change a setting, we didn’t sign in right, the excuses went on and on. They instituted two upgrades one the night before our conference and one the night of our first day. Both updates threw our who backend of the app into complete disarray. They reply? Sorry. I’m going back to conference Tracker and would not recommend this app if you are doing a virtual event.

Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Buyer Beware

Comments: Gauging an event platform and the countless variables that might be involved is a key demand for those moving into virtual or hybrid events. The marketing and sales elements are often adept at highlighting some aspects, while stepping over others. Rapport bridges the gap. So extra caution is required for decision makers.

Pros:

The sales outline and the simple step videos indicate a smooth process to get set up

Cons:

The reality, we found to be different. They recommended we use Zoom (‘you can get away with the free option too’ - sales) which quickly becomes obvious you will need to spend hundreds extra - upgrade to webinars (- support), a hidden cost. It didn’t integrate great with their system, yet they told us “that’s a Zoom support question, nothing to do with us”. There are other conflicts between Zoom and Whova (eg. using the same emails on both causes malfunctions); speakers logged-in on both get thrown out of Whova; speakers can’t see live video feed on Whova, so have to tandem two devices/browsers/apps. The Q&A is a little hard for speakers to find, unless spoonfed. The voting/polls are either scheduled at time (not ideal in live setting) or manually entered (not ideal in live setting either). We found a key member of their support unhelpful, bordering dismissive and the functionality of their platform for many of our attendees was such that a great many attendees watched off-site (on Zoom). Attendees received other attendee messages but they couldn't access access, Whova passed off as their internal marketing messages in contradiction to the received email subject notifications. Sponsors and exhibitors can't find out who visited their pages or who downloaded their uploaded content (key sales leads that Whova passed off as a 'privacy' consideration). No ability to have an overall attendee-on-the-day (as opposed to booked) list without doing it manually! Many other things.

Erin
Senior Management Analyst in US
Government Administration, 501–1,000 Employees

Whova Leveled Up my Conference Experience

Comments: When getting ready for an upcoming conference, the event organizers suggested we as attendees install the conference app, Whova. I'd used similar apps in the past that were buggy, slow, and were honestly worse to interact with than the hard copy event agenda, so my expectations were not high. However, Whova blew me away. The ability to introduce myself to other attendees and see the organizations and bios of others helped me prepare for the conference in a way I had never been able to - I knew exactly who I wanted to network with in advance. I also loved the ability to customize my own event agenda, but still easily toggle back to the full agenda...we've all been in the situation at conferences where all the talks sound good and end up changing our mind, and Whova made that seamless. I honestly don't want to attend another event that DOESN'T use Whova. I loved it that much. I will note that it was clear our event organizers worked hard to make sure content was up to date, and they did a lot of legwork to get attendees to use the app - without that advance effort from the organizers I don't think Whova would have been optimally utilized and it could have completely changed my perception of the app. Go Whova and go conference organizers for making this awesome!

Pros:

The networking! I loved that I could peruse attendees like I was scrolling through a mini LinkedIn and connect with them there. It not only made it easy to find the people I wanted to talk to during the conference, but also made it easy to find people again after the conference to add them on real LinkedIn.

Cons:

While I liked the way you could take notes within each event space on the app, it would have been awesome to be able to link my notes and the pre-uploaded presentation to my own notes app. This is so minor, though.

Ashley
HR & Training Specialist in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Hooray for Whova

Comments: As a user of Whova, there are several benefits that I feel would be great for any organization who wants to manage an event with several attendees. As mentioned in previous comments, I really enjoyed the agenda and networking capabilities of Whova.

Pros:

I really enjoyed the agenda feature in Whova. As a person who likes to plan ahead, it's important for me to be able to organize my day and know what's ahead. Using Whova, I could not only see the entire agenda for the conference, but I could select which courses/workshops I wanted to attend and create my own personal agenda which filtered out the classes I was not attending.

Cons:

Honestly, there wasn't much I didn't like about Whova. If I had to pick something, it would be the hundreds of notifications I could receive throughout the day. But there are ways to turn those off too... so it's not all that bad. However, if you're one that likes to clear out all the red notification marks, you could potentially spend a lot of time going through the app.

Karen
Operations Support Specialist III in US
Environmental Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Advantages of Using Whova at a Conference

Comments: At the Cority conference in Nashville, I was able to set my schedule for sessions that related to me and take notes at those conferences from the app. It allowed me to set up networking with others in my field. The opportunity that Whova extends for engagement between attendees is phenomenal. All attendees were able to communicate like issues with current software usage, likes, dislikes, schedule meetups, give tips, and just share fun things about each other within the community. Attendees have the ability to message each other within the app, as well as, exchange information. Whova is wonderful organizational and communication tool for conferences. It allows you the functionality and flexibility to stay connected. Even after the conference, I am still able to stay connected and message with my new networking contacts within the app.

Pros:

Whova is great for the ease of setting schedules, networking opportunities, functionality, flexibility, user friendly interface, ability to create meetups, ability to share memories through photo sharing, and the engagement opportunities with other attendees at the conference. I also like that you can still communicate with other attendees (networking opportunities) even after the conference is over.

Cons:

I have used the Whova app at several Cority conferences, and I have yet to find any negative issues.

Andrew
Customer Support REP in US
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

A Powerful Events Management Solution

Pros:

I like the registration features It makes management of events easy I like the ease of handling virtual events

Cons:

No bad experiences while using Whova. It meets needs.

Kimberly
Insurance/Credentialing Manager in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Attending Seminars in 21st Century

Comments: The cost of attending conferences can be staggering. Not only for registration but travel and staying
at the conference. Using Whova to organize the conference allows the attendees much more freedom and ease in attending and tracking where you need to be.

Pros:

Whova is a wonderful addition for any conference. I first used Whova in 2018 while attending RTUC in Las Vegas. As you can imagine, this is an enormous place with lots of things to do for a first time visitor. Whova let me organize my agenda, set up meetings and after hours get togethers, all in one place. I loved being able to look in one place to find what was coming up. This year our conference was done online only. The usual get togethers and lunches were missing but Whova still made it personal. We had pictures, messages, events, question and answers from sessions and even a leader board to show who was doing the best. I would love to attend future events online as long as Whova is a part of them. You truly have a very easy to use and appealing app. Thank you for making attending yearly Conferences more enjoyable even during the Pandemic.

Cons:

I don't really have any complaints. I think Whova has a very appealing look and very user friendly

Barbara
Sales Director, Healthcare in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Whova for Conference/Event

Comments: Great - when we started using WHOVA for conferences a few years ago, it was a game-changer for vendors.

Pros:

two key features that are invaluable when attending a conference/event (speaking as a vendor):1) being able to capture new leads, contacts, gather their information, follow up, manage leads using the lead capture, especially when the attendees have the QR codes on their badges (the QR code is critical).2) having up to date event schedule on the app - with updates, reminders, note-taking, and more really facilitates and adds value to our attendance as vendors. no more carrying around a paper schedule, taking notes in the sessions

Cons:

It would be easier for a vendor to have the lead capture always readily accessible on the app and not have to go to the home page, then go to the leads. Also, at the last conference, the attendees did NOT have the QR codes on their badges (not sure if the conference organizer chose not to do so) and this made it very inconvenience and annoying for attendees to provide the QR codes in their app. we lost alot of leads that way - so QR code on badges is ESSENTIAL!

Zaf
Produce in Brazil
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

If you have Whova Conference is very easy and effective!

Pros:

This app helped me a lot in the meeting. The best meeting app I've seen so far. I liked being able to easily create calendars, connect with people, scan business cards. It was VERY helpful to have photos of people also in the participants section. I managed to connect with many people with this simple plugin. Actually, I still use it to connect with people! Whova has significantly changed my experience at the conference and I will always strongly recommend this to anyone attending a conference.

Cons:

I only think good things about this software, I haven't had a bad experience.

Jakob
Jakob
Account Executive in US
Industrial Automation, 501–1,000 Employees

Whova deserves a WOW!

Comments: My overall experience with the Whova app is that everything you need to know about an event can be found in just the app alone. Instead of reaching out to tons of people the Whova app creates an user friendly way of communicating with other attendees and event staff. Definitely would recommend this app to be used for UID in the future and other trade shows too.

Pros:

I loved that everything on the app is easy to find, like a simple tab at the bottom to lead you to where you need to go. I loved the that the app gave access to service support, resources available, and what's next on your agenda. This was very useful as I knew when and what room I needed to be in on the floor map. I enjoyed having the UID organization to be able to send out notes about the surveys and when lunches are ready.

Cons:

Something to consider for further events is to maybe have a section for stuff to do where the event is being held under additional resources like hotels, restaurants, activities, parking, etc. for attendees to see. Other than just restaurants and people mentioning it in the community area.

Rebecca
Event Marketer in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A great event app that has the potential to be the best

Comments: Whova is straight forward and a great choice for general networking events. For more complicated events that have on-site interviews, career fairs, breakout sessions, etc I think there's work to be done in the app to be able to properly accommodate the additional complexity.

Pros:

Whova is easy to use and very intuitive. Everything is laid out in a clear and easy way. From an attendee/user perspective it's easy to see who else is attenging, interact with fellow attendees, and contact the organizers.

Cons:

There are other event apps that have features I have not yet seen with Whova such as: - Integrations: Youtube, Vimeo, Ical, LinkedIn- Event maps - Conversation Mapping (threads, subthreads, group messaging)

Mining & Metals, 51–200 Employees

Whova Review

Comments: Overall, Whova is an excellent platform for online and offline event management, with a comprehensive range of features that greatly facilitate event planning and management. Although some features may be difficult to customize and Whova's fees may be high for small events, this is largely offset by the quality of the platform and overall user satisfaction. I therefore recommend Whova to anyone looking to organize large-scale events, whether online or offline.

Pros:

The positive aspect of Whova is that it is a comprehensive and easy-to-use platform for managing both online and offline events. Whova's features, such as registration and ticketing, event agenda, real-time communication with attendees, and live streaming, are all very useful and well-designed. Additionally, the Whova mobile app is very convenient for attendees as it allows them to easily follow the program, connect with other participants, and ask questions to speakers.

Cons:

A negative aspect of Whova is that some features can be a bit complicated to set up and customize according to the needs of the event. Additionally, Whova's fees can be high for small events, which may not be accessible to all budgets.

Eric
Senior Account Executive in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201–500 Employees

As a conference attendee and sponsor - Whova checks the boxes

Comments: Bottom line: It helped me connect with other attendees and keep my schedule like no other platform has.

Pros:

For the last conference we sponsored (Goalmakers 2020 National Forum), the ease of creating a booth space and offering a raffle and give away was unmatched to other platforms I have experienced. It tracks traffic and makes the virtual booth actually work for attendance. As an attendee, my profile had sufficient depth and made contact with other attendees easy. My schedule was easy to see and follow throughout. This is at least the third time I have used Whova with success.

Cons:

I would love to see a hallway chat function. My brother attended a virtual conference that allowed attendees to drop into the "hallway" during the breaks. That would mirror the networking that would happen between sessions in an in-person conference.

Mahesh
Principal in Kuwait
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Really innovative with all the updates

Comments: Excellent in all means. Group messages are scrutinized and different tabs are followed strictly. The initial response for this app was very poor from a few of the delegates. Later on this was the only means of communication regarding the conference.Kudos to all of you.

Pros:

Globally connected .We can connect with different types of people all over the globe. We made friends from all strata of the educational industry.

Cons:

Time taken for the response. When we send a message we are not getting the reply soon. It takes sometimes a day to get the reply. This may make us little worried for an immediate reply .