• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5

About Todoist

Todoist is the world's #1 to-do list & task manager to organise your life and work.

Learn more about Todoist

Showing 1 327 reviews

Maszni A.
Senior Web Developer
Entertainment, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/22

"Get organized with Todoist"

Comments: I need a simple software that i can relied on to managing my days, and Todoist is the best option for that objective. It can be connected or integrated with Google Assistant which will remind me of my event on my calendar with it voice.

Pros: The best thing that i really like is it can be access from various device and no need to install the software into the device. I use it as my organizer to schedule, remind and organized all my daily task and to-do list, either for my work task or for my personal task. It is not packed with feature like other project management software, but still can get the work done.

Cons: It lacked of feature that i need and sometimes it is quite frustrating and i have to using other software to get it done. Other than that, It is very helpful in reminding and scheduling my day and not too expensive to subscribing its premium plan.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/22
Norzihan I.
Recruiter
Telecommunications, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/11

"Simple tools, but effective"

Comments: Staying focus on task in hand and know which task needed to be complete first help me to expedite my work load and keep everything is in order within the time frame. It has help with my time managing and i would love to recommend Todoist to every team to try it.

Pros: Using Todoist to managing daily task and to-do list and to automatically notify me of my pending task is very easy to do with this software. Todoist really simplifying my work process and letting me to planning my work and task for the next 7 days. Delegating task in project to my team members can be done simply by giving them access to the project.

Cons: I will be ineffective to execute a complex project with Todoist, as they are missing some critical project management feature like agile kanban board that i need for collaborating project cross department. The emojis in the chat is not necessarily useful and should be replace with other useful feature.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/11
Syamir K.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Best software to manage daily task"

Comments: Todoist is the best software that I has use to managing our team daily task. The calendar let us to planning and add time frame projection for the project, which let us plan for our weekly and monthly project planning. We has a very good experience adding this software on our software collection.

Pros: Todoist is capable to planning and managing my team daily task, whether it is a simple and easy task, or big and complex task. The project management tools that this software provided can handle any project smoothly and let us to communicate on the platform using the build-in chat platform and effectively connected with each other.

Cons: I don't like the pricing structure that they offer, there are no lower plan for basic feature as we are not using all the feature that are bundled on the pricing plan. Other than that, there are limited option in service or software that we can integrate with Todoist that i want to link, such as Jira and Evernote.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/09
Leigh anne P.
Accounts Manager
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/19

"Todoist keeps my brain straight!"

Comments: I have contracts that I work independently - the app helps me stay organized as an individual. I use it for home tasks as well. I also work in a small team and the app helps us stay on the same page without a conversation. It is a part of my daily work week.

Pros: I use ToDoist to keep up with the small tasks and the big ones. I love being able to create a project and add as many little detailed subtasks as needed. I use the priority flags to tackle what needs to be done first, assignments to see who is responsible for what actions, and the timed reminders for when something needs action at a set time. It helps me "download" my brain to work smarter and not worry about the balls I could be dropping if I weren't organized.

Cons: I have no complaints. Everything works for me for the way I need it to, and I am happy with the features and customizable nature.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/19
Tammie E.
Blogger
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/04

"The best "to-do" software out there, hands down!"

Comments: I've been tracking personal things and then my blog and now hoping to start an Etsy store, so I will be using Todoist to track my to-do's for this.

Pros: Super easy to use. I can easily create projects, tags, tasks, reminders in a matter of minutes. It's so easy to change repeating tasks too. I really like the Karma points, it's that 'fun' thing to track as you complete your tasks and projects.

Cons: There's nothing wrong with the software itself, the only thing I would like to see which they don't currently offer is a lifetime subscription.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/04
Alexandra T.
Project manager
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/18

"Using todoist since student’s years"

Comments: I have been using Todoist for a few years now.it makes my time management easier and more open to possible changes.I also greatly appreciated my last year’s statistics of use, which arrived at the beginning of this year.

Pros: Allowance to plan far into the future is surely a great advantage of this software. Just as possibility of prioritization is, with possibilities to diferentiate with colours.
A great advantage of this software is tha I can use it all over my devices, my phone, macook, iwatch and ipad. That is also why i decided to try it out, as there are only few time-management softwares available on apple watch.
Another great thing is that it allowed me to play freely even without paid subscription. I appreciated this a lot during my studenťs period of life.
I use Todoist every day.it is helpful for both my personal and work life.

Cons: Its unchangable colorful scheme. The red is somehow agressive, combined with contrastive white. Would surely appreciate to be able to change colours:) Even though it is great to plan some tasks in Todoist, I am unable to track my project development.I would surely appreciate a update Which would allow me to maybe create an individual calendar, in which I would plan on my doing of the project separately from other tasks. It is tiring to be using another software for this, when could there be only one. Another detail which I noticed at the beginning is a little bit unfriendly interface of Todoist. that is why I would not recommend Todoist to my older colleagues.there are many hidden functions, which I keep on discovering, which I would like to had known before, so that they could have been put to good use.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/18
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/14

"Changed how I work & live"

Comments: I use Todoist to manage just about everything I do, in the office and out. I've found it is particularly useful for breaking up lengthy task lists into day-to-day chunks of activity, as well as for creating plans for long-term work that needs to be picked at over time. With Todoist, I find myself much less likely to forget tasks that need doing, and to approach my work in an organized, methodical fashion.

Pros: No exaggeration, adopting Todoist as the app for tracking projects, chores, and other to-dos had a profound benefit to my productivity. The interface is fantastic, and integrations with IFTTT, Google Calendar, and heaps of other software makes it easy to automate the addition of tasks to your list or schedule. The reminders, though, are what really changed the game for me. Being able to schedule reminders not only for particular dates and times, but for when you enter particular areas is an incredible benefit. For instance, it makes it easier remember to pick something up when you're physically at the store, or to check on the status of a project as soon as you arrive at work. Finally, the karma and productivity streak systems, for those who like a little gamification, are nice tools for motivating yourself to stay on top of things. Many of these features require or work best with a Premium subscription, which I endorse purchasing, but Todoist is also a great app as a free service. Try it out; you won't be disappointed.

Cons: The biggest issue I have with Todoist is that while the web and mobile applications are top-notch, the Windows 10 native app is missing features, particularly in regards to notifications. Sync is also inconsistent with that app. It's easy enough to get by without touching the native app, but I would love to see it fixed.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/14
manager
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/19

"Easy to use and great feature to integrate emails in your to-do list"

Pros: It integrates in your Google Chrome browser and also as a standalone app on your phone or computer. Best feature is that you can make an email in your Gmail a task into Todoist. And when on your computer, if you click on that task linked to the email, the email in Gmail will open up in full. It saves you a lot of searching time.

Cons: I wish they worked more on their reminder feature. I have been using the paid version so I could have the reminders ring on my phone. For some reason, I found that these reminders would disappear very easily from my phone without me even touching it and therefore I would end up missing items to do. Despite contacting tech support, I was not able to find a way to reminders work well for me, but this may be on me. Or maybe there are the tech support explanation was not good enough or maybe their reminders features are not strong enough. What I've been looking for is a nagging reminder that only disappears once you act upon it. I could not find how to do this - yet?

• Reviewed on 2019/06/19
Jason L.
Technical Lead
Events Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/05

"There are a lot of to do list and organization apps out there. Todoist is one of the best!"

Comments: Todoist Premium is a daily driver for me. I use to set and receive automated reminders for tasks, events, and more. I hate paying for the premium cost but in the end I can justify it because I literally use it everyday. I even use it with Google Home around the house to save things to grocery lists and add things I need to get done.

Pros: What I like most about Todoist is that it's integrated everywhere. Mac, Windows, Android, IOS, Wear OS, Google Home, Alexa... the list goes on and on. With automated features, smart dates, free and premium versions, projects, and other organizational tools you get many ways to stay on top of things.

Cons: - Free version vs Premium version differences for power users vary (for example you don't get geo location reminders w/ free version)
- If you have tons of projects and lists, things can start looking a bit wild

• Reviewed on 2019/06/05
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/20

"Good Basic Program, but Better w/ Premium"

Comments: Todoist has been a solid task tracker for our company since we started using it more consistently. The ability to share and assign tasks has definitely improved our communication and organization. The key is to have every member of your group task list buy into the system or it becomes virtually ineffective. The paid features give this application a leg up on competitor applications such as Google Keep.

Pros: The Todoist application is a great way to get organized on a personal or company level. With shared task lists, you can easily communicate or assign daily tasks to other individuals in your group for effortless productivity tracking. Even using the basic, unpaid version, you can assign individual tasks to different users in your group with specific due dates so that everyone can stay on the same page without additional messaging or communication. The corresponding mobile application is free works and syncs automatically with your desktop account. The operation of mobile is very similar to the desktop version, which makes for an easy transition between devices.

Cons: Like many applications, you do not get a majority of the higher quality features unless you paid for an annual license. For example, you are not able to view completed tasks unless you upgrade to the paid version, which can make task completion tracking very difficult. Another problematic design characteristic of this application is that it automatically sends you notifications for all uncompleted tasks linked to your account. While this is a preferred feature for individual lists, it is the default setting for group lists as well. This means that if you do not meticulously assign each task to an individual when that task is created in a group list, you will receive all notifications for that entire list, which can get very overbearing.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/20
Marketing and communications manager
Marketing & Advertising, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/26

"From 10 different task management apps to one! starstarstarstarstar"

Pros: Task management and to do lists had always been a tedious chore for me. I've had to try and use way too many applications and plugins to keep track of my todo list and tasks. Then I found todoist, and most of my problems got sorted instantly. Todoist has a simple intuitive interface for adding new tasks and viewing tasks/project lists. But don't let that fool you, as it is super powerful and as detailed as you'd like it to be. Todoist also integrates with every other programme I use. The Outlook integration can turn my emails into tasks instantly, and the same can be done with Gmail. It also integrates with Google Chrome allowing me to add tasks on the go, whether I need to add a note about a website link to read later or even create a research project based on a published paper I found. I also enjoy using the geo-location reminder, especially when I am running errands around town, as todoist would immediately remind me to pick up the laundry or buy bread as I get closer to my favorite bakery.

Cons: Generally, there is nothing that I did not like about Todoist. However, after a few attempts with project managers to adapt them to use todoist as a simplified project manager app were met with failure, I realized that most PMs still prefer old clangy solutions over new simpler ones (the same issue was faced when trying to adopt basecamp internally).

• Reviewed on 2020/07/26
Miguel G.
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/21

"The "TO DO" List for Overachievers"

Comments: Todoist has evolved with some features since I first used it. I wanted a "To Do" list a while back to monitor and track certain projects and ideas. Instead of a stand alone "To Do" list I wanted something that allowed me to add others and use it as a shareable and collaborative tool. Todoist was able to do just that. And I find it easy to use, setup and work with. If you have ever used a "To Do" list, this will be second nature. I have not tried the Premium or Business levels, but from what I am able to see, they are also very powerful and useful, as long as you can operate your business or projects as "To Do" lists.

Pros: Todoist is a simple as it gets. It is a glorified "To Do" list with features that makes life easier. What makes Todoist superior to your average "To Do" list is its ability to group, categorize, and use filters. While these feature do exist in other basic "To Do" list, they do not have the same simple and intuitive interface of Todoist. And this is just the free version. Want to create "Projects" and track them as a "To Do" list, you can do it here... with ease. There are also many settings features and options, like import/export, sorting, and more. Want more power? Upgrade to Premium and get extras like labels, commenting and much more. Todoist also has Business accounts for all out collaboration among teams where projects can be managed via a "To Do" list format.

Cons: There are no cons I can see other than the somewhat tricky perception that features listed on the app while using the free version are actually part of premium. When using Todoist's free version, if you click on the visible links to add a filter or label, you are presented with a pop-up that tells you it is a premium version. Sort of a cross-sell there, which I often find a bit deceitful. But please, do not get me wrong. If such features are needed, it is worth the upgrade.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/21
Michael L.
Staff Training & Development Manager
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/29

"The best “to do” tracker around!"

Comments: I used to use Evernote and Omnifocus to track my tasks. Both are great products, but don’t hold a candle to ToDoIst. I can’t recommend it enough!

Pros: Using natural language to input to do’s is a game changer. Simply speaking or typing as you would natural speak create as a to do that is tracked, attached to a project, and scheduled couldn’t be easier. Plus the fun “Karma” level tracker that allows you to “level up” as you complete tasks is a fun diversion.

Cons: I wish using the app was as easy as using the web site. If you want to move multiple tasks to a project when you are cleaning out your inbox (and using Getting Things done methodology) you have to select and move them individually. In the web browser you can use CTRL to select multiple tasks. Other than this, ToDoIst is the perfect tracker!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/29
Maciej N.
Freelance Credit Analyst
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/13

"The best to-do list management app."

Comments: I am using Todoist for years now (since 2015 AFAIK) for day-to-day tasks and small projects. It is just fantastic. Maybe it would be even better if it had more integrations with CRM software out there (I use Freshsales), because I am still to find a CRM that manages to-dos in a manner Todoist does.

Pros: It's multiplatform, instant to use, mobile widget helps planning tasks on the go. Integration with google calendar is stellar. Natural language functionality is one feature that speeds things up a lot. The best task management app should help save time ans maximize productivity. Todoist does exactly that and does it very well.

Cons: Windows 10 desktop app is not up to par (unless something has changed in the last few months). The solution was to install the legacy app instead (much better) or just use your browser. I ended up using Shift (app that manages other apps) and it integrates with todoist seamlessly. Could not be happier.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/13
Alex H.
Capital Markets Analyst
Real Estate, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/13

"Daily User"

Comments: After testing just about every task manager available, none come close to the functionality and usability of Todoist. I have been using it for 5+ years and recommend it to anyone who cares about being organized.

Pros: The user interface. Todoist can be as simple or complex as a user wants it to be which is excellent when collaborating with others. I use every feature available while my boss uses it as simply as he can, and we can still share projects and work within the system in whatever way works for us without impacting the other.

Cons: They recently removed a feature that allowed you to click on a Project and see all subprojects and their tasks below. Having to click through each subproject can be tedious (depending on the number of subprojects) and allows some things to fall through the cracks.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/13
Néstor M.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/26

"Simple (but powerful) task management software"

Comments: My experiencie with Todoist has been great so far. As I said before, I´m not a big fan of this kind of software. I´ve tried quite a few other options in the market. But Todoist at the end of the day, Todoist is the only one that really filled all my needs.

Pros: The thing I liked the most is that Todoist is really easy to use. I´m not a big fan of task management software... but Todoist offers a perfect balance between ease of use and functionality. Todoist is a very intuitive software unlike others I´ve tried... It only will take you 5 minutes to personalize it to your preferences, and you´ll be good to go.

Cons: There´s nothing really bad to say about Todoist, frankly. The thing I like the least is that you can´t install Todoist´s Android App on older smartphones. That might be an issue for some people.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/26
Jeanine M.
Board of Directors
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/29

"Todoist helps keep me on track"

Comments: This was the app for me. I know everyone has to find the one that clicks with them. I have been using todoist for over 5+ years and it keeps my life moving forward. I highly recommend giving it a try. People ask me how I get so much done--here's my secret! I write it down and check it off.

Pros: I've tried multiple digital task organizers. This is the one that works for me. Todoist is easy to use--no fuss, no muss. It keeps me on track, allows me to add sub-tasks to big tasks, and prioritize tasks. It works across platforms and devices, plus I can share tasks with other users.

Cons: I do pay for the pro version so I can add comments and other features. However, at $30 a year, I don't think that is too steep. The try to "gamify" it by reaching todoit karma--I found that rather annoying, and I must admit, competitive.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/29
Business Owner
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/30

"Not only for business projects"

Comments: I love Todoist and I use it not only for my business, but a lot of "life" projects such as shopping lists, tasks lists for house renovation or any different life goals. With the new features they implement and Google Calendar it has it all to be organized and know what are the next priorities.

Pros: What I like the most about Todoist is the ability to use it on multiple devices. I can quickly write down some tasks on my smartphone and then organise them later using the PC.
Some other things worth metioning are: keyboard shortcuts for faster productivity, ability to apply different task organizing methodologies, software updates and the overall user experience quality.

Cons: The only problem I could think off is onboarding a beginner user. Over the time Todoist implemented a lot of good features, needed features, but a new user could get overwhelmed and a more simplistic mode option would be nice to have.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/30
Product Designer
Internet, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/08

"My Preferred Task Manager for Professional and Personal Work"

Comments: Todoist is a great, simple tool for keeping track of your personal and professional tasks.

Pros: Todoist is simple to use and yet still has great features. For example, I love the recurring task feature, which is extremely helpful for tasks that need to be done on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis. I also frequently use sub-tasks and prioritization features.

Cons: While Todoist is my favorite task manager, there are still details that could be improved from usability standpoint. One example is the way in which it auto-detects dates. For example, it’s great that if you type something like “Complete proposal by 6/7”, the task will automatically be scheduled for June 7; however, if you type something like “Come up with 6-7 blog post ideas” (as in “six to seven ideas”) it will automatically schedule it for June 7, even if you add it to your “Today” checklist.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/08
Sid B.
Event Manager
Higher Education, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/11

"Almost perfect!"

Comments: Todoist is great! I use Todoist daily to keep track of all tasks. Everything that I need to do, I manage with Todoist. Works fantasticly!

Pros: Todoist is one of the best pieces of software I have ever used. Todoist is essential in my daily life. Without todoist, keeping track of tasks would get really messy. Todoist is easy to use but still has a lot of advanced features.

Cons: Todoist is nearly perfect. In the future, some more scheduling and tracking features could be added. It would be great if I could schedule projects in a Gantt chart and track the time I spend on tasks.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/11
Chamath N.
Chief Technology Officer
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/30

"Multi-platform on working list and the manager of task"

Comments: We mostly use Todoist to manage daily routines and track client's work. The comment feature and the reminder set features are super amazing. You even receive emails from Todoist, so no reminders necessary.

Pros: Many people use Todoist to manage their daily tasks and routine. Some say it is the ultra extraordinary tool to maintain the to-do the list of your's and organize it daily. We use the Todoist to have the trackings of work send to us by our customers including all the extensive notes and the workflow. This is making it very easy and straightforward - to - do the listing of projects, the projects that need completion. Maybe, you get to write a dozen details. You need to make sure that you finish everything in your Todoist to-do the list. So, here Todoist is the best software of all time. Todoist, it has become the most favorite platform for many people. It is a no-frills to-do the list. There are different accesses to your computer and your mobile phone when you are using this. People even love to set up multiple projects, including dates and special subtasks. It also helps in invoicing the EOC of you, so you know what the services given to each client were.

Cons: Limited free tools, most of the tools are not available for free. They have mobile apps but they don't have a Windows 10 native app It would be great if they can release a native Windows 10 App.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/30
William R.
Attorney/Managing Member
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/27

"Bet Product in its Field."

Comments: I cannot imagine another product in its field that could be improved enough to cause me to ever want to stop using Todoist.

Pros: I love the versatility of the product and the fact that it is simple to use despite the depth of its features, and that it can be used across so many platforms (Web browser, PC app, Outlook add-in, and iPhone and iPad apps, all of which I use, to name a few). What really makes the product indispensable to me is the Outlook add-in and the ease of converting e-mails into tasks seamlessly, though I also rely heavily on the iPhone/iPad apps.

Cons: Occasionally, but not often, the Outlook add-in inexplicitly freezes or has a component that is not operating properly. However, rebooting Outlook (and therefore the add-in) generally resolves the issue. The other platforms, which I rely on less, do not seem to have this issue.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/27
Jason R.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/20

"Feature Rich + Incredibly Simple = Happily Meets Expectations"

Comments: This is essential. It's hard to get a better deal for professional task management. It easily meets expectations.

Pros: Todoist is exactly what the average user expects it to be. With no training, it just works. From tags, to projects, to nesting tasks. Simple and straight forward. I love how it syncs perfectly across devices and operating systems.

Cons: I tend to love software that is more unique. There is a lack of creativity in this software. No time-tracking or micro-scheduling. I wish I could tell it that I have 30 minutes of free time. What tasks from my list should I do right now?

• Reviewed on 2019/10/20
Ray V.
Stage Coordinator / Docent ICT AO
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/25

"Todoist Review"

Comments: Very easy to use, flexible, you can enter todo's in different ways and it is really fast and works well with other applications like Outlook and Gmail.

Pros: I really like Todoist in its ease of use and speed. Also the connection with other software is great.
I can use todo lists in Evernote and have them listed in Todoist. I can also mail todo items to Todoist and assign categories and projects as well. Also the use of natural language is great!

Cons: There is not much to not like although through it's simplicity of use you might overlook its real power. It is not bloated at all but i seem to use only its basic features that i can only use fully when i pay for a subscription.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/25
Marcos dias A.
Co-Owner
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/18

"The best tasks and project management application for personal and small business"

Comments: Todoist is the main app and I use if for both personal and work tasks and small projects.
Development is slow but consistent, new features are added sparingly and carefully. Waiting for the deploying of boards.

Pros: Todoist is multiplatform; I have it installed on my Android smartphone, on my iPad, on my Mac and use the web app sometimes. The synchronization is fast and perfect.
The date parsing is unmatched.

Cons: My only complain is about the user interface that is a bit outdated, looks like a vintage software, specially on the web application.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/18