15 years helping South African businesses

QuickBooks Time Reviews

4.7 (6,802) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Time

Schedule jobs, coordinate teams, track time and track projects, all in one place.

Learn more about QuickBooks Time

Pros:

What I like most about this software is it makes all of your clock-in and clock-out times so easy to use and easy to find.

Cons:

Sometimes, my time clock can lag behind a few seconds or miss when I clock in/out due to slowness of the software.

QuickBooks Time ratings

4.6
4.8
4.5
4.6

9.1/10

QuickBooks Time has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 6,802 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Time before?

Filter reviews (6,802)

Sayma
Sayma
IT Technician in UK
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Really easy invoices

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I was so new to time keeping and working out invoices but when I used QuickBooks the learning curve was really low and it saved me a lot of time.

Pros:

I used this tool as working freelance in my previous job. As someone who had no clue with invoices I found the app really easy to use and it helped me a lot with how to structure them. I like how you can use it on your phone too as an app.

Cons:

Nothing, I didn't have any issues. It was really straightforward.

Molly
President in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Time Tracking

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: For the price and if you need to only track employee time - this is a great product.

Pros:

Being able to see where employees are in real time. Links to QBO Payroll and QBO invoicing

Cons:

Lack of being able to customize. Limited features

Manager in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Customer service for Quick books time is horrible

2.0 last month New

Comments: It worked fine but it does now calculate the total pay like timesheets does. I switched to timesheets 3 months ago and like that I don't have to do separate calculations and MOST IMPORTANT I don't have to wait online for ever to get help. Quickbooks support sucks on all levels!!!!!!

Pros:

I have been using Quickbooks Time since it was T Sheets (Quickbooks bought out Tsheets) for about 8 years, I believe. It was a great product under T Sheets. Customer support was wonderful, but when it was taken over by Intuit, customer service tanked.

Cons:

It was horrible to set up a new employee. Unbelievably complicated to make it work, and you could not get a support person without waiting on the phone forever!

mbuso
mbuso
Manager in Zimbabwe
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Efficient and user friendly

Comments: Overall, my encounter with QuickBooks Online has been highly favorable. The pricing is equitable. The system boasts remarkable capabilities, ensuring our financial affairs remain well-organized.

Pros:

Affordability and user-friendliness are key factors. QuickBooks offers comprehensive features essential for our small business operations, and its cost is lower compared to competitors, even when considering just payroll functionalities.

Cons:

We encounter numerous unused features that clutter our navigation experience within the program, causing inconvenience and hindering smooth operation.

Toshia
Beauty advisor in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Best accounting software hands down

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I love using this,my business, my life would be a complete mess without it.

Pros:

I love this application is so easy to use and if you can't figure it out there is help always available.

Cons:

I haven't found a way to change the pictures yet in the program.

Heidi
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Easy, compact, and robust time management system

4.0 last month New

Comments: This software contains alot of time tracking tools, job site assignments, etc and is not limited to being an on-site entry only software system, but can be completed by employees across the globe. Functionality is great and varied to suit different purposes as needed.

Pros:

The fixability of use for employees across the world. Having multiple types of payroll options (salary, hourly, contract, etc) Ease of integrating reports into other software platforms.

Cons:

Not able to add or create a more custom tracking capability based on client/job site.

Kelli
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Ease Of Using Quickbooks

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have nothing but good things to say about Quickbooks Time, it makes payroll, tracking, invoicing, etc go very smoothly which helps make my day go smoothly.

Pros:

Quickbooks is the most easiest program i have ever used. I can see when employees clock in & out, how much vacation time, PTO time, sick days, etc each employee has used or has coming which makes doing payroll even easier. It also helps me to keep track of what jobs employees have finished or not finished & how much time it took them at each job, i can send out customer invoices & keep track of each customer & what they had done with just a few clicks. Its a wonderful, easy to use program.

Cons:

Theres really nothing that i dislike or have cons about with using Quickbooks, it makes payroll, tracking & everything else run smoothly & gives me time to take care of other things in the office.

Clifton
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Essential Tool for efficient business scheduling

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience with QuickBooks Time has been fantastic. It's incredibly user-friendly, integrates seamlessly with other tools, and makes scheduling and time tracking a breeze. The mobile app and real-time updates are especially useful, making it an indispensable part of my business operations.

Pros:

I've been using QuickBooks Time in my business for scheduling, and it's been a game-changer. The interface is user-friendly and easy for everyone to use. I love the accurate time tracking and how well it integrates with other QuickBooks products. The mobile app is great for managing things on the go, and the geofencing feature ensures everyone clocks in and out at the right location. The customizable reports are super helpful for making informed business decisions. Overall, it's an essential tool for keeping everything organized and running smoothly.

Cons:

if I had to mention one minor downside, it would be that the occasional app update requires a quick restart. however, this is so trivial compared to all the benefits it provides.

Jamieal
owner in Belize
Entertainment, Self Employed

Quick book review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Because of its strong labor management and time tracking features, QuickBooks Time is generally well-liked. Its accurate time tracking features, easy interaction with various accounting and payroll systems like QuickBooks Online, and user-friendly interface are highly valued by users.

Pros:

QuickBooks Time is frequently commended for having an intuitive interface that makes managing calendars, running reports, and keeping track of time for both employees and enterprises simple.

Cons:

Even though QuickBooks Time is acknowledged for having an intuitive UI, novice users may still find the initial setup to be a little challenging, particularly when setting up custom rules, permissions, or connectors.

Renee
Project Manager in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Quikbooks review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Good. Very minor set backs when using but for the most part it is user friendly

Pros:

It helps us maintain the budget cost for labor for each of our projects. It makes doing payroll easier as we do not have to manually log our time. We are able to see which employee is at each jobsite so we can better coordinate.

Cons:

Sometimes we are not able to connect to the internet at our jobsite locations and it is useless when we are offline.

Shelly
Vice President in US
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Set Up Made Easy

Comments: Tsheets has helped me manage my employees schedules, track their time, integrate with quickbooks payroll. This way I don't have to spend time looking at a different time system, printing the pdf document and then entering in the employees time into quickbooks to pay the employee. Also our company always has some employee that "forgot" to punch in or out and I was always having to fix it for them. Tsheets gives me the ability to have them fix it themselves or have another manager edit the time. The app is very user friendly and it seems to work well for my company.

Pros:

The best thing about Tsheets for me is that I can use it with my quickbooks payroll and my employees can track their time and manage their missed clock in & outs themselves. This has really saved me some time during my day to give my employees some responsibility for their timesheets.

Cons:

There is not much I don't like but if I have to pick one it would be the price. I am on the advanced level of quickbooks and use payroll also, and for the price I pay for that I think tsheets should be included as part of my subscription because they work so well together.

Tad
Office Manager/Estimator in US

Solid Platform Excellent Customer Service

Comments: TSheets has been a excellent tool that has provided us with metrics that are invaluable. The customer service has always been very responsive and knowledgeable.

Pros:

Ease of use. Ability to track jobs, tasks and employee location and hours. We are able to run several useful reports on jobs or employees. For any given day you can find out where your employee is as well as what he was doing specifically. The employee can also add notes to their time card.

Cons:

There really aren't many cons. If Tsheets offered a foreman's daily report function , that would be great.

Stuart
Finance Director in UK
Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

Great product

Comments: Only having one add on to QBO to do Time, Mileage and Expenses tracking/submission would be great. Flexibility and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Pros:

Syncing employees and vendors who are subcontractors with QuickBooks Online.

Cons:

Expenses and Mileage tracking using GPS would be great (you're part way there with the GPS for employees). So what I like least is not having these fully developed. Note your link to Expensify Integration "Learn more" in the add on section refers to this page: http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/890430 that does not load so I have no idea how it works. Can you please advise how this works.

Bethany
Office & Project Coordinator in Canada

Great Time Tracking Application

Comments: We would use this application if it was included in our QuickBooks online subscription, however, the cost was just not working for our small business on top of all the other items we have as overhead.

Pros:

Very easy to set up employees and projects in QuickBooks Time. It was also ideal for Project Management Budgeting for Time expenses.

Cons:

Setting up vacation accrual was a nightmare. It never did work correctly for us. It was a bit of a process to get projects to sync with our existing customers in QuickBooks online.

clelland
Owner in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

These ratings I've read are a joke

Comments: Someone must be married to the owner of Quickbooks or slid a bunch of cash to them to get promoted by quickbooks the way they do... Thats some serious business love QB gave TSheets. And Honestly, it's made TSheets lame compared to many other competitors with great models.

Pros:

Basic Simplistic easy to understand Probably the BEST customer support I've come across. As much as I complain... they've got seriously good customer support.

Cons:

Not all jobs are customer based... So, this software is limited right off the bat from any complexity.. you'll have to work around and make it work and fit your needs time sheet editing - It is aweful to just see time worked... maybe when review timesheets... you want to see what was scheduled... late clockins, incomplete shifts, skipped lunch breaks... kinda big deal NO HR DATA- As I said, nothing to track employee issues. Your poor employee performance won't have much info here for you to keep track of. Not an easy way to break a shift because your employee was too lazy to c/in and out No auto stop for shifts- one employee had 4 days until the shift stopped recording time... I wanted to see how long it would keep creating shifts.. 180 hrs and it finally stopped (and I think I accidently closed the shift) Time sheet closure... Broken... not smooth... so many other time sheet companies do this better. No Employee shift exchange mechanism No- Shifts by job not by customer No- Shifts by location or job site Employee reports and to do list ADD - ONS... those are silly. Have the functionality or don't. Add-ons seem like it'll be a charging mechanism... like QB does... so... You can see the coming of "SUBSCRIPTION" based things ... and get nickel and dimed later. Just like QB.

Misty
Manager in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

QB's time (formerly T-sheets)

Comments: Overall it was pleasant and I still recommedn the software to my clients that just need to track their staffs time and are in QB's online.

Pros:

I used to love their customer support when they where T-sheets, they had the frindliest staff. Now it's like any other QB's product and customer service, it lacks that personal touch. I used this for time tracking but I needed software where I could easily compare my employee's timesheets to what projects they billed out for the week to make sure they weren't missing time. It's not the most intuitive time tracking software but it was great for tracking my emlpoyees time.

Cons:

It was hard adding holidays across the board, it would have been nice to be able to pick days my company was closed and apply it across the board to the entire staff. Also, I couldn't easily see what my staff billed versus how much time they worked so I ulitimately ended up choosing another software.

Branden
Branden
Freight Broker/ Account Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501–1,000 Employees

Honest review of Quickbooks and Why in recommend it

Comments: I one hundred percent love it and will recommend it to anybody and everybody

Pros:

The employee features are most useful and what I use the most being able to organize. Everything so easily is the biggest thing for me and I love it

Cons:

It did take me a little bit of time to be able to pick up on it and use it quickly but that may not be everybody's case

Tafadzwa
Director in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

QuickBooks Time Tracking App Review (Pros, Cons)

Comments: I'm very happy with the quality, accuracy, and smooth integration with QuickBooks Online Tsheets, which imported all of my projects (jobs) and allowed me to track time accurately for each job while saving me time.

Pros:

"Excellent customer service, good help line, they accommodate our demands in the office. I personally would advise my friends and relatives to use this site. Users being able to clock in independently while waiting for permissions is a victory for us. "Very easy to use, no diverting to other pages, I believe anyone can use it." Your personnel is well-informed, respectful, cordial, and upbeat at all times. They appear to genuinely care about and enjoy their work. The management is doing everything correctly.

Cons:

Sometimes I couldn't start a new time sheet or clock out. Quickbooks has a few functional issues.

Alex
Operations Manager in US

Formerly T-Sheets, Now Crashing and Burning

Comments: It is our Number 1 company priority right now to identify and fully migrate onto a different, fully-functioning time tracking app that offers customer support.

Pros:

When we started the Time app it was privately owned TSheets. We used it for several years without a problem of any sort, specifically benefitting from the geofencing and seamless integration into Quickbooks Desktop. Scheduling employees and giving them total control of their own time clock while maintaining good oversight was a major positive, and the user interface was very intuitive in an industry where people are notoriously not computer savvy. TSheets had it all.

Cons:

We are in the process of migrating off of Quickbooks Time. After striving for 9 months to fix all of the holes in the app we've realized that glitches and problems are occurring at a quicker pace than we are able to solve them. AUTHENTICATION NIGHTMARES Several Months ago Intuit took over the user login tool without any notice, causing approximately 50% of our 42 employees to be suddenly locked out of their time app. We learned about it at 6am when simultaneously 20 employees contacted management with Time app problems. After a couple of weeks of intensive daily support (and no help from the Time support center) we managed to put MOST of the login issues to bed, but to this day we still have accounts logging out of their mobile app automatically every day. POOR SUPPORT If you're having a technical issue, or God forbid a syncing issue with Quickbooks, grab a beer and kick back because you'll be on the phone for a couple of hours, and likely re-routed to (I kid you not) 7-8 different departments before finally having your call dropped. And no, you may give them a call-back number but they will not call you back when your call is dropped. CLOCKS EMPLOYEES OUT ON ITS OWN/DELETES TIME LOGS Quickbooks Time automatically clocks our employees out, deletes time logs, and at the end of a shift when they go to clock out, shows that they never clocked in for the day. Several employees have reported "I went to clock out and all it shows I clocked in for the day was my lunch break."

Jaydra
President, Investigator in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Was great until Intuit bought it

Comments: QuickBooks time is complete trash. Intuit took a marvelous product (t-sheets) and destroyed it by trying and failing to integrate it into other programs it didn't need to integrate with. Maybe it's better if you begin using QB Time fresh and you didn't have to survive the transition from t-sheets. I wouldn't know and it shouldn't have made such a difference. Utter failure, Intuit. Utter failure.

Pros:

I used to LOVE t-sheets because it was amazing. When it was t-sheets it was simple and did exactly what it needed to do: let you track time for one person or a team to specific projects. It had a wonderful reports feature that let you run reports by client or project or employee for multiple types of time frames. It was glorious. WAS being the operative word. Then Intuit bought it and did what they always do: tried to make it integrate with all their other products. Unfortunately, integrations are the thing Intuit is worst at as a company - and also the thing they just keep trying to do all over the place. Once it was "integrated" with all the other Intuit products it stopped working properly. It tried to merge un-related data from QuickBooks and over-wrote project details and time tracked to those projects. It became unusable so I had to switch.

Cons:

The integrations do not work. Once t-sheets was fully morphed into QB Time and was "integrated" with all the other Intuit products, it stopped working properly. It tried to merge un-related data from QuickBooks and over-wrote project details and time tracked to those projects. It became unusable, so I had to switch. Very disappointing.

geoeges
administrateur in Côte d’Ivoire
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Great software

Comments: I was looking for a billing software that was easy to use and easily accessible while I was on the go. Thanks to Quickbook, I can now do it all from my cell phone. Cheap and affordable, I recommend it to anyone who uses Excel

Pros:

Time Management: QuickBooks Time helps companies track employee hours, making payroll and scheduling easier to manage.Integration with QuickBooks: QuickBooks Time is integrated with QuickBooks, allowing for more efficient accounting and payroll management.Mobile Access: Employees can record their work hours from anywhere via a mobile application, improving flexibility and productivity.Reporting and Analysis: QuickBooks Time provides detailed reports on employee hours and costs, helping businesses make informed decisions about costs and resources.Security: QuickBooks Time uses robust security protocols to protect user data, ensuring the privacy of sensitive information.Ease of use: The platform is intuitive and easy to use, allowing employees to quickly become familiar with its features.Customer support: QuickBooks Time offers dedicated customer support to help users get the most out of the platform.In conclusion, QuickBooks Time is a powerful tool for companies looking to improve time and payroll management. It offers a multitude of benefits to help companies streamline their management and improve productivity.

Cons:

Cost: QuickBooks Time can be expensive for small businesses or freelancers, especially if they need additional functionality.Complexity: The platform can be complex for users unfamiliar with time management software, which can lead to errors and delays.Limited integrations: QuickBooks Time may not offer all the necessary integrations with other software and systems used by an organization, which can limit its use.Reliability issues: There may be reliability issues with the platform, which can lead to errors and delays in time management.Difficulty to use: QuickBooks Time can be difficult to use for people unfamiliar with time management technologies, which can lead to errors and delays.Limited customer support: The platform may not offer dedicated customer support, which can make it difficult to resolve issues.

Cindy
Cindy
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

What a Time Saver!

Comments: It saves me at least four hours per week on payroll, so I can work on other projects. It's also easy, clean, and simple to use. I spend a lot less time asking employees for information they were forgetting to write down.

Pros:

This app has single-handedly reduced our employee-touch payroll tasks by at least 30% in under a week. Onboarding is super simple. We've traditionally balked at using an app for employee time-keeping because they usually overpromise and underdeliver. We have a unique set of problems with payroll because we track employee drive time and work time separately, and we have to compare employee time with GPS locations of our vehicles. This is because we have crews splitting off from each other all of the time, getting in and out of different trucks, working on different jobs for different customers, etc. We piece it all back together in the office based on sometimes incomplete reports, and this is the FIRST time we've ever seen a solution that actually WORKS for all of the little nuances we have. There are six user-created optional tracking fields that we've set up to track per diem, payroll notes, employee notes to the office, the truck the employee was assigned to at the time, etc. We're able to set up unlimited customers and jobs (another problem we've had with TSheets's competitors in the past when we've previously tried to adopt an application). And the best part is the employees love it. Their previous option was to fill in a Google Sheets timesheet or a paper timesheet, both of which were cumbersome for them to keep up with. The TSheets app saves your last inputted job, so they just have to go in and change what's different - they don't have to re-input anything. Wonderful!

Cons:

So far, the only thing that we've stumbled over was a minor inconvenience. You can't batch edit an employee's time entries. Each entry is considered a "time sheet" by itself, so if an employee chooses the wrong job, and we have to fix it, we may have to touch each time entry and open it to edit. It's STILL way faster than manually entering everyone's time. It also pulls directly into QuickBooks, so it eliminates a lot of time we used to spend on data entry to a payroll summary and then again after we've approved that report the data entry into QuickBooks. We've cut payroll down from taking two and a half days to a little more than one work day. We're definitely happy customers, and we've only been using it for three weeks.

Analyst in US
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Time Review CO

Comments: My overall experience with this product will be a good one I would give 4 out of 5 stars

Pros:

The features of Quickbooks Time I like the most were the tracking of time of all the employees, it measured the time of each employee and recorded it, it tracked it down to the second not bypassing any step, it also reported each time stamp. Improve on finance with the force of mechanized time following straightforwardly inside QuickBooks On the web. With QuickBooks Time, you get sufficiently close to strong versatile applications, booking programming, GPS following, extra time checking, adaptable alarms, and constant reports, and that's just the beginning! Representative booking makes it quicker and more straightforward than at any other time to keep your labor force moving along as expected, while QuickBooks Time booth is ideally suited for bosses needing a focal clock-in-and-out arrangement. The best part is that it's QuickBooks Time, so time following and booking work are connected at the hip. QuickBooks Time offers FREE, limitless, grant-winning help by telephone or online visit.

Cons:

I will say it is hard to find something that I don't like about Quickbooks Time, but it has a very long sign-in process which I understand why, for the users of the system it should be a bit more streamlined. The Time Booth feature should have different levels for users and key personnel that could be set up by the administrator.

Carolyn
Chief Move Maker in US
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic Customer Service

Comments: Tsheets has helped me speed up my payroll process (down to about 5 minutes to double check and submit payroll). We use Tsheets project reports to track progress on each job, and invoicing is simple using either Quickbooks or the project reports. Adding Unpaid Time Off to the Scheduling feature has allowed us to retire our shared company google calendar, which we were outgrowing.

Pros:

Besides the speedy and thorough customer service (thank you BD1 et al), I love the fact that Tsheets integrates with Quickbooks desktop. We use the data for both payroll and invoicing, which saves us hours each week. We also just started using Tsheets for scheduling, eliminating yet another piece of software needed.

Cons:

The top item on my wish list is for Tsheets to sync with google calendar quickly. Other than that, there are a few minor features I'm hoping Tsheets will add, such as the ability for a manager to approve a single shift instead of an entire day, which will be great for companies with employees that work for multiple clients.

Kristina
Security & Investigations, 2–10 Employees

TSheets Software Review

Comments: This software has been a great tool to not only keep track of employees' time but also to schedule and plan for future jobs. Because of that, I have been able to help save us time and money by properly scheduling our employees for the needed amount of time. My experience has been very positive with TSheets.

Pros:

TSheets is so easy to use. As a manager, I can view and edit all employees' timesheets easily and quickly. There are several functions that make my job so much easier! I use the Jobs feature and Project Report frequently to see how long certain jobs are taking our employees which in turn helps me better schedule for future jobs. The time entry is also accompanied with a GPS which is wonderful to check on arrival time and departure time from jobs. The payroll report is very easy to use and read. It shows me a breakdown of the total hours worked and the overtime worked so I can see where every employee is at.

Cons:

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this software; however, the Time Off function is sometimes a little confusing to my employees. They are unsure of how to add time off. Others just ask for their time off to be added for them which is sometimes confusing to me as well. I would love to see a help video on that function specifically.