• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5

About Suralink

Simplify the audit process while improving the client experience through automated PBC request list and document management.

Learn more about Suralink

Mike S.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/09

"Suralink Enhances and Simplifies Audit Evidence Collection Process"

Comments: Overall we've really enjoyed using Suralink and recommend it to all. Support is great too. Easily add licenses as needed.

Pros: Gone are the days of having a DRL or PBC that you manage in an Excel spreadsheet over e-mail or in a Dropbox, Box, or Sharepoint. Suralink does it for you with individual line items for each request, easy drag & drop to upload files, easily download all or just new files, track status, assign owners to requests, make requests private, and more. Can be used for any audit or advisory project where you need evidence from the client. Pay per firm user. Storage is unlimited, client engagements are unlimited.

Cons: Suralink is still developing new functionality. Just released some new APIs that should help. Security only has 2 levels: Staff or Manager.

by Suralink on 2020/10/14

Thanks for such a great review, Mike! We're glad you're finding value from Suralink. We're also happy to discuss new feature requests anytime. If there's ever anything we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out!

• Reviewed on 2020/10/09
Angela W.
Audit Associate
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/21

"By FAR one of my favorite accounting tools"

Pros: What is NOT to love about Suralink? It makes it incredibly simple to have my clients upload documents that we need, and that the whole team can access the documents in one place, instead of CCing each other on group emails, or forwarding audit support. It also is very helpful in that it tracks who uploaded specific documents and when, as that has helped our team more than once prove that something a client was saying was incorrect, and we had actual evidence to support it. Thank you Suralink team!

Cons: Our firm had an issue with the way Suralink was rolling the documents from year to year, which caused hours of headache once I'd discovered it. We have thankfully since resolved the issue.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/21
Rachel C.
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/08

"Best Document Collaboration Tool"

Comments: We are hosting our "PBC" listings real-time online where both parties are able to log in and view what is outstanding.

Pros: I love the ease of use of this product. You able able to organize your document request list with group names and subgroup name and when you export the files, they save in this same order on your desktop.

Cons: It can be a bit tricky when you are trying to limit access to certain users on different requests/listings.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/08
Bryce R.
Audit Manager
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

"Efficiency and Clarity"

Comments: I am all in on this app. My clients are appreciating it too.
Efficiency on our side and theirs is up.

Pros: I really like the ability to go in, as an audit manager, and get an idea of the status of the audit is. I can see how responsive the client is. I can see how responsive staff is being. This allows me to focus on my attention on the clients that are being responsive. This is very important during busy season. I am constantly in Suralink during busy season, even if staff is doing the interacting with the client. I am also quickly finding the power of the status reports that are sent out to the client and I am beginning to only send communication to the client through the status report function rather than email from Outlook.

Cons: The process of switching from one engagement to another takes one or two steps more than I would like. Maybe having a tool/navigation bar on the side could help.

John D.
Business Technology Manager
Real Estate, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/07

"Completely streamlined audit process"

Pros: Our organization is extremely complex due to the fact that we have a large number of Legal Entities. The ability to create Audit PBC templates and simply copy those across all our entities in mass has reduced the administrative burden to near-zero time spent by our IT team. The administration is simple enough that our External Auditors own 95% of the process. Prior to adopting Suralink, this process was maintained on SharePoint and was an extremely burdensome process for our organization.

Cons: It would be nice to create dynamic PBCs based on a questionnaire. Often times the nature of our legal entities will create additional PBC items. This is ruled base and could be automated, but is manageable to manually track.

Emily B.
Audit manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/10

"Making everyone's life easier!"

Comments: It has helped us have greater oversight of audit queries and requests for information and how the client has fulfilled these requests. Organisation and efficiency has greatly improved.

Pros: The ease of use, the user-friendly interface which provides just the right amount of information for both us and the client.

Cons: If someone else set's up the client then it doesn't seem to appear on my dashboard when i'm invited to it.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/10
Matthew R.

"Great product"

Comments: Suralink has been a great product for our firm and we will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Pros: We and our clients are always on the same page with the status of open items.

Cons: The only place this product falls short is a way of communicating new or returned requests to a client on an hour by hour or minute by minute basis. When using the product in conjunction with rapid requesting and answering our client's get lost in seeing what new items are added. The "timeline" tools doesn't work well when dozens of updates are happening every hour. Would be great if there was a way for a client to see what is new since their last login, perhaps filtering by new or returned requests, new files provided, accepted requests, etc.

Chace M.
Senior Auditor
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/07

"Excellent for privacy for your clients"

Comments: I would recommend using Suralink as a private document upload site for any company that wants to give their clients more sense of security.

Pros: I appreciate that this software gives your clients peace of mind and a very private way to provide information to your firm and give them reassurance that their employees information won't be leaked on the web. It also is a great way to customize your requests to your client to get exactly the documents that you need from them.

Cons: A few times the system has a glitch where I was not able to see my side of the Suralink and thus not able to download the documents that the client had uploaded.

Rhibhu G.
Risk Assurance and Advisory Associate
Accounting, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/25

"Suralink Review"

Comments: The Risk Assurance and Advisory Services department of Armanino utilize Suralink for gathering of overall support to aid the documentation process for Audits. Suralink does a decent job with support storage and display of the support. Overall, it's a good application.

Pros: The design is simple and the software loads very easily with no lag at all. The square boxes for request lists are a very helpful indicator of whether the support has been provided or is outstanding/returned. The contact list for clients are stored with the emails right below the names of the clients for ease of communication.

Cons: There isn't anything bad with the application but many improvements can be made. It can be integrated with documentation to include test procedures along with the control description. It can also have a testing tab for controls that require sample testing and a results/summary tab. This would help with the documentation speed by alot, improve the overall auditing process and relationship with the client as well.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/25
Bruce B.
Director of Software Assessments
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/21

"Suralink is Almost Perfect"

Comments: I really helps customers understand what is required of them durring an assessment.

Pros: Task assignments, project organization, file transfer, evidence repository

Cons: Not an option for N/A (Not Applicable) for a Request State. You can select "fulfilled", "Returned", and "Accepted" but it would be very helpful to be able to see the N/A items. We created a template for our customers but not all items are applicable to all customers. I can only select "remember this computer for 30 days" on one system at a time for multi-factor authentication. I use my laptop on site and my desktop at home and I would like to be able to have both systems remembered.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/21
Chris A.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/08

"A great addition to our firm and interaction with clients during the audit process"

Comments: Suralink has made the process of requesting, receiving, tracking and communication information with client during an audit or review of their financial statements much easier and efficient.

Pros: Ease of use, notifications, up to the minute status, our client's satisfaction

Cons: Nothing that we don't like. Future enhancements such as a client portal for copies of final products and a tool to email items quickly and securely would help use eliminate the use of other tools and use Suralink for these items. It would be a big win for our clients as well.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/08
Danielle A.
Senior Auditor
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/18

"Great addition!!"

Comments: The biggest benefit of using Suralink is how much the clients love using it. We have had great feedback from our clients on how easy it is for them to use. I have noticed how much faster client's get us the requested information compared to the time before we has Suralink. It has allowed all team members involved in the engagements to have access to all documents.

Pros: I like the ease of use. It is very user friendly and intuitive. The software makes it very easy to share documents with clients. I love that you can categorize the documents, so they are easy to find and the due date and assigning features are great. So everyone is on the same page knowing when something is needed and by whom it needs to be supplied.

Cons: There isn't any feature that I have come across that I do not like yet.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/18
Stephan O.
Associate Partner
Accounting, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/09

"Unrivalled convenience"

Comments: Suralink has made requesting and receiving of large data files, easy, organized, user friendly and convenient with the ability to restrict access only to specific people in the same request setup. It has made a real difference to all in the public accounting industry.

Pros: The ability to transfer and receive files too large for email, combined with the ability to limit access to specific persons. It is also super convenient that clients can drag requested files specifically to each request.

Cons: There is very little to dislike. Since we started using it, PBC requests have been a total game changer compared to prior products.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/09
Kari W.
Accounting Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/12

"Great source for file sharing"

Comments: Our firm received positive feedback from the staff and clients when we implemented the change to Suralink. It has been a good switch for us. The customer service is also very responsive and helpful.

Pros: I like that this is an easy platform to share files between the client and the firm. The requests can be rolled forward to the next period easily. I also like that you can set up controls over who has access to the client information.

Cons: Sometimes switching between windows isn't the most logical, but it is easy to figure out.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/12
Lucy T.
senior
Accounting, 501-1 000 Employees

"New user for Suralink"

Pros: this is my first job at a public accounting firm. The amount of files exchanged between client and our firm are enormous. Suralink is very easy to use and I really like the search function and also the email alerts for new uploads.

Cons: It is hard to tell which files are newly uploaded if there are a lot of files. I would suggest to have another designated place (or like shortcuts) for all the newly uploaded files.

Nicholas R.
Audit Associate

"Suralink"

Comments: I've realized tons of benefits from Suralink, including clients seeming to enjoy the organization and due dates usage to prioritize requests for efficiency purposes.

Pros: I love that you are able to lock/assign requests and the overall organizational capabilities of each grouping/section of an engagement.

Cons: It's confusing that when you create a new request, it is automatically the next sequential number so if requests are put into an already-created section, the numbers appear out of order and causes client confusion at times trying to find a specific request. Able to be circumvented with the search option

Orysya S.
Staff Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/17

"Very user friendly and intuitive"

Pros: I like that this software is very intuitive. You are naturally able to figure out how to do many things, even if you are doing them for the first time. I like the "Help on this page" feature so you could easily research quick questions.

Cons: I don't like that in order to solve any problem we may have, small or big, it has to go through a support case. The support case usually take multiple days to resolve just because of the time lag between each response. I wish there was a direct customer service number we could call with questions.

Cecilia S.
Senior Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/20

"User Friendly and Secure"

Pros: Ease of use and ability to designate access amongst client team members. Realtime updates for status are also very helpful and help to minimize emails and automate the sharing of documents. Overall it is the best solution to share documents with clients in an efficient, effective and secure way.

Cons: Have not received any negative feedback from other users or clients.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/20
Winnie M.
audit coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/07

"Changed the way we do business"

Comments: It make secure file transfer so much easier. It also does a good job of organizing the files in categories

Pros: Its ease of use and the intuitiveness of it all. There is very little that I need to explain to the client when I invite them to the engagement

Cons: I honestly can't think of anything right now. Whenever I have an issue, the Support team is always quick to respond and to help me out.

Sandeep R.
Senior Associate - Audit and Advisory
Accounting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/07

"Make it gender neutral - more women use this than men"

Pros: that it is a live PBC list, that you can see the history of uploads.

Cons: I hate that the symbol for the user/admin is a tie - why is that? the grad class for accounting is +50% women. Shouldn't this logo be a dress? or even better- can you use something gender-neutral? Second - exporting an open item list could be used way more but it is not clean.

Ashley B.
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/14

"Suralink is a must have for an auditor"

Comments: I would recommend this to anyone! I will continue to promote this product.

Pros: I love how easy it is to correspond with the client and reject/accept workpapers. I have heard only good things from the client regarding this.

Cons: I wish the client was able to add the users they would like to add - not a big deal and can easily be added from the accountant side.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/14
Izabela P.
Senior Manager
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/17

"Easy to Use - Effective & Efficient"

Pros: Super easy to use, no glitches. Makes it easy to track when and what a client has submitted. Really great for clients who like to reference prior year files when submitting current year files. A+

Cons: Nothing worth noting. Maybe at some point it would be nice to have the ability to upload files right to our audit software.