ConnectWise Control Reviews

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control provides the ability to view and control devices from anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Learn more about ConnectWise Control

Showing 1 732 reviews

Deryck B.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/28

"It's about the User"

Comments: Been very happy with it and same with my clients. The only clients we have trouble with it is mac but that has more to do with apple's security and not connect wise control

Pros: That the login passcode is something we give the client and not the other way around. With other remote tools the client has to provide the passcode. A lot of the time when when it's up to them they are unable to find or provide the correct information.

Cons: The branding option doesn't have enough colors to work with.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/28
Michelle E.

"Mostly Great"

Comments: Overall, the software works basically like it should. There are some problems, but every software has it's issues. I would like to see some new features such as responding to online clients requests via our email so that I can respond to customers without having to lot into the system. On the same note, I would love to see that when a customer requests to open a chat, that the dialog box would include the user's AD/username and or ask the customer for a name, phone and email to start a chat so that we know specifically to whom we're talking to when a chat is started. I would recommend this software to other IT providers that do not have healthcare customers and I would recommend to ScreenConnect to have an attorney and engineer thoroughly read the aforementioned laws to properly implement and good healthcare product (HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare).

Pros: The software is fairly easy to use, intuitive and easy to deploy with the hosted option. The newer features to look up currently installed Software, the latest error logs and full specs with SN is used almost daily in our computer.
The notes feature can glitch from time to time, but is a great way to track notes on customers when I'm doing a large batch of updates. I use it to track updates I've started so when I come back to it I know exactly where I left off which isn't necessary for our internal documentation, but is a great note pad tool right in the program.
Along the same lines, we use the Notes feature to leave pertinent information for specific devices such as construction equipment computers that can not be turned off without notice and who exactly to contact with their name, numbers and email address to ensure employees have easy access to this NECESSARY information before accessing the computer remotely.

Cons: My least favorite problem with this software is the customer service. We came across a bug over the past few months and when we called in were basically told that the problem was essentially end user error, which is ironic since we've used the software going on 5 years now and we are extremely familiar with the ins and outs of both the software and basic troubleshooting since, ya know, that's our job... Technical support was down right rude when they weren't understanding the issue and when I finally talked to a senior technical engineer for ScreenConnect, I explained the problem and was given an answer of "I could see why this would be confusing to the last agent" but they agreed with me that there was no reason for the agent to be rude or dismissive just because he couldn't understand the abstract bug. We have yet to solve the bug, but I don't necessarily blame the Senior level Engineer, the bug is just very hard to reproduce.
The one other hugely important disappointment with this software is that it is not ACTUALLY HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare compliant. We have talked with Senior Engineers and the sales team and while they boast about the software being HIPPA compliant, I asked a how exactly they comply with the basic requirements, non-negotiable terms, and when pressed, ScreenConnect doesn't actually have proper compliance. We have therefore not installed the software on any of our health care clients which wastes a lot of time.

Andrew K.
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/02

"Great tool - Good mix of Instant and Agent"

Comments: Love the product. Used to use a VLC-based product before, and this has gone so far already. Still some growing up to do, but seems like one of the best available products out there, at least for my needs, without being stupid-priced.

Pros: There is a lot to like about the platform. From an easy-to-use instant platform, to a strong access agent. It does a lot well, and there isn't a lot it doesn't do well. I love the idea of the toolkit, where you can pre-upload commonly-used tools. I also like that the software seems to be taking some steps forward as time goes on as well.

Cons: Always have to turn down to Low setting. Doesn't seem as optimized for bandwidth as other tools. Lack of CNAME ability; Doesn't seem to work right no matter how you set it up to make the site look like your own. Very awkward to customize look-feel, even with third-party add-ons.

Merlin K.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/01

"This used to be an awesome product for tech support. Now it is just great."

Comments: Support staff is always professional. But the way they get information from us and use it as to features on the product and what we like and dislike was really poorly done.

Pros: I *used* to like the "Toolbox" till they broke it.
Ability to reboot computer and stay connected.
Screen drawing.. but that is bittersweet as the feature was VERY BADLY written. Whomever wrote, clearly did not use it to try and talk someone through something on their computer.
The ability to dynamically group computers by client and tags is AMAZING!!! I love that I can code searches for my groups.
Ability to rename computers.
See how long computers have been off-line
The plugin system that allows me to greatly enhance the way I interact with the interface.
Ability to create user accounts and control their security. (Still waiting for ability to limit how many connections they use)
The fact that I can run it off my own server is AWESOME!

Cons: I used to love that I could use the "Toolbox" to execute my tech tools while working on computers. Just pick it from the list... have it download to C:\SomeFolder and then open that folder and all the tools were there. I could clean viruses, restart the computer, go back and continue. That is no more though. After I bought the software they changed it. Now the tools download to the users "Documents" folder. The users get mad at me for digging through their "Docuemtns" folder to try and find "my folder" where the tools download too. It is hard to get to the folder. It is impossible to set exclusions on the virus shield because the folder name changes as it in the users profile. If they have bad internet or I leave a scanning tool running a long time, lose connection, the folder is removed and so are the tools. I have to start all over. This software SUCKS NOW! They completely changed it. The worst part is... they did not have too. They could have easily let it continue to work the way it was and given us some toggles and variables to control its behavior. Bad programming really. They say this app was written by techs for techs.. I think that may have been true once. Not any longer. Lack of hotkeys... To move between screens and clear the screen drawing.
Inability to set the color of the screen drawing.
No button to set "Auto" sizing on the resolution.
"Acquire Lock" feature never seems to work.
I would list more but I am out of space.

Orlando H.
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/18

"IT Manager Review of ConnectWise Control"

Comments: One of the unexpected benefits of having ConnectWise Control is the ability for Managers and Office Managers to be given a subset of privileges to use the software for assisting employees remotely. There are many times they have new employees that need a little help getting familiarized with proprietary software we use in the Ag. sector. ConnectWise Control gives the new employee assurance they're not isolated on an island and the managers are not frustrated at having to drop what they're doing to drive over to a remote site to provide assistance with something that can easily be handled remotely with Control. (<--shiver, see how creepy that sounds...) This use case scenario is reason to consider a few extra licenses so your not fighting over them. We have two currently, but are considering upgrading since there are times that I can't admin since the managers are using the licenses. (Aarrghh)

Pros: This software is one of the most important tools I have in my toolbelt for quickly resolving issues. We have a few remote VPN sites and when an endpoint is having issues, it's so much more efficient to see the issue rather than have to decipher another persons interpretation of the issue. Our sites are not very far apart - about 45 minutes from main office, but when we have an issue that hinders or stops our ability to server our customers that drive feels much longer. To reiterate, resolving issues quickly and efficiently is what I like most about ConnectWise Control. Downtime is costly.

Cons: Probably my least favorite thing is getting the session filters tweaked just right. Once you get the hang of the syntax it's really not bad, but there is a learning curve. Having your endpoints arranged into session groups is well worth the effort. Oh, and the name needs to be shorter. It doesn't have to be ScreenConnect, but it needs to be that easy to say. Saying Control by itself sounds creepy, like Big Brother creepy. As an Admin I never say "I'm going to use Control to help you with that issue."

• Reviewed on 2018/10/18
James W.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/19

"Excellent remote support tool"

Comments: I've been using ConnectWise Control for about three years, in a multi-branch company, on a small IT team, there is absolutely no way I could do my job without it.

Pros: Performance is fast over most internet connections. It takes less than two seconds to to connect to a session and begin working with a remote user.

Cons: Marketplace for add-ons / extensions is bare, I would love to see more options for extending the functionality of the application.

Christopher C.
service manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/23

"review"

Comments: at times it takes me longer to setup connectwise and get ready to assist a client than the time it takes me to actually fix the issue remotely

Pros: the remote features and stability of the session

Cons: the email confirmation code number to activate a session on other PC's

• Reviewed on 2019/07/23
Paul D.
Sr. Director of Information Technology
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/27

"Customer Service is not what it used to be"

Comments: Overall it was great the previous years. Almost no issues and when I called Connectwise Support they fixed the issue immediately. The industry says Connectwise Support is getting worse. I have started looking for alternatives.

Pros: We like the speed and capabilities of the software. I have used it at other companies and it continues to meet our requirements.

Cons: Customer Service is not what it used to be. A few weeks back our email server went down. The OTP kept sending to the account that was not accessible because the email server was down.
I asked Customer Service to change my email and they said they could not do it and that I would need to turn my email server back on to get the emails. Horrible support for a 30 second issue and the person assisting refused to understand that I could not just "turn my email server back on". Sadly enough, I added this comment to the Support ticket and nobody in Connectwise Management even addressed it.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/27
Kurk B.
General Manager
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/25

"Quick Easy and Cost Effective"

Comments: We have used a variety of remote access services and platforms in the past, from gotomypc to logmein, and this one by far surpasses them all in ease of use, reliability, incredibly fast connections, and cost efficiency. I would recommend this product for any business big or small. If you have alternate locations or just needing to quickly log onto your server or any other computer in your organization, this is the way to do it! It is super easy and user friendly that even my non tech-savoy staff can figure out how to log into another computer with the ease of just a few clicks.
Couldn't speak highly enough of this product/service.

Pros: The SPEED!!! If I need to log into another computer to resolve a problem I'm in that computer in about 3-5 seconds from pulling up connect-wise on my browser. I used to have to wait sometimes up to 5-10 mins with other providers.
The speed efficiency is incredible!!

Cons: No issue found so far. I like all the features of the software.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/25
Lisa H.
PC/Network technician and business owner
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/12

"An invaluable tool for supporting clients remotely"

Comments: Connecting remotely to help clients makes up about 25% of my total revenue, so ConnectWise Control is a huge part of my business. I have used other paid services in my decades of providing computer support, but each one has raised its prices too far and too fast for me to continue using it. So far, ConnectWise has not done this, and I hope they continue to be affordable.

Pros: The remote access tool is robust and easy to configure and use. The interface has so many tools that I haven't even had time to try all of them, but each one I've tried has provided excellent functionality. Having several different ways to get a remote customer connected has just been awesome. I love the customization with my company's information. It is very competitively-priced, and they have not raised the price very much (if at all) in the several years I've been using it.

Cons: I have had a few clients whose computers were so badly infected or corrupted that they couldn't get the software to install, but they could get Chrome Remote Desktop to install. I assume that the limited set of features in CRD and piggybacking on the Google Chrome installation that was already there helped in those situations. I think it has happened around five times in the hundreds of times I've tried to add a client in this way, so that's not a big problem.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/12
Matthew N.
System Administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/04

"Great Product, One Giant Flaw"

Comments: Overall, Connectwise Control has been a huge shot in the arm for our support staff as we continue to mostly support our end users remotely. The unadvertised management overhead of having to fix connectivity to the app each month is a hassle I would have rather not had to deal with (without paying through the nose for on-prem, anyway) but I'm willing to deal with it for the time being so my support teams can continue to do their jobs more effectively.

Pros: As is usual with ConnectWise Control, the feature set for assisting our remote users seems unparalleled. Deployment of Access is as simple as MSI deployment and makes assisting our users faster and easier than with our previous solutions. The fact that much of the configuration (branding, client updating, etc.) can be done with plugins is also a huge improvement over the last time I used Control. It offers a lot of flexibility in configuration and makes what should be simple changes simple.

Cons: The biggest, glaring issue with ConnectWise Control is that it is impossible to secure a static IP address using their cloud service. Their "solution" to this problem is to *buy the significantly more expensive on-premise product*. There is an ongoing problem with Connectwise Control and our firewall software that requires us to make a configuration change to our firewall monthly (whenever our instance updates to a new major version). The easiest (and lets be honest, the most common solution) to a problem like this is to set a static IP for the service instead of relying on DNS (which does not work for us, since Control appears to make its DNS queries over SSL and our firewall can only see the IP traffic). We were told by support that we should just update our firewall every time our IP changes and that it's impossible for them to provide static IP addresses because of the way their AWS infrastructure has been architected. This is a huge oversight that I believe Connectwise absolutely needs to fix.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/04
John C.
Customer Success Manager
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/16

"Connecting The Dots Between Users and Experience"

Comments: When our office was brought down to a skeleton crew, the on-site visits took up most of our techs, which means that the tickets were piling up in the office queue. On the days where I was the only one in the office, it was ConnectWise Control that saved the day in keeping those ticket counts down. Early on in my IT career, this really helped me build my skill set as I was better at dealing with problems when I was right in front of it. This program gave me plenty of experience working with many different user pc's. Thanks for such a great product.

Pros: ConnectWise Control was really the tool that helped me expand my skillset in Information Technology. It was the key factor in helping reduce the number of on-site visits needed by a technician. It was much easier and faster to be able to remote into a client PC and see the problem recreated, troubleshoot it and correct it in a few minutes, as opposed to driving 20-45 minutes away to do the same thing and then drive back. I enjoyed being able to use the many features included in this. Being able to send a reboot command, work in the background, block user input, and upload a pertinent fie to a client pc just made knocking tickets out in a timely manner a cinch. It also helped to know when a user was idle or gone for the day for those scheduled end of day tasks.

Cons: The transfer options of getting a file/folder were sometimes picky. It seemed that it would take longer to upload a file to a client's computer by using the search and open function than it would to just drag a file/folder from my personal desktop over to the window with the client's desktop. It was inconsistent, picky at times, and just wasted so much time. You never knew which method would work better. When your business has strict SLA's, this kind of thing can kill that AND your performance record. Imagine losing your job because you didn't hit your numbers waiting on software to work...or not?

• Reviewed on 2020/01/16
Steven M.
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/09

"Does what you need it to do"

Comments: Remote assistance to desktop computers as well as Remote Administration.

Pros: ConnectWise Control does what I need. I specifically like: Remote Control, Backstage, and the ability to run scripts.

Cons: I dislike the purely web-based aspect. I would prefer an 'installed dashboard' from which to work.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/09
Richard H.
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/17

"6+ Years and loving it more with every update!"

Comments: This software in every way allows us to support our clientbase as if we are sitting next to them. There isnt much more we can praise.. get it!

Pros: This service/software is awesome! I have built my company around its use and every day it pays for itself. The plugins make troubleshooting customers workstations easy and informative. With the new addition of connecting to a workstation command line so you do not bother a client is absolutely brilliant!

Cons: Can be slower on Linux, we prefer linux for financial reasons however in small uses 50-75 live workstations we had no issues at all.. Very fast on Windows however! No other cons that I can think of.. We really do love this software..

• Reviewed on 2019/12/17
Chris M.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/26

"Great Tool in your toolbox"

Comments: Makes remote support simple.

Pros: Works consistently and reliability, quick and easy rollout.

Cons: Wish I could pay for licenses based upon individual usage.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/26
Pierce D.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/19

"Easy to Use and configure"

Comments: We've been using it in our SMB for over 3 years and we've never had issues. We use the cloud hosted solution for 1 technician at a time. Very little down time, upgrades to server and clients are automatic. Sort of a "Set it and forget it" solution. You just have to make sure the client software gets installed at each endpoint and you are set to go!

Pros: -easy setup, just download and install software to endpoint
-easy to configure, all done via web console and can customize branding, colors, etc.
-useful plugins available
-console available to run CMDs remotely on a host

Cons: -everything is done interactively and manually, meaning you can't schedule tasks with it

Daniel K.
IT Director
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/21

"Awesome product to keep an eye on all your systems"

Comments: This is really an amazing tool to be able to troubleshoot and even do demonstrations (training) remotely.
Would definitively recommend it!

Pros: Very easy to setup and configure
Love the Toolbox feature

Cons: I'd like to have an App to go along with the desktop version

• Reviewed on 2019/06/21
Technology Information Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/19

"Great remote access software"

Comments: Overall, I really like it. I use DigitalOcean.com to host the web app. It runs on an Ubuntu server and uses Letsencrypt for the SSL. I would recommend setting up the 2 step authentication to protect your computers and clients from anyone who would try to hack your app.

Pros: ConnectWise Control is a great product for accessing my multiple computers from home, work, and anywhere I have an internet connection. I can even control a computer from my phone.
It makes helping my parents and tech support clients a breeze. It lessens the "what do you see?" questions I have to ask to try to visualize what is happening on their computer because I can see the screen.
The initial price may be high for some, but the annual cost to renew the license is very affordable.

Cons: Initial set up on a self-hosted system was a challenge, but I figured it out.
Getting a user to install the client app on their side can be a bit challenging even as I try to talk them through the procedure. Chrome browser does not like the web app because I am still trying to figure out the SSL.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/19
James G.
Help Desk Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/01

"Remote Control Software That Just Works, If You Can Afford It"

Pros: ConnectWise Control is the most responsive remote control software we've used in over two decades of Managed IT work. Within 2-3 seconds of clicking the "Connect" button, the session is established and fully operational. You can select from multiple RDP sessions or the console view, and a recently rolled-out "Backstage" feature provides fully interactive PowerShell and CMD prompts that don't interrupt the active user. The product is FIPS-certified and CJIS compliant, and has controls for 2FA, consent prompts from end-users, and customizable auditing.

Cons: Since the ConnectWise acquisition of this product (formerly ScreenConnect), pricing for the self-hosted version has skyrocketed. If you don't want to pay ConnectWise monthly per technician, you're looking at a couple grand for a basic on-premise license which then needs to be renewed annually if you want to receive upgrades & security patches (which isn't really an option to ignore for software that grants remote control).

Griffin C.
IT Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/01

"The ONLY way to manage 100+ endpoint and servers"

Comments: There are many other ways to have remote access but for MSPs and SMBs with just one or two IT guys, this is a experience changing product. Half of my "wizardry"(as my co-workers call it) is done through ConnectWise Control. Whether is fix a broken desktop icon, give them admin rights on the local PC, troubleshoot a mic issue, or update their email signature, I can do it without ever logging in to their PC. Being able to troubleshoot while they can still work is a game changer!

Pros: Setup and deployment takes about 5 minutes if you know what you are doing. Pick a subdomain, download the msi, deploy via gpo, intune, etc. For guest support, send a quick email, they click a link and presto! The remote command line has saved my butt more than a few times!!

Cons: The ONLY thing I have truly needed that isn't available is Remote File Transfer on the mobile apps. I have gotten to where I use the app almost 50% of the time

• Reviewed on 2021/02/01
Jonathon N.
Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/08

"Great Software, most of the time!"

Comments: Ease of access and control over Client devices. A fast and (usually) stable platform is a key component of our business operations.

Pros: Speed of Remote Connections, especially on slower Internet Connections is handled very nicely. Ease of installation on new devices and talking Clients through connecting to a Support session is an advantage. Toolbox is very handy.

Cons: Updates (and therefore bugs) are too frequent. It seems every update lately has introduced new bugs. Would prefer a little more time to be taken to properly address issues and thoroughly test before publishing. We've got 900 Devices connected to our instance and use CWC as our primary RC method, having buggy software is simply not an option.
Further, I'd love to see a File Transfer component. A separate window that doesn't require taking over the console session of a PC but allows File Transfers in the background. We used to use LogMeIn and loved this feature - they however, became far too expensive and tried (badly) to become a full on RMM package.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/08
Stacy D.
Owner, Lead Designer
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/05

"Dead simple to deploy, unprecedented control."

Comments: It is simply the exact solution I was looking for. It's what makes my entire job possible, managing over a dozen computers in separate locations all across the company. I've had zero issues with deployment or my daily use, and I never have issues with the clients failing, settings being changed, etc. It lets the client side user know that I've taken control, but it allows them to do very little other than that. That means I can keep tabs on these systems and always be sure they are secure.

Pros: Everything. I use Connectwise Control to remotely manage computers in a variety of locations across the company. I started out with a more popular and common brand of remote software and keeping it deployed, running, and configured correctly on over a dozen computers was nearly impossible. One of our security experts recommended Connectwise, and it was the perfect solution. I can see a snapshot of every computer in the company, connect to any of them instantly from one dashboard, and perform all sorts of operations. Deploying the client is as simple as emailing my managers a file and having them click on it, and I have never had issues with the clients once they are deployed. A fantastic remote system.

Cons: I would love to see further development on mobile control solutions. It exists now, I would just like to see it become even more robust.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/05
Chris K.
System Adminitrator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/19

"Great Remote Administration Tool, Flexible Licensing"

Comments: Better than LogMeIn, and everything is easy.

Pros: Easy to use, deploy and administer. Inexpensive and feature-rich.

Cons: If I leave a single session open on my computer at home, and then come to work and try to use the product it will not allow me to do so due to the licensing restrictions on my account. Wish there was a way to terminate active sessions from the console.

Robert B.
Computer Software, Self Employed

"ConnectWise Control"

Comments: The company is easy to work with and online chat support is very simple and fast.

Pros: Easy to use - interface is web based so your customers do not need to install software to do one-off support calls. You can also set up access controls for things like servers that need to constantly be monitored.

Cons: There are times where you have to reinstall the software that technicians use to control other computers.

Phil M.
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/06

"An Excellent Remote Control Solution..."

Comments: Overall we're very satisfied with ConnectWise control and expect to continue using it in the future.

Pros: We've been using ConnectWise Control since it was ScreenConnect (before ConnectWise purchased them) and it's been an excellent solution for us to remotely support our clients. We host the software on one of our servers here so there's no recurring monthly charges save for the yearly maintenance fees. The web interface is clean and easy to navigate and the connections are generally reliable and fast. This product is in active development and new features and patches are released regularly.

Cons: Some releases have had issues with performance or crashes, but they have always been addressed quickly. Since being purchased by ConnectWise the costs for buying new but we've been grandfathered into the previous fee structure so that hasn't affected us much. The mobile app and Chrome app are "flaky" but usable in a pinch.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/06