ConnectWise Control Reviews

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control provides the ability to view and control devices from anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Learn more about ConnectWise Control

Showing 1 771 reviews

Deryck B.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/28

"It's about the User"

Comments: Been very happy with it and same with my clients. The only clients we have trouble with it is mac but that has more to do with apple's security and not connect wise control

Pros: That the login passcode is something we give the client and not the other way around. With other remote tools the client has to provide the passcode. A lot of the time when when it's up to them they are unable to find or provide the correct information.

Cons: The branding option doesn't have enough colors to work with.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/28
David R.
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/25

"Overwhelmingly simple yet effective"

Comments: Overall this is one of the best remote control software products I've ever used. Overall it's very smooth to operate, on low speed or high latency connections, it will still work, but has (obvious) delays. Despite this, it's still possible to get the work done, there are just delays that make it appear as though you aren't doing anything since you're waiting for the next screen to render. This is especially bad during UAC prompts. I have been using this product for many years now and have rarely run into issues with it. For the price point though, this is the best product on the market and scales based on your needs.

Pros: - Ease of use
- Quick setup (cloud version)
- Minimal training required
- Easy customization
- Solid connectivity
- Requires no end user training

Cons: - Speed of connection varies greatly when using the cloud vs on-prem
- Must have a decent internet connection to use efficiently
- UAC prompts will cause the connection to slow down to a crawl even on good internet (not sure if a connectwise issue or a windows issue)

Alex B.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/30

"ConnectWise Control - Amazing Remote Support Utility"

Comments: Over CW Control has been a game-changer in how our company delivers remote support to our clients. It has allowed us to operate more efficiently and gives our techs the tool they need to provide awesome remote support. Since we have started using it we have not even considered looking for an alternative tool.

Pros: Connectwise Control is an easy to use software that allows our company to provide remote access and remote support to our clients. The software was extremely easy to setup and configure and get running. Once it was set up and running it just works. It is the fastest remote access tool we have ever used. It connects to sessions in seconds, not minutes like some of the other remote access tools out there. The layout of the software is great and make navigation for our techs and also the end-users simple. The built-in toolbox and remote file transfer also are dead simple to use and always work. It allows us to copy a file over to a desktop we are supporting, or to copy need diagnostic info back to our techs computers. Control includes multiple options for 2-factor auth which is a must these days for tools like this.

Cons: The least liked portion of Control is that support is not always easy to get a hold of and sometimes does not always have the best solutions or fixes during the initial support engagement.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/30
Bryan M.
IT Support Specialist
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

"ConnectWise Control Opinions"

Comments: Works great in our environment and has enable us to connect to any of our users wherever they may be. Its easy for the clients to use and connect especially if 24/7 access is setup. Would like to see the Host Pass time increased to an option of 48 hours. Many times work must be done over the weekend, this would then enable us to issue a pass for the entire weekend and be done with it!

Pros: Ease of use for myself and clients; two factor authentication . Love the Toolbox feature as it places often used apps, files, etc. at my fingertips. Being able to install consistent access to or clients is a big plus as we can see all of our devices listed with connection being just a click away. The option to pass credentials to the client is a great option to have too.

Cons: Not much, just the limitation of 24 hours on a Host Pass as this does not get us through a project over a weekends time frame.

Andrew K.
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/02

"Great tool - Good mix of Instant and Agent"

Comments: Love the product. Used to use a VLC-based product before, and this has gone so far already. Still some growing up to do, but seems like one of the best available products out there, at least for my needs, without being stupid-priced.

Pros: There is a lot to like about the platform. From an easy-to-use instant platform, to a strong access agent. It does a lot well, and there isn't a lot it doesn't do well. I love the idea of the toolkit, where you can pre-upload commonly-used tools. I also like that the software seems to be taking some steps forward as time goes on as well.

Cons: Always have to turn down to Low setting. Doesn't seem as optimized for bandwidth as other tools. Lack of CNAME ability; Doesn't seem to work right no matter how you set it up to make the site look like your own. Very awkward to customize look-feel, even with third-party add-ons.

Jr. Systems Administrator
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/26

"Easy, Fast, Reliable, Robust - Not much more I could ask for."

Comments: Overall, we're very happy with the purchase and performance and would recommend the product to anyone. It's fast, reliable, easy to use, competitively priced and their support has been great to work with the few times we've reached out.

Pros: I love how quickly I can navigate my inventory, how quickly machines show up once the agent is installed, how quickly a connection is established, and how robust the suite of tools are that I have to interact with the endpoint. File transfers are simple and intuitive (no digging around wondering where the file landed), and the connection doesn't take up a ton of bandwidth so even users in areas with poor internet can still get the help they need. It's also extremely fast and easy to update the agent on the endpoints.

Cons: I can't RDP connect, only VNC. Sometimes it would be very helpful to connect to the machine without unlocking the screen to the end user. This seems like a basic feature that is standard on many other remote support tools but isn't built into Screen Connect. This is probably the most important feature request I have made. I wish there was an option to make the chat more "attention-getting" as most users simply don't notice when I start chatting with them if they're not expecting it. I have to call the user to begin their support. I haven't seen a remote lock (make the HDD inaccessible) or kill feature (wipe the drive after its been stolen and is unrecoverable). This would be a huge help as well. There have been bugs with "Cloud Administrator" printers getting installed on endpoints that stay there after the connection closes. It's a bug from a previous build that hasn't fully been fixed yet. Some of the vernacular isn't easily understood (for example, "End" removes the endpoint from the console instead of just ending a session that might be stuck open). If you read through the explanation that's included with each option, it becomes clear but it seems like a poor word choice. Sometimes the connection gets finicky and takes a minute to reconnect if the user logs out of their windows profile. Thankfully the connection is maintained, but its a bit clunky.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/26
Orlando H.
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/18

"IT Manager Review of ConnectWise Control"

Comments: One of the unexpected benefits of having ConnectWise Control is the ability for Managers and Office Managers to be given a subset of privileges to use the software for assisting employees remotely. There are many times they have new employees that need a little help getting familiarized with proprietary software we use in the Ag. sector. ConnectWise Control gives the new employee assurance they're not isolated on an island and the managers are not frustrated at having to drop what they're doing to drive over to a remote site to provide assistance with something that can easily be handled remotely with Control. (<--shiver, see how creepy that sounds...) This use case scenario is reason to consider a few extra licenses so your not fighting over them. We have two currently, but are considering upgrading since there are times that I can't admin since the managers are using the licenses. (Aarrghh)

Pros: This software is one of the most important tools I have in my toolbelt for quickly resolving issues. We have a few remote VPN sites and when an endpoint is having issues, it's so much more efficient to see the issue rather than have to decipher another persons interpretation of the issue. Our sites are not very far apart - about 45 minutes from main office, but when we have an issue that hinders or stops our ability to server our customers that drive feels much longer. To reiterate, resolving issues quickly and efficiently is what I like most about ConnectWise Control. Downtime is costly.

Cons: Probably my least favorite thing is getting the session filters tweaked just right. Once you get the hang of the syntax it's really not bad, but there is a learning curve. Having your endpoints arranged into session groups is well worth the effort. Oh, and the name needs to be shorter. It doesn't have to be ScreenConnect, but it needs to be that easy to say. Saying Control by itself sounds creepy, like Big Brother creepy. As an Admin I never say "I'm going to use Control to help you with that issue."

• Reviewed on 2018/10/18
Eugene E.
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/20

"Close but missing the mark"

Comments: Overall I give you product a score of 9 out of 10. I actually love all that it does it is just you chat is very lacking. Good luck.

Pros: Price/value, Installs fast on my client's PCs, very configurable, works well with multiple monitors (now), faster than TeamViewer.

Cons: Oh, that easy... The chat window is the absolute worst! First of all ... If you go look at my chat logs you will see that I use it all day long, A LOT! Probably 200 messages a day maybe more for 2 years! I wrote that type of chat system in 2002 with visual basic. It is not object-oriented and barely HTML friendly. I suggest you embrace one of the chat libraries standards. so you don't have to roll your own. NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT
It needs the ability to change my message after I have submitted it. It is so frustrating to accidentally misspell something and have no way of fixing it.
When copying a prior message (to refere to It) your font is WHITE therefore if I paste it back into the chat window it is still white. (white on white!) Hello... How did the testing team miss this! It needs to remember my partial chat (un-submitted) message, even after losing connection and reconnecting or exiting and rerunning the app. It needs a search feature. (I know your code is only buffering back a short distance back, but at least search with the current buffer!) I can always scroll back further and further to expand my search. It needs to have a spell checker, (Or instantiate a COM Control of IE, Chrome and the spell checker will magically work!)

• Reviewed on 2019/06/20
Aaron V.
Support Desk Specialist
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/30

"Robust Remote Management Software, But Background Software Can Be Slow"

Comments: I am not the administrator of this software, but I am a tech that uses the software to carry out administrative tasks on client computers. LabTech (ConnectWise) offers a pretty solid remote management tool that does a good job offering tools beyond simple remote access to client computers. We use two different remote management software solutions where I work. I will say, LabTech isn't the one I like the best, but it does have some key benefits over the other software.

Pros: I really enjoy having a toolbox full of things I regularly use that I can transfer to the client's computer with just a few clicks; I can install tools like Putty, IP Scanners, TreeSize, and more without having to download them from a web browser each time I need them. I also enjoy how easy it is to upload/download files to/from a client computer as the situation dictates. Our other remote management software requires a roundabout way of doing this, but the capabilities are built right in for LabTech (ConnectWise). Other useful abilities include the blocking client input or even their view, and being able to draw on the screen as well.

Cons: When using the Automate software to interface with a client computer instead of the remote access software, sending commands and/or pulling data is quite slow. Get ready to wait 1-3 minutes for each send/receive request to complete. Thankfully, with the addition of CMD/PowerShell capabilities within remote access app by using the "Background" profile, I don't find myself using these features very often. They are sometimes necessary when the remote access app is not working properly on the client's computer though.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/30
Christopher C.
service manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/23

"review"

Comments: at times it takes me longer to setup connectwise and get ready to assist a client than the time it takes me to actually fix the issue remotely

Pros: the remote features and stability of the session

Cons: the email confirmation code number to activate a session on other PC's

• Reviewed on 2019/07/23
Kurk B.
General Manager
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/25

"Quick Easy and Cost Effective"

Comments: We have used a variety of remote access services and platforms in the past, from gotomypc to logmein, and this one by far surpasses them all in ease of use, reliability, incredibly fast connections, and cost efficiency. I would recommend this product for any business big or small. If you have alternate locations or just needing to quickly log onto your server or any other computer in your organization, this is the way to do it! It is super easy and user friendly that even my non tech-savoy staff can figure out how to log into another computer with the ease of just a few clicks.
Couldn't speak highly enough of this product/service.

Pros: The SPEED!!! If I need to log into another computer to resolve a problem I'm in that computer in about 3-5 seconds from pulling up connect-wise on my browser. I used to have to wait sometimes up to 5-10 mins with other providers.
The speed efficiency is incredible!!

Cons: No issue found so far. I like all the features of the software.

Broc M.
Art Department Manager
Printing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/01

"Easy but completely fuctional"

Comments: Overall, ConnectWise has been a lifesaver for myself and the other remote employees who require access to local computer resources or who operate as I.T. members.

Pros: ConnectWise Control has allowed me (as a remote manager) to have access to my company's local resources anytime and anywhere I need them. The way we are using the software is basically as a transition software while we work on a more permanent in-house VPN solution. With that being said, ConnectWise has been 100% functional and satisfactory in this capacity. Super, super easy to deploy and use. It has made any I.T. related tasks infinitely better with the ability to remote into my company's computers so I can troubleshoot the problems myself without having to talk back and forth with another coworker on-site. The best part has been the ease of initiating and deploying ConnectWise. It was important that we got a remote system up and running quickly and this software allowed us to do that.

Cons: If there is a downside at all, I would say the software seems to be slightly overbearing for a few of our older PC's on-site. These computers are by no means "powerhouses", but I have noticed that there is a distracting amount of lag time when I remote in to those select computers. This has not been a cause for us to seek another solution, however it does slow down productivity in the scenario mentioned above.

Matthew N.
System Administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/04

"Great Product, One Giant Flaw"

Comments: Overall, Connectwise Control has been a huge shot in the arm for our support staff as we continue to mostly support our end users remotely. The unadvertised management overhead of having to fix connectivity to the app each month is a hassle I would have rather not had to deal with (without paying through the nose for on-prem, anyway) but I'm willing to deal with it for the time being so my support teams can continue to do their jobs more effectively.

Pros: As is usual with ConnectWise Control, the feature set for assisting our remote users seems unparalleled. Deployment of Access is as simple as MSI deployment and makes assisting our users faster and easier than with our previous solutions. The fact that much of the configuration (branding, client updating, etc.) can be done with plugins is also a huge improvement over the last time I used Control. It offers a lot of flexibility in configuration and makes what should be simple changes simple.

Cons: The biggest, glaring issue with ConnectWise Control is that it is impossible to secure a static IP address using their cloud service. Their "solution" to this problem is to *buy the significantly more expensive on-premise product*. There is an ongoing problem with Connectwise Control and our firewall software that requires us to make a configuration change to our firewall monthly (whenever our instance updates to a new major version). The easiest (and lets be honest, the most common solution) to a problem like this is to set a static IP for the service instead of relying on DNS (which does not work for us, since Control appears to make its DNS queries over SSL and our firewall can only see the IP traffic). We were told by support that we should just update our firewall every time our IP changes and that it's impossible for them to provide static IP addresses because of the way their AWS infrastructure has been architected. This is a huge oversight that I believe Connectwise absolutely needs to fix.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/04
Andrew W.
Manager, Tools and Process
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/05

"ConnectWise Control - Lightweight and Stable"

Pros: One of the best pieces of software ConnectWise has. It's lightweight and easy to deploy. The agent is very stable and very easy to update.

Cons: Development has stalled a bit. There was some feature updates (CW View) but nothing major since.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/05
Steven M.
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/09

"Does what you need it to do"

Comments: Remote assistance to desktop computers as well as Remote Administration.

Pros: ConnectWise Control does what I need. I specifically like: Remote Control, Backstage, and the ability to run scripts.

Cons: I dislike the purely web-based aspect. I would prefer an 'installed dashboard' from which to work.

Chris M.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/26

"Great Tool in your toolbox"

Comments: Makes remote support simple.

Pros: Works consistently and reliability, quick and easy rollout.

Cons: Wish I could pay for licenses based upon individual usage.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/26
Quentin L.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/12

"Incredibly fast and reliable Remote Control solution"

Comments: This solution is fantastic for an MSP such as myself that needs to provide support to clients. The ability to start an ad-hoc session easily or have a persistent remote session option available to fit the situation works as it should. I keep repeating myself, but the speed and simplicity of using this product is fantastic. I'm also pretty happy with the pace of innovation and new features that they continue to add to the product.

Pros: The speed of the product and the ease of implementation.

Cons: The licensing model has changed over the years and it seems to be more limited in the ways that you can buy and use it now if you are not a ConnectWise partner. At least the last time I checked. I am a ConnectWise partner so I have 100% of the functionality that I want. I haven't tried their remote printing feature in well over a year, but that is the only aspect of this software that ever disappointed. It was never something that I really wanted or needed myself, but since I allow some of my clients to use my Control instance to access their own machines from home I did try to get it working a while back. It was pretty inconsistent at that time and I have not gone back to see if it works better or not in the latest versions.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/12
Mike G.
Sole Proprietor
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/02

"Old Timer's 2 Cents Worth"

Comments: I spent the last ten years of my career working from a comfortable home office for clients in Boston, New York, Idaho, Atlanta, Kentucky, Indiana, and my home town of Louisville, KY. While they were busy doing construction of all 5 bridges across the Ohio river over several years, I walked downstairs to work each day while my fellow office dwellers spent upwards of an hour or two daily sitting in traffic and paying for parking and tolls. Thank you, ConnectWise.

Pros: This product has come a long way since I bought my first one-time "forever" license of ScreenConnect. I had tried them all. This one was fast and stayed connected even on slow dial-up connections. I eventually was forced onto their web platform. It's actually better than the stand-alone product. I have not needed their live support for some time, but it has always been good when I did call them.

Cons: Terminology is confusing and sometimes over my head. Am I the "guest" or the "host"? I can never find my administrator's login screen. I have two accounts and the phantom one I suspect, gets in the way of my accounting. Wish I could go back to buying a license instead of the never ending subscriptions.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/02
James G.
Help Desk Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/01

"Remote Control Software That Just Works, If You Can Afford It"

Pros: ConnectWise Control is the most responsive remote control software we've used in over two decades of Managed IT work. Within 2-3 seconds of clicking the "Connect" button, the session is established and fully operational. You can select from multiple RDP sessions or the console view, and a recently rolled-out "Backstage" feature provides fully interactive PowerShell and CMD prompts that don't interrupt the active user. The product is FIPS-certified and CJIS compliant, and has controls for 2FA, consent prompts from end-users, and customizable auditing.

Cons: Since the ConnectWise acquisition of this product (formerly ScreenConnect), pricing for the self-hosted version has skyrocketed. If you don't want to pay ConnectWise monthly per technician, you're looking at a couple grand for a basic on-premise license which then needs to be renewed annually if you want to receive upgrades & security patches (which isn't really an option to ignore for software that grants remote control).

• Reviewed on 2019/03/01
Griffin C.
IT Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/01

"The ONLY way to manage 100+ endpoint and servers"

Comments: There are many other ways to have remote access but for MSPs and SMBs with just one or two IT guys, this is a experience changing product. Half of my "wizardry"(as my co-workers call it) is done through ConnectWise Control. Whether is fix a broken desktop icon, give them admin rights on the local PC, troubleshoot a mic issue, or update their email signature, I can do it without ever logging in to their PC. Being able to troubleshoot while they can still work is a game changer!

Pros: Setup and deployment takes about 5 minutes if you know what you are doing. Pick a subdomain, download the msi, deploy via gpo, intune, etc. For guest support, send a quick email, they click a link and presto! The remote command line has saved my butt more than a few times!!

Cons: The ONLY thing I have truly needed that isn't available is Remote File Transfer on the mobile apps. I have gotten to where I use the app almost 50% of the time

Joshua H.
Lead Systems Administrator
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/27

"Overall a wonderful remote access solution for employees."

Comments: This provides what seems to be a very sturdy, secure remote access experience.

Pros: I can quickly audit events to find out who/what/where/when of remote access. I can view a timeline of device status/connectivity. The user experience is excellent. It allows copying and pasting into the session, file transfer, printer sharing, and multiple screens. You should get a demo. **even though my "con" section is long, they are by far less trouble than what the product does deliver on.**

Cons: I use the command line and PowerShell for some administrative tasks, but I don't install it on all machines so I rely on other management methods. It could use some more network monitoring functionality, if that is an intended feature of the product, but I think that is what ConnectWise Manage is for. The interface to configure some of the advanced features could use an overhaul because the buttons/controls do not draw on the screen very well. I wish changes to what functionality the users are allowed didn't reboot the instance of Control because it boots everyone off.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/27
Robert H.
IT Operations
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/07

"Formerly ScreenConnect"

Comments: Extremely happy.
We tried TeamView, excellent but pricey.
Very efficient software, would recommend to any IT support people.

Pros: You can deploy the software or your own server
The pricing model is great and you do not feel ripped off
You can choose or not to maintain support
Fast and responsive
Fully customizable

Cons: IT is a bit trickier to setup properly with an SSL Certificate
Some aspects of customization are a bit nebulous.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/07
Nick P.
IT Director

"Very good product"

Comments: We love the software. Since the costs are low, we've been able to add more machines than we had in the past.

Pros: I switched from LogMeIn when they bumped their prices and I am very happy. ConnectWise Control is extremely reliable and a good value for the money. I have found the features to be just as good, if not better than LogMeIn and ConnectWise is available for a fraction of the price.

Cons: Sometimes it can be hard to find the feature you want when you are connected to a host. There are lots of menus, sub-menus, and options. It's great there are so many features, but sometimes it's hard to find what you want.

Robert K.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/23

"Heart of my IT Support Business"

Comments: Most of my IT business model is through myh ConnectWise remote access and control system - so it is the centerpieces of my current business model. I like that I can run and control both ends of the software.

Pros: Allows me to easily access clients computers and provide rapid service. There are many very helpful features so its hard to say which one is the "best". I use the chat feature to communicate with clients before connecting. The ability to organize my client computers into groups allows me to find them fast. The options for setting up support sessions makes it easy to get connected to new clients. It works - simply put.

Cons: I guess I would like the ability to move the full screen access bar that appears from the top of a full screen window to a different location on the screen as it sometimes interferes with MS remote desktop session pulldowns within my own remote session. Maybe they'll add that feature after reading this...

• Reviewed on 2018/10/23