• Overall
    4,6 /5

About monday.com

monday.com is a cloud Work OS, where teams run their projects and everyday work, whether they are in the office, home or on-the-go.

Learn more about monday.com

Showing 2 331 reviews

Brendon B.
Ecommerce Director & Digital Marketing
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/10

"Complex or complete?"

Comments: Clever marketing brought us here, and so far the depth of the product has lived up to the hype. Monday's development is moving a good direction - if they can wean users off of email they might help me get more team buy-in. All said, if you have a strong, vocal PM that won't accept any deliverables that didn't go through the software, this may be all that is required.

Pros: We chose this for the depth of the product, the vision of the company, and the support system. I am quite happy with the product for the time being - options, configurations and communication tools abound, and the different ways of visualizing project data are extremely helpful and open our company to opportunities.

Cons: I have used an immense variety of project management software in my time, and all bring something to the table. Monday brings everything to the table, but the table gets too full. The sheer complexity of the offerings has kept many of my users away, and often I am in the position where I am attempting to rope members back into the software in order to not have to duplicate my reporting. Intimidated by the product, they fall back to inundating the team with email. I don't quite have a picture of how I can fully build out dozens of client folders, each with 10+ boards, each board with 4-5 groups of 1-+ "pulses" each, without anything falling through the cracks, and still knowing that progress is being made. This may be an educational thing on my part.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/10
Graduate Assistant
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/26

"Monday.com Review"

Comments: Over all my experience with Monday was a 50/50 split some things I loved and some things were lacking in functionality for what we needed. Overall I didn't hate it. At the end of the day it just wasn't what we needed to be productive. I think for other users who are using it for design, and business marketing it would be a phenomenal program and the price is very affordable even if you are a small company. Monday might be what you need to get your productivity up to become an even bigger company.

Pros: I liked how Monday.com allows for easy collaboration with team members. It does take some getting used to for me it was easy to get used to because I am more of a computer person and have had many different experiences with a lot of different programs. Everyone else on my team is the complete opposite, however because of Monday.com's modern website design people were able to grasp it because the design is easy on the eyes if that makes sense. It is almost like an easy/drag and drop version of excel. Aside from the design I did love that there were different calendar views like Kanban view and the map view especially. The other things I loved was the forms integration, which made it easy to transfer our clients over from one program to another. As they came in they filled out the short form and were integrated into the calendar pretty easily. Lastly I loved the status column. I was going to use it to check in clients. Red for when they arrived to their appointments, Yellow for when they were waiting and Green for when they were done and waiting on their transportation back home.

Cons: There were a couple of things that I did not like, which made us only use Monday for a short period of time. For one we are a mental health therapy center and we do A LOT of scheduling. While there is a template to schedule clients. It is more so for a few clients and not hundreds. We have multiple therapists and may want to view their appointments sometimes together and sometimes separately and Monday started to get somewhat bulky when trying to do this. We tried doing multiple boards for each therapist and then we tried doing each board as a day of the week and in the end we had too many boards and it was still and either you view this person or that person but not both. On top of that we also schedule activities with clients and that would have been a whole separate view as well. The last thing that we needed was to make recurring appointments for clients that are seen every Tuesday or for ones that are seen every other Thursday etc. This task was extremely bulky and involved using a 3rd party service.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/26
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"Best Team PM Tool Available"

Comments: I work on Monday.com with one of my clients who utilizes it for managing multiple projects with a variety of internal *and* external team members. It's easy to have everyone on the same page, makes communicating easy, and is VERY easy for the uninitiated to get up and running quickly.

Pros: Monday.com is straight out of the box simple to learn and yet it has a huge variety of features to make it as robust as you need it to be. The ability to quickly set up projects, timelines, teams, and tasks is just really almost too easy. Also love being able to easily switch between views (table, Kanban, calendar, etc.) that speak to the way my mind works. Compared to other PM cloud tools that I have used (Trello, Asana, Teamwork, etc.) I found Monday.com to be far easier to get going quickly and without a huge learning curve. Their Knowledge Base is vast, and the customer service is also great. Tips & tricks pop up to help enhance the UX without being annoying. They actually seem to be listening to the user audience and carefully implement improvements that make sense.

Cons: Haven't found any downsides yet! Seriously it's so easy to use I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop!

• Reviewed on 2019/08/22
Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/27

"A More-Intense Version Of Trello"

Comments: As a department head, Monday helped me take care of my work and those under me but also allowed myself to easily view the work and time accomplished by my team. A great tool for those that oversee productivity.

Pros: Like the title states, Monday is a more adult-version of Trello. Tasks are quickly created in a list/timeline type view (your choices). At my company, each department had their own "board" set up with various columns specific to their duties. For my team in content, we had team member names, due dates, site to be published on, status of task, URL of said published link, and, of course, the dreaded time tracking. Individuals, teams, and departments are easily visible and accounted for with the powerful Monday software.

Cons: Time tracking, love it or hate it, is still a manual job. If you forget to start or end a task, the timer will never start keeping track of time or continuously keep running. Fixing time inputs can be difficult. With this, as this is an issue with the click function of their UI... if you click a button/label/element in one way, one menu will pop up but if you click ever-so-slightly differently, then an editing option will appear over the selected UI element... in other words, click expectations can be intuitive or troubling.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/27
Adam J.
Associate Director
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/02

"Collaborative spreadsheets with many time saving and useful features"

Comments: Monday has allowed us to streamline our processes and enables me to see at a glance what projects we have on, where our projects are and what projects are falling behind on timescales etc. As an architectural company we take every client/ job through a complicated process and need to keep track of multiple different 3rd parties (Council, Engineers etc) and multiple different processs (survey, planning, building regs etc). Monday allows us to do this with ease and with the posts and check boxes it allows me to understand where 100’s of projects are whenever I need.

Pros: Simple to use. Very visual orientated - looks good and is easy to understand. Can be tailored to any business model/process. New features are being released all the time. Very engaged company that are listening to their clients and happy to help. Speeds up workflow and allows much greater management of projects, clients, staff and time. Great for to do lists and collaborative working.

Cons: Many superfluous features for our business that are pushed frequently (though I appreciate other business would appreciate them). Would work great if it could collaborate/access online services like Dropbox/GDrive for file management etc. Bit of an odd name - “can you make sure you update Monday” sounds odd. I actually preferred the old name “Dapulse” as we internaly just called it Pulse (which I think fits best as the software allows me to keep my fingers on the pulse of all my projects!)

• Reviewed on 2018/11/02
Zachary C.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/17

"We finally know what we are doing!"

Comments: We have finally moved away from traditional meeting and calendar invites that remind us to complete a task. It was so complicated before Monday.com. But now, we know what our new requests are, what the status is for that request, and who is assigned to said request. No more guessing or confusion.

Pros: Monday.com has helped us log, categorize, and time each of our tasks and projects. The managers are able to have a high-level view of how progress is going, while the team can see the daily details of each and every task. The layout is fun, colorful, and most importantly clean.

Cons: I don't have many negatives about the software. I will say that it can be really easy to accidentally "upgrade" your account to the next level. Before you click "accept" make sure that you know exactly what you are accepting. Otherwise, the software works and functions exactly as promised.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/17
Tristan H.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/25

"Robust Customization Features"

Comments: From the moment I first took a deep dive into Monday.com and it's features, I came away extremely impressed. The ability to create and tweak fully custom layouts is very pleasing and allows for high efficiency production.

Pros: I love the customization features that allow you to create just about anything you desire. The ability to rapidly change the types of views without having to create separate files is incredibly efficient as well.

Cons: There are so many different features and customizable options, that at times it can be a little overwhelming trying to setup the 'perfect' layout.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/25
Will C.
Connections Minister
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/27

"Visually Appealing Project Management"

Comments: I've been evaluating monday.com for the past year, and I'm looking to expand its use in our organization here in year 2 of using this software.

Pros: I really like the overall look of monday.com. It's very visually appealing and easy to see and organize projects and tasks. The Gantt Chart feature is amazing!

Cons: Monday.com is not as intuitive as I would like. It's a little difficult to understand and setup repeating tasks through the automation feature.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/27
Director of Digital Marketing
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/01

"Solid project management platform, great customer service"

Comments: It's a better platform than SmartSheet, Jira, or Asana but still not super inexpensive. It works great for large-scale collaborative projects or companies that have rigid compliance processes, but otherwise, a Google Sheet can work just as well for far less.

Pros: Really great customer service, fun to look at - not the usual Excel spreadsheet look of a lot of project management platforms.

Cons: It's not the most user-friendly and some of the nomenclature doesn't seem to work for our team - they are a bit more old-school.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/01
James R.
CLO
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/04

"Super efficient software, really easy to use."

Comments: Our sales team used this before moving over to Freshsales, and they were very pleased with the interface and the price. My legal team also used it for reviewing contracts, and were also very happy. My personal view on Monday.com is the price could be a little lower to fit in with our ITU budget, however this doesn't lack on quality and certainly not on usability.

Pros: NOTE: We have since moved over to Freshsales as it fitted in more with the rest of our products. Monday is absolutely amazing. It could be easier to use, however what it offers for free is absolutely perfect for small-to-medium businesses and teams. I would highly recommend taking a look at Monday's use cases (available at monday.com/s/software-uses) which can help you understand how their software can benefit your business. I personally really like Monday's ability to pick a template depending on what you'll be using it for, such as recruitment or sales leads. It is also really customisable and flexible depending on how many people will be using it. They also have an app and lots of integrations, enabling maximum use wherever you are.

Cons: Setting up Monday can get a bit tiring, although you won't regret it once it's fully setup. I believe a better pricing structure would not depend on the number of users so broadly. The basic plan with 5 users in your team costs £22 per month, but luckily they do offer a trial which can help you get a better feeling.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/04
Victor S.
dev
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/15

"monday.com is the best Dev Manager"

Comments: It has been great to use Monday for management, I should have hired before

Pros: I am using monday in its most expensive version, I decided to invest and it was worth every penny. It is the best software for controlling team tasks, especially if using Scrum in development, it has greatly increased our production

Cons: The tool itself does not have many negative points. Only the price, I believe it is the most expensive product in the category, but it is worth it when well deployed and used

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/15
Naomi Y.
Software Engineer
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/14

"Design-oriented project/product managers will love Monday.com!"

Pros: The UI is the best part of this software tool! It is very simple, clean and very straightforward. Designers and design-oriented team members will love using this as an organizational and tracking tool. Monday.com took the idea of separate "boards" for separate things to another level. They made certain features more intuitive than its competitors and allowed for seamless collaboration on this tool while keeping your own work separate.

Cons: Unfortunately, this tool is not for everyone. Though I mentioned that it had a very seamless design, it is definitely geared more towards designed focused folks or the millennial generation. About half of our team used this daily, but the other half did not touch it at all because they prefer more tradition styles of project management. It is more of a preference in your work style.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/14
Theatre Arts & Video Gaming Scholar
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/15

"Monday.com"

Comments: Our tasks were not recorded and many fell through the cracks. As we are not interested in a customer ticketing system we needed a way to organize phone requests and email requests. We tried the monday.com trial and we were hooked. At first, it is a little daunting and it takes a little use to organize things as they work best for you. This includes boards and groups. After creating an initial dump of all of our tasks, we were able to tailor groups and views to fit our needs.

Pros: The software is quite feature rich. Being cloud-based there is nothing to install. Mobile applications are available to see task boards on the go.

Cons: We have not found a feature that we don't like. Time tracking for tasks is not available in the two lower paid tiers which is a disappointment.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/15
Lauren N.
Events Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/05

"Instantly in love with this project management tool!"

Comments: Overall it has been a big improvement on consolidating and simplifying my cross-team functions and holding everyone accountable for their tasks! It looks nice and gets the job done.

Pros: I love that the layout/design/overall appearance is very clean, modern, and colorful. The automations are so useful and efficient. Each of our teams at my company are using Monday.com for pretty different purposes and it fits like a glove for all of them! I like that you can use attachments, links, statuses, dropdowns, individual sub-item due dates/notifications, and you can see who saw their notifications/boards.

Cons: One thing I wish it had, and maybe I'm just too new to find it, is that I want to make rules to make people unable to change a Status unless they have marked another column in a certain way (like they can't mark it Complete unless they attach a document to a certain column, or something like that). Otherwise I haven't found any real issues with it!

• Reviewed on 2021/01/05
Elysa A.
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/13

"Saved the day"

Comments: Chose this platform after much research and needed to implement it quickly. is the 1st of its kind at our office and people took to it rather well. I'm pretty limited when it comes to IT but it was easy for me to figure it out. whatever questions i had were always promptly answered by a Monday.com employee (by phone or email) and we even set up a couple of Video conference calls to help set me up. Super helpful!

Pros: Easy to use
Great customer support
Affordable
Love the interface

Cons: would be great that when you uploaded an excel spreadsheet that it wouldn't chose a column type for you. if it the wrong one, its a pain to change them all. also, if i want to change column type, dont create a new one, simply change the one i selected.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/13
Renee D.
Senior Project Manager, Learning Projects
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/10

"implementation has been easy and simple, displays and dashboards are visually interesting"

Comments: It provides us with visibility to all the projects the members of our team are currently and in the future, working on. This allows us to see capacity among our team and to report the various projects and their status to our leadership.

Pros: The ability to use colors, set up our projects the way we want to, flexibility of the system, customer support has been responsive and helpful, online help is very useful and organized well with a great search feature

Cons: The flexibility of the product is both a benefit and challenge, you have to play around with multiple iterations of the boards to find what works best for your team. It would be great to have some level of alerting for due dates indicated in either the timeline feature or the date feature (ex: set up to receive alerts X days before something is due). For example, if it was a setting, either at the account level or the board level, and it simply puts a notification into the inbox of the person (or persons) on the pulse, that would be most helpful. To take that one step further, being able to search or filter by that date too would be nice (although that might be more complex).

• Reviewed on 2017/11/10
George M.
Lead Customer Success Manager
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/08

"A Swiss army knife for task management"

Pros: It has tons of features that keep on growing; we specifically loved and utilized the latest additions of time tracking and linking pulses between different boards.
Its features allow for considerably different uses across various teams. We have used it for tracking the development process of tasks for our backend developers team, as a tool for our onboarding team to manage the entire process, as well as as reviewal board for any renewals for our sales team.

Cons: The UI, while relatively clean, is a bit heavy.
The terminology, e.g., pulses, boards, etc, is a bit difficult to grasp at first.
The ability to associate emails with specific pulses is very useful, but I would love for a more elegant and simple solution

• Reviewed on 2019/01/08
Scientist
Pharmaceuticals, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/23

"Extensive Features for All Data Organization Under the Sun"

Comments: Overall excellent app with a great design. Has an extensive range of features making it useful for just about any team in some regard.

Pros: Monday has so many features, and the development team is consistently releasing new ones. Time tracking, activity logging, the ability to add notes, Monday has it all and then some. What I liked most was the display - the visual customization that is offered is incredibly extensive. The visual timelines, the color and shading coding, and the project groupings can be changed as needed and it adds to the organizational capacity that the software offers. I've worked with Asana, Slack, and trialed other team organization software and I think Monday has the most options for customization out of them all.

Cons: With many features and customization options comes a bit of a learning curve. Getting the team up to speed with the options we would use and how to make them work appropriately took a little time, but it's an initial upfront time cost for the benefit of having an abundance of tools at your disposal. The cost may also be a little prohibitive for an individual user or even a small team, but it's not outrageous by any means.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/23
Chargée de projet
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/04

"One of the best project management tool I have used so far."

Comments: It save time for my project planification and organization for the work of my team. We improved our productivity and communication flow.

Pros: Monday is very customizable and useful to track many little tasks as well as big projects. It could be use in a simple or complex way to suits your specific needs.
The user interface is easy to use/navigate and looks good.
For me, the best feature in Monday is definitely the search and filters. No matter how many boards/pulses/projects/users you have, you can find the info you need quickly.
Moreover, the customer service is awesome and reachable.
Monday constantly improve the product and add new features.

Cons: I do not have bad thing to say. As they constantly improve the products, all of the cons are resolved one by one.
I have not yet mastered the inbox and notifications. Maybe it's me or maybe something could be improve here.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/04
Joe C.
Account Director
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/23

"A great option for agencies & project managers"

Comments: Marketing & design agencies absolutely NEED a project management tool to keep everyone organized and on-task. Monday is one of the better PM tools that I have seen out there. Easy to use, easy to look.

Pros: The best part about the Monday project management tool is the simple-to-use, intuitive layout and operating system. Having a tool that is easy to look at and makes sense visually is a huge plus.

Cons: Monday is a fantastic project management option but overall, the price is what kept my team from implementing this on a company-wide scale.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/23
Charles C.
IT Specialist
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/20

"I love Monday.com!"

Pros: The UI design is visually pleasing and makes the program easy to use.
The software can be easily customized for different types of projects.
Time tracking is great and helps us account for time spent on any given project.
Monday.com can be easily integrated with popular apps I use such as trello and slack.
I also love the quick and helpful customer support from the team.

Cons: It's really difficult finding any fault with this software. The one single issue I can think of it that the interface seems to wide, such that you have to do a lot to scrolling to see everything, especially for small screens.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/20
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"Awesome Communications and Process Flow Software"

Comments: Our company needed a central hub to keep our sales team properly communicated, as well as updated sales funnels. We also needed a ticketing system for IT support for our users. We also needed a central project management tool to help keep our priorities straight among cross functional teams. We also needed a place to keep our to-do's and action items supervised, with the ability to monitor individual performance and assign new tasks as needed to subordinates. We found the ability to do all that in monday.com. The platform is super simple to understand, they have a very extensive library of "boards" that allow you to create different types of process flows. You can send new info into your board via email, and you can respond from the app via email updates. This is a great tool to have a number of communication processes under the same roof.

Pros: Ease of use, simple implementation and ability to have groups by roles as well as private process flows.

Cons: Lack of flexibility on some complex business flows, but they keep adding features on a regular basis that help counter their perceived lack of flexibility

• Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Abimbola K.
Customer Support Team Lead
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/01

"Our productivity is maximized."

Pros: Beautiful usual interface and visuals. It has enabled us to be more productive by reducing the number of emails we exchange across teams and even the number of meetings.
Monday.com enable us change messages we receive from Slack into tasks on monday.com.Thereby making it possible to transform conversations into tasks.
While also enabling us upload attachments and our files right from our projects.

Cons: When we first adopted Monday.com we were able to make comments on pdf documents, however this was suddenly changed all of a sudden without even a notice. Will be great to have this feature back.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/01
Eric A.
VP
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/19

"Great organizational tool for teams and projects, that will have you wanting a little more"

Comments: I really like Monday. It's helped my business scale, and help keep track of accountability across all the employees. Instead of using very clunky Google sheets for project managing, this has been a streamlined replacement.

Pros: The ease of use is the best. My team was able to learn the software in less than an hour or so, and we've been more organized overall as an organization. All of our kick off meetings are based on our monday.com boards.

Cons: I wish there were some more ways to track and input info/data into the separate entries. It's more of a strictly project mgmt software, as I still chat and use different programs like telegram, google drive, etc. in order to finish these projects. So am constantly going in and out of the app

• Reviewed on 2020/01/19