• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5

About Airtable

Airtable is the database that anyone can use with a beautiful spreadsheet interface.

Learn more about Airtable

Showing 1 119 reviews

Shawn J.
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/22

"Great Amalgamation of a Spreadsheet & Database"

Comments: I have used AirTable in several areas of my life, but the best example is with a high school program I volunteer with. We have 150 students with 15 advisors, with over 100 data points, in 20 locations. Prior to AirTable, keeping track of everything was a nightmare. Something as simple as trying to contact a student involved either all advisors adding all 150 students into their phone contact list (and update every year) or calling the lead advisor who had to look through a stack of papers to find a number. With AirTable it was as simple as typing in their name and pressing their cell number which automatically dialed them up. I could go on and on about how much AirTable has changed the way I do many aspects of my business and personal life, this was just an example to show how easy it makes things.

Pros: The fact that basically all database applications I tried were basically meant for enterprise-level businesses, and generally required a steep learning curve to even set up. I only needed basic database functionality, and to be able to easily edit single or groups of entries. AirTable solved this perfectly. Also, the team over there seem to be constantly adding on new functionality, which I see and realize that could solve problems I did not even realize I had. The best part is just how easy it is to use. I have some people on my team that are far from tech-savvy, and with a quick overview, they were even able to utilize it.

Cons: Their forms have a bit to be desired, but that is mostly just the appearance when I send them out. Also when sorting and filtering, it requires 3 or so clicks, when I think they could make it one.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/22
Mario G.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/19

"Do you need a database, use formulas and create automations? YOU NEED AIRTABLE"

Comments: I recommend a lot of people use Airtable and apply all the process of their companies. I'm really proud of this incredible product that i'm sure that will growth a lot (Microsoft are copying them, Google too...)

Pros: Las features of automations are AMAZING, if you use it correctly you can automate ALL your company process

Cons: Statistics and logs can be improved or tools for monitoring your services if you run it on production (like my case)

• Reviewed on 2020/11/19
Steve M.
Director of Digital Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/30

"Only limited by your time and creativity"

Comments: We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

Pros: Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

Cons: With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers.
A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

• Reviewed on 2019/12/30
Coordinator
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/25

"So close to perfect!"

Comments: Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Pros: Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep track of all my tasks involved in coordinating the events. I also like how easily you can share it with others and work on it with others. The interface is clean and works well for me both on my desktop and tablet. The last thing I like most about this software is the ability to have an attachment field. When coordinating travel for myself and others, I appreciate being able to attach our flight itineraries, travel approvals, and any other important documents directly to the table. It's a great way to keep it all in one place.

Cons: Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis. Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/25
Director of Operations and Product Development
Animation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/27

"fantastic solution for information-oriented project management"

Pros: * lends itself well to building information tracking resources
* simple data-driven layout
* scalable project areas
my operations team uses airtable to manage a lot of information flow and have converted complex tracking resources into the airtable format. the fact that we now utilize the app for a lot of these solutions is a testament to its immediate strengths. i enjoy how airtable doesn't necessarily force me into any specific workflow, which has been the major reason why other project management solutions don't work--everyone has a different philosophy around project management.

Cons: * pricing model
* learning curve
* communication management
* lack of certain standard features
there are a lot of glaring pain points that my team encounters on a weekly basis which makes airtable, not necessarily the perfect solution but rather the best we've found so far. first off, airtable is too expensive for my company based specifically on their pricing model. to note, airtable charges per user per workspace. each member of my team manages specific projects related to a different area of the business. for ease of organization, we have a separate airtable workspace built to accomodate each employee. for example, we have a workspace for finance projects and a workspace for customer support projects. from a visual project management standpoint, this makes the most sense. sometimes our finance manager will need to engage and comment on a project base going on in the customer support workspace and vice versa. this engagement occurs daily. if you're a single user, incredibly small team or your company is client-based (where these costs would go into your billing), airtable's pricing model may not be much of a hinderance. there is a high learning curve when you get started. this is about a week of tutorials and deep-diving into the app. a lot of this time was spent modifying personal workflows to best utilize airtable. after that week of hair-pulling and a lot of cursing at our computer screens everything immediately became easier. one strong flaw in airtable is its team communication solutions. you have the ability to run comment strings on individual data rows, but an overall tab dedicated to general discussion would be immensely helpful to streamline discussion and reduce the amount of hunting/pecking for information. for a project management solution, airtable is fairly weak at offering seemingly standard task management features like scheduled notifications and workback timelines. after enough online digging, you can sometimes stumble upon a "good enough" solution. on this subject, archiving is not at all available, which is one of the more "seriously?" missing features.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Mathias E.
The Chewbacca of EdTech
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/09

"Helped us understand complex projects"

Comments: I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that. When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation. It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable. With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

Pros: The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc. Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it. We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes.
An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

Cons: I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/09
David K.
Developer
Computer Games, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/26

"Honestly, the cure for the common spreadsheet"

Comments: I didn't like Google Sheets,and I didn't like sharing Excel or .csv files all the time through Dropbox, Slack or email. Airtable is gloriously pleasant to use. After using for several years, no bug has ever intruded on me when using Airtable, which makes a very small list of products I've ever used on a regular basis. I don't use other Software as a Service tools anymore for CRMs, email lists, or really data tracking of any kind. Everything like this can be done in Airtable in a way that is flexible and fully understood and clear. My most common recommendation is for people to just start by using Airtable for free simply for a shared grocery list, then go from there.

Pros: Airtable doesn't even require a tutorial, pricing is easy, the forms are far easier to distribute and embed than other similar tools, and their integration with really every kind of data I use is seamless. Also Airtable's Blocks blow my mind.

Cons: I feel like their pricing page could be a bit more immediately intuitive and simplified, though that's seriously nitpicking because it's better than most pricing pages. Also, the Universe functionality isn't as widespread across different fields as it might seem at first, if people are only looking to use templates from other people.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/26
Evan S.
Vessel IT Team Lead
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/04

"A Database in the Cloud!"

Comments: I have used Airtable since beta, and overall been very happy with the product.

Pros: I love the ability to link records in tables to create a customized view/form that allows for easy data entry.

Cons: Doesn't work Offline :( this is the #1 issue with the software, but in order to do what it needs to (collaborate and sync) always on connectivity makes sense

• Reviewed on 2019/12/04
Michelle M.
Consultant
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/22

"Airtable - Visual Data, Browser Friendly, Easy To Use"

Comments: Overall, I really liked this app, and I have already recommended it to folks who have projects that need some kind of group and resource management tool but don't warrant a full-blown project management suite. I found the free version to be very flexible in use, and the pre-designed tables they offer as templates are well thought-out.

Pros: The interface is one of the most appealing things about Airtable, once you figure out that it's ALL visual. If you already have some kind of background in using databases or embedded spreadsheets, the process of cataloging your information in Airtable is extremely easy. If you forget a table/group/collection, there is almost always a way to add it on the fly without having to start your entire project over. Put anything you want into your tables, like photos, video, URLs, MP3s, or documents. I like that no one has to download anything to use Airtable - it works in a browser.

Cons: When I set this up for a band I was managing, I couldn't find instructional video to direct them to as a tutorial. The members without computer background still needed hand-holding because they were expecting more menus spelling out exactly what to do, like in a computer app.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/22
Hilary paige S.
Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/23

"Great, highly customizable tool"

Comments: I am a power user of AirTable and I use it for everything. I've also used it extensively for personal projects. This is my go-to tool for small businesses because it has so many applications.

Pros: AirTable is very customizable and their template library is second to none. I've used it in depth to organize projects for entire teams and I've used for everything from content calendars to request forms. It is such a powerful tool for marketers.

Cons: AirTable is very easy to break. It requires very detailed documentation on the part of the administrator to help teams understand why the may see filters disappear or things seemingly get deleted.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/23
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"So many possible uses for every industry!"

Comments: We are using it to manage event attendee data, prospects, membership sales, marketing assets, social media post schedules, and more. Its as easy to set up a new database tool as it is to set up a spreadsheet, but much, much more versatile. Since we can set up just the data fields we need, our customer relationship database, in contrast to traditional CRM solutions like Salesforce, Hubspot and Zoho, is easy to navigate and flexibly grows with our needs.

Pros: More than a spreadsheet on steroids, Airtable is a cloud relational database that opens possibilities for improved productivity, creativity, sales and more for companies large and small. Because it is based on number of records, small organizations can take it for a spin for free and grow into it. Need a new feature? chances are its in the works...one of the many benefits of SAAS. I've found it's formula fields and easy uploads to be invaluable in analyzing, prospecting, collecting relationship-building data, accounting and forecasting for my new and growing business and the local chamber I volunteer for.

Cons: Though based on records, as you add users the price can get quite high for data management, making its competition - a custom SQL database - a better priced option.

Sarah B.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/13

"Fantastic relational database to manage projects effectively"

Comments: Airtable makes it easy for us to create workspaces for all of our projects, where we can store all types of files and always have them at hand, we can work as a team and collaborate with our colleagues from anywhere while continuing to make progress in the fulfillment of our tasks. It encourages organized and collaborative work, saving execution time. It is efficient, intuitive and collaborative software, ideal for any organization that needs to store, analyze and manage information.

Pros: We have been able to plan and manage all our projects through the creation of workspaces where we store and share all kinds of data, from text to images and documents. Airtable's interface is very familiar as it is a spreadsheet type and its features, functions and reports provide us with all the facilities to advance in our projects. The best relational database.

Cons: It takes a little time to adopt the software, so you have to be patient to take advantage of its many features, the learning curve to overcome is really worth it.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/13
Jemma B.
Video Editor
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/02

"For when you use spreadsheets for things other than numbers"

Comments: I enjoy airtable. It's the only spreadsheet software I really like to use.

Pros: I love the muliuse and multiviews of airtable. I'm in video production and it's nice to have one place where I can store everything from budgets, production calendars, gear lists, crew surveys for meals, collaborative post production workflow etc . I also use it in marketing to keep track of our our social media calendar and as a task manager. At home, I use it to manage my expenses, my freelance work, and to organize my travel.

Cons: I wish it had a better tutorial. While I am willing to go look for answers and explore how to make and use a base, I have a lot of coworkers that are too used to excel and similar spreadsheets that they can't grasp how to efficiently use airtable. This frustrate them and they turn back to excel or google sheets. If the tutorial was a bit more comprehensive or force a user to take a spin when they first joined airtable (possibly even gamify it to point out what people can do with it), I could see more old corporate people understanding the use of the software if it's spelled out for them.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/02
Tier 2 Help Desk Technician
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/01

"Great For Personal & Business Use"

Comments: Wonderful support, wonderful product. I use Airtable both professionally and personally. After the learning curve passed, I have recommended the platform to everyone. The plus side is that you can use the free version and not miss much at all. It is such a great product for anyone.

Pros: The ability to have a very user friendly database that can be configured for any use case. Anything from personal recipe catalogs to fully keeping track of product launches and beta testing. There are templates you can select or customize the tables to your specific needs.

Cons: There is a BIG learning curve. As much as I love Airtable, it took me a while to understand how to use and customize everything. Luckily there are training courses that made it so much easier to learn. It's a pain to have to study a platform, but the end result is worth it.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/01
Rachel N.
Communications Project Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/18

"I LOVE AIRTABLE!"

Pros: Super customizable and user-friendly. Very easy to set up. Lots of features and constantly updating to add more. Fun newsletters, too!

Cons: Honestly, I can't think of any. I really do love it.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/18
Brian F.
Senior Materials Engineer
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/21

"Airtable"

Pros: Airtable is a great tool for task organization and information management. We primarily use it for managing internal training and equipment information. This includes training logs, manuals, documentation, and personnel information. Airtable allows us to easily update which operators are trained for all out our instruments, as well as when re-training is due. Airtable makes both accessing and editing this information very clear and simple. We also use it for machine maintenance and calibration logs, as well as storing training and safety documentation where they can easily be accessed. It is very easy and straightforward to generate these tables, and they assemble very nicely. They are presentable without a lot of the formatting work needed for Google Sheets and Excel, where data is very difficult to present in spreadsheet form without a lot of work.

Cons: The lack of functions is really the only deficiency I have noted thus far with Airtable. Unlike Excel or Sheets, Airtable is not great for data analysis or manipulation. While this sort of functionality is not what Airtable seems to be intended for, it means that Airtable has some noted deficiencies compared to Excel/Sheets. Effectively this means that it is best utilized in conjunction with these, and cannot act as an all-in-one replacement.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/21
Sam A.
Consultant
Research, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/19

"Beautiful database manager"

Comments: I use it to maintain the database of projects at work. And I use it to keep track of my clients and work/hour/income.

Pros: The user interface is beautiful and intuitive. It is easy to use and has so many features, making it a pleasure to create and edits databases. I love how each column can be programmed with different features for data type.

Cons: Editing cells can be a bit slower than spreadsheet software. For example, bulk editing of cells is not so easy with Airtable.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/19
Samanta R.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/13

"Great tool for remote teams"

Comments: We've been working with Airtable not that long, but it has improved our workflow so much, allowing our remote and in-house team to have a common format on the way we organize and schedule our assignments.
Everyone loves spreadsheets now!

Pros: Airtable has allowed my team to create really complex calendars which can be updated as the process progresses.
It allows to make assignments and it sends automatic mails to the ones involved.
Everyone can see the changes that are made within the document and who had made them.
Airtable is great, it has really powerful tools for creating tables that you can customize and adapt perfect to any need of your team.

Cons: Since it has a lot of options, it is difficult to learn, specially for people that are not familiar with spreadsheets.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/13
Chais M.
Co-Founder
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/12

"More than a simple relational database..."

Comments: We literally run our $500,000/year custom apparel & accessory small business (24 Hour Tees) exclusively with Airtable (and many other excellent third-party tools that play nicely with Airtable) #BusinessIntegrations #BusinessHacking

Pros: We are thrilled with Airtable and it is the only way we start out a new business idea! When we need to track data for new businesses, tracking everything a business can track (customer info, transaction details, service tickets, timesheets, profits & losses, etc.), we choose Airtable because we love the convenience it provides our team! #WeFeelLikeDatabaseManagers #NotReallyButClose

Cons: In its current version, Airtable is a bit on the consumer side... If Airtable added the following features I believe more businesses would use it exclusively as their business database:
- Linking Records Between Bases
- Allowing Commenting via the API
- Better internal (templated) CRM Management (User Front Front End - Possible GUI interface like your 'form' tool)
- Webhooks from specific views

• Reviewed on 2018/10/12
Beth F.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"Great light weight asset & "stuff" management tool"

Comments: We've used Airtable as a lightweight project management tool, to track partnerships, and track a schedule and content for social media.

Pros: Airtable is a very versatile tool for tracking all kinds of stuff. You can get started very, very quickly using their pre-built templates. Templates exist for pretty much anything you want to do: project management, task tracking, content tracking, schedules, etc. The tool includes Kanban boards and the ability to group by any of your columns. As you work and get a feel for how to best use the tool, you can adjust the templates as needed - and it is generally easy enough to change the structure as you go. Although I have not use them, Airtable also has APIs available so hopefully it will be easy enough to integrate with existing tools.

Cons: While it is very flexible, it is not a replacement for true story and project management tools like Jira. The support for tracking burndown and velocity really isn't there - and I wouldn't use it if it was. Airtable isn't meant to replace formal tools like that. Because I am not in the tool as much as I should be, I do sometimes get lost in trying to find things. You can search for "bases" which are grouped sets of tables - but there really isn't a global content search at the top level. Additionally as of right now, you can not link between bases. That does limit use sometimes when multiple teams are working together - but it can be overcome.

Jessica H.
Stay at home mom
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/28

"My favorite software!"

Comments: In the past few years, I've become a bit of a spreadsheet junkie. This is the perfect program! I can access from an app or online so my information is always available. I much prefer using Airtable over Excel and will use it instead whenever possible.

Pros: -can be accessed from anywhere via either the app or the website so I always have access to my info
-very intuitive and simple to use
-more options for categorizing entries so feels like a better use for more than just number entry
-very small learning curve; it is easy to figure out how to use the program

Cons: -I wish it were more capable of doing formulas when necessary, like Excel. The formula option is extremely confusing.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/28
Jason S.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/02

"Use this to run my whole company"

Comments: Overall its been great and their support is the best out there!

Pros: Great customer support. You can customise this to anything you want it to be.
Their API is great as well as their documentation and support

Cons: The only problem I have with this software is the terrible iOS applications. If I want to use it on my iPad I do no use the app but rather the web browser due to the lack of functionality.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/02
Owner, Operator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/18

"An All Around LifeSaver!"

Comments: Airtable overall is hands down the best resource I have at my fingertips. I couldn't ask for a more versatile software.

Pros: This software houses everything I need. I use it to track my bills and finances, to house my workflow both at work and at home. To communicate quickly and easily with my co-workers and also as a resource for all the volunteer work I do. As a mom of a child with special needs, and a busy working mom too, everything can get very muddled and out of sync. Airtable lets me keep it all together and helps me not to miss all the little details that keep my days running.

Cons: I wish there were more templates for household things, but for the most part, I can create anything I need within the airtable system.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/18
Kosta K.
Market Research, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/21

"It just works..."

Comments: Perfect

Pros: AirTable just works. The thing you would compare it to would be something like Google Sheets but really it's more of something in the middle between Microsoft Access or some DB application and Google Sheets. What's amazing is just how simple it is to setup - it's hard to describe an application where everything "Just works" but AirTable is that application. Everytime I'm not sure if AirTable will work with what I'm trying to do - it just does. There are other substitues coming into the market now and I've tried them but you can't compare them to AirTable and its breadth of integrations/apps and even its own scripting language. What's great about AirTable is that it's so easy to start using but has a very high degree of flexibility where you can pretty much do anything you want to do with it. I use it for pretty much everything - both for personal use, habit tracking, daily planning and calendar allocation, project management, CRM. Basically anytime I have data that needs tobe inputted and tracked/modified in some way AirTable always pulls through for me. So in summary
* Very easy to get started
* Can handle more complex requirements
* Cool interface / friendly
* Cool apps to extend your data

Cons: Nothing I can really think of from the top of my head.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/21
Jessica L.
Executive Director
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/02

"So impressed with Airtable"

Pros: I run a nonprofit law firm and Airtable has made us exponentially more productive. We have a base for fundraising where we input donors, and then input their donations as they occur. Airtable tracks donations by date, and also by donor, which makes sending end of year donation letters a breeze. We also have a base for our client list that we can use to check for conflicts. Where we used to have to manually input client information into a spreadsheet, we now have them fill out a form that sends everything to the client base. This has cut down on time spend doing administrative tasks drastically, and also eliminated our need for many paper forms. Customizing the form feature is a paid service, and one that we didn't think twice about upgrading for. As a nonprofit (and one that lives on a tight budget), I think this is saying a lot. But the monthly fee is well worth it. Not only is Airtable easy to use, but it's also visually appealing.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/02