Adobe Captivate Prime Reviews

by Adobe Captivate Prime

• Overall
    4,2 /5
    3,8 /5
    3,9 /5

About Adobe Captivate Prime

Train employees, partners and customers effectively with a next-gen LMS that delivers an elevated learning experience.

Learn more about Adobe Captivate Prime

Francis M.
cito
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/14

"Captivate as a tool for LMS"

Comments: Still a newbie will know more as i interact. However the features are what drew us to this software

Pros: presentation development and deployment as well as integration to adobeconnect

Cons: Instal was a handful
and took very long.

Mitchell F.
Retail Training Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/12

"Solid LMS that's in the process of improving."

Comments: The software meets our needs, and hosts all content we need. It takes a lot of learning to grasp the system, and you will be doing most of the learning on your own. Certainly a competitive service. Definitely worth your consideration.

Pros: This software has all the features that you may be looking for in an LMS. It has some CRM features, can host all standard e-learning file types, has a social learning function, and allows for a solid user experience.

Cons: I didn't like how there is no method to execute all functions on the LMS without swapping between user profiles. Admin has certain permissions, as does the author and learner roles. It's your responsibility to learn which profile type does what. Additionally, the customer service is quite slow. If you're looking for quick support on the service, you'd be better off troubleshooting on your own. I rarely get an appointment with my CapPrime rep within the same week I request it. Finally, the system is inexpensive, but requires a big upfront cost. They currently only offer a 3-year commitment plan to the service. If I would've known about the speed of customer service I would've reconsidered our choice.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/12
Cassie C.
HR-Training and Development Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/17

"RAE Corp - Captivate Prime Review"

Comments: It has been good. I wouldn't say great. The customer support is good, very responsive and friendly but often they don't have a solution or explanation for what I need help with. The product is good. It's user friendly but sometimes it can be glitchy and doesn't seem to accommodate every thing that we need it to do in a manufacturing facility.

Pros: I like the new social aspects, developing content and always having fresh content is a huge tasks and I have a very small team so I can see how that will be extremely helpful especially for professional positions.
It is very easy to use, I demo's several learning management systems before deciding and this one seemed most practical and affordable.
My rep is great and very responsive.

Cons: The reports. It does an okay job of reporting what activities have taken place, but there is still a lot of information that we need that we cannot easily get. We have to do a lot of manipulating in excel to get the info we need. Examples: who can who has logged in but it doesn't tell you who hasn't logged in. You cannot export a report from the content library to easily see what all content exists in the system. Admins don't get notified or have a central place to review what is happening in the social aspect of the system or course discussion boards so it is very hard to control and make sure people don't post anything that would be considered unprofessional or misleading.
We need our employees to engage in and track their hands on training but they work in a manufacturing setting, they aren't at computers all day, they don't have access, and most don't know how, to upload a document to confirm they completed an activity module.
Because many of our employees don't have computer access on the shop floor they also don't have work email accounts so it would be extremely helpful for them to receive push notifications via text messaging, I know that currently exists for billing and password recovery I don't understand why it isn't possible for enrollment notifications.
Supervisors cannot communicate or do evaluations with their employees through the system. I know several LMS systems we demo'd did include that, I was suprised that Adobe didn't have something like that.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/17
Carolyne B.
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/27

"TQR - Review"

Comments: Overall I think it's a good program, there are a few things that are missing but overall we are satisfied with the quality and usability.

Pros: It's easy to use. You're able to upload a wide range of documents to make it custom for learning.

Cons: There are some features that are missing that would benefit us... for example, setting a time limit on a course or building a quiz in the program rather than having to out source it. Ultimately, the more things you can host yourselves would be best in terms of ease of use as well as the ability to protect costs.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/27
William L.
Teacher
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/20

"Good trial but expensive"

Comments: Excellent LMS

Pros: Pretty well organized , attractive , easy to use , a lot of tools , many connections

Cons: Very expensive , we can’t afford it , I am a teacher trying to offer to my university an lms , but I know they would pay all that money

Emily L.
Travel Agent
Consumer Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/07

"Best Editing Software for Businesses"

Comments: It's a trusted label. The marketing is perfect and helped me choose the right tool to use that will help save time money and effort.

Pros: I really enjoyed the ease of use. The software has minimal bloat or ads so its really easy to know exactly what to do or to help prevent people from making mistakes or getting lost in the beginning of a process.
I've has several customers I ended up recommending this software to because they need to work on certain documents. Sometimes they dont have access to a printer or scanner so I can get their documents back right away.

Cons: I dislike that it doesn't come with more instruction. It does have a learning curve but it's not too hard to figure out. I would like to see more webinars on the website instructing businesses and users on the best way to use the software.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/07
Chantelle C.
Web Content Writer
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/21

"An intelligent LMS Solution for eLearning and Enhanced Engagement"

Comments: One of the major problems that we were trying to overcome was how to deploy our eLearning modules, presentations, and learning plans while still tracking user engagement, retention, and participation all without requiring our own hosted server. Adobe Captivate Prime delivers this solution while providing us with exceptional support.

Pros: The major positive that has Adobe Captivate as our top choice is the wealth of functionality that it comes with. It completely blows the competition out of the water where features are concerned. Whether you want to record training presentations, do screen capturing, schedule notifications and reports, create learning plans, or incentivize your learning modules, prime basically has it all. The program is intelligent in its format delivery allowing our users to change their languages, formats, or playback methods, and it enables enhanced user engagement through offline learning, gamification, badges, bookmarks and revision notes. Unlike other programs, Adobe Captivate delivers for those who want to create an enjoyable eLearning experience.

Cons: Despite Adobe Captivate’s attempts at a more modern user-interface with flat menus and no hidden buttons, the software is not intuitive for those jumping in for the first time. Unfortunately, a lot of the functionality of the software is buried deep within the thick menus and because of the single web page architecture, you need to invest in a lot of time to sort through the program to find what you need. With dozens of buttons and menus, you end up investing a ton of time into experimentation and tutorial reading. This is definitely a piece of software for those who want to use it and nothing else, as jumping in and “going with the learning flow” is not as easy as they make it sound.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/21
Juergen K.
Training academy Manager
Machinery, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/11

"Review from Makino"

Comments: With the platform we are able to make training easy available for all our learner and helps to create a learning culture. We can share training between different global platform.

Pros: Easy to use and to understand. possibility to share contents with other platforms. Android and IOS app.
Everything starts with the skills approach. Possibility of different language for one content. No plug in necessary for the player. Reporting module.
Possibility to work with the different roles. unlimited storage space.
Support is doing well.

Cons: Learning calendar is not working well and don't give a good overview about all classroom training planned.
Migration of skills or other things to complicate. No calendar about the utilization of all instructor available .
Calculation of the effectiveness should be different in case L3 feedback is disabled since the L3 feedback does not make sense for the most of short online courses. In the view of the courses as a admin or Author we need filter to separate classroom training from online and courses shared to you or shared to others.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/11
Wandajean J.
Digital Learning Evangelist
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/13

"Best in Class"

Comments: My team employed ACP to support a sales team. This team was frustrated with how cumbersome it was to load training onto the existing LMS and learners needed a better/mobile experience. We achieved BOTH with ACP. There's no turning back now.

Pros: The software is absolutely up-to-date. Learners have mentioned that the learner-centric interface and functionality are what they appreciate the most about this system. It's easy to interact with the content in the mobile app as well. They are motivated by the gamification options and by each other. Customer support is relatively fast and very personable.

Cons: Our Admin team setup mock courses and learning programs for testing purposes only. We went back in to clean out those test files, but the system would not allow us to delete them. We have to live with these test files in the archive. Not a showstopper, but it's silly to not be able to delete them. Also, there are some cases where the L&D team wants managers to review/grade their own employees easily. This was not an automatic option in the system.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/13
Brynette B.
OD Consultant
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Great product for on line training"

Comments: Due to healthcare we cannot always have people attend classroom training. This product allows us the chance to train someone while giving them the chance to have hands on practice. It enhances the adult learning programs we have in place.

Pros: This product is interactive allowing the end user to simulate the software. The recording function is easy to use. Edits are simple.

Cons: Difficulty using the function of setting up a menu that needs to be in order and making the end user go through modules in order. The check mark and X functionality.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/26
Angel C.
IT Support
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/04

"creativity"

Comments: I love the functions and how excellent it is to design actions and distance courses

Pros: The very interesting things that can be developed with the software.

Cons: There is not much information and the support is very basic

• Reviewed on 2019/10/04
Michael L.
Curriculum Developer
Military, 10 000+ Employees

"Easy to Use"

Comments: Excellent! It is easy and allows interactive training development that is of quality for today's business needs.

Pros: What I liked most was the ease of learning how to use the software

Cons: I haven't found any yet, and hope I don't

Benjamin B.
President of Technical Services
Construction, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/18

"Adobe Captivate Prime"

Comments: With Adobe Captivate, we have been able to quickly create responsive training courses for our employees. The tools that Captivate provides a layer of engagement that previous training courses lacked. The incorporation of Fluid Boxes has been instrumental in creating training for our employees to take on their mobile devices so that they can access it at anytime from anywhere.

Pros: I like the ability to customize and add javascript to allow for custom interactions. There are a lot of free tools and templates that have helped me to create courses with more engaging techniques. The integration of other adobe apps like Photoshop also help greatly to speed up my workflow and processes.

Cons: Finding support for more custom and advanced features can be difficult as the user base isn't as larger as other Adobe products.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/18
Mitchell J.
Virtual Architect
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/20

"Adobe Captivate Prime - Easy to Use and Run LMS"

Pros: Product is very user friendly.
Product is very administrator friendly.
Product is very manager and training friendly.

Cons: Badges are a bit outdated.
Need to have an Adobe ID to use and manage and author.

Mia S.
Business Admin Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/30

"Good Product"

Pros: Fairly easy to use with a lot of functions to assist with document reviewing. Page recognition for editing is a great feature.

Cons: Nothing I can think of, system works for what I need it for.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/30
Keri H.
Energy intake worker
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/27

"Dependable"

Comments: Everything about it is just wonderful, I have no complaints whatsoever

Pros: I can always rely on this when scheduling my clients for their appt. I get reminders 24 hours before the appt. So I have time to prepare for them.

Cons: Nothing it's absolutely perfect! It's performed all functions and not had an error yet and it's been over year

• Reviewed on 2019/10/27
Joshua R.
creative director
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/31

"I love it"

Pros: how easy it is to use and the results it puts out so fast

Cons: nothing comes to mind, i have tried other similar programs and this seems to be the best

• Reviewed on 2019/05/31
Director Enterprise Solutions
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/17

"Perspective of a light user"

Comments: It gives me what I need to make video recordings of trainings and demos at a much higher quality than a recorded webinar. Once you figure out the quirks, it's easy to replicate the steps from project to project.

Pros: We use the Captivate suite for elearning development. My use is primarily limited to creating training video recordings to achieve higher quality than simply recording a web conference/webinar. From that perspective, I like the ability to create video demos and edit them to remove my hesitations and other hiccups. With a simple USB microphone, the audio quality is very good, and the ability to do basic editing meets my needs. I like being able to easily create multiple mini videos and combine them into a larger project.

Cons: There are a lot of options - it can be a bit much if you are muddling through on your own. There are a lot of external learning resources available, however. I also wish that it was a little more straightforward to edit individual video files after you've brought them into a project. I find that the graphic capabilities (creating title slides, for example) is a little clunky, so I usually just end up designing those in power point and exporting them as jpeg images for the Captivate project.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/17
Cherae P.
Platform Admin
Medical Devices, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/10

"I like it"

Comments: Overall, the experience was good. Our organization has a Customer Account Success Manager who provides guidance on implementation strategy and unresolved issues.

Pros: Intuitive Saas solution that offers a great companion tool, Adobe Captivate Prime for authoring SCORM compliant content.

Cons: No training is provided to the platform for users or administrators and the user guide and simulations provided by Adobe leave many features uncovered and many questions about the system unanswered.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/10
Deann V.
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/16

"Name Brand Advantage"

Comments: I needed to design new eLearning courses and Captivate was my solution, or so I thought. I had to spend a lot of time learning to use the software platform before I could make the templets work for me. I know learning abilities differ with each individual however, I am quiet good at learning and using new software. This did require a little more effort than originally anticipated. It got the job done but not without suffering.

Pros: The fact that it is a product of Adobe, which is a highly recognized brand associated with professionalism and quality.

Cons: Having to learn the system before utilizing the templets. The advertisement made it seems easier than what it really was.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/16
Nando C.
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/15

"video"

Pros: Video Stability Recognized brand integration

Cons: Price & difficult configuration confusion in communication

• Reviewed on 2020/04/15
Talent Manager
Public Safety, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/24

"Good so far"

Comments: Our Account Manager is amazing. He has been my go to for everything and has been super responsive, always has an answer or finds out for me. I wish there was an option for more training or stronger community, but our AM has been able to help me get up and running so I guess it's okay.

Pros: Easy to add internal and external people.
Easy to load content and create/assign to user groups.
Reports are pretty good if you export to excel and then tweak to what you need.

Cons: Confusing to get started. Bulk upload over rights everything done prior. Oops, learned that one day one by mistake. It's also confusing that Captivate is not the same as Captivate Prime. Captivate creates the content and Prime is the LMS for it. Wish the names were different because we get confused all the time as to which one someone is talking about.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/24
Digital Marketing Manager
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/12

"Not standard Adobe"

Comments: The benefits of the program were soon outweighed by the amount of money and time/effort it took to produce a product we were happy with. Overall, it's not a horrible product. For someone who knows what they're doing (I only knew what I wanted, and was only mildly adept at using the product), I could see it being a valuable product to LMS work. In my company's instance, this was not the case.

Pros: The software itself served the purpose for which we purchased it. It has great functionality and export/custom options that allow you to do what you need.

Cons: The least impressive element about the software was how difficult it was to use. Unlike some other Adobe programs (which some may say are not very intuitive), this program required a lot of prior knowledge about logic/a programming mindset. The mix between Adobe Edge Animate/Muse and Microsoft Powerpoint made it a bit cumbersome to understand.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/12
Chief Compliance Officer
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/11

"Good LMS but UI can be difficult"

Comments: Used Captivate Prime to provide company resources with training in a medical device company. Again, great value but we found it difficult to use on an ongoing basis - setup was easy, but performing daily tasks is a chore.

Pros: Offers a host of features for a low, simple price. Offers an audit log for many actions.

Cons: Usability is a bit tough - requires some effort to learn most tasks and multiple roles and clicks to perform most actions

• Reviewed on 2019/01/11