TrustBooks Reviews

• Overall
    4,9 /5

About TrustBooks

Cloud based software designed specifically for attorneys to help you easily manage all your law firm's accounting needs.

Learn more about TrustBooks

Gigi G.
Principal Attorney
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/20

"Never worry about your trust account ever again"

Comments: Excellent. I recommend it to every attorney I know. The Team plan is worth every cent because they perform your monthly reconciliations for you and email you when they're done and ready for your review. All you have to do is review and sign and you're done. They also email you reminders when a client's ledger goes to $0 so you can send that to the client. If you use Trustbooks, you will never fear getting your trust account audited ever again.

Pros: I love the team plan where Trustbooks performs my monthly reconciliations for me and I just review and sign off on them. It is worth every penny and the peace of mind it gives me is priceless.

Cons: Nothing. It's extremely stream-lined and user-friendly and they're constantly adding new features.

Betsy D.
Office Manager`
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"TrustBooks for a small practice"

Comments: Could NOT get by without it. Honestly the easiest program I've ever used.

Pros: Easy to use. Very clear. I was up and running on the day I purchased the software. Reconciliations are a breeze. Have not had much need for customer support- maybe three times in a 4 years. Has been fast, friendly, and effective each time.

Cons: It automatically logs off after being idle for a certain period, (for security purposes) so I have to login in often.

Stacey H.
Principal & Manager
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/18

"TrustBooks saved myself and my clients time and money!"

Comments: My experience has been great! Whenever I get a new Lay Firm client that wants me to provide trust accounting services I recommend and require them to have a TrustBooks subscription. All my Law Firm clients have this software and love it!

Pros: This software took several extra steps out of the trust accounting process regarding the three way reconciliation. Before I was using multiple software platforms and now I just use this one. It is a major time saver! Especially for the cost!

Cons: The only thing I don't like it that it doesn't default to the last screen that I was in but since I use many cloud based platforms they all seem to do this so it must be the way that they have to be due to coding.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/18
Maggie K.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"I really like this product"

Comments: TrustBooks has saved us HOURS of staff time every month. Our books are up to date at all times. It also nearly eliminates the chance of overdrawing your trust account.

Pros: We previously used Excel Spreadsheets to keep our trust account. We had to manually type out our checks, then add them to the Excel sheet at the end of the month. With TrustBooks we print our checks right from the system, which means our books are always up to date. As long as you print your checks from Trust Books, there is NO WAY you can overdraft your trust account. TrustBooks saves us a tremendous amount of time and money. It is really the best subscription we have.

Cons: There are some changes I would like to see to the program. 1. The ability to change the layout of your checks. (we wanted TrustBooks to print "VOID AFTER 90 DAYS" on our checks and we can't. Also, we prefer the check in the middle style, and you can only use the check on the top style. Plus if you get checks from a place like WalMart, the alignment is a little wanky and you can't manually change it. 2. I wish maneuvering in the system was a little easier. If I look at an account ledger and open an item in that ledger, when I close the item, it does not take me right back to the ledger. Finally, I wish I could do batch entries, so perhaps 10 checks without having to switch screens between checks. Over all though, these items are NOT deal breakers, only ways that they could improve their product.

Stephanie R.
Managing Attorney
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"Easy to Use and Keeps Things Simple"

Pros: The trust ledger capability allows us to access data within seconds and provide a copy to any client of exactly what has been received and paid out of their account. With people working in multiple locations and remote workers, I don't know how we could keep things straight without a program like this on the cloud.

Cons: No complaints. I have had a very good experience with this software.

Catha L.
Attorney & Managing Member
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"Trust Accounting Made Easy"

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive.

Pros: As an attorney, I am required to perform three-way reconciliations for my client accounts every month. Trustbooks has greatly decreased the time I spend on doing this task. I also like that it integrates well with Clio.

Cons: Nothing. Trustbooks works well. I have no complaints.

Marta D.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"Essential for any firm that has IOLTA accounts"

Comments: We've been very happy with Trustbooks. It is easy to use and on the few occasions where we've had some issues (due to our errors), customer support has been available to quickly resolve the problems.

Pros: I love how easy it is to reconcile our IOLTA accounts and have accurate information about how much each of our clients has in their accounts. The integration feature with LawPay has also been very helpful in keeping track of incoming payments.

Cons: I haven't had any negative experiences with the software.

Quintina H.
Law Practice, Self Employed

"TrustBooks"

Pros: Product is very easy to use. As a solo practitioner this software makes my life so much easier. The reconciliation process is done in a matter of minutes. The amount of time I’ve saved is priceless.

Cons: No changes to features at this time Na

Anna R.
paralegal
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"A better option for a small firm"

Pros: That I can write checks from where ever I am-either working remotely, or at the office. Deposits are easy to make, adjustments or corrections relatively easy to make. Reconciliation is compliant the NC Bar Association. Both the attorney and I can be in the software at the same time. It's pretty user friendly.

Cons: I cannot edit more than one check in on matter. I have to go back to that matter and change. When I write checks for a future date, the check numbers don't automatically go forward and can really mess things up if you aren't careful. It's just annoying.

Robert W.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"An Efficient, Cost Effective Solution to Trust Accounting"

Comments: Our office is very pleased. Trust accounting using this program is one less thing to worry about, allowing us to focus on our practice rather than the administrative tasks.

Pros: TrustBooks has really streamlined our accounting process. What used to take hours a month now takes minutes. Reconciliations are now something to look forward to as it comes out perfect every time.

Cons: The only lacking feature was how to handle bounced deposit checks. We obviously did not want to delete the entry, but it has to be accounted for when a check we deposit fails to clear. The workaround was to create a fictitious payee called "bounced check".

Nan H.

"Lifesaver"

Comments: From the day we signed up, Trustbooks' support team has been awesome. Their assistance in the conversion from our old pencil and paper system was amazing. The CLE offerings have been informative and beneficial. And, the overall ease of use of the program is a godsend and an amazing timesaver.

Pros: Having few accounting skills, the ease of entering information and reconciling our trust account are essential to my mental health.

Cons: It would be helpful to have a "notes" option for those entries that would benefit from a bit of explanation in the event an audit occurs.

Susan E.
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"Excellent for Trust Account Reconciliation"

Comments: I use Trustbooks for my monthly and three-way Trust Account reconciliation.

Pros: I am thankful for how fast and efficient Trust Account reconciliation is with this program. It's been a huge upgrade from Quickbooks.

Cons: It is not as easy to share the accounting information with my CPA. I have to provide him with my username and password each time.

Christina L.
Partner
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees

"Trustbooks Review"

Comments: Overall this is a good program that assisted us in getting our trust accounting in order without mistakes.

Pros: It was able to fill a need that was missing in the legal field regarding trust accounts.

Cons: It would be great for the system to also implement an accounting component so we could review how much money was earned for a specific client and or a component that added the transfers from Trust up.

Julie W.

"Trustbooks review"

Comments: Very positive.

Pros: It's user friendly and helps us to be compliant with Trust account rules and regulations. Quick and friendly response for support.

Cons: Would like to see a feature where I can see in the transaction listing if the transaction has cleared the bank after reconciliation.

Ralph U.
assistant
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/19

"all software should be this easy to use"

Comments: the software is a pleasure to use without the usual glitches.

Pros: It was very easy to learn. The software has very easy to follow instructions. Type in an issue and up pops a tutorial explaining how you get to that step. Printed out the tutorials as needed and now have my own reference manual.

Cons: Listening to my wife when she was having trouble reconciling her checkbook

Allison A.

"Worth Every Penny"

Pros: The software makes my life so much easier. I can do my monthly reconciliations by hitting a few keys. It is very easy to use, even for someone with no accounting or bookkeeping experience. The customer service was great when I needed help getting set up.

Cons: I have no complaints. It was life-changing. I recommend it to every attorney who tells me that they are starting a new practice or who complains about maintaining trust accounts.

Hunt W.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"Excellent for Small Firm"

Comments: Faster reconciliations and less pain with the quarterly reports.

Pros: I switched to TrustBooks from a manual Excel Spreadsheet accounting system and wish I had done it sooner. The system is very easy to use and has made the monthly/quarterly reconciliation process much less burdensome. When I do have questions, the customer service is excellent. I would recommend TrustBooks to any law firm.

Cons: I would only recommend development of a mobile app.

Alexandra L.
Chief of Staff

"TrustBooks is Great!"

Comments: Love this product and would recommend it to others.

Pros: Very easy to use, customizations make it user friendly too!

Cons: Having to scroll through the matters to select which one may become overwhelming over time ...

Regina T.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"Trustbooks is great for law firm trust accounting"

Pros: It is designed specifically for attorney trust accounting. I was previously using quickbooks.

Cons: I don't really have anything I dislike about this program.

Sarah B.
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/18

"Trustbooks has made dealing with our trust account so much easier!"

Pros: The ease of use. It was very simple to learn how to use the software. Took only a short period of time to get it setup and get everything going!

Cons: All of the archived accounts still appear when needing to print checks. Would be nicer if the archived accounts did not appear.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/18
Ryan S.
Managing Partner

"Necessary Service"

Comments: Just what I was searching for.

Pros: This allows me to have a checks and balances with my separate legal CRM software and also with QuickBooks.

Cons: Slight delay (couple minutes) when syncing between CRM and Trustbooks.

Edward D.

"No reason to wait"

Comments: I was amazed at how easily the first reconciliation was! Wow! Great support staff. I should have used them a long time ago!

Pros: 5 minute walk through with amazing customer service and I was up and running with full confidence.

Cons: No issues; integration was very easy since I use Clio.

John W.

"Trustbooks is great!!!"

Comments: Highly recommend trustbooks. I have had a great experience using the software.

Pros: THe software is easy to use and intuitive.

Cons: I cant find good integrations with the other software I use.