PHP Point of Sale Reviews

by PHP Point Of Sale

• Overall
    4,7 /5

About PHP Point of Sale

With PHP POS on Mac, PC, iOS or Droid, pay no more than $34/mo. per location for advanced features needed in today's retail marketplace

Learn more about PHP Point of Sale

Bryan L.
Store Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/17

"I have been using PHP Point of Sale for over 3 years now. I am very happy with the value and support"

Pros: Great support, if you have an issue they will take care of you. It is so comforting to know that there is a real person that will help you out when you are in a jam. They are also innovating, they don't rest on there past performance. I always see new features that I am happy they have added.

Cons: I am very happy with it. However, if I had to chose something it would be better accounting for a whole business picture of your performance.

Rick H.

"Ricks Picks Review"

Comments: Chris is great to work with! Without chris I could not deal with this Service. His help is valued
The best possible value for what you get - thats for sure
I see this cloud service in this infancy. It needs a lot of upgrades.
My biggest issue is that it is not a system designed for a fast pace retail store - with a line of customers.
What I do like is that ti is very easy to edit sales and fix them after the fact
The reporting got better but stilll needs work
The Layaway/special order function works but not perfect.
The way the financial numbers are handled needs to get updated a bit. For example - if you do not put a cost in for an item immediately then statr selling the items, the system does not look back in history to calcukate the true profit, it assumes it was zero until the cost was put in, sometimes you have to sell something before you know what the cost is...

Pros: I already wrote it before

Cons: Already wrote it

Odhran M.
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/12

"The best POS ever made, fact!"

Comments: Point of Sale, Online Store, Stock Control, Profit/Loss Reports, Best Sellers, Loyalty Scheme, etc

Pros: We've been a customer for over 5 years and we are 100% satisfied with this POS solution. I can't recommend it enough. Every feature you could possibly want is included and if it isn't there's a high likelihood that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will implement it in a future update. The fact that it also syncs to WooCommerce is a life saver, cutting our workload in half.

Cons: No cons, faultless software, reports, stock control, loyalty scheme, it has everything neeed.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/12
ICT
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/18

"All function are complete to my shop"

Comments: It's an online version I'm free to access my pos every where and every time, I can many it and report it in short time, so i have time to run other business. For small business we don't need accounting department by using this full function pos with small money

Pros: Report is every good, we can find the most as we need. And other best for me is import/export to ecommerce and website.

Cons: currency exchange for yet, Item should have type, example we can add it as Metter, Kilo, PCS or extra

• Reviewed on 2018/04/18
Realtor
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/17

"It does all I need to run my store. Great value for a very good price"

Comments: Ease of use and access on any platform...

Pros: I like this software because it is a web-based software and I can use it on any device I have at hand at anytime.

Cons: The only con I have is that it doesn't work with my merchant provider "Square". I have to go outside of this software to process payments. I used another merchant that was supported by PHP POS but I couldn't use them anymore because most of my transactions are over the phone.

Small Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/19

"Very good and versatile. Good support."

Comments: point of sale and credit and debit card purchasing made very easy, sale takes place very quickly and customer does not have to wait for dial thru and connection before sale is approved or denied.

Pros: platform is very portable. I am able to use computer, phone and tablet. Easyt to log on and log off. Able to add users, and access a variety of customer records.

Cons: reports could be better. Many reports concern distributors and input of product dates and money. Would like more reports regarding interaction with customners that could help boost repeat business and help with customer interactions at point of sale.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/19
Alex A.
head of Operation
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/31

"THE SOFTWARE IS A WOW"

Comments: it has made my business grow with ease

Pros: the software is very easy and friendly to use,

Cons: any feature anyone can ever imagine in a retail shop is already embedded in the software

• Reviewed on 2020/08/31
Wilfred L.
Marketing Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/08

"Great piece of POS software!"

Comments: We have used this software since Day 1 of our company InfinityMeals. I'm a PHP techy but my associates who are not so IT inclined were also able to use it easily. We use it in our restaurant to punch in orders and track our inventory and generates sales reports for analysis of products purchased. We wish there are extra features like further customization to the receipt to reduce the length of receipt printed. Printing out a kitchen copy. Store a sale, associate it to a table number to be retrieved later for final payment. Another huge feature would be to calculate the sales for the date and equate it to the amount of raw ingredients that has been used for proper inventory. Wishful thinking. Another feature would be to customize an order like. Order combo 1 with a sandwich and a salad with a particular drink and it would automatically list it on the receipt and the deduct it from the inventory. Other features for centralized server.
Having a central server that retrieves sales information from multiple branches and consolidates it into once server.
Having an offline mode then reconcile the sales to the central server for general reporting. An API so we can develop our own interfaces and use premade functions in PHPPOS Once those features are incorporated then I would totally pay for the extra features and mark it a straight 5/5. Thank you so much for the software and looking forward to grow with it as much as possible.

Pros: Simplicity
Ease of use
Great User Interface
Straight forward functionality

Cons: Rapid updates. :)

John R.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/29

"Fantastic software for my firing range!"

Comments: We went through several demos before deciding on PHP Point of Sale. It's ease of use, and the ability for us to locally host it, and price made it the obvious choice. We've had over 16,000 transactions, 6,500 unique customers in the past year, and haven't had a single problem. Even the upgrade was seamless. The few times we've had questions, they offered exceptional customer service and has been quick to offer help whenever needed, but so far, we haven't had any issues. We are running the system on an Atom powered 1U rack server with Windows 7 Pro 4GB of ram and an SSD drive. We run daily backups as part of the daily close out of the register. We have 3 concurrent sessions running all day, and during peak business that runs up to 5 sessions. Using our own VPN, we have no issue using the system at remote trade shows with a laptop and 3G/4G hotspot. Using just a simple magnetic card reader, we have no issues taking credit cards in the field. The software is EMV compatible with the latest version but we have not implemented that feature yet.

Pros: Easy to install, very stable, and fast (running on dedicated Windows 7 Pro atom machine with SSD)

Cons: Would like to be able to add custom fields to customer database. I know it can be done with a PHP developer, but would be nice if that was an option natively.

Liz M.
Admin
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/17

"Excellent features for the price!"

Comments: Ability to access the program from any location and device! Customisation, ease of use - everyone can use it even our technologically challenged staff!

Pros: So easy to use, large amount of features including the ability to add photos, edit items in bulk, price scaling/ tiers, control duration of sale prices, emailing a copy of the invoice to customers, CLOUD based - this feature has been my life saver!
Ease of introducing a scanner, till and label printer to the program, excellent customer service who actually take your recommendations seriously and even implement bona fide requests that would serve everyone! Ability to customise. The price is what drew me initially and has kept me using it!

Cons: If somehow it could be integrated into any website to save me doubling up on managing inventory. Other than that at this stage your team has done a fantastic job! I've recommended this to all business owners I meet!

Jesse C.
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/08

"Good POS but needs to grow with new fuctionality"

Comments: PHP Point of Sale is a good web based and mobile software that matches well for small and midsize businesses. While the interface is clean and intuitive, the integration features to any major eCommerce platform is non-existent. We use PHP Point of Sale for our brick-n-mortar store, but have to maintain separate inventory from our online ecommerce solution which requires extra time and manpower. I recommend you throughly test the PHP Point of Sale application and see if it meets our needs. I'd like to see more features and functionality deployed and tested at a faster rate. The updates are far and few between. I would recommend to small businesses. When you're at the point of 1000+ skus and you're business grows, you made need to re-evaluate your business needs.

Pros: Interface (Clean and Concise)
Great IPad App / Mobile
Useful Features

Cons: No integration with BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, or Woocommerce at this time
Product Import (SKU's) need to be enhanced

Charlie B.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/17

"Great tool for the price. It streamlined the worst bottleneck at the shop."

Comments: It streamlined customer checkout by allowing us to open a second (or third) register during busy times. For event days, we grabbed a deposit bag and a smartphone or tablet to take care of registration while the main desk remained our standard cash register setup. It saved a lot of time and confusion.

Pros: PHP POS is easy to use once the initial setup is done. I could train someone to use it in a matter of minutes, as opposed to a couple of hours on our old system. It also allows easy lookup of products and sales receipts as well as offering a variety of report formats.

Cons: The initial setup on our server took a little bit of effort. Also the cash-in-till tracking wasn't working for all registered users. (That could have been a configuration error on my part, though. . . still haven't figured it out.)

Eugene N.
Technician / Technology Advicer
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/17

"A Happy user of 4 Years of using PHP Point Of Sales"

Comments: Start using PHP Point Of Sales in my on computer repairs business, been a happy user for most of the time due to the software functionality, stable and easy to use. Also it is on the affordable pricing; as a small business , software pricing is very important. Along these year had been introduce PHPPOS to client, they purchased it and we deploy it for them. Can see PHPPOS is growing into a mature software, our repair business had been grow together with different version of PHPPOS although we are not actively in the forum.

Pros: simple, easy; straight to the point. that is the beauty for a small business usage no fancy not necessary function

Cons: no function of click/drag an item into to create a bundle and just display a final price instead of pre-create a package first then start sell it.
Quotation/ Estimate never show as Quotation, it still show as Sales Receipt

• Reviewed on 2016/11/17
Benjamin H.
IT Consultant
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/08

"Excellent product - Excellent Value!"

Comments: I was looking for a new POS system for a client that is a very small business and couldn't afford to pay huge monthly licensing fees. A couple of times a year they run two registers, but mostly just the one. Other POS systems were expensive, inflexible and didn't offer the simple-to-use functionality we were looking for. We discovered PHP Point of Sale and their setup, ease of use, price point and flexibility are really second to none. From reporting to ordering to managing inventory, this little system does it all! Best of all, when using the Cloud-hosted version, they do all your backups for you!

Pros: Simplicity. Easy to setup and use. Nice interface. Works with existing hardware.

Cons: Honestly. I haven't found one thing that doesn't work for us. If I could have created software for my client, I would have created exactly this software.

Lolah K.
company owner
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/18

"anyone one can use with minimal training"

Comments: Our costume store has a high volume of customers at Halloween .We appreciate the easy use of php point of sale making it a great software for new team members to learn quickly. We have been able features we like and as our business has grown over the last 4 years use other features as our business has expanded.

Pros: eazy use

Cons: layby funtion confusing and cant change the daily balance because of it
can not see what sales person is using it. unless you sign out .then sign back in .

• Reviewed on 2016/11/18
Christopher R.
Small Business Owner
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/17

"Always supportive, excellent product and support."

Pros: Ease of use and the dashboard with graphics. I love the numerous report features/options that are available. It easy to add item and quantity and the display and graphics are exceptional

Cons: Unable to see yr over yr reporting or month over month reporting comparison side by side view or etc! Being that I am a small business owner, I like to see what sales and expenses were incurred in a view by week over week, month over month and yearly vs yearly.

Eko A.
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/20

"Love PHPPOS"

Pros: It is super easy to use and navigate. I have a multi-national business, so I needed a POS software that would allow me to do business in Ghana and the USA. It took me a while to find a POS that has everything I needed and PHPPOS came with all the bells and whistles.

Cons: Nothing. It's really awesome. The only enhancement I would ask for is when printing the barcode sheet, to have the ability to print the same barcode for multiple items

• Reviewed on 2018/04/20
Yonge C.
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/08

"Good software if you do not need any customization."

Comments: I used it from approximately 2009 to 2014.
Pros it works. No issues,
Cons customization do not waste your money. I got it customized a number of times. Quick sale button. Keyboard shortcuts, combos etc. Unfortunately the guy who was hired by the owner of the software to help with production, did not do the job and I was done with paying for both software and customization every time a new version came out. It would always be an improvement but not backwards compatible. Use Odoo POS now.

Pros: Does what it is supposed to.

Cons: Not modular. Very frequent code base changes.

Erastus K.
Managing Consultant

"Highly recommended!"

Comments: I needed a web based POS solution that would run on any platform and I found PHP Point of Sale by searching the web. I decided to try it because the price was within my budget and I can tell you this software has not disappointed! It is really easy to install, configure and operate. We use it to sell jewellery and it helps us track sales and inventory. I'd recommend to anyone looking for an intuitive and practical POS software.

Pros: It is easy to use

Cons: Does not interface with our accounting software.

Daniel E.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/03

"Ease of use and customer support"

Comments: It's a very good and intuitive software for small scale retail companies, because it helps to keep track of all records. Bitcoin payment feature should be added. It's very easy to understand and operate.

Pros: Online customer tech support.
Ease to use user interface.
Can be installed easily.
Free trial to test the software before buying.
Can add and update bulk photos.
Can be accessed remotely.

Cons: Can't be integrated with large e-commerce companies.
No drag/drop feature.
Dose not accept Bitcoin payments.
Can't be linked with scales.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/03
Juan carlos D.
Clothstore owner
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

"Very good aplication"

Comments: Only some features missing like sizes an colors or atributes for items and some minus features. But very recomended software for the point of sales business.

Pros: The online system is a great feature because I can see in real time the sales and reports.

Cons: Some features missing like item atributes for sizes and colors and hide the sales grafic only for some users (employees).

Mushtaque H.
Import & Export, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/24

"Best multi location point of sale software that is very fast and easy to manage"

Pros: Reports can be checked anytime from anywhere.
PHP point of sales can be used on any device like mobile or tablet pcs
PHP point of sales provides best User interface for fast sales handling and with tons of options

Cons: Mysql needs to be properly optimized to get fast speed. If mysql is not optimized performance is very slow.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/24
Mickey H.
IT Tech
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

"All you need in a POS"

Comments: We have had great results using PHP Point of Sale. It is customizable completely from top-to-bottom and has built in modules to work with all our printers and cash drawers. It was also very easy to connect the script to our order and inventory management system so that all the data is synced. Very easy to set up and start selling in the stores!

Pros: Easy to set up, easy to use and can be customized completely. Compatible with major receipt printers and drawers. Ability to process all types of payments

Cons: Updates to the script aren't included in the purchase option. Need to purchase it again if the updates are relevant to your needs.

Joanne B.
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/21

"It's easy to use. Inventory tracking is great but a bit hard to upload list of new items."

Pros: Easy to use for sales, customer tracking, inventory tracking. Software is reliable. Have not experienced crashed or lost of data in over 5 years of use.

Cons: A bit hard to upload new product list. Wish there's an easy way to do discounts instead of going through each product individually

• Reviewed on 2018/04/21
David L.
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/23

"We have used PHPPOS for over a year and a half now, and are not looking to move to another platform"

Pros: Multi platform iOS,Apple . Cloud based is a big plus. Well thought out interface with every option we need to run and manage our shop

Cons: Some of the customer search queries only show last 6 months invoices. Inconsistent data returned in searches

by PHP Point Of Sale on 2018/04/24

hi! Thanks for the review. When clicking a customer on customers module by default it shows 6 months; but you can filter the report to have a bigger date range. Could you describe more about searches?

• Reviewed on 2018/04/23