The best thing I've ever seen for raising capital for a start-up

Adam C.
founder / ceo
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A huge time-saver. The best fundraising-management platform I've ever seen.

Pros: I started using Foundersuite a couple of months ago to manage my fundraising campaign for dineoutwith.us, and it has been a huge labor-saver for what is always a difficult and time-consuming process. The platform is very well thought-out, has all of the major features an entrepreneur would want to manage that first, all-important, do-it-yourself campaign, and is easily customizable. I've also been very impressed with how responsive their team has been, and in particular to adding a couple of new features that I thought were really important (one example: they recently upgraded their custom field feature so that you can create it for a single investor lead and have it be applied to all other investors. This is so much easier than the kinds of global configuration changes that other CRM systems I've used have required). I can't really say enough about how great they've been in engaging on features suggestions. Nathan has really welcomed suggestions and been open and honest about limitations - a rare thing these days, when most SaaS vendors are more interested in diverting legitimate suggestions, or telling you why they're really not important and you should want them - and whether they'd be addressed. I also really like the Kanban board / drag and drop interface that lets you move things around to different stages. Lastly, I can't say enough

Cons: It's clearly a quickly-evolving product, and there are a few features that they haven't gotten to yet. One is that although the system integrates with gmail, there is as of yet no ability to send emails through the system itself (as you can with systems like Insightly and HubSpot). In this same realm, when you add a new contact to Foundersuite it adds to the contact record a history of ALL emails with that person, including ones on which they were cc'd. I'd much rather be able to select which emails are added. (You can delete ones that you don't want, but that's a pretty time-consuming process that would be better handled upfront. Another way to do it would be to be to set date range parameters for emails so that the entire history wasn't there.)

Think of Foundersuite as an essential starter kit for any early stage pre-VC startup

Reviewed on 2017/12/19
Steve C.
Internet
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software makes the fundraising process so much more efficient and effective. I'm familiar with the kanban model in the context of both sales and product management - So it's a no-brainer that it would also work in the context of fundraising. Because Foundersuite focuses on the fundraising process and was designed for entrepreneurs like myself, it's like a one-stop shop for all my needs as an early-stage startup. I can keep track of all my leads and prospects in one place, and the seamless integration with LinkedIn and AngelList means I don't have to switch back-and-forth between applications and manage all of my contacts in a decentralized way. The additional startup documents and resources that Foundersuite provides means I have everything I need to eventually raise an institutional round of funding.

Pros: The software is full of really helpful content and features. What's better is that it's very intuitive and easy to use. The kanban board concept works really well with fundraising, and I like that they've expanded their investor list beyond just AngelList. Finally, the customer support and his team is top-notch! Any time I have a question about anything related to Foundersuite or fundraising in general, he was always quick to respond with valuable insights. As a Foundersuite customer, I feel like I'm getting the services of a great advisor on top of the software itself!

Cons: If only the software could actually raise my next round for me... maybe if the A.I. continues to evolve :)

When the CEO is active in customer support, you know you've got a company that'll work for you.

Reviewed on 2018/03/01
Jake T.
COO
Financial Services
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Like stated in the review. It makes the job of managing investors easy, and gives you a mini-accelerator type feel to help you through your journey. Great find.

Pros: Amazingly simple interface, yet robust in value. It has an investor CRM, which makes managing potential leads so much easier. It has an investor dashboard and investor update features, accelerating your professionalism to your current investors. Life maybe easy with 1 or 2 investors, but as you start bringing in more angels/VC's, giving real-time updates becomes cumbersome... not anymore. Then there are the start-up tools. The best way to describe it is like a mini-accelerator, providing instrumental documents and discounts on the resources every start-up needs to get off the ground. It's likely that you could recover the value of the cost of membership from this service alone.

Cons: This is not a con by any means, but is most appropriate to be put here: The worth of this platform is directly tied to your commitment to utilize it to your fullest capability. Meaning this isn't like Netflix, where you can pay the fee, and get the maximum benefit automatically. I say this knowing that the majority of users that will use Foundersuite are start-up entrepreneurs, and as such, I severely doubt there will be any missed value due to complacency. Bottom Line: Pony up the dough if you have it. Even if that means sacrificing that new YoutubeTV account... it's worth it.

Effective, intuitive, easy onboarding and friction-free, instant adoption by my organization.

Reviewed on 2017/12/22
Timmy W.
Chief Executive Officer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease of use, disciplined focus, and functionality. Ability to get company-wide adoption.

Pros: Foundersuite simply puts you in the mindset you need to be in investor outreach without distraction. Because it is disciplined in its focus and robust functionality, it was very easy to communicate, onboard and gain adoption throughout my team. There is something about the UI that lets you gain confidence in pulling the trigger in capital raise campaigns and investor relations. The customer support has been top-notch. This goes a long way.

Cons: Nothing specific comes to mind - there was a UI layout for specific campaigns that confused me for a period but was revamped and improved greatly.

Foundersuite experience

Reviewed on 2019/03/01
Steve S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm working on trying to raise funds. So, that's a very important thing for me. I think reading some of the materials and seeing the video Representative linked to me about what you should and shouldn't do and how to get warm intros is highly valuable. There should almost be a warning when you start using the CRM that you need to learn more before trying to contact people.

Pros: I love the ability to search for potential investors. It's super powerful. Being able to read how they approach funding and what they offer (pre-seed, seed, Series A) as well as if they have geographical preferences is a great way to start prequalifying leads.

Cons: I would love to be able to play with cap tables online. I didn't expect it to have a cap table but it would be helpful. I like that there's a document area that provides thought leadership type material but was a little challenging (being so new to the area of fundraising) to understand what might be useful. The titles are certiainly helpful but descriptions would be even better. I also like the idea of the marketplace but there doesn't really seem to be much that I need. Maybe you could do a deal with a hosting provider and an image provider like icons8.com.

A most valuable service in the changing landscape of entering, scaling, expanding a business.

Bernard P.
Customer Support

Pros: Foundersuite's efforts for startups bring advice, education, structure, and live solutions to those entering the startup universe, and assist in preparing them for future growth.

Cons: In today's funding world VC's lack actual startup experience, which is considerably different from gathering investors, sitting on boards, etc.; and they have become myopic in terms of finding the 1 our of 10 viable startups. As a result VC are tending to ICO's to raise "non-responsible" capital, i.e. avoiding earning investor fees and responsibility to investors.
Would suggest an additional funding focus out side of the VC world, i.e. into private capital, i.e. back to traditional, highly experienced, successful entrepreneurs as investors. There's lots of money in the hands of experienced entrepreneurs.

Been great for researching and "collecting" prospective angel investors as we prepare to raise.

Reviewed on 2018/01/18
David P.
Founder and CEO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Large investor database (there are thousands of potential New York area investors in the system). Easy to use interface that keeps me on track with my fundraise and helps me manage investor relationships. Solid workshops and webinars about raising capital. Great customer support. I've also been using the Investor Update tool to keep our stakeholders in the loop with our progress, which they've appreciated.

Cons: I originally got a 40% discount through WeWork’s Services Store. It would be nice if the discount extended forever.

My experience has been amazing! Currently using Foundersuite daily and solves so many headaches!

Kurt A.
Co-Founder and CEO
Internet
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy of use
Tracking flow of investors
Valuable investor related information and prospecting new investors
Saves me so much time having everything in one place versus excel sheets

Pros: What I love most is how easy things are to input and transfer around on the Kanaban board to track things. It is super easy to setup, add notes, track progress and visualize your flow of investors all in one place! Highly recommend people to use this that are running a business and need a CRM tool to track potential investors/ current investors or keep them up to date.

Cons: Sometimes I get logged out more than I would like, I have to login almost every time I visit the site vs it remembering my credentials.

Exceptionally easy to tailor to my own needs; integrates well with my other software; great asset

Mike T.
SVP, Business Development and Investor Relations
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Instant organization for the multitude of investors and investor candidates, then partners and candidate partners in our company. Foundersuite gives us shared awareness and near-real-time status on exactly where we sit on investor and biz development which grows accuracy, saves time, and streamlines what could be a laborious endeavor.

Pros: You can modify columns which give a customization flexibility to make it a useful CRM across many business domains. I used Foundersuite for our fundraising and immediately pivoted to biz dev partners and partner candidates. I had minimal instruction; discovery learning is easy. This is my first outside of a career in the military and I love it.

Cons: Minor comments: SUGGESTIONS--The edit/save feature is hard to see; consequently, I sometimes forget to save an entry (per field) and often repeat the work. the email historical info is terrific, but sorting through the email message (unformatted) is difficult. If the history can preserve emails in their original format--and not just the text--it would be a massive time saver.

Great software that fills a much needed market niche.

CEO & Co-founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Managing and tracking our investor pipeline. That's our #1 use.

Pros: * My daily go-to tool for fundraising!
* Fills much needed demand / market niche
* Relatively easy to use
* Gmail integration

Cons: * Inconsistent UX / can be confusing at times.
* Some features change behavior with generation updates... quirkiness
* Wish it had a mobile app

Huge Efficiencies in Fundraising!

Reviewed on 2017/12/19
Steve B.
Managing Director
Customer Support

Pros: Great solution for tracking investor contacts, sharing with extended team and managing meetings. Foundersuite is a >10x improvement over spreadsheet or google sheet methods. I love the ease of searching for potential investors and moving them around the board as they get closer to investing.

Cons: Would like to have ability to group multiple individuals under same investor. Foundersuite works better for companies looking to raise funding from individuals rather than Angel groups or venture capital firms. This should be an easy fix.

by Foundersuite on 2017/12/19

Steve, thank you for the review! One note: just about a week ago we released a new feature, "Add VC Firm" which allows you to add multiple contacts under the same investor card (thus addressing one of your comments). We are also working hard on adding several thousand VC firms to the investor database (coming soon).

Extremely easy to use and unlike most CRM platform very visual and helpful

Reviewed on 2018/03/12
Founder/CEO (AngelPad 11)
Events Services
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I really liked the UI and the ease of use. I do believe every entrepreneur who is in the process of a fundraise should use Foundersuite. The excel spreadsheet are no longer sufficient to track all meetings, presentations, emails, etc. Foundersuite is the platform of the future. The founder is the true entrepreneur always willing to help his clients and fellow entrepreneurs to get funded.

Cons: The only comment I have so far is that it would be great if Foundersuite can grow the platform of investors even further. Ultimately when 80% of all angels and VCs are featured on Foundersuite it will become the ONLY CRM to be used by entrepreneurs.

by Foundersuite on 2018/03/13

Thanks for the review! Your timing is excellent: we are currently adding around 10,000 VC firms and about 28,000 "alternative investors" such as family offices, fund of funds, PE firms, foundations, hedge funds, pensions, etc. into the database. Check back soon to see the greatly expanded investor search features.

Great platform for organizing all of your investor outreach in one place

Evan S.
Co-Founder, Chief Operations Officer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Consolidation, Efficiency in fundraising efforts.

Pros: I find the software to be intuitive and effective for managing your fundraising efforts. It allows you to track your communications including the ability to connect email messages to investors. It also eliminates the need to continuously update Excel sheets offline and share to track your outreach. Instead, everything is real time and offers a window for multiple users who are conducting your outreach efforts.

Cons: I think the database of investor information could be expanded to reduce the individual effort to populate fields that could be pre-populated. Also, it would be great to be able to illustrate relationships between investment firms and individual investors as well as relationships between investors so that you can be aware of who may be talking with each other.

Fantastic. It was instrumental for management during the process for closing my second round.

Travis B.
Co-founder & CEO
Insurance, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Very easy to use, the software is intuitive and the layout is very clean. I really like the visualizatio of money raised/committed with the ability to put a % chance per investor. The UX and UI are great!

Cons: Can't decrease box size/not able to minimize Kanban view to show the whole funnel (need to scroll). It's annoying to have to click on the Notes in order to view old entries, I wish that were the default or that there were a running list that showed an icon per interaction (ie. Called on 1/1/17 (Phone icon), and Sent deck (different icon), instead of having to click between a bunch of tabs in the investor screen.

by Foundersuite on 2017/12/15

Thanks Travis for the review! Just yesterday we released a new feature that allows you to minimize each investor card (thus addressing your first issue about decreasing box size). Thanks for the great feedback!

Foundersuite hit the sweet spot for cost/value. It has just the rig capabilities, but simple to use.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19
Jeremy R.
Co-Founder and VP
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are able to keep our team focused on getting investors, and not on updating complicated spreadsheets.

Pros: We've been raising money for a while. Like most teams, we've been using spreadsheets to manage our investor pipeline with limited results. We finally decided to take our team to the next level and adopt a CRM. At first, we considered using our customer-facing CRM, but it just wasn't a good fit. Foundersuite hit the sweet-spot for cost/value and incorporates all of the right features we need. Most importantly it was easy for our team to learn and start using.

Cons: Foundersuite is still in early releases. There are a few features that we would like to see in the app. However, the support has been excellent and some of our needs are scheduled for an upcoming release.

At a publicly traded SaaS company, I lived by SalesForce. Now I live by FounderSuite! Great Product!

Eric king F.
CEO/Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Full picture of investor pipeline and single place to track and plan follow-up actions. Using the investor update tool has also been a significant benefit and investors seem to like it. Overall, saves me time and helps manage the fundraising process.

Pros: Incredibly easy to use and the best way of tracking an investor pipeline that I have found. Love that you can search for investors internally. The investor update functionality has become a big part of my weekly cadence and offers big value!

Cons: It would be great if the investor update tool could be easily integrated or exported into email. I'm finding some potential investors (mainly) won't clink the link to view the report. Actual investors do, but seems potential investors don't (at least for me). And I know it's in beta...but overall I like it!

My funding funnel has never been easier to manage. Foundersuite changed my company.

William C.
CEO & Co-Founder
Computer Software
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My investment pipeline now takes half the time to manage and I get better results.

Pros: Investor search and smart contact detection. Makes sharing investor contacts with my team easy. Also love how it tracks conversations and how they change status in the investor pipeline. Investor update portal is HUGE with my investors. The document templates are a nice touch. Have used several of the templates myself.

Cons: No mobile support. Makes me sad when I'm on the go because I get into situations where I want to look up or change stuff when on the go. A bit to pricey too.

Brilliant service, works extremely well! Saved us so much time and hassle

Samuel K.
Chief Technology Officer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Made it really simple and easy to manage investors, keep track of what stage in our flow they are in, reaching out to them incredibly quickly. Tracking how much each investor committed on a status bar up to our target was a nice touch. After the investment round, it was really easy to send our newsletters to investors.

Pros: So much better than spreadsheets and Trello, gives us all the functionality we need to manage all our investors from finding them to collecting their investment and managing them after.

Cons: The free tier was limit, but once we upgraded, we could add all the investors we needed. If it could also handle our cap table and business docs (business plans, exec summary and decks) then it would be an all round solution for us

solid platform, with good initial features

Collin G.
VP Finance
Customer Support

Pros: easy to manipulate, add investors, take current notes, share with other members of the team, and keep current with limited effort

Cons: would like to add different type of investors on main tab, such a debt financing. This would be an option at the top, as we are currently mixing those with equity investors

Accelerate Your Process

Reviewed on 2019/03/05
Jack B.
Co-founder
Farming, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Using this tool has helped structure and clarify my fundraising process, which was fairly disorganized previously. It has helped hold myself accountable to following up and pushing leads to the end of the line, where they eventuate in either a rejection or an investment.

Pros: The tool is out-of-the-box useful...immediately start building investors cards and mapping them into your unique process. It honest-to-god makes it fun to cold call and get rejections and move on to the next prospect. Our rep and his team provide some of the most responsive support I've seen with any software tool.

Cons: There are micro features I wish I could change like remove a click here or there.

Looks very promising!

Reviewed on 2018/08/01
Benjamin N.
Entrepreneur
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is a unique tool for startups. The benefit is keeping track of investor communications and ensuring that you have the right follow ups at the right time to keep things moving.

Pros: I am still in the early stages of using this software, but our startup is planning to make full use of it as we work through funding. I am an organized person myself and I like finding software that helps me to organize more effectively than I could do with generalized tools like MS Office or Google Documents. In this case I am referring to organizing the contact history. We were pleasantly surprised about how great the reporting feature helped our information look and become presentable to an investor audience. Our first uses of the reporting tool has positive impacts on responses from investors who we already had some small contact with! When I ran into one problem I was also pleasantly surprised to find that CEO had been on the chat with me.

Cons: I am not far enough into the use case to be a power user or have a big picture perspective on Cons. In May'18 did find one problem with the way text was not saved when editing the report. There were two buttons involved ('Update report', 'Save report')and I was hitting 'Save' but 'Update' had to be pressed first.

As first time founders with little business background, foundersuite helped us manage investors

Leah L.
CEO / Technical Founder
Aviation & Aerospace, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Better organization of business operations relating to fundraising, compliance with current investor requirements.

Pros: Investor updates, investor pipeline status would have been much more useful if the limit on investors was higher due to the number of f&f investors we have.

Cons: Really hard to set up current/past rounds esp with investors who followed on. Also, we have a lot of small f&f type investors so the limit on investors we could manage eventually drove us away.

Generating activity is key for fund raising, and FounderSuite helps me keep everything straight

Reviewed on 2018/08/01
Christopher H.
CEO/Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Multiple users managing multiple investors in a common platform.

Pros: FounderSuite is a dedicated CRM for investors. We have four team members actively involved in connecting with potential investors, and it's very helpful to see the progress we're making on a daily basis.

Cons: The more I use it, the longer the "wish list" for new features gets. As it is today, tracking activity for a particular investor could be a bit easier, but I know that rep and the team are working hard to improve the platform across the board.

Awesome fundraise specific CRM

Glen D.
Founder / CEO
Automotive, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Fundraising specific, great support & team. Any found bugs or features requested were added directly from Foudersuite's CEO

If you want to raise money, and don't understand the process use Foundersuite.

StartUp Technology - CEO
51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The organization and the ease of use. I mean overall this the best software in the market, for all the tools you need to raise money like a pro.

Pros: The software is easy to use, and it breaks down the daunting process of research and organization and planning that goes into fundraising. It's broken down into bite sized, and project segments which can be understood by most people not used to raising capital. If you never raised capital, for a business on a professional level use this software.

Cons: Theirs very little, I would say the documentation flow. Their needs to be a template for convertible debt note and stuff like that within the software, and also the connection they ask you to get recommendations. But their needs to be a warmer introduction.

by Foundersuite on 2017/12/18

Thanks for the review. Just one update: there is now a convertible debt template within the Startup Docs collection.