BOSSDesk Reviews

by BOSS Solutions

Filter by:

• Overall

About BOSSDesk

BOSSDesk is an award winning fully integrated Help Desk / ITSM solution available for both on the Cloud and On-Premise.

Learn more about BOSSDesk

Ryan M.
Ryan M.
IT Service Desk Manager
Construction, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/17

"No programming knowledge No problem"

Comments: My overall experience has been really good. I've always gotten the support I need when I've needed it in a very timely fashion.

Pros: Ease of deployment, ease of building out forms, setting up teams, custom routing etc. I like that most things are very easy to customize.

Cons: With the ease of use comes some restrictions. You're limited to just the options they give you. Since it's web based they can't really customize anything directly for you because it will impact all of their customers. I think reporting and some notification options could be improved as well.

Adam M.
Engineer
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/17

"Great Solution for your business!"

Pros: Was extremely easy to implement and set up. Training and the migration process was simple and took no time to adapt. Boss support responds very fast and handles your problem(s) professionally and quickly. From an administrative standpoint, ticket tracking and handling cannot get any easier.

Cons: Would like the ability for the end user to have the option to close out the ticket themselves once the problem is solved/fixed.

Rick Y.
Application Support manager
Government Administration, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/14

"BOSS Solutions has been our partner for 10 years"

Comments: We have been partnering with BOSS Solutions since 2007 when they introduced DiagWin. It's been one of the most successful decisions we've made. Our positive experiences have encouraged us to extend this application into other county departments, and we've never regretted that decision. BOSS Solutions has offered their knowledge and experience to discuss options and to guide us on how to use their applications most effectively.

Pros: Superior customer service along with a solid, well-supported application

Cons: They need to improve their communication of new features and functions.

Allan N.
IT Pro
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/17

"Awesome product and support staff."

Comments: We use this awesome product to manage our IT support processes to support all our employee needs.

Pros: BOSS is comprehensive and suits our environment. We like it so much I wish our organization could use some of the features to replace functions but we are prohibited and must use our in house products. Support staff and development teams are very interactive and eager to and constantly improving the product.

Cons: Nothing. I'm all in on this one. It is so diverse I don't think we will every utilize it all but who knows.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/17
Debbi K.
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/18

"Good System for Inventory and Incidents"

Comments: Inventory of our entire network - provides more options than we typically need but we can grow into it; helpdesk ticketing system

Pros: The ability to sync users and assets with Active Directory, reducing data entry -- the new upgrade looks as though it will take away my #1 current con which is having to be SQL capable in order to get out of much of what I need. I have high hopes

Cons: All Current system cons (current system on its way out in months though): the need to know SQL; system lags

• Reviewed on 2017/05/18
Scott A.
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/14

"Great ticketing and asset management solution"

Comments: BOSS allows us to keep accurate inventory of our technology infrastructure. The ticketing/help desk functionality and reporting allows us to ensure that our end users issues are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner. You would be hard pressed to find a solution that offers everything that BOSS does at a price point that fits the budget.

Pros: Helpdesk ticketing, inventory, reporting

Cons: SQL process does get pretty intensive and can tend to eat up a lot of resources.

Mary K.
Technology Specialists
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/10

"BOSS Solutions Review"

Comments: I enjoy working in BOSS as an end user and as an admin. I use BOSS to keep up with my school's inventory and with our technical trouble tickets. BOSS helps keep us organized and efficient. I do wish the BOSS conferences weren't so expensive.

Pros: The ease of use and the helpdesk support people are always willing to help.

Cons: I am not a fan of the mobile app. It could be because I don't use it as often.

• Reviewed on 2017/04/10
Jessie M.
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/16

"One year later still going strong"

Comments: The experience has been great, the staff at Boss is awesome and I have recommended them a number of times.

Pros: We have had much more buy-in from our users than our previous helpdesk software. The ease of use has been a driving factor and the Service Catalog is a game changer. The user selects what issue they are having and we have the forms set to collect the information that we need to help us provide the support faster.

Cons: The reporting is a little lacking, however, that is coming around.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/16
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/05

"Boss Asset Management"

Comments: Great product for managing your inventory and assets. Wonderful features offered through it for the customers, and most of all Fantastic Tech Support and guidance in making it work for you from the Boss Organization.

Pros: Ease of use and variety of features offered

Cons: does not provide a solution for all circumstances but which product does

• Reviewed on 2016/12/05
Dillon S.
IT Manager
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/17

"Well equiped for the price"

Pros: very good features out of the box for the price

Cons: a little bit of a learning curve at first figuring out where things are to customize

Long C.
PC Tech
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"Great Product"

Comments: Great reliable service

Pros: Ticketing System, Hardware Tracking, department Interaction

Cons: At the moment can think of any cons or setbacks.

Ronnesha B.
Business analyst
Government Relations, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Nice service"

Pros: When used correctly trends can be tracked.

Cons: Not sure at this time. Maybe more user friendly

Chris H.
Systems Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/17

"Effective in both cost and functionality"

Comments: Generations ahead of TrackIT (our solution before Boss Solutions). This has allowed our company to add some real accountability and proper incident hand-off among our team members.

Pros: Managed work flows. Automated ticket routing. Easier visibility to work flows, accountability, and assets.

Cons: Only how ready your organization is to accept any change but that is not a failing of the software.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/17
Ian V.
Systems Analyst
Government Administration, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Easy to get started"

Pros: BOSS Support Central has all the features you could want to manage your devices and service requests. Adding users, rolls, or importing devices was super simple with LDAP or csv upload

Cons: The reporting needs to be fleshed out along with the software maintenance features.

Emily S.
IT Intern
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/07

"BossDesk is overall wonderful!"

Comments: With my time working at my company, Bossdesk has been a great experience overall! Keep it up!!

Pros: I love the widgets! The Widgets make everything very easy to organize the specific tickets we go through-- We have Helpdesk tickets,Network tickets and Security tickets. It's a great way to organize and keep track of all my work. I also LOVE the knowledge base feature.

Cons: Sometimes Bossdesk gets a little slow, but that's nothing a restart can't fix!

• Reviewed on 2020/07/07
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/17

"Boss Support Central v3.x"

Comments: Very Easy to use and End user Friendly Client Server application. We have used this application now for almost 4 years and find it very useful to manage our daily helpdesk tickets. It also allows us the flexibility to run multiple reports on the collected data to analyze metrics of our existing helpdesk resources. Definitely one of the best helpdesk software systems out there.

by BOSS Solutions on 2016/05/23

Thank you Mahir for your positive feedback and review of BOSS Support Central.

Rick Y.
Application manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/13

"Effective and flexible service"

Comments: We've been a customer of BOSS Solutions for 10 years and our organization depends on Support Central hourly to track issues and service requests. Several departments provide services as assigned by Support Central.

by BOSS Solutions on 2016/05/23

Thank you Rick for positive review, feedback and ongoing support of the BOSS suite of products. We appreciate your feedback which helps us to continue to improve the products for all of our customers.

• Reviewed on 2016/05/13

"Boss Desk Review"

Comments: Fantastic Application, looks to be very easy to use. Very Adaptable to the device that it runs on, computing device agnostic design and flexible features makes this application one of the top in its class of Helpdesk applications.

by BOSS Solutions on 2016/05/23

Thank you Mahir for your positive review of the BOSS Service Desk Application. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to serve your service desk requirements.

Andreda R.
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/15

"Excellent Helpdesk Product!"

Comments: Managing a helpdesk environment with over 400 + users can be quite challenging at times. Thanks to BOSS Support Central HelpDesk module, I can rest assured that all created tickets are tracked and not lost in the email shuffle.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/15
Andrea R.
Office Assistant

"Excellent Software"

Pros: I like how easy this software is to use. Not only for the administrators, but the end users as well.

Cons: I am currently satisfied with how the software is working, it has met our needs allowing the IT department to provide services to the other departments.

Maria O.
Administrative Assistant
Construction, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"BOSS Solutions"

Comments: I have had nothing but a good experience with BOSS Solutions. They offer a wealth of information and solutions that meet of needs and they have a very responsive and friendly team to work with. They also offer training as needed.

Pros: I love how the product is easy to use especially when training as a new hire back in October. Very easy to navigate and offers a wealth of information for reporting on tickets to pin point areas of improvement.

Cons: I have no cons at the moment just have to learn everything that BOSS has to offer.

Ben S.
Senior Systems Analyst
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/17

"Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more."

Comments: BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Pros: The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Cons: BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

Kurt W.
Systems Administrator
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/17

"Best Help Desk software we've ever used"

Comments: Overall experience has been very good. We've been able to customize and implement custom ticketing queues in several different areas of our organization, including Fleet Services, Building Maintenance, and Communications with more to come. A very positive experience.

Pros: The installation experience was easy, set up was intuitive, and they continue to make improvements with every iteration.

Cons: Reporting is a bit more limited than I'd like, but their support has been fantastic in assisting with generating custom one-off reports to fit our needs.

Katherine V.
Helpdesk Intern
Machinery, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/17

"Very User and Agent Friendly Application"

Comments: I solve computer issues remotely with Boss Desk as well as track the work we're doing in the office via walkups. With the use that we need I feel it does an excellent job at fulfilling it. I really enjoy many aspectsa of BossDesk that makes my work run smoothly! We rely heavily on this application and I couldn't see it any other way.

Pros: I enjoy the user interface and find it very easy to use on both the agent view and requester view. In my job I'm not only responding and dealing with tickets but putting in tickets for other issues and experience little to no issues! Very easy to see where I need to do.

Cons: There's only one thing I truly have to complain about and it's the weird refresh error I get. If I have bossdesk open for maybe an hour or so with no activity the moment I go to use it it'll freeze, refresh, and then give me an error screen. Then I just follow my bookmarked link and it all works again. I've become pretty used to it so it hasn't been too much of a pain if I'm honest!

Nathaniel J.
Application Support

"Support Needs"

Pros: This application is very intuitive and very customizable.

Cons: The Role options, but those are currently being worked on to increase the flexibility in that feature.