Filter by:

• Overall

About Nutshell

Nutshell is an all-in-one CRM and email marketing platform that helps B2B organizations work together to win more deals.

Learn more about Nutshell

Prescott P.
Prescott P.
Mining & Metals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"leads don't allow you to easily sell services, only products. After sale service is hindered."

Comments: We get a cost effective CRM that frees up cash flow for use elsewhere in our business.

Pros: Nutshell offers a unique ability to tag people in activities and run reports on calling activities for my sales reps.

Cons: Every lead typically has a company or contact. But if you don't save the activity in the lead, and instead under the company or individual contact, you can't see it when your client calls in regarding the sale they want service for, so your customer service is hindered and your sales people look like they don't know the history of the account. It's embarrassing to use this software because Nutshell says they are only helping to land the sale, not support it, but this mindset about how they build their software results in a horrible disconnect with regards to how we are forced to serve our customers, and thus we are using a CRM that doesn't support the full life cycle of a sale. We keep hoping Nutshell will fix this and improve because their customer service is great, and their people mean well, but after several years of patiently waiting, we are concerned that we may never see this problem fixed. The mobile app also has so many glitches with the UX that it can't even compare the experience to how you can use leads in a web browser. Further, when we have a customer call in to ask about their account, the recent leads puts the oldest first in the list, which means we have to scroll through several hundred orders just to open the last order we did for that client. If you are trying to sell to a major corporate account with multiple facilities / departments, forget it with Nutshell; linking subcompanies / vendors / partners / other locations is a nightmare in Nutshell.

Mark T.
President & COO
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/19

"I've used CRM software on Mac, PC, & midrange IBM systems. Nutshell is at the top of the heap."

Comments: It's CRM that actually is liked and used!

Pros: Easy and flexible setup; consistently clear design. Can use basic functions without tripping over the advanced ones, and can gradually add feature/function for a smooth transition from beginner to power user. I also like the way you have color-keyed the function buttons to the main color on functional screens. A nice visual orientation cue!

Cons: I worked full-time in the design profession for 17 years, so this is a 'studied' critique:
There is a lot of market pressure for tech products to follow design trends. Unfortunately, design trends often are based on designers designing for other designers -- which tends to leave certain kinds of user needs out in the cold. One of the most common of these 'orphaned' needs is the need for contrast and clarity. Nutshell's UI gets high marks in my book for uncluttered design and common-sense functionality. But as people get older, it gradually becomes harder to distinguish low-contrast elements in a design. Contrast (and color, of course) also can be used (and is used to a degree in Nutshell) to 'lead the eye to where the action is. ' My suggestions for improving the main user screen are these:
1) Search Everything is, by definition, a key feature -- it should have a STRONG presence, instead of looking almost greyed-out.
2) Use bolder and slightly larger text throughout. To a degree, weight and size will compensate for lack of contrast -- and without cluttering the layout.

by Nutshell on 2017/05/30

Hi Mark!

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We appreciate the positive review and will pass along the feedback to our design team. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell community.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/19
Matthew W.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"Nutshell has been a necessity for our business."

Comments: Organization across sales, support, and billing.

Pros: The Dashboard is amazing for keeping up to date on the happenings in Sales. I also really appreciate the Wallboard(summary of sales that month) as we google cast it to your TV in our kitchen. The sales process functionality ensures all leads go through a standard sales process. Really good stuff. We're really glad to have supported Nutshell all these years.

Cons: SaaS support. I'm still not able to find CRM software that is geared towards SaaS companies. Seeing as Nutshell is a SaaS company I'm surprised they haven't added support for this yet. Once a lead is marked as one, you can't have steps in the sales process (mail a welcome package, follow-up after 2 weeks, 1 month, ask for an online review ;P) You have to manually create these tasks. Instead we've had to utilize Zapier to add a task to Asana for this. I wish we could do it all in Nutshell.

Bethany R.
Vice President
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"This software is easy to use. I love that I can track every client from computer or phone."

Pros: This software is easy to use! I didn't have any clue what "CRM" was, and many of the programs I was looking at required a business background to decode the user manual. Nutshell was intuitive. Knowing how to use my I-Phone and Facebook seemed to be the only background I needed to get started! I have all my clients in Nutshell now. I track what they buy, what classes they take through our company, and what they are likely to buy next. I send e-mails to clients every time they order that are customized to tell them what to buy next. All of this was easy to set up through the Nutshell software!

Cons: The only thing I would consider adding to Nutshell is a place to list what they purchased and a place to list what training they have received (other than in notes).

Bethany,

I'm so glad to hear that you've had such a wonderful experience with Nutshell. Our team works very hard to create an enjoyable and intuitive software experience.

Best,

Asya

Dave B.
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/15

"Lower cost alternative to other CRM programs"

Comments: Time and cost savings. Low cost way to manage my customer base info.

Pros: Ease of use. Searching is speedy and the interface is well thought out. There's a lot of customization available and marketing to my customers is easy with templates.

Cons: Lack of integration to pull in address data. It would be helpful to me if it could integrate with Linked IN and find and pull in address, email, phone and other data for prospective customers instead of requiring me to copy/paste or type in the data.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate you sharing your pro's and con's. I understand your desire to integrate with LinkedIn. We did at one time, but that ability has been removed. We are constantly trying to figure out better ways to pull in information. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell family.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/15
Mark F.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/07

"We like it. The iphone app is bit laggy."

Comments: Lots

Pros: Adding contacts when in gmail (The widget)
Strong gmail integration.
Tagging options are good.
Would like to see a real iPad app

Cons: No Gmail contact sync. Piesync can do it, why can's nutshell?
No Wysiwig editor for emails in Nutshell.
No attachments in Nutshell
I can't make sense of how to include a CC to an email , without adding them to the contact lead email lists
Need to have default intl area codes for phones in diff regions
There should be global email templates. If I have a sales team, all needing to uses a common template, it means they all need to copy/create there won template, including understanding of teh mark-up syntax. Not good.

Brian S.
Brian S.
Vice President of Sales
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/15

"We really like the insights we get from their reporting which helps us make decisions about our busi"

Comments: Nutshell was easy to setup, personalize and get value from the application. We continue to modify to our needs as Testimonial Tree's SaaS based customer survey, testimonial marketing, online review and reputation management business grows.

Pros: We really like the insights we get from their reporting which helps us make decisions about our business. We use it for our sales, new customer on-boarding and retention activities. We've been on the platform for over 3 years and highly recommend them.

Cons: We'd like to see them expand their App integrations & Zaps (Zapier) with best of breed solutions.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/15
Dan S.
VP Sales
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/09

"Very solid tracking system"

Comments: Tracking clients, leads and sales forecasting

Pros: Easy to use; Tracking clients and leads are very useful to driving revenue; Linking email accounts and documenting conversations saves me a great amount of time

Cons: Settings area could be setup better to link accounts and report setup could function a little better. Granted improvements have been made over the past year where it is much better than before.

Hey Dan!

Thanks a bunch for your feedback and taking the time to review Nutshell. We are happy you find the system solid and we'll investigate your concern with the settings area.

Many thanks,

• Reviewed on 2017/05/09
Justin R.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/09

"Great solution for salespeople to keep track of leads."

Comments: The ability to manage as many client profiles as my sales team can fit into a quarter with ease.

Pros: It's built in notification and notes system allows any salesperson to master their time management and keep a consistent reliable schedule, while maintaining accurate details of each client conversation to allow you to pick up right where you left off with any client.

Cons: It can be a bit glitchy at times, like any software, but to my knowledge it has never lost a single client profile across our entire company, making it reliable despite its flaws.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/09
Gordon R.
Director of Advertising
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/07

"Highly Recommended for Cross Platform Functionality"

Comments: Between the training that I received at the beginning and the ever-changing features that keep making things more seamless, I highly recommend Nutshell. Integrates great with Gmail, great mobile app for making adjustments on the go and the desktop platform is easy to use.

Pros: Customizable for varying types of sales processes. Really love the mobile app.

Cons: It's small but to open with a Gmail account, you have to find it in the Gmail apps rather than there being a link on the login page of Nutshell that allows you to login through Gmail. Small but when I close my computer down it's a bit of a process to log back in.

by Nutshell on 2017/05/08

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your feedback! We are very happy that you are all set up and running well. Thank you for being a Nutshell customer!

• Reviewed on 2016/07/07
Natalie M.
Marketing Direct/right hand
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

"Nutshell review"

Comments: We have all of our info in one spot which is nice and organized! Our last CRM randomly deleted our info which was so frustrating. We have not had that issue with this. I would still recommend because it is a really good software. our company just doesn't need all the bells and whistles that it offers. I am sure it works great for plenty other companies.

Pros: The email integration is probably the best part! Not having to copy and paste all of our emails. I also really like that my boss and I have separate profiles so it is easy to see who has done who.

Cons: iPad & mobile apps - so not user friendly! Lead and Person separation. seems like too much! Would rather have one profile that I can add as many people as I need and not all the info be separated. Also, the crazy "Follow Up" feature - you can't click all day. Have had some crazy funk with the scheduling for sure. Still shows appointments that I either edited for a different date/time or deleted! We are all about feedback and have given constant feedback, but my boss doesn't necessarily feel heard.

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your feedback! We definitely want you to feel heard. I will have a customer support representative reach out to your directly to clearly understand your pain points. Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell family.

Dale H.
Head of Strategy & Business Development
Utilities, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/07

"Beautifully intuitive CRM platform"

Comments: As a fast growing young company (from zero to GBP£19m in just 4 years), Nutshell provides us with a centralised contacts database and client relationship manager, and a platform on to which quotations can be stored, and leads progressed. We shall also use Nutshell to conduct marketing via the MailChimp integration.

Pros: I like the comparative ease of use and intuitive functionality such as the ability to scan business cards straight into the CRM via the smartphone app, and the quick 'Create' function. The reporting function appears to be very user friendly, although I would like training on how to make the reports bespoke to our requirements.

Cons: As a British company, presently focused only on the UK market, I dislike that the software is Americanised (e.g. dollar sign in pipeline, default markets etc). I also dislike that when creating a new lead for a company, adding a contact against the lead does not automatically propose contacts within the company against which the lead is being registered.

by Nutshell on 2017/05/14

Hey Dale,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy you are happy! You should be able to customize the fields to make the tool UK friendly...please let us know if you are having issues with this....

It's great to have you as part of the Nutshell community.

Oscar T.
Oscar T.
Engineer
Internet, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/28

"We close more deals with Nutshell."

Pros: Nutshell is a web based customer relationship management program ,and this eliminates the hassle of setting up and maintaining software, which is a weak point of non - web based Legacy CRM programs. Nutshell meets all of our expectation ,and allows for multiple user access ,smartphone access and it is cross platform too.

Cons: It has been a bit of a challenge trying to find other programs which can natively be integrate with Nutshell,to improve our sales process.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/28
Executive Assistant to the CEO
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/07

"Easy to use CRM for Small businesses"

Comments: A CRM that gets the job done without being complicated. Customer service is also excellent!

Pros: I had never used a CRM before, but yet I was able to set it up with ease. It is very intuitive. We have a lot of people on our team who have never used a CRM before and they catch on easily. I also love the integrations with google and our ticketing system.

Cons: Not all reporting features are available with the basic subscription - but enough are available that we don't need to upgrade.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/07
Mackenzie R.
Sr. Business Development Executive
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/08

"MR's review"

Comments: I find it very easy to use and integrate into your sales process. The system seems to be very users friendly as to where to find things. Minimal training was needed based on our companies 'sales flow'. The leads report is also very helpful.

Pros: I like the lead creation and flow, it's nice because it mimics a check list which is helpful to completing my processes with a new prospect.

Cons: The bcc functionality, if I recall from using sales force there were more ways to 'tag to salesforce' via email that were easy while emailing and after the fact. I don't like that calls get logged to your google calendar after you take notes on them. Seems to clutter things up for no reason.

• Reviewed on 2016/07/08
Robert P.
Director of Business Development
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"This is my company's first use with CRM system. I have been pleased with the experience."

Comments: Great customer service. Good price for small/ start up businesses & sales teams. Great management of timelines for contacting each customer.

Pros: The software makes it very easy to keep track of communication with each of our potential clients. Being able to email directly through the software is very convenient, compared to going back and forth through email. The functions of being able to add indiviuals and companies to each Lead is helpful as well rather than just 1 person/ company. As our sales will usually go through a couple chanels before final sale.

Cons: Mobile app feature is decent. It doesn't have all the functions as online. Such as adding notes or logging activities. This would be helpful when traveling to add at the same time of meeting or directly after, rather than needing to go to actually computer. Previously had some trouble finding the emails logged if I hadn't created the company/person before sending the email, but I believe this has been resolved recently. The stages of Leads doesn't neccesarily apply to our sales steps. We offer service and products and most of our Leads to do not follow the linear nature of stages.

Douglas B.
VP Sales/Marketing
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"Pretty good....constant changing makes it difficult to get comfortable"

Comments: Responsible for everything sales related internally. It is our backbone right now

Pros: Pricing and value; you don't try to put too much into the software. I don't need it to do 1000 things, just 100 things well

Cons: Constant changing has made things difficult. The removal of reports (or poor transfer of reports) with the new reporting structure has made existing data being reported out to management VERY difficult to obtain. You went for form over function with this latest update

Arin S.
Dir Bus Dev
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"some UI inconsistencies cause confusion in sales team, but overall easy to use."

Comments: Ease of use compared to a zoho or salesforce. Value for price/head.

Pros: Colorful and easy to navigate - easy for legacy and new sales associates to use and get something out of it.

Cons: Search is terrible. If you don't know exactly what you're searching for, far too few results populate to make good decisions. Should be able to type query, press enter and get a list 20 results or more. If you have 12 leads with a company, the one you're looking for might not show up. Also how you enter info - like adding a person to a lead. if you don't add their role or notes when creating the person, you can't add it later unless you exit the lead and update the person on their profile page - this should be an option in the pop-up quick edit window.

Millie M.
service rep. /expeditor/scheduling
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"i don't know about the money part but i like using nutshell"

Pros: I use everyday to set appointments, keep track of customers, call back ect. .look up info and anything else i need to reference.

Cons: getting use to changes you make, i am not in the area of reports just a user daily, so i can only call in when something has changed to see how to use it.

Hi Millie,

We appreciate your feedback and that you are a happy Nutshell customer! It's great that Nutshell is meeting your needs.

Mike T.
Sales Process Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"Overall its a beneficial sales CRM. There are some specific team needs that Nutshell has limits on"

Comments: streamlining our sales team and reducing the # of softwares/tools needed to communicate

Pros: Ease of use, and reporting capability. Great to keep our sales team communicating on 1 platform instead of using multiple tools to carry out our daily tasks

Cons: Limited security roles, user preferences. Needs more customized notification settings to filter by sales team, not just all or nothing. Needs to take into account (for revenue tracking) recurring monthly service products, and needs to improve on international based sales team capability

Michael C.
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"It has been a very good experience overall."

Comments: clear picture of effort being made on the sales side.

Pros: It is easy to use and the mobile app is a nice touch. I like the fact that they are continually adding features and improving the experience. That is a major consideration for us - as we learn to use the software and understand how it can help us, they are also looking at ways to make the software help us.

Cons: i don't like the lack of integration with natively installed Microsoft Word and re-usable templates for letters, contracts, mail merges, etc.

Maryann G.
CFO
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"it is easy to use and can semi - customize"

Pros: it is easy to enter new data. I like being able to generate an email via Nutshell. I love the map feature. Also, like the note section. it's great to see when co-workers have been in contact last with each contact.

Cons: Search features are a little rough. You need to be very specific and sometimes I do not have enough information to find a contact, re abbreviations,etc

by Nutshell on 2017/05/12

Hi Maryann!

Thanks so much for the positive review. If you reach out to customer service, they may be able to give you some tips to help you on your searches.

Frank

Svetomir P.
Gen. Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/08

"Great help! Our business would not be the same without Nutshell!"

Pros: Flexibility and modulirity. It can support us no matter how our sales/service procedures are set...

Cons: iPhone / Android apps could be just a bit better. iPhone version has a small bug

by Nutshell on 2017/05/10

Svetomir,

I'm happy to hear that Nutshell is working great along side your team! Thank you for being a loyal Nutshell customer, we appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,

Asya

Daniel B.
Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/07

"Very useful to keep track of leads and follow through to the job."

Comments: Tracking of Leads, links to documents, process to create leads.

Pros: Easy to follow a lead and check the overall progress of leads. Useful to be able to message others as to the progress of jobs

Cons: Search function does not work very well, brings up items not searched for and sometimes does not bring up what you're looking for.

Gábor B.
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/16

"I started to use it 6 months ago, now I've got the task to be the administrator and customize it."

Pros: Design, Integrations, To Do list on the Dashboard.
I like how companies, people and leads can be connected and stored separetely at the same time.
We haven't used it properly but I plan to discover it a little bit more in the coming months, also to get our team to have some principles in the usage.

Cons: The structure of the leads is not the best. It'd be great to see my leads in different stages in a simple KANBAN structure.

HI Gabor!

Hope you are enjoying the new Board view with drag-and-drop pipeline management! Looking forward to hearing how your weekly meetings are going now! Thanks for giving us your feedback.